Velocity Micro Reviews - VelocityMicro.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.10/10 485 reviews

Velocity Micro is a merchant member
Velocity Micro participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,888 merchant members.

What is this?

Rating 8/104/5

"Bought two Edge Z-30 computers each custom configured. Computers worked great right out of the box. Wanted to support a Virginia company.

Called Customer Care on hold for 15 minutes just to get to the front of the queue then all I got was the opportunity to leave a voice mail. Never received a call back.

modified review reply posted Apr-14-2014
Velocity Micro's Avatar
Velocity Micro, Velocity Micro rep has responded

“Mothersheart,

I apologize you were unable to get in touch with one of our support representatives. Please contact me at support@velocitymicro.com with a good time and number to reach you and I will give you a call! Thank you for being a Velocity Micro customer, and we are thrilled you are enjoying your new PCs!

Regards,
Customer Care Team
Velocity Micro”

Rating 8/104/5

"Ordered 3 computers and they shipped without 3 keyboards and mice I had ordered. I ordered the $15 dollar cheap ones so I went and bought some at Best Buy. A little inconvenient. The only other problem I had was that the case dimensions on the website were incorrect and luckily I found that out as the sales rep took physical measurements and gave them to me. He said the website must not have been updated. This could have been a major problem because I have limited space in my office. "

"Great product. A few hiccups with shipping but very happy upon arrival."

"Velocity Micro is everything that they flaunt to be. American made - yes sir, you betcha. Hand crafted & assembled - yes sir you betcha. Lightning fast ? That solid state processor is the cats meow"

"Ordered online. Followed build online. Tracked shipment via UPS online.
Computer arrived as ordered. Everything worked out of the box.

"When a third party pc mover corrupted my boot sector, Velocity Micro walked me through a new Windows 8.1 install with drivers. Their support was friendly, quick, and thorough. Once rebuilt, my Z25 is a champ!"

"I am very happy the computer is lightning quick I have no complaints I would highly recommend it"

"Best PC ever! Great value, excellent performance, great service."

"The shipping time could be improved, but the overall quality of the product was well worth the wait."

Rating 8/104/5

"This VM computer is absolutely beautiful, and runs current graphic intense games flawlessly. The case is quiet, and sleek. Aside from a minor installation miscommunication (resolved), a non working game key # (resolved), and a delay in production/shipping, I am very pleased with the end product. This is my first high end gaming rig, and I couldn't be happier with the performance of Velocity Micro! Thanks everyone at VM."

Rating 8/104/5

"Computer took about a week longer than estimated to arrive at my home. Otherwise service was fine. Packing was excellent. Will send update once I get it up and running."

"It was easy to use the website. When I did some research about the reputation of Velocity Micro, I found that they consistently ranked in the top five of reviews I read. The particular computer I ordered consistently ranked in top two or three. The computer shipped exactly when they said it would and it arrived in perfect working order with good instructions. I had it up and running within a half an hour."

Rating 8/104/5

"The initial order arrived on time, but the SSD was dead, and even replacing the SSD led to random failures to booting, leading me to suspect a problem with the CPU. I sent the machine back to V-M. They got it fixed up, used extra internal packing to ensure that it would be safe going cross-country, and I got the machine last night. There was one problem with the cabling (a loose power cord) but I was able to fix it myself. Everything works great! The machine is wonderful -- so fast, and so quiet (and this is even with two high-power video cards in it). I really like it! This would have been 5-stars except for the drive/cable issue, plus I would have preferred more status updates during machine assembly and repair."

Rating 4/102/5

"The computer looks used right out of the box. There was no 25 digit key for windows 8.1 so I can't even get started. I can't even open a word document. The computer won't recognize any of my flash drives. There were no instructions or tutorial for this computer, only a system startup map that tells me nothing on how to get started. I spent so much money and waited weeks for this thing to arrive and I can't even use it to write a word document for class. How am I supposed to write my doctoral thesis on this thing? I am so frustrated!!!!! I wanted to buy a computer made -or at least assembled-in the USA to support our economy. But what good is it if I can't even use it? "

modified review reply posted Jan-31-2014
Velocity Micro's Avatar
Velocity Micro, Velocity Micro rep has responded

“timothyjohnallen,

I apologize for any issues you may have encountered with your new laptop. We customize and stress test every unit before it leaves our facility, as well as a 200 point QC checklist.As far as the 25-digit product key for windows, it is on the bottom of the laptop on a multicolored sticker. Please activate your windows and let us know if you still have issues. We are available Mon-Fri 11am-8pm EST at 18883004450.

Regards,
Velocity Micro
Customer Care Team”

"These are the best computers money can buy!"