Stores > Walmart

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.77/10 1.77/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.44/10 1.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.07/10 2.07/10

Worst Store

"This one lady in the store asked me to change what I was wearing in the store. I have never talked to her before so I didn't want to say anything.

This lady then told me that she was asking me to wear what she was wearing because I made her dress the way she was dressed. She said that I made her feel bad about this and that I should empathize with her. She said I should feel how bad she feels since I make her wear clothes she doesn't want to wear. She said I should feel humiliated.

I don't really like being told that I should dress like her. And I don't appreciate someone telling me I should feel bad like they do.

I am resentful. Walmart needs to fix this because this is harassment.

This review was modified by Ms.Business on September 29 2016 05:17:24 PM

Credit card was charged twice when item was purchased from Walmart.ca

"When item was purchased from Walmart.ca I've got an e-mail that payment is pending. In a couple of days I've got another e-mail with official receipt.
While reviewing Visa statement I found 2 withdrawals for same amount.
Walmart customer service said based on their system money returned back to the Visa. But Visa customer service said it is not.
In order to get money back I have to ask Visa to open dispute cases and it will take 6-8 weeks to process.
So if you are buying anything online please make sure to check your credit card statement.
Regards, Lana

Easy ordering, just be careful ONLY to order from Retailer Walmart.com!!!!!!!!

"Easy to order and have delivered to home or store. Easy to return. The trick is NEVER to use any of the third party retailers. On the left side of the screen, make sure to select Retailer of Walmart.com!

Then you CAN return the items to a store.

Will not honor what we paid for!!!

"We bought a 12 pack of arrows from Walmart.com and they now will not honor what we paid for which is 12 arrows for 10 something. This is utter crap so we are looking to file a lawsuit as we should get what we and other hunters paid for!!! If it's priced wrong at the store they have to honor it also this is no different!! We have the screen shot of the ad and our receipt which says our order is a 12 pack of arrows and they tried to only give us 1 arrow or a refund because they won't honor 12 so going for court and court costs and lawyer fees allong with all 12 arrows. Let me know if anyone wants to join."

This review was modified by Karaholley on September 25 2016 11:21:43 AM

Horrible Return Process

"Be careful when ordering online. They use several third party retailers and even when you do make sure the item is sold through Walmart.com the store and online work completely different. Awful and long-winded process. "

**** PLZ

"They do not deserve a star at all. I ordered a colorful box and when it was ready for pick up, the box was not the one I wanted. They processed my order even though it was not the box color I wanted. Just buy the things you need in the store. It is a waste of money to pay for shipping. They don't care about the things you want they only want your money. "

Purchase through Walmart.com at your own risk!!

"August 29: Purchased a set of Dunlop tires through Walmart.com. Documented ETA, September 7. Walmart documents that they will contact via email when product arrives.

September 7: No email from Walmart. Visit store in the early evening, 19503 Normandie Ave, Torrance, CA 90501, to pick up order anyway. The order has not been shipped. The clerk cannot explain, says order cannot be tracked, refers to Walmart.com to investigate status. Request to speak with supervisor (Nicole). Nicole reiterates, says tire purchases cannot be tracked, but was shipped through FedEx and the problem could be on FedEx's end. They have no resource at store to explain status of order but she will look into it (she is sincere). In the meantime, investigate through Walmart.com. They cannot refer to the shipping warehouse or another party at shipping point to request status. After some conversation, store personnel (Nicole and clerk) say the item will arrive by September 12 ("drop dead" date). Requested email from Walmart regarding status.

September 8: Received 4 duplicate emails indicating order has been delayed. No new ETA within email.

September 10: Per chat customer service representative, the warehouse from which the items are to be shipped cannot be contacted, but the order has, in fact, been shipped. The Walmart.com website account now confirms the order was shipped.

September 12: No email notification from Walmart. Customer service rep at Walmart.com says that upon arrival order was refused and returned to shipping warehouse by Walmart at 19503 Normandie Ave, Torrance, CA 90501, and that payment is being returned. She also indicates that the tires were shipped from Walmart vendor American Tire and that they do, indeed, have the tires purchased in stock. She cannot explain why the tires were returned and a refund was in process. Request to speak with supervisor. Supervisor (Matt) cannot explain why the order was returned, suggests maybe defective. He cannot explain why Walmart did not provide status notification when order was returned, he cannot explain why payment is to be refunded when Walmart (via vendor) has purchased product in stock. He says it will take 5 to 7 days for funds to be credited to account from time return is processed by Walmart (vendor). Good news is the vendor received the returned product and is processing refund. Befuddled customer cannot understand why Walmart randomly chose to refund purchase rather than reship product that is in stock, and do so without notifying customer (much less asking if customer would prefer a reshipment or refund) and never explaining why the original (late) shipment was returned.

Contacted Nicole (supervisor) at 19503 Normandie Ave, Torrance, CA 90501. She has no idea why product was refused and returned but was apologetic (and empathetic) and will investigate. Offers to call by end of day with status.
September 13: As of morning, no contact from Nicole at 19503 Normandie Ave, Torrance, CA 90501. No status email from Walmart.com regarding return of funds or that a refund is being processed at all. There has been no email notification of any type from Walmart since September 8, despite requests for notifications of status. Wallmart.com account still shows item as "shipped", nothing more.

If ever there was a company more inept, bizarrely so, in my many decades I have yet to find one worse than these people. Walmart.com is an embarrassment to itself. As an institution they represent an insult to all consumers, a symbol of pure incompetence, engaging in business buffoonery with an arrogance that is incomprehensible. Don't even THINK about purchasing anything from this place, no matter how cheap it is. Don't walk, RUN, from Walmart.com!

This review was modified by kkaat2003 on September 13 2016 10:11:59 AM

Terrible Tire Service!

"I went to Walmart to have 4 tires put on my daughter's car. When I went to pick it up, the bill was much less than I expected. When I asked about the price, the lady looked at the bill and told me there were only 3 tires put on. A bolt on one of the tires was cross-threaded so I would need to take it to a mechanic to have it fixed. Fair enough. We live a short distance from the store, and my daughter drove the car home. She didn't drive it the rest of the weekend. When she and my son left for school on Monday, they called me in a panic. The car was making a horrible sound, and they didn't think they were going to make it to school. Later that day, my ex-husband drove the car to my mechanic. He said the tire, the one that Walmart didn't change, was being held on by one bolt. The rest were over-torqued and broken. I went back to Walmart after the car was properly fixed and showed them the broken bolts. One mechanic even said, "Wow, someone torqued the **** out of these!" then blamed it on my mechanic. They would not take responsibility for the loose tire, said I had no proof even though I had 2 of the 5 bolts in my hand. They asked for the other bolts, said there was nothing they could do, argued with me and didn't understand why I was upset with them since it was my mechanic that had to have done something wrong. My mechanic wouldn't have been involved if the tire had been bolted on properly!! The manager said she had viewed the video footage from that day and the mechanics NEVER touched the tire. (Funny, I asked for 4 tires. They should've touched it! And, how did they know about the cross-thread if they NEVER "touched it"???) Then, they said it was the fault of the previous person who put the tire on because they must have messed up the bolts. REALLY?? I'm so done with Walmart!!! I'm thankful my children are okay. This could've ended very badly! "

This review was modified by Diana28 on September 12 2016 07:02:09 PM

refund gone wrong

"I had order something that I didn't mean to buy and unfortunately was non-refundable. However, once I pleaded my case, I was told they would send me a virtual Visa card( this was because I needed that money asap due to personal reasons). I was told the email would be sent within a few hours. The lady I talked to was super nice and helpful. She understood my situation and I'm thankful she gave me back my refund. However, I waited 24 hours and still hadn't gotten the email. So I decided to call back. This new lady sounded lost and confused when I told her what my call was about. She was like, "well our records indicate that we sent it." I told her, "Seeing as I'm looking at my email at this moment, y'all didn't send anything but y'all managed to send me a survey asking me to rate my customer service experience. " At this point, the lady was giving me this vibe like, "What do you want me to do about it?" So I asked if they could resend the email. The lady was like yeah sure, ok. I was then told to get it within the next 24 hours. Time goes by, still hadn't received anything and I really need my money back at this point. So I call back again, however, this time I'm told they can't authorize virtual Visa cards. The can only give Walmart gift cards. I told them that that's not what I was told and I want to speak to the lady I spoke to in the very beginning. So I was put on hold. Again. Just to be told that she was on the phone and that she will call me back within the next hour or so. Fast forward 4 hours later. Still haven't gotten anything, so again I call back, only to be told that they don't refund with Visa cards, only Walmart cards. At this point, I'm mad, frustrated, tired, and I just want to cry. The lady tells me that I can purchase a Visa card in store with the Walmart card. I was told before that you can't do this but she assured me that you can. She told me that I should receive the email in 24-48 hours and I'm just hoping that it actually comes this time because I'm honestly so done. Overall, the people I talked to were nice and comforting(except that one lady) but there was so much confusion and Contradiction and I wasn't sure what was right and what was wrong. I'm not gonna lie, I cried because I was afraid I would never see that money again. Praying it actually works this time! "

This review was modified by tabithakerekes on September 10 2016 07:17:19 PM

"I have always hated shopping at Walmart because of their terrible employment practices, which stick US citizens for their employees government benefits because they are paid so little.

I ordered a bike online to be shipped to store for assembly and pickup. Order was made July 30th, the bike was shipped on August 3rd from a warehouse 2 HOURS AWAY. In store pickup was August 10th and that came and went. Several days and phone calls later, still no one could tell me where this apparently very large package had gone to. Not ONE store manager would get on the phone with me about ANYTHING. All I was able to talk to were low paid employees probably doing the jobs of three employees each. I know this because if ever I go there every single time an employee helps me they complain about their job and how overworked they are.

This is a corporate and management problem. This corporation has trimmed the fat so thoroughly that they cannot even keep track of their warehouse shipments. I will NEVER order anything from Walmart again.

And by the way, our Walmart, in Monticello, NY, was rated the most disgusting Walmart in THE COUNTRY a few years ago. They failed EIGHT health inspections in a row - and were still allowed to operate business!! If a mom and pop variety store failed even ONE inspection, they would have a sign slapped on their door in minutes!! Wake up, people, corporate does not care about us breathers!!!

Now, to go buy a bike from a small, local purveyor, even if it costs me 3X as much. Goodbye, Walmart.

This review was modified by Colpow on August 13 2016 10:35:13 AM

Walmart even slower than a Snails Pace!

"It's only been since 07/05 when I ordered a record,I went with the inshore pick up should have been there in two weeks so at day 15 I went to the store to pick it up. I talk to 3 different people who can't seem to find my order or what is happening with it,the Manager tells me since it's been so long they probably sent it back over and over again and that i would need to call Walmart.com..................
So I called Walmart.com and for some reason my order magically was in the same status it was when I placed the ordered,it had gotten stuck in there system and that they would email the the manager to cancel the order and re-instate the funds I used on a e-gift card I used from Walmarts Savings catcher App.

They offered me free expedited shipping after I re-order my record and that it should take around 48 hours for the Manager to email me that I could re-order my record.. So a week goes by and nothing no contact nothing from Walmart.com..
So I call back and sure enough the person see's whats going on threw there notes and expresses that the last person did it wrong and they had to do it again and that they would email the manager and it would be another 48 hours,So I asked if there was away they could just re-order the product and get it on the way. Ofcourse not they would have to charge me and then refund the deference back on to the e gift card I'm trying so hard to get ride of so I can never deal with this BS ever again! So I wait yet again and of course no call no email I am super PO'ed!
So I again call and talk to the poor person who answers the phone cause God help them I'm not happy! I just ask them to get there manager on the phone because apparently they can't help me...
They bring on a supervisor and she tells me the same thing except that they were supposed to email the internet support guys not there manager (Sure CYA I got ya!) so it's going to take up to five days and she offered the money back on the gift card and I said I just wanted the record what ever it takes to get the thing to my door? So we wait yet another week to call back and again not resolved no contact nothing...
I call today and the guy again see's all this in the notes and says he has to email someone and it's going to take up to 5 days for them to get this resolved so that I can reorder the stinking record.. I express my disgust as nicely as I possibly can because this guy has to already know from all the crappy bad orders they have to get that everyone he talks to must be just angry because of how bad it is,He even mentioned there were about a hundred other orders something similar was happening.. It's now August,11th 2016 my order started on the 07/05/2016 Ive ordered a fair amount of things from over sea's and it usually gets here in about two weeks,how come Walmart can't get me something in less than a month it's mind boggling to see the least and my head is hurting because of how bad it must be run behind the inner workings of Walmart.
I thought the redness and Ignorance at the store level was bad but come on Walmart really! I can't wait to see your stores die because the way you run them will inevitably shut your own selves down. you think you would learn from K-marts past. the fewer employee's you have the less the store will make cause you need employees to keep things on the shelves so people can even find the thing they are looking for and that when a customer asks for help they might actually receive it. stop incentivizing upper management to cut hours and jobs so they get a bigger bonus at the end of the year,cause it's making shopping there intolerable and I can say unless i absolutely have to to go there will i ever again.

Big TV Vanishes Into Thin Air While No One helps Consumer

"I ordered a large TV on July 22 and was promised it by July 29. I started calling Walmart that day and every day since. At first they knew nothing since Yellow Freight was used to ship to the store. Then they gave me the Yellow Pro# and told me to call them. Seemed wrong of them to insert me into the process but I called them anyway. After asking me if I wanted to pick up the TV from their docks, Yellow promised to "hot ticket" it for the next day two nights in a row. By Friday, a week later, no one knew where the TV was. They're giving me my money back now two and a half weeks later. My kids weren't looking forward to seeing the Olympics on that big TV; heck the Olympics will be back in four years. Thanks, that's it? No discount towards another TV, nothing? Not even a call back from those higher ups who were supposed to be checking into this situation. I'll never spend a dime at a Walmart again."

This review was modified by wwalker387 on August 09 2016 11:00:33 AM

WARNING! Do NOT buy from Walmart online!

"Do NOT buy anything from Walmart online for store pickup! I purchased an expensive TV online and paid for it using my bank debit card. The money was sequestered from my account immediately, and a few hours later I got emails and msgs saying my order was ready and to come pick it up. Walmart online claims that once you "check in" using their app, their helpful, friendly, and oh-so-efficient staff will prepare your order and have it waiting for you at the pick-up area...AHAHAHAHA!!!...When I got to the store, and finally chased down someone whose vague and uncomprehending demeanor indicated that Walmart was, indeed, doing their civic duty by hiring the mentally impaired, they then looked up my order number and found that they didn't have the TV after all,...so sorry. They then called a manager, who informed me that this happens ALL THE TIME, and that they do NOT put aside the merchandise EVEN AFTER IT HAS BEEN PAID FOR, and that their inventory list bears little to no relation to what Walmart Online claims that they have in stock (As the manager and I were standing there discussing this I got ANOTHER email telling me my TV was waiting for me and to come pick it up...oh joy) The manager then told me that not only did they not have it, but that I couldn't just go to another store and pick it up there, or even just wait a couple days until they got one in. He explained to me that once the customer shows up, (foolishly expecting to pick up the item they have PAID for), the store THEN checks their inventory and finds that they have just sold merchandise that they do not actually possess. This managerial graduate from Trump U then, after much solemn deliberation, hemming, hawing, checking, rechecking, twirling his tie, scuffing his shoes, and just generally wandering around aimlessly in a catatonic haze, informed this customer that they will be issued an automatic online refund, but unfortunately, said foolish customer will have to wait MORE THAN A WEEK before they remove the hold from his bank account.
In short, Walmart Online has apparently gotten into the profitable habit of selling merchandise they do not have and keeping the money till they feel like returning it. Where I come from we call that "fraud"..I don't know what fancy name Walmart has for it.
(p.s Don't bother using Walmarts online support. They just blow it off on the store, who blows it off on the management, who blows it off on the online site....see where this is going?)

The worst online experience EVER!!!

"This was our first online order from Walmart.com. The product was very substandard so we wanted to replaced/ refunded. We were told to deal with a third party vendor which I refused to do because I didn't buy it from third party. My family will NEVER buy anything from walmart.com again. I think amazon is the way to go."

This review was modified by mlrh2008 on August 05 2016 07:13:00 AM

Walmart is no Amazon!

"Ordered some Dumbbells from Walmart but one arrived damaged. I tried to return for a replacement on line but refuted and told I would need to contact customer service as item was too heavy even though I purchased it that way.

Next morning after 15 minutes on hold gave up and left number for a call back.
They did call back but after explaining the problem was told because I had used PayPal would need to return the item to the store, get a refund and then need to re-order. Seriously!

If I had ordered in Amazon would have been talking with a rep under a minute, would have had a prepaid shipping label for return and a replacement item ordered before I got off the phone.

Only reason I didn't use Amazon in the first place was the items were a few buck cheaper in Walmart but considering the hassle would have gladly paid the difference for the "Amazon" experience.

Will not use Walmart again.

This review was modified by Maserati1 on August 04 2016 07:13:52 AM

Share Walmart's store rating

Walmart is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!