• Velocity Micro Velocity Micro Elite Status

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.69/10 9.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.69/10 9.69/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

What is this?

"Thank you guys for a great machine at a great price! "

"I got everything I wanted, and didn't get bloat-ware I didn't want!"

"I have purchased/upgraded 2 gaming rigs and configured one S17 desktop replacement laptop with these folks, and I won't buy a computer from anyone else. I've gotten great component advice from them, and if I want something installed that they don't offer on their website...they will order and install it!

The few times that I've needed customer support, VM has had my back. No scripts, a live person from Virginia, and no BS = 5 stars+.

The S17 laptop that I recently ordered came with a personal Thank You note from one of their senior staff members. When is the last time any computer company did that your you?

Call VM and order something. You won't be disappointed...I promise!

"Ordering online was easy, the desktop was built as requested and shipped on time, and arrived in good condition. Setup was quick and easy and I am very happy with this purchase. "

"Item packed well, shipped fast. Item worked great."

"PC arrived on time . And has worked flawlessly since I set it up. Very pleased with the whole transaction."

"Really, a very good experience. I found the web site a bit harder to navigate than I would like (what are the specs on the BluRay player?), but when I sent a query I was given a prompt response. Outstanding shipping package, protecting the computer. Would definitely order again."

"Over the past 6 years, I have purchased 3 Velocity Micro Raptor computers, a Velocity Micro laptop, and a Velocity Micro GX2 computer. I had one motherboard fail under warranty, then in a couple of weeks, the replacement motherboard failed still under warranty. I decided to change motherboard brands. I ended up paying for 2 motherboards.

Recently, my oldest Raptor computer was sent to Velocity Micro for motherboard, processor, and memory upgrades. When I received it back from Velocity Micro, the computer wouldn't turn on. Phone conversation with their tech department deduced that the power supply was out. Since they hadn't replaced the power supply during the upgrade, they charged me for a new power supply.

One time I was on hold to their tech department being #1 in their queue for 1.5 hours and finally I gave up. I think, in the future, I'll do business with local computer distributors.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-26-2015

Velocity Micro, Velocity Micro rep has responded

“Hi Joe,

Sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your purchase and upgrade program. We do everything possible to avoid part failures, but they of course can and do happen on occasion. In regards to the longer wait times for support, this can happen during peak times, although it is rare.

If you need any additional assistance or if there's anything else that we can do for you, please do contact me directly at 888-300-4450 ext 2226. We do hope that you'll give us the opportunity to make you a happy customer again!

Josh”

"This was my third purchase from Velocity Micro over the past 5 years, and all 3 machines are running beautifully in our office without a single hiccup. The quality of the components and assembly are incomparable. I will happily buy from them again and again! "

"Velocity Micro produces a quality product and always delivers when they say they will."

"Best PC buying experience I have ever had. Great machine and the lack of bloatware is truly awesome. Buy your next PC from these guys!"

"Had to finally bite the bullet and upgrade from Windows XP, which I was reluctant to do because I have tons of legacy software that I use daily and didn't want to upgrade. I have skipped every other operation system since Windows 3.1, and when I heard how W7 had an improved compatibility mode I decided to give it a try. When I installed W7 on my wife's new laptop, I was impressed with W7's ability to run legacy software.

Velocity Micro built that XP system for me 7 years ago, and I was very pleased with the service, price, and support. So I went back to them for my new W7 system.

I need a high-end machine, since much of my work involves animation, graphics, and audio. So I went through their online "build your custom system" process just to get an idea of what this was going to cost. I didn't order, but received a proposal in the email. And shortly thereafter, I received a call from Nicholas Smith in sales.

Nicholas was extremely helpful, asked me what I would be using the computer for, and made several recommended changes to my original proposal (some of which cost me less). The changes that cost me more were well explained and I accepted them w/o question. He was knowledgeable, no-pressure, and (I might add) spoke clear and intelligible English.

I'll return to Velocity Micro for all my custom computer needs.

"Ordering was easy. Though the order status didn't always update. The only criticism I would have is that there was a loose screw in the bottom of the case rolling around. as there was no missing screws in the case upon inspection. I can only assume it was dropped and left there during assembly. Thankfully I heard it and got it out before it caused any damage. Other than that the experience was excellent and my new PC is fantastic."

"I began a search and found Velocity Micro along with 7 other companies listed on the site ComputersMadeInTheUSA.com that claim "American Made" or "Foreign and Domestic Parts Assembled in USA". This was a big draw for me being a patriotic American wanting to support our folks at home. I spent hours researching each of the companies and narrowed down my search. I needed a system that met or exceeded system requirements for running CAD/CAM softwares for around $1,500.00 USD. I quickly emailed the Velocity Micro Sales Team and was put in contact with a Nicholas Smith. It wasn't even 10 minutes later that I received a real live human response. Not an automated, "Thank you for your inquiry... a sales representative will be in contact with you shortly."

Nick and I exchanged a few emails back and forth as he had a couple questions about what I was looking for and he quickly pointed me in the direction of a model that would fit my needs. He sent me a PDF and ask if I would give him a call so we could further discuss options. This is where I got really excited. I called and was prompted by the company's automated system and pressed the option for the sales department... the phone didn't even ring twice. A voice answered the phone and I asked to speak with Nicholas Smith. "This is him..." the voice replied. I'm not sure but I think in that instant... I was sold. (Now this may seem like a small thing, but compared to the large tech companies most of us are familiar with that outsource your calls to some guy in freaking India that barely speaks English, it was huge.)

I spoke with Nick for about 5 or 10 minutes and I thanked him for his time. After reviewing the PDF and asking a few more questions about the model suggested and the company itself, I was pretty sure this is where I wanted to spend my money but I still wanted to explore all my options. I continued to email Nick back and forth quite a bit as he was curious about what other companies I was looking at and he was instantly familiar and pointed out some key facts about the other options I had been recommended that would either not meet my requirements or my budget. A couple of the other laptops I looked at had half the RAM or less of the Velocity Micro which outperformed all of them in the other major categories too... and for several grand cheaper at that.

I called VM again that Thursday afternoon and again pressed the option for the sales department. Ringgg.... Ringgg... "Hello, this is Nick with Velocity Micro how can I help you?" If it was luck the first time it definitely wasn't luck twice, right? I was blown away that both times I called and got the exact person I needed in less than thirty seconds. If that doesn't attest to the kind of superior quality customer service VM offers than I don't know what does.

To wrap this thing up, I quickly spoke with Nick and placed my order and arranged for it to be shipped. Nick said I should expect the package to arrive the following Tuesday... just three business days later. Feeling great about the money I just spent I thanked Nick again for his time and expertise and told him what a genuine pleasure it had been doing business with VM.

Had the order arrived the following Tuesday I would still have been just as excited about the whole process as I am now... but things didn't stop there. Saturday morning around 10 AM (Just a day and a half later) I was at home and the FedEx guy delivered the package at my door. VM had exceeded my expectations yet again and at no cost for the quick ship on top of that.

I promptly began to get into the very thoughtfully packed box and looked over the nice portfolio folder with VM's name on the front that contained my warranty, setup guide, and owner's manual. Also in the box was a genuine handwritten "Thank You" note from the company. I could not have been any happier than I was then if I had spent my money anywhere else. I then switched my computer on and admired the desktop that only contained two icons aside from the recycle bin. VM promises to provide it's customers with superb performance and none of the junk applications and programs the big companies load their stuff down with using up a good chunk of the advertised memory or storage you paid for. Now that being said my VM NoteMagix 15 wasn't some stripped down basic machine even though it is one of VM's entry models. It was far from it. It blew the competition out of the water across the board for it's class.

All in all, I could have not provided better customer service to myself if I wanted to. Velocity Micro offers their customers an unbelievable product at a more than competitive cost. Their brand name may not be the largest or the most familiar to you yet but don't be surprised when that changes because out of the masses of other tech companies out there right now... I believe Velocity Micro is the hungriest.

"With the coming of Windows 10, I wanted to purchase a high end desktop gaming PC. Being retired and a huge gamer, I wanted a high powered gaming rig. VM's Raptor Z95 has more than met my needs. This machine purrs like a kitten and can play my favorite games -- like Skyrim -- on maxed out specs. This is my third VM PC and based on this customer's satisfaction, there will be a fourth. "

Share Velocity Micro's store rating

Velocity Micro is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Velocity Micro is a merchant member
Velocity Micro participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,837 merchant members.