Viking Bags Reviews - vikingbags.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 5.00/10 18 reviews

Viking Bags is not a merchant member
Viking Bags does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Bought a pair of leather bags for my Vulcan 900. Bags were generally OK but the bolts supplied were garbage. The left bag just dropped off as I'm going down the road. Inspection showed the the two M8 bolts just SNAPPED OFF at the fender bracket. They were installed and tightened by hand with pretty modest torque. I had to drill out and re-tap both holes on that side of the frame to remount the scratched up bag. Of course I went out and bought real metal bolts this time...

Emailed "customer service" the day it happened - no response. Sent follow up email a week later - no response. Third time - same thing. They keep sending me spam about more products I can buy but nobody seems to care about what happened with the product they sent me. The price seems good but stay away from these clowns - not worth it.

modified review This review was modified by DrCrusty on December 02 2013 01:11:07 PM

"I had been in the market for saddle bags for my softail for a while and I didn't want to pay the ridiculous prices HD charges for theirs. I looked around, signed up for a few HD forums and asked around to see what other people were buying. I got a mixed batch of reviews for different companies but the one company that was mentioned most often was VikingBags. That being said, I looked for reviews, including this site, and made my own decision. I LOVED IT! The bags came on time and they looked just like they did on the website. I placed my order over the phone just to be sure that I was getting what I needed. I don't understand how people can say the installation instructions were hard to understand. I am no Tim "the toolman" Taylor but they're very straight forward and easy to understand. You have to be a neanderthal not to be able to understand the instructions. But I digress, the customer service guy I talked to was nkowledgable and patient with me given that I had a lot of questions. I the only thing that slightly bothered me was the fact that they charged me for shipping on such a large order, when most companies offer free shipping if you buy more than $100 or so. I did ,in fact, use their Halloween sale coupon they had and that saved me 10% off the top, which pretty much paid for the shipping if you think about it. . That is it, the bags installed properly and the mounting hardware was sufficient. I haven't had to call them back for anything but I would buy again, you can catch me on the forums as AZRider."

modified review This review was modified by AZRider on November 08 2013 08:21:30 AM
Rating 6/103/5

"Review for Viking Saddle Bags for Suzuki C50 Boulevard

The saddle bags are excellent and top notch but the instructions and hardware are of poor quality.

The first issue is the instrucitons which are vague. The bolts were not only too short for my bike but one of them was cross-threaded as if the bolt was cast and the mold was off-center resulting in a reject. Doesn't really matter anyways as they are too short anyways and I'm off to the hardware store to get bolts that will fit. I thought this may be a isolated messup but after reading other reviews it seems to be a Viking quality control issue that has affected others. The brackets are nice and the bags are excellent but plan a trip to the hardware store when the bags come in. All in all, the bags themselves are absolutely wonderful.

I didn't deal with the company directly as I don't have the time and it's faster for me to go to the hardware store and get the hardware that I need so I can't rate the customer service which I'm sure is just fine.

modified review This review was modified by Andrew501 on October 07 2013 11:49:29 AM

"Buyer beware!

Purchased motorcycle saddle bags from this company. What was represented as a hassle free complete turnkey package turned out to be quite a frustration.

Here is what they promised: “Get the perfect match that suits your bike and fits like glove." “Each bag comes with Free Mounting Hardware. Yes now you don’t have to worry about getting bags from one place and going through the difficulty of finding the compatible mounting hardware for those bags. Most of the companies charge extra for those kit but we provide complete solution to our customers."

What they delivered: Poor fit for motorcycle. I selected the bags for my specific model of motorcycle and even chatted with customer service reps to make absolute sure that what I was ordering would work for my motorcycle. When they arrived, the fit was terrible and it is still not mounted because to get the bags in the proper position on the bike, the holes have to be drilled close to a sharp drop-off edge. The looks of the bags are ok, and the materials look ok, but the fit is poor to say the least. Some of the metal pieces also looked old and tainted or worn even thought it was supposed to be brand new. The hardware they sent to mount bags was also not correct. When emailing them about this they showed no interest in resolving the issue and disregarded that there was a problem.

Summary: Big promises. No delivery.

Hope someone is saved a headache from reading this and that you will not make the same mistake I did :-)

"I purchased the bags after talking to Bobby on July 4th they came on Tuesday and I will be installing them tomorrow. The bags look as pictured on their web site and appear to be high quality. I will give another review after the installation. Bobby did explain that the bolts that come with the quick disconnect package would not fit with my quick disconnect sissy bar and luggage rack. He further explained that the bolts would be ey to find at any Lowes or Home Cheapo."

modified review This review was modified by Mike-Kirwin on July 12 2013 04:27:33 PM

"I bought a set of these bags for my motorcycle. When inspecting the bags I noticed one of the welds on the inside of one of the bags was broken (inner support so the bag will keep it's shape). When I contacted Viking Bags all I got was the run around with them repeatedly asking for more photos of the broken bag. Know it has been 8 days since I received the bags and am no where closer to getting this issue resolved. After dealing with this company I would NEVER suggest to anyone of buying a product from them!!! Heck even trying to reach them on the phone is next to impossible. Take my advice, stay clear of this company."

modified review This review was modified by minndave13 on May 31 2013 04:36:49 PM

"I purchased the Spoon Viking Saddlebags for my Harley because they looked great on their website, they are of a large capacity and at a fair price.
Well, if you want a large bag that is cheaply built and has poor customer service…then this is your bag!
First, the bags they sent did not match the photos or video on their website. They picture bags and show a video that feature Velcro closures on the lid of the bag...in reality, they came with extra plastic clips that were as cheap as you can find and totally mess up the looks of the bag. Next, one of the "Spoons" came loose from the screw. I contacted Viking about this, sent photographs of what happened and it took forever get a replacement spoon. Next, the bags come with a locking mechanism that works pretty well, but you only get 1 key for each bag and the bags are not a matched set…so there is only ONE key for each bag and you cannot get an extra key or a blank to make an extra key. I never heard of getting only 1 key with anything...so if you lose the key and you are screwed. You will have a bag that is locked and you cannot get in it, or a bag that can never be locked again!
To make these bags “look” more like they should, I removed the cheap clips, added the Velcro like you were supposed to have done in the first place and had to cover the holes where the rivets were with Harley emblems. This costs me about an extra $125.00. Bottom line is…never again. These bags and the Viking Company are not worth the trouble. Spend a little more and get a better bag. I have photos and emails to back this. If you are interested, email me; mpousson2@yahoo.com.

"WARNING - SCAM - LIARS - FRAUD!!!
Viking Bags offered to give me a set of bags at no charge in exchange for a good review. Now I know why they are bribing people to get a good review. The bags didn't fit, they told me to drill some additional holes to make them fit - NO thanks, why can't you just send me bags that actually fit my bike? I refused to drill holes in the bags and asked them to just pick up the bags. Now they are threatening to charge my credit card over $350.00!!! Absolutely FRAUDULENT!!! BUYER BEWARE!! By the way Viking Bags actually had an ad on Craigslist offering free bags in exchange for reviews!!! That should have been my first warning!

"Viking Bags are now putting there logo on all there bags. About 1 1/2 inch round in the center of the bag. They refused to pay return shipping, even though none of the pictures on the internet shows the logo (Clearly false advertising) so I decided to keep them. Also, I did not compare the bolts they sent with the ones that came on the 2006 Honda 750 Aero. That was a mistake that cost me $250 in labor at the Honda shop. The original bolts are 10mm x 1.25 thread. The ones they sent are 10mm x 1.5 thread. not only were they the wrong threads but they were too short as well. I totally butchered the installation. Everything from the fender up had to come off so as to tap the holes the bolts go through. The bags are well made and proffessional, however, a mistake like this is unacceptable. Total cost for installed bags was $450."

"I had a very good experience... "

"The saddlebags arrived promptly and in perfect condition. I had one small problem when a bolt head sheared (it was defective) but it was easy to find a replacement at the local hardware store. I took my time and the installation went smoothly. Tip: Be sure to actually open the bag as you hold it in place to make sure you have proper clearance! The bags look great on my ride and the mounting hardware does the job perfectly. My partner is looking at the bags on her bike and will likely replace them with a set of Viking fairly soon. "

"Great working with you. Fast delivery and great product. THank you. "

Rating 8/104/5

"Great service..Product delivered quickly."

"Very happy with my bags they are great"

Rating 4/102/5

"Still waiting for delivery of the saddle bags. I thought they would have been here by now. I ordered multiple items from different stores days after I placed an order with your company and have received all of them already, dissapointed in your shipping methods. Maybe you should try USPS. Cheaper and faster than UPS>"