Product & services pricing Rating 2.76/10 2.76/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.19/10 1.19/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.45/10 1.45/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10

"I ordered everything on November 28th and expected to get everything by early last week (December 8th). I called multiple times this past Friday (December 12) and the only customer service people I was able to speak to were people who were answering their phones from their homes. They said that they work from home. This was not a Toys R Us call center.

Not one of them were able to answer any questions. All that they told me was that warehouse is having difficulty. They could not even tell me whether the items were in stock. I was able to gather more information from looking up my order online. They couldn't transfer me to a supervisor and told me a supervisor would call me within 72 hours. I have not received a call yet.

One of the customer service people told me to order the toys from somewhere else.

I finally went to toys r us this sunday and purchase the items that were available. That night the toys r us system was updated and said most of the items shipped from the warehouse and two were cancelled. I'm still waiting on two items to be shipped.

If you don't have items in stock, don't let me purchase the item online. This was despicable customer service. All that the customer service person was able to offer was that I can cancel my order.

I did not even receive email updates for my order. Pay the premium - go to Amazon.

modified review This review was modified by dlads on December 17 2014 11:19:51 AM

"The layaway System in Columbia md. has got to be the worse ever. I waited for a hour for a group of workers to look for my layaway that obviously was misplaced and lost. They ran around in circles until finally telling we will call you if we find it if not we will just refund it. The customer service here is terrible. It doesn't matter if you spend thousands like me or even just a dollar, it is not appreciated. Everyone walks around like they hate their job and could care less how your shopping experience was. Will never return to this location. Nor use their layaway ever again. "

modified review This review was modified by jencanter on December 17 2014 01:07:43 AM

"I went shopping for a set of twin girls and a younger boy. Theyre my grandchildren and are into minecraft and skylanders. I was approached without asking for help and helped as much as possible. Her name was Amanda, who also rang me up and ws such a sweetheart. She made me feel welcome to Toys R Us."

modified review This review was modified by sJaine00921 on December 16 2014 06:17:01 PM

"I have been trying for months to resolve an issue with an xBox live contract purchased through Toys R Us that has literally made my son's xBox impossible to ever access xBox live again. Microsoft informed me that I had to resolve the issue with Toys R Us directly. I have contracted Toys R Us via telephone and the first time I was able to speak to an American. My call was never returned. The last 3 times I spoke to 3 different reps all with Indian accents that could not understand me, nor I them. All 3 stated I would be contacted within 3-5 business days regarding my issue. I have never received a follow up call or email. I have now emailed Toys R Us customer service twice, both time receiving an auto-response that I will be contacted within 7-10 business days. I have yet to be contacted. I am extremely upset that the customer service has been apparently outsourced and obviously is non-existent at this point. I have no clue how to resolve this issue, since no one seems to have the authority to help me and stating the issue is being escalated apparently means we are going to ignore you."

"Had a terrible time with Toys R US. They cancelled my order after several emails and phone calls telling me that the item is in stock. I ordered it when the special first came out after receiving email from them promoting the special. I currently believe the entire "special" was a scam. I ordred a crib and dresser, the special only applied if you ordered both. I did and they cancelled the crib. I called and asked if they could give me some other crib that would suffice, they wouldnt give me the time of day. I then asked that they cancel the dresser being that I couldnt get the matching crib they told me that they couldnt do that and I would have to refuse the shipmnent once it arrived.
TOTAL SHAM!!! They charged my credit card the surcharge to ship both items long before the cancellation email came or they actually shipped the dresser. I now have to try to chase them to make sure I get refunds for all the items purchased.
NEVER AGAIN will I order from them.

"Toys R Us Ruined my Christmas! Ordered item 4 weeks before, when item was supposed to be delivered, got an email saying it was delayed and wouldn't arrive by Christmas. Spent 1hr on hold to speak to manager who said sorry, cannot cancel or speed up the shipment even though it hadn't shipped yet. RIDICULOUS!!"

modified review This review was modified by Tricia13 on December 09 2014 08:00:35 AM

"Toys R Us has the absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with! I ordered an item online on Thanksgiving Day shortly after the sale went live. I was told 5 days later that the item would be delayed. No big deal! Then over a week after placing the order I was told my order had been canceled! I contacted customer service and was told they could do nothing because the item was now out of stock. When the order was placed the website said there were plenty! Had I known before placing the order that the item was not available I would have purchased elsewhere. Now I am stuck and cannot get the item anywhere for that price! The only solution they gave me!? $10 store credit! What good does that do me when the next closest item is $50 more than what I paid!?"

"I had 3 Layaways online Totaling $533.00 I paid them off a week ago and they are marked shipped. No tracking numbers were provided online or through email. I have not received anything. I have called them several times and no one knows why they have not been sent or what is going on. They keep telling me that they will escalate this and someone will call me. So far no one has.

Two of the layaways are Christmas presents and the other was to be a Birthday present for my grand son next week.

I have no idea what to do next.

"Horrible packaging. Barely any tape was used, and the box was coming open both on top and bottom. The remote control of the Batbot looked like it had been "cut" off of the Batbot's box, and when I finally bought some AAA batteries for it, it didn't work. (Honestly, I thought I was lucky it hadn't fallen out of the box.) I'm guessing the item was returned as defective by someone else, and I was the unlucky one who got it. Fortunately, there is still time to get this toy from a different retailer before Christmas. There was not enough bubble packaging inside the package to protect the items. Horrible customer service. I e-mailed them right after I received the package, and they never responded. I e-mailed them again this evening and will be interested if there is a response this time. I am very disappointed in them...and will never shop on-line from toysrus.com ever again. "

"I had the absolute worst expense yesterday with an online order with toys r us. I spoke to 4 different agents & a supervisor before my problem got fixed. I was on the phone for six+ hours . Never again will I order from toys r us ! Worst online shopping experience ever !"

modified review This review was modified by jmrivera408 on December 04 2014 06:34:50 AM

"I was skeptical making a purchase at Toys R Us, BUT I made a purchase, on 12/1 and it took 15 minutes before the transaction appeared, then when it appeared it was just a regular invoice with no options, not even a cancel button if i wanted to cancel if they did not process my order in a timely manner ex. 2 days. Well, my order isn't processing its stick "in stock" status. A rep told me that the cancel option doesn't always show and that I have to call within 45 mins of order. That is complete BS especially if the transaction is still pending, and what if the item got set to an incorrect address, are you going to tell me to stand outside that person's house until it arrives to that I can send it back. What the heck! SUCH A POOR SYSTEM FOR CUSTOMERS..."

modified review This review was modified by Mone91 on December 03 2014 02:36:33 PM

"THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! Ordered a Zachary Mobile online in a registry on 10/10. Item shipped 10/12. My friend received a stuffed little octopus!!!! Called customer services and spoke to Rai (employee #4868) who apologized and said she can keep the octopus (19.99) that he would send the correct item asap (63.78) A month later, no item. Called again and apparently the order was not completed. Finally received the correct item on 11/22. Shortly after, received a reminder notice to return the original item or i will be charged 63.78! I called a spoke to supervisor Raynaldo (employee #2853) who said he was very sorry but i had to return the wrong item. THE WRONG IS A STUFFED LITTLE OCTOPUS. I had the most embarrassing moment telling a pregnant woman on bed rest that she needed to return the freaking item i had originally told her she could keep!!! Toys R Us did nothing for us. They screwed up twice! and we ended up paying the price. The worst experience ever! Do not shop with them online. Horrible!"

"Purchased item online for store pick up. Was told and emailed that total was $24.06 (for Wii game and protection on disc). Second email from toys r us stating confirming purchase stated total $23.88. Email stating item ready for pick up stated total was $21.59. Waited much longer at store (after getting ready for pick up email) for item then if I had just gone to the store and purchased item off the shelf. Noticed a sale on the same game that I had purchased online with in store pickup so I decided to purchase the same game again as well as a few others due to the sale being buy 1 get a second game for $2. After making that purchase I went to customer service to return the online order, she had trouble getting the refund bar code on my printed email slip, mumbled about refunding my money via gift card, (which was NOT going to happen since I had the receipt!). She was able to process my refund and I left the store. While I walked to my car I noticed that the refund receipt was for only $19.16. I knew that this was the incorrect amount but since it was cold out and I had my two young children with me I planned on returning in a day or two for correction of my refund. When I got home I got to thinking that I payed quite a bit more via paypal for the item, so I printed up all my emails in regards to this purchase and called the store. I spoke with some manager who told me to retunr to the store with my emails and he would look at it. So I loaded the kids back into care drove back to store, had to tell story to customer service rep before she would get the manager. Manager arrives, I show him emails with the 1st one stating total was $24.06, paypal was charged $24.06, second email stated total was $23.88, 3rd email stated total was $21.59 and my refund receipt showing cashier only refunded me $19.16. He acted like I was trying to cheat the company by commenting after looking at all the emails that the $21.59 sounded more like the total. Which pissed me off, seeing that i had the email from paypal showing I was charged $24.06 for item. I then had to go back out to the car for my license and wait while he refunds my card $5.29. No apologies for their massive screw up, no apologies for trying to cheat me out of my $5, no apologies or explanation as to why 3 different emails showed 3 different totals and no apologies for cashier giving me wrong refund amount. No apologies for the huge waste of my time and gas on this, let alone the long wait that i had to endure when waiting for the pick up of original item after receiving order is ready email. Totally disgusted with the poor shoddy customer service at Toys R Us. No where else was I ever treated so poorly. Other stores, when I have had issues with something (which was simple issues with wrong items being sent to me etc and was not cheated on my refund due to me) they bent over backwards to make me happy with a sincere apologies and a small gift card for my troubles with promises that my issue would be passed on to higher authority. Not at Toys R Us! They do not care!"

modified review This review was modified by lostinny2003 on November 29 2014 03:31:37 PM

"worst customer service ever I should have ordered from Walmart. I was trying to get a tablet repaired or replaced they kept transferring me to everywhere else just to get me off the phone then after three days somebody that barely knows what he is doing tells me it was going to take 3 weeks before claim could be reviewed and processed I don't understand they are rediculous"

modified review This review was modified by jimmy85 on November 26 2014 05:41:42 PM

"DO NOT MAKETOYS R US YOUR HOLIDAY SHOPPING DESTINATION! CHECK TARGET AND WALMART PRINCING AND COMPARE. NOT ONLY TOYS R US IS EXPENSIVE, THEY HAVE THE WORST RETURN POLICY AND EMPLOYEES. THEY MIGHT HAVEEGOOD PEOPLE WORKING FOR THEM BUT WITH VERY BAD TRAINING. TOYS R US IS ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT PROFIT AND HOW TO COLLECT AND SELL YOUR INFORMATION. DO NOT BE SURPRISED IF THEY REFUSE TO TAKE A RETURN WITH THE RECIPT, UNOPENED PACKAGE THE WITHIN A DAY. NOT EVEN AN EXCEPTION ITEM. THIS PRACTICE IS WIDELY AVAILABLE AT TOYS R US SO THEY KEEP RETURN RATE DOWN. I WILL POST MORE ABOUT MY RECENT EXPERIENCE AFTER FILING A COMPALINT WITH STATE OF NJ."

Toys 'R' Us is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Toys 'R' Us is not a merchant member
Toys 'R' Us does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!