• TigerDirect / S

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.19/10 3.19/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.01/10 3.01/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"The most absolute worst experience you can have from an e-tailer. Ordered a product on Saturday with overnight shipping. It is a new product to market and they were the only ones that "supposedly" had them in stock. I'm trying to get a customer's machine completed and shipped by the weekend. On Tuesday morning (3 days later), the order still had not shipped. Called TD and was assured that this would be expedited and I would have a confirmation of shipping by end of day Tuesday. End of Tuesday, nothing. Called Wednesday and the person says that they are awaiting verification from PayPal and that I should call PayPal to move this along. I called PayPal and they had posted to my account the day before. TD was waiting on nothing. Called back TD and they said order is in order verification and I would have a confirmation in my email by EOD Wednesday. EOD Wednesday, nothing. Called Thursday morning and they sent me to the order verification department, who asked me a bunch of stupid questions for which they already had the information. I told the guy I wanted to cancel the order. He said, Oh, but now I can release it and it will ship today (Thursday) overnight as I had paid for. I verified no less than 5 times with him that the part was in stock and it would ship on Thursday. Thursday night, the order goes into "At Warehouse" and it has still not shipped as of Friday morning. Called them Friday morning and cancelled the order. They said the cancellation would take 24-48 hours to take effect and if the product shipped to refuse the package. As of Friday night, the order is still sitting in the same status as in "At warehouse" and cancellation is not effective yet.

Each time I called them, it took an hour to get through to a human. They made 4 promises they did not keep. So, my week has been 5 hours on the phone, no product, a pack of lies by TigerDirect, a miffed customer, and the worst sales experience I have ever had. It looks like TD does not respond to these reviews so I am at least hoping this persuades folks looking for things to try alternatives.

I ordered the part from Newegg and it had shipped within an hour! Shame on you TigerDirect for scamming customers, not to mention you are price-gouging at $50.00 higher than everyone else. If you cannot deliver, then quit selling. If you don't care about customers who spend tons of money with you, then quit selling.

"They don't even deserve 1 star. I placed an order with them. I received one of the laptops I ordered, but it wasn't evident which one it was so I went to the web to see. It should that the less expensive one had been sent. The other one said that it hadn't been shipped from the drop shipper yet. The next day all of a sudden it appeared the second laptop now had the same shipping number as the first and showed like it had been delivered. I called them about it and was told the more expensive model had been discontinued. He said he would send me the evidence my credit card had not been charged. I looked at the email while he was still on the phone and it showed I had been charged. I then asked for a supervisor. I finally got a supervisor who first said it would be 7-10 days for them to investigate. I said that wasn't going to happen I needed to get a laptop and couldn't have my credit card tied up that long. I called the next day to credit department and was again assured that it would show up 24-48 hours on my credit card. Today more than 10 days afterwards, they send me an email with a document they want me to sign and mail back to them so they can send the serial numbers etc to the FBI for investigation of mail fraud. THEY NEVER SENT IT ORIGINALLY To say the least do not order from TigerDirect"

"Recently our experience with Tiger Direct B2B has been dreadful. Orders are not shipped as promised, tracking system is inaccurate. Placed order for one item for overnite delivery, showed shipped. Did not get it for four days they had no clue as to why it was not shipped, I cancelled the order which they acknowledged, two days later they sent two of the same items. Next order of a different item showed in stock. Ordered for overnite, two days later called them, they said they no longer carry this as it has been discontinued. I re-ordered a substitute replacement item for overnite. two days later both the discontinued part and the substitute were received. I checked the status on their website and it did not even show the item as shipped. Additional billing problem... order fro Tiger Direct receive item from Computer Distribution Center with no Tiger Direct packing slip. Our receiving Dept does not accept packages from senders that do not match the Purchase order exactly."

This review was modified by SPC114 on August 21 2015 03:08:02 AM

"We ordered an IMac 27" from our rep and was informed that it was the newest model. Waited two weeks for it to arrive- when it did it was the Late 2013 model. It's 2015 and this isnt what we paid for. Left her several email messages and a voice message- no response. Still awaiting a response."

"RUN RUN RUN! I've never had a problem with receiving a product and it always arrived promptly. The issue lies in returning an item. The product I bought was defective, and I couldn't return it via the web. Called customer (non)service, waited over 1 hour to talk to someone. They initiated the return through their partner. Never received RMA from their partner, called back sat on hold about 40 minutes, they wanted me to wait again for the reseller, I asked for a supervisor and they gave me an RMA. Shipped the package back, waited a week, no refund. Called, sat on hold 55 minutes, they initiated a refund, now I have to wait up to 3-5 more business days to get refund. The people are pleasant to talk to, but you have to fight tooth and nail to return anything. "

"This has to be by far the worse experience I have ever encountered with a company.
Just when everything seemed to be going just fine, I had an issue with the Drone that I purchased. This is where everything just went downhill. I understand that they drop ship the products, ok fine, they have to get an authorization from the manufacture. But to take close to 3 months to get that authorization, that is insane. Mission Impossible: Trying to get a hold of customer service. You can try, morning, noon, and afternoon...the wait to speak to a live agent is HORRIBLE! I literally spent more than 4 hours altogether trying to speak to somebody in that company. Mission Impossible 2: getting emails answered! If getting a live agent is impossible, getting an email response is far worse! And when they do respond, all you get is a scripted response, we will get back to you. Ahhh, no you don't! By far the worse of the worse! So after several false promises to get my remote replaced, I had enough and called their sales line, of course I got an answer within 2 minutes! Well, I did not get off the line until I spoke to a supervisor...and still did not. The supervisor had the rep tell me he/she was going to personally call the manufacturer to get me a replacement...no, I am not playing that game anymore I told them. I demanded to speak with the supervisor...hiding behind the rep, the supervisor finally agreed to give me a return label and a full refund for the purchase price. Now, a week later, I am waiting on my refund...I wonder how many emails and calls is going to take to get my money back. Word of advice, DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM TIGERDIRECT.COM

"I have never had any problem to TigerDirect even with any rebate . My recent order was the Seiki 24" Class 1080p Widescreen Desktop Monitor - 1920 x 1080, 1x HDMI Port, 16:9, 60Hz, Dual Built-in Speakers - SE24FA01-R Item#: FEI-102840638 | Model#: SE24FA01-R
It got delayed at the warehouse for a while , I sent an email to customer service and John responded to my email quickly . The ordrered monitor was shipped the next bussiness day and updated with free shipping
I will rate 5 stars with no issue order, this order I rate 4 stars for a little delay

This review was modified by bdao98 on August 05 2015 12:49:55 PM

"I have always used tigerdirect. Now there customer service is terrible i needed parts to built 2 computer systems and it to was the worse experience i have ever had trying to get the parts ordered and shipped. I started with ordering it with 2 day shipping needing the order shipped so i could get the machines built in time to ship to my customer and installed. o\late on a friday night i get a email that said my order was on hold awaiting approval. after waiting on hold with tigerdirect for over 1hr there supervisor told me that it wouldn't ship in time to make the date i was shown paying for the 2 day service. I asked to change it to next day and was told that i would have to cancel the order and reorder it do do that. I did and made the order again doing next day air and looking at the delivery date. watching trying to make sure it would ship i seen that it was also on hold. i called them again and it took 50 mins just to get a person on the phone. After explaining what i need and what happened i was told by a supervisor that he would expedite it to make sure it shipped. Guess what it did not. called again talked to yet another supervisor and he told me sorry and they would try to get it out tomorrow that now leaves me no time to build them and get them shipped. I have used tigerdirect for over 10 years and have never had so much poor and uncaring service ever. I will never use them again. and thats a shame they used to be the best company out there for computer parts."

This review was modified by Gerald_W on July 28 2015 01:43:46 PM

"Ref # 1265803
I ordered four packs of Memorex CD labels ($20 ea) 7/16/15 that still have not been delivered. At the checkout, delivery was set for 7/20/15. I went to the website 7/23/15 and it shows those labels in stock and usually available for delivery within 24 hours. I made sure to order them early because I have a job to do in South Florida that require the labels. I spoke with a rep who suggested I cancel the current order and place a new order (now $26 ea). Another rep got on the phone and said that was not the case. Either way, I didn't get assistance in expediting this order for a 7/25/15 delivery. The second rep said they would check into matters but couldn't tell me if someone would get back to me today. I've never had an issue with a TD order in the past but then again, I was never under a time restraint. If the website shows an item as being in stock, then it shouldn't take about two weeks for delivery. If TD is utilizing a third party, which in my case they are, then whose responsibility is it to follow up and make sure the customer gets what was ordered in a timely fashion? If I can't get these labels by tomorrow, I'll be forced to buy locally which is about $54.00 per pack of Stomper 300 labels. Now I'm spending more money while having my monies tied up with the TD order.

"Would not allow me to pick up my item at the UPS Hub, or change the address to my work address. I'm never at home when UPS delivers because I'm at WORK.

30 Minutes on hold on their phone. That's just silly.

What a joke of a company.

This review was modified by Colossal on July 23 2015 06:02:48 AM

"We are tax exempted. I have spend hours trying to be able to talk to someone in TigerDirect without any luck. I have approached them by email. Their email address is invalid. I have tried to cancel the order with no luck. I will never do business with TigerDirect again.

Such a good company turned into a dysfunctional limbo

"These clowns did not even know how to close their retail locations. These guys were the masters of bait and switch, advertising a low price and then having exorbitant shipping costs."

"ITS BEEN 41 DAYS SINCE I ORDERED MY COMPUTERS, I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THEM WITHIN A WEEK AS PROMISED BY TIGER DIRECT, I'VE CALLED THEM 4 TIMES SINCE ORDERING AND ALL THEY GIVE ME IS EXCUSES AND KEEP MAKING EMPTY PROMISES TO ME SAYING THEY WILL EXPEDITE MY ORDER, THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND I AM NOW LOSING MONEY BECAUSE OF TIGER DIRECT. NEVER DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN AND I RECOMMEND YOU FIND YOUR COMPUTER FROM ONE OF THE MANY OTHER DISCOUNT ELECTRONICS WEBSITES, NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT TIGER DIRECT, THANKS FOR THE FRUSTRATION, WASTE OF TIME, AND LOSS OF FINANCES, THANK YOU VERY MUCH TIGER DIRECT *SHAKING MY HEAD*"

This review was modified by ALLENJOHNIAN on July 08 2015 01:21:07 PM

"Never again will I waste my money at this site."

"This is the first time I have written a review of Tigerdirect and I just felt the need to share my experiences. Unfortunately, this is the second time an order from Tigerdirect was delayed for a dropshipper handling it. They can't even track what that shipper is doing. It adds days to the shipping delay they usually have for processing. An order I made last week wasn't even shipped yet due to this delay. Within my order I paid for next day delivery. You have no indication of what goes through a dropshipper and what doesn't, therefore making an order is always a roll of the dice. Amazon and even ebay offers a much better and more honest experience. At this point I would rather use the ultra risky craigslist than Tigerdirect. Customer Service was very nice, but no amount of niceness makes up for a terrible business model and an overall dishonest design that Tigerdirect uses. Keeping customers in the dark until after the purchase about who is really fulfilling an order is a terrible business practice and makes expedited shipping useless. Add my experience to the mountain of much more terrible experiences this company has given to those over the years and it makes you wonder how a company with such a terrible reputation still exists. One more thing, the rebate processing services they use always look for ways to disqualify rebates with fine print and various other ways so good luck getting those honored. I got screwed out of many of those. My only regret is that I kept giving them another chance to improve. After ten years of disappointment when buying from them off and on, I should finally give up on using them. "

This review was modified by DaedalusHelios on July 06 2015 10:49:19 AM

Share TigerDirect / Systemax's store rating

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member
TigerDirect / Systemax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!