• Address: 835 Grove Rd

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.81/10 7.81/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.21/10 8.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

What is this?

"Printed materials are not in English."

"PC came as advertised...no issues....no problems."

"Service was excellent! Some problems getting the online delivery email with tracking information that was easily corrected with a phone call. Computer works great."

"VM asked me to write this review and I am only to glad do it.

I wanted a custom-built rig and they were flawless from beginning to end.

Nick and I went back and forth via e-mail several times, during which he was infinitely patient. When I was ready to buy, the ordering process took less than 10 minutes via phone.

Nick helped me to select the right system with zero upsell. In fact, he helped back me down from the next level of gaming rig which was well more than I needed for high-end RPGs and office multitasking. The few upgrades he suggested were well-advised, and when I chose some of them and not others, there was no pushback. I happened to order about nine hours after the new Nvidia 980 graphics cards were announced, and he made sure that my new system had one of those instead of the 780 I was intending. So happy.

My system shipped only one business day after the date estimate, and arrived at my home in Philadelphia the very next day, with free shipping.

Setup of the system at my home was flawless. The Windows activation and Quickstart directions were all I needed. Within 15 minutes I was flying.

They even included a hand-address thank you note, a backpack and a tshirt!

This system screams so loudly that I probably won't need to upgrade for two years, but when I do, I'll be doing it with Velocity Micro.

"PC decisions are not easy these days. After lots of research the Velocity Micro was the best fit for my needs. I have only had it for a few weeks, but at this point it is working beyond my expectations.

Love the no junk ware.

Thanks Velocity Micro

"My Velocity Micro PC has exceeded my expectations so far! The quailty craftmanship is obvious from the time you lift the machine out of the box. The esthetics of Velocity's metal casing is a beauty and the performance has been outstanding. I loved being able to customize my PC on Velocity's website to exactly what I wanted, no more, no less. The setup instructions were well diagramed and easy to follow. No bloatware, made in the US and sold at a very good price point. The handsome paperwork folder and personal thank you note didn't go unnoticed either. I would highly recommend Velocity Micro to a friend! "

"The platform arrived a little later than expected, but it worked right out of the box. I had a small delivery issue with the monitor which was quickly corrected by the staff at Velocity Micro."

"Another great experience getting just the right PC to meet my needs through Velocity Micro.
This is my 3rd generation of PCs from Velocity Micro.
The decision process was excellent.
I even had assistance on a final review of my configuration and placing my order over a weekend.
I had an upgrade I wanted and they worked it into the construction of the system the day after I placed the order.
I choose between two of the standard systems they offer (Z40 and Z25) by tweaking and comparing the choices and reviewing the pdf configurations automatically sent to me by email.
I applied some tweaks to the Z40 system I had selected but wanted to confirm I would have enough power and the cooling would work well with the planned additions. Their sales staff actually contacted me by email and phone to complete the review and finalize the purchase. He even ensured an upgrade I chose after the order was placed was added to the system.
10 days later the system arrived and ready to go right out of the Exceptionally clean packaging just they way I asked for it along with all the disks, manuals and Velocity t-shirt and bag.
Way to go Velocity Micro!

"These are the fastest two computers I have ever purchased. From entering my password to ready to go in 7 seconds! The team at Velocity Micro is very professional in the way they sell their product as well as answer questions along they way. I just finished with my 13th and 14th Dell. No way I am going back now. HWC"

"Velocity Micro is the absolute best PC manufacturer in North America with outstanding craftsmanship and PC performance with custom tailored computers and expert english-speaking technical support all out of Richmond, Virginia. I have experienced great service with the no cost replacement of a manufacturer defective motherboard shortly after purchase and free assistance with an internet connectivity issue three years after purchase that turned out to be a terminal modem provided by my ISP. Great company, great people, great craftsmanship, great cutting edge products and great U.S. based tech support that even offers upgrades to already purchased older Velocity Micro computers. If you want the latest and greatest custom tailored PC with excellent tech support, Go Velocity Micro."

"Everything about dealing with Velocity Micro is first rate. Unfortunately my computer developed a problem with the mother board within 24 hours of arrival and had to be shipped back to the vendor. The people are great, the speed terrific, the case beautifully made and sturdy but a flawed mother board is an annoying problem. "

"I ordered a Velocity Micro z95 with several upgrades. I ordered from this company because of their claim of providing an excellent computer build. However when it arrived the graphics card had not been installed properly and it was allowed to bang around inside the computer case during the two day shipping. They promised to replace the card, however now they do not respond to emails.
I'm sure this doesn't happen all the time, but it sure did happen to me.
I guess quality control took the day off.

UPDATE: Received the new graphics card, however, no return label or RMA number, so I'm not sure how to return the old card. It's been 48 hours after my email request for both, no answer....
Update: Graphics card has been returned and it was replaced with EVGA gtx760... very nice. Thank you at Velocity.
Two things they need to change, but probably won't at Velocity, include customer service and quality control. I think every who reads these post will agree that a graphics card should never have left unsecured to the motherboard. I think everyone will agree that when I made them aware of the issue, just moments after its arrival at my door, that Velocity should have taken care of the problem faster. Ignoring customer emails doesn't make the problem go away, it just makes your customers go away.
Their sales department was excellent, let them train the service people on how to do a job right.
Things I do like. The computer is wired to perfection, the interior of the case looks so clean and well built. Its has not crashed once, and I use it twelve, or more, hours a day. They use only retail parts, and you gotta love that. Its so quiet I thought something was wrong, but it wasn't. Its just that quiet.
This was my first custom PC, I was an avid Apple user, until now. I spent about $2600 to get a good entry level gaming PC. To compare to my other hobbies that’s about what I spent for my first nice mountain bike. My second mountain bike cost about twice as much, and I anticipate spending that much on my next PC when the time comes. Will I spend it at Velocity Micro? That has yet to be determined. I will keep watching the post here over the next few months to see what others are saying about Velocity. However, when 16% of your customers are leaving negative ratings, one and two star reviews, then I think they need to seriously look into the problem.

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-05-2014

Velocity Micro, Velocity Micro rep has responded

“jcoggin,

We apologize for this issue and I just checked and your video card is on its way to you. This is definitely an uncommon occurance and we will get to the bottom of it, and assure you the best possible service from us and your PC. Thank you for choosing Velocity Micro.

Regards,
Customer Care Team

Edit: Again, thanks for your honest feedback. Something we should have been clearer on in our initial response is that from what we can determine, the loose graphics card that you experienced was a result of shipping damage from the carrier. Every PC that leaves our facility is heavily benchmarked and would not have made it through several layers QC in that state. However, this absolutely is no excuse for us not taking care of the situation faster. That's not typical of our team but we promise to be better next time.

If you have any additional concerns our need further assistance, please do contact us.”

"This was my second purchase from VM, and while the first wasn't bad, this one was even better. The only negative was that I paid extra money for 2 day delivery, which when added to the potential delivery date, ended up being on a Saturday. Being that they used FedEx, who doesn't deliver on weekends, the PC didn't make it until Monday. To add to it, although it may not be their fault, the monitor I ordered on the same ticket did not show up until the next day. Effectively, I paid for 2 day delivery and got the standard 5.

The PC was working within minutes after set-up and is thus far very enjoyable.

"They build all kinds of computer equipment. We had them build a gaming desktop system for my wife. We are impressed with the functionality of the machine, it's like racing, speed costs money, how fast do you want to go. The system is a very responsive super-fast purpose designed and built machine with outstanding craftsmanship. It is a well-built fast gamer that runs cool and quiet with ample space for future upgrades. I have never seen a computer with such neat professional looking internal wiring. They built it just the way we wanted it and right here is the USA. No trying to sell us a packaged or prebuilt system, custom all the way. Great customer support by geeks located here in the USA."

"The ordering process was quick and easy. The computer, packed very carefully and shipped across country, arrived in good condition, "

Velocity Micro is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Velocity Micro is a merchant member
Velocity Micro participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,864 merchant members.