Product & services pricing Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

"Ordered an "exclusive" Lp record. Previous order resulted in a cardboard box thrown inside a larger box. Result: all the seams split. Second attempt to order from this site resulted in receiving a record with a sheet of bubble wrap and thrown into a thin plastic uo bag. Result: all Corners severely bend over. I don't think this company knows how to ship records. "

"Appalling service, I returned an item in June and I am still waiting for a refund. I told them that the card I had used had been used fraudulently so they would not be able to refund the item there - no problem the said we'll give you a gift voucher credit. Over a month later still no money, I've been told the item hasn't been sent back despite the fact they sent me an email saying that a refund was being processed. Then they sent me an email saying that the refund couldn't be done as I had not sent the item back within the 30 days (which I had - well within the 30 days). Still fighting with them - they are now saying that they credited the money back to my credit card on 13 June but all transactions were stopped on the 30th of May! Now they insist that I have to send them my bank statements and details as they don't believe me! Don't touch this organisation they are dreadful and unbelievably unhelpful. "

modified review This review was modified by fiona64 on July 29 2014 02:22:08 AM

"Terrible customer service. Paid for next day delivery to my daughters boarding school, never arrived. 5 days later they email to say it's dispatched, even though the delivery records showed a delivery attempt had already been made, so no chance to request that it not be sent to a school now closed for 3 months. No response to emails, no number to call and absolutely no way to find out what it going on or where my order is. Shameful"

modified review This review was modified by starfield1 on July 15 2014 03:48:37 AM

"Diabolical Customer Service .
I did not receive my item , I have requested a refund but all I get is ' please wait 5 days ' . I wait 5 days and hear nothing .
E mails go unanswered and when I try to phone I get connected to the USA at my expense . Looking at these reviews , and reviews on other sites this company is holding a lot of people's money . Totally unacceptable .
Unless you are prepared for a fight for a refund if your goods fail to arrive avoid Urban Outfitters like the plague .

modified review This review was modified by Lynn1781 on June 25 2014 03:19:48 PM

"Don't buy from the urban outfitters. My item was lost and then I called, emailed, messaged, & chatted. Every rep doesn't know a thing about how to handle this kind of claim. I feel like I am talking to highschool kids who are not serious about someone else' s problem. They keep saying "mmmm....maybe....Okay...I will write note on it..." It's a nightmare and I still didn't receive anything from UO. "

"UrbanOutfitters is now shipping out of North and South Carolina (ew) and their FREE SHIPPING UPS is the slowest I've ever heard of to California. Don't expect to get ANYTHING for over 2 weeks. What's worse is UPS will pawn your package to USPS to make the actual delivery. For some reason I have done this twice and both times USPS claimed they DELIVERED it and tried to blame it on me! Only after a huge fight at the local post office did I get them to admit some loser postal worker thief had it in their car. TWICE. I complained to UPS and UrbanOutfitters, but they passed the buck and didn't care. BUY ELSEWHERE. NOT WORTH IT URBAN! As of today I am missing yet ANOTHER order the USPS claims to have delivered, but has actually stolen."

modified review This review was modified by mankedkubo on November 14 2013 09:07:58 AM

"This company authorized payments for two online transactions on my card but cancelled them without reason. I called everyday for 3 days, spoke to 2 departments to be told by everyone a "coordinator" would contact me to get to the bottom of the cancellations. A week later, I still haven't been contacted and the money still has not been refunded. This company is great about taking your money for sales but horrible with customer service and escalations. During my call the rep told me "unfortunately there is no one to help you at this time." I'm still trying to remove a hold for $600 from my card. I wouldn't suggest using this site at all. If you can't get to one of their locations, do not spend your money with this company."

modified review This review was modified by Lockett on September 30 2013 06:16:35 PM

"I ordered Ash shoes on sale, at urban outfitters online, twice, I received totally different sizes: I am a size 8, and received a 9 the first time, I returned it. The second and last time I ordered, I received a 10, disastrous! I called and I was told those were the last pairs. I asked how in the world I could order a specific size, and the shipping department would take it upon themselves to think it would be ok to send me a totally different size just because it is the same shoe and the only one available?"

modified review This review was modified by olgamalfi on September 21 2013 04:44:48 AM

"Hi. I recently bought a pair of frye boots on sale at urban outfitters in the US. I was issued a shipping order number and tracked my item to Australia but never receive d the goods. When I emailed urban outfitters to let them know my item never arrived I was told it was lost and that another would be sent immediately. A day letter I received another email from a sales rep saying that my matter had been delt with along with 2 emails thanking me for returning my item and that my bank account had been recredited my money. I sent an email again asking what exactly was going on and asked to speak to the first person who dealt with my issue as every consecutive email did not refer to the previous email. Finally I received a final email telling me that the item had never been in stock, despite the fact that I had recievieved a confirmation email and shipping number which indicated that the item had made it all the way to Australia. The whole experience was very disheartening. I am glad to have my money back but think that the lack of internal communication between the sales reps is very poor and feel as if ultimately I was lied to about the item having never been in stock to get rid of me ... Very poor customer service. I doubt I will trust them again."

modified review This review was modified by Ezmereldazen on July 26 2013 11:11:20 PM

"Back in late April, i ordered 2 pairs of shoes (Floral and Damask. Few weeks later, i received my package and was crestfallen to see that BOTH pairs were not what i ordered. One was a polka dotted one and one had colourful prints.

I immediately emailed UO and they agreed to do an exchange for ONE pair only. So i mailed them the polka dotted one and few weeks later, i got the same polka dotted one back!

I was furious. I emailed the entire story to them and was told that i was eligible for a refund for BOTH incorrect pairs and the shipping return fee once they received the item. I mailed out both shoes in a mailer bag with tracking and few weeks later, i still did not hear from them. Emailed them and they said they received the package and i was refunded for ONE pair and shipping.

So what about the other pair?! I emailed them SO many times; they gave all sorts of excuses and recently i was told that replacements are not eligible for a refund (!!!) SO why did they say i was eligible for refunds of BOTH shoes! They also kept insisting that i received what i ordered. Bullshit.

When i first received the package, i quickly went to check my order online. To my surprise, the names and shoes were totally different as compared to my order (i saved a print screen of my confirmed order which stated Floral and Damask.) Instead it showed Damask and Colourful.

I emailed them again yesterday and finally was requested a refund for my 2nd pair. BUT, this morning.. i get another email saying that i am not eligible for the refund and they sent me the order which i placed which showed the shoes that i received (Colourful and polka dotted) WHAT THE HELL. The names/pictures were never constant through out! Luckily i saved a print screen all the way and i sent recently sent them a nasty email with pictures of my orders constantly being changed. I am waiting for their response.

Seriously the worst customer service i have ever received. I dont get responses from them sometimes and once i was told that i will be refunded when the 2nd pair arrives at the warehouse.. when actually both pairs were in one mailer bag (!!!) Seriously, their customer service and warehouse management is so messy.

Never ordering from UO again.

modified review This review was modified by shankz_89 on July 11 2013 01:06:55 AM

"I ordered a top off urban outfitters, it arrived in the wrong color.
I sent an email off to say it was the wrong color (after double checking my order online via my account feature) and that I'm fine with keeping it but if I ordered it and paid for it AGAIN could they ensure I was sent the correct color.

I get a response back telling me that I had ordered the top in ivory and that is what was sent......
I ORDERED BLACK!! my order clearly stated black.. So whilst writing an email back to the lady I went to go take a screen dump of my order history on the website where I had hours earlier viewed this information only to find... MY ORDER HISTORY DELETE!!! Unbelievable makes me sick. I have set off several more complaints with no response but I would not shop here again so many better websites with much better service!! And I will make sure everyone knows about the better sites and how terrible urban outfitters have been to deal with. Disgusting.

"I placed an order for the rainbow rag rug online, and they sent me the wrong item. I paid $10 in shipping and waited for over a week for my item; therefore, I was highly disappointed when I unwrapped the package to find that they sent me the wrong thing. Instead of a brightly colored 2 x 3 rug, I received a dull tiny rug that looked like a place mat, which looked nothing like the picture online and didn't match the size. The customer service I received was terrible. They never acknowledged the fact that they sent me the wrong item, but they offered a free return. Two weeks later I receive an e-mail telling me that they refunded the items from my order to my original pay method instead of exchanging them as I requested. The only choice I have is to wait three days for the money to go back into my account, place the order all over again and wish for the best, or to take the money refund minus the high shipping price I originally paid. I will never do service with Urban Outfitters again, since they obviously don't care about good customer service. "

modified review This review was modified by Jogabelle on April 03 2013 03:08:44 PM

Seattle, Wa

"I have been ordering from this website for years! I love that they frequently do free shipping with no minimum and always do free returns.

There have been moments when I had to contact customer service to change the shipping address(because I was sometimes at school and would forget to change it) and they quickly and politely helped me.

Overall a wonderful site to order from!

"HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I ordered some things in the sale and they were labelled as 'ready to dispatch' on my account on their site… FOR A WEEK. Now if they were ready to dispatch you'd think that your order is all packed and labelled with your address ready for posting? WELL THINK AGAIN. I received an email more than a week after I placed my order saying my items had finally been dispatched! Only to receive another email ten minutes later saying that a few of the items in my order - which I had already paid for might I add - had been cancelled. CANCELLED??? I was FURIOUS!!!! I immediately wrote an email to their customer services giving them a right piece of my mind.. only to receive a nice generic email saying that they were 'sorry but nothing can be done' I replied again saying that the generic email pissed me off even more and they just sent me back a code for discount from their site with a slightly less generic email.. made it a little better didn't it? So of course I foolishly used my discount code to buy some more things I liked from the site over a week ago…. I'm still waiting for them. I sent them two emails and their customer service teams have decided to ignore them both.

It's a shame that I love all their clothes, but I'm definitely not shopping there again. ESPECIALLY ONLINE.

"DO NOT BUY ONLINE! I live in Canada and have made many online transactions with UO and normally have never had a problem. However, over the course of this week it has been overally frustrating. I attempted to buy a $20 pair of gloves which was listed as being in stock but when I placed my order, the website prompted me that they were not in stock. I continued to try this over the course of 3 days as the website continually said that they were in stock but continued to experience the same problem. I contacted the company about this problem but they were unable to help me giving me some excuse about not being able to ship it internationally. Although this was frustrating, I appreciated the interest they appeared to put towards helping me. What really pissed me off was what happened to me when I finally talked myself into buying the $48 pair that were almost exactly the same as the $20 ones. I went to make the order and made the conscious effort to select the $10 shipping, changed my payment option and put the order through however when I received the invoice in my email, they charged me $40 for shipping. I contacted the company within 10 minutes explaining what happened only to receive an email saying they couldn't do anything about it. I made this order on a Sunday and did not receive an email saying they shipped it so I do not understand why they can not help me or at least make it look like they attempted to. Although I appreciate the quick response on their part considering this order was made on the weekend, I do not understand why they can not at least pretend to help. This experience has discouraged me from ordering from their site in the future, which is extremely upsetting considering I love their products."

Urban Outfitters is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Urban Outfitters is not a merchant member
Urban Outfitters does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!