Stores > Viking Bags

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10

2016-09-10

Viking Bags. Saddlebags for a Harley Fatboy

"I've had them for over a year now. They are decent quality and provide a good deal of storage room. I'd have preferred they'd have come with a metal plate formed to fit the inside contour of the bags for mounting purposes. It would give them excellent strength and no need to worry about the bolt and washer breaking through the hard shell of the bag. Also, there is some slight delamination of the leather from the back of one of the bags. I guess I'm going to try to pierce the leather and inject some kind of glue into it. Other than that, I'm VERY happy with them. They look terrific!"

2016-07-17

Save your money and use cheap plastic grocery bags....better quality

"Horrible customer service. Very slow to respond then asks idiotic questions that they should already have the answers to. Sent the wrong mounting kit, still not resolved. The quality of the bags are also questionable as I have only had them about two weeks and they have numerous threads unraveling. The bike is kept in a garage both at home and at work so it is not an elements issue. When I asked for assistance via e-mail I was asked "what model number" did you receive, it should be on the box or bag of the mounting kit". Guess what? The mounting kit was just thrown in the main box in clear plastic bags with no labeling."

2016-07-09

Very poor quality

"Pros:
arrived with in a week. Parts were complete.
Cons:
1. Mounting bracket screws were too short.
2. Mounting bracket holes were for much larger screws. Way too loose around the correct mounting screws.
3. Mounting holes in the bags were misaligned with the mount points on the bike. Had to drill new holes in the bags. And yes, I ordered the correct bags.
4. The mounting brackets were too long for the bags.
5. Can't open the bags completely. The back of the lid hits the passenger seat keeping it from opening all the way which makes accessing the inside very hard. That's just poor design.
6. Paid extra for locks that don't work. If I had known they were so useless, I wouldn't have ordered lockable bags.
7. Can't use one key for both bags. Each bag is keyed differently. Seriously?

Conclusion: Don't buy Viking Bags.

This review was modified by ChuckM1 on July 09 2016 08:57:45 PM

2016-06-13

Don't waste your money

"Ordered these bags hoping to save a few hundred dollars vs purchasing genuine HD bags. When the bags showed up they had no instructions and the ones on line were very vague at best. I contacted Viking with no real help. The brackets didn't seem to fit and yes I ordered correctly. Their solution was to have someone else install them. I did call around to several shops and the basic answer was we do not install parts provided by customers. So I decided i would just return them. according to the return policy i was responsible for shipping and would receive a full refund as long as they were returned undamaged with the keys and all packing in place. so i did and guess what I received a refund of $199.00 (purchase price $299.00 plus shipping)so at the end of the day it cost me 100.00 plus 24.00 (original shipping costs ) plus 41.00 (return shipping) for a grand total of a $165.00 hard learned lesson. They did not let me know why they charged the $100.00 restocking fee. This is not an honest or trustworthy company. BTW if you call the 24hr hotline its just a recording and you cant leave a message."

This review was modified by 1winnie1 on June 13 2016 07:19:50 AM

2016-05-16

Terrible Service.

"I ordered the warrior bags for my bike May 5. They said the bags would be delivered May 10th. The 10th comes and goes so I call them on the 11th and they say the bags have been lost but that when they find them they will expedite the shipping so then Ill get them on the 16th or 17th. So I call back 23 hours later and they say they've found the bags and that they are on the way..... BUT then I get a email saying THE BAGS ARE OUT OF STOCK?!
What did they send then???? Air??? An empty box???

So after that I called then and finally asked for a refund. Don't deal with these guys. Jokes are what they are. I hope they read this... Tyson. Order #16001 you all know you f**ked up.

This review was modified by nothappy101 on May 16 2016 03:24:54 PM

2016-04-19

don"t believe the words "customer service"

"I will say, the bags were bought as a Christmas gift, getting the bike out of winter storage and starting the spring service, April 2016, was the first time opening the box with the new bags, on close inspection I discovered the bottom of one of the bags was NOT sewn correctly and there was a two inch +/- hole, I immediately sent them an e-mail stating what the problem was , I got a response saying "so sad to bad" BUT if you could send us a photo of the problem, they would show the photos to their technicians "

This review was modified by Dennisjt on April 19 2016 08:01:10 AM

2016-03-26

missing parts

"Similar to another review. We received the disconnect mounting bracket with missing parts. Unable to contact via phone. I sent an email and got a generic reply 'we have received your email and respond shortly". No further response. "live chat" also unavailable. Very lacking in customer support. Do not waste your money on a quick disconnect bracket.

Update 4/1/16---- 2 weeks later and still no parts. On Monday they were "shipping" the parts "the next day" and we would have them by today. Well....not shipped on Tuesday and still no parts!! HORRIBLE Service. Need to figure out to return this worthless product

This review was modified by upsetcustomer2016 on April 01 2016 04:16:43 PM

2016-03-11

Unresponsive Customer Service and Missing Mounting Bracket.

"My irritation with Viking Bags continue to rise and I do not see any effort or concern of customer satisfaction from Viking. The website advertise a phone number open 7 days a week and a help center chat with an expert. These both are very misleading as the phone number continues to disconnect and rarely does a live person answer and responses to the chat with an expert service is nonexistent. No response has been received after four different attempts with chat with an expert service. I will be happy to update my review once I am able to contact an employee of Viking via the provided phone number on the website. The advertise shipping is 3-5 business days. My saddlebags were delivered in 15 days, which required numerous calls to Viking and UPS to locate package. The saddlebag themselves seem to be a very high quality and they look great. However, one saddlebag appeared dirty inside and required to be vacuumed prior to installation. The dirty appearance inside the bag was probably from not cleaning the bag after manufacturing the bag. The issue that has not been resolved is the advertised mounting hardware included with the saddlebag was not delivered. I attempted to call, email, and chat with the expert and have not received a response. A big reason why I chose Viking Bag was because I did not have to spend extra money on paying for mounting bracket. I am very thankful that the bags have been delivered, however, I would appreciate a response from Viking regarding the status of my mounting bracket. I am sure Viking will respond to the review with the blame for late deliveries is a result of “snail mail” UPS and I should contact customer service department on their website about the missing mounting bracket. Thanks but I have contacted the service department and I am still waiting their response and if you are having continue issues with UPS my recommendation is do not advertise 3-5 business days on your website. Looking forward to Viking response and hope that Viking can fulfill their agreement and deliver the mounting bracket. …Update. No response provided by Viking regarding the missing mounting brackets and my previous review apparently was deleted from Viking website. After buying mounting hardware from a different company I was able to mount the Viking bags easily. After riding with the bags for about 2 months I notice one bag was difficult to lock. The locking mechanism seems to be defective. The screw came out and when I replaced the screw the locking mechanism was not long enough to latch. I noticed the other bag on the other side had a longer lip that allowed for the locking mechanism to lock in place."

This review was modified by Blacklotuz on April 24 2016 07:58:59 AM

2016-02-17

"Fast delivery, excellent bags"

2016-02-15

Highly Recommend.

"Easy to deal with. Bags shipped and arrived in excellent condition and they seem to be good quality bags. "

2016-02-14

Sportster locking saddlebags

"I love my new saddlebags but they seemed to bow out a bit when installed so my hubby modified the front brackets so they would sit aligned straight with the bike. Installing them required a lot of measuring and some hole drilling and we bought some black plugs to fill the current holes that came pre-drilled. So it was a bit of work but the end result looks awesome!"

2016-02-10

A bit misleading

"If you look at the description of the Swing Arm Bag (and photos) you will see NO MENTION of a Viking logo screwed into the center of the flap. But, that is what you will get.
Silver and black, a little larger that a quarter. Not a huge deal, I can remove it or cover it up with something else, but I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was "branded" so boldly on the front.
Shipping was super fast, no complaints there.

2016-02-09

"Bags were exactly as pictured, came in double wrapped without any scratches or blemishes. Fit my bike very well and they look good. Very pleased "

2016-02-06

Not happy

"I still have not received my bags, there is still no tracking info and I was told they would be delivered by the 3Rd -4th. They had no problem taking my money immediately after I placed my order. But cannot tell me when I will receive my product. Just that it is in transit. "

2016-02-03

"This was very poor quality. The handle just came out while unpacking, what would have happened if the bags were mounted on the bike.... Unhappy:("

Share Viking Bags's store rating

Viking Bags is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Viking Bags is not a merchant member
Viking Bags does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!