VenusPuzzle.com / Venus Reviews - venuspuzzle.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 9.33/10 32 reviews

VenusPuzzle.com / Venus is not a merchant member
VenusPuzzle.com / Venus does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Excellent A+++ Great product, shockingly fast shipping to Canada"

modified review This review was modified by WalkJ on May 29 2013 01:47:50 PM

"Ordered the 2,000 pc puzzle. Every time we contacted them they replied promptly. A small mistake was made with our order and they dealt with it rapidly and did far more than just amend the problem. Also, I still cannot understand how they got the puzzle to us so quickly, but I'm not complaining! Overall, excellent customer service.

The price was a great deal. Some of the puzzle pieces on a large puzzle like ours were almost identical. But with the good picture quality, it was easy to not put it in the wrong place. The trick with the larger puzzles is to submit a high quality file that does not have large areas of a solid color (unless you take your sanity lightly), not just one ordinary picture you took with your joe camera. For us, we put together a collage of almost 200 pictures and submitted that file and it turned out amazing. There were a few lines in the puzzle where the ink was off by a hair but you really really had to look close to notice. Not a big deal at all.

You can pay extra to get "fancier" pieces and a higher probability of an absolutely perfect print job, but I would say Venus Puzzle is the best bang or your buck, hands down.

Rating 8/104/5

"Hi everybody!

I ordered a 1000 piece puzzle on Monday, I paid via paypal and Friday evening the DHL postman was already ringing. Very quickly.

Because he couldnt find the doorbell he called me and I ran downstairs to pick up my puzzle.

The ordering, the service and the quality.

My first impression after paying was, oh my god, is this a scam site?
Because I have not received a confirmatin email after ordering,
and even after paying. moreover the domain ending was .de but the registered person lives in Slovakia, so I just got a little shock.

SO I contacted the service and within few hours I received an email and I was relieved again.
Meanwhile I was checking the interent and I found many reviews about this website, so I knew everything is going to be fine.

The puzzle color quality is amazing and the price is the cheapest comparing to others.

SO why just 4/5 Stars?

Because doing the 1000 puzzle there were simply too many puzzle pieces that fit in more than just one place perfectly.

I chose an average difficult image but it took more than 40 hours to complete it. Even the border which is done quickly was thanks to the many similar puzzle pieces a torture.

I could finish the border only after finishing the rest of the puzzle.

All in All I am happy with the finished puzzle and I will definitely order again there, maybe in my next vacation the panorama puzzle. =)

"For those that do not wish to read the whole review, let me just say that my recent purchase from Venus Puzzle was remarkable (and I am a pretty cynical person!). The quality of the product and online purchase experience has undoubtedly been one of the best I have ever had. I highly recommend their product.

When I first decided to buy a puzzle as a present I was concerned that I’d get some flimsy paper-thin product of minimal print quality. I did a bit of reading and visited a number of sites online. With no foreknowledge of what to look for I found a bunch of information about the differing quality of the cardboards used and methods of production. During this process I discovered Venus Puzzle.

When I found that they were located in Slovakia I was a bit nervous. Not because of Slovakia itself as a location, but simply due to the geographic distance from Canada. I have has problems with vendors within my own borders and the USA that took ages to resolve, let alone across the Atlantic. If, for example, the item was lost in transit, what remedies would I have? What about the language barrier? (Slovak isn’t one of my strengths!)

Since they took Paypal, I felt there was a level of security there, so I went ahead and placed the order (December 6th 2012). The instructions and submission was simple and painless. The dimensions and desired resolution for each puzzle are clearly given. I finished the picture and cropped it in Photoshop to the proper dimensions and DPI (dots per inch = pixels per inch). After the upload the system ran some preliminary evaluation routine on the file and said it was fine.

Within 7 days the puzzle was on my doorstep in Canada!! It was in perfect condition in a bubble DHL bag and protective box. The ‘actual’ puzzle box was also quite nice. The print quality of the box was very nice and the box itself was excellent quality.

After the holidays my mother (obviously the recipient of the gift and a puzzle fiend) began to put the 1000 pieces together. The actual quality of the image as well as the cardboard itself was noticeably excellent. While the pieces aren’t as huge and the piece shapes themselves aren’t as glaringly different as some puzzles, there is more than enough diversity to make placement obvious (besides – this IS a puzzle – it is supposed to be challenging!).

The ONE mistake I DID make was not realizing that they offered square puzzles as well. Large Puzzles and Square puzzles are both listed in the main menu, but I didn’t look carefully enough and went directly to ‘Large’. Since my picture was well suited for ‘Square’ I ended up with the left and right sides being a relatively solid colour. This isn’t a huge issue, but solid colours ARE fairly challenging! But then that was my mistake. I mention it only so others don’t make a similar error.

When the main part of the puzzle (the square middle section - hehe) was complete, we did notice a slight alignment issue across the middle. To most people this would not have been noticeable, but I am one of these overly critical/cynical types. It appeared to be a slight manufacturing defect, but I wasn’t sure so I contacted Venus via the online form. It was 3pm my time which meant it was 9pm in Slovakia. I frankly expected a reply sometime within a week or so – if that.

To my surprise, they replied within the hour. The representative asked me to forward a picture of the issue (which I did) and within 3 hours of my initial mail, they had indicated that the cutting machine had caused the alignment issue and offered to replace the puzzle at no charge. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I spent 15 years working for a manufacturer (computer motherboards and components) and the policies for replacement were always very burdensome on the customer. They ALWAYS involved return of the defective product even when we knew the issue was legitimate.

I have always considered that the best way to judge a product and/or manufacturer is how customer issues are dealt with. There isn’t ONE manufacturer on the planet that won’t encounter at least some issues – even as minor as a slight slip of a cutting head. A good response from the manufacturer indicates ONE thing. The overall production quality is SO good that they can easily afford to deal with all customer issues in a timely and pleasant fashion.

Although I don’t buy many puzzles personally, I WILL buy from them again. I have many friends who enjoy them and now I have a great place to go to for these unique gifts. I have already mentioned them to numerous people.

So – in conclusion – if you are looking to buy a custom puzzle, look no further. You will not be disappointed. Excellent product, excellent delivery time (internationally) and most importantly, excellent customer service.

modified review This review was modified by SASampson on February 11 2013 02:54:52 PM

"I was very pleasantly surprised to receive the puzzle so quickly! As this is a xmas gift it took the stress out of waiting & hoping it would arrive in time. I found Venus Puzzles to be VERY efficient & prompt, they answered any questions I had very quickly. The box looks absolutely fantastic. I can’t wait for my Mum to open it for Xmas, besides seeing her reaction, I really want to see the jigsaw pieces. We will definitely be using their services again in the future!!

"Unbelievable! Less than 4 days from ordering to delivery in Australia! Could not be more impressed with the service and quality of the puzzle. Perhaps the colours could have been a little more vibrant, it appears a touch too bright despite the original pic being very vivid, but overall this was a great first experience and I'm searching for my next photo to upload!"

"I wanted a special present for my sister's birthday and she was delighted with her new puzzle! She has completed hundreds of jigsaw puzzles over the years and was very pleased with the thickness, the quality of the cuts, and materials used to make the pieces.

I had a bit of difficulty downloading my photo file but they were very helpful in getting that resolved. I was truly impressed with the level of customer service provided. They were very professional, polite, and quick to respond. What brought it over the top was that my download was completed on Saturday night and the puzzle was at my doorstep by Wednesday afternoon! Amazing!

I have recommended Venus Puzzle to friends at work.

"Wow. I literally ordered this puzzle 3 days ago and it is now in my hands from across the world. I was honestly a little nervous ordering a product from so far away, but have no fear, they are the real deal. From the box, to the pieces, to delivery, everything is excellent. Thank you!"

"Very happy with Venus! From order to delivery was less then a week. It was one of those experiences where you tell everyone you know how great it was!
And with DHL on line tracking it was like I was escorting the package myself.
Every interaction with the site was perfect.
I sent my photo to Venus to see if it was suitable for a jigsaw. Virtually instant response with suggestions and recommendations.
I ordered my jigsaws. Virtually instant production of the jigsaws.
And they were in my hands in less then a week.
The whole experience was above my expectations.
Congratulations to everyone from the team at venuspuzzle.com
Very, very happy.

Rating 4/102/5

"Last Christmas I ordered two 1000 piece puzzles from VenusPuzzle.com, and this year I will be ordering elsewhere.

I looked at a lot of user reviews before ordering, and nobody mentioned the problem I had, so I am leaving this to help others like me.

Everything was great with my VenusPuzzles puzzles except the cut pattern -- the shape of the tabs are too similar. There are multiple pieces which will fit perfectly with a given piece. The colors along the top and bottom of my images were pretty uniform (carpet, grass, and distant trees), so the borders had to be done primarily by shape, which usually isn't a problem, but with this puzzle it was. Usually we do the border of a puzzle first, but with this puzzle, for most of the length of the top and bottom edges, there were dozens of ways it would go together perfectly, and you couldn't tell it was wrong until the last piece failed to fit. The borders were the hardest part and we didn't actually get it correct until the very end (when we had two tabs to match). This was frustrating for the some of the people in my family. If your image has a visual differences at the edges, your puzzle experience will be better.

The most surprising thing was that I found two pieces in the puzzle which are identically-shaped. I can take out those two pieces and switch their places and they fit perfectly on all four sides. I don't think that is normal for a jigsaw puzzle.

The 513-piece puzzle I got last year from portraitpuzzles.com was equal in quality (VenusPuzzle's cardboard may be a little better -- I haven't compared them side-by-side), but it had a much better cut pattern. Maybe the 1000-piece from portraitpuzzles has the piece shape problem, too. And maybe the 500-piece VenusPuzzle is better. I don't know, and I'm not going to spend $30-$40 to find out. I'm only getting one puzzle this year, and it will be a 513-piece from portraitpuzzles.com.

"I ordered a picture puzzle from these guys after looking around at the various options online.

Was very happy with my decision - the quality of the pieces is very good. Additionally, it arrived very quickly - I ordered on a Thursday, and I got it Monday around noon.

I'm absolutely planning on reordering from these guys next time I get a puzzle.

"This company was MOST accommodating, even when I changed my order. The service I received was the FASTEST, most courteous - and I do LOTS of online ordering! Thank goodness there are honest companies like Venus Puzzle - I won't hesitate to place future orders. "

"After trying 3 different puzzle companys from around the world Venus puzzle is by far the best I have come across.The color reproduction is spot on.The piecies fit perfectly as I do each puzzle I`m getting them framed to hang up.The actuall time to send the photo to the company then recieve the product it is in days not weeks as with the others that I have delt with.At this stage I have ordered 9 puzzles through them no problems and will continue in the future.To sum it up they know what they are doing."

"Fantastic!
I had issues on my end with attaching the photo for a custom made puzzle, but hey no worries, with all the emails I kept sending, I was replied back with courteousness, kindness, and a determination to help me in any way possible. To me, the most important aspect in running a business is communication with customers. If I don't have that, I'll be gone, no matter how good a product is. Venus ticked this box for me.
I must admit I was sceptical about purchasing from the internet (and by saying so if I ever do this, it is usually with companies in my own country, or the USA). What made me feel comfortable to go ahead, was the use of PayPal. In the end I gave it a shot, and I was not disappointed whatsoever.
Every question I had was immediately answered. As soon as I placed my order, the order was being processed. Two days later my order was dispatched. Another two days later, I received my package.
With all that, I tracked my order from leaving Slovakia, and coming all the way to me in Sydney, Australia using the DHL website.
When I received the puzzle, I was half expecting it to be mediocre in quality (for the price I was paying) but I must say I was quite delighted when I opened the box. The picture came out just right and it had a great finish on top. It's not just a paper image stuck on cardboard. They did something to it of which I don't know the details. All I can say is, as a consumer, it looked great and I was pleased.

I'm glad that I purchased the product from Venus, and I'll be telling all my friends about this place!!!
Good work fellas!!

Nicky :-)

"This Christmas I wanted to get a friend of mine a very special gift and couldn't think of anything better for her than getting a puzzle made with her favorite picture on it. She had a once in a life time opportunity to meet her favorite singer and was able to get her and her sisters picture taken with him. I spent hours on the internet looking at different companies that sold picture puzzles. Most that I came across either did not make 1,000 piece puzzles or the price of one was over $100.00 no including shipping. On my last attempt to find a company that could help me make this perfect Christmas present, I finally found Venus Puzzles. I was amazed in the difference in prices for their 1,000 piece puzzle and excited that my search had finally ended. It was easy to order online and I received my puzzle within a week or so. I was so excited when it was delivered I was literally jumping up and down. The picture was printed on the outside of the box and it looked AWSOME. I couldn't resist so I opened the box to see what the puzzle pieces looked like fully expecting them not to be of the highest quality because there was such a price difference of the other companies I had originally looked at. I was wrong. The puzzle pieces were amazing. The quality of them was better than any I have seen before. I couldn't believe it. The perfect gift idea really did turn out to be the perfect gift and my friend was overjoyed when she opened it. I can't wait until I need another unique gift idea (or maybe something special just for myself) so I can order another Venus Puzzle. I will continue to spread the word to all of my puzzle fanatic friends about Venus Puzzle and what a great experience all of this was. Thank you so much! "