UBid Reviews - ubid.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 4.33/10 809 reviews

UBid is not a merchant member
UBid does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I was a auction winner and I find it hard to use the word winner here. The 2 items I won cost me $1 each and weighed just a few ounces. The shipping and fee totalled $21.89. The items were Cendyne Nano WL-700N-RXS wireless adapters, very, very lightweight. So you can see I paid 11X's the winning bid for shipping and fee. I am going to delete my account from this horrible company, who charges outrageous fees and shipping charges. Took a very long time after auction closed for items to arrive(3weeks), I actually feel scammed, in my opinion! Won't ever get another one of my dollars!!!"

"Terrible customer service! Will never buy their junk again! Bought Beats headphones and they didn't work after 1 month trying to get a hold of them, they sent another broken pair. It's been 2 weeks and they won't respond to emails to return them!"

modified review This review was modified by apolonio7 on February 26 2014 01:53:25 PM

"Ubid is a good for nothing website bent on defrauding unwitting customers. They list items they do not have in their inventory and take the cost of the item from available credit card hoping that you are unsuspecting. When you catch them, they blame it on third party suppliers who list items on their website. Consumers BEWARE"

modified review This review was modified by Odirah on October 09 2013 09:04:45 AM

"Ubid is a rip-off artist. Paid $48.85 for 9 bamboo plants, received twigs smaller than pencil lead with peeling bark so not even bamboo. Since $22 was for shipping in a $1 plastic envelope in August (instructions say to keep plants cool.), and I pay for return, and there is an unspecified restocking fee, I will never get much money back."

modified review This review was modified by aajarvis on September 01 2013 08:12:00 AM
Rating 6/103/5

"shipping is a little too high, and getting answers for questions 1 might have is not very good. theres no way to contact seller eastly for specific details not on auction page. many details left out"

"I purchased a IBook from Ubid.com and was surprised to find out that product was warrantied for 15 days. when I used the product, I found out that the charger was defective (did not work) and that the air port did not operate properly, as the browser would not launch. as the product was returned from lease, it appears that the lessee, removed apple proprietary software from the IBook and ubid knew or should have known that the product was defective, when they sold the product to me "

Rating 8/104/5

"I have had 8 transactions with uBid since 2010. Most were computers/laptops. I was very satisfied until recently. Ubid states they are a certified Windows OS reseller for refurbished computers. I purchased a Dell Latitude E6400 Laptop PC - Intel Core2 Duo 2.26Ghz Windows 7 on 12/20/2011. It failed to operate properly on 3/26/2013 and the software requested the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) 25 character key code. According to Windows, it is required to be either on a label attached to the laptop, in documentation shipped with the product or in an e-mail from the certified reseller. It was not. I contacted Ubid for the key code on 3/26/13, and seven more times after. They requested photos of the laptop labels, which I provided. They sent a key code but the laptop OS wouldn't accept it. I contacted them with this information on 4/12/13, then again on 5/13/13. Each time I followed
their e-mail instructions and included necessary information in the e-mail subject line. They ignored both of these e-mails and did not reply. This laptop is of no value to me without the Certificate of authenticity for the Windows Operating System. Buyer beware!!

Update: After posting this and other negative ratings, UBID requested I return the laptop. They corrected the problem quickly and completely.

Rating 6/103/5

"Got 2 laptops from ubid. One died and even Windows would not come up. tried reloading from CD and told not a valid Windows copy. Then it would not even boot up. Windows on other never worked but still able to work around that. These were given as gifts to daughter and grand daughter. Tried to return and was given 2 week but one daughter out of town and had to ship back to me. She forgot bogus disk and had to wait for that. Ultimately had to pay air freight to get it there but it arrived day before drop dead date. Now Web site is saying Return Material Authorization number is cancelled. Have used Ubid for years and waiting for them to respond to RMA cancellation protest. I will not use them again (and I have spent thousands over 5 years on their products)if they do not recognize vendor ripped me off and make it right.

Just heard back from Ubid and the RMA was closed out by PC and they are still working issue with vendor so have upgraded some of my ratings accordingly/

"I recently had the need for advice on a purchase, and found both Live Chat and email extraordinary. Thank you Ubid

Ron Kester

"I am not sure what you are referring"

"DO NOT i repeat DO NOT use this company. My roommate ordered a t.v. from them which proved to be defective. After filing a claim with the company within 10 days, she received no compensation. After 2 months of this she emailed again, and was told the shipping company made correspondence with her and was told she wanted to keep the item. (not true) When she found out about this contacted the company and was told that she had not filed a claim within 30 days. i am now pursuing legal action with the company, even after they refused to release their lawyer's information.

What a bunch of CROOKS!

"Franklin Phasebook was delivered VERY FAST and was exactly as described."

"it was great I would bid some more"

newport news,va.

"my purchase arrive when i expected too.just what i wanted!!! thank you."

Rating 8/104/5

"I've purchased a few Items from Ubid. I've learned that you have to be very careful of what products you purchase. The prices are great but the quality of the product can be less than expected. I've received all that I have order so far. And when I didn't receive the product, Ubid quickly gave me a credit to purchase something else. However, some of the products are not very good. A set of speakers I purchased were very cheaply made and had no significant volume. The headphones I recently purchased are only slightly better than the ones I get from the dollar store. If you find the right product, like the cell phone watch, I purchased a couple of months ago, it is worth every penny. I have more good experiences with Ubid than bad. I will keep shopping. I would advise anyone looking to purchase to read everything and see if you can find the product locally to see exactly how it looks, feels and performs before you buy."