• TigerDirect / S

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.39/10 3.39/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.80/10 3.80/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.68/10 3.68/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.14/10 3.14/10

"Never again will I waste my money at this site."

"This is the first time I have written a review of Tigerdirect and I just felt the need to share my experiences. Unfortunately, this is the second time an order from Tigerdirect was delayed for a dropshipper handling it. They can't even track what that shipper is doing. It adds days to the shipping delay they usually have for processing. An order I made last week wasn't even shipped yet due to this delay. Within my order I paid for next day delivery. You have no indication of what goes through a dropshipper and what doesn't, therefore making an order is always a roll of the dice. Amazon and even ebay offers a much better and more honest experience. At this point I would rather use the ultra risky craigslist than Tigerdirect. Customer Service was very nice, but no amount of niceness makes up for a terrible business model and an overall dishonest design that Tigerdirect uses. Keeping customers in the dark until after the purchase about who is really fulfilling an order is a terrible business practice and makes expedited shipping useless. Add my experience to the mountain of much more terrible experiences this company has given to those over the years and it makes you wonder how a company with such a terrible reputation still exists. One more thing, the rebate processing services they use always look for ways to disqualify rebates with fine print and various other ways so good luck getting those honored. I got screwed out of many of those. My only regret is that I kept giving them another chance to improve. After ten years of disappointment when buying from them off and on, I should finally give up on using them. "

This review was modified by DaedalusHelios on July 06 2015 10:49:19 AM

"I have used this company for years. Never any problems, but things are different now. I think they are going out of business. You cannot get anyone on the phone. Shipping is delayed for weeks and parts do not ship as promised. Everything is backordered or drop shipped from the manufacturer even when it is said to be in stock. Beware of them. "

"Awful horrible company. Do not order anything from them EVER!! I hope you go out of business! Ordered a card from newegg, cancelled it because TD had a deal. Ordered the one from TD. TD cancels my order later in the day and now newegg and TD are both out of stock."

This review was modified by shaddix on June 24 2015 01:42:31 PM

"Absolutely the worst experience in more than 14 years. Ordered ten SSD drives, was told they would ship by the next day. A week later I asked about the drives and was told they would ship that afternoon. The next day was told they were experiencing shipping issues and that he could not give me any idea when the drives would ship, so I cancelled the order. Ordered the drives from Amazon for the exact same price, got them in two days. Two days after I cancelled the order from TigerDirect, they ship the drives. I told the account manager I would keep the drives if they gave me a discount, but apparently that wasn't an option they were willing to consider. Now I have to wait days for return authorization, ship the drives back and then wait to see if they give me my money back. Terrible service, terrible experience and now they basically are making me pay for their mistake. No wonder their retail operation went out of business."

This review was modified by IntegratedNetworks on June 23 2015 11:15:37 AM

"Just spent 40 minutes on hold with customer service only to be told that my order that was supposed to be here already...won't be here until at least August! Asked them how that could be and they blamed it on a server update. Horrible! "

"STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY!!! I placed an order on June 9th for overnight delivery. I was NEVER told this was a manufacture drop ship until AFTER they took my money (almost $5,000). The product was drop shipped from the manufacture and received in their warehouse on JUNE 12th. I have the tracking from the manufacture. I called June 12, June 15, June 16, June 17, June 18, June 19 and today. Every day I was told it was shipping overnight today. Finally today, ever though my product is in their warehouse, they said it would be another 3-5 days before the product ships. Every time I called I was on hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes before someone answered the phone. They are liars and they are thieves. Do not trust them with your money. I have another order that I returned and they received on June 12th and they have not issued a credit. I am our almost a total of $10,000. "

"***UPDATE***
6-24-2015
I just received another email from TigerDirect today stating Oder Confirmation..... WRONG ADDRESS AGAIN !!!!!!! And, now I am waiting yet again, on hold to straighten out more ignorance than I can tolerate. For my troubles they have "promised" to refund my shipping ($12.00 and change) (that covers about the 1st 10-15 minutes of my time dealing with your incompetence) and most recently they will send a $25 gift certificate out.... THAT WILL NEVER BE USED... maybe I can gift it to someone I hate !!!!!!!! NOTE THAT THIS IS QUITE POSSIBLY.... NO, HANDS DOWN THE WORST SALES EXPERIENCE i HAVE EVER WITNESSED - EVERRRRRRRRRR! I have made purchases from companies that inventory out of their own garage with better service than this company. Incredible to think they might have a leader with more than a 6th grade education.... oh, wait I think someone is going to take me call.... I'm sure there will be more later.....

STAY AWAY!!!!!! I am 3-4 weeks into my order that was supposed to be delivered in 7-10 days and no one can tell me when it will ship or where it will ship to... ya, that's right.... in addition to NOT receiving a purchase receipt for my online order, and not receiving my order on time, when I received an email apology from TigerDirect about my order being late the only purchase information included with their apology was my shipping and billing address... both the same, which is NOT the case... and of course the wrong address for the CC to process. So, 45 minutes on hold to find out no one knows which address is which... in fact, they also had the purchase date wrong and still cannot tell me "anything" about the status of my order. Ridiculous for a company that has been around this long.... if I did my job like they do their job - I WOULDN'T HAVE A JOB! 1.5 hours on the phone and nothing accomplished as they could not change the billing address for me ???? WTF TD? NEVER AGAIN will I purchase from this company. LAME... I guess I will just wait until you get your s%@# together to get my much needed order delivered.

And one more thing.... expect to wait at least 45 minutes to speak to someone that is rude and speaks english as a second language.

This review was modified by KSteele36 on June 24 2015 02:42:53 PM

"Customer service is NON-EXISTENT, they will not pick up your phone calls, or answer your emails. All I have to say is GOOD LUCK when they screw up your order, its a long road ahead to even attempt to get my money back for an incomplete order. PLEASE STAY CLEAR AND AVOID THE HEADACHE."

This review was modified by mnrivera210 on June 20 2015 11:00:21 AM

"I used to be one of the "why is TD so bad" kinda customers and hesitantly gave them my business. NO LONGER, I got burned. False advertising.

I ordered a bundle, only got 50% worth of that bundle in the mail, and they are horribly RUDE, unapologetic, and could give a darn about us. They are HORRIBLE communicators and snail's pace at best.

Die, Tiger Direct. Your rebates suck and I'll never do business with you again.

This review was modified by baublitz on June 20 2015 05:52:38 AM

"TIGER DIRECT IS THE BEST COMPANY EVER !! I LOVE THIS COMPANY..
THE SERVICE IS EXCELLENT, AND SHIPPING IS PROMPT.

This review was modified by MiamisFinest on June 19 2015 12:12:56 PM

"DONT BUY FROM TIGER DIRECT
My order was delayed and when I request a cancellation it was sent anyway. Then I was advised by Tiger Direct representative to refuse the delivery.
I did refuse the delivery, Tiger Direct received their TV back on 6/4/2015 and I never received my money back (today is 6/17/2015).
Calls to Custmer Service get disconnected all the time, e-mails don't get any response either.
What a scam....

"TigerDirect is by far one of the worst companies I have ever had to deal with. On May 25, I placed an order for 10 HP ProBooks. As of today, June 16, I have not only failed to receive my products, but I have been lied to by multiple TigerDirect representatives. After continuously expressing the urgency needed to get my order shipped, I was put in contact with multiple so-called “supervisors.” Several of them lied to me and said that my order would be shipped out that day or the next, and that I would receive an email with tracking information. I have yet to receive any shipping details, and the only confirmation I have received from TigerDirect is that my order has not been shipped and there are no updates. One of the “supervisors” informed me that the customer service department has no way of calling the warehouse, but instead only communicates via email. How can a company stay in business when it is operating this way? I placed my order nearly a month ago, and yet it has still not even shipped. The complete lack of honesty and respect I have experienced has left me with an extremely bitter taste in my mouth. The failure of service provided by TigerDirect is absolutely unacceptable, and I will never again give the company a fraction of my business."

"Extremely difficult to get through to customer service. Tried numerous times unsuccessfully to chat. Finally called and after being on hold for 30 minutes found out that even though I paid for second day shipping, the refurbished pc I purchased was being held up for some unintelligible reason. They refunded the shipping. Fine, great. Received package three days after anticipated and when I hooked it up it didn't work. Wouldn't boot. This time was 40 minutes on hold, at which point customer service asked me if I had contacted the manufacturer yet. I lost it. They picked up the defective unit today, as of the next business day have not shipped the replacement that they are supposedly shipping next business day. "

This review was modified by nicolemariew on June 15 2015 01:19:33 PM

"Look at what I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FUWG1E2

Clearly everything there says this is a CPU, motherboard, and RAM. But they apparently didn't mean to sell it at that price, or meant for the listing to only be a CPU, but instead of canceling the orders or letting us know before shipping, they just shipped the CPU only and immediately (SAME DAY AS THEY SHIPPED) emailed return shipping labels. In fact in my case, the item had already arrived on my doorstep BEFORE they sent an email stating that they had shipped it (and then the return shipping label emailed 1hr later).

And I don't mean they did this to just me, they did this to a whole group of people as you will see here: http://slickdeals.net/f/7911197-intel-core-i7-4770k-processor-gigabyte-ga-z87x-ud5h-mb-patriot-viper-3-series-8gb-ddr3-memory-bundle-349-99-tigerdirect-via-amazon?v=1&p=76536833#post76536833

This is blatant corruption on Tiger Direct's part, and I don't think they represent Amazon (a great company) in a good light. I've never seen anything like it.

This review was modified by MiahX360 on June 14 2015 10:44:53 AM

Share TigerDirect / Systemax's store rating

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member
TigerDirect / Systemax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!