Tyler Tool ComCoupons

"I ordered a DeWalt DC390B circular saw from Tyler Tools, Be aware that Tyler Tools IS CPO Tools. The saw I received was a resealed item. All I did was to plug a battery into it and turned it on. The battery vibrated tremendously, there was something wrong with this saw. I called them for an rma number and explained the problem with the saw. A week and a half after returning it, I had no conformation from them of the status. I called them only to be told that a refund was issued on August 2nd, the day they received it back. 10 days later, still no refund. Called PayPal and was told that NO refund had been submitted from CPO. Filed a PayPal claim. They told PayPay that the return was because of "Buyers Remorse". They lied. And even if it was, why didn't they refund my money like they told me they had? PayPal got back a partial refund for me. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM CPO TOOLS OR TYLER TOOLS. CREEPS like this should be put out of business."

"We purchased a reconditioned Milwaukee cordless drill for my husband for Father's Day in 2013 from Tyler Tool. Although the drill arrived in good time, it does not work and we are unable to reach the company in order to resolve this issue. We want to return it and supposedly we can, but I do not believe we should have to pay the postage. They do not answer their phone or respond to email requests. The item they sent is totally defective."

cdh987's Avatar
Tehachapi, CA

"I ordered a refurbished 10” Ryobi table saw from Tyler Tool on Wednesday, 6/19/2013. I chose the ‘standard ground’ shipping option and was pleased to see that the saw qualified for the ‘$6.99 for most items’ shipping cost despite it’s not inconsiderable heft at over 50 lbs. Though pleased at the low shipping cost, I figured for that price I would not see it until well into next week. I checked the tracking and I believe it was scheduled for no later than Thursday, June 27th. So I was very surprised to have the saw arrive today—and on Saturday no less! (6/22/2013).

All said, I was very pleased with my experience with Tyler Tools.

"Order placed on May 28th. Called twice, first time they couldn't say when order would ship & when I checked the status on June 4th it still had not shipped and was told it would be another 3-4 business days before my order would ship. NOT ACCEPTABLE to take 2 weeks to process a simple order of bits."

modified review This review was modified by bjmiller71 on June 04 2013 07:10:27 AM

"Tyler tool's web site has a Black and Decker cordless 18 volt broom ( NS118 ) with TWO
battery packs. They only ship ONE and refuse to be responsible for the other.

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM

"I placed an order for a Hitachi miter saw. The item was in stock when I ordered (said more than one was in stock), and the promotion specifically said that it was good for in stock items only. I placed my order and later that day they canceled it saying it was now not in stock. I politely emailed them asking if there was anything they could substitute in its place of comparable performance, or if they could allow me to wait for it to come back in stock. They were curt, rude, and completely unhelpful. I am a very forgiving and flexible person, and am willing to work with them if they had any helpful suggestions on what they could do about this, but they don't even offer. I will never shop there again."

"I placed an order for a reconditioned grass trimmer. I received an order confirmation. Two weeks later I had not received the item. I called customer service and was told the trimmer was on back order and they did not know when it would be available. I should have been made aware of the back order status when I placed the order. Frankly TylerTool should not advertise an item they do not have. This is a deceptive selling practice and I do not recommend this company."

modified review This review was modified by Hougy on August 09 2010 10:48:25 AM

"I ordered a makita LXT601 combo kit from tylertool.com. the ordering process was pretty easy and it was the best price (except for Amazon. Amazon always hits you with slow delivery and secret shipping charges). My order from Tylertool was without a problem. I called customer service to ask about the difference between the LXT700 and 601. The guy was friendly and helped me. I made the order on line and got my combo kit in two days. No problems whatsoever. I will order from them again."

"I was especially impressed with the arrival time of my order. Great product"

modified review This review was modified by talbott on November 08 2007 12:39:36 PM

"I ordered a Makita drill and the webpage from which the order was placed stated that the drill came with a hard case (which is what I was looking for); but instead the drill came with Makita’s Contractor's Carry Bag--a soft case. I intentionally ordered from Tyler Tool because I wanted a hard case and not the soft Contractor’s Bag. When I emailed them with my concern (four times--I never received a response to my last email) I got the same response: “we only have the bags,” or “we do not have a hard case.” Their site said otherwise and what I received was not what I paid for.

In my second email (and the two following it) I provided a link to the webpage and a copy of the text highlighted pointing out what their ad said. I also provided pictures and model numbers of the soft and hard cases, all the info they would need to see that what I was stating was true, only to receive the same, very unhelpful response.

I then went to the BBB and filed a complaint. Finally, on 7/3/2007, three months later, I received a response from Tyler Tool and the hard case I had paid for. While they eventually did make things right, the letter from their manager, CM, did not include an apology for all my trouble and he pawned off the entire fiasco on Makita, stating that “they shipped one of our orders with bags instead of plastic cases.” Nowhere did he take responsibility for poor customer service, or for what was ultimately their mistake. I will never do business with Tyler Tool again.

modified review This review was modified by Angstromm on September 20 2007 03:23:42 PM

"Purchased $420 lawnmower from company. Delivered in satisfactory time, but with company's "safety tape" affixed. When opened, instruction/owner's manual missing. Tried to contact customer service repeatedly via email, but no reply (weekend). Called customer service directly and they said they were unable to furnish one, and gave me the number of the manufacturer.

Very disappointing!

Tyler Tool Company is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Tyler Tool Company is not a merchant member
Tyler Tool Company does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!