"Watford Electronics aka Savastore are awful. They sent me the wrong items, then it has taken 2 and a half hours and four phone calls to get a refund. I would sooner try and fashion an ADSL router out of some cardboard, bits of old radio and super glue, than order one from these guys in the future. Typical excuses such as "rapid business expansion" and "we are just so busy sir" were given when commenting on their poor service, for me this is just not acceptible. Poor service from start to finish. There are better and cheaper resellers out there."

"I bought my Carrera Computer because of its hi level spec and because it came with a five year warranty - three years on site and 2 years RTB. One week after it arrived (with damage to the tower case) the hard drive failed completely. I had to spend literally hours on the phone trying to get through to the warranty department. After twenty minutes in a queue they cut you off and you have to start again! Agh!!!!!!!!

A few moths after that Saga they wrote to me and told me that Carrera had been taken over by Watford Electronics and that my warranty was void. They would however honour it for a total of two years only (on site). I've never understood this - they were part of Watford Electronics before.

Two weeks before my warranty was up my graphics card failed. After two days of attempts to get through the guy on the line persuaded me that he couldn't get someone to visit me on site for 2 weeks - but could have it picked up by courier in two days. I agreed - bad mistake. They have had my PC for a month now and they are still waiting for a part.

My business has been on standstill waiting for this to be sorted. I've just bought a laptop so that I can keep doing business (a DELL!!!).

The staff at Watford Electronics range from 'hard cheese' to embarassed and under pressure. I've learned that when I started this recent repair issue with them the warranty department had only one person there to answer the calls. They were again disconnecting me after 20 minutes. The time to reply to e-mails is five days. Appalling.

I will never buy from Watford Electronics, Aries PC or Carrera SSC again!

"Delivery by Amtrack during the day while I was out - only held for 2 days at a location 20 miles away. emailed savastore with alternative delivery address - they returned and refunded item but charged me postage. No response to phone calls or emails. Have gone down hill last few months - I will not be using them again"

"Shipped wrong part - enquired about exchanging and refuse to reply despite pestering. It's not even gonna cost them anything but clearly they see customer satisfaction/actually selling stuff as too much trouble"

"Delivery from Savastore the internet trading arm of Watford Electronics has been terrible with goods having been flagged as despatched and then taking over 2 weeks to arrive. After receiving the item, it failed to work and a return code was requested. There has been no contact from Watford and their return system no longer works on their web site. I will not use them again."

"Despite having agreed to a £50.00 upgrade to my original order, because W.E. could not meet the delivery date they quoted, my computer was delivered one month late.
During the wait for my computer it was impossible to contact W.E. by telephone, on one day alone my call charges were £8.52, which became necessary because they failed to respond to emails.
When the computer did arrive the wrong drivers were loaded and the casing was damaged.
Response from W.E. so far - ZERO.

Don't buy from Watford Electronics a.k.a. savastore.com they suck more than a Dyson !
on call charges

"After sales customer service appaling. Rejected item on day of receipt requested Ra number as stated in there terms and conditions, No responce after 48hrs tried phoneing friday 13th (silly me) got no responce, Got through today told they take no notice of the terms and conditions. item now on its way back how long for a refund"

modified review This review was modified by terrywarren on January 18 2006 05:09:25 AM

"purchsed a complete pc system they said 3-7 days delivery 4 weeks later recived it after phoniong them and waiting on phone for 1 hour. sent out faulty goods then wanted me to wait 2 weeks for a technition to come out after arguing about it they collected and told me it would be repaired within 24 hours. 4 days later i still havent heared or recieved anything. you phone they say they prefer email. you email they tell you to phone. dont buy from this company al they want is your money and no aftersales at all."

"Problems cancelling out of stock items from my order. Whenever I tried to do this Watford put the order on hold for days. They ignored numerous emails. This beacame unworkable since there is no telephone enquiry option. Entire order fianlly cancelled.

Avoid this vendor

modified review This review was modified by HaggardPete on December 10 2005 12:48:02 AM

"I placed an order for stocked items (Belikin F5D9015UK) on Friday 7 Oct' at 14h30 , paid £17.56 extra for Saturday delivery, and received it Tuesday. They have not replied to my e-mail complaints, they have not credited me for the delivery charge and to make it worse they use a premium rate phone number with long queues even when it is their fault!"

"I bought an extended on site warranty. I called and after making an apppointment it was cancelled - eventually the machine was returned to the store for 5 days for repair. After the 5 days I was told they didn't have the machine. The next day I was told they did have the machine but it wasn't repaired in fact it hadn't been started. Now I have the same problem reoccuring and have waited over a week for the engineer to call - not hopeful in getting a repair done this month!"

"I ordered a Media Center IR Keyboard which arived fine but was faulty. I have requested an RMA but have still heard nothing after a WEEK of waiting. You cannot phone these people as their call center only takes Sales calls i.e we want all you money but once we have it we don't care.

Avoid at all costs!!

"One word - Appalling.
Say item's in stock when it isn't. Waited three weeks for said item to arrive, When it did it was faulty. Tried to phone customer services - can't, only email contact which they use to respond when and if they feel like it.
After being sent from pillar to post for a return authorisation, they rejected my request.
Don't know why 'cos (you've guessed it) they won't answer my emails.
I've now had to take this matter up with the manufacturer directly which is both time consuming and frustrating.
I would urge anyone NOT to part with your money to this company, their customer service stinks.
I'm certainly not alone in my anger, check out www.grumbletext.co.uk and other reviews and you'll see what I mean.
When are these people going to learn that customers pay their wages and if you don't look after them they are going to go to someone that will.

"Continual delays on delivery even though websits showed in stock at time of order. Email updates gave frequently changing ETA dates. Subsequently advised product no longer available but when I queried some detail by return email I then got no response. Not at all impressed and very poor customer support does not inspire confidence in after sales service etc."

"Dont buy a PC from this company unless you are happy to foot the bill for insured courier delivery back to them when a fault occurs. After contacting Trading Standards I was told that this is WRONG the company should pay for ALL faulty returns under the 'sale of goods act' I have left this matter in the hands of the Finance Company I used for the purchase"

Watford Electronics is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Watford Electronics is not a merchant member
Watford Electronics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!