• Contact: http://www.valuebasket.com/contact

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.87/10 2.87/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.74/10 2.74/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.40/10 1.40/10

"BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY.
My camera is Faulty. No many back
They are Ignoring me ! NO ANSWER !
I spend 277€ for nothing !

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-26-2014

Thank you for your understanding.”

"I purchased a pair of Sonos speakers on Value Basket.
I purchased on 21 June and they were delivered on 14 July. This is despite the website stating delivery within 2 to 7 days and the website stating the items were in stock.
While the delay was annoying, I'm now stuck in fight with Value Basket over the damaged item. The Sonos Play:1 was delivered damaged - a massive dint in the front.
The speaker is also shipped with a plug not suited for Australian power points, the international adaptor does not fit in the nominated spot for the speaker.
Value Basket advised me to purchase a replacement plug and they would compensate for the replacement cord.
After a month of waiting, I have today been offered a paltry $10 compensation for BOTH issues. This is both frustrating and insulting.

"I purchased a DJ Controller from Value Basket's Australia website a month ago. Seven days after placing the order, I logged into my account to see if there was a tracking number for the order.

When I logged in there a message Order Held for my order with no further explanation. I filed a support ticked to find out exactly what was going on, and received the following reply: "In regards to your order, we are still suffering from backlogs due to influx of sales from our latest promotions and we are doing our best to dispatch all orders as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we are still unable to give an estimated dispatch date at the moment."

I then phoned Value Basket, and there were not able to give me any idea as to when the order would be shipped. I was tempted to cancel the order, but decided to wait, just in case the order was going to be shipped in the next few days.

In the end, I did receive my order, but it took exactly four weeks to arrive - not the 5 business days that was stated on the website. The item was actually shipped from Hong Kong, but with express shipping did not take long to arrive to Australia, but - it took 3 and a half weeks for the item to be shipped.

Due to the atrocius cusotmer service, this will be my first and last purchase from Value Basket. If I had looked at the ratings here and at Scam Advisor first I would have not purchased from them.

Edit: Value Basket did not even read my review before replying!

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-20-2014

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"I got fooled by its good price and deeply regret for not taking the bad reviews seriously. Luckily the item that i bought is not so expensive and a job well done for managing to scam so many people including me."

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-14-2014

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Kindly note that your order has been dispatched and a email have been sent towards you with tracking details. Please follow up your parcel for latest status. As we can see you have not received your parcel, I have advised our Customer Service Team and an agent will be in contact with you to provide resolution on this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"Despite my better judgement I decided to purchase a BOSE SoundDock Series II Digital Music system from valuebasket.com.
After cancelling my order almost immediately I received an email from one of their "sales consultants" asking why I chose to cancel? After I gave my reasoning behind it (which at this point I had no idea about their history with past customers) the staff member said my money would be refunded in full, which i was prettt happy about.
I then received an email later on in the day (6/8/14)  saying the refund had been processed but please allow  2 - 3 business days for it to clear.
I checked my account again on day 3, this is when all the problems started.
I decided to email them and ask where my refund was?

For anyone who has not been in contact with valuebasket you can only call them, they will not call you because "it is against company policy to make outbound calls" as I was told earlier today by a valuebasket staff member  or you can email (and when you get a reply its from a different staff member each time).

I received an email from one staff member who said she would look into it, I then received an email from another staff member saying they had done it and basically it was my banks fault.
I asked them for a copy for my refund receipt, in which I heard from yet another staff member they will contact accounts and will be in contact.
I decided to check with my bank to see if the hold up was on my side but was told no money had been put into the account and she said they could file a dispute on my behalf if I'd like but for me to ask contact them once more for my money.
By this time I had had enough of this emailing back and forth and not actually getting anywhere so I chose to call them.

When I called a staff member named Elaina answered, I gave her the invoice number and told her my issue, she then went on to tell me it's "out of their hands as it has been refunded and now its up to my bank"
(I had to get her to repeat what she said because her English wasn't very good)
I then went on to tell her that I had just been in contact with my bank and they haven't refunded it and that they will be willing to dispute it for me.. After about 5 minutes of her saying sorry and giving me excuses and how she was going to help me, I asked to speak to a manager to which she replied "Theres no manager in" so youre trying to say there is no one above you? and she was like "no im not saying that" so I told her once more to put me on to a manager. "the manager isn't taking phone calls, you can contact the manager through email only". After more back and forth crap and getting nowhere she said she would have to contact the accounts team blah blah so I told her I will wait until she had spoken to them. "No, but I have to take other customers call" she replied.
I told her to get the accounts team and / or manager to call me back asap. "No we don't do outbound calls" what do you mean you don't do outbound calls you're a business? "Its against company policy" WTF??? Really.
I was told accounts would contact me within 24 - 48 hours via email only.

I was fuming by this point, like face red, smoke coming out of my ears (lol) I hung up no closer than I was before, And then I remembered I paid through PayPal :).

I contacted paypal spoke to a team member and she said she would be contacting valuebasket asking for the refund on my behalf, they have 10 days to reply if not on the 11th day I get my money back.
Well guess what? 7 hours later and the money magically appeared into my paypal account (so much for 2-3 business days).

This company draws people in with their competitive prices and when  it comes to returning you money, is very good at giving you excuses and telling you basically what you want to hear.
If you're currently in a dispute with them I recommend  going to your bank or through paypal .

WILL NEVER BUY FROM VALUEBASKET.COMAGAIN AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND  THEM TO ANYONE!!

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-17-2014

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Kindly note that your refund has been completed and will appear on your credit card statement. If your credit does not appear on your next statement cut, please contact us via webform to further check.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"Un site sincère, avec une très bonne communication ...il tient ses engagements aucun soucis ... Je prêcherais des avis positifs du moins pour la France ... Merci encore"

"J'ai acheté un appareil photo reflex avec objectif sur Value Basket. Les prix étaient compétitifs en comparaison des autres sites. La commande n'a pas posé de problème par contre le délai pour recevoir les produits a été trop long : 15 jours entre la commande et la livraison parce que j'ai contacté le service clients pour faire accélérer les choses. Le service client après m'avoir répondu qu'il y avait beaucoup de commandes à traiter (il faut embaucher si le site est débordé !) a fait son travail et a demandé au service logistique de rendre ma commande prioritaire. L'envoi par chronoposte n'a pas posé de problème : j'étais informée de l'arrivée du paquet. Le contenu était en parfait état. Je regrette quand même qu'il y ait 40€ de frais de renvoi car j'ai renoncé à renvoyer un étui trop petit que j'avais aussi commandé et qui coute 30 €."

"Valuebasket and your Customer Service Department have succeeded in making me extremely angry and upset. You have a moral and contractual obligation to supply me with the goods you advertised, I ordered and paid you for. i.e. AN UNLOCKED SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 MINI PHONE - AS WAS ADVERTISED ON YOUR WEB SITE. Instead, you have supplied me with a locked phone that cannot be used in NZ. This is not what I ordered. I have requested an unlock code but you fefuse to send me one. I feel you are being dishonest and you have cheated me.
This is the SEVENTH email I have sent to you to try to resolve this situation. You asked for order number, IMEI number, serial number model number and i gave this info to you. You then asked for photos of these numbers on the phone; i sent them to you. Then you reply saying you didnt receive any photos; I send them again. Then you reply saying you "need to get a photo that will show that the unit is turned on and will show us the locked message where it requires the code ". .....Do you think this makes me happy with your company? Do you think I am smiling now as I write this SEVENTH reply to you? I feel totally ripped off as I believe they are trying to fob me off by using delaying tactics hoping that i will give up. Why wont they just send me the unlock code?

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-31-2014

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

I have advised our Customer Service Team and an agent will be in contact with you to provide resolution on this matter. In any case, we can offer you a replacement or a full refund. Expect an email from our agent with instructions on how to return your item.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"AVOID - THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!

Ordered headphones which were supposed to arrive in 5 working days. One week later I contacted them to be told that there had been a delay and that they would be delivered by express post in 2-3 days once dispatched, but could not say when that would be.

Asked for a refund, told that this would happen and take around a week. One month later no refund. Contacted again and told it would take another couple of days, then told they could not put the money back onto the original credit card and that I had to provide bank details, and sign an indemnity form.

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-31-2014

Thank you for your understanding.”

"STILL DONT HAVE A SENT ORDER I have nothing but the run around just to try and get my order sent, they took my money 1 week ago and still tell me its in security check 'WHAT" you have my damn money, then told me to send copies of my most recent utility bills so they can verify my shipping address, the shipping address is what i gave them on their order form, WHAT. Will not be sending my private bills. Rang company AGAIN now been told i CANT CANCEL MY ORDER BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL VERIFYING PAYMENT, but in the same mouthful they tell me its been received. WHAT, i have never had this much trouble trying to get an item sent. THEY HAVE MY MONEY IT GOT TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT A WEEK AGO, THEY JUST WONT SEND THE DAMN ITEM. NOT IMPRESSED WILL NOT BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EMAIL AFTER EMAIL PHONE CALL AFTER PHONE CALL NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL"

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-30-2014

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"Order an item from valuebasket and it is faulty. I have written to them. Got few reply from them saying, the matter have referred to the relevant department but till now has not got any action from them.
How long do I need to wait?

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-22-2014

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

An agent will be in contact with you to provide resolution on this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"order cancelled but still dispatch the item, refund been delayed."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-15-2014

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"Ordered a wireless Bluetooth speaker from ValueBasket. It had the best price and I placed the order, and my credit card got charged immediately. I waited for 9 days and decided to check the status of my shipment. It said that "Order Held" and that I had to write to customer service to give more information.
I DID NOT receive an email (not in the spam, not anywhere) to ask me for any further details. I write to customer service who said they "have escalated the matter to our relevant department". A day later I get an email that says the product is OUT OF STOCK and that they would be glad to give a full refund but I have to go through the whole process of canceling my order.
[In the mean time, I checked and they had 4 units of the product available but at a slightly higher price]
I was promised a full refund at the latest 7 days. It has been 14 days since I canceled my order and still no email or and news about the refund of any emails from them.
My status is still at "Refund Request Escalated" and on the site they still have 3 units of the product available.

I would never buy from this site again. What a horrible shopping experience and an utter waste of time. Will ask my credit company to blacklist the site and launch a full inquiry into the refund.
It is a shame that as I thought it looked like a promising site to challenge the likes of the big guns and wanted to show them support.

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-13-2014

First of all, my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We greatly appreciate your comments about our services and we will do our best to improve this in the future. Please note that your refund has been processed and will appear on your credit card statement. If your credit does not appear on your next statement cut, please contact us via webform to further check.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"I was so worried about my order after reading bad reviews... I contated valuebasket whos communictions were brilliant and made me feel at ease. Just think, people are more inclined to leave a bad review if somethings wrong than leave a good review if alls well?! hence why I felt I had to leave a review (as yes i wouldnt usually). Anyways, I placed my order 02-07-14, I was kept upto date with the progress and very happy with the service. I today received my order 10-07-14 sooner than I expected for my samsung tabpro and am thrilled with it! It is a quality high spec tab at a bargain price... brilliant. Thank you valuebasket :)"

"Happy and satisfied with their process. Order was delivered as expected. The tablet works perfectly. Will make sure to purchase with them in the future."

ValueBasket.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValueBasket.com is a merchant member
ValueBasket.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,857 merchant members.