Product & services pricing Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"I'm so disappointed with my order. I placed an order on 11/8/14 for a white long sleeve bodysuit top, the estimated delivery via UPS was 11/14. It is now 11/18 and the mail and come and gone yet another day without my order. I tracked the shipment and it was delivered to the wrong post office. I called customer service to tell them to cancel the order as it has been 10 days and I've yet to receive it. On top of that, I only ordered it because we were hosting a white party event and I needed a long sleeve tight white top to go with my outfit. I was sure it would arrive in time as it said it would be delivered on 11/14. Well it didn't, and I found myself having to leave work early to rush to Bebe to buy a similar top at the last second! When I called customer service on 11/18 I had a deplorable experience. The woman "helping" me would not even let me explain my concern but rudely interrupting me and demanding my customer number. I told her it and she said it did not exist. She then repeated back the number and she had placed a 4 where a 0 should have been. She was so busy interrupting me that she failed to listen properly. Then I told her it was to be delivered by 11/14. She told me "I don't know where you got that, I don't see that nowhere." Ummm, is there something to gain for me to lie? Who would it hurt other than myself? Am I just calling random numbers making false accusations for fun? No. I read the UPS memo verbatim to her. She then said "Well I don't know what you're talking about because it's comin USPS." She had clearly confused UPS with USPS! But this was not the worst, the worst part was when she questioned me as to WHY I needed the shirt! Yes, she actually asked, "Um, and you needed this for what again?" Are you kidding me? I actually kind of laughed because I couldn't believe it. I told her it really didn't make a difference if I was wearing it for a dinner party or to go jump off a cliff, the point was I needed it by a certain date and they didn't deliver, I'm now an unhappy customer. After all that I told her that I wanted a refund. I never received the order and I just want my money back. She then said "Well you gonna have to get if first then return it to us." That's it? No attempt to salvage a loyal customer? No "I'm sorry about your experience, we want to show you how grateful we are to have you as a customer so we're sending you a coupon, etc." Her response to this...."We'll I'm sorry you ain't happy." OMG....WOW. Needles to say I'll be taking my business else where. "

modified review This review was modified by AshleyM26 on November 18 2014 01:24:11 PM

Venus Swimwear User

"Low quality materials, did not look like the website photos (mostly on the tops and dresses, the pants were somewhat better). Inconsistent and inaccurate sizing. Awkward fit. You will return most of it at your expense; don't try exchanges because you'll end up in a return/exchange loop paying shipping every time and eventually losing all your money for nothing or paying twice as much for anything you keep (and the items are overpriced to begin with)."

Venus Swimwear User

"dishonest, they charged us 6.95 for a label, a sticker, thought it was 6.95 for return ground shipping to return wrong size clothing. Turns out they charged us another 13.00 for the shipping. So our refund on a 22.00 top was 2.05. ABSOLUTE DISHONEST SCUM. NEVER AGAIN!!!!"

"the chiffon dress I received from venus was completely see-through, threads hanging off every seam, glued on glitter falling off and sticks to my skin. it is cheap and clearly not as pictured in the catalog. its not worth sending back due to shipping cost and nothing I could ever wear so I hope people read this and never order anything from venus!"

modified review This review was modified by wlgranny on August 06 2014 11:52:06 AM

"I ordered a blouse for my mother, for her birthday. It's been a month and a half, and the package still hasn't arrive. I will be filing a Charge back from my credit card company!!! Worst online retailer I've ever encountered. Do yourself a favor, and avoid doing business with this company Venus.com "

modified review This review was modified by acid2rain on August 05 2014 06:38:00 AM

"I ordered a dress for my relative in the USA, I am in the UK.

Well the first issue, their site has a field to select if the billing address is different, this I did as it was a birthday gift purchase.
Only after check out did the address come up as the same as the delivery address (the USA address)I immediately contacted them and was assured that this would be dealt with after chatting with an online agent named Fendi. And I requested an email confirmation that this was being done.

The following day I checked and it was the same - nothing was changed and no email confirmation received. I went into the change information area and changed this, thinking it would reflect immediately, this did not happen.I sent them an email complaint relating that the Billing Address is a London address and the Delivery address is a USA address.

This is the response I received: ''Good Morning,Thank you for your recent email. We apologize for any inconvenience. At this time, the order has not shipped. All International shipping information must be entered by a supervisor and not the chat representative. This information would have been hand written and submitted to a supervisor to complete the International shipping information. I am happy to take the information once again and resubmit to the appropriate supervisor.''

I emailed again stating that I do not require International Shipping and a gain repeated the issue, I have not received a response.I then went to chat with their online advisors where I repeated my issue again, and how irate I was and disappointed as this was my first time experience with this company.Lani - the advisor then stated that for international orders and shipping, I again told her it is not an international shipping it is being delivered to a USA address.

She then said to me that - and this is where I think this company is not secure and can be replicating customers credit/bank card details - she says to me I must provide her with the billing address again AND, provide her with the name of my bank, the address of my bankers, their telephone number and some other bank related number and they then have to call the bank and then call the deliver address to make verifications? They cannot authorise any payment until they make all those checks.

While talking to her I checked my bank account online and therein my pending transactions is VENUS.COM. REALLY....this is the first time in my online shopping that some one has requested all of this information.So if you needed all that info and you can't request funds until, why is there a payment request pending in my account and why is the billing address on their systems still the same as the delivery address????????????????

I told her that is was sounding fraudulent and dodgy and I would like to cancel, she got very defensive and then stated I need your billing details again to clear it up and your bankers information otherwise can I go ahead and cancel and disconnect this call.

I said to her please cancel my order.

Guess what my order is still NOT CANCELLED. I've sent them an email to this effect that they are basically doing fraud.

Still waiting on a response.

When did this happen: 16th into 17th JULY 2014

modified review This review was modified by PD72 on July 17 2014 09:30:09 AM

"I placed my first order with Venus.com last week. After my order, I realized I had made an error. Customer service was polite and promptly made the correction when I called. When I received my items I did not like all of them. I see other people complaining about the quality of the products but what were you expecting for these low prices? Anyway, I called and told them I was leaving on a cruise in six days and wanted to return some items and try some different items. I called at 11 pm on a Saturday night and spoke to a polite and knowledgeable customer service rep who overnighted the products I wanted at no shipping charge, saying- So if you are not completely happy we will have time to get you what you want before your cruise. The return process for the other items was simple and convenient allowing me to use either UPS or the postal service. Amazing service after the sale; I will use this company again."

modified review This review was modified by NurseApril on June 15 2014 01:43:36 PM

"Don't waste your money! Purchased Blue Multi (BLMU) Paisley Print Babydoll Top (Style #J9023). size was too big, elastic under bust was stretched out and colour was not true to the picture as it was very dull and old looking. Fabric was cheap. Also ordered a cruise line top that was made of cheap broadcloth normally used for pattern prototypes. Will not be ordering from Venus again as a result."

modified review This review was modified by Ali50 on December 07 2013 10:44:27 PM

"I have ordered from them at least a half dozen times for everything from bathing suits, dresses, tops, and sweaters and never once had a major issue! Sure, a few items didn't fit here and there (particularly bathing suits) but honestly that's the risk you take of ordering online without being able to try it on! Even in stores, I can range through 2 or 3 different sizes and it's very difficult to find bathing suits that fit. I never had a problem returning for a refund, exchanging for a different size, or getting a credit slip and using it later. I did have an issue paying online with the credit slip, but I simply called the phone number (was connected instantly), and they were able to process it over the phone and let me use the additional savings promo code that was for web only orders. If I needed something by a specific date, I made sure to pay extra for the expedited shipping and they never failed to get here in time. I think people need to be more realistic of shopping for clothes online and the inherent risks that are involved with it (sizing, shipping speed, shipping costs). Also, read the fine print about returns/exchanges first. Venus has never left me surprised about their policies. This store will continue to be one of my top 3 stores for online shopping."

modified review This review was modified by kriscarm on October 23 2013 01:03:51 PM

"I bought 2 pairs of pants, the camouflage cargo pant and the black coated denim pant. I'm usually a size 4 but according to their sizing I'm a 6. They fit perfect.
The only down side is that the fly (zipper) on the camo pant broke after wearing them twice. The teeth broke right off and so did the piece you pull upwards to zip the zipper!
I brought it to a seamstress and it ended up costing me $22 to get it replaced.
The coated denim pants are fine so far, they just have a funny smell.
I also ordered the faux leather sleeve sweater in a size small (I'm usually a medium)it fits perfect as well.
Their sizes are a bit off but if you follow the measurements they have you're good.
I wouldn't say the quality is the best, it's average.

modified review This review was modified by Laurarm89 on October 10 2013 10:04:23 AM

"Ok, venus get's a 3.5 from me. Venus has really cute clothing and I am satisfied with the items I received. Also, for the most part, they have good customer service with the exception of a few employees that were rude which is expected..every company has a few bad apples.. but for the most part, they have people that try and work with you. However, I have to give them a 3.5 because of all of the shipment related issues that I have had with them. Let me explain what I mean. Okay, I ordered a ton of items from them two of which were backordered which I was aware of before I made the purchase. I received my order in three business days after it was processed which I thought was awesome, however, one of the items that I ordered, they forgot to place it in my package and when I called them to tell the that it was not there, they informed me that item is now on backorder until August....August and my original order was placed in June. They did try and compensate me by upgrading my shipment to overnight but I hate that I have to wait until August to get an item that should have been in my package. Another example, I ordered two shirts that were on backorder when I placed my order. The shirts were not in the day that was given for the shirts to be in. When I called customer service, they told that they can only put an "expected date" on the website because they are depending on the company to ship the products to them which is fine and absolutely understandable but I feel like they should word it that way on the website so customers would know what to expect before they place their order. However, I have to say that they did try and work with me by again upgrading the shipment. Lastly, their return process is a bit of a headache. Now they almost always offer free shipment with purchases over $100, but you do have to pay for shipment for returns which they state in their policy so I'm okay with that. However, the process itself is a headache because it can take a while for you to receive your exchange back. I am still waiting on my exchange because I had to send a dress back that was too small (which was my fault because I ordered a size smaller because some reviews stated their clothes run big). I am also waiting for a refund to post back to my card so Ill let you know if that went smoothly or not...fingers crossed!

So all in all Venus unfortunately gets a 3.5 from me because although they have awesome clothing and good customer service for the most part, this shipment/return issues and the few rude customer service reps bring their score down...and it's sad because I really like their clothing/swimsuits. I'm not going to be like some and state not to order from them because everyone's experience is different and Im not absolutely sure that Im not going to order from them again. I guess Im just going to wait to see what happens with my refund, my exchange and my now backordered dress before I make a decision!

modified review This review was modified by RC86 on July 01 2013 05:58:42 PM

"I found this company last year and ordered some sweaters and a dress for my upcoming Christmas party. Ordering was easy and everything came within a few days except for one item that was on backorder but that arrived a few days later. I LOVED everything so much that I ordered some tops, dresses, and a bathing suit for my summer vacation. I cannot express how happy I am with my order, especially with the swimsuit which I was really reluctant to order online. The top and bottom fit perfectly and the quality was great. I had one dress that was little big but the exchange process was quick and super easy. Venus is my new go-to online store!"

modified review This review was modified by Sabrina32 on June 23 2013 05:45:25 PM

"Canadian Shoppers beware of Venus!

Venus is a horrible company to buy from and their customer service is crap too!

I ordered a few things from them, I was sent an e-mail to pay all duties and fees prior to shipment, which I did. When the items arrived, the sizes of a few things were too big, ( if you ask me, I think their sizes are a bit off ).

Anyways, I returned the item for exchange, unaware that I would be charged new Duties, Taxes and Custom Fees on my return for exchange! Now I am stuck with a new 40$CAD fee on two items worth 78$ in total. Can you imagine??? I just wish they had display their crappy way of doing business prior to me spending my money with them. Their response to my concern was, pay the new fees and request a re-imbursement from customs. How hard can it be to indicate that this is just an item "returned for exchanged" and not a new purchase.

I think it is a very crappy way of doing business. I have shopped numerous times with many other online companies in the States, never have I had such an awful experience. Revolve clothing is one of my favs. Shopping with them is a breeze from beginning to the end. Also I discovered that I can get the some similar and pretty cool items I purchased from Venus pretty much from my local Forever21 stores instead of going with Venus.

Please Canadians, unless you are willing to shell more money uselessly if you have to do a return with this company, avoid them like the plague!

modified review This review was modified by VenusIsAUselessHassel on May 23 2013 01:42:06 PM

"I ordered 4 items from Venus and everything arrived within 3 days and I LOVED everything. The swimsuits fit perfectly and are well made. One dress was too big so I returned it and the new size arrived with no issues and no hassles. I have ordered from Venus several times over the past many years and I LOVE this company!"

"Canadian buyer beware!!! I will. NEVER EVER purchase from Venus again. Along with paying for the merchandise you need to pay duties and taxes. As soon as I received the email that I needed to pay duties and taxes I called Venus to cancel my order as I felt like it was no longer worth the money. They went on to tell me that it was too late because the order was already processed. Keep in mind that I called to cancel within an hour of placing the order (the pay for duty and taxes email was sent almost immediately). The product arrives but from the fairly large order I kept one item and returned the rest. When returning not only does the consumer have to pay the shipping fees but also broker fees! What a bunch of BS!!! Why don't they have a system like Victoria Secret does where returns are sent to a local warehouse in the city and they send the products back without the customer having to pay extra for an international shipment and broker fees? NEVER AGAIN ..... EVER!!!!"

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member
Venus Swimwear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!