• Trivago.com

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

2015-06-03

"I had the worst experience you can imagine with Trivago. I searched for a hotel and booked a reservation that was cheaper than any other site. When I found that THEY had made an error on the dates, I know because I manually put them in, and tried to cancel it I got a huge run-around and was on the phone for hours. Come to find out the company trivago sent me to called Amoma is in France and the operator was in Rumania! Don't use trivago for anything."

2015-05-17

"Hello,

My name is Fajer Al Qaderi (from Kuwait) and I really want to write a review on this hotel "Anantara Dhigou Resort and Spa" in the Maldives.
Below is the detail of my booking from the hotel. I just flue back to Dubai from their. I cut my holiday short because of them.
A big fire happened their next to my bungalow. 3 bungalows burnt and collapsed. I risked my family's life. The hotel had no rescue team, no aids, no visible fire extinguishers, no water sprinklers inside the rooms, they had nothing to help stop a fire!
Please see this link for the news:

I really want booking.com to post my review about my horrifying experience because I want other people to really think twice about booking in this hotel as it is really not safe for them.

Please post this is my review:

DO NOT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was there on the 16th-17th of May 2015
We stayed in the SUNRISE OVER WATER BUNGALOW with my family.

3 BUNGALOWS BURNED COMPLETELY DOWN at 1am while we were SLEEPING!!!!!
There was NO FIRE ALARMS! NO SIRENS WENT ON!!!
People came and banged hard on our doors in the middle of the night screaming "FIRE! FIRE!" to let us aware!

We woke up very FRIGHTENED and we ran out to see this BIG BLAZE of FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People were screaming and crying!!!
It was very HORRIFYING!!!
We were stuck amongst the other guests on that blazing wooden branch in the middle OF THE SEA!!! In the DARK!!
We couldn't cross over to the island because there was to much FIRE! and it was IMPOSSIBLE to walk or run through it or pass by it!!
People were JUMPING OFF AND TRYING TO SWIM BACK TO THE SHORE!!!

After a few minutes later a VERY SMALL RESCUE BOAT came!!!!
It only carried 5-6 people MAXIMUM!
THERE WASN'T ENOUGH SPACE AND WE COULDN'T GET ON IT!!!!!!!
So we had to wait for them to go and then come back to get us because there was ONLY 1 SMALL RESCUE BOAT!!!!!!

This hotel has NO RESCUE SYSTEM AT ALL!!!
it is CLEARLY NOT READY FOR BAD SITUATIONS like this!!
Thy don't have a PROFESSIONAL RESCUE TEAM!!!
even no LIFE GUARDS anywhere around the hotel!!!
3 BUNGALOWS HAD TO BURN DOWN UNTIL THEY COULD PUT THE FIRE OUT!!!!

They didn't have FIRE EXTINGUISHERS IN THE ROOMS!!!
There were NO WATER SPRINKLERS INSIDE THE ROOMS!!!
NO SAFETY AT all!!

They made us sign a paper when we first arrived saying IN CASE OF DEATH WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU!
this is very UN-COMFORTING AND NOW I CAN CLEARLY SEE WHY!!!
they put me and my family in danger!!!
WE RISKED OUR LIVES STAYING IN THIS HOTEL!! never again!!

after all of this and what we went through the hotel DIDN'T EVEN GIVE US THE NIGHTS FOR FREE!
they charged us for all the nights except that last horrifying night!
they didn't drop anything!
they didn't give us any kind of REFUND OR APOLOGY OR COMPENSATION!

THANKS TO GOD NO BODY DIED. ONLY MINOR INJURIES!

OUR HOLIDAY WAS A CATASTROPHE!!!
ME AND MY FAMILY ARE DEVASTATED EMOTIONALLY AND HORRIFIED MENTALLY!!!

please DON'T BOOK in this hotel!! trust me!
you will RISK YOUR LIFE!!!

I know that my booking on this hotel was not made through trivago.com but I have booked a lot of hotels though trivago.com before. Please consider my review on this hotel a special case for the sake and the safety of other people.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Fajer."

2015-05-08

"pros.
the website is quick,
u can always the cheapest deal for sure.
nice filters

cons.
user experience is not great on mobile."

2015-05-03

"Worthless for trying to find a hotel. Gives me a hotel & price, then when I click to go to the website to make the deal, the prices are completely different (in one case, trivago claimed the Sheraton Four Points at Logan Airport was $135, when I got to Expedia it was FOUR hundred thirty five), and often the travel dates are not the dates I entered (one simply defaulted to the next day - I'm not traveling tomorrow).

TOTALLY WORTHLESS. "

2015-04-14

"Trivago Promotes Dishonest Travel Sites Knowingly

I've searched for hotels on Trivago on several occasions. Usually the lowest-price quoted is from Anoma - a fraudulent company. And the next lowest rate is from GetaRoom, who charge a huge "Tax Recovery and Service Fees" - in most cases 1/3 or more on the cost of the rooms!

Trivago has been told about these frauds, and they refuse to respond. I believe they are in cahoots with these fraudulent ripoff websites. "

2015-04-08

"I made two bookings using Trivago in the past several months. Trivago does a good job of a search engine by gathering data, but does not make it clear that some of those third party hotel booking search results are foreign companies. Booking.com is one of those, based in the UK. Booking.com has a loosely worded "guarantee" for its lowest price, which you will not be able to dispute. It only guarantees the price is the lowest at the time of booking, and disallows any non-refundable bookings, which of course, all or most of their offers are. Therefore their "guaranteed lowest price" is not worth anything. I noted that the room price changed on my booking through them to a lower amount for my selected hotel the next day, but couldn't change my reservation without forfeiting my paid charge. From this bad experience, I learned that I could beat the hotel rates shown on the Trivago search by calling the hotel direct and negotiating with them instead of using this third party booking company. Read the numerous complaints on Booking.com before using them. Trivago would do well to provide a clear option to avoid foreign booking companies."

2015-03-24

"I looked up hotels in Orange Park, FL. I received a list of hotels in Jasper Alabama.
When i commented to them about the error they sent me a list of hotels in Orange Park.
I got no answer when i told them that i was complaining more about the error than the absence of the list. They did not respond.

The error is still there. Look up Orange Park FL USA and you will be given a list for Jasper AL, About a 500 mile drive to get to any destination near Orange Park.

2014-11-15

"I booked what was listed on Trivago's site as a double room suite. Trivago's site directed me to the Amoma site to book the room. When I got to the hotel I was given the smallest single room the hotel had. I brought this to Trivago's attention and was given a small token refund. I never heard back from them about the resolution of the problem nor was I given a more reasonable refund. As far as I know that same small single room may still be listed on Trivago as a double room suite."

2014-10-26

"Watch OUT!!!
First their program automatically moves the date you entered ahead one month. If you miss that change you end up with a room in the next month, then they charge you a mandatory $25 cancellation fee. BE SURE to get a confirmation number as they will later charge you for the room, too. I had to file a complaint with Am. Epress before I could get just the room fee returned. Don't use this RIP-OFF TRIVAGO scam site."

2014-08-05

"BIG RIPOFF - will never use again. I booked last Thursday for 2 nights (the next (day)Friday and Saturday) at Holiday Inn Express in Danbury CT. I was charged $104 by priceline.com (another ripoff I will never use again). Friday as we drove to Connecticut , I picked up a hotelcoupons.com book - the price was $79 !!! When I got to hotel they would have honored coupon except that I had already paid a third party. If I had just showed up and asked for the AARP or AAA rate, it would have been $99 !!!"

2014-06-22

"Trivago sucks. I booked what seemed like a deal then the funny stuff began. I was billed by another company in Euro's for a stay in Toronto. Then I was charged an extra 13 Euros because I used my Amex. I should have cancelled then.
When I checked I was told none of my Marriot membership benefits would apply, no free internet, no free breakfast, no free parking, no free coffee, no credit for the 5 nights stay, no points. So after all was said and done, it was no deal it cost me more to use Trivago."

2014-01-11

"For new year's eve I went to Las Vegas, as I decided to go on short notice most of the hotels were already booked out. With trivago I was still able to find a decent deal and a good range of available rooms."

2013-07-18

"Wow, this website is great for searching for a good hotel at a great price. Upon entering the site, I was greeted with an immediate list of Las Vegas hotels. Having frequented the city many times, I definitely appreciated the convenient list of familiar names and reduced prices. It's a great site with a logical layout that is easy to navigate around. It's straight to the point and helps make the hassle of finding a place super easy. "

2013-05-18

"Trivago is a nicely designed hotel search engine that promises to provide you with the cheapest price. What I particularly appreciate about trivago is that it doesn't bother you with those annoying Google advertisements or blinking pop-ups. Not too many big websites are free of ads nowadays - you're right, only a few. When it comes to the functionality of the site, I think it’s rather easy and quick to handle the filters and find what you're looking for. For example, I was looking for hotels in Turkey, and Trivago provided me with a surprisingly huge number of options. Using the filters on price and distance, I narrowed down the big list quite easily and found a pretty great-looking hotel close to the beach--for a pretty great price. I will continue using trivago and will certainly recommend it to my traveling friends."

2013-04-18

"The site is simple and easy to navigate. What I really liked most about Trivago is that it automatically showed me hotel rates for hotels in Las Vegas as soon as I entered the address in my browser. It's like Trivago knew I wanted to go to Las Vegas! It's almost like the site is psychic. Seriously, this website makes finding and comparing rates super easy and I will definitely use this site again for my next trip. If you want to find cheap hotels in Vegas or anywhere else and don't want to jump from site to site to compare prices, just go to Trivago for easy and fast comparisons. "

This review was modified by TipTappers on April 18 2013 05:59:49 PM

Share Trivago.com's store rating

Trivago.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Trivago.com is a merchant member
Trivago.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,847 merchant members.