Stores > Toys 'R' Us

Customer service: Rating 0.91/10 0.91/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

2016-04-21

Ridiculously Slow Shipping

"I placed an order online April 10, 2016 for a stroller, to be shipped to Toys R Us. The status took 3 Days to advise "Order Processing". It also said that item was located in stock to be shipped to store. It is April 22 and no email advising it has been shipped or if its ready for pickup. I called the store and they don't have it. 12 days later, the status of my order is showing "Order Received"! Really?? If it says its in stock why does it take the maximum number of days to be shipped to the store and just 1 item? Not to my house! Will never order from them again. I have already turned 3 people away from ordering from them and I will continue to do so."

This review was modified by Twiceblessed on April 21 2016 10:15:04 PM

2016-04-05

Bad Customer Representatives and Service!-

"I placed an order online and was given an incorrect address from my sister. So I called immediately shortly after I placed the order online. As I was speaking with the first two representatives to have the address changed or cancel my order, they told me oh well, too bad, it's already being processed for shipping so I have to call FedEx myself to have it returned. They WOULDN'T do anything to help me! Instead, they kept saying we'll send this complaint to the back office and they might not even cancel it. Then, today, I get an email that my order Jas been shipped!!! So not only did they charged my account and NOT refunded me, they went ahead and shipped out my package. Then, when I called back they tell me that there's nothing we can do about that. You're going to have to call FedEx yourself and cancel the shipment and until then, we're not refunding you! Not only do they keep our money and see frauds, they don't care about doing everything they can to help us paying customers who help make their paychecks! They don't care so long they have our money. They kept telling me, oh I completely understand your frustration. NO THEY DON'T! I told them unless you are actually in my shoes and have to deal with your bad customer service and representatives, you have no rights to say you completely understand. And if they actually cared for their customers, they would do everything to refund my money and cancel the shipment when I, as the paying customer, called to cancel it.
They didn't do anything to help. They don't care because they have our money and even though they're the incompetent ones and should listen to we paying customers, so long they get their money, that's all that matters. No, help. Just left a frequent high paying customer IRATE, FRUSTRATED, AND DISAPPOINTED IN THEM AND THEIR SERVICES. Grant it, we purchased over $500 plus at ToysRUs abd couldn't even do one simple thing to help us. How sad. What ashame. I called Carter's/Oshkosh to cancel my order because of the same reasons shortly after I was mistreated by ToysRUs representatives, and you know what???? They were kind and cancelled my order immediately unlike ToysRUs who just wanted my money and cared less about doing everything they could to cancel my orders. And sadly, I had called within minutes of placing that order and even as I was on the phone with them, that's when they sent me the order confirmation!!! So there is no way, they couldn't cancel my order and they wouldn't refund my money! What ashame to know how bad their representatives are and how bad their services are. They didn't even give me the discount offer as they promised for their inconvenience! Aren't the customers who make the purchases be respected and our complaints taken seriously, especially when we asked them to cancel and refund our orders but they tell you there's nothing they can do and you call FedEx yourself! That's precisely why I specifically called within minutes of placing that order just so t they wouldn't ship it out!!! Then, they didn't do anything to help but mocked me. They wouldn't even take fault for their negligence. How sad and unjust we customers get treated. I'm so glad Carter's and Oshkosh and Target have better representatives. I had to order from them and spent a good amount of money just so my niece can receive her birthday presents in time and at the right address.
What ashame to wasted my time and money on ToysRUs only to be mistreated, left more irate, and wouldn't get refunded.

This review was modified by evepvitug on April 05 2016 03:55:03 PM

2015-12-29

"I ordered a bicycle online when I received it, it was missing a piece. So I called the company and they said that I had to send back the bike and they would send me a new one. They expected us to have kept the box. When I asked if they would provide a box they said no that I would have to buy one. They also said it would take 24 to 48 hours for me to get the return label. It took me calling them 2 times to get the label. When we got the new bike we took it up to the store to see if they could put it together and the cashier asked "what do you want?" we told her she called the manager and they said it would be ready on Sunday. We said no thank you because it only takes a few minutes to put together. Every time I buy something from Toys R Us I have had issues with the product."

2015-12-18

"Ordered a Duncan metal yoyo for a Christmas present on the 13th - plenty of time to get for a Christmas present. Got an email that it was shipped on the 14th. Today is the 18th and there is no tracking information. I have been on hold waiting for a live person for an hour, there is no chat nor email options - and I can tell already that noone is there to answer the phones. So so unhappy, this was a very special present for a very special person :( Here is the email tracking information they sent me on Dec 14, 2015: http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?action=track&language=english&cntry%5Fcode=us&initial=x&tracknumbers=9200190135711717766502"

2015-12-17

"I purchased a toy on the 8th of December. The normal price was $42, but there was a sign advertising it for $30. When I got home, I checked my receipt and noticed I was charged the regular price. I called the store and they said I could bring my receipt in to get the difference refunded.
I came in today to get the refund and I was told that I could not have it refunded because the sale ended on the 6th. When I said the sign was still up that advertised it at the lower price, one of the employees (a man with a beard) said in a really snotty tone, "You can't prove it," like he just foiled my master plan to steal twelve dollars. They refused to give me my refund.
I have been shopping here for years, but I will take my business elsewhere from now on.

This review was modified by Mikamika on December 17 2015 07:45:07 PM

2015-12-16

"Their support call center leaves a lot to be desired. I placed an order on 12/6/2015. Part of the order shipped on 12/8, and I received a ship notification for the other part on 12/14. Never was I notified that there would be a delay.

Problem Part 2: the second part of the order actually never shipped. There is no activity on the tracking number. After spending nearly an hour on hold, I was told that someone would get back to me in 3 to 5 business days. Their agent wasn't even sorry and said there was no way for me to speak to someone above the low level support staff.

Thanks for wrecking a Christmas gift and not even seeming to care!

This review was modified by stackedkitchen on December 16 2015 12:49:19 PM

2015-12-15

"Box arrived with no cushion packaging inside so my items were left to crash into each other. It took 1 hour and 44 minutes on the phone trying to get a replacement and some reasonable explanation for the lack of safety precaution for the Robot I ordered. It was exhausting phone wait time which resulted in canned answers and more frustration.

My time is valuable, I will never get it back. A supervisor finally offered me a $10 online credit. That would mean I'd have to spend an additional $25 to qualify for "free" shipping. "Free shipping" just cost me near 2 hours of my life filled with frustration. Offer refused. What a racket!

This review was modified by SleeplessInDetroit on December 15 2015 09:21:23 PM

2015-12-15

"Agree with what others of said...ToysRUs is not built (or capable) of handling online orders. Stick to Amazon people! I've ordered online from pretty much all the biggies - Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc. and my experience with ToysRUs online has been the worst. First time ordering online from them as I usually will just go to the store, but with a 7 month old and 3 year old at home, online shopping has been the easier way to go. Anyways, I ordered 11/30/15 - 5 items in total. First package (shipped in 2 packages) I received quickly on 12/3/15 - however, I only receive 2/3 items even though the shipping notification and package receipt said all 3 were shipped and they charged me for all 3. The other package with the other 2 items I still have not received and have been literally an hour and half away from me since 12/10/15 seemingly stuck at a FedEx location.

I've never seen this kind of delay with FedEx or the lack of notifications....so I'm not sure if this is a problem on ToysRUs' part or with FedEx, but will follow up with FedEx. IThough I'm inclined to think somehow it has been held up because of some kind of issue with ToysRUs since I've never had a package lost or delayed from either FedEx or UPS....they are usually very quick compared to USPS.

I called and spoke with a Customer Service rep and he was very nice and helpful, he cancelled the order and processed the refund for the item I never received in the first package and said to call back or check with FedEx if I still don't receive the second package by the end of the week. What an ordeal! You would think in the year 2015 they would have online shopping process down by now, but I suppose they are behind the curve. Needless to say I will stick to my Amazon Prime for online orders in the future even if I have to pay an extra couple of bucks.

2015-12-09

"I placed my order over a week ago & it still hasn't shipped and now the product I ordered is out of stock! I understand with it being the holiday's things would run a little slower, but over a week to ship?!?! This is my first time ordering online from toys or us, I really hope in not SOL. "

2015-12-06

"I order a game for black Friday online. They email me five days later saying it's out of stock. Now it's black friday u should not over sell any items. I checked online the day they canceled my order, how come they had the product up there but for the original price. I called customer service to see y I didn't get my order if they still had the product online, she going to say oh our system is not up to date. Really if I was to purchase it now for the original price they will ship it out asap. Toy r us will no longer get my business. "

This review was modified by holliday9 on December 06 2015 10:36:56 AM

2015-12-06

"great transaction. received everything I ordered quicker than expected. All my products were packed nicely. great chat customer service as well"

2015-12-03

"I will never shop at this store again online for black Friday. They will cancel your order 8 days later and wont even try to offer you something at equal value. Even though, you only get Black Friday once a year. I have a 19 month old baby and toys r us is normal the store they get there birthdays and Christmas from. they cost me more money then help me save any and because of that they have lost my business forever. I'm just glade I did not get everything from there. matter fact I will be taking everything back I did get which was little stuff because they are bad business. then I stay on the phone for two hours the rep never drop the call. but less then five minutes with a supervisor name Kathy on the line the call hangs up very suspect. trust me if you are reading this think twice before shopping on-line when they have deals because they will cancel and notify you 8 days later. This tells me they don't know how to handle there stock. They over sale more then they have. In 2015 they don't even have a program set up to sell what they have in stock. blind shopping, you will never know if you will get the product or not. o yeah they have 20 in stock in the warehouse in my city and they told me to go in the store and see if they will honor that price.... WOW Less well learned. ?#?Bantoysrus?

I called back and spoke with Cynthia, explained to her that situation again. she was not able to help me she spoke with the same supervisor that hung up on me. I asked her if it was Kathy, she said no her name is Kayala or Kayla. they play to many games thye lie about there names and hang up on customers. Boy i swear with out a doubt they lost my business for life. #BanToyRUs4Life.

2015-12-03

"I will never shop there again. I ordered lego item. Was in stock in store and online, but only 5 days later got cancel order email. You wonder why as big as Toys R us don't have inventory checking system. I also used my rewards and they can only reinstate it for 14 days. I know I don't buy from them often, but I don't want to do it at all. Called CS and they offered 20% off instead of $20 off in the original item. I had similar things at Target, but they made sure I would come back by giving me 50% on higher priced item."

2015-11-27

"I ordered a toy for Christmas for my Grandson for in-store pickup (no shipping available). When I arrived I was given a bag and left the store. When I got to my car, I found they had substituted another item without telling me. I immediately went back in and was told that they were not doing returns that day (even though they had substituted the item. The woman would not help, eventually sent me away...i had a girls toy for a 4 year old boy. I came back and asked for a manager who explained that my internet order had come in and they had sold the in stock item I had reserved. They finally offered to let me pick something else. I picked something $5 more expensive which was fine with the manager. The woman up front again said "no returns" and then when overridden by the manager said this is more expensive. She was again overridden. In the end I ended up with something I really didn't want but had paid by debit card and they were unwilling to just refund the transaction."

2015-08-31

"I had a horrible experience with Toy'R'Us/Baby'R'Us. I had put an order in for a baby shower I was attending off their registered list. I order the items on Monday before 12 pm. I requested expedited shipping to make sure I would have it by Friday based off their website shipping guidelines. I even did the chat with a customer service rep to make sure I would have them on Friday. The items were not over size or any special issue. On Tuesday, when I had not seen anything on shipping, I did online chat. I talk to a rep who said that it was in the stages to ship but had not yet and since it was second day to give it that day. So I did that and waited till Wednesday. Still nothing, I called this time and spoke to a customer service person and he told me he could not do anything for me. It was still in the to be shipping phase. I was not happy at all. So I waited to see if it shipped Wednesday night. Nothing. So I called and spoke to a Sonya at customer service. She was very nice but also could do absolutely nothing for me except tell me she put in a rush for the shipment and hoped it shipped but if it was not on time, they would refund my shipping. So come Friday, it finally shipped out. It is set to arrive tomorrow, Tuesday. Way passed the baby shower I had on Sat. I called back to Toyrus this morning and they now tell me they were in shipping guidelines even though that is not accurate and I requested 2nd day. They will not refund my money. This is horrible customer service. They messed up completely and won't even take accountability. It is truly sad. "

This review was modified by Ebutes41 on August 31 2015 07:23:58 AM

Share Toys 'R' Us's store rating

Toys 'R' Us is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Toys 'R' Us is not a merchant member
Toys 'R' Us does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!