• Varneys

• Contact: customerservice@varneys.com
    • Phone: 800-362-1574
    • Customer Support: 800-362-1574
    • Business Hours: Mon - Sat: 9 AM to 5 PM & Sun: 11 AM to 5 PM

"Hey, I was a college student once, and I also have worked in retail. I get that it isn't the most glamorous job, especially during the summer months. But, every customer should be treated with the utmost respect, and I didn't receive that from the young female associate on Saturday, June 1, in the early afternoon. I asked her to remove two tank tops from up high, and she acted like it was the worst thing in the world. I chose to shop at this store instead of Rally House in Independence, Mo., which is where I live. I wanted to support a local business like Varneys. "

"Will shop in person anytime I get to Manhattan. Will only shop online if I have three weeks to wait for my items. Customer service? It's a joke! Placed my order on 12/29 -and paid for 2-3 day shipping. Item appeared to be in stock. Received shipping confirmation on 1/10/2013!"

"Great product line, great service! I will shop here again!"

This review was modified by readkansas on December 11 2012 09:39:36 PM

"I found Varney's to be priced about the same as Barnes and Noble for textbooks, but the customer service is lacking. One of my books was back ordered (which I was not notified of until AFTER placing my order) and when I tried to cancel the order I could not get a hold of a person and had to leave a message and send an email before receiving any information. At that point I received a notification that my book was ready for shipment. No one even acknowledged that I had asked to cancel my order. I still have not received my textbook, and classes have already begun. I will not order from Varney's again unless absolutely necessary. I have been very disappointed in how my order was handled. "

"Staff was INCREDIBLY helpful to me! I placed an internet order for next day shipping, and neglected to add all of my needed items on the original order. Grant reassured me that I could complete my second order and note it was to be combined. He also knowledgeably and professionally helped me with other questions. When one of my items was back-ordered, I received a follow-up phone call that also indicated when I should receive the shipped items. Everyone was very honest and helpful with me - so thanks, Varneys :)"

"I was surprised at how easy it was to order and how quickly we received our order. Will definitely purchase from Varneys again."

"Order was wrong and I was charged for a book that I did not receive. When I called the store nobody would talk to me. This is the second time they have messed up a book order. The first time it was very difficult to get the problem resolved. I hope they do I better job rectifying the situation this time."

"I got the email after business hours alerting me to a situation that required attention from customer service. I wrote an email to Varneys and requested that someone call me the next day, which also happened to be a game day. Despite the heavy amount of customer traffic in the store that morning, I received a phone call from them. They went above and beyond to resolve my issue. I will gladly do business with them again."

"When the website is working, Varney's has an effecient and helpful site. Unfortunately, due to server errors, I had to re-do my checkout several times over the course of three days in order to process my request. By the time I finally ordered my books, the more affordable used copies I had wanted were no longer available."

"Great service, very friendly, will be shopping with them again."

Share Varneys's store rating

Varneys is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Varneys is not a merchant member
Varneys does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!