Toys 'R' Us Reviews - toysrus.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.83/10 89 reviews

Toys 'R' Us is not a merchant member
Toys 'R' Us does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"This is my second issue with Toys R Us in less than two months.
First time, I ordered online and everything went smoothly. Until the package arrived. The side was completely smashed in, a huge rip along the edge of the packaging. I thought, "ok, this is the fault of UPS, I'm sure its not damaged inside."
WRONG! The toy (a gift, of course) was not bubble-wrapped or protected in anyway. Just a toy carelessly thrown inside of a cardboard box. Of course the toy was smashed and broken. I used "chat online" on their site and was instructed to call. I called. They told me to go in store. I said okay this getting ridiculous, but I went to the store. There, they then gave me grief about exchanging the broken item. I understood (sort of) because it was mostly the deliverer's fault. However, they didn't protect the toy INSIDE of the box, so they were also at fault. I wasn't too angry, just hassled.
Next, my child received a gift card as a birthday gift. Together, we shopped online and picked a few things out. The shipping cost caused the amount to exceed the amount on the gift card, so I applied my CC to cover the rest (a few bucks).
However, when I submitted the order, it took the money off the gift card but DID NOT complete the order!! This sometimes happens, so I waited a few minutes and checked the balance (which had $$ on it a few minutes prior). NOTHING. ZERO. ZIP. My child was heart broken because of this confusing mess.
The order was not complete, my CC was not charged, but yet the gift card went from X amount of dollars to 0 dollars. Magically disappeared. (I had checked the balance before ordering, so I knew exactly how much was on the GC)
So I again used "chat online" hoping it would be a quick fix. They AGAIN directed me to call customer service. I did. They were rude and quick to get me off the phone, instructing me to wait "24 hours" and the money would be back on the card. I was annoyed, but I agreed. (this has NEVER happened with any other cards on any other website/store, if the order doesn't go through, the $$ stays on the card)
24 hrs came and went. ZERO dollars back on the card. I called customer service AGAIN. They said "sometimes it can take up to 48 hours" ... Now I was even more annoyed. They seemed to be skirting the issue and trying to leave me high and dry with no gift card balance.
I wrote down the case number,who I spoke with, and gave them all my info etc.
Waited another 24 hours.
A total of 48 hours had passed and NO balance back on the card.
So I call AGAIN. Now I'm livid, they asked for my case number (which they looked up and then said DID NOT EXIST - they had a record that I called, but didn't have the gift card # on file and no info besides my name and when I called)
Finally, customer service said I need to fax them a copy of the receipt proving the card was purchased in the first place. My blood is now boiling. They didn't inform me of this 48 hours again. WHY? Because they were just trying to continuously pass me off to the next person and the next person, until I presumably gave up.
I said, "this was a gift! How can I expect the buyer to still have the receipt after all this time? I then would have to get the receipt from them, if they have it, find a fax machine and FAX IT TO YOU? Why was I not informed of this policy FORTY EIGHT HOURS AGO?! The balance was on the card 48 hours ago, which you acknowledged because you could see the amount was X dollars and now its 0 dollars with NO PURCHASES MADE." They repeatedly said I needed to fax a copy of the purchase receipt. Which I knew would just be another "wait 24 to 48 hours" situation and still nothing would be done.
I demanded to speak the supervisor, I was completely disgusted with this BS situation.I could see why I would need a receipt if they had no record of the gift card existing, but they knew what the balance had been, before I even told them. They saw that it went from X dollars to 0 dollars without any purchases made on the gift card. They knew it was their error and were refusing to acknowledge it.
They tried again to explain about the receipt and I repeated that I needed to speak to a supervisor. This went on for far too long and I refused to hang up with them AGAIN until this was solved.
Finally, after being on hold for over 30 minutes, I spoke to the supposed supervisor who promptly put the money back on the card. It was so quickly back on the card, I wondered the HELL it took so long to see a simple result.
I will NEVER buy from this store again. After dealing with the crappy, rude customer service and lack of care in handling matters that should have taken less than 1 hour... I will NEVER step foot in another Toys R Us/Babies R Us ever again.
Have a registry or wishlist with them? No thanks, I will buy your gifts elsewhere. I've never had so much trouble with a company in my life. I have used plenty of gift cards on plenty of websites, sometimes errors happen while placing an order. But the balance to remain $0 for over 48 hours, while the customer service acknowledges that it was their fault but refuses to do anything about it? Now that's an all time low.

modified review This review was modified by NormalRockman on March 27 2014 10:10:06 AM

Rating 4/102/5

"No problems with shipping or the product in general, but horrible customer service! After I bought a doll for my niece, I saw the same thing for $20 cheaper on Amazon. I tried to get a price adjustment as they promise in their policy, and was denied (by a very disrespectful representative!!)"

"Very disappointed in Toys R Us. Ordered a Nerf gun through the company website that included a special promotion offer of a free dart refill pack. That additional refill pack was the reason I ordered from ToysRUs, versus another online retailer. When I received the order, the refill pack was not included. I was very disappointed, as was my daughter! I called and spoke to a rep and the manager, however they refused to honor the promotion. Such a shame to lose a customer over a $6 item."

modified review This review was modified by Xcitbl on December 30 2013 10:33:42 AM

"Worst packing I have ever seen. Ordered an Xbox One. It was shipped in a box that could have fit 4 consoles and the only protection/packing material in the box was a copy of the purchase order! The console was over $600 and they couldn't even throw in a strip of bubble wrap?!? Called Toys R Abused and was informed they didn't have anymore consoles and I would have to see if it works first. It was a Christmas present to my son. Never shop online from these clowns again!"

modified review This review was modified by dpeed2003 on December 20 2013 08:55:20 AM

"Tried to order a Little Tikes truck on cyber Monday on sale for $59.99. This was an online sale only. At 9:00 am it was sold out so I opted to be notified when it came back in stock as this was the only option available. Two days later they had them in stock but now for $99.99. They refused to honor the sale price. Obviously a bait and switch. I will never give them any of my business in the future"

modified review This review was modified by ThorCornell on December 07 2013 04:35:44 PM

"Toys "R" Us decided to raise the price of an item by $50 dollars! I printed the item off of my wish list. Came back the next day to purchase online and they raised the price AND WILL NOT HONOR THE PRICE FROM THE DAY BEFORE! How do they expect people to buy Christmas presents for their children by raising the prices that dramatically!!!"

modified review This review was modified by quiksilverqt85 on November 27 2013 06:35:11 AM
zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"10/16/2013
Ordered an Apple USB Cable using Free ShopRunner shipping so it got to me in 2 days. No problems whatsoever. I haven't handled their customer service end so I don't know how it's like.

1/25/2014
Ordered an item for pickup. It was ready the same day and they remind you in a lot of places of the website and email that it will only be available for pickup for 5 days only. That's a good thing to know. After I arrived at the store, I picked it up with no problems at all.

modified review This review was modified by zeta on February 09 2014 04:35:52 PM

"worst packing ever!! I ordered a collectible toy from toysrus, they shipped it without any side bubble or forms protection, just the toy in a regular box, the box was crushed on the side during shipping and my toy box is crushed on the side on arrival."

modified review This review was modified by ckm423 on July 27 2013 08:35:59 AM

"This store is very very terrible. I placed an order online as a gift, after 27 days, this order has not been shipped out yet. I called 3 times and their answer is still they will investigate this. They tried all methods to delay the resolution so they can cancel the order in 30 days. "

modified review This review was modified by ratetoimprove on June 02 2013 06:18:57 PM

"Here comes another complain about Toys 'R' Us.
I bought crystal clear sure sound monitor as a present which was defected. I got it a month ago and I am still dealing with customer service. I have been told that I will get a new one in two weeks a month ago. I am still waiting and nothing arrived. Not even an email.

"I have to agree with the majority’s opinion on customer service and return policies, they are both really poor. I placed an order for a board game which I needed in time for a birthday. On their site the game was available so I placed my order. Then 5 days later I received an e-mail saying that in opposition to the information I got online the board game I wanted was NOT in store…so now I was sat there with the birthday only 4 days away and no present. I then decided to buy it from Amazon instead. It was a bit more expensive but with express delivery I got it in time. After reading these bad reviews, don’t think I will bother buying on toysrus.com again…"

"I ordered a PS3 bundle for my son for christmas on 12-12-12 today is 1-24-13 Toys R us has had my money for over a month now! They say my item is back ordered they don't know when they will receive it to ship to me! I've wasted time and money driving to Toys R us calling and had to purchase other presents for under the tree to compensate for a gift that I never recieved from Toys R us! They would sue me or send me to jail if I stole from them well what do you call what you've done to me and my son? They will not send me a comparable item they say that's not their policy! You need to review your policy you're a major corporation and you do not care about your customers! I will never spend one more penny at Toys R Us or Babies R Us again!!!!"

"Worst Customer Service ever.......My daughter got a 199.99 imaginariam dollhouse from toys r us for her birthday, after spending 2 1/2 hours putting it together (Lousy Directions) pieces were broken and/or missing. I called the only number I could find. The person took my info said it would be a few weeks but someone would get back to me. I missed the call and was left a number to call back. I called within the hours stated was put on auto "perpetual" hold for about 40 minutes then I hung up because the open hours had passed at that point. Next afternoon I spent another 40 minutes on auto "perpetual" hold again to have a recording come on and say "there are no agents available" and get disconnected. What kind of crap service it that. I will no longer be shopping at Toys R Us I can assure you that and it's a shame because I have a lot of children in my life but I can get toys elsewhere closer to home that actually have customer service. Because the item in question is so large and it took alot of time to put together I was not going to take apart to return for a new one. Instead after the holidays I will toss it in my truck as is, return it for cash back and promptly go to elsewhere for their similar item. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED, not that they care."

"Their web site is a waste of time. I had to work hard to find a store where the sale item was in stock, struggling through the ordering process because it was running slowly and finding stores and in-stock locations was tedious. Finally, I found one, and gratefully ordered it. Got the usual "wait for the completion email before coming to the store." Instead, I got a cancellation notice. Huh? And I wasted so much time, and lost the chance to buy it elsewhere on sale? This is NOT the first time that has happened. Why do they bother advertising products they can't/won't sell? Why not just tell customers: "sorry, we have no idea what we have in stock, our staff is indifferent, and it's no skin off our back if you waste your time." This has order/cancel sequence has happened to me before, so I generally avoid shopping at Toys R Us."

"I ordered a Playstation 3 which was listed on the website as "in stock". It was supposed to be a Christmas present, so I wanted to get it before Christmas. I ordered it on on 12/12, so I figured that would be plenty of time. They estimated it would arrive on 12/19. I checked the tracking information 12/18, and found out the item is actually back-ordered. They didn't notify me to let me know this item was in fact NOT "in stock". I had to cancel the order and ordered from Amazon for a higher price. But at least I know I'll get it by Christmas! Very disappointed with Toys R Us."