• Address: 55 East Beaver Creek Road
    • Fax: 905-477-9239

Product & services pricing Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"Ordered a monitor and extended warranty (sucker!), only once payment was processed did I learn that the monitor was back-ordered/no longer available. Now I'm stuck with an Extended Protection plan for an item I don't have. Still have not been able to contact anyone at TigerDirect. Next time I'll pay a bit more money and get my order from Amazon (2day shipping!). "

modified review This review was modified by gtottawa on July 01 2014 08:31:49 PM

"Do not purchase items from this company. Awful customer service and it will take ages to get your item, if you ever do. I did not.

I placed an order for 4 ezra dining room chairs (set of 2) on January 29th 2014. The only correspondence I received from TigerDirect.ca was my initial confirmation of order email and many spam emails about offers. According to the website, the chairs usually ship within 5-7 business days, but the estimated delivery time was set to Feb 18th. Having not heard anything from them past this date I contacted customer service. They seemed to have little knowledge of my order and were unhelpful, however told me the item was in stock and I should wait for an email regarding shipment. No e mail received. So a week and a half later I call again. Politely ask about my order, that no email was received and I am still waiting on my order with no word. He again confirmed it was in stock but he would e-mail me...this time he would make sure of it.
I am a firm believer on treating others with respect so I am generally polite to customer service agents as I know it is not their fault for the faults of the company, but it is their job to be courteous and provide the customer with information. i called today as at this point I am frustrated, 41 days and no word about my chairs. I was met with a rather rude agent named Sharon, who gave me several conflicting sets of information. She stated the items were out of stock and they had put an order in on March 5th. When I questioned why if I ordered the item January 29th that only on March 5th they decided to place the order I was met with silence. She then stated I would have to wait for a reply as they emailed a third party who supply the chairs and they have not responded. When asked how long I would have to wait she said thursday, then tuesday. She was very rude, left me with frequent silent moments when I was not sure if I was on hold or the call dropped. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she stated they were all engaged in a call. I said I would wait, she again attempted to reiterate that I would have to wait for an e mail. She would not put me through to a supervisor. Finally she agreed to look...left me on hold for 5 minutes to come back and say there is no supervisor.
I cancelled my order in the end.
As I have no other way to speak to someone who is in charge and I have been refused, I will warn others to not purchase from this company. They will waste your time and money. I hope the return has been processed correctly. Another thing I will have to worry about.

modified review This review was modified by jstar9933 on March 10 2014 03:41:12 PM

"Went to Mississauga store to buy a computer. Found one refurbished with CAD 299. When checking out, the computer is actually 149. Good deal. But the sales person came over and said I have to buy a bundle with 2 years warranty and a software. Well, OK, if that's the rule, then I have to follow. Paid full amount of computer + warranty + software.
Went back home, checking online, and found that was totally not the case. The computer can be purchased alone. Went back to store asked why, the sales guy said "that's the rule in our store, if you don't like it, go somewhere else!" WTF!

modified review This review was modified by uniform2008 on February 27 2014 09:51:37 AM

"The customer service is terrible. Ordered an item with 1-3 day shipping estimate. Two weeks later nothing. Contact them at least fifteen times to hear that it's back ordered from the manufacturer. Fine. Two more weeks pass and I get charged for the item and website says it shipped. They tracking code however shows it was delivered before it even shipped. Two more weeks of contacting them for a tracking number, being told I should wait 24-48 hours and then hear nothing back. Sent an email asking what the status was and get a response saying "I see your issue was resolved, is there anything else I can help you with?" Still don't have my item that I was charged for. Still have to fight with them. Worst company ever. I am going to devote my evening to posting my review in as many places I can find. "

modified review This review was modified by JayBeezzz on February 14 2014 09:54:52 PM

"I like my HP Pavilion 27xi, got it on sale for a decent price.

I did not like dealing with Tiger Direct, it is IMO a terrible company and the worst I've ever used to purchase computer accessories online. Yes, the order came before the estimated date. Yes, the product is in good condition. but, Yes, there was fine print I did not see until the order was put in. All of a sudden, "this item is not returnable. Inspect product before accepting from UPS. If it doesn't work, deal with manufacturer." This definitely kept me on my toes hoping not to get a DOA. What kind of company does that, really. I would have never purchased this if it was made clear to me before I purchased that it was not returnable. And yes simply because of this I will never order from Tiger Direct again.

I wrote this review on Tiger Direct but i fully expect they will delete it!

If you do decide to order from them, BEWARE THE FINE PRINT. Verify returnability.

"While it may be ok to purchase small items, BEWARE there is a huge 15% restocking fee that they will hold against you if you want to return something.

Purchased TV and ended up keeping it even though I did not like it just because I did not want to return the TV and be out of $150.

I simply call it theft and will definitely go shopping another retailer that I can return the item if I do not like it. Especially with TV's - you have to spend at least a couple of days and try different types of video to really test the picture quality and response.

Please be aware if their practice and inform as many people as you know so they do not make the same mistake. Shame on you Tiderdirect!!!!!

modified review This review was modified by CuriousShopper on January 13 2014 05:12:51 PM

"By far the WORST customer service I have experienced in any industry. Shipped "In stock" items came weeks late, some items broken, and they are absolutely insulting with their email replies to customer complaints and requests. I spent a decent amount of money with them, and I regret every dime. Will never purchase from, recommend, or support this company again, and am in fact, still arguing trying to get some of my money back. Really sucks because their prices really are not that bad, could be a great company if it had any sense of service."

"This is a review of the TigerDirect US site since they have reviews disabled for them and they're owned by the same parent company. $29 item (USB drive) missing from the package and they're making me jump though INCREDIBLE hoops to get it replaced. The absolute WORST customer service I've seen. I've bought a number of things from TigerDirect but won't make that mistake again. You wouldn't believe how insulting and hard to deal with they've been. Wish I could leave negative numbers for this vendor."

"HORRIBLE customer service, IMPOSSIBLE to place an order. 3 weeks and I got something, singular, I didn't order in place of 3 items I wanted and they sent me an email telling me I already have what I ordered and that it shipped 10 days ago, 7 days before the replacement order was actually made!!
When I contacted them, they said that if I checked the (incorrect) email they sent: I DID in fact get the items I ordered!!
And this included EIGHTY minutes on the phone to make the order!!
A
V
O
I
D
like the plague!!!!

I'd have pick NO stars in some of the fields but that's not an option here.
Here's a review of the American parent company.
Apple falls not far from the tree.

modified review This review was modified by DarthSmiley on November 11 2013 08:58:49 AM

"very poor customer service.
Unmotivated staff with material showing available on their website but after two weeks of waiting for the order they recognize they don't have the item. and they only recognize this after I call and follow up.

modified review This review was modified by olympian on September 07 2013 01:39:44 PM

"Absolute nightmare, from order to delivery. After 4 weeks, 4 phone calls, 4x promises I'm still waiting for my refund for one of the returned items. Every time I call they tell me that the refund was done "today", 4 weeks later and I still don't have my money back. Sales support is very friendly but nothing else. They tell you what you want to hear, lots of hot air, just to get rid of you asap. I will NEVER buy here again. I would not recommend this chaotic place to anyone."

modified review This review was modified by Wildnis on July 24 2013 08:48:45 PM

"Extremely good service and great personnel! Prices are very competitive and a very good selection with lots of tech support if needed.
Nothing but praise from me!!

"my item had a $40 rebate, but I waited over 2 months and the rebate never came, I called them and the rebate centre said that had not processed it (even though their policy states that it takes maximum 6 weeks), it's a rip off, tigerdirect was of no help at all."

modified review This review was modified by sahands on June 16 2013 06:38:48 AM

"I ave been dealing with Tigerdirect for years and have always had great service, both online and instore. I recommend it to all my friends and family."

"Packaging and delivery time was fine. But the package was just drop off in front of the door without even ringing the doorbell!"

TigerDirect.ca (Canada only) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect.ca (Canada only) is not a merchant member
TigerDirect.ca (Canada only) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!