• VisionDirect.co

Product & services pricing Rating 8.06/10 8.06/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.89/10 3.89/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"I haven't used Vision direct for a few years and now I know why! On 18th June I placed an order for lenses and drops. 2 days later my account was debited. Since that date I haven't heard from them. Not a mail receipt that the order was received. Not a single answer to any of my dozen+ emails asking where the order was.
On the occasion that I spoke to customer service they said that they had answered all my mails (!!!!) and that the order had been dispatched over a month after ordering and paying for the items.
Now here we are at the end of the 2nd month and I still cannot get customer service to reply to my query as to where my order is. There seems to be no responsibility that Vision direct are selling CONTACT LENSES which enable people to see! Not a skirt or toy. They need to get their customer service act together before someone sues them.

This review was modified by Nicole6 on August 20 2015 07:01:19 AM

zeta's Avatar

Arizona, US

"Order on 11/3/2014
Cashback sites work well with this site, and it has many coupons. Prices were competitive and I know they are a big company and I assume that they are reliable.

It takes them 4 business days to ship which is slow in my opinion.

"I don't typically take the time to write reviews but I'm notoriously relying on them all the time.

I have been using VisionDirect to order my contacts for at least 5 years. I am able to get a great deal on my contacts (much much better than from the eye doctor) and the shipping is always free.

I have had to call VisionDirect at various times over the past few years about my order or with questions. My last ordering experience, which was just a few minutes ago, resulted in two calls. I called last night because I was getting an error - my call was answered in under a minute by a real person. She explained that the manufacturer was discontinuing boxes of 6 and only offering 12 and 24. She also offered me a promo code for free 1 day shipping. She was very friendly and helpful. I didn't end up placing my order last night because I realized my credit card info had expired and was too lazy to look it up.

So I just placed my order today. They have an easy uploader for your prescription or you can email it. In my experience, it gets processed very quickly either way - I have used both in the past. Today, I mistakenly uploaded my old prescription because I was in a hurry, so I called VisionDirect to get it resolved. Again, my call was answered by a person in under a minute. In speaking with him, I was looking for the correct Rx and I realized the file was saved on an old computer. The customer service rep quickly pulled up my order and was able to verify that they still had my Rx from my order last summer. It was so quick and easy, and good customer service saved me the time and hassle of seeing if I could locate a copy!

It struck me that my customer service experience with this company is very rare this day and age. I normally find myself waiting a long time on the phone to get rude/bad service and often not get my questions resolved. It was just so refreshing that I wanted to post this review! There are so many places to order contacts and when I used VisionDirect for the first time, having not heard of them before, I relied upon reviews. They truly deserve 5 stars for offering the lowest prices and excellent service!

Edit:
I spoke to soon and my praise was a bit premature. So much for the phone call clearing things up. Later that day I got an email that my Rx was wrong. I called and it sounded like departments do not communicate. Things seemed to be resolved after this call. The next day (Thurs) I got my shipping notification. Again, I was given a code for 1 day shipping. On Friday, it said estimated delivery of Sat. Still no sign of my contacts. Tracking hasn't been updated and now it has no estimated delivery. I would advise highly against ever paying for expedited shipping.... It's been 4 shipping days. :( no more 5 star rating. I'm going to call back tomorrow if I don't have them in hand.

This review was modified by sarahk24 on July 21 2015 10:06:17 AM

"Customer Service lied to me on more than one occasion as to when I would receive my contact lenses. They were ordered for overnight shipping. Checked the order next day only to find they where back ordered. Called and was informed they would ship the next day. This happened twice and still did not receive. Just asked to speak with a supervisor who apologized for the customer service operators lying to me. Was informed that they are on back order and will not be available for a week. I canceled order."

azbbqmaster's Avatar

Phoenix, Arizona

"Had ordered contact lenses, close to $600.00 for both types.

Seemed like they had the best deal. Was going to be travelling so left instruction and paid for overnight service. Ordered on a Monday. So no shipment Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Friday when I was leaving, I finally get an email that evening that my order has shipped. Great guys, but what happened to "overnight"?

Also for some reason they only shipped half of my order, but charged me for the whole thing. Emailed customer service but no response, so will have to call, as it's been 1 month I've been waiting.

"Horrible customer service refused to accept responsibility for error. Run from this company condescending tone, rude . Do not use. Not worth the money you may save for the torture of their lack of service"

This review was modified by Swwoods on April 30 2015 05:15:58 PM

"Have used online Providers before, however this experience was quite Poor! Chronologically: "First my original order was Cancelled and know you're reneging upon a valid Order! Have the Doctor validate that the Rx can be for PureVision regulars and process the Order IMMEDIATELY! I forwarded the revised and signed Rx from the Doctor. If you do not process this Order, I must report you to the BBB and several other Agencies who govern Internet Purchasing agreement violations. I did NOT Cancel this re-placed Order, YOU did, because you don't provide the services and trust that your company claims!! ---- Reported to BBB. Before you erroneously performed the below check, I had sent you a revised (to Purevision regular) RX, so you are lying when you try to justify why you're Cancelling the 2nd re-placed Order! I will send this to your BBB for action. I also intend to lodge Complaints on your web site and elsewhere regarding your poor Policy actions and service judgments, and disreputable behavior in this matter.""

This review was modified by RonnWoolley on April 03 2015 07:29:36 AM

"I'm a long time contact lens wearer, but have never before used VisionDirect. I just ordered four (4) boxes of Air Optix Night & Day Aqua contact lenses on Sunday, March 29th from VisionDirect and uploaded my prescription right after ordering. Price (with discount code giving me 20% off) was far better than anywhere else online or in-store. Got an e-mail on Monday, March 30th that my contacts were shipped via 1st class USPS mail and I received them on Thursday, April 2nd. All four (4) boxes were the correct prescription (I wear the same in both eyes) and all were very fresh with all boxes having an expiration date of 10/2019. I just put a pair of the contacts in this morning and they feel great! Not sure why all the negative reviews, but I didn't deal with customer service since I didn't need to. Based on my experience, VisionDirect was fast, cheap, accurate & the contact lenses were very fresh! "

"terrible customer service filled wrong prescription and then will not take them back because box is opened.
No interest in keeping customers

This review was modified by lawerncekenemorejr on April 02 2015 08:50:16 AM

"This is the worst experience with online shopping I've ever had! I lost my purse and my contacts were in it, so I needed contacts quick since I was leaving for a trip on Thursday and would be driving for a extended amount of time and needed to see. It was Sunday so I went online and ordered contacts, I payed the $19.99 for overnight shipping and waited two days. They weren't there on Tuesday and my order said still processing. I called and they said that they would be there by Wednesday, Wednesday they said they were still processing. I am now on day 4 and I payed for overnight shipping!! I was not able to go on my trip because I wasn't able to see well enough to drive. If I had just gone to a different website I could have had time to get contacts but instead they wasted my time and ruined my trip. "

"This company maybe one of the worst managed(customer service and everything else) companies I have ever dealt with. Surprised to read that they may be owned by Walgreens, which I consider a reputable company. Had an authorized return which I sent them over two weeks ago, called them today to check the status, as I had not heard a peep from them, was told that "it may take up to 30 days to scan a return". Dah, h e l l o, anybody home??? These people are idiots, scammers, low-life. Save your time and money, do not deal with Vision Direct. Their name should be changed to Vision Scam Direct!
JF

"READ THE FINE PRINT! Price is great, delivery and customer service is awful. This seller unlikely stocks any products. Clearly they are used to this complaint because the extremely curt, bordering on rude, customer service agent I spoke to immediately quoted their shipping policies and where I might have spied them during the order process. I'm guessing that my contacts will arrive 2-3 weeks after i ordered them. Never again."

This review was modified by constantmotian on January 20 2015 12:51:14 PM

"Horrible service. If you intend on getting your order within 2-3 than this is the perfect site to use, but if you expect delivery within the time that they say you will get them in. Stay away from this site. They are slow and don't tell you what is going on with your contacts. I am so unsatisfied with company and I do not intend on ordering from them again. Horrible. "

"Amazing! Ordered from VisionDirect on 12/30/2014 and just received my order on 1/5/2015. Communication was perfect, and I received a tracking number right after they shipped. Ended up saving ~$135 by going through VisionDirect and will definitely be reordering!"

This review was modified by JT21 on January 05 2015 10:26:30 AM

"STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS!!!! I ordered my contacts on Dec. 22 & was promised overnight shipping, my prescription was verified Dec. 23. Today is Dec. 27 & my lens' have not shipped. I called Vision Direct to see what was going on & the woman said: "If you read on our site, some contact lens' take 1-3 business days to arrive in stock, weekends do not count & Christmas delayed your order. Christmas is one day & most businesses guarantee delivery but not these fools. I ordered something from Vision Direct, they took my money & wait for it..it was not in stock. This company sells you products that they themselves order & reship to you. STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS!!!!"

Share VisionDirect.com (USA)'s store rating

VisionDirect.com (USA) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

VisionDirect.com (USA) is not a merchant member
VisionDirect.com (USA) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!