Urban Outfitters Reviews - urbanoutfitters.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.83/10 28 reviews

Urban Outfitters is not a merchant member
Urban Outfitters does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"UrbanOutfitters is now shipping out of North and South Carolina (ew) and their FREE SHIPPING UPS is the slowest I've ever heard of to California. Don't expect to get ANYTHING for over 2 weeks. What's worse is UPS will pawn your package to USPS to make the actual delivery. For some reason I have done this twice and both times USPS claimed they DELIVERED it and tried to blame it on me! Only after a huge fight at the local post office did I get them to admit some loser postal worker thief had it in their car. TWICE. I complained to UPS and UrbanOutfitters, but they passed the buck and didn't care. BUY ELSEWHERE. NOT WORTH IT URBAN! As of today I am missing yet ANOTHER order the USPS claims to have delivered, but has actually stolen."

modified review This review was modified by mankedkubo on November 14 2013 09:07:58 AM

"This company authorized payments for two online transactions on my card but cancelled them without reason. I called everyday for 3 days, spoke to 2 departments to be told by everyone a "coordinator" would contact me to get to the bottom of the cancellations. A week later, I still haven't been contacted and the money still has not been refunded. This company is great about taking your money for sales but horrible with customer service and escalations. During my call the rep told me "unfortunately there is no one to help you at this time." I'm still trying to remove a hold for $600 from my card. I wouldn't suggest using this site at all. If you can't get to one of their locations, do not spend your money with this company."

modified review This review was modified by Lockett on September 30 2013 06:16:35 PM

"I ordered Ash shoes on sale, at urban outfitters online, twice, I received totally different sizes: I am a size 8, and received a 9 the first time, I returned it. The second and last time I ordered, I received a 10, disastrous! I called and I was told those were the last pairs. I asked how in the world I could order a specific size, and the shipping department would take it upon themselves to think it would be ok to send me a totally different size just because it is the same shoe and the only one available?"

modified review This review was modified by olgamalfi on September 21 2013 04:44:48 AM

"Hi. I recently bought a pair of frye boots on sale at urban outfitters in the US. I was issued a shipping order number and tracked my item to Australia but never receive d the goods. When I emailed urban outfitters to let them know my item never arrived I was told it was lost and that another would be sent immediately. A day letter I received another email from a sales rep saying that my matter had been delt with along with 2 emails thanking me for returning my item and that my bank account had been recredited my money. I sent an email again asking what exactly was going on and asked to speak to the first person who dealt with my issue as every consecutive email did not refer to the previous email. Finally I received a final email telling me that the item had never been in stock, despite the fact that I had recievieved a confirmation email and shipping number which indicated that the item had made it all the way to Australia. The whole experience was very disheartening. I am glad to have my money back but think that the lack of internal communication between the sales reps is very poor and feel as if ultimately I was lied to about the item having never been in stock to get rid of me ... Very poor customer service. I doubt I will trust them again."

modified review This review was modified by Ezmereldazen on July 26 2013 11:11:20 PM

"Back in late April, i ordered 2 pairs of shoes (Floral and Damask. Few weeks later, i received my package and was crestfallen to see that BOTH pairs were not what i ordered. One was a polka dotted one and one had colourful prints.

I immediately emailed UO and they agreed to do an exchange for ONE pair only. So i mailed them the polka dotted one and few weeks later, i got the same polka dotted one back!

I was furious. I emailed the entire story to them and was told that i was eligible for a refund for BOTH incorrect pairs and the shipping return fee once they received the item. I mailed out both shoes in a mailer bag with tracking and few weeks later, i still did not hear from them. Emailed them and they said they received the package and i was refunded for ONE pair and shipping.

So what about the other pair?! I emailed them SO many times; they gave all sorts of excuses and recently i was told that replacements are not eligible for a refund (!!!) SO why did they say i was eligible for refunds of BOTH shoes! They also kept insisting that i received what i ordered. Bullshit.

When i first received the package, i quickly went to check my order online. To my surprise, the names and shoes were totally different as compared to my order (i saved a print screen of my confirmed order which stated Floral and Damask.) Instead it showed Damask and Colourful.

I emailed them again yesterday and finally was requested a refund for my 2nd pair. BUT, this morning.. i get another email saying that i am not eligible for the refund and they sent me the order which i placed which showed the shoes that i received (Colourful and polka dotted) WHAT THE HELL. The names/pictures were never constant through out! Luckily i saved a print screen all the way and i sent recently sent them a nasty email with pictures of my orders constantly being changed. I am waiting for their response.

Seriously the worst customer service i have ever received. I dont get responses from them sometimes and once i was told that i will be refunded when the 2nd pair arrives at the warehouse.. when actually both pairs were in one mailer bag (!!!) Seriously, their customer service and warehouse management is so messy.

Never ordering from UO again.

modified review This review was modified by shankz_89 on July 11 2013 01:06:55 AM

"I ordered a top off urban outfitters, it arrived in the wrong color.
I sent an email off to say it was the wrong color (after double checking my order online via my account feature) and that I'm fine with keeping it but if I ordered it and paid for it AGAIN could they ensure I was sent the correct color.

I get a response back telling me that I had ordered the top in ivory and that is what was sent......
I ORDERED BLACK!! my order clearly stated black.. So whilst writing an email back to the lady I went to go take a screen dump of my order history on the website where I had hours earlier viewed this information only to find... MY ORDER HISTORY DELETE!!! Unbelievable makes me sick. I have set off several more complaints with no response but I would not shop here again so many better websites with much better service!! And I will make sure everyone knows about the better sites and how terrible urban outfitters have been to deal with. Disgusting.

"I placed an order for the rainbow rag rug online, and they sent me the wrong item. I paid $10 in shipping and waited for over a week for my item; therefore, I was highly disappointed when I unwrapped the package to find that they sent me the wrong thing. Instead of a brightly colored 2 x 3 rug, I received a dull tiny rug that looked like a place mat, which looked nothing like the picture online and didn't match the size. The customer service I received was terrible. They never acknowledged the fact that they sent me the wrong item, but they offered a free return. Two weeks later I receive an e-mail telling me that they refunded the items from my order to my original pay method instead of exchanging them as I requested. The only choice I have is to wait three days for the money to go back into my account, place the order all over again and wish for the best, or to take the money refund minus the high shipping price I originally paid. I will never do service with Urban Outfitters again, since they obviously don't care about good customer service. "

modified review This review was modified by Jogabelle on April 03 2013 03:08:44 PM
Seattle, Wa

"I have been ordering from this website for years! I love that they frequently do free shipping with no minimum and always do free returns.

There have been moments when I had to contact customer service to change the shipping address(because I was sometimes at school and would forget to change it) and they quickly and politely helped me.

Overall a wonderful site to order from!

"HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I ordered some things in the sale and they were labelled as 'ready to dispatch' on my account on their site… FOR A WEEK. Now if they were ready to dispatch you'd think that your order is all packed and labelled with your address ready for posting? WELL THINK AGAIN. I received an email more than a week after I placed my order saying my items had finally been dispatched! Only to receive another email ten minutes later saying that a few of the items in my order - which I had already paid for might I add - had been cancelled. CANCELLED??? I was FURIOUS!!!! I immediately wrote an email to their customer services giving them a right piece of my mind.. only to receive a nice generic email saying that they were 'sorry but nothing can be done' I replied again saying that the generic email pissed me off even more and they just sent me back a code for discount from their site with a slightly less generic email.. made it a little better didn't it? So of course I foolishly used my discount code to buy some more things I liked from the site over a week ago…. I'm still waiting for them. I sent them two emails and their customer service teams have decided to ignore them both.

It's a shame that I love all their clothes, but I'm definitely not shopping there again. ESPECIALLY ONLINE.

"I placed an order on 11.26.12. On 11.30.12 I called customer service because I hadn't received even a confirmation email saying that the received the order and the lady was really polite and told me my order should arrive 12.03.12. Awesome I thought until the next day, 12.01, I got an email saying that my package had just been shipped and I should expected it on the 12th.... So either that lady flat out LIED to me or she had no idea what she was talking about."

"Ordered a dress on 14/11/2012 item shipped on 15/11/2012 which I have to say was very fast. However their courier sent my item to the wrong address as on tracking it states that signature from customer received. Contact UO call centre whom had to put me on hold whilst they contact courier, courier admitted to sending item to wrong building. Agent advised that courier will try to claim item back from sent address to send it to me. Now why would this person even admit to signing the package? I was advised to wait...so I've paid for something that the courier has potentially given to someone else for free? How's that right? I then contact their call centre again explain that this is not right, I should not be waiting for something that I have paid and is not here, as it's not my fault. Agent this time agreed and advised they will escalate to Customer Services for them to sort this out for me. He advised that I would get a call back within a few hours and that their call centre is open 24 hours. I did not get a call, therefore called them yet again. Spoke to another agent who looked at my details however said "yes, it says here that your package is with you" excuse me??!??!?1 What is this? A joke? He was unapologetic of situation, unsympathetic and basically did not care. Should not be working in this department at all! He then advised that Customer Services department where my call has been escalated to no idea which department he works as they all seem useless, actually closes at 20:00 and should call me within 24-48 hours. I'm still waiting and have now sent an email giving them a piece of mind. I work in Customer Services at a call centre myself I know the standards and this is extremely low. Never shopping with such a well known brand with no appreciation for their customers. Most companies with these situations resolve the problem right away, none of this "oh you have to wait a few days for someone to call you." Why on earth would anyone want to be loyal to your business?"

"Horrendous! Absolutely terrible. I placed an order online, which was shipped 2 days later to my billing address rather than delivery address as I think on the website it defaulted back to billing address at the time of placing the order as I had to correct it several times. Then it disappeared, tracking link for the courrier used shown attempted deliveries that never took place with no cards through the door notifying of attempted delivery. I emailed 3 times with 2 of my emails being ignored & one reply 2 days later that they are investigating & will get back to me but no one ever did. 3 phone calls and they allegedly getting back to me 15 days since I placed my order & 7 days since first complaint 3 emails and 3 phone calls later. Never again I will use their online service. And definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone else!"

"I got a gift card to Urban Outfitters for my birthday in late June. I ordered a duvet cover the following week and didn't get it in the mail until today. UO was my favorite store until this experience; however, I will NEVER shop there again- ESPECIALLY ONLINE.
The blanket I ordered was two weeks late. I called the company and they informed me it was backordered. The website didn't say this and I never got an email letting me know. They alerted me that it would arrive in a month. I called again a month later when it didn't arrive. It was backordered another month. The same exact thing happened a month later so I cancelled my order and chose a different blanket. The tracking number for this blanket said "delivered-driver met customer woman" but I never met anyone. I called UO and they said the blanket had actually been returned and they would resend it. *If it was returned, why did the description say someone physically met me when they dropped my blanket off? Why didn't UO ship me a new blanket or refund me immediately after it had been returned? I should NOT have had to ask for the refund- this should be a given.
I ordered another blanket (I begged for my money back. I did not want the gift card anymore, but the refused) and it didn't arrive for three week (5-7 day shipping is a farce).
Now that I have my duvet cover, it's pretty but it's not soft. It doesn't feel like I would expect a 90$ cover to feel. People were nice on the phone, but just because they're kind doesn't mean they're helpful, and it definitely doesn't excuse waiting MONTHS for a shipment.

"Terrible service, DON'T shop here! I used to order a lot of clothes from the urban outfitters website and was always satisfied with their service. I don't know what changed in their management but the last few orders all got messed up and they didn't answer any of my emails. The showed me a complete lack of appreciation for their customers. First of all they sent me a leather jacket in the wrong colour. When i send them an email about it and saying i would return it they sent me out another jacket without my request. And again, this was the wrong colour. So now i was stuck with having to post back 2 jackets and having to pay for the international postage costs (i live in the Netherlands). When i contacted them about this matter they just ignored all my emails. I'm now resorted to trying to sell the second jacket on ebay and get some money for it but it looks like i will have lost quite a bit of money because of their mistake. I'm so angry about the total lack of communication too! They also sent me a skirt in the wrong colour but i've just accepted it as i don't have time to go through the same thing again with them. I will NEVER buy in their online store again. "

Rating 4/102/5

"I love the clothes on the website so much, but it was sooo hard to place an order! All I wanted were a pair of riding boots, but I cannot explain to you how hard it was to order that pair of boots. I had to sign in, then sign in, then in on a different account, make a new account...it went on and on. By the end of this, the quantity of the boots changed to 7! Beware of the ordering process!"