Stores > TOMS Shoes
  • TOMS Shoes

Voice your opinion! Review TOMS Shoes by clicking a star below.
2017-03-13

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

"I had been a loyal Toms customer, purchasing many pairs of shoes in the past few year. Unfortunately, I will need to change my preferences since my last order was a disaster. They sent me the wrong shoes since their "warehouse made a mistake" and now they do not have the two pairs of shoes I ordered. They offered to send me a "free return label" for the shoes that they sent to me by mistake and then, after arguing a tiny minuscule credit - less than they would even give if you refer a friend. This took one hour on the phone since they did not answer my email. So surprised and disappointed about this poor customer service experience. They completely dropped the ball."

2017-02-09

Now in Austraila, NOT.

"I order these shoe to be delivered to Australia. I missed to note at the bottom to the screen about the currently being US and US sizes (yes, my faulty). But after ordering them I realised and tried to change the order to the correct size **warning you cannot cancel or modify an order once placed**
These to not a problem if you live in the US. But if you live in Australia you will need to waiting 3 weeks for the shoe to be delivered and then 3 weeks to return them (at your own cost $50), and then wait for the refund.
I tried repeatedly to cancel and modify the order with their service agents less than 2 hours after ordering the shoes.
I was promised emails (which have not happen (twice))
When you go to http://www.toms.com/australia it’s a US website. The customer service is poor and save your money and time. Order from another website if you live to Australia.
My Final note about this short saga is, I best advice from a service agent was order another pair with the correct size!!(And pay twice) And why would I do this after this poor, poor service. No thanks.

2016-05-30

Toms Disappointment

"Toms has fashionable and comfortable shoes which I love! Because of my recent experience with customer service I am hesitant to increase my rating. I emailed customer service five minutes after placing my order (at 7:49 am) asking to change my shipping address because PayPal gave my wrong address. It's been four days since and I just heard back from any customer service representative who informed me that because my order already shipped I will need to pay for the shipping to be intercepted. I received an email today that stated my order had been shipped on Friday night at 9:16 PM and to the wrong address. It's been four days since I contacted customer service without hearing back.

I am feeling very angry. This means that I will need to contact my old landlord and warn her that a package is coming for me and continue to stay in touch with her while I wait. I will then need to travel to my old address to pick it up. Thankfully it is not a far distance, however it is a rather uncomfortable situation that could have been easily changed. I understand that I played a role here by submitting the wrong address, but it frustrates me that such a simple mistake could have been so easily avoided. I feel a lot of negativity towards the store and that will prevent me from making future Toms purchases and especially from the Toms site. There are other brands that make fashionable and comfortable shoes, I will manage fine without buying from Toms.

2015-10-16

"Very bad experience with their return and processing speed for case resolving!
I returned a pair of Tom's. Drove down to their warehouse and handed my return shoes to one of their receiving dock person on August 20th, 2015 , but NO refund received so far!
I called them about 2 weeks ago about this issue. Their rep said they will forward to headquarter specialist to investigate. Not surprise, 2 weeks later, nothing done! Said their have too much stuff backed up and now they are going to have a supervisor to call me.
I will never buy shoes from Tom's directly again! too much hassle, just buy shoes in Nordstrom people! Much better customer service!!

2015-09-08

"I bought my first pair of classics from this website. They're amazing. So comfortable and it's totally worth it. The size was a perfect fit and they shipped fast too! #lovetoms"

2015-09-08

"If I could give it 0 stars I would. What kind of socially responsible company doesn't allow you to modify or cancel your order? "

2015-08-17

"Worst order experience ever. I ordered an item over a month ago, and repeatedly sent emails asking the whereabouts of my product. All of the emails have been ignored and when I chat online, I am told it is going to ship, but it never has. Overall terrible experience; if you want to buy TOMS, just go to a Nordstroms or other shoe store."

2015-06-05

"I am so relieved I have found others who have had the same horrible ordering experience as I have had with TOMS. My order somehow got "stuck" in process, the shoes were never delivered and I had to call back three times in order to get the charges reversed on my bank account. I am still waiting for the " 3-5 Business Days" for my refund and watching my bank account like a hawk. My question is this: If TOMS can't deliver my shoes to me, here in America, how the heck are they doing it in other countries? One customer service person was really nice and seemed to take me seriously but the other two that helped me could not get off the phone with me fast enough and gave me typical canned responses about my refund. Stressful experience overall."

2015-05-21

"I love Toms mission and their shoes so it hurts when dealing with customer service was awful.

I called in and the call was answered and I could hear a lot of talk about the coming weekend for at least one minute until finally the service representative on the line felt like their conversation was finished. Then I definitely got some attitude - not sure which kind probably the why or how dare you bother me kind based on the un-held hold.

Toms customer service then denied my request to apply a discount code the day after I ordered an item. They said once an order is submitted they can't change the order in any way including applying a discount code. I don't believe that they can't apply a discount to an order. Either way, this is an example of poor customer service.

The customer service representative then had the nerve to ask if there was anything else they could help with. They didn't do anything to help me in the first place. I said no, have a nice weekend and hung up.

2015-05-03

"It is unbelievable how bad their customer service is. I needed to return a pair of shoes and get a different size. I have emailed the company three times and still have note received a mailing label to return them. It takes them over 2 weeks to respond to an email. They claim that my shipping label wen to spam (which it did not) and I have not heard back from them again. It is now over a month since I bought the shoes. There are SO many other shoes that look exactly like Tom's that I would NEVER recommend buying from this company. If a company does not value its customers, why would you ever buy from them again? "

2015-04-01

"I cannot believe this one, and it happened to me. Ever accidentally hit "Reply All" instead of just "Reply" on an email? Tom's just did that to me. I had attempted on several occasions to let them know that people were getting email solicitations for knock off goods from China, directly mailed to your house. They ignored me a couple of times, I erased most of the stuff I had sent, then they denied ever receiving them, please send again, etc. I sent what I had with complete explanations (including the server address in China) and got a "Reply All" from a "Pooja Teckchandani" as follows: "Let’s leave it alone. He’s insane. He didn’t even send us the right email, so we can’t try to track anything down." Wow - just wow. Obviously they really value people. "

2015-03-19

"Just from the looks alone, I have zero interest in the product. I say that because we are being bombarded with unsolicited advertising emails from Tom's, probably from my address liked on LinkedIn. We have unsubscribed numerous times and have wasted way too much time trying to contact a real person, so we will be forced to file a complaint under the CAN-SPAM Act, just for starters. Avoid letting these people have your contact information at all costs. The appear to be nice and friendly on the outside, but they are like a cancerous predator beneath the surface. "

2015-03-16

"Awesome shoes..... Horrible experience...
I would like to start by saying that the ease of use of their website is non existent! Which is where my trouble with Toms shoes started. I ordered a pair of shoes a month ago and got an email from them saying my order was not complete. So I go back to the website thinking I was completing my order only to see I ordered the same pair of shoes twice. If that was not annoying enough, I am told I have to either pay for shipping to return them and get my refund OR opt for store credit and they provide shipping labels. So I opt for the store credit. As I go back to the website to use my store credit, I do some research on store credit, (just to make sure I'm doing it right) so I see, that the FAQ section says store credits are automatically applied to your next purchase, I even read the fine print on this, and I see that all I can see is that my next purchase would use up this store credit.. Welll ONLY if you don't use PayPal when you pay for your order, because apparently your credit won't apply to your order if you use PayPal, and I used PayPal of course no where in any information that I've read does it state anything about that. So I'm told to reorder my shoes, using a credit card and use my store credit, then I'll have to return the same pair of shoes I just ordered on my dime to UPS and wait for my money to go back in my account... WOW... That's just madness.. And they were very unfriendly to boot. Love their shoes, but I'll take my business to my local mall if I ever by anymore, or just buy bobs from now on, since they support the same cause...

2015-01-23

"I'm so disappointed in Toms customer service. I thought for a company with "such high ethical standards" would be willing to help their paying customers. I submitted a warranty claim for the Desert Wedges ($89) after I purchased them last week. I wore them once, then noticed a protruding finger-like hole coming from the heel of the shoe. The warranty dept came back denying the claim because they said the shoes couldn't have possibly left the (China) factory like that, and I should have noticed that when I bought them. Yes, I should have noticed that when I bought them but didn't. I even offered to send them in (on my own dime) for a second opinion. They said that their denial stands and they were unable to help me. So with that said, I'm extremely disappointed in the way they handled the situation and will unfortunately never purchase another pair for myself and my family. "

2015-01-07

"Horrible service. Checkout pages do not work. Literally waisted MANY HOURS trying to place an order online to no avail. Checkout page just crashes. Used different browsers and nothing worked.
Called customer service and they couldn't place my order over the phone! They wanted me to go back online.
Finally placed and order and the shoes were too small and not true to size.
I wanted an exchange. THEY DONT OFFER EXCHANGES!!
I returned the shoes and they ONLY OFFER STORE CREDIT.
Went to repurchase the shoes in a bigger size.
SAME CHECKOUT PROBLEMS!
I wanted my money back after all of this hassle. THEY REFUSED. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. HORRIBLE WEBSITE.

Share TOMS Shoes's store rating

TOMS Shoes is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TOMS Shoes is not a merchant member
TOMS Shoes does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!