ToolDiscounter.Com Reviews - tooldiscounter.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.20/10 153 reviews

ToolDiscounter.Com is a merchant member
ToolDiscounter.Com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,865 merchant members.

Rating 4/102/5

"Had a problem with my order and sent 2 emails still no answer from them. Won't do business with them again."

"Used the online ordering system to look up and order the power supply uinits purchased. The pricing was unbeatable and the ease of which to find the product I was looking for was incredible. Thank you"

"Ordered a Hein Werner floor jack from ToolDiscounter.com. Floor jack arrived incredibly poorly packaged. Instead of shipping it in the original shipping carton, they stripped all of the packaging and shipped it wrapped in plastic wrap, most likely to save money on dimensional shipping charges. Jack arrived dinged and scratched. The bar to raise/lower the jack arrived a day later due to shipping problems with UPS. As an added insult, they wrapped a bunch of advertisements with the jack, but didn't bother including a packing slip.

If I pay almost $70 in shipping, I damn well want the thing packaged properly.

That said, tooldiscounter's website is poorly designed and only offers payment directly through them and their merchant processor. Seeing as they're no Amazon, I would've preferred a payment service like Google or Paypal to mitigate risk, since I have no way of knowing their or their merchant processor's security policy.

They have no ability to track order status or history through their website, either.

Alright price on the jack, but not much cheaper than competitors after shipping. I won't be shopping there for tools again. Normally I wouldn't even write a review and would've chalked this up as experience, but they sent an annoying email begging for a review.

Be careful what you wish for, I suppose.

"Great prices. Fast delivery. Products are exactly as described. And did I say best prices around. Seriously. First time customer. Didn't really know for sure. Best decision I ever made as a tool purchase. Had an issue with UPS and tool discounter customer service handled issue very well and with very good customer service. "

"I received excellent service on my order. There was a shipping issue that was acknowledged and corrected in a timely manner. When dealing online this is greatly appreciated."

"Everything went as planned. Price, selection, shipping time, and items were all correct. Nice experience"

"Tools are the best price you can get and delivery is quick."

"Very satisfied customer! Thank you."

"Very pleased with the product and service. I will continue use this company in the future."

"Excellent service and great prices. I will be ordering from them again. Really great shipping as well. Everything was perfect!"

"I placed an order with tooldiscounter.com on December 1, 2013. The reason the order was placed with this merchant is that I could use a Canadian credit card to pay and
have the item shipped to a US address, and the item was listed as “available for order”.
Other merchants listed the item as “out of stock”.

On December 2, 2013 I received an email stating

“We appreciate your business and are sending this email to keep you informed of the status of your order.
Your order is expected to ship in about 7-10 days. This item is currently out of stock. “

This was still acceptable as I needed the item to arrive in Milwaukee WI by December 17, so that my daughter could bring it with her when she flew home for Christmas.

On December 18 I called tooldiscounter to enquire about the order status, as I had not received any further emails. I was informed by the person on the line ( I did not get his name ) that the tool “was being built today and they will overnight ship it to Milwaukee”
When I told the person that the tool was supposed to be delivered by December 14 and that I was going to cancel the order, he offered to ship it via USPS to me in Canada at no extra charge. I accepted this offer as this tool ( a torque wrench ) is needed for a project in March, so I could wait for it to arrive.

I received an email on December 19

Your order is expected to ship ship via USPS no extra charge. “

On January 17, 2014 I phoned tooldiscounter to enquire on the order status, as I thought enough time had elapsed for the item to reach me via USPS. 47 days had now elapsed since placing the order.

This time I spoke with Tom, who informed me “ They are building it next Tuesday”
I asked him two direct questions;
Why do you advertise an item as “available for order” when it is clearly not.
Why did you charge my credit card on the day the order was placed if you did not have the item.
His answer. “ Because we are allowed to by the rules of Google.”

By now you must be wondering why I have put up with this for so long and don’t just demand a refund. Since I don’t need the tool until March, I just thought I would see how long they could keep up this charade. I also contacted my credit card company and made sure there was no time limit to contest the charge.

Back to the story.
I then said to Tom “So if I phone you next Friday (Jan 24) you will be able to give me a tracking number for the USPS shipment” and was assured so.
Friday Jan 24 I call tooldiscounter and ask for Tom. “He is not in today, may I take a message?” I am now speaking with Dan, who checks on my order and informs me that
“They are building it Monday. We will have it Wednesday, and will ship it right out”
Whats a few more days after waiting 54, so I wait until Thursday to call back.
I am told “ It is in the shipping department waiting for USPS. I will email you the tracking number”

It is now Sunday February 2 2014. 63 days have elapsed since I placed the order that was advertised as “available for order”. 62 days have elapsed since my credit card was charged. I have not received an email with the tracking number, so the item may or may not be en route.

I will let you decide if I would recommend tooldiscounter.com to a friend.

Addition to review Feb 5 2014

The wrench arrived today. The first thing I did was check the date on the calibration certificate.
Remember, this was to be built Monday Jan 27, 2014.
"Date of manufacture and calibration: DECEMBER 2, 2013"
Enough said.

"I found ToolDiscounter when looking for the tool I bought from them. I never used them before, but I will check them out again next time I need another tool."

"At ToolDiscounter.com the product is priced low at $14.45 and the shipping charge of $11.15 is not available until you place the order. This is the first and last time I will order from them. The Power Steering Adapter is about 1-5/8 in. diameter x 2-7/8 in. long and weighs 1.8 oz. This item could have been mailed for far less, but they apparently believe that deceiving the customer is acceptable. Not a good way to conduct business."

Rating 4/102/5

"Actually, the rating is more like 1 1/2 stars. Since customer service was easy to work with, I gave them two stars. I put an order in 2 weeks before Christmas. I wanted to make sure the order got here in time, so I paid for 3-5 day expedited service. After 7 business days... nothing. I did get a follow-up email 5 days before Christmas ,so I thought the tools were in process and shipping was slower due to the holidays & bad weather. By Christmas... still no tools. I called customer service the day after Christmas, and was put on hold. After 5 minutes, I hung up & called back. This time the person was able to help me. He checked & found the tools were out-of-stock. They sent it onto the manufacturer who was supposed to send the tools directly to me. He contacted the producer, got back to me & told me the producer. also had these tools on back order. Even before knowing that, I told him to cancel the order. fortunately we were able to get the same tools at SEARS on a 1/2 price sale ( we saved $60.00 over the original order).

ToolDiscounter.com slipped up twice:
1. Either their website should have said the tools were on back order, OR, they should have sent me an email when they gave the order over to the producer.

2. They should have followed-up with the producer & sent me an email saying the producer was also on back order.

"Good price and really quick shipping!"