"Universal lcd and there sister store Moes mega market have by far the WORST AND I MEAN WORST service i have ever seen. My order was wrote up on march 31. I never heard from them so on April 6th I inquired about my order and was put on hold FOREVER.
Could not call on the 7th because i got a fax buzz all day. On the 8th they said the paperwork got misplaced and they would ship soon. I called on the 12th and 13th and was told it would be shipped that day. On the 18th (today) i received notice it was shipped but fed ex says they have not picked it up yet.
NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM UNIVERSAL OR MOES MEGA MARKET. EEVVVEERRR

"Great displayed internet price on Broan Downdraft Ventilation System. Easily placed on-line order. Then I got a call saying it was not in stock and it would take 2-3 weeks before they could ship it out. BUT - if I was willing to pay an additional $25.00 charge, they could have it shipped out from some other warehouse/dealer/who knows? in a day or two. What do you do? Wait 2-3 weeks or fork over $25 to get it right away. Seems like a gimmick to squeeze out just a little more cash from the consumer. And watch out for the extra handling fee over and above the shipping fee."

"Placed the order on Saturday and was quoted free shipping. Got an e-mail Tuesday saying shipping was renegotiated and would be $19.95. Absolutely ridiculous on a $30 item plus a $6 "packaging materials fee". Classic bait and switch, advertise $30 and final cost is $56."

"****Special heads up to people looking for reviews on this company: upon investigation it is obvious there are a number of self-serving "padded" (false) positive reviews for this company on the internet. Buyer beware!****

I’m 52 years old, have owned businesses and been dealing with good and bad businesses all my life. This company easily rates in the very short list of the worst I’ve ever have to deal with.

I ordered a Broan range hood through this company (or tied to, anyway), listed as available. Their basic email offering "tracking" information had said only that the order was "in progress" for over two weeks (company promises "fast delivery" and ships within "1-2 business days"), so I gave them a call and got a rather arrogant salesperson who would only say it was "backordered" and it be shipped soon. His suggestion was that I buy it from somewhere else.

I called Broan and found that the item I ordered was regularly available and in stock at all their warehouse locations. Availability from them was not and had not been an issue (popular model being made almost every week). Broan also informed me that this company is not an official reseller for their products--UniversalLCD is getting their product from another distributor.

Another week and a half went by and I called again. For some reason the phone lines where particularly clogged that day; it took many attempts to get through and that's when I got a real lesson in being jerked around, arrogance, and excuses. While talking to three individuals (actually, being on hold most of the time), I was told a couple of differing stories (obvious lie(s) in there somewhere)and that they'd gotten it in but it was damaged so they'd reordered it and I would have to wait another three weeks (their stated timeline; not mine). Again, it was also repeatedly suggested that I should probably buy it elsewhere.

Of course, when I asked to talked to the last person's supervisor, he told me the boss wasn't in and I should call back some other time and ask for "Ima", with the last name of "Judge"...

It was clear even on the first call they didn't want to sell me the range hood. The website offers no provision for cancelling orders; it appears it must be done over the phone, and they kept suggesting I cancel the order every time I talked to anyone. It appears the profit margin on the range hood was so small and the shipping costs high enough—they draw you in with a promise of free shipping—that they had no interest in me and my piddlely sale. Too bad for them, because the range hood was a small item (and test purchase) to help complete the sale of my house: we’re purchasing another we’ve been looking at. That new house is getting a Pioneer KURO Plasma TV (60"), and it certainly WON’T be coming from them!

10/26/2009 Update

Order was eventually cancelled by them without any explanation or consent from me (as if I cared...).

Late Saturday—barely a day after my last encounter with the low-lifes detailed above—I did some curiosity checking on Universal LCD’s website. It was very interesting (but not surprising) to note that now, suddenly the company showed actually having the range hood IN STOCK but that the price had now jumped $12 and the free shipping had been removed. These guys aren’t terribly bright, however. All the other variations of the same 42” unit I ordered (color, venting, etc.) remain at the previous price point or less, and many of those variations them still offer free shipping (cost of which is unaffected by the color or venting configuration). I wonder what they’d do if I ordered one of those? Hmm…

modified review This review was modified by mjam on November 12 2009 06:27:07 PM

"I purchased a 47" LG LCD TV recently, and overall I was very satisfied with the service and the product I received. The sales rep I spoke to, Alex, was very professional and helpful when I called back with any questions concerning my order. The only complaint I'd have was the lack of direction regarding the delivery. I had to track down the trucking company myself, and call them to schedule delivery. However, it was delivered in perfect condition, and considering the deal I got on such an expensive product, I'm very happy."

"So i ordered this product before I had read the reviews of the site. When I read the riviews I began to get a little nervous because a lot of people said their packages weren't delivered on time. NOT the case with me. It was fast and easy. Plus that was the cheapest new CDJ800's of any place. I WOULD recommend."

"STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE
I tried to buy a dishwasher panel from this company several weeks ago and when I tried to trace the order on their web site it stated "no order on file" Tried to call them and only was able to get an answering machine with "full" mail boxes.
When I finally got through was told it was sent but got damaged in transit and another was being sent and a credit would be issued until the replacement was sent. (BS) NEVER happened. Had to involve American Express to dispute the charge.
Six weeks later my money has been returned by A/E and they are still offering the part and couldn't fill my order earlier this same week.
STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE

modified review This review was modified by buycars on April 03 2009 01:14:01 PM

"I ordered a clarion car stereo that was listed as in stock and would ship in one to two days. After 9 days I called to check my order status and was told it was on back order. when I told them that the item was discontinued and they would not be able to restock they wanted to argue with me. It wasn't until I told them that I had called Clarion to confirm it that they canceled my order. Getting a refund for the charge may not be that easy. "

"Great price and on time delivery. Would buy from this company again."

"Excellent service was provided to me as i was a 1st time user. Customer service was polite and very helpful and the blu ray was delivered on time with no issues I will use them again without question."

"Do not shop here the software has you resubmit your information even if it is correct and you end up ordering two items of the same product on two different orders. there is no way to cancel without calling them and canceling the erroneous order. and of course they are only open 10-7. steer clear of this site it seems too fishy to me."

"such a horrible experience! i dont even want to get into deatil about them. just stay away!"

"I have never written a bad review before, but this is the most rude and incompetent company I have ever dealt with. I paid an extra $200 to get GUARANTEED DELIVERY by Friday because I’d already set up two technicians to come out to install the TV the next day. I called and arranged for a 10:30 am drop off, took the morning off work, then sat at home and waited…and waited…and waited some more. When I called the shipping company, they had no idea what was going on. Several hours later, at around 6:30 pm, they called to say they had forgotten to load the TV at one of their depots.

I arranged for pickup the following Monday—they don’t do weekends, only M-F from 9-5. Once again, they failed to deliver the TV at the scheduled delivery time and didn’t call to tell me. I asked to be refunded the money I paid for GUARANTEED DELIVERY. They told me they couldn’t give me my money back and that I would have to contact the TV company. On Tuesday I arranged for a special 6:30 drop off because I couldn’t take any more time off of work. The driver, of course, called me at 11:00 am to let me know that he was waiting at my house with the TV. When I got there, he refused to take the TV any farther than the curb. Apparently, my $200 wasn’t enough to cover that. So he left me stranded with a $3000 TV on the street in the middle of the day in Oakland.

I spent the next several months trying to track down a manager at Universal LCD who had the “authority” to talk to me about this issue. Really all I was looking for was someone to go after the shipping company for screwing this up so badly. My calls were never returned and several employees, particularly Patricia, were very rude to me. When I finally got a manager with “authority”—Robert—he refused to refund the shipping cost and was extremely rude to me. I asked him what “guaranteed delivery” was supposed to mean and he didn’t have a response. I told him I was going to write up a review of the company and he hung up on me.

So here it is… Expect to be treated like trash if you have any problems with your order. This company uses third-rate shipping companies and hires horrible help. For such a large ticket item, you'd think they’d try a little harder.

"Web site is VERY inaccurate. Still says my item is in stock *after* I've been told it is not.
Ordered on 7/14. Told on 7/16 it was on backorder. Told on 8/1 they can't even get it from their distributer any more and today 8/2, the web site still says it's in stock. DO NOT BELIEVE stock status on their web site.

"Universals website stated they had an Adcom surge suppressor in stock. After 4 business days they imformed me it was on backorder."

Universal LCD is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Universal LCD is not a merchant member
Universal LCD does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!