• Address: 268 Summer Street | Suite 502 | Boston, MA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.98/10 2.98/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.24/10 2.24/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.88/10 2.88/10

"Absolutely horrible. Listed the book as "Good" condition and it is FAR from it. Tape all over the cover and back. Covered in stickers, Someone removed some of the tape and ripped part of the cover off. Was listed as a teachers edition and it is NOT. Was shipped in an envelope that was ripped in several placed - leaving the corners and binding severely damaged. Paid over $100 for this book and received very damaged goods."

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We apologize for this terrible inconvenience! A representative will contact you shortly with return instructions and further details on obtaining a refund!”

"I ordered a book on August 24th, it's been about 20 days and I'm still waiting for it. Since they don't provide a tracking number, I have no idea where my book is, however, they were promptly on charge me the $70. I also tried to sell back one of my old books, the process took forever and I finally got an email saying that it wasn't the right book....
Don't order with them, try chegg instead, quotes are about the same and sometimes even cheaper, they offer coupons so the shipping is free, you have a tacking number and you actually receive your books in a week.
Also, I sold another book on SellBackYourBook, the process was fast and payment was quickly delivered to my PayPal account.
On response to ValoreBooks.com: I ordered stuff from eBay that was shipped from China (Standard Shipping as well) and 9 days later my package was at my front door.

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Our sincerest apologies for any trouble you've experience with your order!

Upon further review of your order, we currently see that your order is still within the Standard Shipping time frame, which you selected at the time the order was placed. We've included the link to our shipping time frames below:

"I wish I could give this company negative stars as it's one of the worst I've ever dealt with. Definitely scammed me for two somewhat expensive books which I was stupidly tricked into with outrageously high sellback prices. DO NOT USE THIS SITE"

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We apologize for this terrible inconvenience! Upon further review, we see that you were assisted by a representative on 09/11. If your questions were not answered, we are more than happy to assist you further. Please let us know how you would like to proceed!”

"This place is extremely shady and beyond unprofessional.
I ordered a book that was later cancelled. Thank god I know how to read my email. In the cancellation email I was told that I would be fully refunded within the next five days. This was two weeks ago. I still don't see a refund statement.

The next book I had ordered recently on Sep. 3rd paying for expedited shipping (2 to 5 days). I am now leading onto day 8 and my book has still not come. If I would of know this, being a broke college student, I would not only of paid for the cheaper standard shipping but also never of ordered from here in the first place. Trying to track this order results in an order that "cannot be found". Not only frustrated with having no idea where the book I paid for is but the fact that you can only "email" to contact this company. There is no phone number and when it pops up to email the company there isn't even an emailing address. Hopefully I get an actual "email" in the next "48 hours" regarding where my book is being that I have a quiz tomorrow morning over the book I ordered a week ago that "cannot be found". Absolutely ridiculous.

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're sorry to see that you're having trouble with your orders! A representative will reach out to you via email with further regarding your cancelled order and to assist with your current order!”

"I received my book in great condition and then found out I needed a different book. I called and was able to easily return the book and receive my refund. Thank you!"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-10-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're happy to hear it! We also hope to be a part of your continuing college experience and are happy to provide our services in the most satisfactory and convenient manner!”

"was hoping for faster shipping but didn't pay to expedite. book arrived right about the 14 day mark and was in better condition than I was hoping for. looked like the wrapper had been taken off and shipped. very please with my purchase. thank you"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-10-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Glad to hear you're happy with our services! Most sellers offer expedited shipping, which can take up to 7 business days to deliver, although it is typically much sooner! If you have any questions regarding shipping, you can contact us through our customer service portal and we would be happy to assist!”

"Upon seeing the overall reviews for ValoreBooks, my experience with them now makes sense. Customer service is terrible--when I wanted to ask about a refund for a book I NEVER RECEIVED, I was still not sure whether to contact the 3rd party seller or ValoreBooks. It's frustrating not being able to call a customer service line and only hoping that either seller gets my email request.

I was provided a tracking number on a book that I rented from GreatEduBooks for which I paid expedited shipping. After a week of nothing, I checked the tracking number I was provided on the website-only to find that FedEx said no information exists for such a tracking number. How could ValoreBooks charge my card without even making sure the book was actually shipped? So then I had to contact the 3rd party seller, and ask where my package was--they informed me that they could not ship to PO Boxes and to tell them a new address. Were they not going to tell me that they couldn't ship? Clearly not, because I had to reach out first to see where in the world my package was. I emailed them twice, giving them a new address and asking them whether they could update me on the status of my order. No response. I'm falling behind in my classes now thanks to this terrible customer service. I'm going to return the rest of my order and hope that ValoreBooks is competent enough to refund me the rest of my money. I'm extremely disappointed and would only use this service again if I get an appropriate response.

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-09-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're very sorry to hear this! In order to better assist you, a representative will reach out to you via email to collect further details.”

"no tracking number was provided on my shipment but the book did arrive promptly after shipment and is in even better condition than expected! i would definitely order through valorebooks again"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-09-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Thank you for your feed back! We're glad to hear that your order was delivered promptly and in the best condition! Should you choose to use us again in the future, you can always click the "Contact Seller" button next to the item to request tracking and communicate with the seller! We hope to hear from you again!”

"This is a horrible company. I ordered a text book from them over a month ago and they have yet to deliver. There was no number listed for customer service, after some serving I finally found it. Then when I called they were pretty much useless. They apologized and told me it would take another 3 to 5 business days to even see what happened with the book. I told them I wanted my money back and they said they didn't know if that was possible. I am extremely frustrated. I will NEVER order from them again!!!"

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“What a terrible inconvenience! A representative will reach out to you to review and figure out what's going on!”

"ValoreBooks understand how expensive college can be. That’s why we give students the option to buy or rent cheap textbooks from over 18,000 verified sellers and rental providers. The average student saves about $500 each year when buying or renting all their required books from our marketplace. At the end of the semester, students can then sell back their used textbooks for the highest sellback prices online. We offer fast, easy payment, free shipping, and instant online quotes-making it easier than ever before to score more money for your used books.

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Thank you for your feedback!”

"College students STAY AWAY! This place markets to college students but fails to provide one of the most basic services students need: prompt delivery. I know third party sellers are responsible for shipping, but Valorebooks seems to look the other way for dishonest sellers. The seller in my case provided a "fake" tracking number (label printed, but book not actually turned over to the USPS). It's been 14 days and I'm still waiting for the post office to get the book so that they can deliver it. It seems Valore is satisfied with sellers providing a shipping label number instead of ensuring their books are actually shipped. My emails have gone unanswered. As a student, I need the book before the semester is over or a refund so that I can buy it from another seller. Never again!

Update: Got an email from Valore Customer Service. They suggested I wait longer. I caved in today and ordered the same book from Amazon with over-night shipping. I'm already behind in class and Valore can't tell me when their book will arrive, just that it's in transit. It's been in transit for more than two weeks! So in the end, Valore's promise of cost savings actually ended up costing me much more as I've had to pay Amazon full price and for rush shipping so that I don't fall further behind in class. Someday (maybe soon, maybe not), I'll finally get the book I ordered through Valore and if I want to return it, they'll expect me to pay for shipping and restocking. The business lesson for this MBA: avoid fly-by-night outfits and stick with proven sellers.

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We apologize for the terrible inconvenience! A representative is reaching out to you via email in order to provide further details and to assist you in any way we can!”

"Great experience! Book came in perfect conditions and shipping was very fast. Will definitely use ValoreBooks again.
Thank you.

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear our process was convenient!”

"Lies and deception.

I ordered a book on August 18th that I needed by August 30th. on August 19th the book showed as being shipped, but with no tracking information. When I didn't receive the book by the 30th, I contacted Valorebooks and was told that I chose the slower shipping system which takes 4-14 business days and that since it was shipped the next day (their words), i was still within the 14 days and that it wasn't their fault. I had to contact my credit card company to dispute the charges. The book finally arrived this week and upon checking with the USPS I came to discover that they book wasn't even shipped, nor was shipping postage purchased until the 26th of August. Valorebook allowed the item to sit for 8 days after sending me a notification that it shipped on the 19th. When questioned about this there was no response other than "Well you got the book." This shows what Valorebooks thinks of their customers and if they are willing to lie and be deceptive, they will do that just to keep your money. A business with this lack of integrity doesn't deserve your time, money, or business. Wanna guess what excuses they post?

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Our sincerest apologies for the trouble you've experience. I will provide further details regarding your order via the email that is listed on your order!”

"I wish i had read all these bad reviews earlier. I decided to rent a text book from Valorebooks because it was the cheapest option. I payed extra for second day shipping. I believe someone else wrote that their tracking number was useless and I believe mine is too. It is saying it was delivered on the second day but here I am three days after it was supposedly delivered, empty handed. The more bad reviews I read, the more I believe this company is a scam."

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-05-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're sorry to see that you've experienced so much trouble! We will need a bit more information regarding this to further assist you. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly!”

"A month after I placed the order I still haven't received the book. I got an email today thanking me for returning my rental, i didn't return my rental! I never even received it. I was charged for the book and never received it! Now it is impossible to get ahold of customer service and my only option is to hope they reply to my messages. I have to look for the book elsewhere because at this point I am falling behind in class work. Absolutely ridiculous. "

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-05-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We completely understand your frustration! A bit more information is needed to better assist you. A representative will be reaching out to you shortly!”

ValoreBooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValoreBooks.com is a merchant member
ValoreBooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,848 merchant members.