Stores > Velocity Micro

• Customer Support: 8044190900
    • Business Hours: 9am-10pm Mon-Fri
    • Fax: 8044190900

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Velocity Micro by clicking a star below.

2017-03-23

Couldnt have asked for better

"Truly world class experience! With a top notch product. "

This review was modified by PrincetonOrangeLimpet on March 28 2017 12:00:12 AM

2017-03-22

It just doesn't get any better!!

"This is the second purchase that I have made from Velocity Micro. The purchase experience was exceptional. The sales person was knowledgeable, professional and extremely helpful. He recommended a laptop based on my needs and I received a unit customized for me.
The technical support is the best that I have ever experienced. I called and spoke to Anthony who was knowledgeable, cordial and very patient. And, because it is US based, I never had to say "excuse me" or "could you repeat that". Anthony took all the time necessary to resolve my issue and made sure that all my questions were answered. I cannot imagine a better experience with a company.
Do yourself a favor and make your next purchase from Velocity Micro; your nerves will thank you!

This review was modified by DennisBonelli on March 24 2017 11:15:02 PM

2017-03-10

Quality

"I am the kind of person who spends hours researching every major purchase for quality and value. I bought my first Velocity Micro (VM) system in 2011 and have just purchased my fifth system. We are a family who uses computers heavily. We have never had a single problem with any VM system and they are all still in use. I have phoned their technical hotline with many questions and have always received friendly and courteous service. Their builds are a work of art, beautiful aluminum cases, all cables routed professionally, and most importantly, all components are brand name, top of the line. No low cost, generic junk here. The computers are packaged and shipped better than any product I have ever purchased. Their prices may seem a little higher than the bargain brand companies you see advertised in magazines but when you research exactly what quality hardware you are getting with these companies as well as the quality and location of their customer service, you will choose Velocity Micro, in Virginia, USA. Check them out. You will look no further.

This review was modified by Robert-L33 on March 14 2017 12:15:14 AM

2017-01-29

Velocity Micro makes Awesome machines!

"I'm a longtime Dell customer, I preferred their simple online ordering process (even if the hardware was a bit lower quality compared to other boutique builders). I customized a Raptor Z55, which was the first to offer Intel i7-7700 quad processor (and their cost to build a similar system at Origin, Dell, and Digital Storm was just a bit cheaper too). Overall, a really solid customer experience, the system shipped just a week after I placed the order. Very happy. "

This review was modified by dave_kozlowski on January 31 2017 03:00:01 PM

2017-01-06

Velocity Micro is exactly the change you need to make

"I'd imagine I'm not alone in feeling this way about my new Velocity, but it has saved me from the stress, poor service, and proprietary garbage that brands like Dell and HP shove down your throat when you buy their junk.

My Velocity shipped faster than I expected exactly to order. It is a beautiful machine, free of bloatware, fast as a whip, and runs everything that I throw at it. It's got tons of room for expansion and is compatible with upgrades.

After being a slave to big manufacturers for several years and running through the customer service gauntlets of Dell and HP just trying to get basic deficiencies of their junk resolved, the Velocity has all of the things that I had hoped to save this stress - Great service and a great product. I would highly, highly recommend it if you're sick and tired of being treated like crap by companies that have no interest in giving you a product for what you're actually trying to do.

2016-12-31

Exactly what I wanted

"Ordered a PC about 2 years ago from Velocity Micro, and it has worked like a charm. So when it came time to replace my wife's older Dell, of course I chose Velocity. The machine arrived about 5 days after placing the order and I've been continuously impressed by the how solidly the new machine has performed. Being my household tech support, there have been considerably fewer calls from the other room asking about this or that. The machine has been a solid, fast, quiet performer and was well under my target budget."

2016-12-18

Attention to Details and Customer Service wins the Race!!

"I researched for weeks before getting a gaming laptop. I previously owned a Malibal, my son has a Xidax, and my father-in-law has an Origin PC. All are great companies and comparable in the $2000 range for an entry level gaming laptop. Velocity Micro was the most responsive in requesting additional information and they know their products other companies have a sales staff that "has to get back to you" but never actually answers questions. Velocity answered all questions specifically, and explained the answers.

So I was looking at Maingear, Xotic, Xidax, Origin, Malibal, Falcon Northwest & Avadirect. All are Clevo laptops that are customized to the end users gaming preferences.

I was shopping Black Friday sales, many companies seemed to have a better sale, but had an excessive up-cost in other parts like memory upgrade. Some offered mouse pads, headsets, and a gaming mouse, I have all that stuff. VM had the smallest sale price but their core pricing was the best and they have been in business 20+ years.

Having the laptop assembled by hand in the USA is a plus. The lifetime free customer support and the Lifetime upgrade plan are services that other companies charge a premium for and were a factor in me choosing Velocity Micro.

Another advantage was the cost for overclocking, increased memory and better thermal compound was more reasonable than other companies.

My 6 year old Malibal still runs, and my sons Xidax kicks ass, but I believe I got more bang for my buck with my MX50 from VM, I got the 3 year warranty, best price on that too.

The laptop runs great, a few minor hiccups, when I send an email I get an immediate response, often the problem is me not knowing how to do something, they are always helpful.

I would recommend Velocity Micro, other companies can sell you the same laptop it will cost you more and you are just a past sale. VM is a positive relationship that will endure over time, attention to details is key with me, next year I will be getting a new desktop and it will be a Velocity Micro.

2016-11-08

New Machine

"A little taken back by the construction of this computer. It felt very light, cheap, but noticed it the case was entirely built with aluminum. so that is a good thing I guess.
One of my biggest complaints was once I got the computer up and running, setup and registered, I wanted to installed two additional new Hard drives. This is the first computer I have ever bought that doesn't supply the needed hardware to do so. I made my own.
The biggest complaint is Windows 10. That was a big mistake ordering this with Windows 10. Nothing works with it. Had to upgrade my programs that I use for photo's and video. So many complaints online about this, it is beyond me why anyone would sell Windows 10 on computers they are trying to sell. That is my biggest complaint not to mention time waster trying to get everything to work.

2016-10-03

Quick(ish) and Slick

"I got a lot of laptop for my money from Velocity Micro. Perhaps best of all, it has no bloatware installed. Velocity Micro's custom build process reminds me of Dell back in the 1990s (in a good way). They were a few days slower with my laptop build than originally estimated, but shipping was faster so my computer only showed up a couple of days late. Based on my experience thus far, I would definitely buy from them again. I hope I'm singing the same tune one year from now, after my warranty expires."

2016-10-02

Great customer service and a great product!

"I ordered my customized Velocity Micro online. The process of ordering was very easy, with clear choices with the total cost updated as you added extra features. I had some difficulty with my payment, and Velocity was very sensitive to the timeliness of my request and assisted me with getting the payment through. I had problems with my current computer and lost my invoice number, and Velocity Micro quickly sent me another copy of my invoice. Delivery was on time and packaging was very good. I have only been using my new PC for a short time, but I am very satisfied with the ease of set up and ease of use. It is a larger tower, but very quiet and has that pretty blue glow. I love the customizable options and I am very satisfied with the price for comparable PCs. The customer service was great and I am told they offer lifetime US phone support, which is a huge plus. "

2016-09-20

everything perfect

"super fast with 4 monitors"

2016-09-12

Just what I was looking for!

"I am very happy with my new laptop. Speedy, lots of storage space, I like the look and feel of the keyboard, it's just the right size, really nothing negative to say at all!"

2016-09-06

Best laptop for college

"I got a Velocity Micro MX50 laptop for college, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase! It's hands down the fastest computer I've ever owned. The boot time is ridiculously fast; it run's CAD programs without even sweating; and as an added bonus, I have more than enough power to game when I have some free time.

As promised, there was no bloatware and all my software came preinstalled so set-up was a breeze.

I highly recommend Velocity Micro -- especially for college students!

Also-- their customer service is 2nd to none!

2016-08-30

A Screaming System from a Quiet Company

"I've been a very satisfied owner of a Z25 for two months now. From my initial contact with a few questions, through the ordering process (a few minutes), VM's sales staff were a pleasure to work with. I received my new PC within a week, and it has been working superbly ever since! "

2016-08-21

Great Computer, Took To long To Build

"Ordered on 7/30, received on 8/19. It was shipped on 8/17, the original ship date on the order showed 8/14. Since my other computer was down and out for the count, I really needed Velocity Micro to get my new computer to me ASAP. I must admit that the shipping dept. got it to me as soon as they could (2 days), and I really appreciate that. If I had a computer during the weeks I was waiting, I probably wouldn't have cared about the delay as much. My son got married on 8/7 and we had a lot of e-mails, pics and info going back and forth which I couldn't get at home. As far as the computer itself, looks great and seems to perform as promised. I would recommend Velocity Micro to anyone looking to buy a new computer. Looks like I just missed a sale in July when I ordered, and now that I have mine they have another sale. Considering when I got mine, I should get the current sale discount. LOL"

Share Velocity Micro's store rating

Velocity Micro is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Velocity Micro is a merchant member
Velocity Micro participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,429 merchant members.