Stores > Wayfair

Customer service: Rating 2.64/10 2.64/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
2017-02-19

NEVER DELIVER

"Would have given zero stars but that was not an option.
I ordered a 4 drawer dresser on 11/23/16. After numerous shipment arrival date changes and Wayfair unable to locate dresser they relented and cancelled this order on 1/16/17 and placed a reorder. Well guess what? The second dresser turned up missing as well and again Wayfair was unable to obtain any information as to its whereabouts. I suspect theft is occurring somewhere either before or after it is shipped from Wayfair but don't know if they even care. After waiting some 75 days Wayfair threw up their hands and cancelled the second order with no reorder placed. They simply washed their hands of it.

Ironically they are very quick to place the charge on your credit card but are unable to deliver the product. I found it necessary to place two different disputes with my credit card company. Needless to say, I am thoroughly disgusted with Wayfair and would never consider ordering from them again.

This review was modified by JsScam on February 21 2017 03:15:01 PM

2017-02-18

We don't know why we screwed up your order, but... sorry you feel that way!

"Placed order. Clear shipping address, with confirmation email. Subsequent email has totally different, incorrect address. Have to call to fix their mistake, explained clearly, written off without an apology.. finally resolved. Move on. Delivers to the wrong address anyway!!! Have to talk at length to them again to get it sent to me. Dont process the discount code I gave them. Don't even bother sending it priority after all of their mistakes. The bed arrived chipped... sure, I could have gone to great length and personal expense to resolve the chip. But is it even worth it at that point? No compensation offer beyond "take the bed apart and send it back in again." Of course you know that no one will do that. Completely ridiculous!!! Oh and something along the lines of "sorry we can't fix our mistakes via express mail." So I've still yet to receive something that was supposed to arrive almost a week ago. Never mind the large number of orders I'd placed and all of the money I'd spent. When I told them I was unsatisfied with the service? Oh, you bet. "Sorry you feel that way." I'd rather shop somewhere that doesn't take their customers for granted and behave so flippantly forwards their repeated inadequacies and failures."

This review was modified by Causeyrob on February 21 2017 12:30:12 AM

2017-02-13

Get a return shipping quote in writing!

"I contacted the Wayfair sales dept. and asked them about the color of a chair and ottoman. I asked if I weren't happy with the color what it would cost to return them. I was told the shipping return charges would be about $30. I placed the order based on that quote and figured I didn't have a lot to lose if the color didn't match our other furniture. Well the color was O.K., but not for the price we paid. So I called Wayfair and was told it would cost $170 to return ship the chair and ottoman! So not worth it. I was very disappointed...felt I'd been conned. Not only that but I found out later the identical item was available through Amazon for $120 less! So my advice is first shop around for a better deal, and secondly, if you do go with Wayfair, get the return shipping charge quoted in writing."

This review was modified by docwatson_2 on February 15 2017 03:45:02 PM

2017-02-11

"Love the choices and prices! Fun to shop here!"

This review was modified by beela on February 14 2017 12:30:06 AM

2017-02-03

Backorder nightmare

"I ordered a dining table and two benches back in December of 2015. Multiple delays into January with them swearing it would ship January 31st. Feb 1st rolls around and I get an email that it is now going to ship in *May*!! I called them can cancelled the order. No apologies no nothing (at least I got my money back). Dining room still empty months later.

I will be taking my business to a reputable retailer now where I can at least get a feel for the actual timeline, Wayfair lesson learned the hard way.

NOTE: Order is canceled so I cant find the exact original order date.

This review was modified by rshirlen on February 07 2017 12:15:07 AM

2017-02-03

THREE MONTH SHIPPING!!!

"****BUYERS BEWARE****

I want to share my experience with wayfair - their slogan being "its just better when the big stuff ships free." WHAT A LIE!

We ordered a table the beginning of November and FINALLY got it February 1st!!! -- almost THREE MONTHS after it was ordered. At first we thought the customer service was nice and that they were trying their hardest to get our table to us...no.
We called no short of 10 times, exchanged about 20 emails with them...and it took our table being lost, found, then lost again (two months after we ordered it) for them to finally ship us a second one. We literally were given the run-around for MONTHS! I have never been so mad about a purchase in my life.

And the tracking? Forget about it. The tracking would change daily. Every week it would say "package delayed, you will be contacted in the next 2-3 days with an update" but we would never be contacted. WE ALWAYS HAD TO CONTACT THEM!

They gave us $200 off the purchase price but when you have to wait a quarter of a year to get your items and call/email every other day...we should have been given our full purchase price back, and until that happens I will continue to share this story on every social media platform/review page possible. AND IF I WERE YOU I WOULD NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING BIG FROM WAYFAIR, especially if you need it within 3 months.

CHERRY ON TOP: HARDWARE FOR ONE CHAIR WAS MISSING WHEN THE TABLE FINALLY GOT HERE ALMOST THREE MONTHS AFTER THE PURCHASE. So, still waiting on that. They expedited it so maybe it will get here in a few weeks.

My husband and I tried to be nice and understanding. He works for the USPS and understands delays happen and we don't like giving bad reviews ever but this was just too much.

This review was modified by stacicrochet on February 07 2017 12:15:06 AM

2017-01-27

As easy as Amazon!!

"Love it....Just as easy as amazon!!"

This review was modified by mickies on January 31 2017 12:02:00 AM

2017-01-23

the shopper who picked a winner

"very impressed with all the products I could could spend all day just looking for the best one and with the best price but I pick a winner this morning so ill be late for work but ill have a smile yea ill"

This review was modified by michaelvu on January 25 2017 06:00:02 AM

2017-01-16

Poor order delivery

"Can't believe their online ordering system Can't handle a unique shipping destination. After entering a specific ship to the glassware still came to my home address. Now another $20 to get where it belongs. Sheesh!!!"

This review was modified by Ckkkim on January 18 2017 08:15:02 PM

2017-01-03

NEVER again ~ NO way ~ Way-NOT-FAIR

"Horrible Customer Service. My daughter ordered the Dynamic Portable Electric Infrared Heater, item #DYNS1040 in November, 2015. She was looking for something safe to use in her infant son's room. The heater worked for approximately two months. She contacted Wayfair and was given the runaround. It was still under warranty and the company knew that there was a default in this particular model. She was told that she would be sent the new part and it was an "easy fix". Both she and her husband tried. I, who usually can figure out these things, tried. We youtubed to try to find a fix. Nothing helped us and the companies, Wayfair and the maker of the Heater, refused any help. It was going to cost me almost as much as buying a new heater, to hire someone to fix it. Finally, just this holiday season, I was able to take it with me from Virginia to Indiana to let my nephew, who is amazing at working on all kinds of things as it is his career, see if he could figure it out. He did but said that, even for him, it was tricky. I have turned it on just today, and now I will see how long it works. I would never recommend buying from this company. They are the middle man for other companies and their customer service was not friendly nor serviceable to this customer. I would give it 0 stars if possible."

This review was modified by Joyfulginger on January 03 2017 11:44:07 AM

2016-12-27

Over 2 weeks late delivering furniture! Apologized for the "confusion" rather than for being late

"I recently moved, and ordered a dining table on November 28th, with ample time for our Christmas dinner. The initial delivery estimate was December 12th (to the local delivery partner) and I assume a few days later to my home. On the 19th of December, I had received no updates and no table. As I logged on, I saw that the estimate had change to the 21st of December. That was annoying but understandable. On the 22nd, still nothing. I emailed customer service, who apologized for the "confusion and frustration" rather than for being late. At that point, I was told it was arriving that very day to the delivery partner, so I had some hope of seeing it for Christmas. Late in the afternoon on the 23rd, I once again checked the status, and at this point it had changed the "estimated delivery" to January 3-6. So now I get no table for Christmas AND New Year's. As I complained to CS, I was given a 10% discount, which can be easily found online... Thanks Wayfair for absolutely terrible customer experience with ample delays and little communication. "

This review was modified by davidcblanchard on December 27 2016 01:13:19 PM

2016-12-21

Required expedited shipping, so they could still get it to me late

"I even bought through the wal-mart website. Tried to order on the 14th of December, and they said I would STILL need to pay extra shipping to get it here for Christmas.... So I did. They didn't even try to ship it until the 21st, almost a full week later. When I got the shipping notification, it said, it wouldn't arrive until the 27th. Awesome.

Ron at their service number tried to return some of the money but it would still be late. Uh huh, because nothing says 'I love you honey" like getting your Christmas presents several days after everyone else.

Now I have to wait until FedEx sends it back to them before I get a refund. Great. Good job.

This review was modified by MichaelinDelaware on December 21 2016 11:31:19 AM

2016-12-18

Don't Bother

"Wayfair cancelled my order because they would not stand behind their price. I could have purchased the product through Walmart or Amazon for a similar price. All vendor prices have gone up and I missed out at purchasing the product for a good price. Don't bother doing business with Wayfair or their affiliates. "

This review was modified by cgdevona on December 18 2016 01:53:09 PM

2016-12-09

Worth the Wait

"Item was out of stock. Wayfair kept me informed on status. "

2016-12-04

Don't trust their product review ratings - they will not publish bad ones

"I must assume Wayfair unfairly protects products with high ratings to ensure customers cannot find out about the product's problems.

BE CAREFUL TRUSTING product reviews - Wayfair will not publish/approve critical reviews.
You are only seeing only the reviews Wayfair wants you to see.

Here's the background:
Just joined Wayfair and ordered a new bed. Ordering experience and shipping was fantastic, however, the product was not accurately described.

My review was thorough, accurate neutral (3 out of 5 stars) and followed their posting guidelines. I was careful to discuss only facts; referring to differences between Mfg's product description and the actual product I received. Overall, I stated the bed was fine, but noted several areas the product description was inaccurate or lacking information that would help buyers make an informed purchase decision -- this is critical because the bed cannot be changed or returned after purchase (it's considered a custom order)

Wayfair never posted my very fair review. I tried a second time to submit, but they chose not to publish it again.

It's pretty obvious if you read through reviews, there are very few bad reviews on any product. That's just not possible and clearly shows they cherry-pick reviews that help them sell.

What a shame Wayfair purposely hides and deletes product reviews - deceiving customers on product quality and construction.

This review was modified by undotcom on December 04 2016 03:45:41 PM

Share Wayfair's store rating

Wayfair is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Wayfair is a merchant member
Wayfair participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,443 merchant members.