Stores > Velocity Micro
  • Velocity Micro Velocity Micro Elite Status
      9am-10pm Mon-Fri
      jcovington@velocitymicro.com

Product & services pricing Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Velocity Micro by clicking a star below.

2017-05-21

Great Website and Layout

"VelocityMicro's website is very easy to navigate through - painless."

2017-05-12

Consultation before purchase was very helpful.

"Dave Dobbins made several changes to my original configuration. These were very helpful and were accepted."

2017-05-10

Hopefull

"Hey guys/gals I bought my first vm computer like 5 years ago and it recently gave up due to my graphics card burning up my HDMI ports so in need of a new one with better stuff and I hope I can get this one financed I'm trying to build up my credit, I could pay it all in one go but this is a good start to my credit building I have started. Thanks hope it gets approved!"

2017-05-07

Velociy Micro #3

"This will by my third VM Computer and first VM Laptop. Bought a Microsoft Surface a little over a year ago and it has lived up to my low Microsoft expectations. Trading up to the best, the two desk tops I've purchased have been issue free for years of service. Excited to get my work done instead of working on fixing my laptop!"

2017-05-05

New PC!

"Dave was great! Very helpful on the order."

2017-04-15

Very Positive experience, repeat customer and most likely will send more business their way in the future!

"Very helpful, and never falter on the quality of product they build and send to their customers!"

2017-03-30

Great machine, great customer service in explaining impact of weather on scheduled delivery

"See the title. If you are dense, read it twice."

2017-03-23

Couldnt have asked for better

"Truly world class experience! With a top notch product. "

2017-03-22

It just doesn't get any better!!

"This is the second purchase that I have made from Velocity Micro. The purchase experience was exceptional. The sales person was knowledgeable, professional and extremely helpful. He recommended a laptop based on my needs and I received a unit customized for me.
The technical support is the best that I have ever experienced. I called and spoke to Anthony who was knowledgeable, cordial and very patient. And, because it is US based, I never had to say "excuse me" or "could you repeat that". Anthony took all the time necessary to resolve my issue and made sure that all my questions were answered. I cannot imagine a better experience with a company.
Do yourself a favor and make your next purchase from Velocity Micro; your nerves will thank you!

2017-03-10

Quality

"I am the kind of person who spends hours researching every major purchase for quality and value. I bought my first Velocity Micro (VM) system in 2011 and have just purchased my fifth system. We are a family who uses computers heavily. We have never had a single problem with any VM system and they are all still in use. I have phoned their technical hotline with many questions and have always received friendly and courteous service. Their builds are a work of art, beautiful aluminum cases, all cables routed professionally, and most importantly, all components are brand name, top of the line. No low cost, generic junk here. The computers are packaged and shipped better than any product I have ever purchased. Their prices may seem a little higher than the bargain brand companies you see advertised in magazines but when you research exactly what quality hardware you are getting with these companies as well as the quality and location of their customer service, you will choose Velocity Micro, in Virginia, USA. Check them out. You will look no further.

2017-01-29

Velocity Micro makes Awesome machines!

"I'm a longtime Dell customer, I preferred their simple online ordering process (even if the hardware was a bit lower quality compared to other boutique builders). I customized a Raptor Z55, which was the first to offer Intel i7-7700 quad processor (and their cost to build a similar system at Origin, Dell, and Digital Storm was just a bit cheaper too). Overall, a really solid customer experience, the system shipped just a week after I placed the order. Very happy. "

2017-01-06

Velocity Micro is exactly the change you need to make

"I'd imagine I'm not alone in feeling this way about my new Velocity, but it has saved me from the stress, poor service, and proprietary garbage that brands like Dell and HP shove down your throat when you buy their junk.

My Velocity shipped faster than I expected exactly to order. It is a beautiful machine, free of bloatware, fast as a whip, and runs everything that I throw at it. It's got tons of room for expansion and is compatible with upgrades.

After being a slave to big manufacturers for several years and running through the customer service gauntlets of Dell and HP just trying to get basic deficiencies of their junk resolved, the Velocity has all of the things that I had hoped to save this stress - Great service and a great product. I would highly, highly recommend it if you're sick and tired of being treated like crap by companies that have no interest in giving you a product for what you're actually trying to do.

2016-12-31

Exactly what I wanted

"Ordered a PC about 2 years ago from Velocity Micro, and it has worked like a charm. So when it came time to replace my wife's older Dell, of course I chose Velocity. The machine arrived about 5 days after placing the order and I've been continuously impressed by the how solidly the new machine has performed. Being my household tech support, there have been considerably fewer calls from the other room asking about this or that. The machine has been a solid, fast, quiet performer and was well under my target budget."

2016-12-18

Attention to Details and Customer Service wins the Race!!

"I researched for weeks before getting a gaming laptop. I previously owned a Malibal, my son has a Xidax, and my father-in-law has an Origin PC. All are great companies and comparable in the $2000 range for an entry level gaming laptop. Velocity Micro was the most responsive in requesting additional information and they know their products other companies have a sales staff that "has to get back to you" but never actually answers questions. Velocity answered all questions specifically, and explained the answers.

So I was looking at Maingear, Xotic, Xidax, Origin, Malibal, Falcon Northwest & Avadirect. All are Clevo laptops that are customized to the end users gaming preferences.

I was shopping Black Friday sales, many companies seemed to have a better sale, but had an excessive up-cost in other parts like memory upgrade. Some offered mouse pads, headsets, and a gaming mouse, I have all that stuff. VM had the smallest sale price but their core pricing was the best and they have been in business 20+ years.

Having the laptop assembled by hand in the USA is a plus. The lifetime free customer support and the Lifetime upgrade plan are services that other companies charge a premium for and were a factor in me choosing Velocity Micro.

Another advantage was the cost for overclocking, increased memory and better thermal compound was more reasonable than other companies.

My 6 year old Malibal still runs, and my sons Xidax kicks ass, but I believe I got more bang for my buck with my MX50 from VM, I got the 3 year warranty, best price on that too.

The laptop runs great, a few minor hiccups, when I send an email I get an immediate response, often the problem is me not knowing how to do something, they are always helpful.

I would recommend Velocity Micro, other companies can sell you the same laptop it will cost you more and you are just a past sale. VM is a positive relationship that will endure over time, attention to details is key with me, next year I will be getting a new desktop and it will be a Velocity Micro.

2016-11-08

New Machine

"A little taken back by the construction of this computer. It felt very light, cheap, but noticed it the case was entirely built with aluminum. so that is a good thing I guess.
One of my biggest complaints was once I got the computer up and running, setup and registered, I wanted to installed two additional new Hard drives. This is the first computer I have ever bought that doesn't supply the needed hardware to do so. I made my own.
The biggest complaint is Windows 10. That was a big mistake ordering this with Windows 10. Nothing works with it. Had to upgrade my programs that I use for photo's and video. So many complaints online about this, it is beyond me why anyone would sell Windows 10 on computers they are trying to sell. That is my biggest complaint not to mention time waster trying to get everything to work.

Share Velocity Micro's store rating

Velocity Micro is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Velocity Micro is a merchant member
Velocity Micro participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,404 merchant members.