Stores > Venus Swimwear

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Venus Swimwear by clicking a star below.
2017-04-21

Good clothes

"Ive never had an issue with Venus and I order all my clothes from there. The pants run big but everything else is on target. Never had a problem returning an item which has only been once. Love the clothes, overall good quality but I cant put anything except pants in the dryer. Air dry everything. "

2017-03-21

Not Canadian Friendly!!!

"I ordered an $80 swimsuit because I really love the color and design of one on Venus.com. I figured that's about how much I would pay in a nice store. $110 was taken out of my account by Venus. I figured it was for duties and taxes. That was until I received an email the next day saying that the product would not be shipped to me unless I paid duties and taxes. I guess the prices are all in $USD, although that was mentioned nowhere, not even when I checked out.
I called Venus to cancel my order as I was not planning on spending that much. The CSR was terrible and uninterested. She informed me that I should just pay the taxes and receive it, then send it back to them for a refund. Apparently it was already shipped to a distributor but would not default back to them for 28 days, and it would be quicker for me to send it back to them personally. She offered no apologies or solutions, it was me problem solving with questions like: "well, do you have a Canadian store or website?" "No."
I paid the taxes, still have not received the product. Honestly, even the companies on amazon based in China have better customer service. Calling all Canadians, if you like sh*t customer service and getting screwed out of your money this is the place for you.
Please note, If you google Venus the first thing that comes up is a website with 4.5 stars. However, there was no way to post a review on that site. Internal/False advertising perhaps?

2017-03-04

a company that penalizes you twice for returning items

"I am very frustrated with the return process with Venus. The quality of the clothing is hit or miss. But for what you pay it's decent. None the less I like to be able to try things out and then if they don't work return the. usually you pay return shipping ONCE. . I returned one package which contained several orders, I did this intentionally to save on the shipping return label.. The items were received and for whatever reason were processed over a weeks time individually. I was charged several different 6.95 shipping fees on top of the return label I used to return the one package. It was explained to me that unless I keep $100.00 of an original order I will be charged another $6.95. So I was charged this several times bc the orders were separate. I have never heard of such practices in all my years of ordering clothing from various companies including Victoria's Secret and amazon etc. This is a HUGE deterrent for me to ever buy from you again. A customer should not be penalized for returning an item. On top of that a coupon I used for $25 was also revoked. That I can sort of understand b/c I the value they ended up making off me was less than then what the coupon called for. I ended up getting refunded aprox. $30 less than what I returned in merchandise. so yes, they do make money off of you in a sleazy way. I'm not happy. I had to call customer service about five times to work this all out and time is money. The lesson here is this: When you order from venus and theres any chance of needing to return something make sure you've purchased a large order b/c for every order you return that falls under $100 they will charge you ANOTHER label fee for the original order shipment on top of the return fee. Returns should be easy and fair. Venus is not. "

2017-01-03

terrible customer service

"Absolutly terrible experience - attempted to return $80 worth of low-quality clothing using the label Venus provided, only to find that Venus never received the clothing, refused to issue a refund, and continually closed out my customer account (marked as "solved). Do not waste your money on this terrible company/low quality clothing. "

2016-09-02

Will charge "free shipping" if you return you items

"I order online all the time and this is unheard. Not only did I pay the $6.95 return shipping I had to pay the original $12.95 shipping when I returned a couple items and my order dropped below $100. I ended up paying $20 in shipping! This is not clear and their Customer Service team is beyond rude and unhelpful. The clothes are fairly cheap hence the pricing. "

2016-08-21

BIG NO!

"Placed an order more than 4 MONTHS ago and have been charged..
NOTHING SHIPPED...

2016-06-15

All that glitters isn't gold!!!

"I never write reveiws but was so pissed off thinking about how many other people are being bamboozled by this company's refund and shipping! I purchased three items to be deliver in time for an event. The fulliment center is in Florida and items being delivered to Florida.. Waited over a 2 wks and when I called they claimed my credit card was declined. But I was never advised via email, As per their system I was given a confirmation. They immediately got my order out 2nd day( I'll give credit for great Customer Service). Just a day before my event unfortanely the items received were such poor quality I returned every item. Beware of those beautiful catalogue pictures.... "all that gilters is not gold". Now for the return. As per their site (my account) I ordered $81. worth of tiems (sub total) they issued a refunded sub total of $74.05...the tax I was charged orginally was $6.58 they refunded me $5.67 and the shipping was $12.95 (which i was not refunded of course, understandable) wth! I ship items eveyday and the convenience of returning items shouldn't cost that much. But that was definitely a lesson learned. Yea they made a profit of $20.81 yes I count every penny. I will never order from this company again what a rip off!!!! Only plus is their Customer Service people...2 stars for them!!!"

2015-10-05

"I just got my dress and i never write reviews but i have to especially after reading the negative comments when i was ordering. i was really on the fence about the dress but i figured i'd give it a try. i ordered it wednesday night and it arrived in the mail today (monday). i am in between a 10 and a 12 so i went with the 10 and i tell you the dress fits like it was made for me! Great fabric, great qualty and the picture does not do it justice. Venus you have yourself a regular customer. I would have given it a 5 but i haven't worn the dress yet other than trying it on. And let me tell you i am PICKY about my dresses but this one is a WINNER!"

2015-09-01

"I'm a catalog shopper and Venus is one of my favorite places to shop! They have a good selection of the latest fashions including dresses, tops, shorts and shoes. Especially love their dresses. Bought two strapless maxis that I get compliments on every time I wear them! So comfy, terrific quality and reasonably priced! Always buy my swimwear from Venus; fits well, made to last, beautiful styles. Love the twisted bandeau tankini best! "

2015-08-11

"Was not told that one top was on back order and just had the money removed from my account, had the order stopped before they sent it then had to fight with them for nearly three weeks to get my refund, the quality and sizing of the other tops that I received was poor the sizing was bigger then what it was supposed to be on the sizing guide and for $30 to $40 on some of the tops I expected a better quality fabric, I will never buy from them again and am now urging all my friends that are heading to America or to their site to stay away. No one needs this kind of problem when shopping online "

2015-08-07

"If I could give them less than 1 star I would..poor quality of clothing. .very cheaply made . ordered 6 tops returned all but one..Venus was going to charge me for return shipping until I called them and explained I didn't use their return postage label. .After arguing with them I finally got them to take it off..Also I made a online payment at 10 pm the day it was due. .I was charged a 25.00 late fee..I would not recommend anything from this store..20 years ago it had decent bathing suits..but now cheap! !"

2015-07-29

"I order from Venus since 3 years now and have about 20 of there dresses and other items, there all good quality and I always have compliments with them. The price is fair for the quality. Had one's an order delevered to me by mistake, they re embourced me. Usually receive my orders in 10 days. Good. No probleme with that. "

2015-07-25

"I am a Canadian customer and ordered for 2 swimsuits June 15th. Long story short I received 1 bathing suit on July 23 after having to call and ask where my order was and when was it going to arrive. the second suit was no longer available. I will never order from this company again. If it takes 6 weeks to get an order that should take no more than 7-10 days I won't be ordering from them again. "

2015-05-07

" live in Canada. I placed 2 large orders 5 days apart. I chose STANDARD shipping (21 days +) & I also used their offer of a promo for FREE shipping.
But 3 days after my 2nd order, BOTH ORDERS ARRIVED AT POST OFFICE marked COD...WITH A TOTAL DUE OF $1000. What happened to my free shipping? Insult to injury: Venus employee insisted the $1000 fee was "duties & taxes" (NOT) & rudely told me, "I have nothing to do with your country."

2015-03-22

"Very low quality items. Some were cute and will make a cute summery top, although the material will probably only last a few washes. When most items of my order did not meet my satisfaction, I returned the order for the $6.95 fee. I was then charged another $10 hidden fee after the return was accepted. Poor customer service and poor quality clothes equals losing a customer in me"

Share Venus Swimwear's store rating

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member
Venus Swimwear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!