• Address: 268 Summer Street | Suite 502 | Boston, MA

Product & services pricing Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"DONT BUY OR RENT FROM THIS COMPANY !!!
I tried renting a book for $54. Placed it in cart and proceeded to checkout, I checked out and hit confirm..........Upon which I observed they changed the book price all the up to $79.00 WTH ??? Upon getting a agent to listen to this apparent bait n switch scam......He appeared incredulous and disinterested telling me the company changes its prices at time due to " SUPPLY AND DEMAND " I explained I had not ordered the book a week ago...but only 5 minutes ago and that IT WAS IN MY CART AT THE $54 price!!

"SO... I used their sellback option to get rid of a book for some extra cash. They give you a shipping label and an invoice, you've just got to throw it in the mail. The shipping was atrocious. It took LITERALLY 2 weeks to get from IL to KY, even going to WI and IN first. Totally asinine. Then it would sit for days before moving to the next just to sit for longer. When I contacted customer service, I was told exactly what I could see by checking the tracking myself and I could call FedEx to inquire further. Thanks... But just when I thought the book was lost, my sellback was approved and I was paid almost instantly. (PayPal) SO I would more than likely sell to them again but only if I could use my own shipping method. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worth it."

"I have emailed multiple times saying I never received this book. I still have not gotten a refund and I just got an email saying that I have returned this book...I would like a refund as I never received what I paid for. "

"I AM TELLING YOU DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. IT IS A TOTAL SCAM. I SENT MY BOOK THAT WAS OPENED MAYBE 3 TIMES AND WAS IN NEW CONDITION TO VALORE IN EARLY AUGUST 2014. THEY RECEIVED MY BOOK AND SENT ME AN EMAIL STATING THAT MY BOOK WAS REJECTED. HOW COULD IT BE REJECTED WHEN I PACKAGED IT BASED ON THEIR STANDARDS. I ASKED FOR MY BOOK BACK AND VALORE SENT ME AN EMAIL STATING "THEY ARE WORKING WITH THE BUYER TO HAVE THE ITEM RETURNED TO ME AT NO COST AND TO EXPECT THE ITEM WITHIN 45 BUSINESS DAYS! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. I REQUESTED PHOTOS OF THE BOOK THAT I SENT TO THEM BECAUSE I HAD MARKED A SMALL MARKING ON ONE PAGE SO IF THEY ACTUALLY RETURN THE BOOK TO ME, I WILL KNOW IF IT IS MINE OR NOT. I WANT TO GIVE THEM NEGATIVE STARS BUT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND USE any OTHER COMPANY RATHER THAN THIS SHODDY PLACE!"

"Great way to rent books! Love the rental due date reminders and easy returns!"

"I'm still waiting for my book! It has been over 2 weeks since it was supposedly shipped. The tracking number they gave me is useless. Of course they have charged my credit card. I have emailed customer service, but I get form letters in return. You are better off paying full price for books than dealing w/Valore Books! Class started a week ago & I'm stuck w/out a book & out $75."

"ok, so i tried to rent a book for $54. It told me they could not charge my credit card because the address did not match the one on my credit card, which was false because i had that fixed and had just ordered a pair of shoes. But not only did they charge me and take the money off my card, they charged me twice! Then they left me no email, confirmation number or customer service number for them at all, i called and emailed them, no response. Luckily my bank put the money back on the card, thats pretty messed up they are scamming a bunch of college kids. Karma bitches!"

modified review This review was modified by wiliah on June 07 2013 05:58:54 PM

"WORST WEBSITE EVER! I ordered a book in January, but they sent me the wrong book. I kept on trying to get a return label but the link just kept sending me back to the home page. I contacted customer service a bunch of times and they never responded. meanwhile I needed the book for class so I had to spend another $70 at the bookstore. Then I got an email saying my rental was due back and finally gave me a return label. I put the wrong book that I was sent in the box with a note explaining that this was the book I was sent. They still charged me $100 because I sent the wrong book!!!! I contacted customer service and they didn't respond. Because of them I spent over $200 for one stupid book! Never use this website!"

modified review This review was modified by xkimboxcore on June 06 2013 09:51:25 AM

"I got a quote for a book $52.75 and shipped it off. It got delivered. Package Services Delivered May 30, 2013, 6:12 pm SALEM, OR 97302. According to their site, step 4, once we receive your items your payment will be issued. Today date is June 5th 2013. Where is my payment? I contacted them through email and they keep ignoring me. No reply as of yet. I will not be selling back any books on this useless site ever again. Do not make the same mistake as me! Don't trust them!"

modified review This review was modified by Collegekid57847 on June 05 2013 08:24:02 PM

"Renting books was way easier for me then buying. I love the services and adequate amount of time was given to send books back after my semester was over. I love it!"

modified review This review was modified by CarolusM on June 05 2013 11:50:36 AM

"Thank you so very much for letting me know. It was much better renting a book -- we've never done this before. Everything was great."

"VERY BAD, they were supposed to pay me for two books, they gave me two separate shipping labels to two different places, and after two weeks of trying to get a hold of them they claim that when they got one of the boxes that it was empty, of course it was the expensive book!! The post office assures me that it was properly delivered and if the box had been open that they would have noted that, VALORBOOKS screws students. Don't send them your books!!!"

modified review This review was modified by jbalasi on June 03 2013 05:37:35 PM

"I have sold my college books through valorebooks.com. They told me that it took at least 7-10 business days before I would hear anything. I shipped them off on 5/20/2013. Okay, so I patiently waited. I finally receive an email saying one shipment has been delivered, and guess what shipment it was? The cheapest which was $3.00. I contacted valorebooks.com through email wanting answers about my books and if they got to their destination. Well nothing! So I got back on valorebooks.com and looked at my tracking number on each package and I tracked them. Want to guess at something else? Yeah, they were delivered! But I still haven't heard anything from valorebooks.com! I really need the phone number to this place but it seems as if there is no number for them anywhere on the internet!! If I have too and don't get a response from them in at least 24 hours like promised, I will be making a small claims case! $155.00 is nothing to play with when you're a single mom of three kids. I will NOT be selling my books back to these people ever again!"

modified review This review was modified by BethStangRacer88 on June 03 2013 03:13:17 PM

"Very bad customer service and lack of organization. No phone number written on the website. I had to do a research just to find their number. Called 3 times and nobody answered. Left a voicemail, still never heard from them. Wrote an email to them 2 times and did not get a response. I had to use Twitter just to get somebody to notice me and help me out. Paid for the Expedited Mail for nothing. Supposedly 2-5 days, waited until the 9th day to tell me they are refunding my money because the package was apparently lost . Never using this company again. I DO NOT Recommend this to any one."

modified review This review was modified by MayMay1988 on May 31 2013 06:19:53 AM

"I rented a book way back in 2011. Returned it via their shipping process and forgot about it. Now I'm receiving calls from debt collectors on behalf of Valore Books. After sending numerous emails and filling out their contact us page numerous times without a response I googled for their phone number. I was basically informed by their manager that I never sent the book and since I didn't have a tracking number from 2 years ago I was SOL. I repurchased the book and sent it again. According to their website it was received 17 days ago. I'm still receiving calls from debt collectors.

DO NOT USE VALORE BOOKS

modified review This review was modified by gea78 on May 30 2013 12:01:18 PM

ValoreBooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValoreBooks.com is a merchant member
ValoreBooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,851 merchant members.