Stores > TigerDirect / Systemax

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.42/10 1.42/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.91/10 1.91/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.41/10 1.41/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.02/10 2.02/10

"The current big promotion on the site is $25 discount using Visa Checkout. I started my order but at one point the site prompted me whether I wanted to apply a $10 discount to my order, Yes or No. Who would say No, so I clicked Yes. I was worried about Visa Checkout discount, but it said it was going to be applied automatically at checkout, so I checked out. I was disappointed to see that I only got the $10 discount the site itself.

I immediately emailed customer service. They responded back late next day saying they were canceling my order. Wait a second, I replied, I just wanted you to apply the correct discount! No response.

I called the next business day, spent 30+ min on the phone. They were no help on the price adjustment, saying it was my fault that I applied the lower discount, and now it was too late. Even though I emailed immediately after order placement. They also incorrectly said it was my fault for not using a Visa card, which is not the case (it says any major credit or debit card can be used with Visa Checkout). This mistake of blaming me was never corrected or apologized for.

Towards the end of the call, after about 25 min, the person mentioned my order was still in the process of getting cancelled. After all that time on hold! The rep was quite rude, openly snickering at some point, it was unreal.

I have a pretty short memory, but I'm going to try hard never to order from these guys again, and I suggest you do the same. 30+ mins on phone wasted, blood pressure raised, and these guys have no interest in keeping you as a customer. I may or may not get my order, I guess it will be a surprise!

This review was modified by AlexPasternak on November 23 2015 12:10:28 PM

"I find it interesting how insanely negative the reviews for TigerDirect are. I've purchased about 100 or more items in the last year, most of which were free after rebate, and had only had TWO minor issues. Once, I received the wrong color computer fan, and was fully refunded. The second time, I just received an item that had the wrong model number and dealing with support has been fairly irritating.

The customer support is likely based in a foreign country, and must not have been trained to speak English very well. I felt that the representative and I weren't on the same page on whether or not the item I actually received would qualify for the rebate, so I had to ask the same question 3 times. After the third time, I was just told that I'd have to send the item back for a refund, without any acknowledgement of my actual questions.

I guess I also purchased an item once which was delayed a couple weeks due to back-order.

The point being, that I have no issues or worries whatsoever with purchasing further products through TigerDirect. The customer support may suck (it also does at most places), but at worst, I end up at base-0. I shop constantly for the cheapest deals I can find, and a couple quick emails every now and then isn't going to stop me from saving lots of money.

This review was modified by jjbhaveagoodtime on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

"I ordered a bundle with cpu, motherboard and memory which was not actually a bundle since the motherboard was backordered... The status on their website said it is in stock and I only found out after I placed the order. I paid for express shipping which they did for the items that they had in stock, but that did not matter since I could not used them anyway. I was able to cancel the mb after waiting for a while but they did not want to refund the extra I paid for fast shipping, which they should have. Save yourself money and a headache and do not make any deals with this website "

This review was modified by radugafencu on November 12 2015 09:11:01 PM

"TigerDirect can suck a big one, back in July I ordered a motherboard their site showed as "In Stock", when in reality I payed for it and waited over a week despite paying for 2day shipping to call and find out that it is being drop-shipped (upon further investigation of people in similar cases, they have waited a month or longer for the item), so I immediately called and cancelled the order asking for a refund. They DID refund me, but now, 4months later, they are sending me an "Invoice" for something I cancelled.... I ended up ordering from NewEgg due to the b.s., and now TD wants to send me a bill in the mail for something I don't even physically have, yea... F' you TigerDirect.

This bill shows the invoice date of 9/29... The purchase before cancel was made July 6... Half-tempted to get in contact with someone to seek damages for wasting my time.

After contact with TigerDirect, a customer service rep, Sylvester, has helped push this to management to get it cleared from my account. I will update this accordingly when that process is completed (I was given an est. 5days to completion).

This review was modified by sobewebmaster on November 12 2015 01:11:01 PM

"TigerDirect is horrible!! If you place an order it's like a lottery whether it will get shipped or not. sometimes I've received a wrong item!!! their entire warehouse shipping process needs reconfiguration!!! I wish I could give them 0 stars for shipping process. "

"They suck big time.
They always fuck up on shipping and give you the run around when you try to track shipments.
Ship incomplete items.
Never have a track record of previous calls, so you always have to explain yourself over and over.
I am never ordering from you assholes again.
They gave us some tracking numbers and they don't even show up yet on the USPS website.
they said within one day it should be visible it has been three days and nothin yet.

"Have been a customer of TigerDirect for 15+ years and have never had a complaint until now. Placed an order for several pc components on October 22. On October 30 I contacted TigerDirect to inquire as to status of two items as yet not received. I was informed that the FX-8300 cpu was unilaterally cancelled without notice because the item would not be available until November 10. On October 30, typed FX-8300 into their search function and 62 hits appear with the FX-8300 item "In stock." And still have not received the T4 heatsink either. The customer service has severely deteriorated from previous levels. Tough to say it but avoid TigerDirect for now unless willing to accept delays and no communication.

BTW: Placed an order with Newegg on same day as TigerDirect and received all components the next day. No comparison between the two companies at the present time. Go with Newegg.

morcowbel293's Avatar

Davenport, IA

"Price and selection are great, and website makes it very easy to search through the huge number of products. I needed memory for a work PC delivered next day. I placed an order for an item listed as "In Stock" and paid for next day shipping. The next day I checked my order status to find that the part had not shipped. I contacted phone support. After giving my order number I was put on hold so the agent could look into it. After 5 min the call simply ended. I called back awhile later. The agent informed me was that the item was "In-Stock" at a third party re-seller and there was no way to determine when my item would ship, but assured that when it did it would go next day. Canceled order and will not order again. This has happened twice this week with 2 different companies. Lesson learned...if you need it next day, don't trust the site saying "In-Stock". Find a good company (CDW) and call someone and make them assure your item will ship that day!"

"I can not comprehend the reason for the difficulty ion making this order happen. After selecting the product and placing the order - next day rush- I was emailed the following day to complete the order with some sort of additional credit card verification. I had already answered questions about cars I had owned, places I lived etc. Then to have to sit on the phone for an additional 30 minutes while a customer support person did some additional processing made the transaction intolerable. I will no longer order from Tiger Direct, though I have bought 10's of thousands of dollars worth of product from the store that once was opened in Clearwater Florida. This procedure is not reasonable. I will take my purchases to New Egg, Amazon or ANYWHERE else to not have to deal with this terrible process."

"I usually have no problems with TigerDirect but this experience has made me question whether I'll be buying more barebones bundles from them. I ordered it the 15th and got all of the order in a reasonable amount of time except the MOBO. The MOBO took days only to find out they didn't have the part (even though I followed up with tiger multiple times...being told the part was available). Each call I made to sales resulted in a different answer over 3 days.

After finding out the part wasn't available, voicing my frustration and being transfered finally to someone who cared about customer experience - the associate found me a good replacement MOBO that was slightly more expensive and he honored my original price with no shipping. Unfortunately this associate did not enter the correct billing information (due to a bug in tiger's system). This resulted in me have to call 3 more people in 2 different departments to resolve the issue. At the end of it I find they wound up charging me shipping AND that I wouldn't receive the part until next week (2 weeks total after my original order).

From a customer service perspective this experience with tiger has been 1 star.

"I love this place. Best customer service."

"This was the most awful online shopping experience I have ever had. I placed an order 9/30, payed for regular 4-7 day shipping. I'm expecting to receive my purchase within the time I paid for. Two weeks later I have to take time out of my day to wait on hold to talk to a representative that has nothing to say expect to tell me that it will be another week before it ships. There was no email, no contact or communication of any kind to tell me this was the case. I, the customer, had to take the initiative to seek out customer service which should have been provided without me having to waste my time. Of course I canceled my order because I will not give my money to an incompetent company. I asked them to send me a confirmation of my order cancellation. Two days later, I still have not received a simple confirmation. If this package ends up in my mail after I canceled it I will be extremely ticked off but by the looks of their customer service that's exactly what will happen and they will probably blame it on me.

Advice: save your time, money and effort and stay away from this company. It is not worth it at all.

"Horrible experience. I should have read these ratings before clicking Bank of America's link to them and ordering from this store.

I ordered a special edition Wii U Console for $312.99, and they shipped the regular edition, which sells for $270-275 at most other stores. Their outsourced customer service keeps saying "we understand the issue/concern/whatever" but they don't even attempt to pay attention or do anything to help.

Their solution in my case, after one week of frustration, was that I take the item to UPS to ship it back (they did provide a label after I involved Google's Trusted Stores Dept - why in the world would Google endorse this business?). However, their RMA information implied that I am responsible for the original shipping cost ($11).

I ended up disputing the transaction with my credit card, and will submit a complain to BBB.

"I had the very best experience possible this week when I made a purchase (via Global Computer) and had a question about something on my email invoice. The staff wrote back to me right away. They were very friendly,and not only cleared up my confusion, but also expedited my shipping at no extra charge.

I highly recommend them for the best prices, and great service!

"BEWARE!!.. TigerDirect.com is one of the worst website and company I have ever seen in my entire life, they have 2-3 hours of hold on the phone and then there is no guarantee they would help you, they never answer the call other then you want to purchase something from them. Once you place the order with them then you are stuck with your money and they will never return it. They will treat you like their personal slaves after that. BEWARE!! and never even think of purchasing anytime from them."

Share TigerDirect / Systemax's store rating

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member
TigerDirect / Systemax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!