• Viking Bags Viking Bags Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.19/10 7.19/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.10/10 8.10/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.00/10 7.00/10

"These bags are fantastic, ship fast, and very attractive on my vulcan 2000. "

"The wrong bag was shipped but the right bag was shipped out without waiting to receive the bag I was returning. Customer service on the phone and e-mail was excellent and the swingarm bag I bought is excellent quality."

"Transaction was smooth and item was delivered quickly. "

"very nice bag for the money bag was shipped promptly"

"Items received were defective (scratches in the paint, defects in the fiberglass. No instructions and the mounts provided do not line up in any way to my bike"

"I ordered leather wrapped hard case bags plus the quick-disconnect (QD) kit. The complete order arrived intact in a timely fashion 4 days after the order date via ground shipping. Upon initial inspection of the order, I noticed that one QD bracket had chipped paint in three locations, and that some hardware was not correct for the bike (a Triumph Rocket III Classic). Two QD docking posts had the incorrect mounting hole size and the 10 mm bolts had the wrong thread. I returned the defective/incorrect parts back to Viking on their dime. Viking sent the replacement hardware via ground shipping immediately without the need to receive the incorrect ones first, but they waited to ship the replacement QD brackets until they received the returned ones. Viking also shipped the replacement QD brackets via ground. Under the circumstances, I would have expected Viking to ship all items overnight, rather than keep me waiting since they created all the problems.

I have now since installed the bags using the QD system. During this process, I discovered that the bags are not mirror images of each other. I noted some dimensional and assembly differences, which contributed to installation complications. Also, while the QD system works fine with respect to installing and removing the bags quickly, it does not hold the bags tight/rigid to the bike; some wobbling exists. It remains to be seen how this impairs (or not) riding performance.

Regarding the overall value of the products received, the QD system is way overpriced, as are the bags themselves, IMHO.

"Would rate it 5 but sissy bar luggage said it comes with instructions for mounting and hooking up all the different straps but had no paper instructions included in that box. I called and rep told me to go to website and download. He never gave me option to send. And internet instructions were not that specific."

"Fantastic customer service and good products. Would buy from again."

"The bags are a fantastic value for the money, very well constructed. I believe I will be using them for years to come, thanks Viking!"

"Very satisfied with our sissy bar bag, It's very well made and has lots of room in it. This is the second thing we bought from you, prior to this we bought leather covered hard saddle bags which were excellent in quality also...Thank you again"

"Very nice bags and very fast delivery. Some confusion saying a product was backordered, but it sent the next day. Ended up getting both bags and very happy with the product."

"I have a honda valkyrie, the bags are fine but:
1. screws I fell short by 1 or 2 inches
2. velcro tape reaches not touching, it falls short by 6 inches, whether it is for a motorcycle valkyrie have to warn this point, I would need an XL not a large bag suitcase

"On line assistance with the order was very helpful, product delivered when and as expected"

"The quality was very good but they were smaller than I thought a large bag would be. They also stated quick release but they are hard mounted. "

"Top quality and the price was right !"

Share Viking Bags's store rating

Viking Bags is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Viking Bags is a merchant member
Viking Bags participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,710 merchant members.