VIP Camera Reviews - vipcamera.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 25 reviews

VIP Camera is not a merchant member
VIP Camera does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Complete scam. I received the same routine about needing to buy all sorts of "extra" things that digital cameras usually come with (e.g. battery and charger), then received the camera in a badly damaged "factory-fresh" box and with a photocopied instruction manual. Tried to call to process a return authorization number, no answer -- voicemail loop hell. Sent an email, no answer. Finally, filed a dispute with my credit card company, and THEN received a call from someone at VIP asking me to call him back at a number that was clearly his personal cell phone. By this time, the website was down. This person gave me an address to return the camera (clearly a home address, and not the same one on my invoice), and asked me to "drop" the credit card dispute. They never processed a refund, and are sketchy beyond belief.

Go to the BBB, file a complaint with the IFCC (http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp), etc. etc. They are BAD news.

"I ordered a digital camera from this company right before Christmas. I had an email asking me to call their store to verify something. When I did, the guy talked me into buying a warranty (probably a good thing now!), and the package including a bag, extended life battery, mini-tripod, and a couple of other things. Fortunately, I got everything and the camera works. The battery is dead though. It won't take a charge. I tried calling them before January 1, 2005 and that's when the answering system gave me the loop routine. The website was up for a few days, but then it disappeared. BAD NEWS! They should have given customers the news that they were going out of business and there was no possibility of returning anything purchased."

"Like everone else says, this store is absolutely a scam, I was stupid enough to place an order without checking the reviews first and found out the next day that nothing from the store exists anymore (web site down, phone out of service), they should not even be allow to be listed in froogle anymore after all the negative reviews."

"Do NOT buy anything from this company! I ordered a camera from their website over a week ago, and didn't even recieve a confirmation E-mail. I E-mailed them and asked them to send me a new confirmation E-mail, and they haven't even responded yet! Another bad thing about this company is that all five of their telephone numbers don't work. I tried calling each one of their numbers, but after you press "2" for customer service, my call started over again. I read in another responce that there is only one guy running their entire business. To make matters worse, their website is no longer in service! This company is a scam, I regreted buying the camera from this store ever since I tried calling them the first time. Don't fall for this scam, there are plenty of other places to buy cameras at, this is not one of them."

modified review This review was modified by penguin11 on January 26 2005 06:17:34 AM

"S C A M

The myriad phone numbers all go to the same menu system that just goes in a loop no matter what you press. The VeriSign link doesn't work. It's a very nice web site made to look like the real thing, but it is not. TOTALLY FAKE. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

"These other reviews are dead on, The Panasonic GS120 I ordered from this clown was to good to be true. There is no doubt this is a scam and there is only one guy who runs the entire business. It has been 2 months and I have yet to get my camera or even a tracking number. I had the same run around with the sales pitch, the email "camera on backorder", gray market w/ no warranty, called for 1 hour straight and never did get through to a real person. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. I have cancelled the credit card I gave them and plan to file a complaint with the better business bureau. Please Do The Same IfYou Have Been Scammed. We need to put this clown out of business."

"Watch out for this store. They will try and sell you additional items that you don't really need, and if you try and return them-they will make you send everything back, becuase of a "package upgrade." Everything about this store smelled of fraud, but when I called and complained about the camera, I got $50 in store credit to buy tapes. Then when I bought tapes, they said "for an extra $20, we'll upgrade those 3 tapes to 4, and they'll be our high definition tapes too!" Buyer beware"

"SCAM!!!! I attempted to order the Nikon D70 via internet and got the call us to verify order. I called and they wanted me to buy more memory. When I declined they wanted me to buy a better lens. When I said no they said they won't have the camera until after Christmas. I cancelled the order.

"I tried to purchase a digital camera from this merchant. Merchant claims on his website that all items are brand new factory fresh. After I placed an order, merchant left me a message to call him for order verification. After trying to get through for half hour, he finally answered the phone. After verifying my order he tried to sell me an extended life battery stating that the only batteries that come with the camera last 20 minutes. After I declined to buy any he got very rude. He requested I buy a 1 - 3 year warranty. I asked him how long was the manufacturer's warranty. He stated that there is none and that he would not be shipping the camera out if I did not buy a warranty. I told him to go ahead and cancel my order. He got very rude and defensive. He used profanity and hung up the phone on me. He did sent me an e-mail stating my order had been canceled later. Buyers please beware of this scam!!!!!! They use low prices to lure you in and then expect you to buy load of extra stuff. I did buy the same camera from a different merchant later on. Upon receiving it, I found out that it does come with a rechargable lithium-ion battery (charger included ofcourse) and a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. What does that tell you about VIPCamera?"

"SCAM - Just as others have said. I wish I had seen this first. I ordered the Canon ELPH, best price on net, that night I get a call to buy accessories and waranty. I refuse insisting I only want the camera. 10 minutes later I get an email saying my camera is on backorder and won't be available for 4 to 6 weeks. Only difference with others is I'm going to wait them out, even though it was for Christmas - I hope they loose money on this camera. They should not get away with this!"

"This company NEEDS to be shut down. I really wish I knew about resellerratings.com before I ordered. Pretty much the same storey. Ordered a video camera. We're expecting our first child soon so you can imagine how important this purchase is. Called to follow up and I'm a sucker like that... I got sold on the new battery and extended warranty. Asked if I going to get a tracking number. Never got one, called back and he said I should have it before the holidays. It pretty much went like this:
me: "what's up w/ my order?"
vip: "should be in before the holidays"
me: "woohoo... and oh yah, can I edit my order? I don't need the battery anymore."
vip: (disgruntled) "wha..? I can't edit orders."
me: "okay, cancel my order"
vip: "what..? okay, how about $5 off the battery"
me: "no... just cancel."
vip: "fine, I'll take it off."

minutes later, I receive an email that it's on backorder and it'll take 4-6 weeks.

I called back and asked the guy what's up w/ the backorder now. His instant reaction was, "okay, I'll go ahead and cancel it."

I have half a mind to replace my credit card now. I feel uneasy knowing that they have this information.

"Comany is a rip off joint. I placed an order for a camera, 3 days later the company called back and tried to get me to add some over priced accessories. When I stated "No" they asked why and I said because I could get the accessories somewhere else cheaper. The rep then said "well why don't you buy the camera somewhere else then" I said "No, ship the camera as I ordered it" to which the rep replied. OK that should be there in 4 to 6 weeks. At this point it was obvious that they were trying to get me to cancel the order so I did. This company is a rip off joint and everyone should avoid them."

"This company is the biggest SCAM I've ever dealt with. Their price on a Panasonic camcorder was the best I'd seen on the internet. (If it sounds too good to be true...) Several days after I ordered I received an email from their "verification department" asking me to call a 1-800 number. After over 20 unsuccessful attempts to reach a live person, I finally reached a salesman.

This salesman informed me that I should buy a $199 warranty package with the camera. If I didn't, they would accept NO RESPONSIBILITY for damaged or DOA shipments. This is unimaginable!!! He also informed me that I would have to purchase a $99 battery because the battery that came with the camcorder only lasts 10-15 minutes. Have you ever heard of such? (yeah, me neither...)

This company doesn't deserve your business - please go somewhere else where they treat you, the customer, fairly.

"If you are thinking of buying from this company, PLEASE do not. They are the epitome of slime, deceit, and are a disreputable sinkhole that no consumer should ever have to fall inside. I ordered the Nikon D70 and also got the "call our verification department," where a man spent 10 minutes talking me into buying things because the camera wasn’t good enough the way I wanted it. That is known as bait and switch, and is illegal in my state. Then the order arrives. A summary:
--A European plug for the ONLY battery charger; no U.S. plug.
--An identical extra battery instead of an Extended Life Battery
--A cheap, flimsy camera case instead of the Professional Shock Proof Case for Digital Cameras
--32x Compact Flash cards instead of the promised 52x Compact Flash cards (512 and 256 mb)
--NO warranty card
--No USA software CD (only international)
--A reply from Nikon USA that the serial number was invalid and part of what they call the “grey market”
--Unable to download software updates because of this invalid serial number
--More expensive lens didn't even match the invoice description
--A compact flash reader I didn’t even order or need!
--All invoice items were $0.00 with the grand total only listed by the camera (aren't they clever?)
I sent them an email giving them two choices: Send the correct and paid-for products as listed above, including a UPS or Fedex call tag so I can return the wrong (cheap) products, or I dispute the charges with my credit card company (which will be quite easy to prove). I don’t think it’s possible to be any more disgusted as I am with this retailer. To anyone else: Stay away. If it's too late: Dispute, dispute, dispute. They just might learn the power of the consumer.

"Miserable experience. See other comments. "If it sounds too good to be true..." really applies here. The best thing you can do is to take this ad to a reputable online dealer and try to get them to match the low prices. Good luck, though."