Stores > TigerDirect

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10

Excellent store

"Good store and good prices I built my PC bough all parts this store."

This review was modified by Jacob101916 on October 18 2016 09:34:18 PM

"I don't get it with the bad reviews: I have ordered a bunch of things over the last few years, and also had to return one item (my fault, not theirs). They shipped quickly, the stuff was well packaged, it was exactly what I had ordered, and my one return was quick and good. I will continue to order computer parts from them---"

"EVERYDAY?!? Do you really expect to get business when you are asked to stop, demanded to stop and you wont stop??
They begin the email with a BIG FAT LIE:
"PERMISSION SETTINGS: Our records indicate you have opted-in to the TigerDirect Business mailing list with the following email address: _______________________"
I have NOT opted-in, nor have I even VISITED their site!
I've gotten an email from them EVERY DAY.
I dont know how they even got my email address
I dont use it (my work email) address for anything at all... EXCEPT work - and yet I receive SPAM, like this, EVERY SINGLE DAY.
They may view this as "Targeted" mail... but it comes to me as "Just Another Piece of Spam" and carries no more weight than that.
They may want to reconsider from whom you buy your email lists. They are obscenely over-selling them!! There are HUNDREDS of others with my address & many now hit me up EVERY DAY!!!
I've demanded to be removed from ALL of to which they've subscribed me.
I set up an email rule & they get around it, somehow!
NEVER do business with a SPAMMER!!!!!!!!!

This review was modified by SJSooze on August 25 2016 06:12:11 AM

Don't believe what they tell you!

"Been a TD customer for at least 10 years and have usually been happy with their service, even on the occasional return.
WTF happened!
I ordered a computer on 8/7. Item in stock, Paid with the same Visa I have used with them for years. Item would be shipped (for $27) next day.
8/11 I had received nothing and no delivery tracking provided.
Checked order on-line - "Waiting for customer confirmation" WTF!
Phoned Customer Service who, after 20 mins, referred me to their "Credit department" (different phone number)
Eventually got a representative who told me it was fraud prevention.
Errrr, excuse me, I have been a customer for over 10 years. If selected for a secondary check why was I not informed but had to find out for myself!
Received an email - item is now showing backordered! It wasn't backordered when I paid for it!
8/12 - Phoned CS to cancel order. Supposedly done - no problem.
8/13 - email confirming my order but was still backordered!! Grrrr!
No CS phone at weekends so I sent an email via their site asking them to confirm cancellation.
To my surprise I got a reply confirming it was cancelled!
Waiting for the pending charge to drop off my Credit Card - we shall see.

Similar computer now on its way from Newegg. First time dealing with them but with a ResellerRatings score of 9.2/10 rating versus TDs 1.3/10 I am optimistic it will be OK.

Bye bye Tiger-Direct. I'll watch for the "Going out of Business" notice in the papers!

Tiger Direct could teach Comcast about bad customer service.

"Ordered a new computer for my daughter from Tiger Direct. I paid extra for second day shipping because she needs it for a class. Two days after the order is placed, it still has not shipped. So I call their customer service to ask why not, they say I need to call the credit card department. So I go into my checking and see the money has been deducted. When I explain that, all I hear is I need to contact the credit card department. So I said just cancel the order. The CSR says she will, but an hour later, it is still showing active. I call back, and am told I cannot speak to a supervisor. So I try calling the credit card department, and I have been holding for over an hour, and still have not spoken to anyone. I am calling my bank and making a fraud claim against Tiger Direct now."

This review was modified by ballplayer60410 on July 07 2016 07:48:23 AM

Deceitful sales practice

"In January 2016 I called Tiger Direct to purchase a laptop. I gave the sales person the minimum specs required for my needs. Unknown to me, they sold me a laptop that did not meet my specs. Additionally I was told the graphics card was upgradable and today they told me it is not. TWO LIES. I contacted customer service and was told nothing could be done. Unacceptable."

This review was modified by Luis001 on April 15 2016 06:24:33 PM

"I ordered a tv set from TigerDirect,it arrived on time and it was in perfect condition"

Always satisfied

"I have ordered through tiger direct many times over the years, and have never had an issue. I am very surprised to see the negative reviews. Always a happy customer when I order through them."

This review was modified by gregw81 on March 12 2016 08:11:51 PM

Terrible - I Am Reporting Them To My Local Consumer Group

"I have had the most frustrating and horrible experience with TigerDirect as I have tried to return unopened/unused merchandise ordered by mistake. Emails, phone calls, escalation to supervisors - nothing has helped me return the good. I started the return process 21 days after purchase and I still can't get satisfaction. Shame on them -- I will never do business with them again. They are burning a hole in my pocket. "

"je suis satisfaite des commandes que j'ai fait de chez light in the box. du point de vu qualité ou service je le recommande à tout le monde et même je l'ai recommandé à mes copines."

Item order placed, item backordered, item canceled...no notice

"Tiger Direct seems to be in the habit of selling things that they do not have in stock. I ordered a cable, several days later I received an email telling me they have run out of the cable and they would be getting in additional cables and they would be shipping mine out soon. So I waited and waited, until today I checked the order status. CANCELed posted on the order status. I did not receive any email's informing of the this. What a way to run a company........into the ground."

Gone hugely downhill

"It has become apparent that they are no longer selective in the quality of their merchandise. Anything goes to make a buck.

I've made purchases from these guys for 15 years. Now I'm done. The sell complete crap and a lot of it is not even eligible for return. Bought a tablet (DOPO = Double power = also crap) that is DOA. Tiger direct claims no returns, manufacture warranty only. Manufacture gives huge run around and I have to pay shipping.

My son got the tablet for Christmas and said, "Santa's elves make bad presents!" TigerDirect and China have something in common - they either don't celebrate it, or they ruin it.

No refund given for a canceled order until I emailed them - Really? Yes, really!

"I purchased something from Tiger Direct on December 11, 2015, from one of their eBay listings. The order was canceled on December 16. (Why it took them five days to figure out that they did not have the item in stock is another matter.)

Because the transaction was on eBay, the payment was made instantly using PayPal. I never saw a refund for the purchase, and I finally emailed them on January 9, 2016. Despite the transaction number - which presumably has the details of my transaction - they replied that I should not have been charged at all. So much for their customer service.

My email asked for an immediate refund, and my refund via PayPal finally showed up on January 15th, 2016. ("Tiger Direct, Inc. just sent you a refund")

I will post these details to as many forums as possible. There is no excuse for such shoddy business practices, and I won't bother buying anything from them again - directly or via eBay.

They have and deserve their low reseller rating for a reason. If you happen to have a decent, straightforward transaction with them, consider yourself lucky - but don't kid yourself that this seller does business in a way that's ethical or has any interest in improving the way it does business: the numbers say otherwise. I'm sorry that I didn't check them out first.

My time and yours is always going to be worth much more the hassle of having to deal with a merchant like Tiger Direct and the small amount of money saved.

This review was modified by kazie on January 15 2016 06:35:47 PM

Internal Hot Swap Tray

"I just received my purchase from Tiger Direct, and the product that was sent to me was defective, the seal on the box was cut, the product smelled burnt and they wont do anything about it. When I called they told me that I had to deal with manufacturer but when I called during hours of operation the automated service said they were closed. what kind of company is tiger direct to deal with some fly by night company like this! Not a good company. I gave one star because it is the only way to post this review "

"Wow, I was surprised to see so many negative comments about Tiger Direct. I've been buying from them for years, and have almost always been happy with their service and prices. I've had a few duds, and they exchanged or refunded them quickly and with ease.

I guess everyone doesn't have the same experiences with a vendor, but these guys are my go-to when I'm looking for good gear at good prices. I've been extremely lucky with them on refurbished items. Highly recommend.

Share TigerDirect's store rating

TigerDirect is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect is not a merchant member
TigerDirect does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!