• Contact: http://www.valuebasket.com/contact

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.88/10 2.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.59/10 2.59/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.59/10 2.59/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.60/10 1.60/10

"Order for the Geneva sound system has been easy and fast. Every time to request more information either by email or phone, will get answers directly and they were very helpful. Thanks for the all the help and will buy again."

"I purchased a cell phone on 25/09/2014. After days of continual prepackaged apology email (clearly not written by hand), I decided to cancel the order. Till today I have not seen a penny and looking in internet I found many negative reviews of people who have been waiting months to get their money back (if they ever will recover them back...). I am proceeding to denounce them to the authorities for fraud and report them to consumers associations. I'm trying to warn people as much as i can against this site of well-masked fraudsters. Stay away from it."

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-22-2014

“Dear Customer,

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Kindly note that your refund has been completed and will appear on your credit card statement. If your credit does not appear on your next statement cut, please contact us via webform to further check.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"Just like other reviews, the order as well was delivered late. We had received notices from them as to the delay and agreed to wait. Appreciate the teams' effort as it was shipped express to avoid further delays."

"Valuebasket is my worst online shop experience. Honesty is not the logo of this company, instead disorganization, fraud and unscrupulousness.

I purchased a camera at Valuebasket a year ago. As the article started to have some problems, I contacted Valuebasket on 31.8.14. to organize a repair since the camera is still under warranty. The homepage states that the estimated time of the repair of the articles is 28 days and that the articles are repaired in local repair centres (which in my case is Spain, Barcelona).

It took whole 2 weeks before Valuebasket finally instructed me as where to send the defective article (an address close to my residence).

I sent the camera to given address on 17.09.14 and I was advised by customer service that I will be informed about the whole repair process via email.

A month later, 18.10.14, and I have no information about the status of my camera whatsoever. My email and phone inquiries are responded always in the same manner, i.e. that my camera does not appear in the database as returned. However, I have a confirmation from the post that the camera was delivered and received at the given return address on 19.9.14. So how to explain this? Fraud? Disorganization?

An agent from the customer service revealed to me, obviously by accident, that all the articles are repaired in Hong Kong and NOT in local repair shops. No one informed me about this in advance and no one asked a permission to send the camera abroad, and no one advised me that the time of the repair might be longer.

No announcements from this company are correct. Just to put another example: when calling the customer service, you can hear an announcement that all calls are recorded to provide a good and secure service. The agent on the phone confessed that the calls are not recorded.

I’m highly disappointed with Valuebasket. I’m leaving for a holiday in the next 2 weeks and don’t know when and if ever I will receive my camera again. Any honest company would offer a replacement or a refund for the mistake they did and the problems they are causing me, but this company doesn’t even bother to answer my request for an urgent solution.

In the end, I learnt my lesson and know that it’s not worth it to try to save a bit of money and to buy a product from a company which doesn’t value their customers, neither cares for them, a company which keeps lying to their customers and doesn’t admit own mistakes.

My order and ticket number: [#JFF-529-41596]: VB 278710 (W)

"Order for lens were already received. Thanks a lot for their team who had responded to emails and calls directly. Will surely buy again."

"Order was charged immediately to my account and they were able to deliver after 20 days. Was sad of the very late delivery though emails were received for the status."

"Dispatch has been scheduled immediately for an order of headphones. When finally received it, condition was great and quality was perfect."

"It only took them 6 days to complete the order. The fact that we had a big savings for ordering from them. Good job to everyone."

"I ordered a watch from Qoo10.sg. It was mentioned that it will take 7 to 14 days to be delivered. So when it was 10 days, i email them to check for the status. They were saying that due to the large amount of orders, it was delayed. After waiting for 16 days, i email them again. The same reason they gave me. After 20 days, when i email them again, they told me that the headphone i ordered is out of stock. SINCE WHEN I ORDERED HEADPHONE. Then i clarified that it is a watch. Then they mentioned that the watch is out of stock too. THEN WHY DO YOU NEED 20 DAYS TO FIND OUT THE WATCH IS OUT OF STOCK. Disappointing with no professionalism.

And i am just curious about this company after i read through most of the comments given. Since it is so common for them to do refund and apologize for whatever inconvenience they have created, then why are they still selling stuffs? Are there really that much of stuffs around? Or is it just a scam? Don't they feel shame as a business owner who got the same complaints over and over again? If cannot promise, why promise? Even a kid learn something after making so many mistakes, what is wrong with this company???

"Ordered a Samsung Tab Pro 10.1, they took the money from my card and told me a week later that they had none in stock. They take days to reply to any email and I have no faith that I'll get my money back. Am currently speaking to my credit card company to sort a full refund. Should have shopped elsewhere."

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-20-2014

“Dear Customer,

Your comment regarding the availability of the item on our website is well noted and saved internally for improvements, as we sell on different platforms; our website might show a discrepancy on the pieces in stock but we are in good hopes to be able to implement, change and provide our customers globally with accurate-real time information in the near future.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"LAMENTABLE, sin lugar a dudas uno de los peores servicios que he recibido, he pagado mucho dinero por un proucto que no se cuando voy a poder disfrutar por su mala gestion , y lo peor es que no es algo aislado le pasa a mucha gente, PENOSO no voy a volver a comprar nada que tenga la minima relación con estos tipos"

"SCAM - Avoid at all costs.

31 July - Ordered a camera that was listed as in stock.
29 Aug - Cancelled when it hadn't been dispatched.
03 Sept - Camera dispatched by ValueBasket
10 Sept - I refuse delivery by DPD, as instructed by ValueBasket
29 Sept - Order refunded and I consider myself very lucky

Almost all of the communication I had from ValueBasket was either an automated reply or a flat out lie; including stock levels, tracking number, delivery status, and location of delivery after the courier had confirmed attempting to return it to them.

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-20-2014

“Dear Customer,

We apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Thank you for your understanding.”

"3 Weeks+ and still waiting for a camera. Many apologetic delaying emails of no substance. Finally 1 week ago a "Just Shipped! Your order is on its way and will arrive very soon." email arrived, even with a tracking number. Today I contacted the Courier and no such parcel is in transit. ValueBasket.com just created a tracking number and never arranged dispatch. Upon demanding an explanation from ValueBasket.com astonishingly I received yet another "please wait a few more days" email and nothing else. I have now instigated legal proceedings to retrieve my money. The UK telephone number on their website doesn't exist. Fraudsters. They will take your money and you will not receive the goods, just empty promises. After receiving the reply below which is yet more delaying tactics - there never was a parcel dispatched, I will wait no longer and I require my money back. "

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-14-2014

“Dear Paul,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

May i kindly request that you allow a couple of days for update from the courier's website as usually, they have information on their tracking system once parcel arrives at their depot. You can be assured that delivery shall be made as soon as possible if not already.

Many thanks for your understanding.”

"An order for an LG phone and has been received a bit late. No issues that we were aware of. Good thing though it was late but it was bearable."

"I purchased a Nexus 10 in June 2013 and had to return it under warranty as the camera had stopped working. This was returned to them on the 15th July 2014 and was signed for by them on the 16th July. After 13 weeks I have received no information about my device apart from excuses from a call centre. I also tried to phone them and was put through to a call centre in the Philippines. I am still awaiting a refund or replacement. DO NOT BUY FROM VALUEBASKET EVEN IF THEIR PRICES ARE TEMPTING.

modified review Rep reply posted Oct-13-2014

“Dear Winifred,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would like to inform you that usually for items that needs to be repaired, time frame depends on the service centre. This is due to some parts are necessary for the completion of repair.

You can be assured that update will be provided to you.

ValueBasket.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValueBasket.com is a merchant member
ValueBasket.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,865 merchant members.