VisionDirect.c Coupons
Write a review »
  • Rating 4.50/10 93 reviews

VisionDirect.com is not a merchant member
    VisionDirect.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • VisionDirect.com contact information

"Horrible customer service! I was told my contacts would arrive in 1-3 days. I'm still waiting on them and they say it's not going to arrive for at least another 5 days. When I called to complain they said there is nothing they can do."

modified review This review was modified by dommom on September 06 2013 07:02:12 AM

"Its been like 15 days and nothing. WOW and customer service sucks they say that they cant do anything until you wait 30 day. Stupid. Not ordering my lenses again from here.
I dont recommend this site if you are ordering outside the us

modified review This review was modified by youup99 on July 15 2013 02:25:40 PM

"Just received my first order from VisionDirect.com and everything went smoothly. With the 25% off for new customers, they were cheaper then everyone else, even Costco.

I didn't experience any problems with sending the prescription via email and after ordering them on a Friday, they arrived about 8 days later.

Not sure why a previous poster felt like 5 star reviews came from the company because I an just a customer who decided to give VisionDirect a try, got nervous after I found this website and the reviews but was pleasantly surprised!!

If they can take care of their repeat customers and offer similar savings then I will order again from them next year!!

modified review This review was modified by Monty0899 on July 02 2013 10:29:25 PM

"Honestly- all the reviews here are either 1 star, or 5 stars. We all know who the 5 star reviews come from- the company themselves.
-Every single 5 star review talks about how cheap the contact lenses are and specifically fixates on the savings. No one cares if the contact lenses are $1 cheaper than 1-800-contacts if it takes 3 months to get them!
-Every single 5 star review is manufactured or polished to the point of having no errors, etc. Real people don't write like machines.
-Every single 5-star review is done with a fictitious, suspicious sounding username/screenname.

I've ordered from visiondirect.com before, and I can tell you this right now: Absolutely lousy. It takes 4-5 days for them to verify your prescription, even if you immediately upload it or leave your doctors information at the time of purchase. They'll probably lose it (like they did mine) and ask you to send it again.
-Once it's actually verified, it further takes another 4-5 days for them to ship it to you. Once you receive it, odds are that something about the order is inccorrect (as it was with mine- I ordered 2 boxes of contacts, received 1 box of each one time, and another time just totally wrong contacts)
If you made it past this point, congratulations. It probably only took you 6 phone calls to customer service, countless emails, and 3 counts of pulling your hair our.

modified review This review was modified by nhnoob on June 24 2013 04:42:23 PM

"Placed an order for prescription glasses on 6th April. Still have not received my order even though the website stated the frames were in stock. Many, many emails later I am totally disgusted with their service and have no idea when I will receive my order. Promises of weekly updates via email never happen. Order status on tracking remained the same for first 6 weeks until I started complaining. Order status now says that my lenses are being processed, this has been the status for over 2 weeks now. Their website says 2-5 days. Absolutely hopeless service and goodness knows what my actual order will be like when I ever receive it!! Buyer beware! False claims all over their website!"

modified review This review was modified by Meltags on June 18 2013 04:04:54 PM

"Appalling. do not use this site. Beware :they also seem to weight review sites with fake positive reviews.

They lied about shipping times. I waited a month then asked to cancel when notified of yet another delay on the item. Strangely even though my item was out of stock they managed to ship my order after I had cancelled it (how convenient now it makes it even harder to get a refund) and continuously tried to stall and delay my cancelling of the order.

Appalling.

modified review This review was modified by ripped0ffcust0mer on May 22 2013 05:55:40 AM

"I ordered five boxes of Acuvue contacts from Vision Direct. The first one I opened was mishapen (It had been folded over and creased for too long). Therefore I couldn't wear it. I checked all the other contacts through the clear plastic where they are held, and could tell of one other contact with that problem. So two contacts total were ruined before they were even worn, and they are supposed to last two weeks each.
Then the customer service was bad--you have to call Johnson and Johnson and then get some information from them and then call Vision Direct's 800 number. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Next time I will go through a company with a better return policy!
Also, the contacts seem to be not very good quality. I have bought the same types of contacts from Lens.com and 1-800-Contacts, and in those cases the contacts were fresh feeling and comfortable. Vision Direct's dry quickly and seem old.

modified review This review was modified by SierraAA on May 13 2013 12:09:04 PM

"Good Prices, but BEWARE if they mess up. They didn't send my rebate form with my order and customer service was unable to give me an 11 digit code over the phone so I could get my rebate done while I had all my supporting documentation available."

"I decided to give VisionDirect.com a chance despite some of their more poor reviews. They were after-all the lowest priced with their 25% first-time customer discount and free shipping.

I placed an order for a 24pk of Acuvue Oasys and a bottle of Biotrue solution. The everyday price for the contacts at VisionDirect.com was $102.99 compared to everyday price of $135.96 at 1-800 Contacts. I saved an additional 25% on an already good price of $102.99 and ended up with final total of $85.98 for the contacts and solution.

My order was placed on 04/03/2013 and shipped the same day. I received the order via UPS this morning, 04/08/2013. Everything was as expected, within expiration (2017) and new in package. The product was well packaged.

I had no interaction with the customer service at VisionDirect.com nor did I have any experience with their return process. I cannot speak to those items but I can say that the experience that I had with VisionDirect.com was very good.

I will continue to purchase from them. Their prices are among the most competitive and they appear to offer the best value in terms of coupons for both new and existing customers. My experience was nothing less than exceptional. Your personal mileage may vary.

"Pretty good site. I've ordered from them a couple times in the last few years. Got a really good deal with the last order with 25% off coupon for "new customers". UPS says they ship out of NJ so west coast will take awhile. But overall, they are pretty good."

"It seems like a lot of the reviews here are pretty opinionated and I think it's time to set the record straight. I have ordered with Vision Direct for a few years, and any time I've run into an issue, they have been quick, innovative and helpful in resolving them. The only negative reviews I've seen seem to be from people who either didn't bother to review the plentiful information they provide for the various issues that can arise when ordering medical devices such as contacts, or from people who seem to have an inflated sense of self entitlement. I have and will continue to use this excellent (and well priced) company!"

"I'm writing this review on 2/21/2013, and have been wearing the contacts I ordered from Vision Direct for 24 hours at this point. I specifically came back here to ResellerRatings to leave a review, because I had used this site before placing my order, and I had decided at that time that once I received my delivery, I would leave a review myself - for good or ill.

I'm pleased to say that my experience with Vision Direct was quite satisfactory - good enough that I just ordered two pair of reading glasses yesterday (which have apparently just shipped).

My Proclear contacts cost half as much through VD than they would have through any other retailer I found online. And were 60% cheaper than my optometrist's price. I received an additional discount because it was my first order.

For me, this has been a very positive experience. I don't doubt that other customers have had issues - but I think that far too often, we (customers) only seek to have our voice heard when we're frustrated or feel we've been cheated somehow. I think it's just as important to call attention to the times when we receive good service as well. I definitely feel as if I've received very good service from Vision Direct, and I will be using them for my future contact lens needs.

"Placed order on Feb 10th and rceived it Feb 15th using free shipping. I got a great price on my contacts too, cheaper than several other websites i checked. After i placed the order i announced the incredible price i had found to my husband who said, "sounds too good to be true." At that point i checked vision directs rviews and got a little worried. I dont normally write reviews but i have to add my five star rating since there is a great discrepancy. Great price, fast service. Will be a return customer"

"This has to be the worst place I have ever done online business with. 2 orders and they screwed them up 5 times altogether. They have no right running a business. They cannot think on their own and provide zero service in a responsive effort. If it isn't a canned e-mail or statement you will get zero from them. I have 7 people that wear corrective lenses in my family. They have lost all seven and everyone I meet that wears corrective lenses will know how terrible they are!!!"

"Under any circumstances DO NOT order from this company. They shipped out the wrong order to me TWICE in a row. I was left without contact lenses for my vacation. Also, their customer service is horrible. They offered no solution. They would not even let me open one of the wrong contact lens boxes they shipped to me so that at least it wouldn't ruin my entire vacation. They also charged my credit card twice and have not refunded me for the first order that was cancelled. Absolutely terrible company!!! "