• Rating 0.67/10 35 reviews

Urban Dealight is not a merchant member
    Urban Dealight does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Urban Dealight contact information

"I do not recommend this coupon sight at all. I ordered the Prosonic and it never came. I contacted customer service numerous times and they told me I needed to contact the vendor directly, even though Urban Dealight placed my order and I was not provided the order number. I contacted the vendor and they never responded. I finally told them I was contesting the credit card charge and received the product several days later. On top of that, they cancelled my account. What a joke!"

"This is a total SCAM! BEWARE! We purchased a house cleaning coupon and we had an appointment for service at 9am. At 9:15 we called to see where the cleaning woman was and she said that she was at our home at 8am, but, nobody answered the door. We were here, and my wife, upset at this, said "does she think we are idiots?" The company will not refund our money saying we swore at the cleaning woman. BEWARE-THIS IS A SCAM COMPANY"

"These people do not refund. They will not reply until after 24 hours. They are scammers.
Notify your credit card company to charge them back as fraud.

modified review This review was modified by samg34 on May 08 2012 03:44:52 PM

"I just want to keep the memory of the March 31 2012 Austin Beer Festival fresh in everyone's mind. I've given my calendar regular intervals to slam the Beer Fest folks so the spiders and other SEO bring these memories back to the top"

"There focus isn't on the customer. It's on the merchant & there own profit. I purchased 2 massages. We scheduled an appointment & when I called for directions, I was told we should have gotten a call that they cancelled. We didn't. I reschedule our appointment for the following Tuesday @ 11:00. We arrive @ 10:45 to find the door locked. After making calls we found out they weren't going to show. After cancelling 2 appointments on us, both with no prior notification. We aren't going to try a third time! Looks like we're out $58.00. I requested a refund or credit from Urbandealight & the following is there response.

Armando P., Apr 10 02:53 pm (CDT):
Hi Walter.

I completely understand how this can be frustrating. We did contact the merchant so the merchant is responsive. The merchant did go above and beyond. Not only did the merchant offer to reschedule your appointment but also offered you a free service in regards to the inconvenience.

Rule #6: We provide deals, not endorsements or warranties.

We link to LOTS of merchants, restaurants, retailers, service providers and whatnot. While we try to get you what you want, we don't review their businesses, guarantee their content or claim that everything will be peaches and cream from them because we don't endorse anyone. If they serve you a bad oyster or their bathroom smells that's between you and them. You may fall in love with one of our merchants and/or vendors ("Merchants") and we sincerely hope you do. But that's not what we do. We give you red hot Urban Deals. That's what we do and that's why we're friends. If it looks like we've endorsed a Merchant or made any representation whatsoever about the quality of their goods or services, we haven't.

Also, while we try to include accurate and up to date information about Merchants, we make no warranties or representations with respect to accuracy. If we say a restaurant is at a particular address you should Google Maps them first to be sure. Urban Dealight assumes no liability for any errors or omissions in the content, so, as the old Russian adage says, "???????, ?? ????????." Trust, but verify. (We're super cultured.)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. Again, we truly appreciate your business. Have a DEALightful day!!!

Armando
Urban Dealight
Customer Support
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:00pm CST

modified review This review was modified by dadmeister99 on April 10 2012 04:00:55 PM

"Contrary to what most people think, I really enjoy Urbandealight and their services. I got on here not to bash them, but to let them know (if they actually look at these comments) as well as let other people know how much I like their services.

I had a deal go bad with a company who sells power bands. I never got them in the mail(even after a month). I called Urbandealight and told them what was going on. The rep was very prompt with her response and let me know she would contact the merchant to see what was going on. Long story short, they resolved the issue.

Also, I want to mention the fact that they are a business and they are NOT Groupon. I purchased another deal a few months ago and the merchant closed down. I think of myself as a smart person. I used my common knowledge to do some research on their policy regarding businesses that close down. In this case, they give what they call urban bucks--which I think are like store credit to their website. I think this is totally fair. I understand they are a business and they have to cover themselves as well. I also bought a deal with HomeRun where a business closed down. They told me there was nothing they could do...not even credit or anything. Once again, they are not Groupon and do not have the Groupon promise.

Sincerely, a very happy customer,

JC

"Horrible customer service and outright rude response to my request for a refund for our tickets to the fiasco that was Austin Beer Fest. They told me the same thing they told everyone else here-- essentially that it wasn't their problem and/or responsibility to make sure that they offer deals to reputable businesses, so tough luck. Seriously? And the link that they included in their email response for me to contact Austin Beer Fest for a refund of course goes to a form on Austin Beer Fest's website that doesn't work. Worst customer service experience of my life, never making the mistake of getting fleeced by these unethical people again. We'll definitely be contacting BBB and FTC."

"They decieve you about the products and business they advertise for it,,,no refund and they are sucks...do not even try to get anything from this website.."

"I made a purchased for discount pricing for the Austin Beerfest. The fest turned out to be a big scam according to me and just about every person at the festival. Check out all the negative reviews on Yelp, google, Austin Beerfest's own Facebook page. In essence, the festival did not deliver what it was suppose to. Because of the uproar, customers who purchased their tickets with discount sites like Groupon or Google Deals received refunds. I wrote and called Urban Dealight to request the same. They told me it was my problem and that I have to deal directly with the Austin Beerfest people. Really?

So buyer beware....if you purchase something from this site, it's final--even if it's not what they advertise.

modified review This review was modified by aliciak on April 05 2012 12:40:01 PM

"I bought my Austin Beer festival tickets through them and when I requested a refund for being completely ripped off by the festival and not getting what I was told I would relieve for the deal, urban dealight basically told me it wasn't their problem and to contact the festival people. How can I contact the festival when the day after the event they shut off the phone number and took down the website?! Groupon and google deals have refunded everyone's money, I only think it proper that an Austin based company like urban dealight should treat their local customers just as well as groupon and google do. NEVER EVER USE URBAN DEALIGHT!"

"Horrible. They do not stand because their sales at all. All other sellers of Austin Beer Festival disaster are refunding their customers, but not Urban Dealight. They won't even consider it. I will never spend another dollar with them. Horrible PR."

"Avoid at all costs! I had a coupon for A New Day Hypnosis in Austin, TX. I called in Feb. and the owner booked me an appointment for 3/23/12 at 12:00PM. I show up for the appointment and in comes another customer with the same appointment. I had taken off work for this appt! I do not want another appointment with this person. I cannot afford to take off work again! Urban Dealight will not refund the coupon. "

"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I wish I had googled it before I bought a coupon because they have the worst "customer service" I have ever encountered. I purchased a $119 skin treatment and when I called the merchant they informed me I had to pay an extra $49.99 to get the skin treatment. They would not let me use the coupon without paying the extra amount (there was NOTHING in the small print about the extra charge). I spoke to Jim the office manager at Urban dealight and I pointed out that this is deceptive and misleading pricing and they are refusing to refund my money. I have since gone to the FTC and BBB and they are now being investigated but I am still out $119.00 that they will not refund me."

"DO NOT USE URBAN DELIGHT!!! THEY WILL SCAM YOU AND TAKE YOUR MONEY!! I WISH I HAD COME HERE BEFORE BUYING A "DEAL".
I would like to state that I HAVE contacted the company and told them of the problem I had and they feel as if it was not a problem!!!!!! Please read what I sent to them:

I recently purchased the deal for the teeth whitening Million Dollar Smile. I went to go to my appt today. My GPS could not find the location so I called the number listed on the voucher. I was on the phone with the toll free number for over 20 minutes!! STEVE, the guy I was talking to, had no clue where the location was. I drove around San Antonio for 35 minutes before calling it quits and heading back to work. Steve refused to give me a mangers name or let me talk to a manager. I find it ridiculous they did not even know WHERE their location even was. I am calling this a SCAM! I am extremely disappointed. I have used deals from living-social and groupon multiple times before. I know how the process works. I was very disappointed with how this merchant conducted business and I would like a refund. The company refused to talk refunds only to reschedule.. WHY would i want to reschedule an appt I was unable to make in the first place because the building does not
exist!!!! I have contacted via fb the saloon that they say they are located in to see if they are legit. I would hope you would remedy this situation so that I do not have to tell friends to stay away from this deal site and as you do not monitor your merchants.
Very yours truly,

Next day.. I sent them this:
I would like to add to my complaint.
Steve said he would have a manager call me yesterday. Even asked what time would be best. I told him 6:15P. I NEVER got a phone call.

NO RESPONSE.. FINALLY THEY RE-SEND ME AN ADDRESS THAT WAS PRINTED ON THE VOUCHER! How stupid do they think I am. The Million Dollar Smile told me it was at one location and they voucher said another!!

URBAN DELIGHT IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can say this with confidence as I have used groupon and living social deals before with no problems!!!

"I purchased an $89 voucher for a Deep House Cleaning from Urban Dealight in November. I tried to log in as I normally do, with my Facebook credentials, to print my coupon and use it, but Facebook simply times out each time. I am not able to log in the old-fashioned way either. I've gone back and forth with UD by email about this issue and they guarantee me that I was not charged even though I forwarded them my confirmation email and I have a UD charge on my credit card bill from November. They keep resetting my password and telling me to try to log in again, but they keep using my email address as my user name instead of my Facebook credentials. I'm convinced they do not read my emails. I've tried calling them and I keep getting forwarded to a third-party vendor telling me to leave my name and number. I have unsubscribed from their emails and have advised my friends and family to do the same. In this time when customer service has become everything and several companies really get it right, Urban Dealight fail miserably. Stick with the two original, upstanding group coupon deals - Groupon and Living Social. "