• Address: 835 Grove Rd

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.85/10 8.85/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.95/10 7.95/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

What is this?

"I was particularly impressed with their customer support. (Note: I just clicked 4 stars for this rating. Why is it showing 1 star?)"

"Despite a couple of minor hiccups, the process was pleasant and easy and I'm very happy with the delivered product.

One of the graphics card options chosen off of the website's configuration system turned out to not be viable for the style of case, which caused a delay of production. Service to correct the problem was efficient and helpful, however.

I also noticed that the order status feature was not updated promptly to reflect that the product had been shipped (although I did receive a shipping notice from FedEx, so I knew it had been shipped).

The unit came packed very, very well, with good supporting documentation.

"I was surprised to find that my $2000 computer was left on my doorstep with no signature required.

I was confused there was no tracking number for the monitor I bought at the same time as the computer and it was shipped separate.

No software shipped with blu ray burner is a disappointment.

I do like my purchase though and I am happy I received it.

"My decision to stray from the established Big Brands was not easy. As a consumer, there is a level of comfort with large, well recognized brands. After reading what seemed like hundreds of reviews on this site, I decided that the potential benefits of a custom built pc outweighed the risks of not buying from a big, bloatware filled brand. For context, my job is to evaluate promotional claims to ensure consumers are not being mislead. I spend significant time in the details and am a natural born skeptic, often giving more weight to negative reviews than positive reviews. So my decision to purchase from Velocity Micro came after extensive due diligence. Although I have only had my Vector Z35 for 4 days, I am completely satisfied up to this point. Nick was very helpful during our phone call on the 14th when placing my order. Not being a tech person, I knew only that I wanted to have a computer powerful enough to smoothly handle video editing. Nick made recommendations and I concurred, even though I knew it would exceed my budget. I reasoned, and was reassured by Nick, that I would own this PC for years and given that it had plenty of room for expansion, the total cost of ownership calculations made financial sense. The pc shipped on the day they said it would and arrived on time (19th), with excellent packaging. It came with a promotional bag and t-shirt, documentation for all parts, OEM Windows 7 disc (I prefer 7), a video adapter, other misc parts and paper, and a hand signed thank you card. The quick start guide was easy to follow and I had the pc up and running in no time. As I mentioned, I'm not a tech person, so all the IT benchmarks of performance mean little to me. All that really matters to me is that the computer works, and works quickly...and that is exactly what my Z35 does. There is a significant improvement in video handling compared to my lower end big brand computer, and I am saving enormous amounts of time when producing game DVDs for my son's hockey team. A few additional points I considered when making my decision were the upgrade process, lifetime phone support, and that it was assembled in the U.S. (Virginia to be precise). As a smaller company, the offer to provide lifetime supports speaks volumes about their confidence in the quality of their product. So far, they have not disappointed me. Finally, perhaps the most enjoyable moment of my Z35 experience so far has been the initial start up. To stare at desktop with 2 icons on it is akin to stepping on fresh ice after a Zamboni run....pure, unadulterated, bloatware free!"

"Very easy and flexible order process. Desktop was delivered right on time, well packaged. Computer itself is very well put together and cleanly wired inside. There was an extra screw floating around inside, but that simply got me to open the tower and inspect their handiwork. It has not been connected or started yet, so no comment on that. The t-shirt and thank you card are nice touches. Overall impression of a well run company who believes in and stands behind their solid product. "

"Working with Velocity Micro was very easy and low stress. I called their sales line after building the computer on line to get questions answered. Nick Smith helped me build a computer for what I would use it for and told me the upgrades that I didn't need. Without a doubt I'd recommend them to my friends and family.

Nick was easier to work with than the other companies I talked to. Each of the other companies tried pushing upgrades kind of like buying a new car and all those "extras" after you agreed on a price. After talking to Nick, I didn't even need those upgrades for what I wanted the computer for.

I'll be a repeat customer.
Happy in Knoxville, TN

"very nice computer. But the AMD4U Support regarding my Unique Coupon Code: V28-MU4-9CB-V28
They will not reconise the code even with my invoice send by email.

really mad at them

Thanks you so much to Velocity Micro support, I soon got an other code that work find.

Thnks again for wyour great support Velocity Micro

Nerver got any response back from AMD4U

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-25-2014

Velocity Micro, Velocity Micro rep has responded

“Thanks for the review. If you're having issues with the AMD game bundle code, just send us an email and we'll get it figured out for you, or send you another code.

Thanks!”

"During the ordering process I was informed that I would be contacted concerning my order with updates via e-mail. I never was, even after waiting a week.

I placed my order on a Saturday and six work days later I called for an update. The gentleman who answered the phone was very professional but had to call me back with the information about my order; which he did within the time he promised. You would think a company that sells computers would have a system in place where the folks who answer the phone could provide an update to the customer rather than having to call them back 15-20 minutes later.

After calling three days in a row and receiving a different update each day I came to the realization that had I not called there was no telling when I would have received my order as what was online differed wildly from what I was told.

As of this date I am very satisfied with the product, but after spending $2400 I would have, at a minimum, expected an e-mail update when the status of the order changed.

Finally, upon opening the box a pamphlet directed me to the quick start guide. After searching over and over for this and being unable to find it I finally just hooked everything up and turned the computer on. Imagine my surprise in finding the guide as electronic. This seems rather silly as much of the instruction contained within would be needed by a user unfamiliar with how to connect a computer.

Be safe out there.

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-25-2014

“Todd,

Thanks for the review. We're very happy to hear that you're pleased with the product. Order status updates are always available via the portal on our site or by calling in to our sales team. I believe that our team did speak with you throughout the process several times and communicated with you over the phone regarding the status of your order. Our estimated ship dates are our best possible estimates, but delays can and do happen to push those dates back by a day or two due to the custom nature of our products, as was the case with your order. Our apologies for the delay and if our communication was not as good as it should have been.

Regarding the user's manual, we actually do include a one page printed quick start guide with the system materials and paperwork. A full manual is available digitally via download and is preinstalled on the system desktop. Sorry if that wasn't clear.”

"Turn around tine was very fast verything well packed and delivered. Good instructions and folloow on a questopion"

"VELOCITY MICRO review: I am in California and ordered a fully loaded pc with mini tower, upgraded the Solid State Drive directly from Velocity Micro to a 500 Gig Unit, added their bluetooth, upgraded various cards with their feedback, and when it arrived in November, I plugged it in and NO POWER at all. Also, when I called Velocity Micro, they are not open on Weekends and have BANKERS HOURS and no online means of dealing with live tech people on weekends! I also was sent the wrong size T shirt, just an example of not tuning into customers. I was a huge fan in the making, now I am just spending time and money to try to be made whole. "

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-18-2014

“Andrew,

Sorry to hear about the issues you had with your PC. Our standard warranty includes lifetime phone support M - F, but does not include 24/7 or weekend support, which is available as an upgrade. I believe that our Director of Customer Care did reach out to you Sunday morning when he learned that you were having issues and is working to get you taken care of, however. Feel free to reach out to us directly if you need anything further in the meantime.”

"Hands down the most beautiful computer I have ever owned. The care that Velocity Micro takes in the assembly of their machines is evident in every aspect of the computer. Customer for life."

"This is the third desktop tower that I have purchased in the last ten years. I do the research about components and have Velocity Micro build what I need at the price that I can afford to accomplish the work that is necessary on a day to day basis. The tower arrived on time and works perfect, I also like that there is no added fluff when you boot up. Within a couple of hours, I was up and running. Couldn't be happier."

"Great customer service. Great product"

"I am a returning customer. My Last PC was purchased 6 years ago at Velocity Micro, since Alienware has gone downhill.

Their craftsmanship in PC parts and build is unmatched in value, best bang for your buck. The computer is fast and responsive. Including an SSD and Windows 8.1 was a smart choice due to their stability and speed. Matched with a heavy dose of RAM, a top of the line CPU which many custom build PC makers still do not carry and a brand New GTX Nvidia cards make my PC a powerhouse. Their pricing is very competitive.

The wiring is very clean and PC runs relatively quiet, their shipping was quick and they packed the PC securely.

However if I could see improvement it would be in hiring more support staff for Technical Support, because wait times can reach up to 1 hour at times. I would recommend creating a support ticket at their website or e-mailing their staff as an alternative.

"I purchased my Vector PC from VM back in January of 2011 and wrote a review then. Loved it!! Just wanted to pop in with an update - being that its almost 4 years later... sitting here just admiring it and how much I appreciate what a solid PC it is! Its as good as the day I set it up!!! I have had, literally, not one issue with it (knock on wood). It still rips!!!!! Thanks Velocity Micro!!! THANKS!!!"

Velocity Micro is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Velocity Micro is a merchant member
Velocity Micro participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,919 merchant members.