VisionDirect.cCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

""Slow processing, and very unhelpful customer service" (do we still keep it customer "service"?)

Because I ended up sending in my RX a day before the expiration date, I sent an additional email to notify them that they need to process it as soon as possible. They responded on the same day and told me that my RX was forwarded to the lab for verification. OK, It went in time.

But then, on the following day, they sent me an email that "your prescription is expired and you need to obtain a new one"! What? Helllooww? You said you forwarded it to the lab yesterday when my RX was still valid.

And when I called their customer service, a lady only kept telling me "obtain a new RX."

Wow, that's only you can do? Forget it. I would never order anything from you.

modified review This review was modified by mayseamaple on October 17 2014 10:12:55 AM

"Horrible customer service! I was told my contacts would arrive in 1-3 days. I'm still waiting on them and they say it's not going to arrive for at least another 5 days. When I called to complain they said there is nothing they can do."

modified review This review was modified by dommom on September 06 2013 07:02:12 AM

"I ordered contacts , I received them timely and got an excellent price, this did include a rebate from Alcon. I did receive the rebate (which took about 3 months)."

modified review This review was modified by heyjb on September 05 2013 10:57:44 AM

"I do not know why people are complaining about this site! Everything went smoothly and perfectly. I got a huge discount and free shipping! I use biofinity contacts which on 1800-contacts cost about 49.99 per box but here I got it for much cheaper ($34.99). What would normally be about $200 cost me about $92! I got my order in less than a week and there were no problems at all. I think it helps to upload or email your prescription too. Overall I am very satisfied with VisionDirect and I would definitely order from them again."

modified review This review was modified by pattycakees on August 19 2013 09:04:28 PM

"I have been dealing with VisionDirect for about 10 years. I have never had a problem. I just did a new order last week and everything came quickly. The problem was my contacts came in with the wrong perscription... a -2.50 instead of a +2.50. It was partially my fault as I didn't check the order receipt and partially their fault for not checking the prescription. I called customer service and they could not have been more helpful or friendly. They shipped out the correct ones 1 business day and sent me a label to send back the wrong ones. No charge. I am very happy with them and will continue to use them in the future. "

modified review This review was modified by Longporteve on August 09 2013 02:33:13 PM

"Its been like 15 days and nothing. WOW and customer service sucks they say that they cant do anything until you wait 30 day. Stupid. Not ordering my lenses again from here.
I dont recommend this site if you are ordering outside the us

modified review This review was modified by youup99 on July 15 2013 02:25:40 PM

"The would-be attempted first order was a fail! The website advertises 25% off promotional codes, but when you place the order, only the $23 volume discount is applied, and check out will not allow the 25% off promotional code. The initial webpage that lured me in calculated 8 boxes of Acuvue Oasys as follows: $207.92 - $69.23 discount = $138.69 ($17.34/box) which was appealing. But, I was fooled. When you proceed to place the order, total costs for 8 boxes came out to $207.92 + FREE shipping + -$23.00 discount + $1.99 processing fee + tax... So, what happened to the 25% off discount?"

"Just received my first order from VisionDirect.com and everything went smoothly. With the 25% off for new customers, they were cheaper then everyone else, even Costco.

I didn't experience any problems with sending the prescription via email and after ordering them on a Friday, they arrived about 8 days later.

Not sure why a previous poster felt like 5 star reviews came from the company because I an just a customer who decided to give VisionDirect a try, got nervous after I found this website and the reviews but was pleasantly surprised!!

If they can take care of their repeat customers and offer similar savings then I will order again from them next year!!

modified review This review was modified by Monty0899 on July 02 2013 10:29:25 PM

"Two weeks. Still no response for this order. I will not be using again. I should have come here first and not trusted them or their web site. My "in stock" product is not in stock. Customer Service is not helpful. Web site lies.No productive communication. Useless company of thieves and charlatans! DO NOT USE THEM!"

modified review This review was modified by Tex1 on July 01 2013 11:20:14 PM

"Honestly- all the reviews here are either 1 star, or 5 stars. We all know who the 5 star reviews come from- the company themselves.
-Every single 5 star review talks about how cheap the contact lenses are and specifically fixates on the savings. No one cares if the contact lenses are $1 cheaper than 1-800-contacts if it takes 3 months to get them!
-Every single 5 star review is manufactured or polished to the point of having no errors, etc. Real people don't write like machines.
-Every single 5-star review is done with a fictitious, suspicious sounding username/screenname.

I've ordered from visiondirect.com before, and I can tell you this right now: Absolutely lousy. It takes 4-5 days for them to verify your prescription, even if you immediately upload it or leave your doctors information at the time of purchase. They'll probably lose it (like they did mine) and ask you to send it again.
-Once it's actually verified, it further takes another 4-5 days for them to ship it to you. Once you receive it, odds are that something about the order is inccorrect (as it was with mine- I ordered 2 boxes of contacts, received 1 box of each one time, and another time just totally wrong contacts)
If you made it past this point, congratulations. It probably only took you 6 phone calls to customer service, countless emails, and 3 counts of pulling your hair our.

modified review This review was modified by nhnoob on June 24 2013 04:42:23 PM

"Placed an order for prescription glasses on 6th April. Still have not received my order even though the website stated the frames were in stock. Many, many emails later I am totally disgusted with their service and have no idea when I will receive my order. Promises of weekly updates via email never happen. Order status on tracking remained the same for first 6 weeks until I started complaining. Order status now says that my lenses are being processed, this has been the status for over 2 weeks now. Their website says 2-5 days. Absolutely hopeless service and goodness knows what my actual order will be like when I ever receive it!! Buyer beware! False claims all over their website!"

modified review This review was modified by Meltags on June 18 2013 04:04:54 PM

"Appalling. do not use this site. Beware :they also seem to weight review sites with fake positive reviews.

They lied about shipping times. I waited a month then asked to cancel when notified of yet another delay on the item. Strangely even though my item was out of stock they managed to ship my order after I had cancelled it (how convenient now it makes it even harder to get a refund) and continuously tried to stall and delay my cancelling of the order.

Appalling.

modified review This review was modified by ripped0ffcust0mer on May 22 2013 05:55:40 AM

"I ordered five boxes of Acuvue contacts from Vision Direct. The first one I opened was mishapen (It had been folded over and creased for too long). Therefore I couldn't wear it. I checked all the other contacts through the clear plastic where they are held, and could tell of one other contact with that problem. So two contacts total were ruined before they were even worn, and they are supposed to last two weeks each.
Then the customer service was bad--you have to call Johnson and Johnson and then get some information from them and then call Vision Direct's 800 number. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Next time I will go through a company with a better return policy!
Also, the contacts seem to be not very good quality. I have bought the same types of contacts from Lens.com and 1-800-Contacts, and in those cases the contacts were fresh feeling and comfortable. Vision Direct's dry quickly and seem old.

modified review This review was modified by SierraAA on May 13 2013 12:09:04 PM

"Good Prices, but BEWARE if they mess up. They didn't send my rebate form with my order and customer service was unable to give me an 11 digit code over the phone so I could get my rebate done while I had all my supporting documentation available."

"I decided to give VisionDirect.com a chance despite some of their more poor reviews. They were after-all the lowest priced with their 25% first-time customer discount and free shipping.

I placed an order for a 24pk of Acuvue Oasys and a bottle of Biotrue solution. The everyday price for the contacts at VisionDirect.com was $102.99 compared to everyday price of $135.96 at 1-800 Contacts. I saved an additional 25% on an already good price of $102.99 and ended up with final total of $85.98 for the contacts and solution.

My order was placed on 04/03/2013 and shipped the same day. I received the order via UPS this morning, 04/08/2013. Everything was as expected, within expiration (2017) and new in package. The product was well packaged.

I had no interaction with the customer service at VisionDirect.com nor did I have any experience with their return process. I cannot speak to those items but I can say that the experience that I had with VisionDirect.com was very good.

I will continue to purchase from them. Their prices are among the most competitive and they appear to offer the best value in terms of coupons for both new and existing customers. My experience was nothing less than exceptional. Your personal mileage may vary.

VisionDirect.com (USA) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

VisionDirect.com (USA) is not a merchant member
VisionDirect.com (USA) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!