Stores > Viking Bags

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2016-05-16

Terrible Service.

"I ordered the warrior bags for my bike May 5. They said the bags would be delivered May 10th. The 10th comes and goes so I call them on the 11th and they say the bags have been lost but that when they find them they will expedite the shipping so then Ill get them on the 16th or 17th. So I call back 23 hours later and they say they've found the bags and that they are on the way..... BUT then I get a email saying THE BAGS ARE OUT OF STOCK?!
What did they send then???? Air??? An empty box???

So after that I called then and finally asked for a refund. Don't deal with these guys. Jokes are what they are. I hope they read this... Tyson. Order #16001 you all know you f**ked up.

This review was modified by nothappy101 on May 16 2016 03:24:54 PM

2016-04-19

don"t believe the words "customer service"

"I will say, the bags were bought as a Christmas gift, getting the bike out of winter storage and starting the spring service, April 2016, was the first time opening the box with the new bags, on close inspection I discovered the bottom of one of the bags was NOT sewn correctly and there was a two inch +/- hole, I immediately sent them an e-mail stating what the problem was , I got a response saying "so sad to bad" BUT if you could send us a photo of the problem, they would show the photos to their technicians "

This review was modified by Dennisjt on April 19 2016 08:01:10 AM

2016-03-26

missing parts

"Similar to another review. We received the disconnect mounting bracket with missing parts. Unable to contact via phone. I sent an email and got a generic reply 'we have received your email and respond shortly". No further response. "live chat" also unavailable. Very lacking in customer support. Do not waste your money on a quick disconnect bracket.

Update 4/1/16---- 2 weeks later and still no parts. On Monday they were "shipping" the parts "the next day" and we would have them by today. Well....not shipped on Tuesday and still no parts!! HORRIBLE Service. Need to figure out to return this worthless product

This review was modified by upsetcustomer2016 on April 01 2016 04:16:43 PM

2016-03-11

Unresponsive Customer Service and Missing Mounting Bracket.

"My irritation with Viking Bags continue to rise and I do not see any effort or concern of customer satisfaction from Viking. The website advertise a phone number open 7 days a week and a help center chat with an expert. These both are very misleading as the phone number continues to disconnect and rarely does a live person answer and responses to the chat with an expert service is nonexistent. No response has been received after four different attempts with chat with an expert service. I will be happy to update my review once I am able to contact an employee of Viking via the provided phone number on the website. The advertise shipping is 3-5 business days. My saddlebags were delivered in 15 days, which required numerous calls to Viking and UPS to locate package. The saddlebag themselves seem to be a very high quality and they look great. However, one saddlebag appeared dirty inside and required to be vacuumed prior to installation. The dirty appearance inside the bag was probably from not cleaning the bag after manufacturing the bag. The issue that has not been resolved is the advertised mounting hardware included with the saddlebag was not delivered. I attempted to call, email, and chat with the expert and have not received a response. A big reason why I chose Viking Bag was because I did not have to spend extra money on paying for mounting bracket. I am very thankful that the bags have been delivered, however, I would appreciate a response from Viking regarding the status of my mounting bracket. I am sure Viking will respond to the review with the blame for late deliveries is a result of “snail mail” UPS and I should contact customer service department on their website about the missing mounting bracket. Thanks but I have contacted the service department and I am still waiting their response and if you are having continue issues with UPS my recommendation is do not advertise 3-5 business days on your website. Looking forward to Viking response and hope that Viking can fulfill their agreement and deliver the mounting bracket. …Update. No response provided by Viking regarding the missing mounting brackets and my previous review apparently was deleted from Viking website. After buying mounting hardware from a different company I was able to mount the Viking bags easily. After riding with the bags for about 2 months I notice one bag was difficult to lock. The locking mechanism seems to be defective. The screw came out and when I replaced the screw the locking mechanism was not long enough to latch. I noticed the other bag on the other side had a longer lip that allowed for the locking mechanism to lock in place."

This review was modified by Blacklotuz on April 24 2016 07:58:59 AM

2016-02-17

"Fast delivery, excellent bags"

2016-02-15

Highly Recommend.

"Easy to deal with. Bags shipped and arrived in excellent condition and they seem to be good quality bags. "

2016-02-14

Sportster locking saddlebags

"I love my new saddlebags but they seemed to bow out a bit when installed so my hubby modified the front brackets so they would sit aligned straight with the bike. Installing them required a lot of measuring and some hole drilling and we bought some black plugs to fill the current holes that came pre-drilled. So it was a bit of work but the end result looks awesome!"

2016-02-10

A bit misleading

"If you look at the description of the Swing Arm Bag (and photos) you will see NO MENTION of a Viking logo screwed into the center of the flap. But, that is what you will get.
Silver and black, a little larger that a quarter. Not a huge deal, I can remove it or cover it up with something else, but I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was "branded" so boldly on the front.
Shipping was super fast, no complaints there.

2016-02-09

"Bags were exactly as pictured, came in double wrapped without any scratches or blemishes. Fit my bike very well and they look good. Very pleased "

2016-02-06

Not happy

"I still have not received my bags, there is still no tracking info and I was told they would be delivered by the 3Rd -4th. They had no problem taking my money immediately after I placed my order. But cannot tell me when I will receive my product. Just that it is in transit. "

“Hi Mizzmuzik36,

Some items are shipped via standard USPS snail mail, which doesn't provide any tracking number. Depending on what you ordered, this may have been the case. However, most of the items we shipped are done via UPS or FedEx and those definitely have a tracking number. That being said, this tracking number is automatically created once the order is received. This may help to explain why you saw it created but not updated right away. If you feel like our shipment/delivery time still wasn't as we described, we can at least hear you out to see how we could've done better. Please reach out to our customer service department via our website for anything else.

2016-02-03

"This was very poor quality. The handle just came out while unpacking, what would have happened if the bags were mounted on the bike.... Unhappy:("

“Hi Mohit,

Sorry to hear that you haven't been satisfied with what you purchased thus far. While we're not entirely sure why the handle just came off, it could have very well been just a defective product. Either way, we'll gladly exchange it for another one so you can get what you ordered without anything falling out. Please fill out a return form, found on our website, and we'll make sure to send a replacement soon after.

Thanks again for bringing this up to our attention and we hope to hear from you soon.

2016-01-27

Great Bags!

"Viking got my bags to me quickly, which I appreciate, and had comprehensive instructions for installation, both written and via videos on their website. The bags look good, and appear to be of solid construction. I like 'em."

Rep reply posted Feb-01-2016

A rep from Viking Bags, VikingBagsOfficial, has responded

“Thanks Joseph, send us video once they're installed and we'll feature it on our site.

- Viking Bags”

2016-01-15

Oops! Needed 1 set not 2

"Having my Harley made into a Trike. The bags are high quality and exactly what I wanted.
A excellent company...I order 2 sets and before they shipped Viking sent me an e-mail to confirm if I really wanted 2 sets....of course I made a mistake and only wanted 1 set. Very impressed with the service and bags were here in 3 days.

Rep reply posted Feb-01-2016

A rep from Viking Bags, VikingBagsOfficial, has responded

“Thanks, we appreciate all feedback and we're glad that you didn't get an extra set.

- Viking Bags”

2016-01-10

"Bags for the price are great. Couldn't install due to the bolts are too short. Have to make a special trip to get new hardware to finish the job. Contacted customer service, they said "sorry"..."

“Hi Michael,

We're sorry to hear that you didn't get the correct bolt length with your kit. Do you have a luggage rack or sissy bar by any chance? Either one of these two would have definitely required longer bolts in order for your install to work. Unfortunately, we cannot account for any aftermarket luggage racks or sissy bars in our bolts because we just can't assume everyone has them. That being said, there could have been an honest mistake as well and if that was the case we'll take the blame. If you went to the hardware store to get longer bolts, send us a scanned copy of your receipt, or a good cell phone picture, and we'll refund you for the bolts you had to purchase.

Please contact our customer service department on our website in order to process that refund. By the way, we will also make sure that our customer service staff is giving you better service rather than just saying "sorry" next time you call.

2016-01-09

"Fast shipping and like the web page but was not happy with the bags. I purchased the extra large bags that looked great and liked that it showed you how they look on your stile of bike but once they arrived I could already tell they were going to be to small for my 1800 honda. The picture is not accurate for the looks of these bags on my bike. These would work great for a harly sportster or a 600-1100 cc mortercycle. Other than that I felt the shipping and the service rates a 5 star.

I do not understand why it cost me $23.00 to have these shipped to me but to ship them back I was charged $40.00. This was one more thing I was unhappy about.

“Hi jlcampbell0582,

We're sorry to hear that the saddlebags weren't as expected. On some saddlebags we have small, medium, and large versions. It is possible that you ordered the small but we were mistakenly showing you the images for the large. This is especially true if you're looking at customer photos as we show you the photos for that saddlebag and not necessarily per size etc. If you feel like this was the case, we could've gladly replaced them for you and sent you the bigger version of them, unless, of course, those were the biggest ones available.

If you still feel like we didn't fully meet your expectations, please give us a call and let us know how we could've done better. We're always looking for feedback to improve and minimize the amount of unsatisfied customers we have.

Thanks for reaching out,

Share Viking Bags's store rating

Viking Bags is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Viking Bags is a merchant member
Viking Bags participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,592 merchant members.