Stores > VisionDirect.com (USA)

• VisionDirect.co

Product & services pricing Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

2016-04-08

Vision Direct's Price Matching is a hoax

"This company claims to price match any of their competitors with a 105% price match guarantee. However, they will always find a way to deny your claim. I read the small print regarding what they don't match and did not see anything that if you do a Google search for a product, they will not match that price. However, that is the excuse they used for me. I will NEVER buy from this website again."

2016-03-24

Discounts promoted but NEVER Available!

"I've used VisionDirect for over 8 years. I get frustrated with their promotional emails touting 20% discounts. They are NEVER valid. When you're spending over $300 on contacts, a discount is greatly appreciated. I called customer service when my promo code did not work and the rep said no discounts are available on either of the contact types I was ordering. My thought -- don't advertise your discount to me, if it's not valid. Lastly, the rep gave me a promo code for free overnight shipping. Great - I thought. I ordered on a Friday and my contacts arrived the next Wednesday...whatever."

This review was modified by MnMeck on March 24 2016 08:36:14 AM

2015-12-02

"I ordered contacts from Vision Direct on Black Friday. The discount was a Lil over $16. They contacted me, and I was informed that my order was canceled because my prescription was out of date via the eye dr. It's not out of date, and I never had problems ordering contacts elsewhere online. I order online because the nearest places that I can order are 30 miles away, and they have to order it themselves since my vision is so poor. My contact prescription doesn't run out for another 9 1/2 months. I seriously doubt they contacted my eye Dr. I think the discount was too much for them, or they didn't have my contacts in stock. Like I said, I've never had a problem elsewhere online, and they all have to contact my eye Dr. I've been ordering online for 3 years now, and have never had this problem before. Simply ridiculous!"

This review was modified by DeniseRae1981 on December 02 2015 11:44:25 AM

2015-11-13

"I'm not sure why this company has such a low rating. I've used them two times to get contact lenses. I order online and provide them my prescription. They always have the lowest prices and the contacts I received are good. I think it took like a week for me to get my contact lenses, not sure about overnight shipping or anything. I will definitely order from them again since they are so much cheaper than my local vision store (rather than pay $210, I'm paying $92, how ridiculous is that?)."

This review was modified by spiffmonkey1 on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-08-20

"I haven't used Vision direct for a few years and now I know why! On 18th June I placed an order for lenses and drops. 2 days later my account was debited. Since that date I haven't heard from them. Not a mail receipt that the order was received. Not a single answer to any of my dozen+ emails asking where the order was.
On the occasion that I spoke to customer service they said that they had answered all my mails (!!!!) and that the order had been dispatched over a month after ordering and paying for the items.
Now here we are at the end of the 2nd month and I still cannot get customer service to reply to my query as to where my order is. There seems to be no responsibility that Vision direct are selling CONTACT LENSES which enable people to see! Not a skirt or toy. They need to get their customer service act together before someone sues them.

This review was modified by Nicole6 on August 20 2015 07:01:19 AM

zeta's Avatar

Arizona, US
2015-07-24

"Order on 11/3/2014
Cashback sites work well with this site, and it has many coupons. Prices were competitive and I know they are a big company and I assume that they are reliable.

It takes them 4 business days to ship which is slow in my opinion.

2015-07-15

"I don't typically take the time to write reviews but I'm notoriously relying on them all the time.

I have been using VisionDirect to order my contacts for at least 5 years. I am able to get a great deal on my contacts (much much better than from the eye doctor) and the shipping is always free.

I have had to call VisionDirect at various times over the past few years about my order or with questions. My last ordering experience, which was just a few minutes ago, resulted in two calls. I called last night because I was getting an error - my call was answered in under a minute by a real person. She explained that the manufacturer was discontinuing boxes of 6 and only offering 12 and 24. She also offered me a promo code for free 1 day shipping. She was very friendly and helpful. I didn't end up placing my order last night because I realized my credit card info had expired and was too lazy to look it up.

So I just placed my order today. They have an easy uploader for your prescription or you can email it. In my experience, it gets processed very quickly either way - I have used both in the past. Today, I mistakenly uploaded my old prescription because I was in a hurry, so I called VisionDirect to get it resolved. Again, my call was answered by a person in under a minute. In speaking with him, I was looking for the correct Rx and I realized the file was saved on an old computer. The customer service rep quickly pulled up my order and was able to verify that they still had my Rx from my order last summer. It was so quick and easy, and good customer service saved me the time and hassle of seeing if I could locate a copy!

It struck me that my customer service experience with this company is very rare this day and age. I normally find myself waiting a long time on the phone to get rude/bad service and often not get my questions resolved. It was just so refreshing that I wanted to post this review! There are so many places to order contacts and when I used VisionDirect for the first time, having not heard of them before, I relied upon reviews. They truly deserve 5 stars for offering the lowest prices and excellent service!

Edit:
I spoke to soon and my praise was a bit premature. So much for the phone call clearing things up. Later that day I got an email that my Rx was wrong. I called and it sounded like departments do not communicate. Things seemed to be resolved after this call. The next day (Thurs) I got my shipping notification. Again, I was given a code for 1 day shipping. On Friday, it said estimated delivery of Sat. Still no sign of my contacts. Tracking hasn't been updated and now it has no estimated delivery. I would advise highly against ever paying for expedited shipping.... It's been 4 shipping days. :( no more 5 star rating. I'm going to call back tomorrow if I don't have them in hand.

This review was modified by sarahk24 on July 21 2015 10:06:17 AM

2015-06-01

"Customer Service lied to me on more than one occasion as to when I would receive my contact lenses. They were ordered for overnight shipping. Checked the order next day only to find they where back ordered. Called and was informed they would ship the next day. This happened twice and still did not receive. Just asked to speak with a supervisor who apologized for the customer service operators lying to me. Was informed that they are on back order and will not be available for a week. I canceled order."

azbbqmaster's Avatar

Phoenix, Arizona
2015-05-24

"Had ordered contact lenses, close to $600.00 for both types.

Seemed like they had the best deal. Was going to be travelling so left instruction and paid for overnight service. Ordered on a Monday. So no shipment Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Friday when I was leaving, I finally get an email that evening that my order has shipped. Great guys, but what happened to "overnight"?

Also for some reason they only shipped half of my order, but charged me for the whole thing. Emailed customer service but no response, so will have to call, as it's been 1 month I've been waiting.

2015-04-30

"Horrible customer service refused to accept responsibility for error. Run from this company condescending tone, rude . Do not use. Not worth the money you may save for the torture of their lack of service"

This review was modified by Swwoods on April 30 2015 05:15:58 PM

2015-04-03

"Have used online Providers before, however this experience was quite Poor! Chronologically: "First my original order was Cancelled and know you're reneging upon a valid Order! Have the Doctor validate that the Rx can be for PureVision regulars and process the Order IMMEDIATELY! I forwarded the revised and signed Rx from the Doctor. If you do not process this Order, I must report you to the BBB and several other Agencies who govern Internet Purchasing agreement violations. I did NOT Cancel this re-placed Order, YOU did, because you don't provide the services and trust that your company claims!! ---- Reported to BBB. Before you erroneously performed the below check, I had sent you a revised (to Purevision regular) RX, so you are lying when you try to justify why you're Cancelling the 2nd re-placed Order! I will send this to your BBB for action. I also intend to lodge Complaints on your web site and elsewhere regarding your poor Policy actions and service judgments, and disreputable behavior in this matter.""

This review was modified by RonnWoolley on April 03 2015 07:29:36 AM

2015-04-03

"I'm a long time contact lens wearer, but have never before used VisionDirect. I just ordered four (4) boxes of Air Optix Night & Day Aqua contact lenses on Sunday, March 29th from VisionDirect and uploaded my prescription right after ordering. Price (with discount code giving me 20% off) was far better than anywhere else online or in-store. Got an e-mail on Monday, March 30th that my contacts were shipped via 1st class USPS mail and I received them on Thursday, April 2nd. All four (4) boxes were the correct prescription (I wear the same in both eyes) and all were very fresh with all boxes having an expiration date of 10/2019. I just put a pair of the contacts in this morning and they feel great! Not sure why all the negative reviews, but I didn't deal with customer service since I didn't need to. Based on my experience, VisionDirect was fast, cheap, accurate & the contact lenses were very fresh! "

2015-04-02

"terrible customer service filled wrong prescription and then will not take them back because box is opened.
No interest in keeping customers

This review was modified by lawerncekenemorejr on April 02 2015 08:50:16 AM

2015-03-11

"This is the worst experience with online shopping I've ever had! I lost my purse and my contacts were in it, so I needed contacts quick since I was leaving for a trip on Thursday and would be driving for a extended amount of time and needed to see. It was Sunday so I went online and ordered contacts, I payed the $19.99 for overnight shipping and waited two days. They weren't there on Tuesday and my order said still processing. I called and they said that they would be there by Wednesday, Wednesday they said they were still processing. I am now on day 4 and I payed for overnight shipping!! I was not able to go on my trip because I wasn't able to see well enough to drive. If I had just gone to a different website I could have had time to get contacts but instead they wasted my time and ruined my trip. "

2015-02-16

"This company maybe one of the worst managed(customer service and everything else) companies I have ever dealt with. Surprised to read that they may be owned by Walgreens, which I consider a reputable company. Had an authorized return which I sent them over two weeks ago, called them today to check the status, as I had not heard a peep from them, was told that "it may take up to 30 days to scan a return". Dah, h e l l o, anybody home??? These people are idiots, scammers, low-life. Save your time and money, do not deal with Vision Direct. Their name should be changed to Vision Scam Direct!
JF

Share VisionDirect.com (USA)'s store rating

VisionDirect.com (USA) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

VisionDirect.com (USA) is not a merchant member
VisionDirect.com (USA) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!