• UpgradeBay.com

• Customer Support: 888-858-3088
    • Business Hours: 8:00 - 5:00 PST
    • Fax: 714-528-1400

• checkmark icon COD

"Terrible. Advertised a low ball price , so I ordered. But they were out of stock! If I wanted it, I had to pay 45% more if I wanted it immediately. Thought about it for a couple of days, then they were out of stock at that price too, the new price was 90% more than my original order. If I wanted to wait 4 weeks, they might get more in at my original low price, but I could get it immediately if I paid the price that was 45% more than my original order price (the price quote the day after I placed my order). In other words, they are serial liars about their stock and their prices."

This review was modified by be-careful on March 30 2015 06:28:51 PM

"I was looking online for an better processor for my old am2+ pc and found one I liked for an average online price between 60 and 100 dollars. UpgradeBay is charging between $400 and $900 for the exact same processor. After doing some research UpgradeBay is a scam site. Don't believe any of these positive reviews as they are most likely written by the scammers at UpgradeBay. "

This review was modified by yearight on January 13 2015 11:25:43 AM

"Horrible return Policy and very unclear website. I ordered ram that was for a server only, but the site did not mention this. I then emailed them asking to return it and they said it would be a 50% restocking fee and I had to pay the return postage."

"I found a part on their website, it said they had 4 in stock. I explained the reason for the part iFCP between sites, hence I needed two of them. I Specifically stated that I would purchase these parts IF they work. And if they work, I would order two more. I Was told that would be no problem they have a 30 day money back guarantee.

Shipping was supposed to happen on Monday, I had ti cal and email multiple time, it shipped on Wednesday.

On Monday it was discovered the models did not have the option for iFCP, they only did iSCSI. I Am now being told they were special ordered and I can not return them. Had I known they did not have them in stock, I would have kept looking.

The routers are sitting in the box and I can't bet an address to ship to.

I really wish I would have researched Upgradebay first.

Stay away, really after 30 plus years in this business, stay away.

This review was modified by mr_lalley on October 02 2014 09:04:02 PM

"I ordered online and received a confirmation. The next day Ali emailed me to say that the item was no longer available. Im glad they emailed me but I would not do business with them again if they cant keep their website up to date."

This review was modified by ElectroNut on June 10 2014 07:28:21 AM

"I had a hard drive fail in a critical RAID. Upgrade Bay sells the same type of drive that is currently installed in that server, so I placed an order for two replacement drives, explaining the situation to them and asking them to get the drives to me as quickly as possible. The drives arrived safe and sound less than 24 hours later, and the overnight shipping was free! This is my second purchasing experience with Upgrade Bay and both have been very positive. The previous purchase was an expensive Layer 3 switch that failed about a week out of warranty. Despite the fact that the warranty had expired, Upgrade Bay replaced the switch with an identical refurb at no charge to us. They shipped the replacement unit out at no charge and even paid return shipping on the failed unit. It is a pleasure doing business with such a responsive company."

This review was modified by ITSpec on June 02 2014 12:07:30 PM

"I ordered a new, retail-box Intel CPU. They sent me something else. After a couple of conversations, I was told I would receive a full refund in one business day, without having to return the item."

This review was modified by zyrg on October 25 2013 07:03:53 PM

"Upgradebay.com delivered the item I ordered quickly, and they were quite helpful when I emailed them for assistance.

After having a successful interaction with them, and after seeing some of the reviews of their store around the web, I felt obligated to share my own positive experience.

"Bought a HD for an older HP server. They had the correct part. They shipped it fast. It worked! And they called me a couple of times to make sure I had received the part and that it was working to my satisfaction. Thanks!"

This review was modified by rockandco on June 13 2013 09:06:00 AM

"Got outstanding service from upgradebay.com! I needed to get XP Mode working on Win7 for an ancient program but the processor didn't have VT-x. I found a CPU that should have been a drop-in replacement at Upgrade Bay and ordered it. Due to logistical reasons I added a note to the order requesting I be contacted if it would not ship next day. Ali Ansari at Upgrade Bay did contact me within hours, told me the item was no longer available and that my card had not been charged, but he was looking for a replacement. I provided a list of alternative CPUs and he called almost immediately to confirm he had one and would ship it immediately. He did and the CPU performed exactly as I needed it to. He even emailed the next week to make sure I got the CPU and that it was working. He just went above and beyond anything I would have expected. Fantastic service - couldn't ask for better."

This review was modified by RBRMcDGA on May 23 2013 10:19:02 AM

"I ordered two CRUCIAL 4GB memory from them. It was supposed to be 3-7 days shipping. After a week, a guy named Ali e-mailed me that the product will be late. After waiting more than two weeks, I called them to check on my product. A guy told me they would call me back that day, and then there was no call. I called again the next day, and a guy handed up on me. Very bad customer service. I am not going to wait a month to see if my product come or not."

"Really unhappy with the service. Placed an order 4/5 at 11am. In the email itself it says orders after 2 pm will be processed next day. Emailed them on the 11th to ask for a tracking number because with 3-5 day shipping it should be close to to arriving. Nope I was wrong. They didnt decide to process the order until after I emailed and asked about it. Makes me wonder if they ever would have if I never said anything to them about it. Granted if there was a stock issue an email would have been nice. Package should arrive 4/17 so I have yet to find out if the product is even functional. At this point I'm almost expecting it not to. Long story short. If you want to get your item right away, call them right after you place your order. They might actually decide to process it right away instead of waiting a week."

"I contacted UpgradeBay.com looking for a hard drive for a legacy system that is no longer made, I had an urgent need to replace a drive. There are many companies online and sellers on ebay selling them refurbished for as little as $6, however I had an immediate need and couldnt afford to wait around for an ebay type sale and slow shipping. I wasn't real thrilled about paying over 10 times what I could have bought the drive for elsewhere, but considering my rush need I placed and order after confirming with TWO of their sales reps that it would be shipped out that day for next day delivery. The following morning after a couple e-mails and phone calls to them asking where my drive was I got an e-mail notification that my order was delayed and had not shipped out. When I called to complain about the delay they offered to reduce the shipping charges, but since they were shipping it to me under my FedEx account they changed that to saying they would discount the product instead (no discount was applied to my invoice though). Throughout that day I called six more times to confirm and reconfirm that the drive was going out that day, and that it was going out for first AM delivery so FedEx would drop it off by 8:30AM. That afternoon I got an e-mail back from them saying it was set to go out for 10:30am delivery, and to let them know if I wanted to change that. I promptly responded that I wanted the earlier delivery time, however later that night I got a response back saying they had not changed it and it went out for the 10:30am. I did eventually get my product, but I will not be using them again."

"We are distributors and were working with UpgradeBay since 2010. Had no problems so far. Our sales rep, Osaid Khan, provides great service, shipping is usually quick, and he follows up on each of our orders making sure that everything is working as expected. Like this company, will definitely buy from them again. Thank you!"

Share UpgradeBay.com's store rating

UpgradeBay.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

UpgradeBay.com is not a merchant member
UpgradeBay.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!