Stores > Trivago.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Trivago.com by clicking a star below.
2017-08-10

Trivago sent me to Amoma.com and it was a Scam!!!

"There was not reservation for me when I called my Hotel. I cancelled with Amoma since there was no reservation. Amoma has now charged me a cancellation fee the same as my room rate, because they said I only had one day to cancel. But they also said I had to wait 24 hrs to call the Hotel to confirm my room, I did and there was no reservation. So, I cancelled and still charged. But there was not room!!! "

2017-07-26

Unwilling to change my reservation

"I used Trivago yesterday to try to book a room at the San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina for an evening. I accidentally reserved the room for the first Saturday in September when I needed the reservation for the fist Saturday in August. I almost immediately recognized my mistake. It took me two days to finally get a customer service person on the phone. She was apparently reading from the website essentially saying that the "change fee" was the amount of the reservation fee. So, it seems that I can hand them the amount of the reservation and rebook at the posted price. Or, simply call the hotel and make the reservation. I asked them to apply the amount from the mistaken reservation to the posted price for the correct reservation and the customer service person read me the policy. I urge you to never use Trivago since they don't seem to have a good handle on customer service! "

2017-05-30

Avoid at all cost

"I booked a room with trivago in Myrtle Beach for two days. The motel was posted as beach front it was not. I called the motel within a five minute peroide to cancel. The motel itself did not have a problem with the cancellation however since it had been booked through trivago I must call them to cancel. Trivago would only refund half of my almost 500.00. This all happen within a 10 minute window. Never use trivago there nothing but con artist"

2017-04-27

Poor first experience - No resolution and traveling tomorrow

"I should have researched Trivago more prior to booking. I found the hotel on Trivago and booked through Amoma (trusted partner). I'm traveling with 4 adults and reserved a room for 2 beds. Confirmation says the same. The Hilton Americas in Houston has the reservation, but for 1 king and everything in the hotel is now full. The hotel manager told me when they sell blocks of rooms , they guarantee a room is available and they do NOT agree to what type of room. Amoma tells me my reservation is correct and should be 2 beds. I've patiently waited for a resolution but I travel tomorrow. Also, they are based in Europe, so the hours are not favorable for Service in the USA, especially if you have an urgent situation, like a reservation mishap. I've had the best luck booking direct with the hotel and negotiating a rate. "

2017-04-01

carlos

"carloseduardo de rangel sales

2017-03-02

BAIT AND NO SWITCH

"I booked 2 hotel rooms through Trivago while in Colombia. The price was very good and the reservations, confirmation and payment went through without a problem.
The morning of our check in (checked my emails at 8:00am) I found an email sent at 1:30am from Elvoline.com (the actual booking company that subs in Trivago). They advised our room rates were sold out and that we should go back online and book another room. This was within a few hours of our check in time and we had to scramble to find other accommodations. Needless to say we did not use Trivago to find another hotel and will never use them again.
This seems to be a common theme with Trivago. They post these excellent deals for hotels but they are booked through other sites and you have no idea what you will get.
DO NOT EVER USE TRIVAGO.COM, THEY ARE MIDDLEMEN WHO TAKE NO ACCOUNTABILITY OR RESEARCH THE SITES THEY PASS YOU ONTO.
As a great man once said:
Jerry: I don't understand. Do you have my reservation?
Rental Car Agent: We have your reservation, we just ran out of cars.
Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation.
Rental Car Agent: I think I know why we have reservations.
Jerry: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

2016-09-25

Avoid Trivago Completely

"I used Trivago to make a 3 night booking at a hotel. They showed a reasonable deal with the online booking company "hoteling". I was quoted an amount in Australian dollars which I accepted but it appeared a a higher price on my credit card because an "Overseas TXN Fee was added. If I'd been aware of that fee I would not have made the booking. I later discovered "Hoteling" was linked to several other companies including "Lowcostholidays Spain" which went into administration two months after my booking. Despite having an "Accommodation Voucher" with a Booking Reference" to hand into the hotel at check, the hotel says they don't have my reservation. This is despite me paying in advance, receiving an "Accommodation Voucher" and having my reservation confirmed by "Hoteling". Nobody out there is taking any responsibility for my booing, not Trivago, not the hotel and obviously not the "Hoteling" company in administration. Avoid Trivago completely or you could end up paying more than advertised then finding yourself losing all your money and without a booking at all."

2016-06-26

tri va no

"Avoid at all costs. A scam operation. This is how it works: you end up on an obscure site offering a good deal, you bite, send your money, and they send you a confirmation number. But they never make the reservation; your "confirmation number" is worthless; they hold on to your money and wait until the last minute to pull the trigger. (Hotel rooms are highly perishable, so they offer last minute discounts.) They hope to bank extra money by gambling the price goes down. However, if the hotel sells out or the price goes up, they (and you) have a problem. They point the finger at someone else (usually the hotel) and offer a refund or an inferior replacement room. A classic "heads we win, tails you lose" scam. Trivago disclaims any responsibility, yet they have known about this for years. Why? I believe Trivago is funded by these scurrilous web sites, and is essentially a criminal operation. "

2016-03-08

I don't write reviews, but when I do, it's about Trivago. Never again!

"You think you are making a reservation as you would through any other service like Expedia. However, once you place the order, they inform you that they are working with the hotel to confirm it (they don't have real-time info), and will call you (they don't).

Since they didn't caIl, I called them to confirm. They answer in Spanish (I ordered in English), pass to another person, pass to another person, then to another, and they just kept me on hold for longer than a reasonable amount. I hang up, and call back. Went to the hotel (Ceasars Palace) that I thought they made the reservation. Called them back, they said it wasn't available but another one was (The Luxor, which costs a little more). They confirmed it 3 times. I drive to the Luxor, wait in a line, to find out from The Luxor that no reservation exists nor were they available. I spend total 3 hours just trying to get a fcking hotel through Trivago. I call back. No apologies. No coupons. No discounts. No reconciliation from Trivago for their mistakes.

I will use a more reliable service next time. These guys won't last long...even with TV commercials.

2015-06-03

"I had the worst experience you can imagine with Trivago. I searched for a hotel and booked a reservation that was cheaper than any other site. When I found that THEY had made an error on the dates, I know because I manually put them in, and tried to cancel it I got a huge run-around and was on the phone for hours. Come to find out the company trivago sent me to called Amoma is in France and the operator was in Rumania! Don't use trivago for anything."

2015-05-17

"Hello,

My name is Fajer Al Qaderi (from Kuwait) and I really want to write a review on this hotel "Anantara Dhigou Resort and Spa" in the Maldives.
Below is the detail of my booking from the hotel. I just flue back to Dubai from their. I cut my holiday short because of them.
A big fire happened their next to my bungalow. 3 bungalows burnt and collapsed. I risked my family's life. The hotel had no rescue team, no aids, no visible fire extinguishers, no water sprinklers inside the rooms, they had nothing to help stop a fire!
Please see this link for the news:

I really want booking.com to post my review about my horrifying experience because I want other people to really think twice about booking in this hotel as it is really not safe for them.

Please post this is my review:

DO NOT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was there on the 16th-17th of May 2015
We stayed in the SUNRISE OVER WATER BUNGALOW with my family.

3 BUNGALOWS BURNED COMPLETELY DOWN at 1am while we were SLEEPING!!!!!
There was NO FIRE ALARMS! NO SIRENS WENT ON!!!
People came and banged hard on our doors in the middle of the night screaming "FIRE! FIRE!" to let us aware!

We woke up very FRIGHTENED and we ran out to see this BIG BLAZE of FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People were screaming and crying!!!
It was very HORRIFYING!!!
We were stuck amongst the other guests on that blazing wooden branch in the middle OF THE SEA!!! In the DARK!!
We couldn't cross over to the island because there was to much FIRE! and it was IMPOSSIBLE to walk or run through it or pass by it!!
People were JUMPING OFF AND TRYING TO SWIM BACK TO THE SHORE!!!

After a few minutes later a VERY SMALL RESCUE BOAT came!!!!
It only carried 5-6 people MAXIMUM!
THERE WASN'T ENOUGH SPACE AND WE COULDN'T GET ON IT!!!!!!!
So we had to wait for them to go and then come back to get us because there was ONLY 1 SMALL RESCUE BOAT!!!!!!

This hotel has NO RESCUE SYSTEM AT ALL!!!
it is CLEARLY NOT READY FOR BAD SITUATIONS like this!!
Thy don't have a PROFESSIONAL RESCUE TEAM!!!
even no LIFE GUARDS anywhere around the hotel!!!
3 BUNGALOWS HAD TO BURN DOWN UNTIL THEY COULD PUT THE FIRE OUT!!!!

They didn't have FIRE EXTINGUISHERS IN THE ROOMS!!!
There were NO WATER SPRINKLERS INSIDE THE ROOMS!!!
NO SAFETY AT all!!

They made us sign a paper when we first arrived saying IN CASE OF DEATH WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU!
this is very UN-COMFORTING AND NOW I CAN CLEARLY SEE WHY!!!
they put me and my family in danger!!!
WE RISKED OUR LIVES STAYING IN THIS HOTEL!! never again!!

after all of this and what we went through the hotel DIDN'T EVEN GIVE US THE NIGHTS FOR FREE!
they charged us for all the nights except that last horrifying night!
they didn't drop anything!
they didn't give us any kind of REFUND OR APOLOGY OR COMPENSATION!

THANKS TO GOD NO BODY DIED. ONLY MINOR INJURIES!

OUR HOLIDAY WAS A CATASTROPHE!!!
ME AND MY FAMILY ARE DEVASTATED EMOTIONALLY AND HORRIFIED MENTALLY!!!

please DON'T BOOK in this hotel!! trust me!
you will RISK YOUR LIFE!!!

I know that my booking on this hotel was not made through trivago.com but I have booked a lot of hotels though trivago.com before. Please consider my review on this hotel a special case for the sake and the safety of other people.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Fajer.

2015-05-08

"pros.
the website is quick,
u can always the cheapest deal for sure.
nice filters

cons.
user experience is not great on mobile.

2015-05-03

"Worthless for trying to find a hotel. Gives me a hotel & price, then when I click to go to the website to make the deal, the prices are completely different (in one case, trivago claimed the Sheraton Four Points at Logan Airport was $135, when I got to Expedia it was FOUR hundred thirty five), and often the travel dates are not the dates I entered (one simply defaulted to the next day - I'm not traveling tomorrow).

TOTALLY WORTHLESS.

2015-04-14

"Trivago Promotes Dishonest Travel Sites Knowingly

I've searched for hotels on Trivago on several occasions. Usually the lowest-price quoted is from Anoma - a fraudulent company. And the next lowest rate is from GetaRoom, who charge a huge "Tax Recovery and Service Fees" - in most cases 1/3 or more on the cost of the rooms!

Trivago has been told about these frauds, and they refuse to respond. I believe they are in cahoots with these fraudulent ripoff websites.

2015-04-08

"I made two bookings using Trivago in the past several months. Trivago does a good job of a search engine by gathering data, but does not make it clear that some of those third party hotel booking search results are foreign companies. Booking.com is one of those, based in the UK. Booking.com has a loosely worded "guarantee" for its lowest price, which you will not be able to dispute. It only guarantees the price is the lowest at the time of booking, and disallows any non-refundable bookings, which of course, all or most of their offers are. Therefore their "guaranteed lowest price" is not worth anything. I noted that the room price changed on my booking through them to a lower amount for my selected hotel the next day, but couldn't change my reservation without forfeiting my paid charge. From this bad experience, I learned that I could beat the hotel rates shown on the Trivago search by calling the hotel direct and negotiating with them instead of using this third party booking company. Read the numerous complaints on Booking.com before using them. Trivago would do well to provide a clear option to avoid foreign booking companies."

Share Trivago.com's store rating

Trivago.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Trivago.com is not a merchant member
Trivago.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!