Write a review »
  • Rating 1.17/10 828 reviews

ValoreBooks.com is not a merchant member
    ValoreBooks.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • ValoreBooks.com contact information

• Address: 268 Summer Street | Suite 502 | Boston, MA
    • Contact: customerservice@valorebooks.com
    • Phone: 888-825-6731
    • Customer Support: 888-825-6731
    • Business Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST Mon - Fri

"WORST WEBSITE EVER! I ordered a book in January, but they sent me the wrong book. I kept on trying to get a return label but the link just kept sending me back to the home page. I contacted customer service a bunch of times and they never responded. meanwhile I needed the book for class so I had to spend another $70 at the bookstore. Then I got an email saying my rental was due back and finally gave me a return label. I put the wrong book that I was sent in the box with a note explaining that this was the book I was sent. They still charged me $100 because I sent the wrong book!!!! I contacted customer service and they didn't respond. Because of them I spent over $200 for one stupid book! Never use this website!"

modified review This review was modified by xkimboxcore on June 06 2013 09:51:25 AM

"I got a quote for a book $52.75 and shipped it off. It got delivered. Package Services Delivered May 30, 2013, 6:12 pm SALEM, OR 97302. According to their site, step 4, once we receive your items your payment will be issued. Today date is June 5th 2013. Where is my payment? I contacted them through email and they keep ignoring me. No reply as of yet. I will not be selling back any books on this useless site ever again. Do not make the same mistake as me! Don't trust them!"

modified review This review was modified by Collegekid57847 on June 05 2013 08:24:02 PM

"VERY BAD, they were supposed to pay me for two books, they gave me two separate shipping labels to two different places, and after two weeks of trying to get a hold of them they claim that when they got one of the boxes that it was empty, of course it was the expensive book!! The post office assures me that it was properly delivered and if the box had been open that they would have noted that, VALORBOOKS screws students. Don't send them your books!!!"

modified review This review was modified by jbalasi on June 03 2013 05:37:35 PM

"I have sold my college books through valorebooks.com. They told me that it took at least 7-10 business days before I would hear anything. I shipped them off on 5/20/2013. Okay, so I patiently waited. I finally receive an email saying one shipment has been delivered, and guess what shipment it was? The cheapest which was $3.00. I contacted valorebooks.com through email wanting answers about my books and if they got to their destination. Well nothing! So I got back on valorebooks.com and looked at my tracking number on each package and I tracked them. Want to guess at something else? Yeah, they were delivered! But I still haven't heard anything from valorebooks.com! I really need the phone number to this place but it seems as if there is no number for them anywhere on the internet!! If I have too and don't get a response from them in at least 24 hours like promised, I will be making a small claims case! $155.00 is nothing to play with when you're a single mom of three kids. I will NOT be selling my books back to these people ever again!"

modified review This review was modified by BethStangRacer88 on June 03 2013 03:13:17 PM

"I rented a book way back in 2011. Returned it via their shipping process and forgot about it. Now I'm receiving calls from debt collectors on behalf of Valore Books. After sending numerous emails and filling out their contact us page numerous times without a response I googled for their phone number. I was basically informed by their manager that I never sent the book and since I didn't have a tracking number from 2 years ago I was SOL. I repurchased the book and sent it again. According to their website it was received 17 days ago. I'm still receiving calls from debt collectors.

DO NOT USE VALORE BOOKS

modified review This review was modified by gea78 on May 30 2013 12:01:18 PM

"I am VERY UNSATISFIED with them. After a very delayed delivery on most of my books, I received one that had been completely covered in coffee stains and I emailed their customer service (apparently emails are the only way they can be contacted) to ask about how I should deal with having received a damaged rental. After sending two emails, I still did not receive any response. When it came time for me to return the rental I was charged the full price of the book. I of course emailed them again to complain about the charge, but I doubt I'll get any type of response to that email either. DO NOT use them for rentals or purchases. You may have to spend a little more at another site, but it'll be worth the price for actual customer service."

modified review This review was modified by takahash90 on May 20 2013 12:01:59 PM

"Sold two textbooks to ValoreBooks for a total of about $90 in January 2013. Shipped the books as directed and a month later...nothing! I contacted them and was direced to a third party that they shipped my textbooks to....they said that they only received the $7 book and not the $83 book. Wrote 7 emails and made 23 phone calls to ValoreBooks and to this day (5/17/2013) I have never been contacted by them and have not received a penny for my textbooks. I have sold to Amazon and many other companies and have always been paid promptly.....this company is a total rip-off when it comes to paying for the books you sell them. STUDENTS BEWARE....DO NOT SELL TO THIS COMPANY....APPARENTLY THEY CONSIDER YOUR BOOKS A DONATION."

modified review This review was modified by JCIULSLACK on May 16 2013 07:38:28 AM

"Valorebooks.com is not a good place to make purchases. They don't speak with you about your concerns, they give you the run around if you have to return your books. In my case I returned the book and my money was never refunded or no explanation was given to me. They are a ripe off and I would not recommend this place to a dog. Awful place to purchase books."

"I NEVER TOUCHED MY RENTAL. AS SOON AS IT ARRIVED I SENT IT RIGHT BACK BECAUSE I NO LONGER NEEDED IT (IT TOOK TOO LONG TO ARRIVE). IT WAS LESS THAN 30 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE SO I WAS SUPPOSE TO RECEIVE A REFUND SINCE FEBRUARY. I DO NOT PLAN TO EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MERCHANT OR VALOREBOOKS BECAUSE THEY WILL NEVER REFUND YOU YOUR MONEY LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO!"

modified review This review was modified by Charmelle on April 26 2013 11:02:51 AM

"I returned my book a week after I received the book but never received a refund. I contacted costumer service and they said they will look into it. They never did. "

modified review This review was modified by alalgahmi on April 26 2013 08:37:42 AM

"I was very happy with the service. I was really nervous because the book was SO cheap, but it came on time and in good condition. Although it was the international version (which wasn't indicated clearly but doesn't really affect the use of this book) and the CD that came with it is broken. Would definitely use valorebooks again."

"bought my $180 text book that's $55 to rent for $26.00 with shipping and was supposed to get it in "4-14" days. I got it in less than 2 business days no expedited shipping, and this bad boy shipped from INDIA. Valorebooks.com is AMAZING! I read a few bad reviews and was a bit scared, but I had absolutely nothing to worry about. I will definitely be using them again. "

"Complete shit. I tried to do some sell backs with 4 of my textbooks. After I got a quote, I boxed up my books, and paid for shipping to send them over. WEEKS later, I get an email saying that I would only get paid for one out of my four books AND I don't get the other three books back? Why? I'm not really sure because they've yet to reply to my 2 emails. The money they're offering for one of my books is less than the cost of shipping them in the first place. Several MORE weeks have passed and I still haven't gotten any replies OR the check they told me they would send out for my one book.

Update: I sent a third email after I wrote this initial review and STILL no response and STILL no check. I've never written a bad review before this one but now I literally want to go on every single review website I can find and tell everyone I can about how completely horrible ValoreBooks is.

modified review This review was modified by cchew on February 18 2013 10:01:58 PM

"Valorebooks was absolutely awful. It took them 12 days (12!) to ship my book to me, even though I rented it for a set period of time. It ended up taking 7 more days for me to receive it! So I rented a book for about 2 months, 19 days of which was spent waiting for the book to arrive. I tried contacting them 3 times and when I FINALLY got a response, they didn't give me any pertinent information. They just said "please wait longer." I had no tracking information given to me, so when I got the book, I tracked the package to see exactly when they had shipped it. It was then I found out it took them 12 days from my order date to get around to shipping it. Not only that, but they dropped it at a third party shipping site, and it didn't actually enter the USPS system until 3 days later! It was atrocious and the customer service was AWFUL. I will never ever ever use them again. "

"No book, sent money, no tracking, no response and still no book. "