Stores > TigerDirect / Systemax

Customer service: Rating 1.44/10 1.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.35/10 2.35/10

2016-04-15

Deceitful sales practice

"In January 2016 I called Tiger Direct to purchase a laptop. I gave the sales person the minimum specs required for my needs. Unknown to me, they sold me a laptop that did not meet my specs. Additionally I was told the graphics card was upgradable and today they told me it is not. TWO LIES. I contacted customer service and was told nothing could be done. Unacceptable."

This review was modified by Luis001 on April 15 2016 06:24:33 PM

2016-04-08

Satisfactory

"I ordered a tv set from TigerDirect,it arrived on time and it was in perfect condition"

2016-03-12

Always satisfied

"I have ordered through tiger direct many times over the years, and have never had an issue. I am very surprised to see the negative reviews. Always a happy customer when I order through them."

This review was modified by gregw81 on March 12 2016 08:11:51 PM

2016-02-19

Terrible - I Am Reporting Them To My Local Consumer Group

"I have had the most frustrating and horrible experience with TigerDirect as I have tried to return unopened/unused merchandise ordered by mistake. Emails, phone calls, escalation to supervisors - nothing has helped me return the good. I started the return process 21 days after purchase and I still can't get satisfaction. Shame on them -- I will never do business with them again. They are burning a hole in my pocket. "

2016-02-16

satisfaite

"je suis satisfaite des commandes que j'ai fait de chez light in the box. du point de vu qualité ou service je le recommande à tout le monde et même je l'ai recommandé à mes copines."

2016-01-29

Item order placed, item backordered, item canceled...no notice

"Tiger Direct seems to be in the habit of selling things that they do not have in stock. I ordered a cable, several days later I received an email telling me they have run out of the cable and they would be getting in additional cables and they would be shipping mine out soon. So I waited and waited, until today I checked the order status. CANCELed posted on the order status. I did not receive any email's informing of the this. What a way to run a company........into the ground."

2016-01-16

Gone hugely downhill

"It has become apparent that they are no longer selective in the quality of their merchandise. Anything goes to make a buck.

I've made purchases from these guys for 15 years. Now I'm done. The sell complete crap and a lot of it is not even eligible for return. Bought a tablet (DOPO = Double power = also crap) that is DOA. Tiger direct claims no returns, manufacture warranty only. Manufacture gives huge run around and I have to pay shipping.

My son got the tablet for Christmas and said, "Santa's elves make bad presents!" TigerDirect and China have something in common - they either don't celebrate it, or they ruin it.

2016-01-15

No refund given for a canceled order until I emailed them - Really? Yes, really!

"I purchased something from Tiger Direct on December 11, 2015, from one of their eBay listings. The order was canceled on December 16. (Why it took them five days to figure out that they did not have the item in stock is another matter.)

Because the transaction was on eBay, the payment was made instantly using PayPal. I never saw a refund for the purchase, and I finally emailed them on January 9, 2016. Despite the transaction number - which presumably has the details of my transaction - they replied that I should not have been charged at all. So much for their customer service.

My email asked for an immediate refund, and my refund via PayPal finally showed up on January 15th, 2016. ("Tiger Direct, Inc. just sent you a refund")

I will post these details to as many forums as possible. There is no excuse for such shoddy business practices, and I won't bother buying anything from them again - directly or via eBay.

They have and deserve their low reseller rating for a reason. If you happen to have a decent, straightforward transaction with them, consider yourself lucky - but don't kid yourself that this seller does business in a way that's ethical or has any interest in improving the way it does business: the numbers say otherwise. I'm sorry that I didn't check them out first.

My time and yours is always going to be worth much more the hassle of having to deal with a merchant like Tiger Direct and the small amount of money saved.

This review was modified by kazie on January 15 2016 06:35:47 PM

2016-01-13

Internal Hot Swap Tray

"I just received my purchase from Tiger Direct, and the product that was sent to me was defective, the seal on the box was cut, the product smelled burnt and they wont do anything about it. When I called they told me that I had to deal with manufacturer but when I called during hours of operation the automated service said they were closed. what kind of company is tiger direct to deal with some fly by night company like this! Not a good company. I gave one star because it is the only way to post this review "

Georgia
2016-01-06

"Wow, I was surprised to see so many negative comments about Tiger Direct. I've been buying from them for years, and have almost always been happy with their service and prices. I've had a few duds, and they exchanged or refunded them quickly and with ease.

I guess everyone doesn't have the same experiences with a vendor, but these guys are my go-to when I'm looking for good gear at good prices. I've been extremely lucky with them on refurbished items. Highly recommend.

2015-12-28

"OK, I'll keep it short as I can.I ordered my TV on Black friday (11/27). It arrived two weeks late (12/19) at 6pm after making a delivery appointment for 3pm. The Delivery was made by a man and his wife in a minivan with their dog. On the delivery slip, I marked the package damaged, as the bottom of the box was flattened. I open the box and plug the TV in to find there is a huge crack going up the middle of the TV. I go to tigerdirect to find that I could not return since I ordered more than 14 days before. I call on the next business day, monday (12/21), anyway and they arrange for a return. I wait for a week, no email, nothing. I call back today (12/28) and they say they cant accept the return because they never received a call from me on the 21st, even though I have the call on my call logs and am calling my phone carrier to get the proof sent. I come to check the Internet to see this company has a long history of sending damaged merchandise and not refunding or exchanging anything ever. Now that they have my number logged, Im waiting 1-2 hours for any customer service agent to pick up so I can figure out who to send my call log to. While I'm on hold, im posting this on every consumer report site I can find."

2015-12-28

"I ordered several gaming computer components to build a machine as a Christmas present. After opening and assembling all of the components the 30 day return period had expired. Two of the three components were defective. It was nearly impossible to get a hold of someone. I never got through to customer service. I, finally, had to call a sales only phone number. The person on the end was pretty good at trying to resolve the issue but said he could not make the final call and would escalate the issue to a manager. They refused to extend the 30 day return period even though many retailers do so at Christmas time. TigerDirect will never get another dime of my money even if they are by far the cheapest on any component. The frustration is not worth it. Buy from Amazon."

This review was modified by rhestep on December 28 2015 10:15:10 AM

2015-12-19

"I am never ordering from Tiger Direct again. I purchased a TV for my husband on Cyber Monday. The .TV arrived broken. It could have been broken in transit, but we had to spend hours trying to contact someone in customer service to return it. The associate acted like it was our fault it was broken, but sent us a return label for it. I had requested a replacement, because it was a Christmas present. We shipped it back the next day. It arrived at the facility 12/11/15. After allowing Tiger Direct the requested return window for shipping a replacement, I had to spend another 4 hours trying to contact someone in customer service. Each time I reached someone on the phone or chat, they would disconnect the call. Finally, an associate named Mervin said that he would create a replacement shipment. This morning, I received an email stating that I would not receive a replacement, but a refund. I should have purchased a TV from a reliable, reputable seller. (Meanwhile, I am still receiving emails encouraging me to purchase a warranty on a TV that I do not have.)"

This review was modified by KristinBS on December 19 2015 06:31:44 AM

2015-12-18

"Worst site for shopping, they inform that the order is cancelled and website shows that the order is yet to be shipped. But my credit card has been charged already. Wait for 45 mins on the customer call, nobody picked it up. "

2015-12-15

"I placed an order on 12/7 for a number of components for a new desktop PC; a week later, the only item that had been delivered was the one that had been on back-order. The rest were all marked "in the warehouse" or "at drop shipper".

Here's my most recent email to TigerDirect:

"It seems to me customers can reasonably expect certain things from an online retailer:

1. if an item is listed as "in stock" when ordered, it should ship right away;

2. if something changes such that the item is not available, the customer should be notified right away and given the option of cancelling the order without delay or fuss;

3. if the customer cancels an order, it should be cancelled without delay or fuss - there's just no good reason for the standard 2-3 day wait;

4. a customer service phone line should be staffed during business hours.

So far, none of these basic expectations have been met with the order referenced here.

I tried to arrange to have the as-yet-unshipped parts of the order cancelled when I finally got hold of someone by chat . . . but have had the standard 2-3 day delay imposed on me.

This is simply unacceptable.

I will continue to call and use chat until I am certain the order has been canceled and any charges for undelivered merchandise refunded to my card."

This review was modified by r-j-k on December 15 2015 02:04:59 AM

Share TigerDirect / Systemax's store rating

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member
TigerDirect / Systemax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!