Stores > VisionDirect.com (USA)

• VisionDirect.co

Product & services pricing Rating 6.75/10 6.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.89/10 3.89/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
2017-01-10

No problems

"Just recieved my first order with Vision direct. I was a little worried since a couple days in I hadnt seen a shipped email and decided to check reviews. Anyways, ordered on jan 1st, arrived the 9th, so a little long imo. Everything was in the box, correct thankfully. Thought I'd leave this review to reassure the next person in my position:)"

This review was modified by missadventure on January 10 2017 07:53:40 PM

2017-01-07

AWFUL!

"Placed an order with expedited delivery. Sent them a copy of the prescription. After hearing nothing for 4 days, contacted them to find out that the order was on backorder. I know things happen, but I NEVER received an email or a call even telling me that there was any issue with the order. When I called them, the customer service rep was a complete idiot and totally unapologetic about the fact they did not attempt to contact me to let me know anything was wrong. Also, was told they were "attempting" to get the order fullfilled, which was something else because they had the nerve to CHARGE me when the order had not even been placed yet. I will NEVER order from them again. I cancelled the bogus transaction. "

This review was modified by jmalik5 on January 07 2017 12:35:32 PM

2016-12-23

"Waited since Nov 28 ordered Talked on chat two times called in 3 times. Still, no product and again told to wait another week third time told this. The first time was also told they were on backorder, but they have no way of knowing from the Manufacturer. They have now agreed to give me a refund; we will see if it happens.Stay away from this company pay extra and go somewhere else."

2016-11-20

Setup An Auto-Reorder and Get Hit With Extra Shipping Fees

"I went to setup the automatic re-order every 3 months for a year and then I see that the only option is to PAY for shipping. When you order yourself online you can choose FREE SHIPPING. I would think if anything they would provide improved FREE shipping when you place an auto-renew since they have the benefit of committed orders for almost a year. This alone shows a serious lack of interest in customer serivce - "let's just see if we can get a few extra $'s." Really disappointed in the apparent short sightedness (no pun intended)."

This review was modified by SMKaufman on November 20 2016 09:00:08 AM

2016-11-03

Awesome service

"I order my daily contacts here often and have never had a problem with their service. I always receive my contacts within 3 days with free shipping which I think is great. They also always provide extra discounts as well."

This review was modified by Ameli99 on November 03 2016 11:17:56 AM

2016-11-01

Shady company

"After doing some research on some contacts that could potentially save me money I ended up ordering some contacts from VisionDirect for about 40% less than I get them at Costco. My budget is very tight so I decided to go for it.

I placed the order and provided them with my prescription, and by the way, they charge a Credit Card fee regardless of whether you use Paypal, Credit Card, or Debit card, and to not get in trouble with the credit card companies they classify it later on as a "Shipping and handling" fee, this should have been a queue for me to avoid them since credit card companies don't allow this in their contract, they can't charge a credit card fee on debit cards.The next day I received an email telling me that the brand was different than the brand that I currently wear but it was a valid replacement. They said that they would contact my doctor to verify that I could use them. I said great, if they won't work with my eyes they won't ship them to me or they'll contact me suggesting another brand.

Another day goes by and they ship them. Great no problems, I assumed. I get them in 3 days and I start wearing them as soon as I receive them. I do notice that I can see very well from far but poorly nearby. I freak out thinking that it was my eye because the previous night I had fallen off my skateboard and I caused a vein in my eye to bleed. I go to the doctor and he says it's fine but the contacts are not well made or not meant for me. The left eye had the worst vision so he gives me a contact for my left eye and the left eye feels normal and later in the day I notice that the right eye is really bothering me now.

I contact the company over the phone to ask them why my contacts are blurry. They tell me that the contacts are not for me. I have astigmatism and these contacts were not meant for that. I asked them why they sent them to me if they knew that they would not work for me. They said that they tried to fax my doctor but he didn't answer fast enough so they shipped them anyway and didn't call me to tell me that they didn't fit me. They then said that I could not return them because I had already opened them. Well duh, I assumed that you would not have sold me useless contacts or would have at least warned me.

So the guy starts yelling at me and I get angry and hang up and call again. The next agent apologized and gave me a shipping label and said I would get 100% of the money back and a $10 credit if I decided to try them again. It has been 10 days since I have shipped it and I have not received a refund yet. I am waiting for them to answer my ticket before contacting my credit card company.

It's not worth fighting them for nearly one month just to save $40-50. I have had a headache for weeks because I can't afford to go buy new contacts because they have not refunded me yet.

2016-10-21

Positive experience

"I was extremely on the fence about ordering from this company, but happy I did. I saved almost 70 percent on a year supply of lenses and they were promptly delivered. Ordered on Tuesday, here by Friday. Customer service handled a price match after the fact with the difference plus 5 percent. I was sent email updates and tracking information. I haven't worn the lenses yet but they arrived in undamaged packaging and an expiration date 3 years from now. I'm Assuming they were able to expedite quickly due to me uploading my prescription. I'm not one to write reviews, but felt their service exceeded my expectations. I'd happily use Vision Direct again! "

This review was modified by Pfitt on October 21 2016 02:57:49 PM

2016-10-11

Never Shipped

"Placed order 9/27. A week and a half later I've heard nothing so I call and told it's backordered. Site says backordered items ship within 3-7 business days. This was day 8 when I called. They tell me to give it another day. I wait another day and still nothing so I had to cancel my order and get from somewhere else. VisionDirect claimed Cooper Vision, the manufacturer, had a delay. I called Cooper Vision after the fact and was told there was no delay and VisionDirect should have called them for an update.

This company wasted my time and will waste yours too. Find somewhere else to buy your contacts.

This review was modified by vemnox on October 11 2016 06:20:20 AM

2016-09-12

Dont expect a refund

"Purchased 1 year worth of contacts using PayPal. After couple of months of using my lenses, it was obvious these lenses would not work. I asked for a refund for 2 unopened boxes. The only thing they could offer was a credit that because I used Pay Pal, at least so they said.
I find this not customer friendly. Vision Direct looked like a good deal, and it was until you needed some customer satisfaction

2016-08-25

Warning, run away from this awful place.

"What has happened to this company?? I received my orders before, but this year they have completely screwed up everything. Now my job and life is in jeoparty cause they keep lying to me.

Delivered the wrong order twice, shipped to the wrong address twice, lied about ability to deliver replacement orders 3 times. Each customer service agent gives different answers to the same order deliver questions. After 3 weeks I still did not get my order, and still have not received a refund. RUN LIKE THE DEVIL IS CHASING YOU.

2016-08-19

Worked Great for me

"I was leery to try my first online contact ordering with this company because of all of the negative reviews, but the price was by far the best so I decided to roll the dice. I had zero issues- I ordered online, and received my correct contacts in less than a week. I saved $40 from the other stores I looked at, so I think it was an overall great experience. "

This review was modified by dane248 on August 19 2016 08:02:46 AM

2016-06-17

3 days still processing

"Take too long to do things. Only a good price for first time customers. ContactLensKing.com is the way to go."

This review was modified by ThatGuyThisGuy on June 17 2016 10:28:36 AM

2016-06-10

HORRIBLE Customer Service!!!!

"Run! Fast! Find a different contact lens company! These people not only shipped to the wrong address but then the customer service agent was useless and could not have cared less. Absolutely Zero Customer Care. Would not recommend this company."

This review was modified by stillwaiting2 on June 10 2016 09:29:28 PM

2016-04-08

Vision Direct's Price Matching is a hoax

"This company claims to price match any of their competitors with a 105% price match guarantee. However, they will always find a way to deny your claim. I read the small print regarding what they don't match and did not see anything that if you do a Google search for a product, they will not match that price. However, that is the excuse they used for me. I will NEVER buy from this website again."

2016-03-24

Discounts promoted but NEVER Available!

"I've used VisionDirect for over 8 years. I get frustrated with their promotional emails touting 20% discounts. They are NEVER valid. When you're spending over $300 on contacts, a discount is greatly appreciated. I called customer service when my promo code did not work and the rep said no discounts are available on either of the contact types I was ordering. My thought -- don't advertise your discount to me, if it's not valid. Lastly, the rep gave me a promo code for free overnight shipping. Great - I thought. I ordered on a Friday and my contacts arrived the next Wednesday...whatever."

This review was modified by MnMeck on March 24 2016 08:36:14 AM

Share VisionDirect.com (USA)'s store rating

VisionDirect.com (USA) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

VisionDirect.com (USA) is not a merchant member
VisionDirect.com (USA) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!