• Contact: http://www.valuebasket.com/contact

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.09/10 3.09/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.73/10 2.73/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.83/10 2.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.04/10 1.04/10

"Order an item from valuebasket and it is faulty. I have written to them. Got few reply from them saying, the matter have referred to the relevant department but till now has not got any action from them.
How long do I need to wait?

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-22-2014

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

An agent will be in contact with you to provide resolution on this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"order cancelled but still dispatch the item, refund been delayed."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-15-2014

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"Even the order was shipped through fast shipping, it still arrived late. I appreciate the upgrade not even asking for it."

"Ordered a wireless Bluetooth speaker from ValueBasket. It had the best price and I placed the order, and my credit card got charged immediately. I waited for 9 days and decided to check the status of my shipment. It said that "Order Held" and that I had to write to customer service to give more information.
I DID NOT receive an email (not in the spam, not anywhere) to ask me for any further details. I write to customer service who said they "have escalated the matter to our relevant department". A day later I get an email that says the product is OUT OF STOCK and that they would be glad to give a full refund but I have to go through the whole process of canceling my order.
[In the mean time, I checked and they had 4 units of the product available but at a slightly higher price]
I was promised a full refund at the latest 7 days. It has been 14 days since I canceled my order and still no email or and news about the refund of any emails from them.
My status is still at "Refund Request Escalated" and on the site they still have 3 units of the product available.

I would never buy from this site again. What a horrible shopping experience and an utter waste of time. Will ask my credit company to blacklist the site and launch a full inquiry into the refund.
It is a shame that as I thought it looked like a promising site to challenge the likes of the big guns and wanted to show them support.

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-13-2014

First of all, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We greatly appreciate your comments about our services and we will do our best to improve this in the future. Please note that your refund has been processed and will appear on your credit card statement. If your credit does not appear on your next statement cut, please contact us via webform to further check.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"I was so worried about my order after reading bad reviews... I contated valuebasket whos communictions were brilliant and made me feel at ease. Just think, people are more inclined to leave a bad review if somethings wrong than leave a good review if alls well?! hence why I felt I had to leave a review (as yes i wouldnt usually). Anyways, I placed my order 02-07-14, I was kept upto date with the progress and very happy with the service. I today received my order 10-07-14 sooner than I expected for my samsung tabpro and am thrilled with it! It is a quality high spec tab at a bargain price... brilliant. Thank you valuebasket :)"

"Happy and satisfied with their process. Order was delivered as expected. The tablet works perfectly. Will make sure to purchase with them in the future."

"Let me give you one piece of advice you will thank me for in decades to come: Do NOT order from this website and you will live longer, and probably not drop dead prematurely from stress and aggravation due to having to deal with their lies and robotic emails and telephone conversations where they repeat the same thing and not give you a reason why a). They didn't deliver my product after 3 weeks AND b). They refused to refund me after cancelling the order! - Day 8 (since requesting refund) and still waiting for nothing.

This company are the conartists of all cons! I placed an order 20th June for an HTC Desire 816. After receiving an order confirmation stating that the order will take 2-4 days to ship out and 6-9 days to deliver, I waited patiently for an email to confirm dispatch and received nothing in the time frame they provided. Then I called (please note that they are actually based in Hong Kong and despite the misleading information on their website about being based in several other countries with contact numbers with dial code, you are still calling Hong Kong and NOT your country of residence) and spoke to a real life android (robotic repetitive unintelligent mammal)
Me: when will my order be dispatched?!
Android: we apologise for the delay; we have now escalated your order to priority. It will be dispatched next week but I cannot provide a date"
SO after this robot repeated the same thing to me several times, I requested a cancellation and refund. The robot said I had to send an email, which I did. Then they sent a few more emails to try to talk me out of cancelling the order by offering me expedited shipping (which made zero sense to me as I had pretty much waited weeks for any response) and a free memory card which i declined as I began to panic they might not be a legit company. Can I also add that they run their website using Moneybookers (Skrill) and this is how they steal customers' monies.
I still wanted my refund so they said it would take a total of no more than 7 days for me to see the credit back in my account. I am on Day 8 now and stll my money hasn't been refunded. I emailed a few times today really upset and stressed about this and again, two androids emailed back simultaneously with the same copy and pasted emails about how sorry they are, how bad I must feel, and that they have escalated my refund to priority (I mean, what in god's sweet mercy does that even mean?? Priority refund makes absolutely ZERO sense to me as this is MY money and why should I be put in line to wait to collect MY money????) but they still won't tell me when I will get my money back.

So I did what any other person would do- called my bank and opened a fraud case against them. My bank is currently investigating and hopefully in 7-10 days, if they don't comply, they will forcefukky take the money back from them and I can finally be at peace.

DO NOT! I REPEAT, NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!!!! NOT EVEN A SHEET OF PAPER EVEN IF THEY DECIDE TO GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE!!!!!

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Kindly note that your refund has been completed and will appear on your credit card statement. If your credit does not appear on your next statement cut. Please contact us via webform to further check.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"ValueBasket, absolutely anything recommended.
5 weeks ago I sent them a product under warranty for repair and no one knows where this... I am afraid, they will not know it.

First of all, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

An agent shall be in contact with you to provide further assistance in resolving this matter.

Once again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Many thanks for your understanding”

"BEWARE this shop, my order: 209560 - 456983, estimated delivery 2014-4-21. Explanations for the delay: NONE! More than 2 MONTHS with my money and not even an explanation or any other solution.

You can try to complain, but they just copy a general text saying that my opinion is very important.

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-03-2014

First of all, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Once again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"ValueBasket is a casket of horror and con!

Of the many online purchases I've made, this one from Value Basket has to be the worst nightmare, ever! In spite of pocketing the entire amount at the time of purchase, the product I ordered from them 2.5 weeks ago, still hasn't reached me.

Excuses like "the courier boy met with an accident" and "apologies but it will reach you by tomorrow" have flooded my calls, but all in vein. Their customer service execs have nothing to add to their abysmal service, either. Emails to their "contact us" link come with one liners like "your request is under process" and that's all.

With no updates on my product track, no remorse for the horrible service & late delivery and finally, no closure for my purchase, I'm going to wait just another couple of days before I take this matter to the Consumer Court.

Hoping Lady Luck Smiles at me, this time atleast... ! I have paid for it, after all :(

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

An agent will be in contact with you to provide resolution on this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE - ATROCIOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND NOTHING BUT EXCUSES ON OFFER!
YOU WILL NOT GET THE GOODS YOU HAVE ORDERED DESPITE SEVERAL WEEKS/MONTHS OF WAITING AND YOU CAN EXPECT THE SAME WAIT TIMES FOR REFUNDS. A COMPLETE AND UTTER WAIST OF TIME.

modified review Rep reply posted Jun-29-2014

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Please provide us with your order number or contact us using our webform to further assist you.

Looking forward to your reply.”

"Worst online retailer I have ever used. Cancelled order after waiting for over a month with no prospect of it being delivered despite being shown as in stock on line throughout. Customer service contact number is an off shore call centre who can do nothing except repeat what is on My Account. Email customer contact service is no better - promised a one week delivery after contacting them. Item never arrived. Cancelled order and now waiting for over a week for a refund stuck in a queue. Another failure to meet their timescales promised on the website. They have had my money for 6 weeks. I have complained with no satisfactory response about their dreadful customer service. My advice is to avoid this retailer."

modified review Rep reply posted Jun-22-2014

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Please note that your refund has been completed and this should appear in your account shortly.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"Délais trop longs. 2 semaines pour recevoir ma commande, et après avoir menacé d'annuler. Autrement, bon service clientèle, produit conforme, sans souci."

"So my order has just arrived. My account still says that stock has been allocated, should be despatched within 1-2 days time!

I have not checked that it is an original, I have lost interest frankly AND I have since found my phone cheaper elsewhere.

Like many others, I read the reviews of Valuebasket with horror only after I had placed my order. They draw you in with their cheap prices and 5 star customer satisfaction rubbish, they take your money from you and after that, they do not seem to be that concerned about you. You can email them as much as you like but it looks like they do not either read or understand what you are saying. Replies from them appear to be generic brush offs.

I did not expect to see the phone I ordered so I was surprised it actually turned up. In hindsight though, I will read reviews of these type of sites BEFORE I place orders in future. Definitely will not be using this site again.

**Since my order arrived yesterday, I have had a courtesy email advising me that my order has been shipped!! Professional company then...NOT!

modified review Rep reply posted Jun-20-2014

First of all, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will do our best to improve our services in the future.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"Fraudbasket service is very antagonizing to most people like me who,s seeking refund after their failure to fulfill promise to delivery. I have been chasing them for refund countless of times. We all have to stand up to this fraudulent shopping site. Lets not let them scam another poor innocent shopper like us! I regret that i didn;t read the review about this site before making purchase, this shall be a lesson well learned that i will carry for the rest of my life. Value basket, if you,re reading this, have some conscience and refund it back to me.

modified review Rep reply posted Jun-19-2014

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

An agent will be in contact with you for resolution on this matter.

ValueBasket.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValueBasket.com is a merchant member
ValueBasket.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,880 merchant members.