• ValueBasket.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.82/10 3.82/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.39/10 4.39/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.56/10 3.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.07/10 2.07/10

"Very dissapointed with the shipping delays. I ordered on April 1 and today is 16th and the items has not even been shipped yet. "

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-15-2015

“Dear Customer,

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

I have advised our Customer Service Team and an agent will be in contact with you to provide resolution on this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"Took 4 weeks to arrive!! Phone is locked and cannot be used!! Not happy!!"

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-15-2015

“Dear Customer,

I'm sorry to hear about that, that's very disappointing! There might have been a slight mistake in the manufacturing process, or perhaps the wrong version was sent by mistake. I will advise our Customer Service Team to send you a replacement right away. Expect an email from our agent with instructions on how to return your item.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"Great site - Great value. Will definitely use again, and will recommend to anyone looking for good service and value."

"Placing my order with ValueBasket was simple, no fuss and delivery was as expected. Very Happy Thank You!"

"Very slow delivery!
After 10 days of waiting, we only received an email told us to wait another 8 days to dispatch from the warehouse,
...and another 7-10 days of the shipping period?
...Very Disappointted!

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-13-2015

“Dear Customer,

I'm sorry to hear that our service has been so disappointing.

We greatly appreciate your comments and we will do our best to improve this in the future.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"I ordered a camera lens on 31 March 2015, and it is now 13 April and my item is currently 'Order in queue' We are experiencing a slight backlog at this time but anticipate dispatch in the coming days. Thank you for your patience.
I just wish they had a better system of letting customers know what was going on as these seem to be standard answers/excuses.
I would just like to know a truthful status and expected delivery date.

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-16-2015

“Dear Jason,

First of all, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the order's delay. We understand the frustration and concerns with the long wait. Rest assured that we are following-up with the relevant department for the item's immediate dispatch.

Once released, we will notify you with a tracking ID, as provided by the courier, for tracking the delivery.

We appreciate your patience with us and kind understanding.”

"When the order was approved, had received constant emails from the support team. And finally when dispatched, was provided of additional information to track the order. Order has now been received and everything was excellent."

"web site advertised phones in stock
first email said a delay of bout two weeks
next email said why don't you buy something else
why would I try and buy from this group again?

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-12-2015

“Dear Customer,

Your comment regarding the availability of the item on our website is well noted and saved internally for improvements, as we sell on different platforms; our website might show a discrepancy on the pieces in stock but we are in good hopes to be able to implement, change and provide our customers globally with accurate-real time information in the near future.

In the view of the stock availability, we suggest our customers to select something else as a alternative. But if the customer doesn't want something else, a cancellation and refund will be processed accordingly and please note your refund has been completed.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"My Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth safely arrived 10 April 2015. Very fast shipping. The saller wrap the good in 5 star condition. I will trading ValueBasket.com again

"My order was delivered extremely quickly with constant updates until it arrived. Thank you!! "

"The ordered product has just been received. Delivery took more than 2 weeks due to issues with customs."

"Had expected for a delivery in 9 business days as promised. Unfortunately, through email was informed that there will be delays because of stock issues. Appreciate the in information provided. My order for the phone has now been received after 2 weeks."

"I placed an order for a Canon camera in January 2015. Valuebasket took payment from my card immediately, appearing on my statement as Valuebasket Gibraltar GI, although I later discovered that they are based in Hong Kong.

The camera arrived late, after promises & much chasing, in sealed manufacturer’s box which said: NOT INTENDED FOR SALE OUTSIDE JAPAN. CONTAINS NO WARRANTY FOR OUTSIDE JAPAN. Everything else is in Japanese, so I have no idea what it said.

The charger had plug pins for Japanese sockets. An adaptor was added to the package but it was a cheap, tacky travel set of very poor quality &, again, without any manufacturer/supplier identification or any CE or similar certification. I asked them to supply the correct item.

After 6 weeks of their ducking & diving, they asked me to send the camera back for a refund but their ‘Returns Policy’ sets out re-stocking fees that make it pretty clear that any refund would fall short of the money paid.

By then, I had googled them (wish I had done that before) & found any number of disgruntled customers so I decided that the cost of replacing the charger was very likely much less than the risk of, at best, a partial refund. The Canon camera itself, is excellent.

My advice: steer well clear of Valuebasket. Their responses to reviews above are just mealy-mouthed platitudes without any substance. They are rogue traders.

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-09-2015

“Dear Customer,

I'm sorry to hear that our service has been so disappointing.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"I ordered a Sony Xperia z3. Delivery wasn't the swiftest but was reasonable. However, having tested the phone I decided it wasn't what I wanted and should've stuck with iPone!! (Not their fault I hasten to add).
As are my consumer rights I requested to return the item well with in the 14days, fully in the knowledge that I am liaible for any postage costs and the item must be returned in as new condition.
They have replied and are expecting me to return the phone to an address in HONG KONG. This will cost well in excess of £50 almost 20% of the value of the phone. Clearly this is completely unreasonable, had this been highlighted at the start of the transaction I would have never gone through with it.
They aparently have an office in London and repair centres in the UK, surely I should be able to send it there?
I was going to purchase the iPhone from them - I won't bother.
I have phoned their customer service to complain, but was told they don't deal with returns and I will have to email!

After some discussion they are arranging to collect the phone, thus I have revised my rating on the assumption they will honour their commitment.

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-09-2015

“Dear Customer,

Note that the center in UK is only for faulty items, since your is not faulty this order cannot be returned to the repair center. As a gesture of goodwill, we will request for the collection of your order.

A Customer Service agent will be in contact with you with the process.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"The order was handled and fulfilled as stated. "

Share ValueBasket.com's store rating

ValueBasket.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValueBasket.com is a merchant member
ValueBasket.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,859 merchant members.