Tools-Plus / Tools Plus / toolsplus.com Reviews - tools-plus.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 10.00/10 7 reviews

Tools-Plus / Tools Plus / toolsplus.com is not a merchant member
Tools-Plus / Tools Plus / toolsplus.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"About 5 months ago I purchased a 7/8" SDS+ drill bit from toolsplus. Due to delays, then changes in the project I never used the drill bit. So I called them a couple weeks ago and asked for a refund if I returned it. They asked for some pix to verify I hadn't used it, then approved the return. I received a check in the mail for the purchase price minus shipping.

Top notch customer support and I will recommend them to my friends.

"I recently purchased a Powermatic lamp kit for my Powermatic lathe. The purchase was made in mid-November as a Christmas present and so the boxes were not opened until Christmas, almost a month later. At that time, i was discovered that one of the two lamps that comprise the kit was missing. An email to customer service got an immediate reply and the situation was quickly and fully resolved. Such excellent customer service seems to be getting more the exception these days. I will be a Tools-Plus customer from here on."

"I ordered some accessories for my Work Sharp 3000 sharpener. Tools Plus had the lowest prices, plus I found a link for a coupon for free shipping. I ordered the items online, (A little less than $30 worth) and quickly received a confirmation via email, and an hour later a shipping notification/tracking number for UPS. The package arrived 3 business days later! Can't beat that kind of service!"

"One of the best online buys ever!

They were selling a Porter Cable 16" Omnijig for unbelieveable price of 299.00. No one came close.

Also Porter Cable was offering $50.00 rebate. So total cost of this unit was all of 249.00!!!

Their s&h for this 60lb unit was all of $6.50!

The box it shipped in was well thought out with thick styrofoam and the unit arrived in excellent shape.

I couldn't believe their pricing and shipping costs and called them before I ordered and they have been online since like 1990's and buy in truck loads from Porter Cable for many years and pass along the price break to customers.

I also found online that BBB rated them A+.

The unit arrived within the time period in excellent shape.

The rebate with Porter Cable is top notch and they even extended the rebate 2 weeks for me and even set up the account for the rebate before I sent them the UPC from the box and their form filled out. Porter Cable does a lot of rebates and has designated phone numbers just for them so they do it a lot and I would buy when those rebates are available. Everyone at Porter Cable was great.

I will never buy a tool for my husband again without checking out these guys first.

I recently shopped out nail guns with compressor and once again no one can beat Tools Plus and Porter Cable. They don't just sell Porter Cable either but it is a well respected manufacturer.

Tools Plus also states on their site that before they ship depending on the item they will open the box and put more packing materials in to prevent damage when necessary and that all items they sell are new. This company goes the extra mile and wants and cares about how the item get to you not all retailers do this unfortunately.

You will notice that others here give it 5 stars and they really earned it.

modified review This review was modified by Trillium on August 01 2010 10:37:29 AM

"Bought a Makita track saw that was on sale with a free track. Good price and cheap shipping. Anyways had a problem with the saw motor, called them up and they were responsive and courteous.

Got my replacement saw after sending back the original. Good company as they are supportive after the sale. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from again.

"Very fast shipping, ordered on a Friday and received the following Monday. Will buy again. "

"I found Tools-Plus by searching for the best price on a Porter Cable 6" random orbit snder/polisher, model 7424. Tools-Plus had the best price, beating Amazon by $30, $23.50 if you take Amazon's free shipping into consideration. The tool arrived promptly and it was fine, new in the box as advertised.

It was two or three months later that I actually started using the tool and when I did I found it defective; it would overheat severly after just 15 minutes use. The polisher came with a 1 year warranty from Porter Cable but I hoped to just exchange it for a new one with Tools-Plus. Tools Plus provides a 30 day satisfaction guaranty which I had regrettably exceded. I called them and explained the situation, that I had only recently put the tool into service and immediately found it defective. They made the exchange without any fuss. They told me that they had about 20 out of 2000 of these polishers come back for the same problem. That's on Porter Cable, not Tools Plus. This PC polisher is also branded for Meguiars and SnapOn so it is a good unit. I'm going to polish my car this weekend and make sure I have a good one this time.

Tools-Plus not only had the best price on the internet with very reasonable shipping charges, they also extended an already generous return policy for me. I will buy from them again anytime they have the right price on something I want.

modified review This review was modified by Rick9 on November 10 2007 09:43:14 AM