• ValueBasket.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.57/10 3.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.01/10 4.01/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.32/10 3.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"Excellent support especially they were able to provide information on delivery tracking. This has now been received and items were complete."

"The whole process was very smooth and delivery was fast. The only small complaint I have is that the description of what was included in the package, was not very detailed and I purchased an extra accessory which was not necessary, as similar accessories were in fact included in the package."

"Ordered Nikon D750 20.3.2015..money taken out of my account 2 days later [over £1000]. I phoned to ask why if the goods had not been dispatched and got some nonsense about I had to verify my address ..as if I would give a false address for goods I wanted !!!!!....now all sorts of excuses why not able to deliver so I cancelled and asked for a refund...again all sorts of excuses. In my opinion this is a scam ...I have made a detailed report to the Fraud office in England today and notified my bank as well as Visa and Im going to try and stop them from advertising on the net...as for the favourable reviews, I reckon they have written these themselves.... Im not prepared to lose £1100 so watch this space !!!"

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-25-2015

“Dear Customer,

Checking on the order (711319), we would like to extend our apologies for the delay and the inconvenience caused.

Due to the random checks that the system conducts on all the orders that comes in, the order had to undergo some verification. After this was completed, unfortunately, there was a delay on the dispatch on items due to the high volume of orders that were being processed at the time. Rest assured that these are being addressed to avoid any further delays.

At the moment, it shows that the order has been cancelled and refund completed. The funds have been sent back.”

"A good and quick service with all information I wanted"

"Firstly, I ordered and paid for something that was not showing as out of stock. 2 days later I received an email that directed me to an alternative at a discount however that was showing as out of stock. 2 days later they agreed it was unavailable. 14 days later I am still waiting for a refund. Not happy !"

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-24-2015

“Dear Customer,

Your comment regarding the availability of the item on our website is well noted and saved internally for improvements, as we sell on different platforms; our website might show a discrepancy on the pieces in stock but we are in good hopes to be able to implement, change and provide our customers globally with accurate-real time information in the near future.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"Terrible customer service and email messages were clearly "cut and paste" jobs with no actual thought into content. I ordered my item to use during summer, it's now autumn, item hasn't arrived and i've asked for a refund. I will never use ValueBasket again."

“Dear Customer,

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Kindly note that your refund has been completed and will appear on your payment method. If the transaction does not appear on your next statement, please contact us via webform or your bank to further check.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"If you don't mind to waiting, waiting and keep waiting! Just try it! My order from 10 Mar until now 23 Mar, till haven't start shipping out yet! prompt reply for customer service email but all answer like nonsense! They will telling u they have a hundred of order daily, make me feel I should not buy from them, my order will make them very busy, all is my fault! And now status turn to they are currently suffering from backlogs due to influx of sales from our latest promotions! I really no idea what answer is that! Ready to be shipped: 2 - 4 working days and Delivered: 5 - 7 working days! This is what I know the order confirmation in email!

This is the honeymoon gift for my wife! But now i don't think can do this for her end of this month!

Now I really have no idea what can I do! And the customer service officer just keep apologize and asked me waiting!

JAMES

“Dear Customer,

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

I have advised our Customer Service Team and an agent will be in contact with you to provide resolution on this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"Having finally discovered the mobile phone I needed to replace one that was lost I placed the order. I was then subjected to a "verification" check(this has never happened to me before). When approved after nearly 2 days with my order now "processed" I received an email stating my phone was now "out of Stock" BUT was offered a very special discount on any other phone I desired, as long as management approved it. The phone I needed fits a tablet and without it the tablet is useless. No other phone was of any use to me.
I had been monitoring the availability of this phone for days and it never changed from "7". When I placed my order they were suddenly sold out!
In my opinion it was a complete con to get you to buy another phone. Fortunately I received my full refund.
I will never think of buying again from Valuebasket.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-22-2015

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"Ordered a LG cell phone from Value basket, they deducted the payment and then asked for additional proof, which i provided, yet they cancelled my order without giving proper reason. and now i have been waiting for more than 15 days and yet have not received by refund. every time I call or write to them they just say it would be done in next few days. very pathetic and unreliable site. Advice do not purchase. "

“Dear Customer,

A separate security check is a normal process for many online businesses to confirm the identity of the cardholder.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"ordered nikon d3300 four days ago, my experience so far is not good, money is deducted from my account but they have been delaying my order on basis of address proof, even after i have provided valid address proof, my order still shows no processing, i fear of being conned."

"Very competitive in price, free shipping, fast, efficient and overall excellent"

"Poor ordering process that took an inordinate amount of time to process"

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-19-2015

“Dear Customer,

I'm sorry to hear that our service has been so disappointing.

We greatly appreciate your comments and we will do our best to improve this in the future.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"After you deduct the money from my account, without any reason your company just cancelled my order, according to your secret precautions.
I still didn't get the refund.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-19-2015

"Item delivered within reasonable time frame, 2 issues to follow up though:
1. No documentation for warranty and extension;
2. Charging AC adaptor not for Australia
Apart from that quite happy, Allan Harvie

"I bought an ASUS Zenfone 5 from VB on November last year. It arrived on time and has worked well until 2 weeks ago when the loudspeaker failed with no sound except from ear phones. Asus didn't want to know as it was "purchased outside the UK" even though payment was made IN the UK. I finally returned the phone to VB's UK office by courier. This is just a mail pick up office - nobody from VB lives there! I can't get a sensible response from VB "Customer Support" as to when I will get a repair /replacement or even where it will be repaired. Their UK repair centre is a myth.
I will NEVER buy anything from Value Basket ever again and am now considering starting a section 75 credit card charge back.
VB reply is typical. Full of platitudes but no answers. I just want to know when I will get my phone back. Their Customer Support is a joke!

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-20-2015

“Dear Antony,

Upon checking on the order's history, we would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

The item is currently on its way to our main repair center. We understand your concerns on having the item serviced, not by our local service centers instead. For a few of the products, we are sending these to our main service centers due to the limited parts that may be required for the item, or other service requirements. Rest assured, however, that we are carefully following such case and you can check back with us anytime for an update.

Once we have received the item for repair, and once it is ready to be sent back, we will be contacting you right away.

Many thanks for your kind understanding and patience with us.”

Share ValueBasket.com's store rating

ValueBasket.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValueBasket.com is a merchant member
ValueBasket.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,839 merchant members.