• Address: 268 Summer Street | Suite 502 | Boston, MA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.26/10 3.26/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.85/10 2.85/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.40/10 2.40/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.38/10 3.38/10

"I purchased a book for a class from valorebooks and they said it should be at my house in 2 days from shipping since the books' sender was located an hour away from where I live. It has been almost a week and my book still hasn't showed up. And I am not able to track the book because the sender did not get a tracking number. So, I went to cancel my order and I am not able to contact the seller directly. So valorebooks responds back and they type in the email Seller Name: _________ and Seller Address:_________ and both were blank!!! Then to cancel the order I have to send the book back with a tracking number... but the seller isn't required to have one? I think policies need to be looked into! Do not buy from this site!"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-22-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Our sincerest apologies for the terrible confusion surrounding your order! In order to determine the best solution regarding this situation, a representative will be contacting you directly to request more information, shortly. We appreciate your patience in this matter!”

"Terrible company. I sold back books to them and my package got damaged and they refused to reimburse me for the contents. I emailed them for 2 months and talked to various "managers" who sounded very immature and unprofessional when talking with them about the problem. They flat out told me they would not do anything"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-19-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're sorry for the negative experience you've had with your Sellback order! In order to better assist you, please list the order number to which you are referencing and a representative would be happy to contact you!”

"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I REPEAT DO NOT! THIS COMPANY IS TRYING TO SCAM STUDENTS! EVERY SINGLE BAD REVIEW IS TRUE. THEY DECEIVE CUSTOMERS OR SHOULD I SAY VULNERABLE STUDENTS BY SENDING YOU "TRACKING INFORMATION" AFTER YOUR ORDER UNDER FALSE PRETENSES. I HAVE A TRACKING NUMBER FOR A PACKAGE THAT HAS NOT EVEN BEEN SHIPPED!! IT HAS BEEN CLOSE TO 2 WEEKS AND IT STILL HAS NOT SHIPPED AND THEN THE ESTIMATED SHIPPING DATE IS A THREE WEEK SPAN! ON MY ORDER IT SAYS EXPECTED SHIPPING IS 9/17- 10/03... PLEASE DO NOT ORDER HERE. seriously spread the word, share on Facebook tell students don't order with this company. I AM LOOKING INTO PLACING A COMPLAINT THROUGH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. BE WARNED!"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-18-2014

“Hello Vera,

Thank you for contacting ValoreBooks customer service. I apologize for the confusion with your tracking number. You can track your package at http://www.upsmailinnovations.com; your shipment (9241996901177426172056). Your package has arrived in San Jose, CA and will deliver to you shortly.

Thank You!
Customer Service”

"It has been 3 weeks since I ordered my book, and I still have not received it. Also, when I click on the tracking number, it shows up as non-existent.
As a first time customer, I am extremely displeased with the site. No one should have to wait 3 weeks for a textbook. And I am not willing to wait another 3 weeks for a book I needed 2 weeks ago.

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-18-2014

“Hello,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble this delay has caused. I am currently reviewing your order and it appears as though you selected Standard Mail which may take 4-14 business days in rare instances up to 21 days. We do realize the timeframe has now been exhausted and a 48 hour claim has been sent to your seller. You were CC'd on the email sent to shipped and will update within 48 business hours. We appreciate your business and hope to have your issue rectified shortly.

Thank You!
Customer Service”

"Excellent prices, and services for buying and selling and renting."

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Happy to hear that our services were satisfactory! We hope you return to us for all your buying, selling, and renting needs!”

"I have never rented a textbook before now because I was afraid returning it would be a hassle. I have to say that this was effortless. I have no problem renting books online from them again. It was great. I would definitely recommend them."

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our rental program and we hope to continue as part of your schooling experience!”

"Never again. Ordered book because it said it came with pass code. Oh wait it doesn't. Big waste of time. "

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Our apologies for the confusion! Upon reviewing your order, we were able to determine that the individual seller listed notes, stating "TEXT ONLY!!!! Ships fast. Expedited shipping 2-4 business days; Standard shipping 7-14 business days. Ships from USA!!!"

Our rental policy also states that rentals are not guaranteed to come with supplemental materials:

"Awesome way to save on textbooks! I couldn't find even a used text book or e-book for less than $95 and the Valore rental was $35. The book was delivered quickly and was easy to return.

I will use as often as possible!!

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're happy to hear that you'll return to us for all your future needs! We work to provide the most competitive rates and to keep our services quick and easy!”

"I want to thank you Valore Books for all your help , in my time of need you were right on time. Your books are priced fairly low and your rental rates are not bad either. Thanks again. "

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your college experience! We will continue to provide the best rates and hope that you continue to use us in the future!”

"Very easy to deal with. Would do it again."

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We appreciate your feedback and hope that you continue to use us in the future!”

"Absolutely horrible. Listed the book as "Good" condition and it is FAR from it. Tape all over the cover and back. Covered in stickers, Someone removed some of the tape and ripped part of the cover off. Was listed as a teachers edition and it is NOT. Was shipped in an envelope that was ripped in several placed - leaving the corners and binding severely damaged. Paid over $100 for this book and received very damaged goods."

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We apologize for this terrible inconvenience! A representative will contact you shortly with return instructions and further details on obtaining a refund!”

"I ordered a book on August 24th, it's been about 20 days and I'm still waiting for it. Since they don't provide a tracking number, I have no idea where my book is, however, they were promptly on charge me the $70. I also tried to sell back one of my old books, the process took forever and I finally got an email saying that it wasn't the right book....
Don't order with them, try chegg instead, quotes are about the same and sometimes even cheaper, they offer coupons so the shipping is free, you have a tacking number and you actually receive your books in a week.
Also, I sold another book on SellBackYourBook, the process was fast and payment was quickly delivered to my PayPal account.
On response to ValoreBooks.com: I ordered stuff from eBay that was shipped from China (Standard Shipping as well) and 9 days later my package was at my front door.

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Our sincerest apologies for any trouble you've experience with your order!

Upon further review of your order, we currently see that your order is still within the Standard Shipping time frame, which you selected at the time the order was placed. We've included the link to our shipping time frames below:

"I wish I could give this company negative stars as it's one of the worst I've ever dealt with. Definitely scammed me for two somewhat expensive books which I was stupidly tricked into with outrageously high sellback prices. DO NOT USE THIS SITE"

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We apologize for this terrible inconvenience! Upon further review, we see that you were assisted by a representative on 09/11. If your questions were not answered, we are more than happy to assist you further. Please let us know how you would like to proceed!”

"This place is extremely shady and beyond unprofessional.
I ordered a book that was later cancelled. Thank god I know how to read my email. In the cancellation email I was told that I would be fully refunded within the next five days. This was two weeks ago. I still don't see a refund statement.

The next book I had ordered recently on Sep. 3rd paying for expedited shipping (2 to 5 days). I am now leading onto day 8 and my book has still not come. If I would of know this, being a broke college student, I would not only of paid for the cheaper standard shipping but also never of ordered from here in the first place. Trying to track this order results in an order that "cannot be found". Not only frustrated with having no idea where the book I paid for is but the fact that you can only "email" to contact this company. There is no phone number and when it pops up to email the company there isn't even an emailing address. Hopefully I get an actual "email" in the next "48 hours" regarding where my book is being that I have a quiz tomorrow morning over the book I ordered a week ago that "cannot be found". Absolutely ridiculous.

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're sorry to see that you're having trouble with your orders! A representative will reach out to you via email with further regarding your cancelled order and to assist with your current order!”

"I received my book in great condition and then found out I needed a different book. I called and was able to easily return the book and receive my refund. Thank you!"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-10-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're happy to hear it! We also hope to be a part of your continuing college experience and are happy to provide our services in the most satisfactory and convenient manner!”

ValoreBooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValoreBooks.com is a merchant member
ValoreBooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,849 merchant members.