Product & services pricing Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10

"I ordered three Lego sets via www.toysrus.com and I received everything after a few days.
They sent me the stuff in two different parcels, the first arrived in Italy after 5 business days, the second after 7 business days. Delivery times are impressive, considering that the stuff was shipped from the USA.
All toys were well protected and arrived intact, without any damage.
Prices were much lower than in Italy. I saved a lot even if shipment costs to Italy are high.
The only flaw was that they gave me a wrong tracking number, but I solved the issue by writing to their customer service, that answered me quickly and clearly.
I will surely buy again from this website.

"Poor management - ToysRus Oxford, Botley Road.
I bought a Spiderman toy for my son. He didn't like it so took it back. But the shop wouldn't take it because I had opened the packaging. It was a plastic toy and opening the packaging didn't cause any harm to the product. But they won't take it back because it is 'company policy'. Can they give this to me in writing? (this happened sometime around Christmas 2013)

I visited them today (10:30 am 24th May 2014) to pick up a toy for my Son's friend's birthday party. I found a toy for the party and on the way to the till found a V-tech toy for £6.96. My son asked if he could have it. Since it was under £10 I said yes. At the till, this product was billed as £22.99. I told the staff member that it displayed a different cost on the shelf. A staff member and then a manager came with me to check the price. They then identified that the product was displayed at a wrong location. The manager said in a stern voice that "some one had shoved these here and I can't do anything about it". There were four items of this toy displayed and the actual product that was marked at £6.96 couldn't be identified. Hence it was clear that it wasn't misplaced by any customer. It was surely a mistake by the store's staff members. A simple apology would have been enough. It is difficult to say no after saying yes to a child. While I have to manage my little son, a rude reply by the manager was the last thing I wanted to hear. Anyways - I have to learn to live with hopeless management. I enjoy buying stuff from shops and not online, mainly because of the experience. I probably have to move to online places like amazon. Stores should invest in proper managers else they will soon loose to online shops.

"This is my second issue with Toys R Us in less than two months.
First time, I ordered online and everything went smoothly. Until the package arrived. The side was completely smashed in, a huge rip along the edge of the packaging. I thought, "ok, this is the fault of UPS, I'm sure its not damaged inside."
WRONG! The toy (a gift, of course) was not bubble-wrapped or protected in anyway. Just a toy carelessly thrown inside of a cardboard box. Of course the toy was smashed and broken. I used "chat online" on their site and was instructed to call. I called. They told me to go in store. I said okay this getting ridiculous, but I went to the store. There, they then gave me grief about exchanging the broken item. I understood (sort of) because it was mostly the deliverer's fault. However, they didn't protect the toy INSIDE of the box, so they were also at fault. I wasn't too angry, just hassled.
Next, my child received a gift card as a birthday gift. Together, we shopped online and picked a few things out. The shipping cost caused the amount to exceed the amount on the gift card, so I applied my CC to cover the rest (a few bucks).
However, when I submitted the order, it took the money off the gift card but DID NOT complete the order!! This sometimes happens, so I waited a few minutes and checked the balance (which had $$ on it a few minutes prior). NOTHING. ZERO. ZIP. My child was heart broken because of this confusing mess.
The order was not complete, my CC was not charged, but yet the gift card went from X amount of dollars to 0 dollars. Magically disappeared. (I had checked the balance before ordering, so I knew exactly how much was on the GC)
So I again used "chat online" hoping it would be a quick fix. They AGAIN directed me to call customer service. I did. They were rude and quick to get me off the phone, instructing me to wait "24 hours" and the money would be back on the card. I was annoyed, but I agreed. (this has NEVER happened with any other cards on any other website/store, if the order doesn't go through, the $$ stays on the card)
24 hrs came and went. ZERO dollars back on the card. I called customer service AGAIN. They said "sometimes it can take up to 48 hours" ... Now I was even more annoyed. They seemed to be skirting the issue and trying to leave me high and dry with no gift card balance.
I wrote down the case number,who I spoke with, and gave them all my info etc.
Waited another 24 hours.
A total of 48 hours had passed and NO balance back on the card.
So I call AGAIN. Now I'm livid, they asked for my case number (which they looked up and then said DID NOT EXIST - they had a record that I called, but didn't have the gift card # on file and no info besides my name and when I called)
Finally, customer service said I need to fax them a copy of the receipt proving the card was purchased in the first place. My blood is now boiling. They didn't inform me of this 48 hours again. WHY? Because they were just trying to continuously pass me off to the next person and the next person, until I presumably gave up.
I said, "this was a gift! How can I expect the buyer to still have the receipt after all this time? I then would have to get the receipt from them, if they have it, find a fax machine and FAX IT TO YOU? Why was I not informed of this policy FORTY EIGHT HOURS AGO?! The balance was on the card 48 hours ago, which you acknowledged because you could see the amount was X dollars and now its 0 dollars with NO PURCHASES MADE." They repeatedly said I needed to fax a copy of the purchase receipt. Which I knew would just be another "wait 24 to 48 hours" situation and still nothing would be done.
I demanded to speak the supervisor, I was completely disgusted with this BS situation.I could see why I would need a receipt if they had no record of the gift card existing, but they knew what the balance had been, before I even told them. They saw that it went from X dollars to 0 dollars without any purchases made on the gift card. They knew it was their error and were refusing to acknowledge it.
They tried again to explain about the receipt and I repeated that I needed to speak to a supervisor. This went on for far too long and I refused to hang up with them AGAIN until this was solved.
Finally, after being on hold for over 30 minutes, I spoke to the supposed supervisor who promptly put the money back on the card. It was so quickly back on the card, I wondered the HELL it took so long to see a simple result.
I will NEVER buy from this store again. After dealing with the crappy, rude customer service and lack of care in handling matters that should have taken less than 1 hour... I will NEVER step foot in another Toys R Us/Babies R Us ever again.
Have a registry or wishlist with them? No thanks, I will buy your gifts elsewhere. I've never had so much trouble with a company in my life. I have used plenty of gift cards on plenty of websites, sometimes errors happen while placing an order. But the balance to remain $0 for over 48 hours, while the customer service acknowledges that it was their fault but refuses to do anything about it? Now that's an all time low.

modified review This review was modified by NormalRockman on March 27 2014 10:10:06 AM

"No problems with shipping or the product in general, but horrible customer service! After I bought a doll for my niece, I saw the same thing for $20 cheaper on Amazon. I tried to get a price adjustment as they promise in their policy, and was denied (by a very disrespectful representative!!)"

"*Update - Store honored the free item since they did in fact have them in stock. So I bumped up some of the stars. Glad to see there are some good people there doing the right thing.

Ordered a Minecraft Figure with Free Chest. Both were in stock and available for pickup. Submitted order. Received email back showing only figure (no mention of chest). Called 800# and she said it was not in stock to begin with..
*Horrible Trash Garbage company. Online said it was never in stock and pulled out of my order. I said it was in stock when I submitted it. Online said, well it really was not. Online wont let me cancel order, I have to call store for that. They charged my account and have to wait 7-10 business days for a refund.
I informed rep that I want to file a complaint which online took down:
1) Bait and Switch
2) Advertising products not in stock
3) Not able to cancel orders online (must call store)
4) Must wait 7-10 business days for refund.
Stay far away from Toys R US. Used to be the best about 20 years ago. Now one of the worst companies out there.

modified review This review was modified by todd72173 on February 02 2014 11:30:11 AM

"Very disappointed in Toys R Us. Ordered a Nerf gun through the company website that included a special promotion offer of a free dart refill pack. That additional refill pack was the reason I ordered from ToysRUs, versus another online retailer. When I received the order, the refill pack was not included. I was very disappointed, as was my daughter! I called and spoke to a rep and the manager, however they refused to honor the promotion. Such a shame to lose a customer over a $6 item."

modified review This review was modified by Xcitbl on December 30 2013 10:33:42 AM

"Worst packing I have ever seen. Ordered an Xbox One. It was shipped in a box that could have fit 4 consoles and the only protection/packing material in the box was a copy of the purchase order! The console was over $600 and they couldn't even throw in a strip of bubble wrap?!? Called Toys R Abused and was informed they didn't have anymore consoles and I would have to see if it works first. It was a Christmas present to my son. Never shop online from these clowns again!"

modified review This review was modified by dpeed2003 on December 20 2013 08:55:20 AM

"Tried to order a Little Tikes truck on cyber Monday on sale for $59.99. This was an online sale only. At 9:00 am it was sold out so I opted to be notified when it came back in stock as this was the only option available. Two days later they had them in stock but now for $99.99. They refused to honor the sale price. Obviously a bait and switch. I will never give them any of my business in the future"

modified review This review was modified by ThorCornell on December 07 2013 04:35:44 PM

"Toys "R" Us decided to raise the price of an item by $50 dollars! I printed the item off of my wish list. Came back the next day to purchase online and they raised the price AND WILL NOT HONOR THE PRICE FROM THE DAY BEFORE! How do they expect people to buy Christmas presents for their children by raising the prices that dramatically!!!"

modified review This review was modified by quiksilverqt85 on November 27 2013 06:35:11 AM

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"10/16/2013
Ordered an Apple USB Cable using Free ShopRunner shipping so it got to me in 2 days. No problems whatsoever. I haven't handled their customer service end so I don't know how it's like.

1/25/2014
Ordered an item for pickup. It was ready the same day and they remind you in a lot of places of the website and email that it will only be available for pickup for 5 days only. That's a good thing to know. After I arrived at the store, I picked it up with no problems at all.

modified review This review was modified by zeta on February 09 2014 04:35:52 PM

"Horrible customer service. Bought a carseat at a mall location but the box wouldn't fit in car so staff person advised us to take it out of box and told us that we would still
Be able to return it if there was any issue, as long as we kept receipt. Well the carseat turned out to be too flimsy so we decided to return it the next day. Called in advance to confirm that the "no box issue"
Wouldn't be a problem, they assured us it was fine. We get there and they said that the warranty card is missing and they can't return item, they said its usually attaché to the straps but if not its in box. The guy who helped us load carseat explains to the manager that box was completely empty and there was no warranty slip in box or stapled to seat. Manager is a complete moron and keeps saying as soon as you open a box liability is on the customer...we said she should explain to her staff
Not to advise customers to dispose of packaging if they have such stringent return policies. Eventually they find box in back of store and allow us to return it but I highly doubt there was any warranty card in the box to begin with. Don't buy expensive items here, such a nuisance to deal
With them. Staff know jack shit, horrible customer service

modified review This review was modified by Genniferpooj on August 05 2013 02:11:10 PM

"worst packing ever!! I ordered a collectible toy from toysrus, they shipped it without any side bubble or forms protection, just the toy in a regular box, the box was crushed on the side during shipping and my toy box is crushed on the side on arrival."

modified review This review was modified by ckm423 on July 27 2013 08:35:59 AM

"This store is very very terrible. I placed an order online as a gift, after 27 days, this order has not been shipped out yet. I called 3 times and their answer is still they will investigate this. They tried all methods to delay the resolution so they can cancel the order in 30 days. "

modified review This review was modified by ratetoimprove on June 02 2013 06:18:57 PM

"I have to agree with the majority’s opinion on customer service and return policies, they are both really poor. I placed an order for a board game which I needed in time for a birthday. On their site the game was available so I placed my order. Then 5 days later I received an e-mail saying that in opposition to the information I got online the board game I wanted was NOT in store…so now I was sat there with the birthday only 4 days away and no present. I then decided to buy it from Amazon instead. It was a bit more expensive but with express delivery I got it in time. After reading these bad reviews, don’t think I will bother buying on toysrus.com again…"

"We were in Toys R Us and in every aisle they advertised a free Lego item with a minimum Lego purchase. We asked where we could find the free item and was given an evasive answer by a store employee. At the check-out we asked for the free item and were told this was out of stock, and they would make no substitutions or other remedy. We inquired why they were advertising this offer all over the store if they could not fulfill the promise and they replied: "the small print warns that quantities are limited." Zero quantity seems like a stretch to make a promise based on limited quantities. We suggested that they take down the signs and they refused. Apparently they believe misleading their customers is a profitable business practice. Where are the class action lawyers when you need them?"

Toys 'R' Us is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Toys 'R' Us is not a merchant member
Toys 'R' Us does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!