Stores > Urban Outfitters
  • Urban Outfitter

Voice your opinion! Review Urban Outfitters by clicking a star below.
2017-04-27

Do not order E-gift cards from Urban Outfitters!

"I wish there was an option for 0 stars. I have never had so much trouble ordering an e-gift card from a company. I placed the order and received the order confirmation email , and a "welcome to UO" email, but never the E-gift card to print out and send to the birthday recipient. I called twice and was on hold more than 10 minutes each time, wrote 3 emails to customer service and I still never received the E-gift card. I finally just printed out the order confirmation and put it in the birthday card. The recipient received it, went online to use the $50 and they said he needed a pin from the gift card. Well, they NEVER sent it to me. So he called and gave the only information he had for the $50 gift cert. which was the order conf. number. They were not going to honor it so he said he would like to file a complaint and they went ahead and ordered the vinyl for him with $2 left over that he will never get to use. A side note: at the same time I ordered from Urban Outfitters, I placed an order for a E-gift card from REI - I received everything via email within 60 seconds."

2017-04-18

Ugh

"Let me start by saying a friend of mine works in a UO store and I have purchased (in person) from them before, so I figured I would give online ordering a try. Biggest mistake I've made in the past few months. You know that money you work so hard to earn? Yeah, stolen. Three times so far. In the first shipment of clothes, an item was missing. No biggie, people make mistakes. I emailed them and we got it sorted out. Oops, something doesn't fit, and something else is the wrong color, no worries, I'll just send it back to be exchanged! This is when I started noticing that this company has some deeper underlying issues. Almost a week later I get a "received, exchanged, and shipped" notification for 1 of 2 items sent. Awesome! Until I looked at my bank account and noticed that they charged me a *second* time, even though I already paid for my item in full. I am **** at this point, IT IS NOT HARD. So I email them again like wtf, and they were like "you'll receive a refund in a couple of days thanks". Hooray! That issue was fixed, and the item was sent successfully, and fits great! But now I am missing my other item. At this point they have stopped communicating with me altogether, so I had to investigate on my own, and finally decided to call. Before calling I checked my account online, and there was my item! Hooray! But then I noticed that it said it was successfully returned (which is fine at this point) until I checked my bank account. Absolutely no trace or sign of a refund anywhere. That is when I called, and eventually I got them to refund me, but they were not happy about it. To the good people who buy from them and who work so hard for their money, please think twice before buying anything from them, *especially* online. And to UO, you should be in jail. As your employees would say dismissively: "HAVE A GOOD DAY THANKS""

2017-02-28

Disappointed

"This was my first time ordering from Urban outfitters and my last. I received my order and sent it back requesting a smaller size.I never received my order back so eventually I called to check on it and found out it was cancelled. They didn't have the size I requested so instead of communicating that to me and asking how I would like to proceed they just refunded my card and cancelled the order. Originally the items were on sale and because it was my first time ordering I got an additional percentage off. Now they will not honor those prices anymore for the same item. I tried contacting the company via email and phone to reprocess the order I originally placed and they refused to offer a resolution. I never got my outfit or a resolution."

2017-01-06

Shipping took long

"Still waiting my purchase that was purchased a while. They sent me tracking that says will be deliverd estimately on 1/3 . But I couldn't track it . When I called customer service said the item hasn't moved yet will move by the end of the day it's been 4 days since then . The worst part is urban outfitters sent me to to do a survey and feedback about my purchase . Come on I still didn't recive for my purchase . It **** ,knowing u can get the proper service from other stores !!! No words to say I'm not happy about it at all."

2016-09-18

If you want to wait 2-3 weeks for anything from them that is what will happen...

"I have purchased several things from them ranging from furniture to bath mats and so fourth. ALWAYS some kind of problem.

I first placed a large order for a few things. Here is what happened.

First table arrives - box completly damaged and left in the rain... Why wouldn't they cover the stuff they put in the box with a plastic bag?? Everyone does it... Meanwhile the table looked like someone put their foot through the box. So fine no big deal - let me get a replacement and hope they can pick this one up.

They tell me it will take 3 days to process a return and 2 days to schedule a replacement - so during the whole week I have to bring this table in and just wait. Guess what happened after a week? NOTHING - called them and they finally sent me a label and I had to go and drop it off at a USPS - was a nightmare. Meanwhile it took another 2 weeks to get it shipped because whoever they get drop shipping from ONLY does ground. So the process to get a replacement takes 2-3 weeks if your luck!

So then I get a bath mat. (Which by the way did not say it was backordered originally but did so after a week into the order - a WEEK!). So then it says I have to wait a month - fine - it's a bath mat who cares. Finally shows up and guess what... it is not even spelled right! It's missing letters... I call them and guess what their two options are.
1. Replace it - go to your mailman and give it to him and we will send you a label in 3 days and 2 days later we will ship out the new one (in other words 2 weeks) - also who sees their mailman? Don't people work?
2. Get a refund - same exact process....

This is the most amount of hassle I have ever had to deal with with any online store! ANY! Even the sketchy ones are more responsible than this joke. How can they even be considered an online store? Seriously....

They need to get their **** together! Hire someone to review your whole process and figure out a way to streamline it. I feel bad for your customer reps who have to deal with people yelling at them all the time! They seem super nice and always answer the phones and they are local which is awesome - but seriously... why do you guys have things so backwards? Also I tried emailing their CEO and not a peep from anyone in his office. NOBODY.

2016-07-26

(Online) Fast shipping but wayyy overpriced!!

"I decided to order 2 items, a dress and t-shirt crop top) because their was a SALE which was rare. UO overcharges every single item. For example, the t shirt crop top I bought, was for one a typical cotton shirt that you could literally find one at goodwill for $4.00, was originally $40 which is complete bull but I got it for $10. Anyways, my package cam in super fast. The dress looked more green than mustard like in the picture which kinda made me mad. I ordered an XS thinking it would fit well so the dress looks like a shirt on me.. still wearable though, but that was totally my fault. UO really is a waste of money but also a top brand that everyone loves, so it's hard not to buy lol. "

2016-06-22

Sent me disgusting, dirty rug. Return policy was awful

"I ordered a rug from UO. When it arrived it had dark coffee-looking stains all over it, dust, and was faded in random spots. It was absolutely disgusting. I called to return it and get my money back and UO put me through a wild goose chase. They told me I had to repackage it myself (the rug arrived in a flimsy plastic bag that already had tears in it which I had to re-tape), and that UPS would contact me to pick it up and I had only 30 days to get it back to them or they'd recharge me. UPS never called me, and after 4 days I called UO and they said there was no information about my return in their system....great. I gave them my information AGAIN and they told me again UPS would be in contact. Your help desk is either full of lazy liars or plain idiots. I received an email from UO, "Kindly repackage your return using the original packaging. Please ensure the original invoice is included when repackaging your return item. UPS will then attempt to pick up your return item within the next 24-48 business hours. They will not attempt to contact you in advance." So now my item is currently sitting on my front stoop for possibly two days, and "Please note that we are not responsible for lost or stolen packages." Your return policy is a miserable ordeal, and your company sold me a dirty, used product. Thanks for not caring about the customer at all. Maybe this is why your stocks are starting to slump 6.8%?"

2015-12-13

"Do not buy from this online store. I used an online code to get 10% off my order, which was reflected at checkout. Upon looking at my credit card bill, I noticed 2 charges, the first for the order at 10% off, and then a second for the 10% they took off. Basically, its complete fraud. I have not been able to get ahold of anyone on the phone.

Also, I paid for gift wrapping and the item showed up unwrapped.

So at this point I am out $15 dollars in fraudulent charges.

2015-10-29

"Don't ever order from this place. Complete garbage. It has taken well over 2 weeks for my item to arrive and I am still waiting. Order your things somewhere else besides here. #completeGARBAGE! "

2015-08-08

"I wish I had read online reviews before ordering a bed in bag set for my daughter heading to college. The order has been delayed three times and now I was just told they are unable to change the shipping address (to get it sent to her at college rather than here at home). Although the item hasn't arrived in their warehouse yet, they are UNABLE to change the shipping address. They offered to cancel the current order and start over which they admitted could be another month delay in receiving the item. I wrote an email requesting assistance a few days ago and haven't gotten a response. HORRIBLE customer service.....I will never order from them again or set foot in their store."

2015-06-17

"Thinking of making a purchase at Urban Outfitters? Please read all the reviews and think again. I wish I had. They purposefully delayed correspondence with me knowing that the tracking feature on AusPost would no longer be made available. AusPost keeps tracking advice on website for up to 3 months, but unfortunately for me, they removed it after 2 months. When I put through a PayPal dispute, they didn't believe that I had sent the shoes back because of invalid tracking on AusPost and even though I contacted AusPost for an official signed document by the person who received the shoes, A Ash Braeside, VIC, they didn't issue me a refund. My advice to those who really want to make a purchase is this - Pay with PayPal only. Keep your return tracking number (very important). Open a dispute immediately with PayPal - pretty much as soon as the item reaches to the return address, so you can prove you returned the item/s. This will ensure you get your money back from these fraudsters. Such a dodgy company. They have the worst management team and customer service. All complete muppets working there."

2015-05-31

"Awful customer service. I bought a duvet cover and received it with a bleach stain. I requested a new one but it is discontinued. They refunded by card the amount of the duvet - $296.17, but four months later they removed the same amount from my account. Emailing gets you nowhere - save yourself the headache and do not shop here. "

2015-05-09

"Urban outfitters online is so messy and unorganized ! Would not recommend ever buying from there. Spent a whole 2 weeks waiting for my order to finally get t and realize they sent me a size 6 men's which makes it size 7.5 women's !!! And when I called they inform me that I can't even order my another pair in the right size when this is obviously their fault! Great way to make a first impression urban outfitters!"

2015-04-18

"UO blocks customers at the switchboard, it does escalate customer service issues to upper management at headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. The receptionist routes all complaints downward, to customer service call center in Augusta, GA
Their customer service call center floor supervisor "Christine"in Augusta,Ga threatened me with blocking my calls if I persisted in calling.
The switchboard at headquarters kept routing my calls to the Augusta call center anyway.
UO is efficient at taking customers' $, but is lousy at resolving conflict.

2015-02-24

"Hate this f*&^%$g store!!!!! I ordered a chair. They sent me a ladder basket. WTF?!? There was no return label in the box, so I called to have one sent to me. The lady I spoke with told me that my correct item would be sent out, no later than, 72 hours after our call. A WEEK LATER...I get a series of weird emails that inform me that my item has just shipped out and that I have 30 days to return the ladder basket or I will be charged for the item. I called their customer service line and I was told that they could not next day my item due to size and weight restrictions. Ummm....it was a bean bag chair. I had the lady cancel my order and will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER do business with these people again. "

Share Urban Outfitters's store rating

Urban Outfitters is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Urban Outfitters is not a merchant member
Urban Outfitters does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!