Stores > Walmart

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.79/10 0.79/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.74/10 0.74/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.79/10 0.79/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.87/10 0.87/10
Voice your opinion! Review Walmart by clicking a star below.
2017-03-25

No phones

"If Walmart is going to sell something I would think they should at least stand behind the product. I bought 2 cell phones from Wal-Mart.com and neither of them will turn on. I called Walmart.com and was told it's not their fault. Another company is responsible. Walmart took the money out of my account and now will not return any of it. I was told I have to go after the manafactor myself. Very dissatisfied and disappointed."

2017-03-25

2 day shipping - Not

"I tried Walmart's 2 day shipping service. I ordered my items and 7 days later I received them. No updates, or reasons as to why the order was delivered late. One of the items received; the shipping box was damaged as well as the inner carton with the item. The item was serviceable, so I did not return.
I am definitely staying with Amazon. Their service and delivery is outstanding.

This review was modified by woodadw on March 25 2017 04:00:01 PM

2017-03-24

2 day shipping..more like 2 weeks

"I ordered a loft bed almost 2weeks ago...it was supposed to have been there this past Monday and i called the customer service center and they tell me the label was not attached to the merchandise so it was"lost" in transit.
Ok so she cancels and re orders for me.
I called today because it was supposed to be there yesterday...they tell me the same bull...that it has been "lost" and the original order actually did ship but the store no longer has the original order because it was cancelled.
At this point i am seriously upset. The guy I spoke with was rude and kept speaking over me. I asked to speak to his manager and he was even worse...i even heard him laughing a few times.
I will never ever order from Walmart again and really this has put a bad taste in my mouth for the store as a whole. I won't be spending my money with them. Just rude!

This review was modified by SYJones on March 24 2017 09:00:07 AM

2017-03-23

"I hade a horable expeareance shopping online.
I baught a bike for my sone on Mar 17 and was billed that day I checked it threw my online banking. On Mar 22 I was charged again for the same product. I called walmart cs and was given gibberish answers like u werent charged the first time the system bills u when the product ships. I told him hey I WAS CHARGED TWICE I AM HOLDING MY BANK STATEMENT. There was a paus he said hold on then transferred me to the over the phone servay?! I hung up then called back and talked to a more reasonable person who promised the funds would be returned within 5days.
I will never shop at walmart again.

This review was modified by Joe-17150 on March 23 2017 07:45:02 PM

2017-03-23

WalMart/VIP Outlet

"I bought a FitBit Charge 2 and was shipped a Flex 2. The Flex 2 is hugely cheaper and not reason why. I called and was treated like it was no big deal and sorry but you will have to wait 2 weeks to receive the correct item. I'm out of the money now until hopefully they receive the return. VIP Outlet is a company I will never do business with again. Had I not noticed and opened the sealed box then what, I already over paid for the item I received. They should have said a replacement would be sent overnight as soon as the wrong one they sent me was returned. Don't buy from them "

This review was modified by OchreKoi on March 23 2017 11:00:08 AM

New 2 Day Free Shipping Program is a JOKE

"Tried this twice now and both times my orders have taken 6 days minimum to arrive, despite all program requirements being met (i.e., must order by 2pm, item(s) must qualify, weekends not included, $35 minimum, etc.). If Walmart is going to offer this, they should follow through and do what they promise to do. Ironically, when I used to just pay the standard shipping fee my orders ALWAYS arrived in less time than they do with this ridiculously inept program. "

This review was modified by JasmineCoral on March 22 2017 04:45:02 PM

2 day delivery...NOT

"Just tracked my order and it will not arrive on specified day. Now, I have to go shopping after work to pick up items that were needed today...not tomorrow or whenever! Why advertise 2 day delivery when you can't follow through? I can see from reading other reviews that I'm not the only customer who is unhappy with this promise of 2 day delivery. Thought I'd give this a try, but back to Amazon. They have never disappointed."

This review was modified by Denice-26871 on March 22 2017 04:45:02 PM

FRUSTRATED (w/ UPDATE)

"UPDATE: After a complaint to the BBB, someone from Walmart called me and provided a refund that very day. They also sent a $50 gift card for the trouble. Therefore, I have adjusted the stars. I still think that they need to do a serious review of how these processes are handled, as they seem to have a very messed up system right now.

-------------------
I'm just going to post my email I sent today. I am so frustrated with this company.
***********
Order #3091789-130070, 2 items

This is the 7th contact I am making with your company about this, the last 6 were by phone. You should see those in your logs. On FEB 7 I ordered two items from the website. I made the purchase with a $52.25 gift card that I purchased myself, and a credit card for the balance.

The items did not arrive by FEB 11 as stated on your site. I called FEB 14 and was told that the order was stuck in processing and YOUR rep advised me to cancel and reorder the items. For my trouble, you issued a $4.57 discount added back to my gift card. I was told to wait 3-5 business days for the cancellation.

On FEB 24, I called again and was told the cancellation was stuck, so the rep canceled the order AGAIN. She said wait a couple more days.

On FEB 27 I made a third call and the cancellation was still not processed. The rep assured me that THIS time it would happen in 3 business days because he lifted something in the system. "It will definitely be done in 3 business days," he confidently claimed.

On MARCH 3, I made a fourth call and was told that it was still stuck, this time she was "escalating the matter to 'Fulfillment'", and NOW it will really happen, in 2 business days. She held me on the phone while she escalated, and said I would receive an email detailing that this was done. I never received the email. Apparently this call is not even in your logs.

On MARCH 10, I made the 5th call. This time a Supervisor ("Frankie") emphatically said she was escalating it AGAIN, this time straight to Corporate. She told me in no uncertain terms this would take care of it once and for all, and to wait another 3 days. I did not believe her, but she gave me an incident #170310-014809.

On MARCH 17, I made the SIXTH call. They of course had no idea why it wasn't done. The supervisor ("Courtney") said this time she was escalating the matter the correct way, and the other five people had not done it through the correct path. Apparently there are many paths, and only one of them actually works. I am laughing. She told me to give it 48 hours to take effect. Ref #: 170317-027454.

Now it is 5 days since that call, and of course nothing happened. I guess that path was not the correct one either, despite your person's adamant assurances. What kind of incompetent system are you running?

So it is now SIX WEEKS since my original order, and FIVE WEEKS since you told me to cancel that order. I have no product, and no refund. I can't file a claim with a credit card, since most of the order was paid by the gift card that I purchased myself. You have strung me along through 6 phone calls.

I am ANGRY. You did not send me a product, then failed to return the money after repeatedly telling me you would, so you are in essence holding hostage money that is NOT YOURS. I have been beyond patient, and now I am FURIOUS. Here is my advice: since you are not going to provide a normal cancellation through your infinite and equally ineffective channels, I am demanding that you place the remaining balance of my gift card ($47.68) back into that card. I know you can do this immediately, without waiting any more business days, because you put $4.57 on that card within minutes of my first call to you. I am so frustrated with this company that I will devote myself into every possible way to file a complaint, leave a review and let everyone I know how Walmart does business and that it has stolen funds. Please respond ASAP that this has been done.

This review was modified by JeannyPope on March 25 2017 05:45:01 AM

2017-03-20

Pay more to someone else, it will be worth it. Zero stars

"I was so angry with this experience I had to prepare myself before writing this review. I ordered a mattress for my daughter on March 9. By March 14 the tracking on walmart.com still said processing even though it still said it would arrive by the 17th. Angry and disgusted I canceled the order only to find out it may or may not be canceled. I was told by the online customer service that I would get cancellation confirmation within 48 hours. 48 hours came and went so I contacted customer service again only to be told the same thing, so I left the customer service chat even more angry. The next morning I had email notice saying that the mattress was shipped, and by shipped they meant a shipping label was created and sent to fedex. STILL the confirmation from walmart said the item would arrive by the 17th (THE ITEM WAS ONLY SHIPPED ON THE 17!!!) I finally received the item today March 20. In the two days that I figured it would have been canceled I searched for another cheap mattress around town, almost buying one, so i could have ended up with two. i will never EVER again order anything from walmart.com. Terrible business practices, they are so big they do not care. "

This review was modified by sarahpooo on March 20 2017 12:30:01 PM

2017-03-19

Working on being better!

"Wal-mart is new to the on line business. It is going to take a little bit to get things working smooth. You think Amazon was as good as they are now when they first started. NO WAY!!!!!! They shipped me the wrong book 3 times and would not refund my money for the book I ordered. i have had problems with Wal-mart but they always make it right. I agree I will never order from 3rd party, but I will not order 3rd party from anywhere!!!! I just make sure I only buy from Wal-mart. This goes for almost everything, but when you first start something there is a learning curve well lets give Wal-mart that time to get it right. They are the largest retailer in the world which proves they do get it right!!!! When I look on Amazon and I find the same item for 10.00 cheaper at Walmart I get it from there. If I need the product today I go to the store. Be smart they are. "

This review was modified by Kathy. on March 19 2017 04:15:02 PM

2017-03-17

Charged Twice without authorization for a Broken Item that We returned

"Purchased an appliance at walmart.com. When we received it, it was broken. We called Walmart for a replacement. They sent the replacement and instructed to send back the broken item.
Since they did not accept walmart.com returns at their physical stores, as instructed we printed the return shipping label and placed it to Walmart's career of choice well before the deadline (at least 10 days earlier). Thankfully we kept a tracking number. Walmart allegedly never received the item back from their carrier, and unbeknown to us, they charged our credit card again for the entire amount of the broken item. Ironically, customer care stated the item - which allegedly they state never received back - was broken. It has been almost ten days that we are trying to get our money back but are not receiving it. Not sure which authority to report this scam. We have records of all the steps in the transaction.

This review was modified by rinvio-65016 on March 17 2017 08:30:02 AM

2017-03-16

Entirely My Fault ... Slow Learner

"Other than the valid reviews commenting on Walmart's very annoying "Marketplace" offerings, Walmart is just generally a mess.

I've heard some loud moaning coming from the vicinity of Sam Walton's grave. Once AGAIN, ordered two products from Walmart (we will NOT use their ridiculous, unaccountable "Marketplace" advertisers) both products indicated as in inventory, 6 days ago. One product shipped and delivered fairly quickly. The other product was caught in the eternal state of "processing" followed with emails stating "We're sorry for the delay," only to be told the last, unshipped product from our order is no longer available.

This isn't the first time this has happened. With one order, out of 3 other similar incidents, the ordered was "delayed" for 13 days, only to have Walmart send a message that the product was no longer available. One issue like this we can understand and accept but, as of this most current order, 4 identical delivery issues?

First, every other vendor we deal with ONLY ships products which are available ... accept Walmart. Second, not only does Walmart have a poor, extremely pitiful inventory tracking system, but it takes that company numerous days to figure out that the product was never available in the first place!

In all honesty, all the "undelivered", unavailable product orders were under $100, however, that is not the issue. It's actually worse that the unavailable products are inexpensive items since we have to make a note with regular alerts ("alarm sound") on our calendar to remind us to follow-up on low cost orders.

So, with all the valid complaints, including many similar to ours here, I now have to make a note to remind myself to read this, and the other similar reviews, NOT to order from one of the most disorganized, poorly managed retailers, Walmart. These people evidently just don't get it, most likely thinking that all the bad ratings and comments are invalid, misunderstanding on behalf of consumers, not Walmart's fault, that Walmart C-Level CAN'T be wrong so therefore, again, it must be uneducated, uninformed consumers.

Conversely, apparently I'm just a slow learner when it comes to cosumerism. Regardless, that moaning coming from the vicinity of Sam Walton's grave is Sam posthumously wailing in agony over what inept management has done to his beloved, once exceptional customer centric business.

This review was modified by DRailroad on March 16 2017 09:45:02 PM

2017-03-14

2 days shipping my a$$

"6 DAYS!!!! 4 DAYS LATE!!!"

This review was modified by CUBAN0 on March 21 2017 08:52:38 AM

2017-03-13

BEWARE Shipping Scam!

"Hate Walmart.com beware, if you purchase items from Walmart.com (which are not all Walmart items) they also have "Marketplace" shopping you can purchase from which have separate shipping charges YES SEPARATE. I after ordering had to call Walmart and the Marketplace store individually to get my order cancelled to avoid shipping charges. Nightmare!!! Just BEWARE!"

This review was modified by Kshopqueen on March 21 2017 08:53:14 AM

2017-03-13

Not returnable

"I purchased a quilt from Walmart on line. Deciding it wasn't what I wanted, I returned it to a Walmart store, only to learn they wouldn't accept the return because it wasn't their product. Even though it was from their on line service, because the item was from another company, I had to call that company and pay $7.95 for shipping. You need to tell us when we can't take an item back to your store for a refund. I will stick with Amazon!"

This review was modified by 4carnation on March 21 2017 08:54:15 AM

Share Walmart's store rating

Walmart is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!