Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"Ordered a PLS laser detector from them; it was missing a clamp, so I called customer service. They said they would have to call logistics and then get back to me. They called back within 20 minutes and said they would send the clamp to me. I got a shipping confirmation the same day and the clamp via FedEx the very next day. It would have been nice if it wasn't missing in the first place, but at least their customer service response was very prompt!"

modified review This review was modified by tom-454 on April 22 2014 03:41:49 PM

"I bought an m12 jigsaw kit which was to come with a free battery. When I got the kit there was no free battery. Customer service said that it was while supplies lasted. They told me the ad came out at 12:00am, they open at 6:30am and I purchased at 8:18 am They sold out that quick?? They said that they would take the kit back. Of course return shipping is buyers responsibility. I guess it is buyer beware with Toolup.com "

modified review This review was modified by austinplumber on February 13 2014 11:18:18 AM

"Very bad customer service. They shipped the package pretty quickly but the package did not get to me. They said that they are not responsible for it once it is signed for and that I should have bought insurance which was not even an option at checkout. It did require direct signature so FedEx should be more careful where they deliver or ask for ID. I got the copy of the signature at the time of delivery is it contained three lines (any one can sign three lines and read the name of the box). Maybe their prices are good but the headache after is not worth it, don't buy there. Maybe is not their fault that it wasn't delivered to me but they did nothing to help with it. I do work in shipping as well and in all companies that I worked for we were resolving the issue for the customer."

modified review This review was modified by buyonlinebuyer on January 29 2014 11:29:31 AM

"Absolutely pathetic service. They were rude and completely unwilling to help me get my package delivered in time for Christmas. When voicing my dissatisfaction their rep said, "Ok, whatever." DO NOT do business with this merchant. You will regret it."

modified review This review was modified by daytrip00 on December 17 2013 09:12:35 AM

"I recently bought the Makita BHP452HW, a drill I have been wanting to get for awhile, but didn't want to spend up to $400 other places. When I saw that Toolup was selling it for $200 I immediately jumped on it.

I had some questions about the drill before buying it and after reaching out to Toolup for some answers I was delighted that their customer service was as good as the price of the drill.

I have never shopped at Toolup before, but there is no other place I will shop now for the tools my business needs. I have already recommended Toolup to some of my friends who have businesses that need equipment as well, but can't afford to pay premium prices and not get support to help outfit their business too.

"I bought a milwaukee m12 sds rotary hammer with a promotional free m12 Xc battery. When the order was delivered the free battery was not with the package. I sent them an email and I was told sorry. So I had my wife call them, she was told it will be in the mail soon. I still haven't received the battery and its the 10 of April. So I called them this morning and I was told sorry again. So I have come to the realization that they have false advertising to get you to spend money. I would never buy anything from them again. They were not helpful at all and kind of rude."

"Recently purchased a Bosch Router table from them. Prior to making the purchase, I viewed the products manual on line to make sure my router would fit. Being confident it would work, I purchased the table. After receiving the table, discovered that my router was not compatible. The manual stated that universal mounting plate was available seperately, so i called Bosch to purchase it. Come to find out that this part was no longer available. I now had a router table that I could no use without making modifications myself. I decided against this, and called a Toolup agent to return the table. While they would accept the item, shipping would be on my dime. Because I now had an unusable product, I felt they should be responbsible for these charges. Both the customer service rep and his supervisor were unwilling to accept the shipping charges of $12. Both were very unproffesional and I got the feeling that they could care less about my predictament. So to finalize my situation, they have lost a customer over $12. I will never do business with this company again!!"

"I've placed several orders from Toolup (toolup website, ebay) in the past. This most recent transaction really angered me. They claim that they ship within 1-day of payment--yet they sat on my payment for 11 days before refunding me and requesting a transaction cancellation without explanation. I requested further information and a substitute item (they were selling many similar near-identical models at higher prices)--prompt response, but no real apology, and denied my request for a substitute.

They were selling the same goods both on their website and on ebay. Obviously they have a problem syncing stock. They have an even bigger problem with customer service. I will not be doing business with Toolup in the future.

"Horrible Customer Service. Do not trust their inventory!

Placed order for vacuum. After placing order called in to confirm everything as order was to be shipped to a different address. Was told everything is ok and it will ship next day. Got an email next day that i need to send pictures of my CC & driver license as it is being shipped to a different addres. Hello! thats why I called you yesterday. Called in and talked to Barry and sent him pics. Later that day he called and said that item is out of stock. No apologies, no attempt to makeup. I am done with this company.

"Ordered two hole saws from Toolup.com
The web site said they had stock of an unusual size I needed for a project. Shipping was fast and reasonable.
Product was well packed.

"I ordered a Makita Combo kit for my brother for Christmas. I live in CA and our family was getting together at my mother's house for Christmas. I asked that the tool kit be sent to my mother's address. I even received a receipt for the purchase and assumed that everything was alright. A few days later, I received an email from Toolup.com stating that I had to photocopy or scan my credit card and either fax or email it to Toolup or else they would not send the tool kit to the "shipping address" that differed from my "billing address". The website had not requested this, and in fact emailed me a receipt as if it was on its way. In any case, it would not have reached Oregon in by Christmas, now. This was very dissappointing. I will not ever use this website again. I subsequently ordered it from Amazon.com and it was shipped as promised."

modified review This review was modified by Robert1319 on December 30 2010 07:39:10 AM

"I ordered Ridgid 154-P (Pipe cutter) with 2 spare scoring wheels and another item. I received the package in 3 days (pretty fast). I got the spare scoring wheels but the pipe cutter was missing. I did not get any email from toolup.com about it so I called them. The attending guy said it was back ordered but they cannot promise it can delivered anytime soon.

What will I do with the spare wheels??? Why not inform the customer ahead of time???

On the positive side, they did not charge me for the missing item.

It seems they don't know what they are selling used for.

I won't transact with this store anymore (this is my first and last). I would prefer to pay a few more bucks for other but reliable stores!!

"I recently was looking to buy a Milwaukee random orbital sander. More often than not, I purchase power tools from Amazon.com, but this time Toolup.com had a price that was 9% lower than Amazon--and included free shipping as well. Four hours after I placed the order with Toolsup.com, I received an email indicating that the tool had been shipped by Fedex. Four business days later I received the sander--packed very well, in brand new condition, and complete with all accessories."

modified review This review was modified by morgantruce on November 17 2009 01:11:25 PM

"BEWARE: Ordered a Milwaukee impact wrench which showed as in stock. Over a week later they tell me the item is backordered with no delivery date projected. I was told the 1 that was shown in stock is actually a display model not complete but the automated inventory system can't tell the difference. I will keep you up to date on this one. It seems like I'm getting the run-around on this order. Their website claims they stock everything they sell and most other sellers of this tool have them in stock.

UPDATE: After writing the above review, I was contacted by Toolup.com. The agent was very helpful and apologetic and offered to take the same tool out of a kit and send it the same day. I received the tool within 4 days and everything is great. Thanks to Toolup for their concern and help and thanks also to Resellerratings for putting positive pressure on companies.

modified review This review was modified by wgoossens on October 09 2009 12:57:15 PM

"I've ordered a Bosch 1199vsrk drill-hammer from Toolup.com which I found had lowest price on line, free shipping and good references. I place the order at 6:30PM and Fedex got it the next morning...It arrived exactly on the day promised ,well packaged, brand new and fully operational. Very satisfied with their service. Thanks, Toolup! "

Toolup.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Toolup.com is not a merchant member
Toolup.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!