• Contact: http://www.valuebasket.com/contact

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.90/10 2.90/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.90/10 2.90/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Brilliant. Timely, trustworthy, and good prices. "

"They did a good job. Very satisfied and happy with the price for the ordered lens but delivery was completed after 13 days. Trust you to improve on that."

"Don't buy rip off

They quoted me £215,99 for a Samsung tab 4, when I got my credit card statement they had charged the bank in Euros which came out to be £230.45. I complained and after many phone calls and written complaint they say this acceptable practice.

It took 11 days for the item to arrive.

Further more they sent a foreign product which doesn't fit the uk plug point. I complained and apparently they say thats ok too.

This has been the worst service I ever had and please save yourself all the trouble. I have to now spend a day on the phone sorting out this mess. These guys are dishonest and won't put things right without legal action

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-17-2014

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

An agent shall be in contact with you to provide further assistance in resolving this matter.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"Ordered for a headset on a very low price and delivered after 5 days. Great service! Will definitely recommend this site."

"No complaints with the price or speed of service, but the nokia phone they supplied became faulty. They accepted it was still in warranty, so I returned it - and that's when the problems started. Nothing but holding messages and excuses. Now three months on since returning it, there's still no sign of a replacement, repair or my money back. Looking at moneysavingexpert forum, I'm not the only one that's had a bad experience. "

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-17-2014

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"There was a slight delay for the phone order that we were informed of. In fact, after the notification we received, we really appreciate the hard work and effort as we were already given of a date for dispatch. We now have the item and thanks for all the help."

"They were very competent. The entire order was easy and fast indeed. Order was successfully delivered. "

"The lens arrived on time. And after some tests with the camera, it perfectly fitted and worked! This only proves that write-ups about them aren't all true. There maybe some but not all orders. Really happy with my purchase and will make sure to do it again."

"Nikon camera has been delivered after 8 days. The time frame has not been an issue the fact the camera's price has been very fair."

"Well packed and fast delivery. Awesome!!
Highly recomended

"Very pleased as the order came on time and no hassle encountered. Will come back to order again. Thank you and keep it up."

"Bought a Fujifilm X30 from Value Basket it was over £130.00 cheaper than the competition and I found the customer service very good delivery took 10 days but at this price it was worth the wait."

"Buyer beware - be very aware! My perception is that they operate in the grey market rather than being a first level distributor

One thing that you definitely need to be aware of even if you read all of the negative feedback & still take the risk to deal with them is that irrespective of where they appear to be based, local phone numbers and domain names they operate out of Hong Kong & have no stock in your country – you will be liable for local import taxes when you receive your delivery in fact if you factor this into the pricing then the perceived deal is much less attractive, they are still going to be cheaper but not by as much as one might have first thought

That aside you are going ahead the hidden tax and negative feedback have not dissuaded you, what can you expect to happen? When you place your order, presumably you are going for an item “ in stock” which in itself is a very interesting psychological ploy, as in stock as explained later really does not relate to the availability of the item in question, more it is a ploy to entice you to buy, items listed as being “out of stock” add the perceived validity of the operation, one thinks that they are selling out of stock they are shifting product, people must trust them and buy from them, it also helps to nudge the purchasing decision, the perceived bargain needs to be snapped up as this company regularly sells out of stock

They don’t hold stock, when you place your order they then place an order with their supplier. But to go back, you place an order, they instantly take your money, this earns interest in their account from day one.

You will then be asked to verify your details, a utility bill detailing your address and name is required in the name of combating fraud. A very quick way around this is to access a bill on line, screen shot it and mail it back to them instantly. The real purpose of this exercise is to buy time, working on the assumption that you need to go home, access a bill, scan it, then send it to them, then they have bought 1-2 days

Add this to the 2-4 days dispatch time, really what company do you know that takes 2-4 days to post out their goods

Interesting to see from the feedback also is that you have to initiate contact & chase them, they don’t update you, you need to drive the process so often the lag has occurred & the times detailed have been passed before you start to chase up your order.

Say two day to get your account verified then a further 4 days to dispatch. 6 days in total, of course they only count working days so a week has now passed

If they can get the goods from their supplier they will then repackage & on-send of course this often takes longer then 4-6 days so there is the 6-9 day – working days of course so effectively 2 weeks delivery time, again UPS delivers in 3-4 days, irrespective of whether they are working days or not.

The delivery time, as in from when you pay to when you physically get the goods is going to be 4-weeks. If their suppliers are able to fulfill on time

their customer service is prompt but the mails appear to be cut & paste jobs, often sections contradict as they just add the bits that they think they need. thus they all appear to have been written by the same person, they are very apologetic of course but they will lie and deceive,
My own story resulted in my seeking to cancel my order after 8 working days, so 10 actual days due to the fact that my order’s status was “arranging stock – expect to be dispatched in 2-3 days”

I was told it had left their warehouse, but not in their care, nor was it with their courier, hence I could not have the tracking number, then I was told it was being packaged in their warehouse, an email stated that as my order was being dispatched it could not be cancelled and it should be sent out within the next 48-72 hours, really 8-days to package it and then 2-3 days to put it on the courier van

I informed them that I would not be accepting the goods as in signing for them, as such they would retain ownership, care custody and control, the liability for the safekeeping of said goods would rest with them and not me and I demanded the refund, oddly enough this triggered the ability to cancel the order despite the previous assertions that this could not be accomplished.

I am waiting for the refund, which although it takes minutes to be deducted from one’s account apparently takes 7 (you got it -working) days to reappear in my account

In short
They don’t carry stock - You will be liable for local taxes the deal is not as cheap as it appears - There is very limited liability with regard to the quality or condition of the goods - They will take circa 4 weeks to be delivered if all goes well - You may well end up cancelling and losing your money for up to 6-weeks

Me I am waiting patiently for my money back, until the 7-day period expires when I will then instruct my bank to claw the money back as a fraudulent transaction

“Dear Customer,

Your comment regarding the availability of the item on our website is well noted and saved internally for improvements, as we sell on different platforms; our website might show a discrepancy on the pieces in stock but we are in good hopes to be able to implement, change and provide our customers globally with accurate-real time information in the near future.

Kindly note that your refund is in process to be completed and will appear on your credit card statement. If your credit does not appear on your next statement cut, please contact us via webform to further check.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"DO NOT EVEN COME NEAR THESE PEOPLE! My experience with ValueBasket can only be summed up with one word: Nightmare. It began with seeking more information about a product on their website since the information listed was incomplete (didn't list the LTE bands the phone supported). Nobody knew the answer. When I call, they say I have to email, when I email and get a response several days later, they don't know either! This went on for days.

I finally ordered despite not having that information. The day I ordered, they miraculously had the information on the LTE bands, and it turned out that it did not support LTE here in the U.S. despite the item being sold on their U.S. site. I asked for a refund right away (the item hadn't been shipped yet).

I was told I can't ask for a refund yet and to wait 2 business days. Long story short, I ended up having to request a refund 8 SEPARATE TIMES for THREE WEEKS STRAIGHT while continuously being given the run around.

Guess what? OVER ONE MONTH LATER, here I am, STILL NO REFUND. Luckily my credit card company is being very supportive against these frauds and they'll eventually either have to give me back my money or get the pants sued off of them. I kind of hope it's the latter.

This was, by far and away, the WORST shopping experience of my entire life and it's not even close.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would like to inform you that i have made the request for your refund to be prioritize and should be completed very soon.

" Dont do it!!!!!!!!!!
If theres a fault with the seconds item you receive, you will find that they will just cut you off mess you about only how professional scammers know how.
For a few pence more go to reputable sellers and save yourself much stress and money. Some people that give good reviews probably work for them or have just been lucky that nothing went wrong by the time they wrote the review (a week or two ??)
Cant get returns number or a replacement, over a month with many calls and emails and service tickets .THEIR RESPONSE BELOW!
They dont mention the fact that they have not been able to replace a faulty cable in over a month, but promise to make arrangements to take the whole Samung Tab 4 back!!! Still not heard from them in over 2 weeks about the refund.
Their comments just show how bad Valuebasket service is!!

“Dear Customer,

First of all, I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

As your concern is about a returned item, an agent shall be in contact with you to provide further assistance regarding this matter.

ValueBasket.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValueBasket.com is a merchant member
ValueBasket.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,909 merchant members.