Write a review »
  • Rating 7.25/10 8,793 reviews

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member
    TigerDirect / Systemax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • TigerDirect / Systemax contact information

• Address: 7795 W. Flagler, Miami, FL 33144
    • Contact: http://www.tigerdirect.com/contactus
    • Phone: 800-800-8300
    • Customer Support: 800-800-8300
    • Business Hours: 7am - 1am EST M-F / 8am - 12 midnight EST SAT-SUN
    • Fax: 305-415-2149

All 13,519 Customer Reviews

"My main plan was to build myself a desktop that I could use for any number of things. I got a processor mobo combo, and the mobo arrives dead. So I send in a request, and don't receive my Return Authorization number like they said I would. Then I decided to use the live help to get the number, but I still didn't receive it. Only after I called twice did I get any results. After they told me to ship it, they send me something that has to be included in the return. After they told me to ship it! My desktop won't be complete in time for me to take it with me when I move out. Never again will I ever shop at Tiger Direct."

modified review This review was modified by jaredt95 on August 12 2013 10:34:55 AM

"In our visit to Miami we happened to see their shop. Many prices were quite good, specially the hard drives. Bought 3 2Tb external and 4Tb internal drives and other stuff.
Getting to the counter there was a sign: $1.99 and a box full of 8Gb pendrives. Thought wow and took four of them. Checking the bill of over $660 I saw that these pendrives had cost me $6.99. I said the woman in counter that I won't pay that sum of these pendrives. Her answer: Oh my god, and looked to the ceiling.
We took our menchandise and went to the customer service. With her we went to the box full of pendrives. She showed the small text below the price and said the price was for the string that you attach to pendrives and that we should have looked more carefully.
Then we looked for the person in charge. Right away the person attacked us verbally and said it was our fault we didn't read the barcode!!! And that's it. When I was amazed that I had to buy this product with this much higher price and that in our country we have a protection that when you buy a product you can return it within one week without need to explain. Then the woman of the customer service said that they CAN return the money. Just then I realized that they just didn't want to sell these pendrives with the lower price (although buying with more than $600).
Leaving the store almost a body search was taken place as we had less products than was in the receipt!! I would have understood this in some way if I would have had more products. When this was over the guard said sarcastically: Have a nice life!
All this happened in the store in the store in 7757 West Flagler Street, Miami.

modified review This review was modified by kissu on August 01 2013 07:12:57 AM

"Tigerdirect is an unethical merchant. Bait and switch, fraudulent descriptions and total lack of customer service and caring. They cheated me out of money by presenting an on-line offer and then claiming that's not what is said. Even when I sent them the url for the offer they disavowed it. I am angry and will refer to regulators."

modified review This review was modified by Dombear2003 on July 28 2013 02:11:53 PM
Rating 6/103/5

"I went through two rebates with them, the first went through but the second one was denied due to insufficient receipt. Even though I use the same packing slip both times. They allowed me to upload the receipt again and this time it was approved. Unfortunately, the rebate card never came. This is the first and only time a rebate never arrive in all my times I did rebAtes.. Coincidence? I think not."

"This is my second time buying from Tiger Direct. I bought a 32 inch Samsung LED LCD HDTV with 1 business day shipping. When I called to check on the status of the package they told me it had already shipped and I would receive it tomorrow. But I waited all of the next day and the day after, but no package arrived from Tiger Direct. I called T.D. and their best explanation was that the package was experiencing some delays and that I should receive it in a week or so. What is the point of me paying extra to get the package a week later???

But here is the best part. When the package did arrive, there was no UPC code on the package. I can't submit the serial number for a rebate. When I called/emailed Tiger Direct for support, no one answered. I basically paid $200 dollars more than what was advertised for an average T.V. Tiger Direct is definitely one of the many scams on the internet and hopefully I can save you some money and peace of mind.

modified review This review was modified by maxjohnson on July 02 2013 12:51:07 PM

"I will never EVER order anything from tigerdirect. I was willing to give this online company a chance, even though in the past they've treated me with average customer service. But today, they wasted my time and just were absolutely not helpful.

I ordered an Emerson Action Cam from their website for $40 + $1 shipping. Their website mentioned a $15 rebate so that was the MAIN reason why I purchased the item.

When I went to try to complete the rebate, I cannot complete it because it is requesting a copy of my Serial Number. There was no serial number sent to me... nor was there any serial number on the item I purchased. Tigerdirect has failed to resolve this issue. Instead they told me I need to find the serial number myself and gave me a phone number that didn't work at all. I called the number only for the person on the line to tell me, "I can't give you the serial number, you need to call tigerdirect so they can give me the purchase order and I can find send them the serial number".

They have instead failed to take responsibility for posting a rebate which is impossible to complete. Because of this, I would not recommend... and in fact tell you to stay away from tigerdirect at all costs because they have 0 customer support and post deals that are misrepresentative.

modified review This review was modified by aleksdude2 on June 26 2013 10:45:30 AM
Rating 4/102/5

"Great deals, maybe.
Low quality customer services, and very unprofessional on phones wait times.

Customer services and validation department must get unified education, so they sing the same song to customers.

Ordered a EVGA GTX Titan, using international VISA, that works very, very fine on Amazon and ebay, shipping address was Aramex US shopping box, because I work in middle east region.

Order freezes, after grabbing a hold of the money no doubt, asking me to call urgently (despite they have my number), called and waited, 10 minis to reach someone, then talking to CS agent and more wait times added another 15-20 mins call time. Instructing me to call Validation department.

Called Validation department, same deal of wait, 10 mins, then they stated, we do not use international VISAs, I said you sure, or is it problem with names differences between address owner (my sister) and VISA holder name (me), he said that is fine, your VISA should be issued locally (USA), I asked, can I use Paypal? He replied Yes, call CS and cancel your order, and reorder using Paypal.

Done, including the routine, wait times same, etc etc, canceled, "Will be refunded", made another order using paypal.

Order freezes, after grabbing a hold of the money lol, call urgent, CS, same wait times no doubt, then Validation department, now they say, your address is P.O.Box, we need another address with someone lives in, a friend or family. I don't, and why that was not problem earlier? Sir, this is how it is, I asked, ok can I talk to a manager and make an exception? (talked very politely, as I have been raised by mentally healthy parents), Army man replied, it's no use, no matter how you talk, this will remain the same, it's a company policy, we need to make sure of your identity, I told him, you took your money, and the buyer who put the address will take the damage in case something goes wrong, as myself only put the address and I am responsible.

He said, your only option is wire transfer. I said do you expect I use all your payment methods and have 10 refunds in your company with a reason for each order canceled? Am I a party that examines your company consistency? are you for real?

We broke up, our relationship was questioned since start.

Anyway, called CS, wait on phone, Mam, cancel the order, Validation department says etc etc etc.

Ok Sir, I will change it to Wire Transfer and will send you the Wire Transfer details on email. (I thought, maybe that's it, I go for it no issues).

Waited 6 hours for Wire Transfer details from hell, nothing came.

I called CS, (PHONE WAITING TIME WOKE ME UP ONE MORE TIME) oh wait, that wait time on phone is a sign, I am suffering for a reason, reached CS agent, PLEASE, cancel any order I have done today and yesterday, I have 2000+$ refund in your store, let me have them 1st, then I decide if I ever visit your website again.

Worse, no order history says anything about your canceled purchases, you have to track it through some twisted form to make it appear.

Even more, no emails for your canceled orders or any refund statement.... ow my money :'(

Calls are being recorded for quality assurance purpose... but for me, it's my money's proof of existence.

No email for tigerdirect.com, you have to use their Email US form, some of your inquiries will get autoreply mail, and some not, even for different orders numbers.

I know refund will take time, but I need a hope, proof to track it, very healthy normal all over the world procedure.

Now you tell me, am I really just an another pissed off customer who does not really correctly rate this store?

Hani.

"BAIT AND SWITCH! I will never do business with this company AGAIN! EVER!!! Ordered a Archos 101 Gen9 Tablet - Android 4.0 OS, 10.1" Touchscreen, 1 GHz OMAP™ 4 Smart Multi-core ARM CORTEX A9, 4GB Memory, 250GB Storage, MicroSD Slot, HDMI Output, Built-in WiFi, Bluetooth from Tigerdirect.com on sale for $129.99, BUT they sent me Archos 101 Gen9 Tablet - Android 3.2 OS, 10.1" Touchscreen, 1 GHz OMAP™ 4 Smart ARM CORTEX Dual-core A9, 8GB Memory, MicroSD Slot, HDMI Output, Built-in WiFi, Bluetooth. I went to Archos' website and found the 250GB model I ordered (now discontinued). It retails for $349.99. Although my money was refunded 10 days later, i am still without the tablet i ordered. What a complete waste of my time. So disappointed in this company, i NOW know why they have such a low score on reseller ratings AND they do NOT actively participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. "

modified review This review was modified by Superbowler on June 21 2013 12:21:08 PM
Rating 8/104/5

"I love this site. Always offering great deals!"

"Mr. Keith Dorsett is a kind, courteous and a professional. I don't have the words to convey how much of a professional that he is. However, if you had another one like him, you might be able to rule the world! Lol..."

"What can I say...Everyone else agrees, Tiger Direct SUCKS!!!!

I bought this TV: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4903708&csid=ITD&body=REVIEWS&ReviewMode=2#WriteReview

on 5/16. I received it within a few days, plugged it up and guess what...a 6 inch cluster of about 45 dead pixels shows up on the left side of the TV. GREAT!! I called them, waited on hold for 47 mins before anyone answered my call. The guy was rude but he did agree to release a replacement TV for me as soon as the UPS label for the damaged one was scanned by UPS.

Send the damaged one back. 6 days later the new one arrives. It's a different casing than what I had ordered but same TV. I get everything out and go to test it but wait NO POWER CORD!!! SERIOUSLY?!!!!!! So I got to TD store and they GIVE me a generic cord for free. I spoke the TD customer service and they rush ship me the actual power cord...still haven't received it yet...

Then I plug up the TV and it works!!! It's in great shape and updates just fine. Later I got to prepare the wall mount. I get everything done or the wall mount and new receptacle and as I go to attache the TV mount part I notice 6 long scratches on the back of the TV....UGH. They're deep too.

I call TD and they offer to return the TV but yeah that's not happening at this point in time. I then ask for a discount and they all but laugh at me. Instead they offer me some sob story about how they're losing money on this TV and then offer me a $30 gift card. They are so arrogant to think that I would actually want to spend more money there!!!! After 30 mins of negotiating they still only offered the gift card. I accepted it and I'll just give it to someone in my office. I honestly could not be more pissed about the whole situation. It's so frustrating to be treated like you and your money don't matter. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM TIGER DIRECT AGAIN!!! NEVER!!! (Que Braveheart dramatic scream)

modified review This review was modified by splitcast82 on May 29 2013 08:08:30 AM

"TigerDirect shipped me a package with a wrong UPC barcode which doesn't match the UPC code requested on the rebate form. The rebate could be denied. I called them and was told that I need to take risk to apply for the rebate. Only after the rebate was denied, I could request them to refund."

"I went into the showroom nearby my home, looking to replace a television that had finally died. I saw a 46" Westinghouse LCD television in the showroom that I thought would be an acceptable replacement, and went to make the purchase. The showroom had no more of that television in stock. Instead, the service agent in the store directed me to the register, and had me order it online so that the television could be delivered to my door the next day. I received the television, opened the box and set up the television to find several of the pixels blown or malfunctioning. I thought I could live with it, but almost before my eyes, the bad pixels began to spread. After a day or so, I called Tiger Direct's customer service number, and told them of the problem. They gave me a Return Authorization number, and a UPS shipping label to return the defective television. UPS would come the next day to pick up the defective television, and drop off a new Westinghouse 46" LCD. Once UPS dropped off the new television, and picked up the defective one, I opened the box to find the LCD screen shattered. I immediately called Tiger Direct customer service again. They dutifully issued yet another RA number, and UPS shipping label to have the return process repeated. the next day I received the new TV, when UPS came to retrieve the broken television. I opened the new one, and guess what... it was broken too! Again I called TigerDirect, and asked if I could simply return the television and pick one up from the showroom. They told me that they could not because the systems are different, and they didn't know what the inventory was in the store. Because of that I repeated the return process one last time in the hopes that I would actually get a television that was not broken and free of defects. Alas, that didn't happen. I received yet another broken LCD screen. I then called Tiger Direct back to get a refund. I told the agent everything that happened, how I had to return 4 televisions in 7 days and that I wanted a refund. He gave me another RA, UPS label, and said that as soon as the broken television was received, they would process my refund, and I should see it on my credit card in 3-5 days. I tracked the package, saw that it was received in the warehouse the next day, and I waited for my refund to appear on my debit card. On day 8, I called customer service when I still had not seen my refund. The agent there told me that he was going to check on the status of the refund, and send me an email letting me know when I should expect the refund. No email was received. I called again the next day, and spoke with a customer service rep named Alex. He told me the refund was indeed issued, and since I hadn't received it it must have "gotten stuck in the system" and would perform a manual expedited refund, and I should see the refund the next business day (which would have been on a Friday). No refund was applied on that Friday or Saturday. I called again this morning (Monday) only to be told that the INITIAL refund was issued as a store credit, the "expedited manual refund" was initiated on Friday, and I would again have to wait 24 hours before the funds would appear on my debit card account.
Because of the lack of honesty, and miscommunication I will NEVER do business with TigerDirect again. All they had to do was to tell me that a store credit was issued in the first place and I could have/would have gone into the store and made the purchase. No harm no foul. Instead they kept that part from me and had me looking for a refund on my debit card that was not going to appear.

modified review This review was modified by BDG-Dissatisfied on May 20 2013 09:21:07 AM

"I bought a Samsung Solid State Hard drive from Tiger Direct last week. I was advised by the Tiger Direct sales rep that the Samsung was one of the best and should not have any problem instating it in my MacPro. The Tiger Direct dude also sold me the sled to attach the SSD into the HD bay.

First problem was the "sled" Tiger Direct sold me. It was way was too short. There was no way to use this in the sled.

So I installed it without it. Installation was not a problem. Within the 2 days I had several kernel attacks. Reading up on the reviews of the Samsung I soon found there was an issue with the Mac's. A firmware update seems to help some so I went to the Samsung site for the Firmware Update.

After the Samsung update I hoped I would be smooth sailing. I loved the speed and response it gave me. Only I was a little miffed the stupid Tiger Direct sales dude sold me the one SSD that everyone in the Mac world was staying away from.

The irony came when I tried to return the SSD to Tiger Direct. On a Saturday morning I visited the Tiger Direct store in Fort LAuderdale to return the SSD. I did not have the sales slip but made the purchase on my credit card so I felt I was safe. I had kept the SSD 2 weeks to give it a fair try and surely did not feel like making the return in the first place.

The sales clerk girl at the Tiger Direct told me I needed the original store receipt or Tiger Direct would not take back the return. I had the original bag and the packaging had been ripped but was still intact. A week later I found the original Receipt and went back to the Tiger Direct to finalize the return. Now, same girl, she tells my the original packing AND the receipt and required, and if I read the receipt I would have known that. Then she called the manager and all he did was reinforce the girls story. He suggested I try and sell it on Craigs List and promptly threw me out of the store.

I will never set foot into a Tiger Direct nor will I ever make an online purchase from you ever again. I am now stuck with a defective non-usable SSD and a bitter attitude from your dear store people. I will also continue to tell people about the abuse as well as posting my feelings in reviews. If I can stave off even 100 dollars from going to Tiger Direct my job is done.

"Hemm I hadn't ordered in a while from Tiger Direct. Now I remember why. I placed an order on a Monday for a Backpack that was Daily Deal SLasher and could not check the status of my order till Wednesday. By then the backpack I had ordered was back ordered. Fine I was thinking since I had placed my order very early the morning it would be shipped? Nope Still mind you I didn't have any email stating that the item was Backordered. I found out on my own. Kind of irritated by the situation I called to cancel my order. I was on hold for over 10 mins. That should tell you what kind of company they are. When Al picked up I explained my story and I asked to cancel the entire order. Since the items hadn't been shipped yet I felt that everything would be resolved. With Al confirming my Canceled order I thought I was done. Nope! Today Friday I have half of my order that I canceled with Al's blessing. Still being charged for Tax and Processing and Handling for two items that were suppose to have free shipping. I go to Tiger Direct and it still shows my order pending because of the back order. Never again will I deal with kind of incompetence. Lesson Learned. "