"I spent a week checking prices, and reading posts in various forums. I decided that the best combination of price and security was with ValueElectronics.com. I used the few negative comments in a positive way – namely proving that the company did exist, and that they did send the merchandise. I learned that they have been in business for over 12 years, and that the Better Business Bureau gives it an “A” rating.

I called on a Friday, and Robert thoroughly answered questions and took my order for 2 Pioneer Elite components. I received my order on the following Wednesday – double boxed / with invoice.

I would definitely recommend buying from ValueElectronics.com.

"ValuElectronics is all that they say and more. Good price, great shipment and when a problem occurred above and beyond even my expectations. Great job."

"I suspect the customers posting reviews here on Value Electronics (VE) are skewed toward those who need to vent. My experience went very smoothly. I ordered the Pioneer KRP-500M KURO display panel with the TS-23 stand. Both pieces came intact and the driver from RL Carriers was very helpful with delivery to my home and helping me unpack and inspect the TV. No scratches or cracks and monitor turns on. Let's see how the break-in goes.

Robert Zohn was very helpful throughout the entire process and was more encouraging than pushy. I was very pleased with the experience that I placed an order for the Pio Elite VSX-21TXH receiver through VE. On top of all that, prices are very competitive.

modified review This review was modified by erlef on December 15 2009 09:25:13 PM

"I ordered a KRP-500m from Robert. Very courteous and pleasure to deal with. We agreed on a price to include TV, warranty and HDMI cable. Invoice showed I was overcharged so I had to e-mail them and Wendy did refund the overcharge. TV arrived within a week but RL carriers(not VE's van) were rude and difficult to deal with. I was told to inspect TV before accepting and delivery person said unless box was damaged, he wouldn't open it. Had to talk to supervisor to let us inspect contents and he did not even assist my wife in opening the box. Reported this to Robert and Wendy who apologized but this was a big hassle. No warranty or HDMI cable so had to call VE again. Told warranty would come in mail and it did a few days later but still no cable. Called VE again and was told HDMI cable would ship that day. 3 days later, still no cable so called AGAIN and Robert said no one had picked up cable and it would be sent promptly. 2 days later, cable arrived by Fedex. This is my experience and you can arrive at your own conclusions."

"I visit a few HDTV forums (AVS and HDTV Junkies) where Robert, the owner of VE, is a member. He recently held a shootout event and broadcast it live over the internet to show off some of the new 2009 TV's as well as the reigning champ the Pioneer Kuro 500M. As a result of that shootout and his seemingly good reputation, I decided to go forward with a purchase.

I purchased the Pioneer KRP-500M for $2398 from Robert and was promised by him that it would possibly ship that day (July 3rd) and if not then the following Monday (July 6th). Monday came and I e-mailed him asking for a tracking number. He replied that he would promise to have it for me by the end of the day and if not by the end of Monday, then definitely by the end of Tuesday (July 7th). I replied saying it was acceptable and looked forward to the tracking information. I followed up with another e-mail asking him if he could refund me the difference for the stand ($100) since I had already purchased a separate one from eBay. His new store price also makes the stand optional. I believe this policy went into effect after I made the request to modify my order.

Since that e-mail, I hadn't heard back from Robert at VE until this morning (7/8/09). I was informed the stand and TV had already shipped. I feel an order modification could have been done before it shipped since the request was made on July 6th but VE says the package was already shipped out of their fulfillment warehouse on July 6th and entered into tracking on the 7th. Even if that is true, VE could have at least offered to take the stand back and issue a refund but no such offer was made. I'm stuck with a $100 stand that I can't use but as long as the TV is great then no big deal I suppose.

I should be receiving it tomorrow July 09. Store policy is that the customer may open the box and inspect the display for defects before signing off. I'll update this post to reflect how everything went tomorrow.

**UPDATE 7/09/09***
TV has been scheduled to be delivered tomorrow 7/10/09. Spoke with Robert over e-mail extensively and he has agreed to cover any and all defects with the TV as long as I let him know right away.

*UPDATE 7/18/09*
Final update - The TV arrived but the shipping company only sent one delivery person. He phoned me and asked me to meet him downstairs (I live on the 2nd floor of my apartment complex). When I got down there, he told me I had to sign for the package and that he would then leave. I reminded him that my service covered indoor delivery but he claimed it did not. I convinced him to help me carry it up to my apartment. He was a nice guy so he waited around while I checked the TV for defects and then I signed off. I immediately contacted Robert at VE about this and asked for a partial refund of the shipping cost since I had to carry the TV up. Initially I requested a 50% refund ($100) but Robert said the indoor delivery portion was only $50 and he would cover that. I agreed and he promptly refunded the amount. Overall I am pleased with the TV and Robert was very prompt with communication. I wish things had gone a bit smoother but overall the service was okay.

Will I be a repeat customer at VE? Probably not.

modified review This review was modified by 5150 Joker on October 25 2009 11:55:27 PM

"Pre-Ordered a Pioneer Elite BDP-23FD in early May. I contacted VE and they told me it was in stock and would ship on May 22. After repeated emails I requested a cancelation to my order on May 28th.
They shipped the player on may 29th but did not include a receipt. I requested one but so far Value Electronics has ignored me.

I would not recommend purchasing from them as their customer service is totally lacking.

"I purchased a Pioneer KRP-500M television from Robert at Value Electronics. Because of a forum deal I was supposed to get a blu-ray disc, Bottle Rocket, as a bonus. The disc was supposed to be shipped with the TV. When the TV arrived there was no disc and no evidence of it having been removed at some point while in transit. I contacted Value Electronics after waiting a few days to see if the disc had been shipped seperately. I was assured that it would be shipped. A week or two later I contacted them again, this time talking to Robert. He said that he thought the disc was shipped with the TV. I assured him it was not, and he assured me he would get it out to me. It is now May 5th and I still have no disc. I find it extremely odd that they would lose a repeat customer who purchased a 2k TV over an, at most, $25 disc (they were selling them for $9 each)."

MA, USA

"I discovered this retailer online but they are also a brick-and-mortor mom-and-pop business. I drove the 3 hours to see their showroom. I ended up buying from them over the phone on 1/19, and I was lucky enough to have the set delivered on 1/21. All my questions were answered by the owners and they were a pleasure to do business with. Delievered was done by two technicians that did a great job carring the TV up two flights of stairs and they set it up for me. I was very impressed with the whole process and look forward to doing business with them again in the future."

"I was a bit unsure about ordering an expensive plasma TV from an online retailer, but past experiences with ValueElectronics for smaller purchases and their online reputation made me bite the bullet and give it a shot. I could not be happier. Robert, the owner, answered all of my questions, put my fears to rest and gave me a terrific price. Delivery was quicker than anticipated and the TV was hand delivered in perfect condition. I highly recommend this company. "

"Ordered a Pioneer plasma from Wendy and Robert and am very satisfied with communication, price and delivery. Followed this with a Pioneer receiver 5 months later and experienced the same excellent service."

"Bought a Directv H20 receiver and a Digital Video Essentials calibrating DVD. There email correspondence and shiping were both timely, complete and accurate. Would shop with them again."

"Pre-ordered and subsequently purchased a Toshiba HD DVD player from Value Electronics. Found their service and value exceptional. Terrific experience, and certainly one I would repeat."

"Bought 4000.00 worth of stuff from Value Electronics over the last couple years, but will not buy from them again. They charged me a restock fee for a defective dvd player and I had to pay for the return shipping which was expensive. Not happy with them...buyer beware."

"I preorder th HD-A2 player from them but then i decided to cancel it.I send the e-mail twice to cancel the order both times i receive e-mail confirming my order has been cancel.But they still they send me the player two weeks after.After i received it i decide to connect it and try i had no picture just sound looks like {defective player}.So i send the e-mail asking if i can return the player i got replay to send it back for a refund.They receive the player on 12/20 but i just receive refund yesterday 6 weeks after.I send the e-mail few times with no replay so i call
and after i told them i will file a complain with my CC company they finely issue me a refund -$48.Very bad company,never again i will purchase anything from them.

"The owner Robert and his staff are great. They took very good care of my HD-A1 order and my friends HD-A1s and we got the best price around AND 2 free HD-DVDs.

I have spoken with him several times about electronics because he is knowledgeable and a very nice guy too! I will shop at Value Electronics FIRST if they have the item, before buying from anyone else now that I have found this great online resource.

ValueElectronics is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ValueElectronics is not a merchant member
ValueElectronics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!