• Toys 'R' Us

Product & services pricing Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.38/10 0.38/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.18/10 0.18/10

"The worst ever!!! I ordered on line 18 days ago no update yet on my order no one can answer my question whats the delay for and looks like they don't care.
Never again and I am reporting them for the BBB.

This review was modified by Alykh123 on June 18 2015 01:35:58 PM

"Worst service ever!!!!! We went into store to purchase a stroller. Because it was a special color they ordered it from online. 4 days later I received an email saying the order was cancelled due to out of stock. We had already been charged. We had to wait and argue to get our refund. Then we were told we would get a notification when it was back in stock. Suprise surprise... no notification. Once we saw it was back in stock we called them. was put on hold for 20 minutes, the line dropped. my husband called back, got the same guy. he said he was having tech difficulties, after putting my husband on hold another 20 minutes, he tells us its being shipped for 518 tax in and we should receive an email confirmation. Again we didnt receive it and our credit card was charged 585$. Once my husband called back they couldnt find the order or the call anymore, and we are told we have to wait 72h. 4 days later we call back and now its out of stock and there is nothing they can do about it. What the hell kind of service is that. seriously go anywhere but Toys R US! its the worst service and they give the run around."

"Don't walk away, RUN! The WORST online shopping experience I can remember. First we ordered before Christmas 2014, order arrived but box contained only a dirty, soiled, footprint stained, skirt instead of the complete outfit ordered. TRU cust service said we didn't need to send it back, but then charged us for non-return. The Christmas gift arrived at our door mid-January. Was supposed to be shipped to VT address. Took 10 phone calls and 3 months to get our money back.

Second attempt to order a birthday gift in March. We called the order in, confirmed billing vs. ship-to address (bill in RI, ship to TX). Confirmed with agent 3 times! Was shipped to RI, and missed birthday. Took 8 calls and 4 weeks to finally get to send an RMA. Then only was refunded part of the cost. Took another 2 calls to get the total refund.

Do NOT shop online with Toys-R-Us or Babys-R-Us. You'll be sorry you did and can expect to spend many hours over the course of weeks on the phone trying to get your money back.

"Seems this company cares about nothing but making money. I have spent 2 days trying to get an item shipped that is in stock and I paid 20.00 shipping on, but they say it won't ship for a month and that they can't cancel my order. They sure didn't have a problem charging my bank account!!!! Worst customer service ever! And the fake nice voice from customer service as they tell you that they can't help you just makes it worse!!!!!!"

This review was modified by Afordham81 on April 09 2015 09:29:11 AM

"This place has the worst customer service I have ever seen. I went through emails, live chat, and phone to try to resolve my problem but got no help at all. An order placed on the 13th still had not shipped on the 18th even though it was in stock. I was told "It was in limbo"...I suggested they take it out of "limbo" or cancel my order. Of course, they already had my money, and refused to cancel the order. Never again will I shop at any toys r us...my money will be spent at a store who deserves it."

This review was modified by Shewtinstar on February 18 2015 11:53:10 AM

"(Toys'r'us Canada) Wooow ! 10 days to ship, but missing partS, had to call the manufacturer myself : but they never found the correct number ; and can't ship back, maaaany hours on the phone, many emails, ended up driving to a store where they said they had my scooter : but they didn't ! Gave me back a gift card, and the scooter is not on sale anymore so it won't even pay for it. I ordered this gift 3 weeks before christmas thinking it was a reliable company, and am giving up today. No need to say how much hate I have for them and should have read the reviews before. Out of hundreds : my worst online bought ever."

This review was modified by Rap2k on February 04 2015 11:21:22 AM

"This store is a joke. Not kidding - only an hour and a half after placing an on-line order for a gift for my niece's baby shower , I learned that her shower was a surprise and I was running the risk of ruining that surprise if she received my gift prior to the party date. I immediately got on the phone with customer service, and was told their hands were tied and that it was already too late to modify my order. The customer service reps declined my request to talk to any managers, and kept me on hold for nearly an hour while they tried to track down someone I could talk to. Finally got a hold of a floor manager, who again told me that there was nothing I could do until I received the shipping tracking number, and then I could contact the carrier to change the delivery destination. The next day I did receive the tracking info, called UPS, and was told that my item had been shipped as a Sure Post Package, that the post office would be making the final delivery, and that only the shipper could reroute the package. Once again I called Babies R Us customer service, and was told by the rep that she would reroute my package so it would not be delivered to my niece. Two days later I checked my tracking and discovered that my item had NOT been rerouted at all and was out for delivery to my niece. Thanks, Babies R US. Your customer service is in insult. Trying to get a human on the line is impossible, and when you do, everyone you speak to has the same rehearsed answer is as unhelpful as possible. I find it hard to believe that in this computer age, that modifying an order is so difficult and can't be accomplished without hours of phone time on the customer's part. Furthermore, leading the customer to believe that a matter has been handled - when it clearly hasn't. I have never been treated so poorly by a company in my life and will never buy anything from this store again. Amazon will be getting my business from now on."

This review was modified by EPLK on January 30 2015 09:26:58 AM

"Horrible. First I received an email telling me one of my items would be delayed. Then I received an email telling me the item was no longer available and they were cancelling that item. I never received a refund to my credit card. I emailed customer service asking for my refund, but have still heard nothing. Crooks. They shouldn't be able to get away with stealing from people. "

This review was modified by sove on January 27 2015 05:08:41 PM

" Toys R Us, are just an awful company that has left me with a very awful experience on customer service.
My Husband bought a baby monitor for our newborn, and we found that isn't working, the sound isn't working, the screen would go off, while my baby was sleeping in a different room. Absolutely scary for a parent. We went to Toys R Us in Surrey at King George Boulevard and 102nd, to return it since we had the warranty. But apparently they can't do anything about it, and also the fact they have sold me the wrong warranty. We have asked if we could speak to a manager, she didn't come at all, so instead they told us to call motorola. This is completely infuriating, and upsetting. The people who work there have no idea what they are doing. I needed help with a carseat, took 30 minutes for someone to show up, the employees there know nothing, I was looking for someone to help with cloth diapering, no one to be found. I wanted to exchange a baby bouncer because the vibration wiring wasn't hooked in, but they couldn't replace it because they didn't have it. We were able to get a refund for this at least. This place is awful. Whom ever is expecting a baby or want to purchase anything from there don't. You will be WASTING YOUR MONEY and time! Worst experience at a store. Baby's world, TJ Kiddies, and other stores are places where customer services has been amazing!

"I ordered baby gifts off of the ToysRUs/BabiesRUs website for my cousins baby shower. I was fine with the shipping. All packages arrived, however, the 3 different orders for baby clothing all arrived with the clothing ink safety tags still on them. I ordered online for the convenience as I don't live close to my cousin, and because she is almost 9 months pregnant. Now, she must go 45 minutes out of her way to the nearest Babies R Us, and have the security tags removed. I would think 1 or 2 items might be a mistake, however, even that shouldn't happen. This is all of the baby outfits 7 outfits! I like the idea of ordering online because it's convenient. I also contacted the customer service line to say what had happened and the woman said that they weren't responsible for other centers. . . I'm baffled. If the ToysRUs/BabiesRUs customer service line isn't responsible to hear about this, who do I contact? She told me to go into my local store. I can't imagine why my local store is responsible for this when the items weren't even shipped from here. Very dissatisfying experience as far as the customer service side goes. The products were well priced, and my cousin loves the ingenuity rocker, so I'm happy with the quality. Customer service needs work."

This review was modified by Catgrl007 on January 24 2015 09:30:11 PM

"Has anyone else pre-ordered amiibos from Toys R Us? They initially cancelled my pre-orders a few weeks after placing them, then offered me a coupon and exclusive link to re-order them, so I did. Received a confirmation email instantly and then another email a week later saying they were getting ready to ship, then they got cancelled again. The problem occurred when I initially ordered from Toys R Us instead of gamestop, walmart, amazon or any other seller that had amiibos. Toys R Us ran out, so now I can't get them. I contacted Toys R Us and their customer service gives me a generic canned response, so I contacted BBB due to their customer service, which went as well as can be expected, BBB did say that they would monitor Toys R Us account over the next few days for similar complaints, so if anyone has had any issues ordering from Toys R Us website, amiibos or not, I invite you to file a complaint. http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/toys-retail/toys-r-us-in-wayne-nj-29003690/"

This review was modified by Brennertech on January 15 2015 08:53:24 AM

"Terrible.
I ordered a Crystal Blue 2DS and Smash Bros 4 for my boyfriend several states away, early in December. I even ordered for them to be gift wrapped.
It's now over a month (January) and 2 customer service calls later, and still nothing. I called again and they told me they ran out of stock on the 2DS.
I'm getting a refund and ordering from Amazon instead.

This review was modified by Night27 on January 08 2015 05:38:14 PM

"DO NOT ORDER ONLINE FROM TOYS R US!! I placed an order on Nov.7 for a wagon and conversion kit. On Nov.14 I received the conversion kit I have yet, as of Jan.7, not received my wagon. I have contacted Toys R Us by many means, and spoke with many reps. My tale is really long, but to summarize, I got the absolute runaround from every person I emailed or spoke with. The customer service was unhelpful, lacked knowledge of procedures, unprofessional, and restricted in assisting me with reorder. Today I was told I could reorder the wagon at a cost of $50.00, which would be reimbursed. I already paid for this item and now you are saying I have to pay MORE? I will never shop or set foot in that store again!! Wish I could contact CEO so he is aware of how horrible Toys R Us is."

"Bottom line here folks - Toys R Us is NOT and online store. It just isn't. It wants to be, but it is not yet. 3 orders for the same product, all fell through, all for various different reasons unknown to their C.S. department. Huge phone menu to go thru to speak to a person, no good answers from anyone. DO NOT try to buy online from them, you will be dissapointed."

"NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER A TOY FOR MY KIDS FROM TOYS "R" US I'LL RATHER DO IT FROM THE BEST AND CHEAPEST PLACE WALMART .So I decided to purchase an easel for my 4 year old i looked everywhere online for a pink easel but no other place had it but toys r us so i tried to buy it online which most things i buy its online with NO PROBLEM till now! BIG mistake it wouldn't let me so i called them to order it ON 12/19/14 i obviously wanted it for Christmas day she said no problem it will arrive on time after I noticed my item was not shipped and called customer service like 20 times everyday they gave me a $20 promotional code to make it up when i went to NAPLES FL store they didn't have anything for $20 everything was out of stock or misplaced and WITH THE WRONG PRICES..they didn't even have chalks lol finally on Monday 12/29/14 the easel was delivered 6 BUSINESS DAYS LATER. GREAT WAY TO GIVE MY DAUGHTER HER CHRISTMAS PRESENT "

This review was modified by LilyPaz11 on December 31 2014 10:19:56 AM

Share Toys 'R' Us's store rating

Toys 'R' Us is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Toys 'R' Us is not a merchant member
Toys 'R' Us does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!