• Rating 4.33/10 138 reviews

Top Choice Digital (aka: Broadway Photo) is not a merchant member
    Top Choice Digital (aka: Broadway Photo) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Top Choice Digital (aka: Broadway Photo) contact information

"The electronics sold on this website are border line black market products. They are "asian" market items, that are not legal to be sold in the USA. You can get a really good deal on items from this store, but you void all manufacturers warranty. The warranty they sell you is crap. I was sold a legitimate working piece of equipment, but if you have any problems...You are stuck!"

modified review This review was modified by zappo8 on June 21 2010 07:38:30 AM

"I purchased an HD video camera with accessories (case, extra battery, etc.). Top Choice Digital had the best price around, so I proceeded to order. After I had placed my order, there were many hidden fees that were applied after the fact (that did not show up on my web order), but still, the price was comperable, so I kept the order. I received MOST of my order very quickly. The extra upgraded battery I ordered was missing. After numerous phone calls and e-mails, I received the battery over a month later, except it was not my upgraded one, but a standard battery. Instead of calling, hoping they decide to be open that day, waiting on hold for 30 minutes and getting the typical run around, I decided to eat the loss and post a few reviews so others don't make the same mistake I did."

"I placed an order for a Sony Lens. I was a little anxious as I read the previous bad reviews on this company. The lens for about $200 less than on the other websites. On the follow-up confirmation hone call, the person tried to "up sell" the USA "better" version of the lens vs the "cheap" plastic one I ordered. I declined the offer (knowing that there is only one variation of this lens that is produces). Since I only ordered a lens, there was nothing else to "bundle" with. I got he lens about 10 days later. It was indeed the regular lens that other store sell for about $200 more. In my case it was a happy experience, but I would be very caution should I'd need to order an actual camera from them."

"I took a chance with these guys, and so far everything has worked out well. They have the Optoma HD65 projector at the cheapest price, and I got the refurbished one for $599.

I called in, and someone answered the phone right away. He said he could have it shipped by the end of next day. I asked about the warranty, and he was up front saying that they don't take it back (refurb). He offered a full warranty from Mack, which was expensive (over $200).

I told him that I'm scared of ordering from them because of the bad reviews I've read online. He played it off as "some good some bad". I thought for a moment to myself that if I have any problems I'll just cancel the order (or in the worst case call my credit card company and tell them to deal with the problem). So I placed the order. I told him that if they get it right I'll give them a good review :-)

The projector was shipped the same day, and I had it the next day (shipped from Brooklyn NY to Maryland)!

The projector works great and in brand new condition with all accessories. The only thing that caught my eye is the projector indicated 25 hours on the bulb, but refurbished units should have new bulbs, so I don't quite know what to make of this reading. In any case, I bought a 3 year warranty from Mack for $95. http://tapeworkstexas.com/mack_warranty_bulb_only.html
Make sure you buy it right away after purchasing the refurbished projector since that's a requirement for the warranty.

So, just like I promised, a good review!

"DO NOT make the same mistake I made! I was shopping for Garmin 400T GPS. Found it cheaper than anyone out there...by $200. SO.. I order it without doing my homework on "TOP CHOICE DIGITAL", a.k.a. BROADWAY PHOTO. Which I have done business with in the past and was not satisfied at ALL. If I had known I would not have shopped there. After I received a call from a sales rep to verify my order, and to tell me that this GPS needs "high tech" batteries because it WILL NOT work with ENERGIZER or DURACELL..which is such BS, that I needed to buy the batteries from them. HA! Then my final bill was $30 more than original price and was to have a $50 rebate, which they did not send rebate form ( I found it on the web ). and on top of all of this they stole my debit card # and charged 13 different charges from websites totaling about $100. Which my bank noticed right away and blocked my account. All of these fraudulent charges where made in a very short time frame (minutes apart) which sent up a red flag. MORAL- DO NOT SHOP HERE! And after seeing numerous reviews pertaining to about the same type of issues happening to other consumers, I am AMAZED that this company is in business at all....They are lucky I dont live closer to them. "

"Even though many have written horror stories about this company, my experience was just fine. They had the cheapest price on the Rebel XS body, so I thought I should try. I ordered over the phone, and dealt with the same yadda yadda everyone else did: "this comes with a 1 hour battery [since when is a CAMERA battery measured in hours??], you should get the extended warranty and our high speed memory card blah blah", I just said no a number of times and they took my order. Be aware they quickly will try to quote you a slightly different price total than their "Free shipping", because they supposedly add on insurance costs. I didn't argue because it was a small amount more and still cheaper than the next more expensive store, but I've read others say they have said "No" to that as well.

After a few days, I got my shipping tracking number email and it arrived quickly after that. The camera was in the original box (sans kit lens, of course) with all accessories and manuals. Basically if you can deal with saying "no" a number of times, you are probably fine with ordering from Top Choice Digital if you want the absolute lowest prices.

modified review This review was modified by telix on March 03 2009 12:46:11 PM

"Liars, Liars, Liars. Do not sell products for advertised price. If you don't buy accessories, the items is immediatley placed on a backorder. Avoid these Aholes at all costs."

"My son bought a Garmin Edge 305 for me from these crooks. The usual email requiring a phonecall arrived and he didn't know any better. They told him that the battery life on the Edge was short with the heart rate monitor and cadence monitor going (complete rubbish) and sold him a long life battery kit. Firstly, the Edge DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A USER REPLACEABLE BATTERY, but what they actually sent was a simple AA battery charger and 4 batteries and charged my son about 3 times what it is worth. Avoid these guys like the plague. They also operate under Broadway Photo which was evident when they sent someone else's invoice with the Edge by mistake."

"Ordered a lens. Never got a confirmation email. Never got the lens yet my credit card was charged. I emailed Customer service but the email failed as an "unknown user". It's time to call the credit card company to dispute the charge. "

modified review This review was modified by RPM9 on February 19 2009 12:15:26 PM

"I Ordered the product and while it took the store quite awhile to ship it, they eventually explained and appologized for the delay and their appology seemed sincere. The price was the lowest and the product has proven to be of very good quality. "

modified review This review was modified by kp_1111 on February 25 2009 02:11:32 PM

"I ordered an olympus 1030sw, they had it for nearly $100 cheaper than elsewhere, the site seemed legit, as some other sites I went to I did not trust. After I ordered I read this sites reviews and I was scared, but it doesnt seem that any of these reviews say they were totally ripped off and at a loss. I got the annoying call that got me mad with all the ridiculous claims about battery length and special xd cards I would need. I said no to it all, they tried to say quickly at the end of the conversation that the price was $25 more than i had ordered and when i asked why they said it was for package insurance, I said I didn't want it and they took it off and it was priced exactly as I paid for online. They sent me a tracking # for ups and it arrived exactly the day it should have. Everything was with the camera, it was the right color and brand new, nothing missing or tampered with. In my opinion, this is not a wonderful co to do business with, but it was well worth it. I got a camera I couldn't have afforded if I didn't buy from them and in exchange I got annoyed at them for 5 minutes. Well worth it to me."

"SAVE YOURSELF SOME AGGRAVATION AND DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!!!!! I needed a Germin Forerunner 305 as a gift. I called and they said I could pay an additional $15 to get 3 days shipment - would I like to order. I decided to order online instead - with 3 day shipping - this was Tuesday. I get an e-mail on Thursday wanting to confirm the order. I called and waited about 15 minutes before the person says the order has not shipped because I did not CALL. OK, why have online ordering if you have to CALL to verify the order. He then proceeded to say I received a few calls from them and a few e-mails. Now, I work with technology and sit on a laptop close to 16 hours EVERY day. I never received an e-mail from them. He tells me that they could not ship because my address was incorrect - which I verified before I hit 'enter order'. I ask if I can still receive the order by the next day - since this would be 3 days and he said there is an additional charge but he would be willing to split with me. I complained and he did say he would ship next day for the $15 two day cost - but..........I now needed to pay an additional 9% insurance and handling charge. WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!!!!! I ended up paying more than I would have if I had gone elsewhere. Unfortunately, since I need the order by tomorrow, I could not cancel. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM - IT IS NOT WORTH the AGGRAVATION!! P.S. IT IS NOW 9 P.M. on the day I was promised to receive my order and I have not gotten it. "

modified review This review was modified by janicedc1 on February 13 2009 07:29:38 PM

"I was scared to order from Top Choice after reading the reviews. I mainly stay with big names such as B and H and Abes of Maine but the price at Top Choice for my Canon 580 Speedlite EXII Flash was too hard to pass up. There was a slight salesman pitch when confirming my order but it was processed quickly and was sent an e mail. UPS then took over and updated the progress every step of the way. It was delivered on time and in perfect shape. Just took 64 pictures and I am very pleased with the results. For me I had no problems and will order from Top Choice again."

"AVODI AVOID AVOID, I bought a camera from them, they made me call them to finalize my order I waited 30 minutes for them to finally answer. Then make you feel stupid for not buying extra added ons. Stuff that was not even needed. I would have gladly paid more to take my business elsewhere. Oh and the camera they sent me was broken and made me pay to return a a dead camera. Scammers!"

"Like so many others, I came here AFTER placing my order and receiving an email asking me to call them to verify some information, needless to say I was VERY nervous! I went ahead and verified the info, they tried to upsell me insurance and such, a 3 year policy for a per year amount, a way to make it sound cheaper than it was, I declined. The following morning I got an email with a UPS tracking number, and now 3 days after my initial order, I have the item in hand, unboxed and it is as expected! (or even moreso)

THANKS! Top Choice Digital for making me one of your satisfied customers =)