Product & services pricing Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Dear Urban Outfitters or better said Community Manager

Good morning,

I have not count yet how many email I have sent to ask about the current status of my order ( T127863123 ) and surely do not believe that someone will answer this message since no one dares answering my emails.

This is definitely the last time I will order something at Urban Outfitters due to several disappointing online shopping experience.
First selling products which are not in stock should not happen, especially when you can not have them provisioned. I believe that your eCommerce solution probably has this option. If not you might consider changing it. But wait... I guess it is better to sell what you don't have to get the only thing you are interested: money!

Second of all, debiting a customer's account for a product which is not available should not happen. Maybe the next time I will go to your shop in Hamburg, I will get some clothes without paying and tell the cashier " You will get your money later".

Finally, to put as an order status " preparation of the order" or whatever for a week, is a joke especially when you charge for this same delivery. So next time I step into Urban Outfitters in Hamburg, not only will get some clothes without paying them but I will also hand over the cashier a paper with an "check your status order number". I bet you guys will lose patience when I wouldn't be paying

I have spend so much time checking the status of my order and will spend the same energy on every single customer review website to share my bad experience. Oh... but wait, there are already so many bad reviews for Urban Outfitters. Well, I guess the next option I have is to spam your Facebook wall to share my experience. How about that?

Well, you guys probably don't give a ish... since you can't even answer email.

And I have just wasted 10 minutes of my time just for the sake of selling and email which will end up in your "we don't give a fuck folder"

Have a lovely day

modified review This review was modified by AyoFR on January 23 2015 12:47:42 AM

"Unbelievably bad. I ordered something over two weeks ago, still haven't recieved any confirmation of my order or any info regarding it or if it's being shipped at all. Emailed twice to both customer service and order enquiry and still haven't recieved a reply. I feel completely ripped off. "

modified review This review was modified by annabanana22 on January 22 2015 06:21:47 PM

"Ordered an item on 3 December and am still waiting for it. Never again. It is frustrating looking st the tracking info and seeing it being accepted by the airline for delivery and just sitting there. They are obviously just finding the cheapest way to post. I believe I will get my item in the next day or so, but this is far too long."

modified review This review was modified by Lainey30 on December 22 2014 01:23:39 PM

"I ordered a silver ring from urban that ended up lost or stolen in the mail. After dealing with usps for a few days I called customer service at urban and the lady shipped my ring the next day! I have had shipping problems in the past but customer service has always been very helpful."

modified review This review was modified by capence on November 01 2014 03:15:35 PM

"Ordered an "exclusive" Lp record. Previous order resulted in a cardboard box thrown inside a larger box. Result: all the seams split. Second attempt to order from this site resulted in receiving a record with a sheet of bubble wrap and thrown into a thin plastic uo bag. Result: all Corners severely bend over. I don't think this company knows how to ship records. "

"Appalling service, I returned an item in June and I am still waiting for a refund. I told them that the card I had used had been used fraudulently so they would not be able to refund the item there - no problem the said we'll give you a gift voucher credit. Over a month later still no money, I've been told the item hasn't been sent back despite the fact they sent me an email saying that a refund was being processed. Then they sent me an email saying that the refund couldn't be done as I had not sent the item back within the 30 days (which I had - well within the 30 days). Still fighting with them - they are now saying that they credited the money back to my credit card on 13 June but all transactions were stopped on the 30th of May! Now they insist that I have to send them my bank statements and details as they don't believe me! Don't touch this organisation they are dreadful and unbelievably unhelpful. "

modified review This review was modified by fiona64 on July 29 2014 02:22:08 AM

"Terrible customer service. Paid for next day delivery to my daughters boarding school, never arrived. 5 days later they email to say it's dispatched, even though the delivery records showed a delivery attempt had already been made, so no chance to request that it not be sent to a school now closed for 3 months. No response to emails, no number to call and absolutely no way to find out what it going on or where my order is. Shameful"

modified review This review was modified by starfield1 on July 15 2014 03:48:37 AM

"Diabolical Customer Service .
I did not receive my item , I have requested a refund but all I get is ' please wait 5 days ' . I wait 5 days and hear nothing .
E mails go unanswered and when I try to phone I get connected to the USA at my expense . Looking at these reviews , and reviews on other sites this company is holding a lot of people's money . Totally unacceptable .
Unless you are prepared for a fight for a refund if your goods fail to arrive avoid Urban Outfitters like the plague .

modified review This review was modified by Lynn1781 on June 25 2014 03:19:48 PM

"Don't buy from the urban outfitters. My item was lost and then I called, emailed, messaged, & chatted. Every rep doesn't know a thing about how to handle this kind of claim. I feel like I am talking to highschool kids who are not serious about someone else' s problem. They keep saying "mmmm....maybe....Okay...I will write note on it..." It's a nightmare and I still didn't receive anything from UO. "

"UrbanOutfitters is now shipping out of North and South Carolina (ew) and their FREE SHIPPING UPS is the slowest I've ever heard of to California. Don't expect to get ANYTHING for over 2 weeks. What's worse is UPS will pawn your package to USPS to make the actual delivery. For some reason I have done this twice and both times USPS claimed they DELIVERED it and tried to blame it on me! Only after a huge fight at the local post office did I get them to admit some loser postal worker thief had it in their car. TWICE. I complained to UPS and UrbanOutfitters, but they passed the buck and didn't care. BUY ELSEWHERE. NOT WORTH IT URBAN! As of today I am missing yet ANOTHER order the USPS claims to have delivered, but has actually stolen."

modified review This review was modified by mankedkubo on November 14 2013 09:07:58 AM

"This company authorized payments for two online transactions on my card but cancelled them without reason. I called everyday for 3 days, spoke to 2 departments to be told by everyone a "coordinator" would contact me to get to the bottom of the cancellations. A week later, I still haven't been contacted and the money still has not been refunded. This company is great about taking your money for sales but horrible with customer service and escalations. During my call the rep told me "unfortunately there is no one to help you at this time." I'm still trying to remove a hold for $600 from my card. I wouldn't suggest using this site at all. If you can't get to one of their locations, do not spend your money with this company."

modified review This review was modified by Lockett on September 30 2013 06:16:35 PM

"I ordered Ash shoes on sale, at urban outfitters online, twice, I received totally different sizes: I am a size 8, and received a 9 the first time, I returned it. The second and last time I ordered, I received a 10, disastrous! I called and I was told those were the last pairs. I asked how in the world I could order a specific size, and the shipping department would take it upon themselves to think it would be ok to send me a totally different size just because it is the same shoe and the only one available?"

modified review This review was modified by olgamalfi on September 21 2013 04:44:48 AM

"Hi. I recently bought a pair of frye boots on sale at urban outfitters in the US. I was issued a shipping order number and tracked my item to Australia but never receive d the goods. When I emailed urban outfitters to let them know my item never arrived I was told it was lost and that another would be sent immediately. A day letter I received another email from a sales rep saying that my matter had been delt with along with 2 emails thanking me for returning my item and that my bank account had been recredited my money. I sent an email again asking what exactly was going on and asked to speak to the first person who dealt with my issue as every consecutive email did not refer to the previous email. Finally I received a final email telling me that the item had never been in stock, despite the fact that I had recievieved a confirmation email and shipping number which indicated that the item had made it all the way to Australia. The whole experience was very disheartening. I am glad to have my money back but think that the lack of internal communication between the sales reps is very poor and feel as if ultimately I was lied to about the item having never been in stock to get rid of me ... Very poor customer service. I doubt I will trust them again."

modified review This review was modified by Ezmereldazen on July 26 2013 11:11:20 PM

"Back in late April, i ordered 2 pairs of shoes (Floral and Damask. Few weeks later, i received my package and was crestfallen to see that BOTH pairs were not what i ordered. One was a polka dotted one and one had colourful prints.

I immediately emailed UO and they agreed to do an exchange for ONE pair only. So i mailed them the polka dotted one and few weeks later, i got the same polka dotted one back!

I was furious. I emailed the entire story to them and was told that i was eligible for a refund for BOTH incorrect pairs and the shipping return fee once they received the item. I mailed out both shoes in a mailer bag with tracking and few weeks later, i still did not hear from them. Emailed them and they said they received the package and i was refunded for ONE pair and shipping.

So what about the other pair?! I emailed them SO many times; they gave all sorts of excuses and recently i was told that replacements are not eligible for a refund (!!!) SO why did they say i was eligible for refunds of BOTH shoes! They also kept insisting that i received what i ordered. Bullshit.

When i first received the package, i quickly went to check my order online. To my surprise, the names and shoes were totally different as compared to my order (i saved a print screen of my confirmed order which stated Floral and Damask.) Instead it showed Damask and Colourful.

I emailed them again yesterday and finally was requested a refund for my 2nd pair. BUT, this morning.. i get another email saying that i am not eligible for the refund and they sent me the order which i placed which showed the shoes that i received (Colourful and polka dotted) WHAT THE HELL. The names/pictures were never constant through out! Luckily i saved a print screen all the way and i sent recently sent them a nasty email with pictures of my orders constantly being changed. I am waiting for their response.

Seriously the worst customer service i have ever received. I dont get responses from them sometimes and once i was told that i will be refunded when the 2nd pair arrives at the warehouse.. when actually both pairs were in one mailer bag (!!!) Seriously, their customer service and warehouse management is so messy.

Never ordering from UO again.

modified review This review was modified by shankz_89 on July 11 2013 01:06:55 AM

"I ordered a top off urban outfitters, it arrived in the wrong color.
I sent an email off to say it was the wrong color (after double checking my order online via my account feature) and that I'm fine with keeping it but if I ordered it and paid for it AGAIN could they ensure I was sent the correct color.

I get a response back telling me that I had ordered the top in ivory and that is what was sent......
I ORDERED BLACK!! my order clearly stated black.. So whilst writing an email back to the lady I went to go take a screen dump of my order history on the website where I had hours earlier viewed this information only to find... MY ORDER HISTORY DELETE!!! Unbelievable makes me sick. I have set off several more complaints with no response but I would not shop here again so many better websites with much better service!! And I will make sure everyone knows about the better sites and how terrible urban outfitters have been to deal with. Disgusting.

Urban Outfitters is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Urban Outfitters is not a merchant member
Urban Outfitters does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!