• TigerDirect / S

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.71/10 3.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.26/10 4.26/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.83/10 3.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.56/10 3.56/10

"I recently had a log on problem but getting on the chat line resolved the problem. Not only did the issue get resolved immediately but Joanne Wijangco Morales had several follow up correspondence e-mails with me to assure that the problem had been corrected. This is an example of excellent customer service. Keep up the great work.

"I have generally been very happy with everything I have received from TigerDirect, but with this last order I received a computer case that was obviously damaged at the factory. There was no damage to the shipping container, but the case itself was badly bent. It would have been impossible to mount the power supply without going at the case with a hammer to straighten it out.

I do not fault TigerDirect for this product defect, but their return service has been abysmal. If they had even just said I was out of luck, I would have been less annoyed. Instead I've been given a complete run around and now am being entirely ignored.

I was initially told a return order has been requested, then after a few days I get a message that the return has been denied because there is a 48 hour limit on shipping damage returns. Anyway you look at it this is an unacceptable response.

If it had been a shipping damage return I would have been really upset because I contacted TigerDirect within 15 minutes of having received the package. Any delay in arranging for the return shipping was not of my doing.

However, I had made it clear in my communications that the damage was not from shipping. So, the denial just indicates extremely poor communication within TigerDirect's support infrastructure.

Still, I was not overly concerned. I sent a polite message indicating the problem and once again asking for help in replacing the defective merchandise. I received a polite reply indicating that the return order was once again requested and I would hear from them within 48 business hours. I waited a week. Nothing.

So, I sent a message again asking what the status of the return order was, and now after almost another week I have heard absolutely nothing.

All I have received since then is the nice message asking for this feedback. I expect this was not what they were hoping for.

modified review This review was modified by mnjjunk on February 28 2015 09:38:32 AM

"Tigerdirect sent me an HP rp5700 with a defective fan motor. When I called for help I was told the manufacturer warranty would cover it (even though I had purchased a Square Trade warranty), yet the warranty expired in 2012! Tigerdirect would not exchange the item. That, and the call center was "experiencing higher than usual call volume"."

modified review This review was modified by HatingtigerDirect on February 28 2015 09:06:38 AM

"I recently bought what I thought was a green laser beam laser pointer for presentations. It turned out the beam was red. I had it expedited, but requested to cancel. It was too late. They still attempted to cancel it and were very kind and patient with me. That's what matters to me. I totally recommend TigerDirect any day of the week!"

modified review This review was modified by sa-stri on February 27 2015 06:53:57 PM

"Their prices is just average compare to the competitors, I would buy from them when I can't find the item i want elsewhere and pay the shipping charges. My advice is beware about big amount rebate item since they seem to have those deal which you have to pay a lot more and hope to get that big rebate back so you would end-up with what you thought is good deal. I got burnt already twice so I'm done with their rebates item.

Some may argue that store has nothing to do with rebates but just think a minute that who would get those so-called unclaimed rebate, Store or Rebate center?

"I purchased a download of H&R Block Deluxe + State on 2/14/15. I still have not received a download link one week later. After placing the order I was charged shipping and handling and provided a UPS tracking number - for a download!!. TigerDirect has refunded the shipping and handling fee, but I still am waiting for a download link despite two promises to "accelerate" my order. I don't think I will ever see my software or my money. I have asked for a refund but I am told they can't refund my money."

modified review This review was modified by minniegeo on February 20 2015 01:12:31 PM

"I would not reccomend buying anything from this seller unless you physically talk to them and ask them if the item you want is in stock before you order it. I ordered a Corsair K95 keyboard from them over 3 weeks ago and they never even got to shipping it. I cancelled my order and ordered the keyboard elsewhere that actually had it in stock. I would have cancelled sooner but the item was out of stock everywhere I looked.

Also I talked with their support 3 times, 1st time they said that the product was being shipped by UPS, a few days later I asked them for the tracking information but never got it, and over a week ago I ask when they might be getting it shipped out and they said would ask and it would take 2-3 days to get a response, they never responded.

modified review This review was modified by Gizmoo on February 18 2015 11:44:59 PM

"Ordered HR Block tax software - download. 5 days later, still no email with link to download. After 45 minutes between live chat and waiting online for customer service, I was told they'd "escalate" the request for an email, because it was coming from a 3rd party. I asked them to cancel the order and I'd order a CD from someone else, it would be faster. Also, orders paid for with PayPal aren't tied to your Tiger account and can't be tracked online."

"I am not sure if this is the correct place for me to post this, but here goes. I recently purchased an off lease HP elite book 8540W from Tiger Direct. The machine arrived fine, shipping and packing was fine. Ok it was an off lease unit, I knew it would require a new battery. Planned for that with the purchase. When I set the machine up I kept getting error messages about the smart charger being too small. So I contacted HP and had tech support check on what this actual machine needed. Well this astsys.com that the machine actually came from had shipped the machine with a 65 watt power supply when it needed a 150 watt power supply to operate at peak performance. Now I contacted astsys to try and get in touch with customer support. Three times I left messages and got no reply. However I did contact Tiger Direct, and as I have always had over the years I got excellent service from them. They offered me a refund or replacement with out hesitation. I explained to them I did not want either I was just informing them of the lack of support provided by astsys. The machine works perfectly now, however it took a battery that cost over $180.00 which was ok, but the power supply for this machine cost me an additional $90.00 thus raising the cost. But this was not the fault of TigerDirect but the supplier. Tiger Direct was more than willing to help me in anyway they could. I have purchased new laptops, desktops, NAS units, workstations and countless parts of all descriptions, and never had the slightest issue with Tiger Direct. And I will continue purchasing all of my computer needs from them in the future. But everyone needs to be aware of the company astsys. "

modified review This review was modified by owl9704a on February 14 2015 08:23:45 AM

"Bad customer service. I called in regards a order I placed and on day had option for rebate. Rebate did not start the next day. Website false advertising. They should not put after rebate pricing if it does not work on that day. Was ask to return item and pay for shipping. Not going to spend 15 dollars to send a 35 dollar item back. I will return to newegg due to this. Waste of time. "

modified review This review was modified by kmai316 on February 10 2015 01:11:16 PM

"Part of my shipment got sent to the wrong address. I contacted TigerDirect's support by email with their internet form. Less than an hour later I got a reply letting me know that the problem was fixed and my package was on the way. "

modified review This review was modified by JacKetch on February 09 2015 03:18:03 PM

"Great prices and service. Fast delivery. My son, 11, wanted to build his own computer. So for X-mas I ordered from www.tigerdirect.com the parts needed for my son to build his first pc. The prices are the lowest I could find and they have everything you could need in stock. I accidentally placed an order when my kindle locked up. I called customer service and they took care of it right away. I received everything within a week and in perfect condition.
My son is so proud to have built his own pc. It's water cooled and quite and super fast. My computer is a 10 yr old single core slug running Xp. My son's pc is a 8 core beast running 64 bit Win7 from a solid state drive. Neither of us could be happier. But I need to order a new pc from tiger direct for my self now

"BUYER BEWARE, they don't stand behind returns and work with you to help get problem resolved. Worst company to work with ever!!! I had used for years with no problems and loved them, but something changed either with new company Systemax... Based on my recent experience, now they are horrible to their customers and just don't care about us at all. I will tell everyone I know never to use them and post as many reviews online as I can. Kevin C. at Systemax there lied to me saying he would help and it would be a fairly easy fix to get resolved in about a day or so then nothing a week went by and nothing, I emailed and called, he stopped emailing, returning messages, etc. He did NOT help me and therefore they do not stand behind their warranty policy on software, even if it is within the allotted time too. Kevin C. seems to have purposefully waited me out until it was after the return date so they did nothing to help me get my money back even though the software doesn't work. I have emails from Microsoft saying the seller needs to refund me; they can't and still nothing form Systemax/TigerDirect. Poor service, they do not stand behind any software returns as far as I am concerned; if the product doesn't work, no refund, you get screwed out of however much (for me it was $219.99). PayPal would have got my money back but I would have had to return everything I bought in that purchase and one was a computer that I couldn't return because it was now my PC that I am using for work and then I would have nothing to work with, so PayPal failed for me too. I will buy my PC's from other suppliers now and use another paying system too, like American Express who is always perfect!"

modified review This review was modified by hsnevada on February 06 2015 08:53:33 AM

"We our now on our 3rd customer rep with TigerDirect. The 1st 2 reps were great, however the last rep we had was horrible and caused us to not do business with this company anymore. I was told the 1st 2 reps left the company. The last rep did not return emails and only called when we went above him to his supervisor do to his dereliction of duties. We requested a new rep, but they would not give us one and therefore we fired this company. With our latest rep, many orders were not processed until we inquired about the delay. The customer service we received was sub par at best. I would not recommend buying anything from this company EVER!"

modified review This review was modified by sleet5 on January 30 2015 08:13:20 AM

"I'm honestly flabbergasted at the negative reviews here. I've had nothing but excellent service from TigerDirect. On 1/14/15, I ordered a tablet and didn't notice they had my old address in another state on the order. This wasn't their fault -- the destination address was in bold type near the top of the confirmation email - but I was having a hectic day and didn't notice.

The order shipped the same day and was scheduled for delivery the next day. I discovered the problem the next morning and freaked out. I called TigerDirect and they were able to reroute the item to my new address even though it was already on the truck for delivery.

Then yesterday, the tablet I had bought shut down and wouldn't power up. I contacted TigerDirect by email and went to bed. When I woke up this morning, there was an email from them asking how I wanted to resolve it - by exchange or refund. In the meantime, I had gone to the web site of the tablet mfr (Acer) and read that a hard reset could be done by poking a paper clip in a hole - a solution so old school it hadn't occurred to me. Sure enough, it worked and I didn't need to return the item.

It would be fair to say I was something of a difficult customer this time around but they were as completely helpful and incredibly prompt as they were last time. Reviews saying they have lousy service just don't compute with me. I have to wonder if they're a setup.

modified review This review was modified by scoobersmom on January 29 2015 12:10:26 PM

Share TigerDirect / Systemax's store rating

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member
TigerDirect / Systemax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!