• Walmart

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.27/10 2.27/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.14/10 1.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.76/10 1.76/10

"26 August 2015 Placed an order for a small car part that was to be shipped to a local store. Prior to completing the actual purchase, the web site showed that this item would available to pickup on 28 August. I completed the purchase on line.

An hour later I got an email from Walmart confirming my purchase and this email showed delivery on 28 August 2015. The next day i went to Walmart.com to check the delivery status and updates if any and it still shows delivery for 28 Aug 2015.

I click on the link for FedEx to track it and the part is still in Illinois and shows that it wont be delivered till 1 September. If I wanted to wait till 4 days later, I would have ordered locally from auto parts store.

After speaking to Walmart.com customer service, all they could tell me is Sorry, but Walmart does not know how long it will actually take to deliver until FedEx tells them after you make the purchase. Now mind you that Walmart's web site did not say "approximate delivery date" it says, you item will be available on 28 august for pick up.

This seems to me like a pretty firm delivery status from Walmart. Apparently Walmart has no idea what date they can actually fulfill an order by until FedEx or UPS tells them, but this is only after you make the purchase and wait a day for an updated states.

Walmart.com (prior to purchase), email from Walmart after purchase and Walmart.com next day all show order delivery on 28 Aug 2015. FedEx is NOT the problem here, the problem is Walmart gives bogus and false delivery dates without actually confirming this info prior to your on line purchase.

Lady at Walmart.com customer service said things like this dont happen very often, but since this was my first on line order with them, they have a 100% failure rate.

Walmart, this was my first and now last order from you. Poor service, wrong information, and no resolution offered from you = one horrible customer service experience and a consumer that will let everyone know about this.

"I ordered some merchandise from Walmart which was to be available for store pick-up on August 17th. Got to the store, the items are not there. I was told they were refunded but I never got a refund. They were supposedly refunded on August 6th; yet my e-mail states they would be available for pickup on 17th. I called customer service and spoke to a Leslie. She told me it is showing in he records that someone name Tone signed for the items, but she would call the store. After waiting, she returned to tell me that the items never arrived at that store. No one knows what happened to them and it will be refunded in the future. This is unacceptable. This is poor service. My order number is written below in the space provided.
If I am not receiving my merchandise after 1 month, then an immediate refund should be made to me or an offer to ship said items directly to me at no cost. I await your reply.

"Prices great, service was great. Matter a fact I was in a long line and a lady had just closed up was going home. She saw I had a few items and opened for me served me and went home. That was great cause I was in a long line."

"Walmart.com claims availability dates that have no relationship to what's available. I twice ordered Nutrisystem items for in store pick-up and they never became available. One claimed same-day pick-up and still is not there a week later. "

"This is my review of my first, and last, shopping experience at Walmart.com!!! I was trying to order a $1000.00 Toshiba laptop computer because mine had broken and I needed a new one as soon as possible. Initially the order was rejected by my credit card company because it was showing up as unusual activity on my card. I called my credit card company and verified with them that it was me trying to make the purchase, and that I had sufficient funds to do so...I reentered the card information while my banker was still on the phone with me and the order appeared to go through. The next morning I received an email from Walmart telling me my order had been cancelled. I immediately called the customer service number and spoke with a representative who told me that because I had not previously ordered from them that they could not place the order. I was then told that I could either place two smaller separate orders with them and that AFTER they had gone through I could try placing the computer order again or I could order "ship to store" and pay CASH for it when I picked it up. I asked her to call my credit card company to verify that I had the funds available on my card, and I was told that they couldn't do that...that the above options were my only choices. I told the representative that I needed the computer NOW, not after two orders I didn't need or want "went through", that I didn't WANT to place a "ship to store" order that would take an extra week longer to arrive, and that I didn't WANT to pay cash. Then I told her that their policy was ludicrous and that they had just lost my business!! Sorry Walmart...you just lost a $1000.00 order, my respect, and my patronage!! I placed the order the next day with another online company with no problems, free two day shipping, no tax, and and the laptop actually turned out to be cheaper!!! Ridiculous Walmart....very poor business practices!"

This review was modified by Sanantxs on August 16 2015 03:52:09 PM

"Never again. Purchased a canopy twice because you guys supposedly had it. Later it got automatically cancelled. Also your site says "xx" store has it which they don't. Went to two stores and they didn't have it. They try to compensate by giving me a 10$ card for WalMart which they were pathetic at it too because I was suppose to receive it by email within 4 hours. Ita now been 3 days and they cancel that too with out making another order. What a waste of time. NEVER AGAIN"

"I purchased a small Free Standing Pool Deck from Walmart.com and it was an absolute nightmare. The reason I am placing my review here is that Walmart would not post my review. HERE IS THE REVIEW THAT WALMART WOULD NOT POST: "This was my first experience with Walmart and it will be my last. My purchase was a pool deck. SHIPPING PROBLEM: First delivery of five boxes was missing the box with the railings, instructions and hardware as it was damaged by Fedex. Walmart could not replace one missing box and resent the entire deck. As it turned out, they had also sent the wrong ladder. The replacement shipment had no directions so we winged it. PRODUCT ASSEMBLY PROBLEMS: During assembly of the deck, the ladder called for 40 lbs of sand in the stair supports which actually only held 10lbs so ladder floated and fell apart while trying to get it into the water. All of the steps fell off. My husband had to screw the entire ladder together including the steps. We have to buy sand bags to put over the steps to hold it down. The outside stair was missing the handles and we had to pay a machinist to create new aluminum handles. RETURN OF FIRST ORDER PROBLEM: Walmart arranged the labels to return the package and told me to put the same label on all of the boxes. Fedex only picked up one box because I needed separate labels which delayed the return. It is now August 8th and I’m still waiting for Fedex to pick up the return. WALMART CUSTOMER SERVICE PROBLEM: I spoke to many, many CS Reps who were all very gracious, if not misinformed. However, on July 30th I spoke to Juliana L. of via chat. She offered a pittance as a credit and when I asked her to at least cover the cost of the machinist we had to hire to make the aluminum parts that were still missing or didn’t fit, she became nasty indicating in so many words that I had insulted her position in the company as a person who could offer a refund or credit. Evidently I had insulted her when I asked to speak to someone who might be able to arrange a better credit. REVIEWS: You cannot trust the reviews as they pick and choose the reviews they want. I believe that most of the positive reviews are probably made up. Walmart would not post my review and the other negative reviews on their site are pretty basic without much detail. BOTTOM LINE: Walmart has failed in their efforts to compete with the online big boys like Amazon. Their products are inferior, shipping is inferior and Juliana L. should not be a customer service rep. The previous CS reps were very nice and tried to do the best they could within Walmart's restrictions. MY ADVISE is to stay away from Walmart.com, because they have no control and very bad customer service. My husband took a week vacation so he could build the deck and enjoy a stay-cation, but instead the replacement shipment arrived after he went back to work. We missed the hottest days of the summer and had to cancel our annual family party. I ordered this on July 4th and here it is August 6th and I still can’t get rid of this nightmare. "

This review was modified by Fcabrini9 on August 06 2015 06:08:20 AM

"I have ordered on Walmart.com twice in the past two months and both times my credit card information was used in following days to place fraud orders on Walmart.com. And not only were orders placed fraudulently, the system did not flag these orders as suspicious, even though orders were placed for electronics (multiple orders for the same item), the pick ups were requested at multiple stores in states far away from my home! These were flagged by my bank and credit card, thankfully. They apparently have no safeguards in place. Order here at your own risk!"

"Walmart,com Order Not refunded
Had to Return Item to return Item to HealthCheck Systems, Inc, and they recived it . They told me that they sent a refund check to Walmart,com on April 23, 2015 for $71.96, Walmart has told me on 3 times that they would submit to have my walmart card refunded. it is now july 21, 2015 and still no refund. Heathcheck systems told me that walmat has to issue my refund on my carge plate
HELP

This review was modified by parido46 on July 22 2015 03:53:37 PM

"Sham on Walmart for supporting (gay?) marriage.Too bad some has trashed the word gay.
Nothing can be gay by changing what God has instituted.

"Terrible. I have already had poor experiences with Walmart.com, but this past order was the worst ever. They waited until the day the order was due to arrive at my house to let me know that they are canceling the order. And get this: the order was for diapers and 2 folding chairs. There's NO WAY they were out of stock for the diapers. I can give them the benefit of doubt on the chairs, but not the diapers. This is a matter of pure carelessness, terrible service, lazy business, etc. They just didn't get the order shipped in time and canceled to save their butts."

This review was modified by rachelmrosier on July 03 2015 07:50:10 AM

"Worst tracking system of any company. Placed order online yesterday. Today I went to check order status. The order tracking says no recent orders have been placed. I input my email and tracking number and it says they do not match, even though I received a confirmation email of the order yesterday."

"For some strange reason I can never use my debit card at wal mart. It is always rejected. But my son, using my rejected card, never has an issue. One day I was told that my card number didn't match the code on back of card. Even cashiers and manager was baffled. "

"Last two years ago . I bought an electronics DVD at Walmart I have paid a two year plan . In 3 mos . The DVD player was quit working . I called customer service and told me they are not responsible to replace it because it's under warranty and referred me to Phillips. I called Phillips and I have been told my products will be replaced and mailed it to me. Time went by I have not heard from Phillip and my plan was expired. I paid for plan and Walmart not even help me but refer to the manufactured .march 22nd I bough battery charger for iPhone I paid for two year plan . Walmart told me again to call the manufacturer and the product was made in UK. So customer service told me to contact the manufacturerand gave the website . I paid for the product and the plan but it useless . The product is piece if junk . I will never buy again especially electronic from Walmart . I'm very disappointed and not very happy for their service."

"I bought a ION Air Pro camera at the Walmart in Happy Valley, Oregon. Got an extended warranty too. That was in December of 2014. Now that it does not work and I needed warranty service the local store won't help. The website won't identify the product I bought and I go into a continuous loop when I try to verify my e-mail with them. After reading other reviews it's my opinion Walmart designed their system to discourage the customer from making a claim. I've just wasted almost $200 on this mess.

Go with "Go Pro". It's extra money but it's worth it. Their customer service is outstanding.

Share Walmart's store rating

Walmart is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!