Stores > Walgreens

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-08-26

Horrible experience with online pharmacy at walgreens

"I would love to give (-)5 starts to them. Never had this kind of horrible experience with pharmacy's service, they made mistakes on my order, but never feel sorry for that, I have to call them again and again to try to find a way to solve it by myself, and they sounds so impatient and careless. what's a group of sick people, will NEVER NEVER NEVER go back to them again, save money, save time, save your life! "

This review was modified by faypart on August 26 2016 01:45:24 PM

2016-06-17

Refused to fill Epilepsy drug!

"My son has Epilepsy and went in to pick up his medication. He didn't have any refills, so was given an emergency supply and was told they would call his Dr to get a refill. He went back in to pick it up and was told the Dr declined the refill. He tried to reason with them saying he could have a seizure and die....the response, "you don't die from seizures and to go to the emergency room if he was worried." He was refused his medication. I spent the night up waiting to see if he was going to have a seizure in his sleep. The next morning I called his physician and she advised they would "NEVER" refuse this type of medication and never received any request for a refill. I called Walgreens with what I had found out and asked them to send it to the other Walgreens and would pick it up there, as I did not want to go back into the store with how mortified I was and how scared the previous evening had been for myself and my son. I went into the other Frisco store and advised who I was. I was confronted by the pharmacy technician who very arrogantly advised in a very loud voice," I TOLD THEM YOU COULD NOT PICK THIS UP for 2 HOURS BECAUSE WE ARE BUSY!!!" I immediately got a manager who then told her to get it filled now! She again pushed back and made a scene in the store....much to my surprise this woman walked right over the store manager and the pharmacist. I ran out of patience and made it clear they would be filling the medicaiton and that my son would meet me here to take it as to avoid more lost time that could put him at more risk. I have put in calls to both stores with no response. I called the corporate office...no concern and no callback. I am now a CVS customer and they filled all my prescriptions on a timely and friendly way............... and will never use Walgreens again. They just plain **** at customer service and corporate does not appear to care. Shame on them and thank the Lord my son did not have a seizure or it would have been a much different conversation. Do not use them.....they don't care and the box store ..........don't care ...................demeanor of their employees is beyond words wrong. It appears from the other reviews I am not alone....Walgreens does not worry however, they know enough will stay that they don't care."

This review was modified by walgreenssucks16 on June 17 2016 04:46:01 PM

2016-06-11

Horrible customer service at Walgreens #06862 : 632 Hoboken Road, Carlstadt, NJ 07072

"Totally unprofessional and arrogant approach with customer. I have faxed over the prescription from Doc's office, half hour past went to pick up the prescription. It was not ready by that time instead pharmacist claimed that they didn't receive the fax! Waiting time was another half hour, finally when get there to collect the medicine (Bromfed), CSR (Jemiah)mentioned that it is not covered by insurance, I asked him to call the doctor office to ask for generic brand which is covered by insurance, CSR (Jemiah) irresponsibly said that it might be too late to call doc's office, I insist him to call the doc's office as they have flexible hour and they are in the office, but CSR (Jemiah) ignored request and continued taking other customer for next half hour. I got the picture of substitute medicine(Wal-Tap Elixir) from my home, which I showed to Manager(Brittney) she said that is substitute to Diamtapp (wrong information provided). Finally I called the Doctor office to get the name of generic medicine, doctor prescribe Wal-Tap Elixir! For this whole situation it took more than one hour and I explained the situation to Britney, I asked who is responsible to call doctor office and help the patient, she was not taking the responsibility neither she was apologizing for her mistake and CSR (jemiah)'s mistake to ignore to call the doctor's office and help patient, instead she was so arrogant and disrespectful to customer. Britney and Jemiah did not take any responsibility of mistake and ignorance to patience health time and stress but they were rude. In my opinion, she is not fit or qualify for the job, she should not behave disrespectfully to customer. she doesn't even have proper knowledge about medicines, she is not fit for job, she must apologize or go from this location. Friends, please go to nearest CVS pharmacy (half block away) but do not go to this unprofessional branch is you expect to have best customer service and professional staff."

This review was modified by PoorExperience on June 11 2016 08:31:39 PM

2016-05-18

Monsieur WONDABA

" Thank you for the easy shopping on line . Brought a KARMAN wheelchair ergo flight .Very please . the price was right and the delivery to my home was a piece of cake. Will recommend to do the shopping on line no cuss no fuss , Happy Acustomer . GREAT Monsieur WONDAB "

2016-03-10

Horrid

"This local Walgreens is a mess. Disorganized, poorly trained staff and dirty. People hanging out by counter chatting with front end staff. Picking up medicine three days after request and being told “it was put back already”. Always having to wait. Frustrating, until I took my money elsewhere."

This review was modified by bloften on March 10 2016 07:43:30 AM

2016-03-04

False advertisement on refund policy

"There is no restrictions on Walgreen's policy that prohibits you from returning cigarettes ,un opened with original receipt , in 30.days , I'm dissatisfied with that , yesterday the 3rd of March I go into the store I bought the cigarettes from with my receipt bought on Feb5,2016 30 days is still March 5 ,2016 , and manager Denise from Walgreen's on Fredrickburg rd in San Antonio TX 78201 , said no she wouldn't because of her 17 yrs in the pharmacy business that she wouldn't , assuming I must be on drugs or something , do they realize if she thinks of all her customers like that , she should loose her job , I did make a complaint to Walgreen's , with no policy on there web or books , they should at least give me a Walgreen's gift card for the amount or my refund , I've worked in retail and on my receipt it has also a refund value , and if it wasn't returnable , it would say no return on item .. it's messed up "

2016-02-21

INCONVENIENT

"I went to Walgreens on 25th ave and grand in Franklin park. I needed some help from a pharmacist but they were all busy. One of the pharmacist was "helping" a customer who spoke no English what so ever, since nobody stepped up to help, I did. The pharmacist did not do anything to get some translation to the customer. I helped the lady and at the end I asked the pharmacist "does anyone speak Spanish here?" And she told me "no pharmacist in Walgreens speak Spanish. I've been here for ten years so yeah". As a Hispanic customer I have parents and family members who don't speak English. This is very inconvenient for many custoemrs. I'm sure Walgreens wants their customers to feel like they can approach the employees for help, not feel scared that they will be embarrassed for their language barrier. "

This review was modified by Jennifer1196 on February 21 2016 02:11:13 PM

2015-12-08

"2 problems encountered with Walgreens Online:

1. I ordered photo cards & envelopes to send for the holidays.
Order placed on Nov. 24th 2015, received December 8 2015.
The design came printed on photo paper rather than card-stock. There was "Kodak paper" logos all over the back, so it was impossible to use.

Walgreens refunded the money, but refused to replace the order and take care of expedited shipping to correct their mistake.

2. The online input system of ordering mixes up information.
I put in separate shipping and billing information. The website has you select a box if the billing address is different than the shipping address you first entered.

Once the gift order was placed, the items were shipped to the billing address. Walgreens customer support said nothing can be done to change the address minutes after the confirmation email was received.

This review was modified by S.Kuma on December 08 2015 10:18:27 PM

2015-10-28

"Website keeps crashing and makes it hard to log on. It has become major pain.

Over the past 2 months, I've had at least a dozen times I've tried to log on to order prescriptions or print prescription renewals where the pharmacy website was down, often for up to a day or more.

Now, every time I try to log on, they make me verify my identity by emailing me a code I need to wait for & enter in addition to my login id & password. This is after making me change all my family's login IDs within the past month. What a hassle!

2015-09-10

"I have been one of those people who has gone to the same store for 10 years now. Yes I have spent I am sure in the thousands of dollars in walgreens over this time period. I have dealt with buying their brands then them discontinuing them but yet I stay loyal and I pick something else. That's okay right?? but tonight I was treated so bad. I was treated like I was a lying piece of shit low life off the street. All I was trying to do was print a card and one picture for my daughter. I was going to surprise her with a card and balloons at school tomorrow. The little boy at the store ruined that for me (he wasn't over the age of 21) I printed a photo card and a photo to go in the card and because the "new" employee in the store said it is a really nice photo, he made the assumption the photo is copyrighted. He would not sell me the 29 cent photo that I have printed out numerous times. I took the photo with my own camera. The kid argued with me for 10 minutes and said its our policy we need a signed release. I told him repeatedly that I took the photo and he still wouldn't sale it. Another employee came over and said it looked fine, then called the manager who stared at the photo and offered me to sign a waiver but the employee told the manager NO that I cannot sign a waiver even though I told them I took the photo. I felt like I was on trial or something after explaining myself over and over. Who took the picture and where and what camera!! It was soooo ridiculous. By this point I was so angry that they treated me this way. I left the store. My feelings are hurt because, I have really grown to like this store. Ive shopped there for 10 flippen years. I work in customer service and I never make someone so upset they reach beyond their boiling point. I seriously wanted to cry when I left the store and I still do. I am hurt and I am never going to shop at walgreens again. Its not like I was treated badly by one staff member but I was treated like this by 3 employees all at once. I feel humiliated too!!! They treated like a lying person and the manager told me he would lose my business over a 29 cent photo. Obviously the people working tonight need to take a customer service class. They poorly represent walgreens. And the way they treated me tonight I will never purchase anything from Walgreens again. WALGREENS YOU LOST MY BUSINESS!! put your employees through better customer training programs. "

This review was modified by NOWALGREENSFORME on September 10 2015 10:57:13 PM

2015-09-08

"I usually go to Walgreens to have photos printed and it's always so quick and easy! I have the app and always order pix through my phone and then go pick up in the store when it says they are ready.

This last time I went to the Walgreens on Western and 223rd in Torrance, CA and when I looked at the pix I ordered, I noticed some of them weren't cropped the way I had ordered them to be. But I asked the guy behind the counter (Josue!) if there was anything they could do, and sure enough, he was a whiz on his photo computer behind the counter and cropped them just right and reprinted the photos for me, free of charge!

I was very happy with that kind of service, that someone would take the few extra seconds to figure out how to get a customer what they wanted and actually deliver--without charging extra and with a cheerful attitude!!

Thank you, Josue!!! :)

This review was modified by Jessicafantomagic on September 08 2015 10:16:07 AM

2015-08-17

"I bought a box of two Walgreen's brand digital pregnancy tests. Both died before I could get my results. The instructions in the box told me to call a number if they don't work. I did, they took my number and address and said they would mail out pregnancy tests in the next few days. A week later I call the number back and was on hold for 20 minutes before I gave up. I called Walgreen's and was told they had no idea who the company was that I called and because I did not call them they can not do anything about it. No one would help me. Now I'm out $15. "

This review was modified by Blahblahfu on August 17 2015 01:54:53 PM

2015-07-29

"I've tried two different Walgreens pharmacies in Aurora, CO and both of them have horrible customer service. My cat has diabetes and I have been filling his insulin and needle prescriptions at Walgreens. The employees laugh at me when I spend $300 on a bottle of insulin for my cat. Twice now they have given me the wrong sized needles (too long) and even though I hadn't opened the box, they wouldn't return them. I will be taking my $300 elsewhere."

This review was modified by hotsun78 on July 29 2015 06:46:01 PM

2015-07-12

"I will never get my photos done at Walgreens ever again!!!! The last two times I asked for my money back after looking at them in the store before I left...photos were headless, people cut out from the sides of the photo, colors were not what I had in my computer ...some photos were too dark, some too light... And they expected me to pay for these headless, horrible photos??? These photos were done at Walgreens on Rt. 9, Freehold, NJ. Better get a new machine or a person that knows what the heck they are doing...I will go to another place for photos that is for sure...CVS, Rite Aid..etc...The end...."

This review was modified by Anntoinette on July 12 2015 05:11:50 AM

2015-06-27

"Two weeks ago I ordered 6 Photo Albums to be printed at the Walgreens store located at 3945 Dempster St, Skokie, IL 60076. When I read about the Photo Albums I thought about the prints I usually order at Walgreens (very good quality) set up in the form of an album. What I received were books with printed pages showing watered down, low quality, low definition pictures. I still wanted to make sure that I am seeing right the low quality of the pages of this books, so I ordered prints for the same pictures that were in the books. This time I could see that indeed, the photos in the Photo Albums are low quality, with bland colors and some vertical stripes across the pictures.
I went at the store and talked to the manager Nick. I showed him the difference between the regular 4x6 prints printed in the same store and the pictures printed on the albums pages. I told him that the quality is unacceptable and I want the albums to be reprinted at the quality of the 4x6 prints. He told me that if they reprint them the albums will have the photos at the same quality as the albums already printed. I insisted by telling him that there was no note of the low quality printing in the advertisement in the Walgreens website. If I knew that the albums will be of such low quality I wouldnt have ordered them. He told me he cannot help me. And that was the end of the discussion.
I personally can learn a lesson, even if it cost me $60, lesson that taught me to never order photo material from Walgreens again. I am worried about many other people that can fall victims of the missing warning about the low printing quality of the Photo Albums advertised in the Walgreens website. I have scanned some album photos together with the 4x6 prints made in the same store. The scanned images show that the difference between the quality of the 4x6 prints and the pictures in the albums is striking, but I cannot find a way to post them here.

This review was modified by sanatostun on June 27 2015 11:03:46 AM

Share Walgreens's store rating

Walgreens is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Walgreens is not a merchant member
Walgreens does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!