• TigerDirect / S

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.96/10 1.96/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.39/10 2.39/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.12/10 2.12/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.34/10 2.34/10

"BEWARE!!.. TigerDirect.com is one of the worst website and company I have ever seen in my entire life, they have 2-3 hours of hold on the phone and then there is no guarantee they would help you, they never answer the call other then you want to purchase something from them. Once you place the order with them then you are stuck with your money and they will never return it. They will treat you like their personal slaves after that. BEWARE!! and never even think of purchasing anytime from them."

"On September 14, I ordered a Dell Optiplex 3020 from Tiger Direct. The salesman, Matt, was very cordial. When I received the computer on September 17, I hooked the computer up and booted up the system. The computer had Windows installed in French. Upon contacting Tiger Direct, I got no decent explanation except to contact Dell and they would help to restore it. Dell informed me that the only thing that I could do is a clean install and stated that they would send me a CD to do this. With another call back to Tiger Direct. no apology, no explanations other than to send it back. Let me say this, each phone call took about 30 minutes to speak with someone. People, like myself, with a very busy life do not have time for this kind of business. So with this being said, I WILL NEVER SHOP TIGER DIRECT AGAIN. "

"Two purchases, two miserable experiences. I had a $100 Amex gift card that I wanted to use to buy a $200 item, and the only way to split the purchase is to first buy a Tigerdirect gift card and then make the purchase with that to cover the first $100. No problem, right? WRONG. While they advertise having immediate email delivery of gift card funds, that could not be more of a lie. First, the payment didn't go through at all, with no email status update for days. After 5 days (three business days, two weekend days) I called customer service...and was on hold for an hour and 45 minutes. They told me, finally, that it needed to be verified and had no explanation as to why I wasn't contacted. The purchase then goes to a third party warehouse who then has to process and ship the physical card, which is when the corresponding email goes out. Finally got the card, and made the purchase...which was supposed to ship "within 24 hours" but actually took 7 days (5 business, 2 weekend). I called customer service numerous times and was never helped (including a nice sounding woman why promised to call me back with an update but never did). Each call lasted over an hour. When it finally came, I wasn't home the first delivery attempt day and tried to have UPS hold the package at the UPS center...and was told that Tigerdirect had forbade such changes and it couldn't be done.

I got my orders, finally, but this is not a good company. Customer service is atrocious, they lie about processing procedure and shipping times, and there was basically nothing I could do about it. Never again.

"Horrible Horrible Horrible. Second time I ordered something with two day shipping only to have it held for a day until someone there called me to verify my credit card. This is the second time they've done this. "

This review was modified by howiem2 on September 15 2015 01:30:54 PM

"I ordered an item then decided to cancel it. I was told to simply refuse the delivery (which I did). Next I ordered the same item but not in a package deal. It was shipped to me quickly and at a good price."

This review was modified by LarryOQ on September 15 2015 02:48:08 AM

"Ordered an in stock item. Paid extra for 2 day shipping.
Next day 'my account' / order status shows the item is backordered.
Never got an email about that as their FAQ says should happen.

Yet the item still clearly shows as in stock on their website.

Spent 80 minutes on hold to cancel the order.
Which is the ONLY way to cancel an order.

They could not cancel the entire order. Only the backordered item.
So i have no idea if anything will show up or not. And the second item is comming from a dropshipper. a fact that was not mentioned ANYWHERE.

I mean i can go order crap from china dropshippers myself. Why deal with tigerdirect at all...

I give them zero stars.
As they are selling an item they don't actually have and could never have delivered in two days.

I'll stick to newegg who has their crap together. They've NEVER let me down.
I should have went there in the first place and saved the hassle.

"Daily POST will begin today!!
If you don't care about when an item arrives you might be ok.
they do have a fun game. at time of sale you get to pick different delivery times. its fun... doesn't mean anything as they have

absolutely no care to actual attempt to make this shipment time frame but its fun!
Tiger direct false advertises items in stock when they have no idea if they are as they are selling third party stuff without your

knowledge of buying from a 3rd party. But when the item is not delivered they than will blame the third part, as they did to google

trust. BBB and google trust complaints filed, letters to senators emailed. They are currently selling the same items again as in stock,

days after ordering item still not shipped. others still not arrived all on 2 day delivery option chosen and accepted at time of sale.

There are numerous charges, credits, exact to my credit card, I will need to hire a math major to figure out if i was charged correctly.

Than again that is if the last part ever ships, actually 2 haven't shipped but 1 isn't a part of the computer build. They advertise the

part I7-6700 in stock in one of their land based stores but yet cant ship that to me which shows they do not care, not that i had a doubt

after talking to them. For anyone seeing the in stock combos involving the i7-6700 dont even think about it, go to a real site that

actually only advertises items that are in fact in stock in stock, dont make the same mistake i did and than have the other sites sell out

and now advertise correctly they are out of stock, while this lying / misleading company continues to advertise in stock when they know it

is not true. Obviously after 6 days it has not shipped the company they are dealing with without your knowledge doesn't have the item, but

they continue to sell the item without your knowledge, do a search for this drop shipper garbage on their site it comes up with nothing.

look at every part of their product page every tab, every word not 1 mention of not buying from tiger direct directly or anything about

this drop shipper, which i have come to mean we don't have the product but wanted you to buy other items so we ordered it through a 3rd

party that you don't know who it is so you cant sue them or us as we have been falsely told it was in stock its not our fault, except when

told of this you continue to sell the item,

"I ordered a product on 8/29/15, was offered $10 off the order, which did not work. I contacted customer support who offered a gift card instead. Waited for shipment for 10 days, didn't happen. Called customer support, they looked into it, said it was in stock and gave me a reference number. 2 days later I get an email saying the order was cancelled because the item was not in stock. The moment I get the email, I check the website and the item still shows in stock. What is going on here?"

This review was modified by micahl88 on September 11 2015 08:58:35 PM

"I have ordered through Tiger Direct for years.......NO MORE ! I have had problems with my purchases and it takes over an hour to get customer service on the line. It is hard for me to wait an hour. After I got a person, and jumped through hoops and waited a week.....and calling them back ....waiting for an hour AGAIN...they finally replaced my item only to have a bad one again.........got the picture? It sucks"

"Ordered 1 Item. Promised ship date was next day, due to paying next day shipping promised delivery date was 2 days after order.

Called on the phone, item hasn't shipped. They don't know where the item is. Since they don't know where it is "they will have to check in 3 to 5 days to see if they can refund me".

This is the 2nd time they have done this. This happened at the start of the year when i tried them... I haven't ordered from them for 10 years due to bad service 10 years ago... Its only gotten worse.

Run away. Newegg, Amazon, Frys, and even Microcenter have better customer service. I don't like the service from the last 2 so thats saying something.

"So, I've ordered off-and-on from TigerDirect for 8 years or so. But it seems that they have gone downhill...

August 25...ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2. Item was listed as "In Stock". Price $349. Purchased with 2-day shipping....and online invoice (R2880341 - confirming/thanking for purchase) and emailed receipt all said purchase validated.

Two days later - Aug 27 - instead of receiving the item I get an email stating that it is now "backordered". What? Well, OK....I'll be patient.

This week, I receive another "backorder notification" email.

I go online to check....and TigerDirect has the item IN STOCK....but now with a different price! $369. And a "limit of 6 per customer"!

I call. 25 minutes on hold. Get some poor customer service rep who states that "the item is backordered". I tell him that it's IN STOCK online. He says he "will tell IT to correct".

I email customer service....and get "the item is backordered".

Today, I go online again....and there it is: IN STOCK....limit 6 per customer. With the higher-than-my-purchased price.

So....it seems that the backorder isn't the item, but the price.

Very disappointing.

I would call it a ruse. Inkling says that TigerDirect is having a cash-flow problem!!

Beware.....be careful...!!

"The most absolute worst experience you can have from an e-tailer. Ordered a product on Saturday with overnight shipping. It is a new product to market and they were the only ones that "supposedly" had them in stock. I'm trying to get a customer's machine completed and shipped by the weekend. On Tuesday morning (3 days later), the order still had not shipped. Called TD and was assured that this would be expedited and I would have a confirmation of shipping by end of day Tuesday. End of Tuesday, nothing. Called Wednesday and the person says that they are awaiting verification from PayPal and that I should call PayPal to move this along. I called PayPal and they had posted to my account the day before. TD was waiting on nothing. Called back TD and they said order is in order verification and I would have a confirmation in my email by EOD Wednesday. EOD Wednesday, nothing. Called Thursday morning and they sent me to the order verification department, who asked me a bunch of stupid questions for which they already had the information. I told the guy I wanted to cancel the order. He said, Oh, but now I can release it and it will ship today (Thursday) overnight as I had paid for. I verified no less than 5 times with him that the part was in stock and it would ship on Thursday. Thursday night, the order goes into "At Warehouse" and it has still not shipped as of Friday morning. Called them Friday morning and cancelled the order. They said the cancellation would take 24-48 hours to take effect and if the product shipped to refuse the package. As of Friday night, the order is still sitting in the same status as in "At warehouse" and cancellation is not effective yet.

Each time I called them, it took an hour to get through to a human. They made 4 promises they did not keep. So, my week has been 5 hours on the phone, no product, a pack of lies by TigerDirect, a miffed customer, and the worst sales experience I have ever had. It looks like TD does not respond to these reviews so I am at least hoping this persuades folks looking for things to try alternatives.

I ordered the part from Newegg and it had shipped within an hour! Shame on you TigerDirect for scamming customers, not to mention you are price-gouging at $50.00 higher than everyone else. If you cannot deliver, then quit selling. If you don't care about customers who spend tons of money with you, then quit selling.

"They don't even deserve 1 star. I placed an order with them. I received one of the laptops I ordered, but it wasn't evident which one it was so I went to the web to see. It should that the less expensive one had been sent. The other one said that it hadn't been shipped from the drop shipper yet. The next day all of a sudden it appeared the second laptop now had the same shipping number as the first and showed like it had been delivered. I called them about it and was told the more expensive model had been discontinued. He said he would send me the evidence my credit card had not been charged. I looked at the email while he was still on the phone and it showed I had been charged. I then asked for a supervisor. I finally got a supervisor who first said it would be 7-10 days for them to investigate. I said that wasn't going to happen I needed to get a laptop and couldn't have my credit card tied up that long. I called the next day to credit department and was again assured that it would show up 24-48 hours on my credit card. Today more than 10 days afterwards, they send me an email with a document they want me to sign and mail back to them so they can send the serial numbers etc to the FBI for investigation of mail fraud. THEY NEVER SENT IT ORIGINALLY To say the least do not order from TigerDirect"

"Recently our experience with Tiger Direct B2B has been dreadful. Orders are not shipped as promised, tracking system is inaccurate. Placed order for one item for overnite delivery, showed shipped. Did not get it for four days they had no clue as to why it was not shipped, I cancelled the order which they acknowledged, two days later they sent two of the same items. Next order of a different item showed in stock. Ordered for overnite, two days later called them, they said they no longer carry this as it has been discontinued. I re-ordered a substitute replacement item for overnite. two days later both the discontinued part and the substitute were received. I checked the status on their website and it did not even show the item as shipped. Additional billing problem... order fro Tiger Direct receive item from Computer Distribution Center with no Tiger Direct packing slip. Our receiving Dept does not accept packages from senders that do not match the Purchase order exactly."

This review was modified by SPC114 on August 21 2015 03:08:02 AM

"We ordered an IMac 27" from our rep and was informed that it was the newest model. Waited two weeks for it to arrive- when it did it was the Late 2013 model. It's 2015 and this isnt what we paid for. Left her several email messages and a voice message- no response. Still awaiting a response."

Share TigerDirect / Systemax's store rating

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect / Systemax is not a merchant member
TigerDirect / Systemax does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!