Stores > Walgreens

Product & services pricing Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"Website keeps crashing and makes it hard to log on. It has become major pain.

Over the past 2 months, I've had at least a dozen times I've tried to log on to order prescriptions or print prescription renewals where the pharmacy website was down, often for up to a day or more.

Now, every time I try to log on, they make me verify my identity by emailing me a code I need to wait for & enter in addition to my login id & password. This is after making me change all my family's login IDs within the past month. What a hassle!

"I have been one of those people who has gone to the same store for 10 years now. Yes I have spent I am sure in the thousands of dollars in walgreens over this time period. I have dealt with buying their brands then them discontinuing them but yet I stay loyal and I pick something else. That's okay right?? but tonight I was treated so bad. I was treated like I was a lying piece of shit low life off the street. All I was trying to do was print a card and one picture for my daughter. I was going to surprise her with a card and balloons at school tomorrow. The little boy at the store ruined that for me (he wasn't over the age of 21) I printed a photo card and a photo to go in the card and because the "new" employee in the store said it is a really nice photo, he made the assumption the photo is copyrighted. He would not sell me the 29 cent photo that I have printed out numerous times. I took the photo with my own camera. The kid argued with me for 10 minutes and said its our policy we need a signed release. I told him repeatedly that I took the photo and he still wouldn't sale it. Another employee came over and said it looked fine, then called the manager who stared at the photo and offered me to sign a waiver but the employee told the manager NO that I cannot sign a waiver even though I told them I took the photo. I felt like I was on trial or something after explaining myself over and over. Who took the picture and where and what camera!! It was soooo ridiculous. By this point I was so angry that they treated me this way. I left the store. My feelings are hurt because, I have really grown to like this store. Ive shopped there for 10 flippen years. I work in customer service and I never make someone so upset they reach beyond their boiling point. I seriously wanted to cry when I left the store and I still do. I am hurt and I am never going to shop at walgreens again. Its not like I was treated badly by one staff member but I was treated like this by 3 employees all at once. I feel humiliated too!!! They treated like a lying person and the manager told me he would lose my business over a 29 cent photo. Obviously the people working tonight need to take a customer service class. They poorly represent walgreens. And the way they treated me tonight I will never purchase anything from Walgreens again. WALGREENS YOU LOST MY BUSINESS!! put your employees through better customer training programs. "

This review was modified by NOWALGREENSFORME on September 10 2015 10:57:13 PM

"I usually go to Walgreens to have photos printed and it's always so quick and easy! I have the app and always order pix through my phone and then go pick up in the store when it says they are ready.

This last time I went to the Walgreens on Western and 223rd in Torrance, CA and when I looked at the pix I ordered, I noticed some of them weren't cropped the way I had ordered them to be. But I asked the guy behind the counter (Josue!) if there was anything they could do, and sure enough, he was a whiz on his photo computer behind the counter and cropped them just right and reprinted the photos for me, free of charge!

I was very happy with that kind of service, that someone would take the few extra seconds to figure out how to get a customer what they wanted and actually deliver--without charging extra and with a cheerful attitude!!

Thank you, Josue!!! :)

This review was modified by Jessicafantomagic on September 08 2015 10:16:07 AM

"I bought a box of two Walgreen's brand digital pregnancy tests. Both died before I could get my results. The instructions in the box told me to call a number if they don't work. I did, they took my number and address and said they would mail out pregnancy tests in the next few days. A week later I call the number back and was on hold for 20 minutes before I gave up. I called Walgreen's and was told they had no idea who the company was that I called and because I did not call them they can not do anything about it. No one would help me. Now I'm out $15. "

This review was modified by Blahblahfu on August 17 2015 01:54:53 PM

"I've tried two different Walgreens pharmacies in Aurora, CO and both of them have horrible customer service. My cat has diabetes and I have been filling his insulin and needle prescriptions at Walgreens. The employees laugh at me when I spend $300 on a bottle of insulin for my cat. Twice now they have given me the wrong sized needles (too long) and even though I hadn't opened the box, they wouldn't return them. I will be taking my $300 elsewhere."

This review was modified by hotsun78 on July 29 2015 06:46:01 PM

"I will never get my photos done at Walgreens ever again!!!! The last two times I asked for my money back after looking at them in the store before I left...photos were headless, people cut out from the sides of the photo, colors were not what I had in my computer ...some photos were too dark, some too light... And they expected me to pay for these headless, horrible photos??? These photos were done at Walgreens on Rt. 9, Freehold, NJ. Better get a new machine or a person that knows what the heck they are doing...I will go to another place for photos that is for sure...CVS, Rite Aid..etc...The end...."

This review was modified by Anntoinette on July 12 2015 05:11:50 AM

"Two weeks ago I ordered 6 Photo Albums to be printed at the Walgreens store located at 3945 Dempster St, Skokie, IL 60076. When I read about the Photo Albums I thought about the prints I usually order at Walgreens (very good quality) set up in the form of an album. What I received were books with printed pages showing watered down, low quality, low definition pictures. I still wanted to make sure that I am seeing right the low quality of the pages of this books, so I ordered prints for the same pictures that were in the books. This time I could see that indeed, the photos in the Photo Albums are low quality, with bland colors and some vertical stripes across the pictures.
I went at the store and talked to the manager Nick. I showed him the difference between the regular 4x6 prints printed in the same store and the pictures printed on the albums pages. I told him that the quality is unacceptable and I want the albums to be reprinted at the quality of the 4x6 prints. He told me that if they reprint them the albums will have the photos at the same quality as the albums already printed. I insisted by telling him that there was no note of the low quality printing in the advertisement in the Walgreens website. If I knew that the albums will be of such low quality I wouldnt have ordered them. He told me he cannot help me. And that was the end of the discussion.
I personally can learn a lesson, even if it cost me $60, lesson that taught me to never order photo material from Walgreens again. I am worried about many other people that can fall victims of the missing warning about the low printing quality of the Photo Albums advertised in the Walgreens website. I have scanned some album photos together with the 4x6 prints made in the same store. The scanned images show that the difference between the quality of the 4x6 prints and the pictures in the albums is striking, but I cannot find a way to post them here.

This review was modified by sanatostun on June 27 2015 11:03:46 AM

"Don't order online. I ordered a particular brand of cosmetics online, 13 items. The next day Rite Aid had the same brand on sale. I contact Walgreen's to ask if they price match and was told no. I then asked if I could return the items once I received them to a local store for a refund and was told I wouldn't get a refund, I'd get a gift card. Then I was told I could return the items for free and get a refund if I used their return label and sent the items back to the warehouse. Out of the 13 items, I kept one that cost $2.99 and returned the rest. I get an email two weeks later saying a refund was issued except it was for much less than what I returned. I contact CS and asked what the heck was going on, I returned 12 items why didn't I get a full refund for 12? She stated the notes said refund was for 7 items and also said the item I kept was $3.99. I said that's wrong, don't you see the invoice says I bought 4 at $2.99 each? She puts me on hold and tells me she refunded the remaining 5 items, but still charged me $3.99 instead of $2.99. Later I contacted CS again to get the correct amount refunded for the item I kept and was told I had been refunded the full amount. I looked at my credit card statement online and it still wasn't the correct amount. Now I can see why so many stores are being closed. They're awful."

This review was modified by BettyB1967 on June 15 2015 04:36:39 AM

"The customer service I have received at a local Walgreens store#5730 was exceptional to say the least. The staff was very friendly and made the trip to walgreens worth the trip. One person in particular (Darrell ) was very helpful. In this age of automated systems it's nice to know that quality customer service still exist."

This review was modified by sheliaweathers on April 01 2015 08:42:51 PM

"I get my prescriptions from Walgreens mail order, so I use the site a lot. It seems like I could get it at the pharmacy easier, but just am in love with having things delivered to by door. They mess up a lot. Often I have to call the local Walgreens and arrange a 2 day supply, which is ridiculous since I should get the full script! I guess the online and regular stores don't share info so the local Walgreens can't fill the online order... No Stars!!"

"Horrible service at Walgreens store at 1497 Canton Mart Road in Jackson, Mississippi. Asked pharmacy to return phone call regarding a prescription but they never did. This has happened several times when pharmacy will not return phone calls. Also, extremely long waiting line to get prescription filled."

This review was modified by msplanner on January 27 2015 07:00:47 AM

"One would think that Walgreens would alter their service after sooo many complains about the pharmacy service = skill of the assistants, knowledge of the pharmacists, getting prescriptions filled correctly, having a prescription ready on time, time it takes to get a prescription filled. I could go on and on. Nearly every single time i went to pick up prescriptions at Walgreens, whether it was in Aventura FL or Mill Valley CA, there was a problem. With the fact the prescription was sent to the wrong pharmacy... in another town, to not having the prescription ready even though they called me to come in. A bus ride and walk was a waste of time. Having the credit card reader not be able to read my card, and rejecting it, having the manager be rude to me as if it was my fault. Master Card told me their machine has difficulties and the automated system does not know if someone is using a fake card. My Fault? Hardly. I have a $25,000 credit limit. The people behind the pharmacy counter often know less than i do about any number of things. I see others so frustrated they shout, they swear, and I feel the same way many time. Today, it was the last time i wanted to deal with the stupidity of the employees in the pharmacy department. Onward to CVS."

"If I can give 0 stars, I would. I ordered this item. 5 days later walgreens cancelled my order, saying it is a pricing mistake and would not honor the order. This is very poor customer service. Walgreens don't even support their own website. I will NEVER purchase anything from Walgreens anymore."

"New Walgreens in Grants, New Mexico is GREAT - courteous, knowledgeable staff; clean, well stocked, and easy to navigate; a welcome addition to our small town! I have not used Walgreens on line, and was surprised to read all of the negative reviews - good to know. "

This review was modified by MAIr3la-d on September 17 2014 11:16:32 AM

"Found this site because another merchant asked me to review them, and thought that while I was here, I'd put in a good word for my local Walgreens store at 7th St and McDowell in Phoenix. The employees are very nice, always helpful, and by shopping the sales and clearance shelves, I get really good deals. I noticed that Walgreens overall rating is really low, so I looked at the other reviews to see if I was missing something. First of all, most of the other reviews are either for their pharmacies or their website, which all seem to be connected in name only. Secondly, there are only 56 reviews from 2004 to now. Walgreens has stores all over the country, with at least 20 in Phoenix alone, so over the last 10 years, they've had billions or trillions of transactions. When so many reviews are bad, it makes you wonder, but 56 is like a spit in the ocean. Such a small sample makes the data strictly anecdotal, and statistically meaningless. "

Share Walgreens's store rating

Walgreens is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Walgreens is not a merchant member
Walgreens does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!