• Address: 268 Summer Street | Suite 502 | Boston, MA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.45/10 3.45/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.32/10 3.32/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.57/10 2.57/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.39/10 3.39/10

"Do NOT rent from this site! Right after I ordered my book, I noticed that shipping time would take up to 3 weeks... I went to CANCEL my order 5 minutes after placing it stressing that I needed my book within the next week and a half. I receive no response until 3 DAYS LATER AFTER I received notification that book had shipped. So I return the book and it was received at their warehouse within timeframe of getting refund. I STILL HAVE NOT received a refund and it has been OVER 14 business days. It's ridiculous that it has been over a MONTH for them to resolve this - AND IT STILL ISN'T RESOLVED"

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“I apologize to hear of the trouble you are having with your order cancellation. As a marketplace, ValoreBooks must forward any cancellation requests to the customer service department of the independent sellers on our site, our distributors . This request may take up to two business days to circulate through their system and to the warehouse at which point the item may have already shipped. Our records indicate that a refund for this order was issued today 9/26/14. Please contact us at customerservice@valorebooks.com if the funds for this order do not appear back on the credit/debit card used within the next 2-5 business days. Again, we do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your business.”

"Sold them a book, it arrived on time as confirmed by FedEx, then they paid $12 instead of the quoted $39.

I inquired to customer service, they say OK and that they will MAIL a check for the difference. MAIL??? The only payment method on the site is PayPal

To what address will the check be sent, I ask? TO SOME COMPLETELY RANDOM ADDRESS IN LOS ANGELES THEY SAY!!!!! Seriously!

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“I sincerely apologize for the confusion regarding the payment of your order. I have looked into your account and it appears your book was incorrectly quoted upon arrival at the warehouse. ValoreBooks understands that this is an inconvenience to our customers and is working with the warehouse so that this does not continue to happen. A representative from our customer service department will be in contact with you to remedy this situation. Please expect an email from our customer service department by the end of the day. Again, ValoreBooks sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience this has caused you and will resolve this order very soon.”

"DO NOT! DO NOT! DO NOT SELL YOUR BOOKS!
I sold a book to them and then was told that the buyer would not accept due to a few markings in the book which was fine as long as I got my book back to sell somewhere else. This process started in Feb. 2014 and I still haven't received anything! I have emailed them several times and they keep telling me to wait 45 days for them to send it. They will scam you and it looks like they have done this before. Just don't do it, go somewhere else!

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We are incredibly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our records show that a payment was issued for this order on 08/07/2014 at 09:26AM. Again, I apologize that this payment has not reached you at this time. Please do contact us at customerservice@valorebooks.com so that we may confirm your address and issue another payment to you. We will attach tracking information to this payment so that you may monitor your payment's progress to you. I have noted your account so that a representative will be able to efficiently assist you. We look forward to hearing from you and are happy to help with anything else you might need.”

"these guys are great I have been buying my daughters college books from them from the be ginning saving hundreds of dollars. Books have always been delivered very fast and as described renting is so easy as is the return process don't know what I would have done without you guys thank you very much keep up the good work"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-25-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're happy to hear that we've been a part of your daughter's schooling experience! We work to provide the most competitive rates and to keep our services quick and easy!”

"Worst company I have ever dealt with. I am still waiting on a refund from them from an order I placed in August. They never even notified me of my order not being in stock, but gladly took my money. (Which I paid for expedited shipping.) The customer service is atrocious. I have already contacted the better business bureau and my credit card company to try to get this money back, but this company will not answer to anyone. They are crooks. Nobody should use this company. "

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-25-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Our apologies for the terrible inconvenience! Upon further review, we are able to see that you were assisted earlier today. If you need further assistance, please let us know and a representative will reach out to you shortly!”

"Very happy with transaction. Will not hesitate to do business with again!"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-24-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our rental program and we hope to continue as part of your schooling experience!”

"Great service! Saved money by renting and ValoreBooks was diligent about sending me reminder emails so I returned the book on time."

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-24-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're happy to hear that our process was smooth and easy! At Valore, our customers are our first priority. We continuously strive to keep our process easy and our rates low. Glad to see you were able to take advantage of this!”

"Don't sell your books back here on this site. I tried to sell back a copy of my $120 book here in hopes of getting as much back as possible. Come to find out that the buyer won't buy it due to a "damaged binding" when it was in perfect condition when I sent it. I feel like I've been duped from my textbook and I regret trying to sell it back here. I'm beyond pissed and customer service is sucking with communications."

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you! We understand your frustration and we are taking the appropriate measures to have your rejected item returned to you.

A rejected item return request was submitted on 09/16. If you are not contacted by a representative informing you otherwise, you can expect the item within 45 business days. Thank you for your patience in this matter!”

"This was another satisfying rental experience with ValoreBooks.com. We'll continue to use them. Thank you!!"

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're happy to hear that you'll return to us for all your future needs! We work to provide the most competitive rates and to keep our services quick and easy!”

"I appreciated the free return shipping, the reminder emails and the super fast delivery on the book rentals. They had the best prices and great service. They shipped right away. (I was surprised this semester when I made the mistake of using a different company and it took them a week just to ship the books. Won't do that again. Thank you, ValoreBooks.com!"

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

"I would NEVER rent, buy, or sell with this company again. The books NEVER come on time. They will overcharge you, and even when you show proof that they did, they will REFUSE to refund you. Customer Service is very unprofessional. It is someone who is emailing you and you could almost wait a week for a response. Unprofessional business, BUYER BEWARE!!!!!"

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Our apologies for the confusion! A representative will be contacting you shortly regarding the discrepancy.”

"I really love your service guys and it literally saved me about $68 dollars on only one book , which is the deference between the rental cost from the bookstore at the college and the price from valor ebook. I paid about $25 dollars rather than to pay $93 dollars at the bookstore. Thank you guys "

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're elated to hear that your experience with us was an excellent one! Your feedback is truly appreciated and we hope to continue as a part of your college experience!”

"I highly suggest not renting a book from Valore Books regardless of the cheaper price. Chegg is a much better option even if the price is higher. I ordered books from Chegg and they shipped in less than a week in great condition with only a slightly higher price. However paying the extra money was well worth it. I ordered one of my books from Valore Books because of the cheaper price, this was a huge mistake. I have waited two weeks and counting without receiving my book, and my rental is already losing days. Meaning I am losing days on my ninety day rental without even receiving my book yet. I highly suggest staying away. Do not cave because of a cheaper price. You will regret it."

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We apologize for any delays you are experiencing! Upon further review of your order, we are able to determine that your order is still within the Standard Shipping time frame, as chosen at the time the order was placed. Please use the link provided to view our shipping time-frame breakdown:

"I purchased a book for a class from valorebooks and they said it should be at my house in 2 days from shipping since the books' sender was located an hour away from where I live. It has been almost a week and my book still hasn't showed up. And I am not able to track the book because the sender did not get a tracking number. So, I went to cancel my order and I am not able to contact the seller directly. So valorebooks responds back and they type in the email Seller Name: _________ and Seller Address:_________ and both were blank!!! Then to cancel the order I have to send the book back with a tracking number... but the seller isn't required to have one? I think policies need to be looked into! Do not buy from this site!"

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“Our sincerest apologies for the terrible confusion surrounding your order! In order to determine the best solution regarding this situation, a representative will be contacting you directly to request more information, shortly. We appreciate your patience in this matter!”

"Terrible company. I sold back books to them and my package got damaged and they refused to reimburse me for the contents. I emailed them for 2 months and talked to various "managers" who sounded very immature and unprofessional when talking with them about the problem. They flat out told me they would not do anything"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-19-2014

valorebooks.com, ValoreBooks.com rep has responded

“We're sorry for the negative experience you've had with your Sellback order! In order to better assist you, please list the order number to which you are referencing and a representative would be happy to contact you!”

ValoreBooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

ValoreBooks.com is a merchant member
ValoreBooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,844 merchant members.