• Tree Classics

Product & services pricing Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.27/10 2.27/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.23/10 0.23/10

"VERY DISAPPOINTED with this company! Due to a website malfunction, I ended up with two identical trees. I called as soon as I received two separate shipping notices stating that the tree had shipped, Tree Classics said they couldn't do anything since the trees were in transit. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said they would have someone contact me. After multiple emails and several phone calls I still never directly spoke with a supervisor. I ended up shipping the extra tree back at my own expense PLUS they charged me a 10% restocking fee. I have never experienced such shoddy customer service, Oh, and guess what, I wrote a negative review on their site and it never was posted (and no, there was no profanity, etc.). I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND Tree Classics."

modified review This review was modified by Reviewer123xyz on February 13 2015 10:38:34 AM

"Customer service for Tree Classics is horrible!!! I have never had such an awful experience when purchasing an item online. I purchased a tree in November which arrived two days before Christmas. One section of the lights were not working. They sent a replacement part which arrived in January. Another section of lights were not working. The third time I called they said they could send another replacement part and I should receive it in July!!!! They said that refunds are not posssible. But, after much complaining they agreed to let me return the tree with a 20% restocking fee. What?????? Why would I return the defective tree, pay the shipping, AND pay them an extra $150-200 to take it back. Just awful."

"I purchased an artificial 6 ft.white pine tree. I searched Tree Classics website trying to find out if the tree I wanted was made in China or the US. Although not explicit, it was implied the company manufactured its trees. Surprise! The tags on my new tree said "made in China." When I removed the tree for its box for the second Christmas, it had started yellowing and was shedding lots of needles. After the 3rd Christmas, when the yellowing and shedding was really bad, I called the company's customer service and was told to take pictures and send them to customer service because the tree had a 5-year warranty. I had always displayed and stored the tree exactly as the instructions stated. I emailed my photos and was told customer service would review my request for a replacement tree under the warranty and would let me know. Nearly 3 weeks later, I received a call telling me the warranty would not be honored because I had bought the tree more than 2 years ago. When I said the original customer service rep I talked to said the tree was covered by a 5-year warranty, I was told that warranty was for trees purchased now but not for trees purchased 2-3 years ago. The tree is very poorly made and is not holding up but Tree Classics will not honor its warranty."

modified review This review was modified by dmoffitt511 on January 30 2015 05:08:32 PM

"One of my items, a Christmas tree storage bag for $100, was not delivered by FedEx since the package was damaged en route. Tree classics was not able to send me a replacement since the item was out of stock, but refused to refund the entire amount. Since I used a coupon for $50 off of an total order $530 they would apply that entire coupon amount to the refund of the single item in effect refunding me only half of the paid amount."

modified review This review was modified by odaig on December 28 2014 06:41:53 AM

"DON'T BUY FROM TREE CLASSICS!!!!! I was shipped a defective tree on 12/2/14 (do you see a theme here? Bad suppliers!! Low quality products!!). I initiated a warranty claim and it took the company 10 days to figure out what to do. You never get to contact anyone from customer service directly. You sit on hold waiting on the general 1-800 number forever. Tree Classics finally got back to me and instead of shipping me a tree right away based on THEIR defective product they are requiring me to provide a receipt that shows that I took THEIR defective tree to a charity. Why is it MY responsibility to fix their problem? They will not send a replacement until I take time out of my schedule to get them a receipt. You cannot talk to anyone empowered to make an exception to their "policy". It is such a typical customer service toll free attitude. Their reps are not given the authority to make sure the customer is taken care of. They can't send you to someone who does have the power to help. Really sad situation.

DO NOT BUY FROM TREE CLASSICS!!! If THEY send you a defective product you are going to be the one who is responsible to fix it.

modified review This review was modified by Zz456123 on December 19 2014 11:28:37 AM

"Cheap Chinese products with non-existent customer service is not a company that anybody would want to do business with. Tree Classics ruined my family's Christmas and they will ruin yours too if you give them the chance. We ordered a $900 tree at Thanksgiving that we received ten days later. The tree received was a cheaply made, sparse tree with half of the white LED lamps glowing yellow resulting in very poor appearance. I registered a complaint the day the tree was received and sent photos of the defective lights. Ten days later and three phone calls to 'customer service' and I still have no response. Shame on me for not reading their return policy to discover that they don't accept returns for their defective Chinese junk without charging exorbitant restocking fees. You could do a lot better - almost anywhere. The tree offered at Costco was twice the tree for half the price. "

"Terrible customer service! If you order from here, you better HOPE you don't have any issues with your product because they are unable to resolve anything in a timely manner. Bought my tree at the end of October and put it up a month later. The lights made an awful buzzing noise to point that we could not light the tree. Now 8 days before Christmas (and 3 1/2 weeks after calling customer service) and STILL waiting on a replacement part. All we have a is a dark tree!!"

modified review This review was modified by Kjdl1302 on December 16 2014 08:28:23 AM

"Tree Classics shipped incorrect parts for the tree we ordered and after 6 calls and 10 days have been unable to send out return shipping labels. We have asked for a refund but based on 45 minute wait times and the complete run around that I am getting, I do not expect to receive satisfaction"

modified review This review was modified by mnjpanzer on December 14 2014 12:44:06 PM

"As others have said Tree Classics has the absolute WORST customer service I have ever encountered. Their policy states they will send you replacements if anything is damaged or not working. That is not the case. I bought some lights after talking with a sales rep for quite a while trying to figure out what lights would work for my tree as I bought it quite a few years ago.. finally we decided on some lights. They arrived in small manila envelopes.. since I couldn't see if they were the right lights for my tree I opened one... they were not the right lights. We called and found out that since I opened the package we couldn't return those lights! (so why don't you put them in a plastic bag so I can see without opening?) Then we had to pay the shipping to return the lights that were wrong. then we had to pay for shipping of different lights and we got those today and they DON' T WORK and they basically said TOO BAD..they could care less. DO NOT buy anything from this company... they SUCK!!"

modified review This review was modified by jermjul on December 12 2014 01:20:38 PM

"The Christmas tree I purchased looks so real that friends who
see it want to know where I purchased it. It is easy to assemble and disassemble after Christmas. We have the narrow tree version that saves on space but not on beauty. We are 100% happy and satisfied with our tree.

"Horrible customer service... wait time is forever to get a customer service rep on the phone. Tree shipped later than promised and they refused to cancel my order. Instead I must pay $50 per box to return the tree and a 10% restocking fee! Agent on the phone was uncaring about the situation despite the notes on my account about my trying to cancel and wanting to if not received prior to Thanksgiving. Rude overall in my opinion."

modified review This review was modified by DeeVa on December 01 2014 07:29:20 AM

"This company is not good to work with. The Tree I ordered said it was 6' and it is not. I tried to return the tree and than they said I had to pay a 10% restocking fee. I asked for it to be waived and I was told I am to send picture showing it's not 6'. I am waiting to hear from the company to get that waived. Their emails don't work and they don't respond to the ones you are suppose to use. Not a good company to do business with."

"After tossing out my 18 year old nice looking artificial tree, spending much time researching trees, and receiving more info by phone from the Rep at Tree Classics, I purchased the 7 1/2 ft Snowy Aspen Spruce with clear lights. The Rep was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to speak with. If she didn't know the answer to my multitude of questions, she quickly found the answers. It arrived in two large boxes within 4 days of ordering. This tree is just gorgeous! Very, very full and thick. There is a huge number of tips and the branches and tips are strong and perfect for my heavy ornaments. The lights are perfectly spaced. It actually looks snow-kissed. It was extremely easy to set up. I am 5"2" and was able to assemble without any help, though as in years past, I did stand on a chair to reach the top. The only drawback is it was messy setting up due to the loose flocking. It is not a flocked tree per se. Just has a light snowy look to the branches. The styrofoam type tiny bits used for the "snow" stuck to everything. Each of the four parts of the tree was nicely wrapped in bubble wrap. I opened up the bubble wrap and kept the pieces laid out on the wrap to help control the static effect of the loose "snow". I believe this excess loose flocking was from the original assembly and shipping. It did continue to fall off when our large dogs brushed by the tree but, you can't tell the tree lost any "snow". Hoping next year not as much "snow" falls off. It took a lot of fluffing, as any brand new tree would need upon the first set-up. The more you fluff, the fuller and wider the tree is. I absolutely love this tree. We have received numerous comments on how beautiful it is. Other than the falling "snow" it is perfect! I really didn't mind doing a little more vacuuming. I am happy that I have two large boxes for storage so that I don't need to smash it all into one box. The extra "snow" is worth the mess when you end up with a very full, lush, lovely tree. I am exceptionally pleased with this purchase and hope to have this tree for many years to come! "

"After 28 years of marriage I finely gave in to my husband and we bought an artificial tree. I was determined to not like it, as I have always had a real Christmas tree. When our St. Charles unlit tree arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The tree went together very easily and after a few minutes of adjusting branches out tree looked great. By the time we added lights and ornaments I was extremely happy with the choice we had made. No more pine needles being found in the middle of July."

modified review This review was modified by taczyz on January 08 2014 02:42:05 PM

"I purchased the Monticello Regency 7.5 tree at the end of the holiday season last year. When we received it we tested the lights before storing it for next season. It was very bright. It is a very nice, full tree. We moved and it was in storage so the only complaint I have which was probably a storage issue is one of the screws from the branches fell off. I simply put it back to hold the branch up. We received a ton of complements on it. My only regret is not getting a larger tree for our new home. I would not hesitate on purchasing another tree from tree classics. "

modified review This review was modified by sdigian on January 07 2014 07:48:06 PM

Share Tree Classics's store rating

Tree Classics is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Tree Classics is not a merchant member
Tree Classics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!