• ToolBarn

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10

"Made a single purchase 6 months ago and was (as always) very careful NOT to select their newsletter/updates/advertising and what-not. I get enough junk mail as it is.
This morning I still get a piece of junk from them, announcing "Thanks for singing up for ToolBarn Alerts".
They price may have been lower than at other sites (I can't even remember WHAT I bought!) but if that means I'm getting junk mail I did not ask for... I'll gladly go to the competition next time.

"I recently purchased an item from toolbarn.com and WILL NEVER order anything from them or their affiliates again. I wish I would have had read these reviews before I purchased from them. I sent them this email "My wife recently called and talked with Randy about returning a DeWalt blue tooth radio adapter for me today. She did explain that the adapter was unopened and still in its original packaging and that we would like to purchase another item (DEWALT DWFP12231) instead. She said Randy was courteous but he said we would be charged the shipping cost to return the adapter. When I came home I looked at my "ship ticket" and read that I would also be charged a 20 percent restocking fee. After adding up the shipping fee to get the adapter to me ($9.15), the shipping cost to return it to TOOLBARN.com ($8.65) and the restocking fee ($7.39) I would be out a total of $25.19 and have nothing to show for it. Considering the cost of the adapter is only $36.93 I am out more than half the cost of the adapter. I truly believe this is not how TOOLBARN.com conducts business or at least I hope not. Please tell me there is some other way to handle this issue." This was there reply "We do not charge a restocking fee for Toolbarn. You would be responsible for ship[ping the item back to us. We do charge a restocking fee on our parts site. Please let us know if we can further assist you." Nothing about the more expensive purchase I planned on making, just send it back and eat the shipping costs. Even with just the shipping cost I am out half the cost of the original item. So I will keep the item and tell all my family, friends, and coworkers to avoid toolbarn and thier affiliates."

"I order some items Jan 1 2015, It is now Jan 30. I called and they said the items are back ordered. I finally called and canceled my order. They still have there money and hope I get it refunded. This is totally crazy. Never once did they send me an email stating it was back ordered.. When, I called they did not know when item will be coming in"

modified review This review was modified by chrlaviner on January 30 2015 09:29:41 AM

"Ordered saw from ToolBarn that was in stock. I still had not received the saw 8 days later, so I checked the status online and found that it had not been shipped. I called and they saw they would ship it 3 days later and I would get it 3-5 business days after that. I am scheduled to receive an in-stock product 16 days after I purchased it, and only then because I called and demanded it be shipped"

modified review This review was modified by Maad on January 16 2015 03:07:30 PM

"Ordered 3 pony 3100 clamps on 12/8/14. Clamps still on back order on 1/14/15. Canceled order. Ordered from another site . Shipped the same day."

"I read some of these reviews after placing my order on December 8th and got really worried. So I called the company the following day and was told the free drill bit set that comes with the M18 Drill/Driver was on back order and they were waiting for it to ship the entire order. They shipped the order without it however notified me via email with a tracking number and instructions that the drill will arrive in 18 to 21 business days. Counting back, the drill arrived on 12/19, so it took about 11 working days (10 if I didn't count the Thanksgiving holiday). So they did delivered within the time promised which made me very happy. And although I'm still waiting for the drill bit set, I do have a "back-order" confirmation slip with the delivery. This order included the free tool (offset drill) which arrived on time with the main order. While I can understand and respect the numerous negative reviews and opinions, my experience with this vendor was a very positive one. I did rate then with 3 star fir shipping due to the item on back order but, I would recommend them to others.
Update 12/23/14 - Just wanted to let others know that I received the free drill bit set today from being on backorder. The set is really nice and of great quality - certainly worth the $29..00 claimed. Again, I know many here have had a bad experience with the store but I'm just stating the events as they happened. ToolBarn did alright by me.

modified review This review was modified by ctoro99 on December 23 2014 06:42:02 PM

"I placed order on December 15, 2014 and waited 3 - days later to contact them why my product ain't shipped? Apparently they ran out stock... When I placed my order I spoken to them over the phone and they claim that they have 100 in stock at the time of order.. Well I miss the promotion of Milwaukee buying combo get bare-bone tool free and they didn't bother to contact me to inform me about they ran out of stock and kept my money on hold I'm so mad had to contact Suncoast Credit Union to solve this issue. The Customer Service in toolbarn are very rude and they don't give a shit about your business and will lie to your face to get your money. BEWARE BAD BUSINESS!!"

modified review This review was modified by jsvalentin on December 17 2014 11:53:09 PM

"This company is a joke! They lie and the customer service reps are ignorant, rude and don't know what's going on! I ordered a $400.00 saw on October 28th and still don't have it! I called 4 times now and today I was told it was shipped out and I would have it next week sometime which will put it at a month ago I ordered it! I called on November 10th and they had no idea where my saw was! They didn't know it was back ordered until I spoke with a supervisor and he called DeWalt. It was promised to be here by this week. I called them on Tuesday and they told me it was shipping out then. Today I called again and it wasn't shipped as PROMISED but went out yesterday and now won't be here until mid next week.....unless they are LYING AGAIN, I would never recommend or order ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN! What disappointment!"

"I placed my first and last order ever with acetoolrepair.com online for a replacement part. I waited a VERY long time, and after having heard nothing I made several attempts to contact them, FINALLY receiving a reply from toolbarn.com (????!!!!) that the part would be shipped "soon" and that I would be notified and given tracking information. It was quite a surprise when it showed up today unexpectedly - no shipment notifications were ever received. Not such a big surprise after all that, I suppose, that the part looked nothing like the old one with an identical part number and of course it would not fit the tool it was purchased for. Oh, they charge a 20% re-stocking fee for THEIR lousy incorrect parts, so the part and the tool have been trashed in disgust. I am still not sure exactly who these scammers really are, given the half dozen websites and email addresses that they appear to have, but it would be wise to steer clear of this company. Complete waste of time and money.

modified review This review was modified by CrankyPaulie on October 21 2014 02:25:18 PM

"TERRIBLE and UNPROFESSIONAL in so many ways..:::

This order was placed on Monday July 21 2014.
I then found it locally and called the SAME DAY and cancelled the order.
The person I talked to could not find the order because it had not been "PROCESSED" and told me to call back in a couple of hours.
I did call back and again he could not find the order by my name ....phone number....or email address and said that apparently the order had not been placed or entered in the system.

Wednesday July 23 2014 I received this email stating it had been shipped.

I called and talked to Nadilie ..??? again and told her and she stated that the order had been processed yesterday...Tuesday July 22 2014 and shipped out today the 23.
I will refuse the order and would like a refund on the credit card.
TOOLBARN RESPONSE....::
Thank you for your message. I apologize for the mis-communication I have set up a return on your order and you will be issued full credit when we receive your order back. If we can be of any further assistance in the future, please contact us. Thank you.

NOW TOOLBARN claims they never received it:
IT WAS RETURNED TO SENDER the same way it came to me...PLUS it should have never been shipped in the first place.

modified review This review was modified by JeffHarkness on October 13 2014 08:21:06 AM

"7/24/2014------RIDICULOUS! Placed order 6/11/14- nothing shows up. Call in to the very unhelpful rep who wouldn't give me any dates specifically. Finally pinned him down to waiting until July 18th at the most. Here it is July 24, I call no info. Promised to call me within the hour. NO CALL. call again , same rep promises a call by 1pm, guess what? NO CALL, call in again to be told they have NO DATE for when my items will release, however 1 of the items is available. In the time I asked him to go ahead and ship that item I had already found and placed my order elsewhere to arrive in 2 days. Not surprising another obstacle, they want my credit card info AGAIN! Seriously if this is how they do business I am not giving them mine. The choice is yours! "

"Despite the negativity in most of these reviews, my experience with ToolBarn was OK. I wasn't in a hurry for the parts & the webpage stated my order would ship in 10-14 days. I received it on the 12th day. However they never did email me when the order shipped, as they said they would. "

modified review This review was modified by sailorphil on July 09 2014 07:06:33 PM

"HORRIBLE!!!!
$500 Order
Sold Me Stuff They didnt even Have.
Had no idea untill after I paid and waited 11Days without receiving Anything. I call and im told we didnt have any of your items and so we ordered them. Told it takes 2 WEEKS Just for Them to get it. Then It will probably take 2 WEEKS for Me to get it From Them.
I have ordered stuff from over seas and gotten it faster than 2 weeks.
buy something from this Sorry company and it will take more than a month ,If Your Lucky.
Thats assuming i will get Anything!
Smh...
ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUS

"Originally gave them one star. We called to return a tire for a band saw - didn't realize price was for only 1 (others have a pair for less) - and they said "no returns". Same when we emailed. However, I called again today and was able to arrange to return (have to pay shipping & restocking fee I think). So customer service seems to be "spotty. The man I spoke with today was very courteous and reasonable."

modified review This review was modified by sammond on June 19 2014 02:50:28 PM

"Bad News, Shop elsewhere - Purchased a -not cheap- item "in stock", waited a week then asked them where it was. "We should be shipping that in 2-3 WEEKS". So maybe a month after I paid for it. An idiot, I paid with PP and they will not cancel an order unless you are shipped a wrong or broken thing. So I won't use them anymore either."

Share ToolBarn's store rating

ToolBarn is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ToolBarn is not a merchant member
ToolBarn does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!