Stores > VisionDirect.com (USA)
  • VisionDirect.co

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review VisionDirect.com (USA) by clicking a star below.
2017-06-13

Shipped right away - Decent contacts and good experience.

"Contrary to everyone else, they shipped my order right away. I bought the acuvue moist and they are very close to what I get from 1-800-contacts. The contacts are made in Ireland, not the U.S. They do not seem to last as long as the U.S ones, but they are daily wears and I sleep in them routinely. I normally get 3 days out of the U.S ones and 2 days out of the vision direct ones, but well worth it and will buy again"

2017-04-06

Awful!

"Twice, they made a mistake about my order. So twice, I shipped it back.
They don't want to give my money back; Each time, the customer service gives me a different answer.

I received an email yesterday that says:
"Vision Direct, a Walgreens company, will be shutting down May 19, 2017. Thank you for being a valued customer. We invite you to shop Walgreens.com for your future vision needs and much more going forward. "
So of course, they will never pay us back.
I will never order on this website again! And I never went through such an horrible customer service in the past. Not helpful at all. Every time, they told me the supervisor would call me back. Never did!

2017-03-23

100% DEFECTED LENSES AND NO REFUND, HORRIBLE COSTUMER SERVICE

"I ordered 4 boxes of lenses. Opened 6 lenses from 3 boxes, and none of the lenses has any power! Each one is just a piece of blurring plastic. Called customer service, they emailed me a return label and told me that they would issue me credit. I sent email to customer care specialist asking for full refund. I got response from someone named Marissa. Marissa nicely told me that they would take care of me after they exam the returned items. I returned my entire order back 3 weeks ago, did not hear from them. I called today and talked to Ms. Judy. She said I would have to call manufacturer for the open boxes. I called the number she gave me, after long waiting, I was told this was a wrong number. I called back Vision direct, it was Judy again. I asked to speak with Marissa. First she said that Marissa was not allowed to speak with anyone. I insisted to speak with Marissa, after waiting for a while, she said Marissa no long worked there. Then Ms. Judy gave me another number to call manufacturer. I called many times, the machine kept answer "We are having problem take your call, please call back later".
I believe that VISION DIRECT.COM does not sell product from real manufacturer. The manufacturer numbers they provided are not the real manufacturer's phone numbers. I would like to get suggestion to reach out legal department or consumer protection agency to prevent this happen again.

2017-03-15

Great Until Return Refund Held Up For No Reason

"Satisfied with the price and processing of the initial order but not the return:

I returned the item and it showed received 5 weeks ago. I finally called and inquired as to my refund payment hasn't been processed. Customer service was polite and looked at it then refunded immediately. I asked what was holding up return until now. They indicated they couldn't see any issues. A call should not be required to initiate the refund back to my credit card. Hopefully this is not the standard for refunds but it could be a cashflow issue.

2017-02-15

Customer service doesn't exist, never got the order, unable to get my money back

"When placing the order I’ve entered my new address, for some strange reason they mailed it at the oldest address. I emailed them and called them to get the issue resolved but it turns you don't have customer support since the phone keeps on ringing and no-one picks up.
One thing is to have technical hiccup another just taking someone’s money and not delivering the product and ignoring requests for remediation. BTW merchandise was returned to them by carrier, so now they have my money and the product. Nice business model.

2017-01-18

Worst Experience Ever!

"I ordered a refill of an existing prescription. When I didn't hear from Vision Direct in a few days, I sent them an email over the weekend. They state they have customer service available seven days a week, but I didn't get a response. The following Monday, I called. I told the Customer Service rep that I had to have the contacts before the weekend as I was leaving town and would gladly pay the $19 to overnight them. I heard nothing again so I called on Wednesday. This rep told me that I would definitely get my lenses before the weekend. I didn't get them so now I am traveling for a month with no contacts! Never use them again!"

2017-01-10

No problems

"Just recieved my first order with Vision direct. I was a little worried since a couple days in I hadnt seen a shipped email and decided to check reviews. Anyways, ordered on jan 1st, arrived the 9th, so a little long imo. Everything was in the box, correct thankfully. Thought I'd leave this review to reassure the next person in my position:)"

2017-01-07

AWFUL!

"Placed an order with expedited delivery. Sent them a copy of the prescription. After hearing nothing for 4 days, contacted them to find out that the order was on backorder. I know things happen, but I NEVER received an email or a call even telling me that there was any issue with the order. When I called them, the customer service rep was a complete idiot and totally unapologetic about the fact they did not attempt to contact me to let me know anything was wrong. Also, was told they were "attempting" to get the order fullfilled, which was something else because they had the nerve to CHARGE me when the order had not even been placed yet. I will NEVER order from them again. I cancelled the bogus transaction. "

2016-12-23

"Waited since Nov 28 ordered Talked on chat two times called in 3 times. Still, no product and again told to wait another week third time told this. The first time was also told they were on backorder, but they have no way of knowing from the Manufacturer. They have now agreed to give me a refund; we will see if it happens.Stay away from this company pay extra and go somewhere else."

2016-11-20

Setup An Auto-Reorder and Get Hit With Extra Shipping Fees

"I went to setup the automatic re-order every 3 months for a year and then I see that the only option is to PAY for shipping. When you order yourself online you can choose FREE SHIPPING. I would think if anything they would provide improved FREE shipping when you place an auto-renew since they have the benefit of committed orders for almost a year. This alone shows a serious lack of interest in customer serivce - "let's just see if we can get a few extra $'s." Really disappointed in the apparent short sightedness (no pun intended)."

2016-11-03

Awesome service

"I order my daily contacts here often and have never had a problem with their service. I always receive my contacts within 3 days with free shipping which I think is great. They also always provide extra discounts as well."

2016-11-01

Shady company

"After doing some research on some contacts that could potentially save me money I ended up ordering some contacts from VisionDirect for about 40% less than I get them at Costco. My budget is very tight so I decided to go for it.

I placed the order and provided them with my prescription, and by the way, they charge a Credit Card fee regardless of whether you use Paypal, Credit Card, or Debit card, and to not get in trouble with the credit card companies they classify it later on as a "Shipping and handling" fee, this should have been a queue for me to avoid them since credit card companies don't allow this in their contract, they can't charge a credit card fee on debit cards.The next day I received an email telling me that the brand was different than the brand that I currently wear but it was a valid replacement. They said that they would contact my doctor to verify that I could use them. I said great, if they won't work with my eyes they won't ship them to me or they'll contact me suggesting another brand.

Another day goes by and they ship them. Great no problems, I assumed. I get them in 3 days and I start wearing them as soon as I receive them. I do notice that I can see very well from far but poorly nearby. I freak out thinking that it was my eye because the previous night I had fallen off my skateboard and I caused a vein in my eye to bleed. I go to the doctor and he says it's fine but the contacts are not well made or not meant for me. The left eye had the worst vision so he gives me a contact for my left eye and the left eye feels normal and later in the day I notice that the right eye is really bothering me now.

I contact the company over the phone to ask them why my contacts are blurry. They tell me that the contacts are not for me. I have astigmatism and these contacts were not meant for that. I asked them why they sent them to me if they knew that they would not work for me. They said that they tried to fax my doctor but he didn't answer fast enough so they shipped them anyway and didn't call me to tell me that they didn't fit me. They then said that I could not return them because I had already opened them. Well duh, I assumed that you would not have sold me useless contacts or would have at least warned me.

So the guy starts yelling at me and I get angry and hang up and call again. The next agent apologized and gave me a shipping label and said I would get 100% of the money back and a $10 credit if I decided to try them again. It has been 10 days since I have shipped it and I have not received a refund yet. I am waiting for them to answer my ticket before contacting my credit card company.

It's not worth fighting them for nearly one month just to save $40-50. I have had a headache for weeks because I can't afford to go buy new contacts because they have not refunded me yet.

2016-10-21

Positive experience

"I was extremely on the fence about ordering from this company, but happy I did. I saved almost 70 percent on a year supply of lenses and they were promptly delivered. Ordered on Tuesday, here by Friday. Customer service handled a price match after the fact with the difference plus 5 percent. I was sent email updates and tracking information. I haven't worn the lenses yet but they arrived in undamaged packaging and an expiration date 3 years from now. I'm Assuming they were able to expedite quickly due to me uploading my prescription. I'm not one to write reviews, but felt their service exceeded my expectations. I'd happily use Vision Direct again! "

2016-10-11

Never Shipped

"Placed order 9/27. A week and a half later I've heard nothing so I call and told it's backordered. Site says backordered items ship within 3-7 business days. This was day 8 when I called. They tell me to give it another day. I wait another day and still nothing so I had to cancel my order and get from somewhere else. VisionDirect claimed Cooper Vision, the manufacturer, had a delay. I called Cooper Vision after the fact and was told there was no delay and VisionDirect should have called them for an update.

This company wasted my time and will waste yours too. Find somewhere else to buy your contacts.

2016-09-12

Dont expect a refund

"Purchased 1 year worth of contacts using PayPal. After couple of months of using my lenses, it was obvious these lenses would not work. I asked for a refund for 2 unopened boxes. The only thing they could offer was a credit that because I used Pay Pal, at least so they said.
I find this not customer friendly. Vision Direct looked like a good deal, and it was until you needed some customer satisfaction

Share VisionDirect.com (USA)'s store rating

VisionDirect.com (USA) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

VisionDirect.com (USA) is not a merchant member
VisionDirect.com (USA) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!