Stores > ValueBasket.com

Customer service: Rating 2.42/10 2.42/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.90/10 0.90/10

2016-04-30

WHERE IS MY PHONE?!?!?!

"Ordered a Samsung Galaxy S7 more than 2 weeks ago. Waited 3 working days before they decided to contact me about some security issue with my credit card and verify my identify and billing address. After ALOT of back and forth for requested pieces of verification which included no less than: My drivers license, most recent bank statement, A COPY OF MY TAX FILE NUMBER... and all of this was sent through multiple emails over a 5 day period, one email per day. Eventually after I sent them an email saying F*CK it I'm angry now, just cancel the damn order and refund me my money. I then IMMEDIATELY receive an email that says, thank you for your patience your order has now been processed. OH REALLY.. only now processed? So why if my order hadn't been processed and they were waiting for security reasons was my debit card charged a week earlier? OOOH and now.. more than 2 weeks on, I still havent received tracking info let alone the phone itself. So I sent an email to complain about this.. stating that not only has my phone not been dispatched... but is NOW being advertised $20 cheaper than what I paid for it 2 weeks ago. The response? Thank you for your patience.... thats it? how about free 2 day delivery you useless people.
I have bought from ValueBasket before and not had this problem... why now? I have know idea.. but I know that I will NEVER buy from them ever again. And I warn anybody who is thinking to buy from them... this website is a gamble and is contributing to why old people complain that internet shopping is dodgy... my advice: Give them a miss.

2016-04-29

Proceeded with on-line sale even though no stock

"I thought I had purchased a mobile phone as the web page advised that there were six (6) left in stock only to be sent a cryptic e-mail advising me to log on the support site which in turn advised me that no, there was no stock of that particular item, and would i like to consider an alternative.
The time between communications with 'Support' was days, where it should be hours.
It was nearly two weeks before I received a refund. This is poor service and i would not recommend ValueBasket to anybody.
The only slight glimmer of redemption came when I was sent a follow-up e-mail asking if I had any further queries. Too little too late.

2016-04-28

A Great Purchase

"From the moment I Saw your prices, to the moment I held my new Blood Pressure Unit in my Hand my purchase went smoothly right down to the carriage and delivery by DEPEX World wide who through there tracking site I was able to watch my delivery from the warehouse to my front door. Many Thanks Richard. "

2016-04-27

fraud

"hi guys
I can not rate these people low enough I ordered a camera from them over a month ago and I'm still waiting.
I'm giving them till the 25th may to have it on my door step (2 months) then I'm flying out to hong kong and taking a copper with me at least this way I will get my camera.
I know that is going to be one expensive camera but, theses people can't take me for a ride distance will not save them.
there stock when I ordered was 10 went up and down and now its showing out of stock.
if this lot were running a legitimate business they would walk from the office pick my camera and post it or they would do if they actually had any camera's and had any intention of shipping anything.

Rep reply posted Apr-27-2016

“Hi Gary Rowe,

We are sorry to read about the misunderstanding and distress experienced due to the delay in your order. I have referred your case for our relevant team to check what's causing such delay and an agent shall further contact you to provide assistance soon”

2016-04-27

Over two weeks since order and can't give an estimated delivery date.

"Over two weeks since order and can't give an estimated delivery date. Sent email to request order be sent as website shows 5 in stock or cancel order and refund monies. Email received in response to this does not advise order being sent or an estimated delivery date or order has been cancelled and monies refunded. Email states 'Thank you for your email. Our prices change frequently, sometimes even daily, depending on the demand and supply of the products. Please note however that the price that is displayed on the website at the time of placing the order is the price you will be charged. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund you the difference if the price decreases after a period of time and likewise we are unable to charge you more if the price increases after you made a purchase. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.'
The response email does not address what our concerns were: (1) Send/Deliver product today as website states 5 in stock OR (2) Cancel order and refund monies.

Rep reply posted Apr-27-2016

“Dear David Plorer,

I'm sorry to read that our service was not as per your expectations. Your comments are well noted and passed to our Service Improvement Team so we can do better in the future. My apologies for any inconveniences caused.

We understand it's frustrating to wait for an order for as long, and can only apologize. I have already advised our relevant team to investigate this case further. Furthermore, kindly confirm and send us an email of your request of cancellation and an agent will get back to you regarding your refund.

Please accept our apologies once again.”

2016-04-26

More a case of Basket case

"I feel something of a fool. Ordered an Olympus Pen-F a fortnight ago swayed by a price way below the rest of the pack. Do they even have it in stock, I begin to wonder? Nothing but occasional updates to my online account info. First off, 'your order is being made ready', (whatever that means!); four days later 'your order is being prepared for dispatch'; then four more days later, 'a slight backlog' but we're on it; currently, 'we have set your order for priority'. I suspect that outfits like this work on the basis of taking your money a quickly as possible so they can bulk up their liquidity or play the markets or whatever. But it's on my credit card dime and I pay the interest! I'll sit it out a bit longer then report them to the authorities because they plainly appear to be in breach of consumer protection laws--evidently advertising products they may not actually have in stock. "

Rep reply posted Apr-26-2016

“Dear Graham Pearcey,

I sincerely apologize for not meeting your service expectations. I value your business and can assure you that we are doing everything we can to expedite the delivery process on your behalf.

The substantial number of orders that we received over the past few weeks has caused a brief disruption to our normal operations. I seek your extended patience whilst we aim to complete your order asap.

If there is anything more I can do for you, please do not hesitate to personally contact me again.”

gwenandjack's Avatar

2016-04-26

Binnybo

"I ordered a Fitbit Blaze on 4/11/16 and the ad said shipped2-4 working days arrive 6-9 working days. It is now 16 days and it's not even shipped. They only contacted me in reply to my emails and still can't tell me when it will be shipped. Not happy with the service ( or lack thereof )

Rep reply posted Apr-26-2016

“Dear Gwen Savage,

I'm Sorry for the inconvenience we have caused. After checking with our team regarding this issue, we were informed that we've got some delays on our warehouse.

We value your business and hope to further extend your patience with us a little longer. Please rest assured we are doing our best to expedite delivery of your order.

Should you have further queries please contact us any time.”

2016-04-25

WARNING - fraudulent and criminal!!!!!!

"I just can confirm the bad ratings of valueBasket in this forum and on the internet in general. the practices of these people are highly fraudulent. I haven't received an order confirmation after more than a week but the money was immediately deducted from my credit card and guess what - transferred to Gibraltar.
now the customer support wants to get a copy of my ID in order to proof my identity as otherwise they would not accept my order - this story is just getting more and more ridiculous. I have canceled my order last friday with no response so far of course. if I don't hear back this week then I will set legal steps.
I will update this forum and many others on the progress

This review was modified by markusP on April 25 2016 06:27:04 AM
Rep reply posted Apr-25-2016

“Dear Markus Pardeller,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We'd like to clarify that any new order added into the system must go through our security system and unfortunately, your order was flagged for further manual verification.

It is unfortunately you have declined to provide additional information for this procedure and preferred to cancel instead. Please do know that the verification is required to ensure orders are delivered safely for the benefit of both parties.

For any other concerns, contact us again.”

2016-04-25

Stock levels are not accurate.

"When purchasing, the website stated 37 units in stock. After making the purchase I was contacted over a week later advising they were out of stock. Poor communication is a understatement. "

Rep reply posted Apr-25-2016

“Dear Mourad Lotfi,

After checking your info on our end, i can confirm your order has been cancelled and refunded. Your cancellation towards this is issue is understandable. Please rest assured we are doing our best to avoid this kind of issue from happening again.

We value your business with us and hope to restore your trust with us again. Should you have further queries please contact us any time.”

2016-04-23

Item said it will ship in 2-3 days, didn't arrive after 4 weeks - so I cancelled

"Same experience as other reviews below. I expected my new mobile phone before I left for a trip. It didn't arrive on time. There was no communication. Two weeks later, I get back home expecting it to be here and it wasn't. When I write to them I get a generic answer. The status message they give within your account is vague and changed twice with still no more info. They charged my credit card upon ordering, which is not proper in the US. I cancelled my order and they eventually refunded my money.

I don't recommend buying anything from them.

This review was modified by nooneuknow22 on April 23 2016 06:23:52 AM

“Dear Tina Trenkler,

We value your business with us and we hope you can restore your faith to us again in the future

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us any time.”

2016-04-23

Disappointing all round

"Had a product advertised that seemed to be out of stock elsewhere. Said it would deliver in 2-4 business days.
After 6 business days, having heard nothing, I contacted them to see why my order wasn't marked as processed or sent. Was told it was still being processed.
Was subsequently contacted by email to say the product wasn't in stock and was unavailable. They offered me a discount on another item.
Not wanting another item, I asked for a refund. That was two days ago and as far as I know, it has not been refunded yet.
All round, a very unsatisfactory shopping experience. Would have just bought elsewhere if I had my time again.

“Dear Emmalaura Messe,

Rest assured our relevant team is investigating this case and one of our agents will get back to you to resolve your refund ASAP
Please accept our apologies once again.

Should you need further assistance, please contact us any time”

2016-04-22

Dont bother. Go to a website you trust

"Was sucked in by the low prices. My purchase went through smoothly, but took 2 days before an update was available. Then after 4 days I called them asking for an update and was told that it was meant to be shipped a day ago and they will prioritise the order. 4 days later I call them again. Was told there now was a backlog and that there was no ETA. From reading other reviews this started to sound familiar. Requested refund. Will never purchase from here again."

“Dear Will Tough,

After checking with our finance, i can confirm that your order has been cancelled as per your request and refunded back to your account. You may also check with the bank with regards of this transaction.”

2016-04-21

No delivery

"Two weeks after ordering and paying still no delivery.gave me some b.s. about very large orders for the exact same item as me.seems to they advertised a product they didn't have in stock.not happy"

“Dear Jim Cowan,

I have advised our Customer Service Team and an agent will be in contact with you to provide resolution on this matter.

Should you have any further queries, please contact us any time.”

2016-04-20

No Communication

"Item has still not arrived 2 weeks after ordering. Received an email "thank you for your order", then no contact, I asked the question a week later, took 2 days for a reply. Said we will hear when item is shipped. Another week has gone by, and still "NOTHING"
I ordered another phone from another site, and received it in 8 days!!

“Dear Tania Partridge,

I'm sorry to read that our service was not as per your expectations.

Your comments are well noted and passed to our Service Improvement Team so we can do better in the future. I have advised one of our agents to contact you as soon as possible to rectify this issue. My apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Your extended patience is very much appreciated on this matter.”

2016-04-19

order didn't show up after 4 weeks so I cancelled order.

"order didn't show up after 4 weeks so I cancelled order. Initially there was no response, so as I had purchased through Paypal I used this method. There are many review sites that shows that my experience was the norm, so I cited a few in my Paypal claim. Money refunded a few hours later."

“Dear Damon Nichols,

I'm sorry to read that our service was not as per your expectations.

We value your business and we hope you can restore your faith with us again in the future.”

Share ValueBasket.com's store rating

ValueBasket.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValueBasket.com is a merchant member
ValueBasket.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,612 merchant members.