"I ordered the UltraGauge as a cheaper alternative to the ScanGauge. The company shipped the next day and provided tracking info. The item was very professionally packaged. The price currently on the website is after a $9 rebate (how they came up with $9 exactly is beyond me). Redeeming the rebate was a tiresome process. To redeem it online I had to be logged into my account, which timed out 3-4 times as I gathered info. And every time I was timed out I had to re-enter very detailed information about my vehicle to include a couple dozen numbers the gauge put out after first initializing. The whole process could be simplified if there were more time available before timing out, providing the option of saving info before submitting or just not making logging into an account a requirement.

Normally I don't rate a product in the reviews I write because a good or bad product doesn't usually reflect on the company, but this is their only product and it is made to their specifications. To be clear, I can't compare it to ScanGauge since I don't own one. I wanted a gauge to get an accurate speed since I have large tires that throw off my speedometer and also to get real-time MPG estimates. With the speed reading, there is no way to calibrate or adjust the reading to compensate for my larger tires. The UltraGauge showed a speed of about 2% below what my speedometer read even though with the larger tires I was actually travelling about 6% faster than what the speedo read.

As for the MPG, I never kept the device on long enough to tailor it to record MPG because it kept beeping at me every minute or two that I had a trouble code. Even when my dash wasn't throwing a code, the UltraGauge shows pending codes. And I found no way to stop the constant alerts. And I'm not exaggerating on the frequency of alerts. I know I have a trouble code. I don't need to be beeped at for the same code more than once. I have a $13 code puller I bought from eBay if I want to know why my check engine light is on.

Until I get the trouble code taken care of the UltraGauge is useless to me. With all the customization they tout on the website you'd think there would be an option to ignore all trouble codes, or better yet just ignore specific ones. At least let me turn off the beeping! Beyond the problems already mentioned, the final improvement I can think of is to make the shape and size fit into a standard DIN-sized stereo opening. Ever since replacing my double DIN factory stereo I've had a gaping hole where I imagine a ScanGauge would have fit nicely. As I said before, I can't say the ScanGauge would be any better, but I still can't recommend the UltraGauge.

UltraGauge is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

UltraGauge is not a merchant member
UltraGauge does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!