Stores > ValoreBooks.com

Customer service: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-09-09

Valorie customer

"Class already started and was supposed to get book but never got it on time . Please don't waste your time renting a book from this company it's so unreliable!!!! Very angry with my service from this company! I regret renting a book from here. "

A rep from ValoreBooks.com, valorebooks.com, has responded

“Hi katrinaa675! Our apologies for the wait. I've looked into your account and see you placed an order on 08/31/16 with standard shipping. Standard shipping normally delivers within 14 business days. I do see that you've already been in contact with our representatives who have assisted you with the steps to obtain tracking from your shipper. You should have your book shortly! Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience! ”

2016-09-09

Sorry, I can't recommend this place

"They did not return my emails or send me shipping label. Next thing I know, they send me to collections."

This review was modified by janellacruz on September 09 2016 09:22:04 PM

A rep from ValoreBooks.com, valorebooks.com, has responded

“Hello there! Our apologies for any inconvenience. I've searched our records and see we sent reminder emails to the address on file on 05/17/16, 05/30/16, and 06/01/16. An email was also sent with each attempted late fee charge for this order. We do apologize if you did not receive these emails. Unfortunately, our policies do state that each customer is responsible for their due date which is presented prior to placing the order. Still, we'll have a representative reach out to you to explain further and provide any assistance you may need!”

2016-09-07

Book Never Received, Told I Am Liable for the Book!

"I have been in constant communication with "Kenny, Customer Service Extraordinaire" about a Calculus book I have not received. The tracking of the package shows it was delivered, but I never received it. Now I am being told I need to file a claim with the post office and am liable for the book. Since when is a customer liable for merchandise never received and isn't the sender responsible for filing claims for packages they ship? I am appalled at the "hands-off" attitude I am experiencing. I have asked multiple times to have someone call me to assist in resolving this matter to no avail. I am prepared to take this issue to the next level as I feel very strongly that I should not be held liable for merchandise not received. Tracking does not guarantee receipt of merchandise and the seller should be responsible, not the customer."

This review was modified by LuciaL on September 07 2016 07:13:22 AM

A rep from ValoreBooks.com, valorebooks.com, has responded

“Hello! We're incredibly sorry to hear your seller was not more helpful to you. We highly recommend you leave them feedback so that they are aware of your experience and can improve their services to you. I do see that one of our ValoreBooks representatives has already issued you a refund for this order. The funds should have posted back to your account by now. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do let us know! ”

2016-09-06

Nervous, but PLEASED

"I was very nervous to order after reading some of the reviews, but you had the BEST price by far...saving over $40 from other textbook rental companies. I decided to take a chance, and my book not only was shipped in a timely matter, but the condition is excellent....exact condition it was given! Fingers crossed that the returning process goes just as smoothly! "

2016-09-05

Won't accept return

"I ordered an access code separate from my nursing book because I didn't realize the book I purchased already came with one. When I contacted the seller who I got it from, Textbook_Rebellion, they refused to take it back claiming "they had no way of knowing whether or not the code was used" even though the seal was never broken and it was in perfect condition. I then contacted valore books who promotes "free 30 day returns" who told me there was nothing they could do about it. Selling it back to them would give me $0, so basically I paid $117 for no reason. Textbook_Rebellion is an awful seller and I will never purchase from them ever again. Valore books is false advertising by promising to accept returns in 30 days when they refused to take mine back and I will no longer buy from them ever again either. Amazon may be a little more expensive, but at least they have outstanding customer service, unlike valore books. "

This review was modified by Kaspen on September 05 2016 10:26:47 AM

A rep from ValoreBooks.com, valorebooks.com, has responded

“Our apologies for the confusion Kaspen! Our 30-day refund policy is applicable for your order. We can certainly help you return this unopened product for a refund. A representative will reach out to you shortly to walk you through the steps to obtain the return instructions and address from your account online. ”

2016-08-30

Rude and Disrespectful Employee

"Mike the customer service representative was very unprofessional. This employee was very condescending and rude while I was asking him about a return. Your website is not very informational on the shipping options. Mike continued to 'huff and puff' in the background when I would ask him where information was located on the website. There was no where to change the shipping option during my order processes. Mike's response to that was "Well if you didn't see anywhere to change the shipping option, wouldn't you think that you couldn't change it then?". Actually no, because listed in your shipping options there are multiple different type of shipping options for textbook rentals, this would leave me to believe that I would have all of those options. Then, when I asked him about the return and the shipping for the return, he said my option was to pay for the return shipping and I would get a refund OR I could wait 30 days and then I would have free return shipping but would have to pay for the books. Clearly that would be much more expensive, being the shipping would be $12, and my books cost was $96. That was very condescending and disrespectful to make that comment, know the price is much more. I have also called your company multiple times in the previous 2 days, never to get an answer from a person. It was automated and continually said that they call would end now. Very disappointed in this company and will never rent from you again. "

This review was modified by burnettde6 on August 30 2016 11:41:46 AM

A rep from ValoreBooks.com, valorebooks.com, has responded

“Hello burnettde6! We really appreciate your feedback. We'll be reaching out to this representative to make sure his phone service lives up to the expectations we hold our company and its employees to. A representative from our escalations department will be reaching out to you to resolve the issue of your return. We'll be in touch soon!

2016-08-28

This is CRAP!

"I understand you have a marketplace. But if I get so far as to entering my credit card number to buy a book and you give me an order number, then how can you a day later send me an email saying my order couldn't be fulfilled?!?!
And then when I go to search for my book to rent on your site after getting the email, the rental price is almost $100 more than it was when I first ordered it and got an order number. --Chegg got my business this semester.

Below is Valore's response, which I'm mostly ok with but at the end it says a rep will contact you shortly- but that hasn't happened 3 days later - Why bother to send the message?

This review was modified by Jason123456789 on September 05 2016 06:44:25 AM

A rep from ValoreBooks.com, valorebooks.com, has responded

“We would like to offer our sincere apologies that your seller had to cancel your order. ValoreBooks is a marketplace connecting independent sellers with buyers across the country. With the volume of books being ordered at any time, sometimes our website does not update the amount in the seller's inventory until after an order is placed. As a result, a customer might have ordered a book that is in fact no longer in stock. When this happens, our sellers try their best to cancel the order right away so that the customer has the time to purchase the item they need from another seller. ValoreBooks would like to apologize again for this inconvenience. A representative will contact you shortly to clarify your cancellation and assist you with getting the book you need. Thank you for your feedback!

2016-08-28

Cheap and easy

"I had never bought textbooks online before and my son suggested I check out: ValoreBooks! I had been paying an outrageous amount of money even to rent from the University bookstore, thanks to the advise of my son i saved over $500.00 in one semester! Thanks"

2016-08-25

Easy to rent, super easy to Return

"Book was in great condition, great pricing. I love how this company provided the packaging & label for the return and reminded me about the return! Excellent transaction!"

2016-08-25

Don't order from them scam

"I ordered book they sent wrong book and then after I sent book back they held my money.. Poor customer service,,,,"

This review was modified by Koshandapoe on August 25 2016 10:42:40 AM

A rep from ValoreBooks.com, valorebooks.com, has responded

“Hi there Koshandapoe! We apologize on behalf of your seller for any inconvenience. I do see that your seller issued a refund for this order on 08/26/16. That refund should have posted to the card on file by now. If it hasn't, please let us know and we'll work with your bank to get those funds distributed to the correct place. Again, our apologies! ”

2016-08-21

Refused to refund me late fee

"My book rental was never delivered and I was charged a late fee, and I contacted an agent and they just told me to track down the package myself and until then, then they will refund the late fee. The package hasn't been found yet, and it's not my fault it got lost by the carrier. I didn't ship the rental late either; I don't deserve this, it's preposterous. "

Rep reply posted Aug-23-2016

A rep from ValoreBooks.com, valorebooks.com, has responded

“Our apologies for any inconvenience TDWU! I see in the notes in your account there was some confusion with your rental return being sent with the wrong shipping carrier. It does look like we were able to assist you with locating the book, settling the order, and issuing a refund for that late fee that was charged. Again, our apologies for any inconvenience! ”

2016-08-21

Nope Nope Nope!!

"I ordered a textbook a month before classes and received a confirmation email that my order had shipped. I patiently waited for 5-14 business days for it to arrive (their contact page says to please not inquire about orders unless it's been longer than the 14 day shipping time, so I didn't). When my book didn't arrive, I wrote them an email and they responded with a very lengthy paragraph of BS about how my order had been CANCELLED the day after it was placed!!! They just never bothered to notify me that they had cancelled my order. Purely awful customer service from a terrible company just trying to make a quick buck. Now I have to scramble to find another textbook for my class. Highly DO NOT recommend using this service. You'll just end up going through someone else anyway."

Rep reply posted Aug-23-2016

A rep from ValoreBooks.com, valorebooks.com, has responded

“Our apologies for the inconvenience kleashby! Our records show your order was accidentally confirmed in the system before the seller verified shipment. You were promptly refunded on 08/02/16 and the funds sent back to your account within 5 days of placing the order. We do apologize if you did not receive the email informing you of the error. We'll do our best in the future to find ways to make sure you can stay up to date on your order more easily! ”

2016-08-19

Don't rent from here

"I am never planning to rent the textbooks from ValoreBooks. I rented two textbooks and at the end of the school year, I received one reminding email to return one of the textbooks, so I did. Since I did not see another reminding email to return the other textbook, I totally forgot about it. But instead of giving me another chance, they went and deduct over 90 dollars for that textbook."

A rep from ValoreBooks.com, valorebooks.com, has responded

“Hi there nyeinnyeintway! We're sorry to hear you were charged the late fee. If you still have this book in your possession, we'd be happy to help you return it so that you can reverse the fee charged for it. A representative will contact you shortly to assist!”

2016-08-17

ValoreBooks- An A+ book rental

"I am just finishing my master's degree, and I always choose to rent my textbooks if the option is available. Valorebooks has come through time and time again with fast delivery, easy return, and the cheapest rates! My favorite book rental company by far. "

2016-08-17

Save trees, please don't buy textbooks when you can rent them

"Thank you for this service. I have saved purchasing $100s on books which I will not use again after finishing the semester class.
I am very impressed with the rental book condition and timeliness of mailing and returning my order.
Your store rocks!

Share ValoreBooks.com's store rating

ValoreBooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValoreBooks.com is a merchant member
ValoreBooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,630 merchant members.