Product & services pricing Rating 6.75/10 6.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.75/10 4.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10

"Placed my order for hard bags and mounting hardware on July 31/14. By August 28/14 I contacted Viking Bags regarding my order and was informed that there had been a back order issue but my order would be shipped within 24hrs. Sept 09/14, Contacted Viking bags again re: my order. Was informed that they would be shipped within 24 hours. Almost 6 weeks Not acceptable! Cancelled order."

"The products arrived as advertised in a prompt fashion. When installing the luggage, a plastic buckle snapped on the backrest strap. I emailed Viking and was asked for photos. When I emailed photos to Viking, I received a reply indicating that they had no replacements in stock. I was asked to inquire again in a month. I will be doing just that. It is unfortunate that the company does not have sufficient stock to cover warranty issues. "

"Good quality, prompt ship, had to modify kit by buying longer bolts for mount to struts due to thickness of bags (non-Viking bags)"

"The saddlebags I purchased were a Father's day gift for my husband. He loves them! They arrived quickly and were packaged well. They fit the bike like a glove and were easily mounted by two people.

A note to anyone buying hard sided saddlebags...order the quick release mounts at the same time. You won't regret it.

We will definitely be patronizing Viking Bags in the future!

"they didn't send all the hardware needed to mount, but did rectify the situation quickly."

"The products seem to be okay, but the return is another issue altogether. We received our saddlebags and took them somewhere to have them put on. Unfortunately, they were not a good fit. We contacted them to return them. Supposedly a return label was on the way almost a week ago, along with a refund. Haven't seen either. Robert (not very pleasant) assisted us with the return and was pretty intent on exchanging for something that still would not fit. Based on the return issues, I wouldn't recommend them despite having what appears to be a pretty decent product line. I sure hope I don't have to get the BBB or Attorney General's office involved to resolve our issues.

Update: 3 days later I am asked for the order number (57074-140726) after finally getting a basic email reply with an RMA label dated 8/27 which is incidentally a day after the 30day period. Hmmm... No instructions on what to do with said label. Does FedEx pick up? Do I drop off? Still thinking this is to avoid a refund. I have no way to reply to VikingBagsOfficial other than to edit this response and I will not be publicly posting contact information.

update on 9/10: After returning from vacation, I found that Viking Bags wasted no time in processing my refund. Although there is an obvious disconnect in customer service, they do make good on their products and return guarantees. If you plan on purchasing, the products are fine. Just make sure that what you order will work with your particular bike and you should have no problems.

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-24-2014

VikingBagsOfficial, Viking Bags rep has responded

“Hi Cheriboberri, we do have a 30 return policy whatever the issue is - even if you just don't like the bags. Please give me your order number or a phone number where we could contact you so that I can make sure your return is expedited.”

"The bags look great, I love their shape. I was expecting bags that were more tailored to my bike (Kaw 900 custom). I am disappointed they are a universal fit. I am not that handy with mechanical stuff. If I had misread the description, then it's my fault. But the mounting bolts that came with the package are too long, I had to buy shorter ones that would not make contact with my rear fender. They are very roomy and I love the lock feature. It is taking me a bit to get used to all the velcro that secures the lid of the bags. Not disappointed in the way they look on the bike, though!"

"Ordering was easy and my bags arrived in 2 days."

"I ordered saddle bags and a luggage bag on August 4. Delivery finally showed up on August 19. The main problem was that only the luggage bag showed up. Somehow they forgot to send the main purchase which was the saddle bags. They didn't forget to bill me for it. I paid an extra $99 for UPS delivery for what. "

"This is the second set of panniers I've bought from Viking. Both sets were good quality and excellent value for money. "

"The bags don't fit my bike without relocating my turn signals. I missed the banner that said I would need to move them on the page that had all the bags that "fit" my bike. It didn't say in the description that I would need to move them. if it stated that in the description I would not have bought them. they will refund my money but I have to pay return shipping and that is about $50. I asked if the smaller bags would fit without moving the lights. I was told I need to relocate them with any set of bags. Now I have to decide if I want to relocate or take a loss and return the bags. I know I will need to splice the wires to move the lights and that's why I don't want to move them. Its not hard I just don't want to do it. "

"Fits perfect, and looks great!"

"Very Satisfied. Great Look Great Fit. Ordered Quick Disconnect Mount and they are a breeze to install and remove bags when not needed. Shipping was faster then anticipated and easy to track order"

"They advertised a 10% Sturgis Discount and I didn't get the discount. Still happy with the transaction. I Just received the bag. The material is thicker and tougher than I had thought it would be. Plenty of room. This is an awesome bag at a great price. Thanks Viking Bags. "

"Excellent quality, great price, perfect fit, lightning fast shipping. I'll never get saddlebags from anywhere else again. "

Viking Bags is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Viking Bags is a merchant member
Viking Bags participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,846 merchant members.