Product & services pricing Rating 6.54/10 6.54/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.65/10 3.65/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.62/10 4.62/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.96/10 3.96/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10

"Bags look great, don't have them mounted yet but they are nice sturdy and solid bags, thanks Viking!"

"The pictures do not justify the product. Great quality, shipped quickly and looks great on my bike."

"did not receive any bags yet, maybe by December."

“Hello there Mdchez,
please provide me you're order number or a phone number so we can have a team member reach out to you with an update on this order. I apologize for the delay in shipment. We had a few delays on certain items, causing a back up. I can assure you we are doing everything possible to get this solved.

-Steven Beltran”

"Easy ordering process, great price."

"So far they meet expectations not installed so we will see"

"Bags are vinyl even though their website says "All of Viking Bags’ motorcycle products are made of premium quality leather."

Contacted them before ordering 2 different sets to verify they would fit my bike and was assured each time that they would. Neither set did fit. I'm out 2 way shipping costs on each set ($100.00+). I would never buy again from this company!

“Rcrago,

Our bags used to be made out of cowhide leather. However we found it to not be as long lasting as our newly designed viking leather. There were a few areas on the site they went unnoticed but we have taken care of that to the fullest extent. There is no restocking fee, and we do refund the full amount of the products themselves. However, for the inconvenience on the return shipping costs, we will be crediting your account with $35. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to leave a phone number and we will have a Customer Service Rep reach out to you.

- Steven Beltran”

"The bags i received are not real leather, even though they state that they are 'genuine leather' on the website. When I queried this, I was told that a manager would call me back. I am still waiting for the call.
I was overcharged on my credit card, and it took 2 phone calls to get the overcharged amount credited. When I asked to cancel the order I was told the items were already shipped, even though they hadn't been.
Overall, although the products are not that bad, I found the website to be misleading and that the whole process was not a pleasant one.

VikingBagsOfficial, Viking Bags rep has responded

“Our bags used to be made out of cowhide leather. However we found it to not be as long lasting as our newly designed viking leather. There were a few areas on the site they went unnoticed but we have taken care of that to the fullest extent. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to leave a phone number and we will have a Customer Service Rep reach out to you. We really do apologize for the inconvenience wit this issue, feel free to contact us and we will give you a discount on a future purchase. Thank you for the input.

-Steven Beltran”

"It took over 2.5 weeks to get my items; the first time I received my package, they hadn't shipped my saddlebags. When they did ship them (after I called to complain), they didn't put the correct value of the bags on the commercial invoice, so my package was held at customs for a week & a half. (Customs only released after they sent a correct one & I submitted my original receipt). I had really wanted my bags for a long ride I was going on; had to use a bag strapped to my bike instead. Not cool. I gave 2 stars though because the actual bags are nice."

“Tammy_lewin,

We are extremely sorry for the delay in shipment, we have done everything in our power to make sure that does not happen again. Please leave a phone number and i will have some one reach out to you in regards to this with a compensation on the shipping cost.

-Steven Beltran”

"These "soft" bags are reinforced to never lose their shape and have a metal support cage inside to ensure they stay stiff. The pre-made mounting holes probably fit popular Harley model cycles, but the universal brackets allow for a variety of fits on other bike models. I fit the Large Warrior bags on my 1982 Honda Magna with some effort and the relocation of the rear turn signals. They look great and I love the locking system, which will detour most amateur thieves. Great bags. Affordable price. Fast shipping."

"Placed my order for hard bags and mounting hardware on July 31/14. By August 28/14 I contacted Viking Bags regarding my order and was informed that there had been a back order issue but my order would be shipped within 24hrs. Sept 09/14, Contacted Viking bags again re: my order. Was informed that they would be shipped within 24 hours. Almost 6 weeks Not acceptable! Cancelled order."

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-10-2014

“Hi terryp-42213,

We did recently have a stock issue with one of our hard bags. It sold out within no time and we did not have enough product to fulfill all of the orders that came in. We reached out to those who did not receive saddle bags and gave them the option of either switching out there order with something we did have in stock, canceling the order and getting a full refund, or waiting for the next shipment to come in and giving a partial refund. Please give me your order number so that I may add a 25% discount to your account that will apply towards any future purchases for your troubles.

"The products arrived as advertised in a prompt fashion. When installing the luggage, a plastic buckle snapped on the backrest strap. I emailed Viking and was asked for photos. When I emailed photos to Viking, I received a reply indicating that they had no replacements in stock. I was asked to inquire again in a month. I will be doing just that. It is unfortunate that the company does not have sufficient stock to cover warranty issues. "

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-10-2014

“Hi retsofnek50,

We don't always have replacement parts available right off hand, however if you'd like we can exchange the bag for you. Please give me your phone number or order number so I can have a member of our staff reach out to you to help you accomplish this.

"Good quality, prompt ship, had to modify kit by buying longer bolts for mount to struts due to thickness of bags (non-Viking bags)"

"The saddlebags I purchased were a Father's day gift for my husband. He loves them! They arrived quickly and were packaged well. They fit the bike like a glove and were easily mounted by two people.

A note to anyone buying hard sided saddlebags...order the quick release mounts at the same time. You won't regret it.

We will definitely be patronizing Viking Bags in the future!

"they didn't send all the hardware needed to mount, but did rectify the situation quickly."

"The products seem to be okay, but the return is another issue altogether. We received our saddlebags and took them somewhere to have them put on. Unfortunately, they were not a good fit. We contacted them to return them. Supposedly a return label was on the way almost a week ago, along with a refund. Haven't seen either. Robert (not very pleasant) assisted us with the return and was pretty intent on exchanging for something that still would not fit. Based on the return issues, I wouldn't recommend them despite having what appears to be a pretty decent product line. I sure hope I don't have to get the BBB or Attorney General's office involved to resolve our issues.

Update: 3 days later I am asked for the order number (57074-140726) after finally getting a basic email reply with an RMA label dated 8/27 which is incidentally a day after the 30day period. Hmmm... No instructions on what to do with said label. Does FedEx pick up? Do I drop off? Still thinking this is to avoid a refund. I have no way to reply to VikingBagsOfficial other than to edit this response and I will not be publicly posting contact information.

update on 9/10: After returning from vacation, I found that Viking Bags wasted no time in processing my refund. Although there is an obvious disconnect in customer service, they do make good on their products and return guarantees. If you plan on purchasing, the products are fine. Just make sure that what you order will work with your particular bike and you should have no problems.

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-24-2014

VikingBagsOfficial, Viking Bags rep has responded

“Hi Cheriboberri, we do have a 30 return policy whatever the issue is - even if you just don't like the bags. Please give me your order number or a phone number where we could contact you so that I can make sure your return is expedited.”

Viking Bags is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Viking Bags is a merchant member
Viking Bags participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,866 merchant members.