Stores > Wayfair

Customer service: Rating 2.69/10 2.69/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
2017-01-16

Poor order delivery

"Can't believe their online ordering system Can't handle a unique shipping destination. After entering a specific ship to the glassware still came to my home address. Now another $20 to get where it belongs. Sheesh!!!"

This review was modified by Ckkkim on January 18 2017 08:15:02 PM

2017-01-03

NEVER again ~ NO way ~ Way-NOT-FAIR

"Horrible Customer Service. My daughter ordered the Dynamic Portable Electric Infrared Heater, item #DYNS1040 in November, 2015. She was looking for something safe to use in her infant son's room. The heater worked for approximately two months. She contacted Wayfair and was given the runaround. It was still under warranty and the company knew that there was a default in this particular model. She was told that she would be sent the new part and it was an "easy fix". Both she and her husband tried. I, who usually can figure out these things, tried. We youtubed to try to find a fix. Nothing helped us and the companies, Wayfair and the maker of the Heater, refused any help. It was going to cost me almost as much as buying a new heater, to hire someone to fix it. Finally, just this holiday season, I was able to take it with me from Virginia to Indiana to let my nephew, who is amazing at working on all kinds of things as it is his career, see if he could figure it out. He did but said that, even for him, it was tricky. I have turned it on just today, and now I will see how long it works. I would never recommend buying from this company. They are the middle man for other companies and their customer service was not friendly nor serviceable to this customer. I would give it 0 stars if possible."

This review was modified by Joyfulginger on January 03 2017 11:44:07 AM

2016-12-27

Over 2 weeks late delivering furniture! Apologized for the "confusion" rather than for being late

"I recently moved, and ordered a dining table on November 28th, with ample time for our Christmas dinner. The initial delivery estimate was December 12th (to the local delivery partner) and I assume a few days later to my home. On the 19th of December, I had received no updates and no table. As I logged on, I saw that the estimate had change to the 21st of December. That was annoying but understandable. On the 22nd, still nothing. I emailed customer service, who apologized for the "confusion and frustration" rather than for being late. At that point, I was told it was arriving that very day to the delivery partner, so I had some hope of seeing it for Christmas. Late in the afternoon on the 23rd, I once again checked the status, and at this point it had changed the "estimated delivery" to January 3-6. So now I get no table for Christmas AND New Year's. As I complained to CS, I was given a 10% discount, which can be easily found online... Thanks Wayfair for absolutely terrible customer experience with ample delays and little communication. "

This review was modified by davidcblanchard on December 27 2016 01:13:19 PM

2016-12-21

Required expedited shipping, so they could still get it to me late

"I even bought through the wal-mart website. Tried to order on the 14th of December, and they said I would STILL need to pay extra shipping to get it here for Christmas.... So I did. They didn't even try to ship it until the 21st, almost a full week later. When I got the shipping notification, it said, it wouldn't arrive until the 27th. Awesome.

Ron at their service number tried to return some of the money but it would still be late. Uh huh, because nothing says 'I love you honey" like getting your Christmas presents several days after everyone else.

Now I have to wait until FedEx sends it back to them before I get a refund. Great. Good job.

This review was modified by MichaelinDelaware on December 21 2016 11:31:19 AM

2016-12-18

Don't Bother

"Wayfair cancelled my order because they would not stand behind their price. I could have purchased the product through Walmart or Amazon for a similar price. All vendor prices have gone up and I missed out at purchasing the product for a good price. Don't bother doing business with Wayfair or their affiliates. "

This review was modified by cgdevona on December 18 2016 01:53:09 PM

2016-12-09

Worth the Wait

"Item was out of stock. Wayfair kept me informed on status. "

2016-12-04

Don't trust their product review ratings - they will not publish bad ones

"I must assume Wayfair unfairly protects products with high ratings to ensure customers cannot find out about the product's problems.

BE CAREFUL TRUSTING product reviews - Wayfair will not publish/approve critical reviews.
You are only seeing only the reviews Wayfair wants you to see.

Here's the background:
Just joined Wayfair and ordered a new bed. Ordering experience and shipping was fantastic, however, the product was not accurately described.

My review was thorough, accurate neutral (3 out of 5 stars) and followed their posting guidelines. I was careful to discuss only facts; referring to differences between Mfg's product description and the actual product I received. Overall, I stated the bed was fine, but noted several areas the product description was inaccurate or lacking information that would help buyers make an informed purchase decision -- this is critical because the bed cannot be changed or returned after purchase (it's considered a custom order)

Wayfair never posted my very fair review. I tried a second time to submit, but they chose not to publish it again.

It's pretty obvious if you read through reviews, there are very few bad reviews on any product. That's just not possible and clearly shows they cherry-pick reviews that help them sell.

What a shame Wayfair purposely hides and deletes product reviews - deceiving customers on product quality and construction.

This review was modified by undotcom on December 04 2016 03:45:41 PM

2016-10-14

Fast and easy!

"Easy to put together outdoor furniture. Being female, I read the instructions and got through it pretty well. Recommend this site

This review was modified by marlyneadams on October 14 2016 01:32:04 PM

2016-10-11

"Very satisfied, keep up the good work."

2016-09-24

"Great service! Got merchandize immediately and exchange and credit was a breeze.,"

2016-09-22

Great Customer Service!

"Some of my stuff came banged up but Wayfair was great about everything. The products are as pictured and durable for the most part."

2016-09-17

Cushion cover with hole in it.

"I really had hoped for a good experience when I found that wayfair was available in Canada so I ordered some cushion covers to give my old cushions a bit of a lift. They arrived well before the estimated arrival date which was a nice surprise. However, one of the cushion covers had a large hole in it. Repairing it was pretty much impossible as it looked to have been cut. When I turned it inside out to try and fix it I found the inside to be filthy dirty. Ugh. To top it all off, even though I'd ordered a cotton cover, the care instructions said not to wash or dry it. Perfect :(
I'd also planned to order a piece of art for my living room but found the shipping costs to be unbelievably high. My husband said he could ship heavy car parts from the US cheaper than I could ship that painting. I am so disappointed this didn't work out.

2016-09-15

Great Experience

"Great quality and prices. Quick and easy process."

2016-09-14

LITERALLY the WORSTnexperience I've EVER had with a company

"I wish negative stars was an option. I wish I could review the sofa I purchased itself, but it has yet to arrive. Dealing with Wayfair has been an absolute nightmare. I placed my order while the sofa was in stock and received an expected delivery date of 2 weeks from the date the order was placed. Perfect, fine by me. I received an email a few days later saying that the order was going to be delayed an additional two weeks - totaling a month of waiting for this couch. Meanwhile, I just moved into a new apartment and have no where to sit. I was disappointed and contacted their customer service team. They offered me upgraded shipping and a menial discount on the couch. Fine, I'll take it, but would still rather be able to sit down, hassle free.

Today is the day the couch was supposed to arrive, between the hours of 1-5pm. Not the most convenient or fun ways to spend a nice Saturday afternoon, but I was so excited to see my new apartment come together. I gave up my whole day waiting. When 5:30 rolled around, I called their customer service line to ask for an update. They gave me a phone number for the delivery department that went straight to voicemail. I called back again at 6:30 to be met with the following "resolution". They could not tell me if it was showing up tonight, they could not contact the driver, they don't know where the drivers are, they don't know if they deliver on Sundays, they don't know if I can expect it on Monday. So, Wayfair, what do you know? I really wish I was able to tell you how wonderful this couch is, but even when it comes, the experience has been so absolutely heinous that I will never order from Wayfair again and urge caution to other buyers.

UPDATE: Today is the day, that after all of this nonsense, my couch was supposed to be delivered. I received multiple email confirmations that the couch was coming today. I took a half day from work, got home before my allotted time slot and waited. I called because I started to get nervous that it wasn't coming and SURPRISE! One of their customer service reps (Kate) put in the wrong date and f*** up my order AGAIN. They offered me $60 in compensation for the time I missed at work and just apologized. Take your apology and shove it.

This review was modified by memurp2 on September 14 2016 02:00:47 PM

2016-09-08

"I'll be happy to give a review after I receive my first order"

Share Wayfair's store rating

Wayfair is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Wayfair is a merchant member
Wayfair participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,446 merchant members.