Stores > Umi Tea Sets

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.32/10 8.32/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.55/10 7.55/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Umi Tea Sets by clicking a star below.
2017-03-29

Unique Square Shape Teapot

"As most people known, Yixing Teapots are particularly suited to the preparation of Black, Oolong and Pu er teas. If I had to choose one of these teas, I would definitely choose Pu er teas.

Its longish leaves or compressed shapes, which need to be rinsed for a few seconds before they are infused. Rinsing gives a more balance infusion, then make my Pu er tea with better taste. Today, I'm not just to talk about Pu er tea, and also want to talk about my newly bought Yixing teapot -- Yixing Square Teapot With Tiger Lid.

This teapot is simple and clean in design, its outline resembling a Chinese coffin. The coffin is obviously an unlucky thing in China. But this tea set has become popular through such an interesting transformation. With the coffin style, its representative "Sheng Guan Fa Cai", which means "be successful in both politics and business". That sounds amazing, doesn't it? I like the peculiar shape of this unique teapot. There has a tiger on the lid, its looks so wonderful!!

This review was modified by mcguffoglmbimr on March 29 2017 12:45:01 AM

2017-03-28

For The Traditional Wedding

"My best friend will hold his wedding next month. His beautiful fiancee Lily comes from Shanghai China. In my impression, she likes the Chinese Tea very much. Both of them are like the traditional things. So they decided to hold a China-style wedding, and there has an unique part to serve tea, at which the bride and groom will do oriental prostrations and serve the tea to their parents. I think a nice Chinese wedding tea set will be a best gift for their wedding.
After picking it up, I bought this Chinese wedding tea set -- Red Chinese Wedding Tea Set With Lotus Pattern. It comes with a tea tray and four cups. The pattern looks great, its Mandarin Duck drawing with Lotus. According to what I have learnt, those pattern represent symbolizing to reach old age together in China. WOW!!!! That's so romantic!! I'm pretty sure they will like this wonderful gift.

This review was modified by mutgvbuody on March 28 2017 12:45:01 AM

2017-03-27

Choosing A Tea Set

"As in the art of tea set, many manufacturing techniques and various quality standards exist, there is a wide choice of teapots on the market. In my opinion, here are the main criteria that should be considered in terms of the material and the size of a teapot.

For the material, you should decide what kind of tea you want to drink. My favorite tea is Oolong Tea, then I chose a Yixing Purple Clay Tea Set for myself. Clay teapots are ideal for black, Pu er and wulong teas. Because its porous and "remember" the tea, clay teapots can enhance a tea's flavor.

For the size, do not buy a teapot that is too large. My teapots' capacity is just 6.5 oz, it makes my teas infused in a small quantity of water to release their precious fragrances. A Chinese saying claims that the smaller the teapot, the better the tea.

Haha...Now share this to you, and wish it would help you to find out your favorite one.

This review was modified by pedpmccgy on March 27 2017 12:15:02 AM

2017-03-23

A Dynamic Art

"If the tea set is static art, then brewing up the tea is a dynamic art, especially when using glass tea set to brew. The glass tea set is make of a transparent glass material, it can be seen punching process of tea, and appreciate the beauty of tea leaves stretch.
I really like this kind of dynamic art. I'd like to have a glass tea set for such a pleasure. As we all know, an annoying problem of using the glass tea set is hot. And I bought this one -- Glass Tea Set With Rubber, it just to solve this thorny problem. Teapot and cups are surrounded by rubber, then rubber insulation can makes my fingers away from hot.
Using such a tea set, I can see the bright color of tea soup, its delicate and soft. Tea leaves in the brewing process are in the upper and lower wear, and blade gradually stretch can be glance, it is definitely a dynamic art appreciation.Especially making various types of tea. That's just splendid!!!

This review was modified by btcndpyerf on March 23 2017 12:30:01 AM

2017-03-15

Liquid Meditaion

"City life in a high speed leads increasingly fast pace of life and life pressure. The lifestyle shows a feature that is rich in content and single in form. In order to reduce stress and relieve tension, my friend recommended Floral Tea to me.

She told me that there are somethings one can do to bring our attention back to simplicity and joy without struggle. Making time for Floral Tea is one of them.....

So I choose a favorite floral tea -- Phnom Penh Rose Tea´╝îwhen I feel depressed, give myself a pot of rose tea. It's just like a "liquid meditaion"..... into the realms of the ineffable Beauty of Peace. I've tried this method several times, and it works!!

I'm absolutely nuts over this "liquid meditaion" and the delicate palatable rose teas.

This review was modified by lagonqnmyzno on March 15 2017 08:15:02 PM

2017-03-13

My Pretty Lotus Tea Set

""In my opinion, the shape of the Chinese tea set usually contains some good luck symbols, such as fish, lotus, dragon, etc.

At the same time to express peoples' blessing, it can increase the ornamental of tea set. Tea sets with various shapes, so that tea set will become a personality one, instead of the single boring look.

I chose a tea set with lotus shaped -- Coarse Pottery Lotus Automatic Tea Set. Its very interesting! The cups are lotus leaves style. The fair cup is lotus root style. The most special is the strainer, it's also lotus style but with a butterfly on it.

Lotus symbolizes purity and elegance, purity and detachment, and I love it so much. It is worth buying for such pretty item."

This review was modified by volexnkbjhxk on March 13 2017 08:30:02 PM

2017-03-04

ABSOLUTE - BEST Tea Ware, Prices, Customer Service, and Shipping!!

"We are 4 different people who absolutely love enjoying tea rituals.

Our friend turned us on to this company as she has handfuls of small teapots and teacups in her house from them.

They immediately contacted me online while shopping to see if I needed help or had questions while browsing and when I asked if we could get 4 special cups instead of 2 that came with a sweet set, they offered them very graciously (if I placed an order that day).

The tea sets, pots, cups, accessories were all so special and unique and even those that are more familiar finds, super well priced!!

I did have an issue of things going out of stock soon after ordering, and my order being cancelled and refunded (ah!) but I contacted them and they immediately replied that it would all be in stock soon and that I could reorder and they would still send the 2 extra cups. I appreciate that they immediately refunded if they didn't have in stock but that they could also make up for it pretty quickly.

The packaging was awesome, so good that my boyfriend almost missed the two extra cups they sent, despite me asking him about them. I was traveling when the package arrived.

The cups and 2 personal clay tea pots and the glass tea pot are all exquisite. Honestly they are more beautiful than I even realized from photos. That part is thanks to the artisans, but also thanks to Umi for stocking them and sharing them at such a great price and for making it all more complete with the amount of cups that make it great for our home and work space.

I loved interacting with them by email as well - very nice and friendly staff and grateful for the customer/order.

I've ordered some tea things before through amazon and unfortunately haven't had the best experience with things arriving broken and no amends for it (minimal packaging so it was not just shipping company fault) :-( So, the packaging with this company really impressed me and made me an immediate return customer in the future. So happy to share the experience with people I meet and suggest them for their tea ware.

Love the options, prices, help staff.

And as it was a surprise for the house, my friend's reactions were stellar too !!

Oh and even was able to receive a free bag of tea sample with my order that I chose .

Even shipping to Hawaii was beyond my expectations in terms of reasonable, affordable, and time frame for arrival.

We are all beyond in love and pleased with Umi Tea Sets.

I offered to write a review myself because we are all soooo happy with the service and quality of products, btw :)

This review was modified by eeh217 on March 04 2017 07:30:02 PM

2017-02-09

Some Aroma Floral Tea

""I choose this website again to purchased some tea leaves for myself. I'm already try the Black Tea and the Green Tea, both are taste well. But I just want something different tea aroma.

The customer service staff of UmiTeaSets recommended the Floral Tea to me. Its made by flowers or leaves of plants is a kind of reprocessed tea unique for China. Actually, the floral tea is just made by mixing the fragrant flowers with the tea leaves together, which could normally let the flower send out the aromatic substances, adopted by tea leaves. As for the different number of flower using and the various categories, it has distinctive height and feature of aroma.

Then I bought the Rose Tea, the Osmanthus Tea and the Jasmine Tea. Its so great to put them together, and the colors of the brewed tea are beautiful also."

This review was modified by jehliconggpch on February 09 2017 10:45:02 PM

2017-02-09

Special One

"I bought this Jingdezhen Jun Porcelain Coloured Glaze Tea Set as a gift. When I have received this tea set, I opened it and checked it right away. After careful inspection, I did not found any damage.

The quality of this tea set is pretty well, and the material is also high-grade with the lovely box. It is worth buying for such nice item.

The standard of workmanship is exquisite, feel super great. The color is very uniform, with beautiful and natural style. The little cups are so cute, come with a leaf shaped tea cup saucer. It makes the tea set look special.

My friend loved it so much. She told me that's a great useful tea set and very suitable for her leisure time, and she will begin to enjoy every nuance of taste and aroma from her tea.

This review was modified by suitedaoxwsa on February 09 2017 02:00:01 AM

2017-02-07

Have Fun With Convenient Tea Set

""I would like to make a cup of tea for ourselves when we for a picnic. Since you known that something must be prepared, such as picnic mat, sunglasses, hat, delicious food, tableware and etc. To make the hours become great, a pot of tea is essential. However, taking the ceramic tea sets is so big that is not very convenient, and also it will take up many spaces of packages.

As we can see that the travel tea sets is very portable, easy to carry. So I have bought a matching tea set--Ruyao Travel Tea Set. The shape of cup looks like a flower, and the color is light green that looks very comfortable. It has no any difference with the common one, also include tea pots, cups, tea tray and something else. Its easily placed in that place not to take up many spaces.

With this convenient travel tea set, when going out to enjoy the natural scenery, we can share the aroma of tea and the fun of enjoying our delicate tea."

This review was modified by pokeykdxxfs on February 07 2017 10:15:02 PM

2017-02-07

Dragon's well

""I often have some wines or spirits in my free time. After drinking for long time, I'd like to try something new. I began to like tea after I tasted Chinese green tea. I've tried Japanese green tea before, but it was so strange that I couldn't like it. Dragon's well is belong to Long Jing, the most famous green tea in China.

This tea looks large, bulkier leaves with varied shapes (twisted, curly, flat), varying from dark green to greenish yellow. Long Jing is the name of a little village close to the town of Hangzhou, capital of Zhejiang Province and renowned for its magnificent Lake of the West. The tea leaves picked by hand, it is processed almost exclusively in the traditional way, thanks to the expertise of the local growers.

Most Long Jing teas are grown on two facing mountain slopes, the famous **** Feng(""Lion's Peak""), actual site of the village of Long Jing, and Meijiawu, the neighboring village. The spring harvest is divided into two categories. The most prestigious is the imperial picking, known as ming qian, which takes place before the feast of Qingming, around March 20. Two weeks later it is the yu qian picking, which is also a high-quality harvest. Its through rigorous process to create the ultimate product.

See now I'm share my professional knowledge of green tea to you. As a matter of fact, I read it on the website. It's very interesting, isn't it?"

This review was modified by kieranbopllxh on February 07 2017 01:00:01 AM

2017-02-05

Fragrant Tea

"My friend is from Taiwan. I wanted to pick up a gift for his birthday. The Taiwanese are proud of their Wulong Teas, and many of them travel long distances to buy tea from their favorite mountain garden. Tea was previously an integral part of daily life - at home, at work and in public places. Since I saw a beautiful tea set in his home, I thought maybe I can choose some tea leaves for him.

I purchased some Wulong Tea from UmiTeaSets. The arrival of the packaging was great, and come with the beautiful gift box. Appearance of the Wulong Tea leaves were tightly rolled leaves (looks like pearls), varying from forest green to blue green to deep black.

The website customer service staff suggested that rinse the leaves to they can unfurl more easily. If use a container large enough that can allow the leaves to unfurl freely. The cha technique is ideal for the infusion of Wulong Teas. I given all these tips to my Taiwan friend.

Last week he invited me to his tea party and made me some Wulong Tea. It brought out the extraordinarily rich flavor. A warm fragrant tea to melt the weariness on your face.

This review was modified by nonxsbhjner on February 06 2017 12:00:01 AM

2017-02-04

Yixing Purple Clay Tea Set With Lotus Tray

"As I know that Yixing is a town to the west of Shanghai. Famous for the quality of its clay as well as for the incredible creativity of its potters. Yixing still produces teapots that enjoy a solid reputation in China.

I've waited a long time to get this set -- Yixing Purple Clay Tea Set With Lotus, as it was well worth the wait.

There are three main types of Yixing clay: zishani(purple), hongni(red) and banshanlu(yellow). My tea set belong the purple type of Yixing Clay.

It looks like adorable fish, its so cute and the quality is great. Its malleability, which makes it easy to work with and has allowed craftspeople to develop a technique to make the teapots entirely by hand. Note that Yixing teapots are rarely formed using a pottery wheel; they are usually shaped by hand. Its porous quality, which means that my tea set should only be used for a single family of teas.

The clay is made from rocks that are extracted, crushed, cleaned, kneaded and sifted, then mixed together. The colors of the this types of Yixing clay vary according to where and from what depth the rocks were extracted, as well as the firing method used by the potter. The sound made by the teapot when it is tapped gently with its lid is also distinctive. The sound is clear and metallic. I am very satisfied with this product.

This review was modified by crashhuhlis on February 07 2017 12:48:10 AM

2017-01-23

Brew The Tea With Zhong

"Shipping was fast on both the tea set and teas. I was just amazed at the quality, beautiful molded and the picture shows the colors perfectly. But the best part is all the fun use the zhong I bought. It can be used with all kinds of tea, it bring out the aromas of more delicate teas, such as white or green teas, particularly well.

On my quite weekend morning, I heat the zhong using hot water. Pour water at the required temperature over the leaves. Make sure that all the leaves were fully soaked with water by stirring gently with the lid. Leave the tea to infuse as long as necessary.

When the infusion was ready, transfer the liquid into a separate cup, holding back the leaves with the lid. Tilt the lid to keep all the leaves in the zhong, then pour off the liquid completely to prevent any leftovers from affecting subsequent infusions. I used the saucer to get a better grip on the zhong. Then I finished and tasted my perfect tea.

This review was modified by staphterejrknm on February 07 2017 10:13:20 PM

2017-01-22

A Special Delicious Food

"Last month, I went to a friend's party and tasted a special delicious food - Beef in Wulong Tea. It is surprising that they use wulong tea to cook the beef.
My friends told me that in their grandmother's time it was customary to deglaze a pan with tea, often a strong black tea, and so this is an affectionate nod to their ancestors and their traditional knowledge. The food taste so delicious. Now share the food method with all of you.

1. Season the pieces of beef with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat until it smokes. Add the olive oil and 4 tablespoons of butter.

2. Place the pieces of beef in the skillet and cook until a crust forms, around 3 or 4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the beef. Place the beef in a cold oven for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the desired degree of doneness. Remove the beef from the skillet. Set aside.

3. Wipe excess fat from the skillet. Melt 2 or 3 tablespoons of butter and cook until it turns hazelnut brown. Deglaze with water, scraping the bottom of the skillet to recover any browned bits of the meat. Reduce the liquid by half and add the wulong tea. Leave to infuse for 2 to 3 minutes, then pour through a fine strainer. Bring the mixture back to a boil and whisk.

4. Slice the beef and serve with the wulong-flavored drippings.

5. Serve the meat with a vegetable puree and seasonal onions.

So I bought a tea set and some wulong tea through Umiteasets. Both of them are great quality. By the way, when make tea alone, is also a good enjoyment. I think you will like all of it.

This review was modified by auduiqkce on February 07 2017 10:13:24 PM

Share Umi Tea Sets's store rating

Umi Tea Sets is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Umi Tea Sets is not a merchant member
Umi Tea Sets does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!