Venus Swimwear Reviews - venus.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.17/10 39 reviews

Venus Swimwear is not a merchant member
Venus Swimwear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Don't waste your money! Purchased Blue Multi (BLMU) Paisley Print Babydoll Top (Style #J9023). size was too big, elastic under bust was stretched out and colour was not true to the picture as it was very dull and old looking. Fabric was cheap. Also ordered a cruise line top that was made of cheap broadcloth normally used for pattern prototypes. Will not be ordering from Venus again as a result."

modified review This review was modified by Ali50 on December 07 2013 10:44:27 PM

Rating 4/102/5

"I bought 2 pairs of pants, the camouflage cargo pant and the black coated denim pant. I'm usually a size 4 but according to their sizing I'm a 6. They fit perfect.
The only down side is that the fly (zipper) on the camo pant broke after wearing them twice. The teeth broke right off and so did the piece you pull upwards to zip the zipper!
I brought it to a seamstress and it ended up costing me $22 to get it replaced.
The coated denim pants are fine so far, they just have a funny smell.
I also ordered the faux leather sleeve sweater in a size small (I'm usually a medium)it fits perfect as well.
Their sizes are a bit off but if you follow the measurements they have you're good.
I wouldn't say the quality is the best, it's average.

modified review This review was modified by Laurarm89 on October 10 2013 10:04:23 AM

"I found this company last year and ordered some sweaters and a dress for my upcoming Christmas party. Ordering was easy and everything came within a few days except for one item that was on backorder but that arrived a few days later. I LOVED everything so much that I ordered some tops, dresses, and a bathing suit for my summer vacation. I cannot express how happy I am with my order, especially with the swimsuit which I was really reluctant to order online. The top and bottom fit perfectly and the quality was great. I had one dress that was little big but the exchange process was quick and super easy. Venus is my new go-to online store!"

modified review This review was modified by Sabrina32 on June 23 2013 05:45:25 PM

"Canadian Shoppers beware of Venus!

Venus is a horrible company to buy from and their customer service is crap too!

I ordered a few things from them, I was sent an e-mail to pay all duties and fees prior to shipment, which I did. When the items arrived, the sizes of a few things were too big, ( if you ask me, I think their sizes are a bit off ).

Anyways, I returned the item for exchange, unaware that I would be charged new Duties, Taxes and Custom Fees on my return for exchange! Now I am stuck with a new 40$CAD fee on two items worth 78$ in total. Can you imagine??? I just wish they had display their crappy way of doing business prior to me spending my money with them. Their response to my concern was, pay the new fees and request a re-imbursement from customs. How hard can it be to indicate that this is just an item "returned for exchanged" and not a new purchase.

I think it is a very crappy way of doing business. I have shopped numerous times with many other online companies in the States, never have I had such an awful experience. Revolve clothing is one of my favs. Shopping with them is a breeze from beginning to the end. Also I discovered that I can get the some similar and pretty cool items I purchased from Venus pretty much from my local Forever21 stores instead of going with Venus.

Please Canadians, unless you are willing to shell more money uselessly if you have to do a return with this company, avoid them like the plague!

modified review This review was modified by VenusIsAUselessHassel on May 23 2013 01:42:06 PM

"I ordered 4 items from Venus and everything arrived within 3 days and I LOVED everything. The swimsuits fit perfectly and are well made. One dress was too big so I returned it and the new size arrived with no issues and no hassles. I have ordered from Venus several times over the past many years and I LOVE this company!"

"Canadian buyer beware!!! I will. NEVER EVER purchase from Venus again. Along with paying for the merchandise you need to pay duties and taxes. As soon as I received the email that I needed to pay duties and taxes I called Venus to cancel my order as I felt like it was no longer worth the money. They went on to tell me that it was too late because the order was already processed. Keep in mind that I called to cancel within an hour of placing the order (the pay for duty and taxes email was sent almost immediately). The product arrives but from the fairly large order I kept one item and returned the rest. When returning not only does the consumer have to pay the shipping fees but also broker fees! What a bunch of BS!!! Why don't they have a system like Victoria Secret does where returns are sent to a local warehouse in the city and they send the products back without the customer having to pay extra for an international shipment and broker fees? NEVER AGAIN ..... EVER!!!!"

"I Ordered 3 swim suits. They are not sized correctly. Either top too small or too big same for bottoms. Not one fit correctly. Free shipping is a joke. I returned all 3 suits. They penalize you if don't keep suits by charging you shipping. It took them 3 days to credit my card after they received the suits. Only after I called them 2 days in a row did they tell me of my reduced credit back on my card. I lost a total of about 12.00 Save your money!"

modified review This review was modified by bradley79 on February 09 2013 05:14:07 PM

"HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Customer service. The representative (Laina) and the manager (Michelle) both acted like I was bothering them. Maybe I interrupted their break or something. Anywho, Venus sent an email stating that my package would be here on a specific date. UPS says that the package goes to the post posy office which was never explained. Just a big mess to sum it all up. Will never order from them again!!!"

"This company has the worst customer service! It takes 20 minutes to try and get someone on live chat to even answer your question, and when they do, they are wrong! I asked how a dress fit and the girl said it ran small so i ordered a size up and it was huge! The dress didn't run small at all. Trying to send it back is a nightmare as well. DO NOT order from this company. They have no idea what they are doing and the clothes aren't worth it."

"***BUYER BEWARE OF SHADY BUSINESS****
The clothing is awesome but if something doesn't fit and you ship it back they charge a shipping fee, and 6.95 to use the piece of paper known as the return label. They are scammers. So if you order a 30.00 item, send it back, and use the return label, they charge 9.95 shipping and 6.95 for the return label. So you will get a refund of 13.10.

"Terrible place to do business with. I ordered a swimsuit, and my credit card was billed on Oct 18. I still have seen no product, and a dozen phone calls and emails have gotten me nowhere. Mastercard says they give the merchant 30 days, to call them back Tuesday .. and they will treat this as credit card fraud. They care a lot more about their customers than Venus."

modified review This review was modified by me-in-ottawa on November 15 2012 08:31:39 AM

"Poor service !!! Send items back and got a partial refund .
Call customer support and they blame me that I remove the tag or it's just missing . Stay away from the store - scammers.

"Horrible, awful, bad experience. There were no pictures of the back view, but I assumed seeing the fronts, and backs views of other outfits, that it would be like how it looked from the front -cute, classic, stylish. It was on sale and I thought I was getting a good deal. I guess you get what you pay for, and Im sure glad I didnt pay full price. A zipper piece was sewn on the back in such a horrible fashion with was is almost a two in patch going along the entire length of zipper. They didnt even try to hide the zipper. And the huge patchwork was a different color than the piece i bought. It looked like it was inside out. When i realized it wasnt, that this was the part that was out when id wear it, I realized it was not wearable. When i showed my hisband he said "you cant wear that, why would they do that?". As a man who knows nothing about fashion, he knew this was not ok. I will NEVER buy from Venus again. Plus, it took forever to ship. Almost 2 full weeks. So my build up made it worse. I was excited when it finally came, only to find this horrible product."

"This company is HORRIBLE!!! First off, they are very rude on the phone and they are never willing to help you. I have called MULTIPLE of times and yet to hear a correct response. They always say, they are right. Make a long story short. I placed 2 orders with them, hated all the articles of clothing and returned them. Remind you, they were 2 DIFFERENT returns. Well, I only received one refund for my return and yet to have the other order refunded. Everytime I call, they have said that they refunded my card and that my bank is wrong. Well I have called my bank and they looked into too and the 2nd return wasn't even refunded to my card. So now I have to file a dispute with my bank so they can get MY money refunded back to my card.

Venus steals people money and they don't even care. I have yelled at them multiple times and even told them they steal people's money. Not to mention, they have horrible customer service, horrible clothing, horrible retuns shipping fee's. I will NEVER order from this company again and I will make sure that everybody that I knows will order from them too.

"Being a 19-year-old large-chested girl has almost made me give up hope on finding an adequately fitting and supporting swimsuit. After countless trips to Target and other decently priced stores and hours of online searching, it seems that if you're busty, you're forced into wearing horrendous floral and black swimdresses and tankinis. I don't understand why more retailers can't make bra-sized swimwear as I wear a 36DD. Luckily I found venus.com and what do you know, I found beautiful underwire bikini tops. I ordered the "Marylin" bra in the DD size and it fits wonderfully. A lot of the reviews are saying that the sizes run big. I am a size 10-12 on top and a size 14 on bottom, and this top is a perfect fit. Thank you venus.com for letting me feel confident and pretty on my upcoming cruise!"

modified review This review was modified by nessalto on July 26 2012 08:11:19 PM