Stores > ValueBasket.com

Customer service: Rating 1.42/10 1.42/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

2016-07-20

Terrible Company

"Be aware everything ships from China so it takes 6-8 weeks. Returns are very expensive.

I was checking on prices while waiting for a Nikon lens and accidently ordered a second one at a higher price! After weeks of hassle to get a Return Authorization (no number, just an address) I returned the second one unopened. It took SIX MONTHS of me constantly badgering them to process my refund. And of course it was for the lower price order.

STAY AWAY!

This review was modified by SleepyAligator on July 20 2016 10:51:59 AM

2016-07-19

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! THEY OWE ME £400 FOR A MOBILE HANDSET I CANCELLED

"This company is fraudulent - i ordered a mobile phone from them which was not delivered to me for weeks despite the time frame for delivery given. I cancelled the order and they have now not refunded me the £400 and have given NO valid reason as to why. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM."

2016-07-14

Fraud company - stay away

"Order made on 8th May, paid the same day, delivery confirmed within next 8 days.
Till end of May nothing received.
On 4th June order canceled and no refund till today (14th July).
Plenty the same cases described for Polish section.
------------------
They pick 1 order out of 10 to make good impression, all other orders drop to trash can. Price is also considered upon doing the selection (cheap are prefered). This is why there are some positive feedbacks. I had bad luck and lost !1100EUR,

This review was modified by bogwil on July 14 2016 06:54:47 AM

2016-07-07

BUYER BEWARE OF VALUEBASKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"MY PHONE FAILED AFTER ONLY 6 MONTHS ,NEVER OFFERED A RETURN OR REPLACEMENT AFTER WEEKS OF CHASING THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM, PAID OVER £200 AND NOW HAVE NO PHONE AND NO REPAIR WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN.NOT UK COMPANY SO BUYER BEWARE AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOHN POTTS

This review was modified by JULIEGPOTTS on July 07 2016 12:17:29 AM

2016-07-01

Worst customer service ever!!!!

"Sent faulty drone off to them for repair. 3 months and still no reply or any return date. Ayessa, customer service adviser absolutely clueless. Do not buy from this company. Worst customer service ever!!!!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by Jfscnfdnhdn on July 01 2016 11:29:16 AM

2016-06-29

Constant updates, prompt responses, items shipped as ordered.

"Purchased Nikon 35mm f/1.8G Lens.

They updated me every step of the way and delivered in 1-2 weeks. Box was dented but items were working perfectly. E-mails sent to them were promptly replied. Note that I purchased the shipping insurance.

Recommended!

4/5 star as box holding the lens was damaged but content still works fine.

This review was modified by sshahgi on July 04 2016 02:17:15 AM

2016-06-26

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

"I bought my son a pair of Astro A40 headsets for his computer for Christmas at a cost of £114. They became faulty as he lost all sound in them so I contacted Value Basket in January as they were under warranty. It took ages for them to get back to me but I eventually heard back from them in February of this year after they seemed to employ delaying tactics in telling me how to return the item. After around 5 or 6 emails over the course of a month they eventually sent me a returns form and address label to return the item. We are now almost 6 months down the line and anytime I enquire about the whereabouts of the headset I am fed some story about waiting to hear back from the technical department. They clearly have no intention of repairing or replacing the item and are just hoping I go away. They also don't seem to have a UK based address so that should have set alarm bells ringing in the first place. Very dodgy company - DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THIS COMPANY.

This review was modified by darkbluedko on June 26 2016 05:08:11 AM

2016-06-21

FRAUD: never dispatched, never refounded

"After waiting a long time (over a month) for my order to be dispatched (in the meanwhile they just wrote apologies emails), I've decided to ask the refound, they didn't even answer me back.
If I don't see my money back by today, tomorrow morning I'll be reporting the case to the local authorities.

UPDATE:
After calling the uk support (I am in Italy so I had to pay a bunch of money to call them) I finally got an answer by email, saying that they need about 4 days to refund my money, plus 3 days because my bank needs to elaborate the refund, so a total of 7 days.
My bank said that actually it doesn't need any time to process the refund, so I called Valuebasket back to ask them if they could respect the 4 working days they promised for the refund, they first hung up on me, after calling back again they didn't even seem to care and didn't even send me the confirmation email they told me I would have received after my call.

This review was modified by ggal5612 on June 22 2016 12:24:01 AM

2016-06-15

Warranty is a joke!

"First they sold me an international version of the Olympus TG-4 with not mention of it on their website which the international version has no warranty coverage from Olympus and I was having power button problems a month after owning and figured oh well I can send it back to Olympus maybe Value Basket will make things right. Wrong! I sent it back after jumping through all the hoops, even had to send video proof of the problem and pictures of the package, etc. They ship the camera to Hong Kong and all I get is we found no issue and they sent it back so much for all that work. I get it back same issue, but even more often. So I contact them again and sent it back again and go through all the hoops again. This time they just told me that the small scratches on the rear lcd is abnormal wear and they won't do anything and want to charge me to ship it back. I tried arguing my point and all they can do is shift blame and are accusing the courier for damage. Worst service I've ever received. The warranty is a joke and being outsourced to China."

2016-06-14

Avoid to not waste your time and disappoint yourself

"I bought on the 9th of May galaxy s6 edge 64 black, I was prepared that I have to wait a little bit before I put my hand on the new phone. Anyway one month passed and they had not dispatch the item. I open 4 tickets asking them when they will dispatch and they always replied and gave me a silly excuses (influx of website and platform sales) and that they upgrade my order for free to Express Delivery on the actual dispatch day. however, 36 days passed and they sent me an email telling me that the item is out of stock, they ask me if i replace my order with anything else and they will give a big discount. I thought same phone but with different colour (white). anyway they replied that i have to pay extra 39 pounds as the white is more expensive. Dealing with valuebasket.com unpleasent and unprofessional.
I will give them undeserved extra 2/3 days to process a complete refund or I contact my bank to dispute the transaction.

This review was modified by yusufh on June 14 2016 10:17:19 AM

2016-06-09

Very frustrating - Be careful with this company- Avoid completely

"Very frustrating dealing with this company in Spain. I have paid for a camera €337 plus extra delivery insurance and from that moment on 25 April until 10 June I have received nothing but apologies that they are busy. They continue to take orders and give excuses. No clear answer and many people have a problem receiving their items as I now see on the reviews.6 weeks later and nothing sent to me??

Muy frustrante tratar con esta empresa. He pagado por una cámara de € 337 más el seguro de entrega adicional y desde ese momento el 25 de abril hasta el 10 de junio me he recibido nada más que excusas que ellos están ocupados. Siguen a tomar pedidos y dar excusas. Hay una respuesta clara y muchas personas tienen problemas para recibir sus artículos como ahora que veo en las semanas posteriores reviews.6 y nada se ha enviado a mí ??

2016-06-08

Avoid at all costs

"Im going to break down my run in with this utterly useless company in a timeline of events. firstly i have ordered a £575 mobile phone and it still isn't here my order was placed on the 21/05/2016

- 30/05/2016 first contact with customer services asking where my phone is.
Their response: Your order is at the processing stage. It will be made ready for dispatch as soon as possible. I understand the urgency to receive the goods asap and can assure you that we're working diligently to fulfill your order at the soonest possible time.

- 02/06/2016 second contact with customer services asking where my phone is.
Their response: I apologize for the delay in shipping your goods. I can see how important this is to you and do apologize for any inconvenience caused

I investigated this matter and discovered that your order was delayed due to a sudden influx of orders that were received over the past few weeks. Our fulfillment team is working hard to clear the current backlog as quickly as possible.

We have implemented a new delivery system to cope with the growing number of orders coming through so that we can handle orders faster and better in the future.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay. We will be in touch as soon as we have a firm delivery date.

- 06/06/2016 third contact with customer services asking where my phone is.
Their response: Thank you for contacting us.

We humbly apologize for the delay in shipping your goods. I have forwarded the matter to our logistics department and they are now overseeing the situation.

Rest assured, we are now doing all that we can to deliver the item at the soonest time possible. We now have assigned relevant manpower for you to cope with the situation to avoid further delay and inconvenience.

I’ve had your order escalated to priority status and see that we've already had it upgraded to expedited delivery.

We added free travel adapter to your order which may allow you to charge any of your electronics devices globally. We have also improved localization service order with which you receive alerts update shipping and you can check their location in real time.

Please allow us few more days to fulfill your order and we will monitor your order closely.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience caused, and hope that this gesture of goodwill goes someway to rectifying the situation.

Thanks in advance for your patience. If you have any further queries, do reach out to us and we'll answer them for you as best we can.

so basically this company from what i can work out is incredibly disorganised. haven't got a clue what is going on and are unable to do basic business activities such as put an order together and send it out to their customers.

don't push your shoddy business managing onto your customers it has nothing to do with us.

plus if you are wondering my order still hasn';t been dispatched. utter joke if i could rate less than 1 star i would

This review was modified by benhighet on June 08 2016 04:22:51 AM

Very slow service

"Incredibly slow. 2-4 days processing time, more like 3 weeks!"

Worst Experience Ever!!!

"I ordered Nikon d5500 on 15th May with a hope that i 'll get the camera by the holidays.Now almost 4 weeks has passed and still i have not received the camera.I tried to call but failed and at last i wrote a mail which i got reply stating apologies for delay and not a single word about dispatch.They are saying that they have backlog but if you will search the same item in their site strangely u'll find these available that too in huge number.I was lured by the price they were offering.Now i have learnt that price not everything.......
By Far my worst experience ever!!!I am not going to suggest anyone to buy from this site ever....If you care for yourself and your money dont fall for this trap...so called Valuebasket.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2016-06-06

Scam site! Never buy anything here!!!

"They catch your money and never send you anything. Their speciallity is the automate answers, delays and fraud. My personal advice: Is you want to save money dont buy anything here!"

Share ValueBasket.com's store rating

ValueBasket.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ValueBasket.com is not a merchant member
ValueBasket.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!