• Venus Swimwear

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10

"Very low quality items. Some were cute and will make a cute summery top, although the material will probably only last a few washes. When most items of my order did not meet my satisfaction, I returned the order for the $6.95 fee. I was then charged another $10 hidden fee after the return was accepted. Poor customer service and poor quality clothes equals losing a customer in me"

modified review This review was modified by Lisabbs on March 22 2015 03:15:17 AM

"This woman from live chat customer service has no idea about what is "SERVICE" means.
Mar4,2015 I have talked to another representative he promise will give me a refund as the package was too late.He told me to wait for the refund confirmation email. But I never receive the email. So I went to live chat again and want to confirm my refund.

This lady Lani Taylor, I gave her my refund order# , she said "i don't understand your question,you are making a statement not asking a question". OMGGGGGG

"I LOVE Venus! Low prices and awesome styles! I am complimented every single time I wear one of the dresses I purchased from them! I will continue to order from them, never had to return anything yet. Great online store!"

"I ordered 4 sweaters to Canada. And I paid $178.00 CAD in total for shipping and conversion rates. They are all VERY thin I'm scared to wash them or they will fall apart. CHEAP chinese quality, just like the other reviews. Walmart sells better quality clothes. The quality reminds me of a 0.50 shirt from china, NO JOKE. The pictures of the clothes on the models are different quality. RIP OFF!"

modified review This review was modified by Mdog2010 on January 27 2015 02:24:02 PM

"It's my own fault for not listening to the reviews. Either the photos are doctored or they use different fabric in the pictures than what you get when you order. These clothing pieces are crap straight from China and not decent quality China either. The fabrics are cheap. I am seriously disappointing with my order not to even mention a whole shipping debacle that happened. Really sucks cause I had planned to order a ton of stuff from them. Honestly gals, you can buy better quality clothes at Walmart, don't waste your hard earned money on this crap. "

"unable to apply for a venus credit card app on-line "

"I have never ordered from Venus before but I was going on vacation and they had a few things I liked so I went ahead and ordered. When I got the items a few didn't fit like I would have wanted to I went online and ordered new sizes to assure I would get them in time and returned the others. I used their return label, which I read all over the return form and did not see that they charge you, I was thinking well that is nice. Until I got my return statement in my email and they charged $6.95 for the label and another $10 for shipping because I had used the free shipping promo code if you spend over $100. I order a ton on the internet and I have never had a company go back and charge you shipping on items they shipped for free, I will NEVER order from this company again and plus their quality is poor. I will stick to my usual Victoria Secret and they let you return for FREE in their stores. "

modified review This review was modified by Tkeie21 on December 14 2014 09:12:32 AM

"Awful customer service. Two days after I ordered clothing online they had a bunch of discount offers. $10.00 off , (after much complaining, they honored the 10.00)the next day another email sent out saying 15% off entire order, Which they would not honor. The discount would have added to $56.00. So, had I waited 2 days, my stuff would have been a lot cheaper. Any store you walk into, you can get the refund if it goes on sale within the next 30 days especially if you have not worn the clothing, or in my case still not received it??I will be writing a review about the clothing as soon as I see it. This is the last time I will order from this site. Better off going to a store and talking to staff and managers."

modified review This review was modified by shagel on November 27 2014 08:08:50 PM

"I'm so disappointed with my order. I placed an order on 11/8/14 for a white long sleeve bodysuit top, the estimated delivery via UPS was 11/14. It is now 11/18 and the mail and come and gone yet another day without my order. I tracked the shipment and it was delivered to the wrong post office. I called customer service to tell them to cancel the order as it has been 10 days and I've yet to receive it. On top of that, I only ordered it because we were hosting a white party event and I needed a long sleeve tight white top to go with my outfit. I was sure it would arrive in time as it said it would be delivered on 11/14. Well it didn't, and I found myself having to leave work early to rush to Bebe to buy a similar top at the last second! When I called customer service on 11/18 I had a deplorable experience. The woman "helping" me would not even let me explain my concern but rudely interrupting me and demanding my customer number. I told her it and she said it did not exist. She then repeated back the number and she had placed a 4 where a 0 should have been. She was so busy interrupting me that she failed to listen properly. Then I told her it was to be delivered by 11/14. She told me "I don't know where you got that, I don't see that nowhere." Ummm, is there something to gain for me to lie? Who would it hurt other than myself? Am I just calling random numbers making false accusations for fun? No. I read the UPS memo verbatim to her. She then said "Well I don't know what you're talking about because it's comin USPS." She had clearly confused UPS with USPS! But this was not the worst, the worst part was when she questioned me as to WHY I needed the shirt! Yes, she actually asked, "Um, and you needed this for what again?" Are you kidding me? I actually kind of laughed because I couldn't believe it. I told her it really didn't make a difference if I was wearing it for a dinner party or to go jump off a cliff, the point was I needed it by a certain date and they didn't deliver, I'm now an unhappy customer. After all that I told her that I wanted a refund. I never received the order and I just want my money back. She then said "Well you gonna have to get if first then return it to us." That's it? No attempt to salvage a loyal customer? No "I'm sorry about your experience, we want to show you how grateful we are to have you as a customer so we're sending you a coupon, etc." Her response to this...."We'll I'm sorry you ain't happy." OMG....WOW. Needles to say I'll be taking my business else where. "

modified review This review was modified by AshleyM26 on November 18 2014 01:24:11 PM

Venus Swimwear User

"Low quality materials, did not look like the website photos (mostly on the tops and dresses, the pants were somewhat better). Inconsistent and inaccurate sizing. Awkward fit. You will return most of it at your expense; don't try exchanges because you'll end up in a return/exchange loop paying shipping every time and eventually losing all your money for nothing or paying twice as much for anything you keep (and the items are overpriced to begin with)."

Venus Swimwear User

"dishonest, they charged us 6.95 for a label, a sticker, thought it was 6.95 for return ground shipping to return wrong size clothing. Turns out they charged us another 13.00 for the shipping. So our refund on a 22.00 top was 2.05. ABSOLUTE DISHONEST SCUM. NEVER AGAIN!!!!"

"the chiffon dress I received from venus was completely see-through, threads hanging off every seam, glued on glitter falling off and sticks to my skin. it is cheap and clearly not as pictured in the catalog. its not worth sending back due to shipping cost and nothing I could ever wear so I hope people read this and never order anything from venus!"

modified review This review was modified by wlgranny on August 06 2014 11:52:06 AM

"I ordered a blouse for my mother, for her birthday. It's been a month and a half, and the package still hasn't arrive. I will be filing a Charge back from my credit card company!!! Worst online retailer I've ever encountered. Do yourself a favor, and avoid doing business with this company Venus.com "

modified review This review was modified by acid2rain on August 05 2014 06:38:00 AM

"I ordered a dress for my relative in the USA, I am in the UK.

Well the first issue, their site has a field to select if the billing address is different, this I did as it was a birthday gift purchase.
Only after check out did the address come up as the same as the delivery address (the USA address)I immediately contacted them and was assured that this would be dealt with after chatting with an online agent named Fendi. And I requested an email confirmation that this was being done.

The following day I checked and it was the same - nothing was changed and no email confirmation received. I went into the change information area and changed this, thinking it would reflect immediately, this did not happen.I sent them an email complaint relating that the Billing Address is a London address and the Delivery address is a USA address.

This is the response I received: ''Good Morning,Thank you for your recent email. We apologize for any inconvenience. At this time, the order has not shipped. All International shipping information must be entered by a supervisor and not the chat representative. This information would have been hand written and submitted to a supervisor to complete the International shipping information. I am happy to take the information once again and resubmit to the appropriate supervisor.''

I emailed again stating that I do not require International Shipping and a gain repeated the issue, I have not received a response.I then went to chat with their online advisors where I repeated my issue again, and how irate I was and disappointed as this was my first time experience with this company.Lani - the advisor then stated that for international orders and shipping, I again told her it is not an international shipping it is being delivered to a USA address.

She then said to me that - and this is where I think this company is not secure and can be replicating customers credit/bank card details - she says to me I must provide her with the billing address again AND, provide her with the name of my bank, the address of my bankers, their telephone number and some other bank related number and they then have to call the bank and then call the deliver address to make verifications? They cannot authorise any payment until they make all those checks.

While talking to her I checked my bank account online and therein my pending transactions is VENUS.COM. REALLY....this is the first time in my online shopping that some one has requested all of this information.So if you needed all that info and you can't request funds until, why is there a payment request pending in my account and why is the billing address on their systems still the same as the delivery address????????????????

I told her that is was sounding fraudulent and dodgy and I would like to cancel, she got very defensive and then stated I need your billing details again to clear it up and your bankers information otherwise can I go ahead and cancel and disconnect this call.

I said to her please cancel my order.

Guess what my order is still NOT CANCELLED. I've sent them an email to this effect that they are basically doing fraud.

Still waiting on a response.

When did this happen: 16th into 17th JULY 2014

modified review This review was modified by PD72 on July 17 2014 09:30:09 AM

"I placed my first order with Venus.com last week. After my order, I realized I had made an error. Customer service was polite and promptly made the correction when I called. When I received my items I did not like all of them. I see other people complaining about the quality of the products but what were you expecting for these low prices? Anyway, I called and told them I was leaving on a cruise in six days and wanted to return some items and try some different items. I called at 11 pm on a Saturday night and spoke to a polite and knowledgeable customer service rep who overnighted the products I wanted at no shipping charge, saying- So if you are not completely happy we will have time to get you what you want before your cruise. The return process for the other items was simple and convenient allowing me to use either UPS or the postal service. Amazing service after the sale; I will use this company again."

modified review This review was modified by NurseApril on June 15 2014 01:43:36 PM

Share Venus Swimwear's store rating

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member
Venus Swimwear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!