• TigerDirect.ca
    • Fax: 905-477-9239

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.19/10 0.19/10

"Where do I even START. Placed an order on Friday April 17th on an item that would "ship within 24 hours." Well, it's a weekend - so hey, we expect that by the following Tuesday, we'll hear something. Well, Tuesday comes and goes, then Wednesday...and hey, it's Thursday: what's our order status? I give their superb (I use this word loosely) customer service line a ring. They apologize and advise that the item was delayed and it would ship from their warehouse within 2-3 business days. Okay, fine. The weekend comes and goes, we're back at Tuesday the 21st...order status online is still pending, I give them another call: again, they apologize and advise: "sorry, the item will be on backorder until May 11th. Would you like another item recommendation?" "No. Cancel the order." So, I'm thinking now, all is fine and well. The order is cancelled, my boyfriend and I start investigating other computer options from other vendors. Saturday morning (the 25th) arrives... accompanied by an email advising that our item has shipped. Now, I'm sorry: When I look at the calendar, it advises it's not only not May, it's April 25th: did you magically come across stock? Did you completely disregard my cancellation request? I give them a call: "Sorry, the item shipped before we could process the cancellation. Just refuse the product when it arrives." Lovely. Okay. Apparently you've failed to realize you can intercept items from UPS, but I suspect you're all incredibly lazy, so no worries, I'll do it your way. I still can't get this company out of life. UPS arrives on Monday, computer in tow, I advise them I don't want the package and to return it to wherever it came from. Sure, no problem. I monitor it online, UPS returns it...I check my credit card statement on the 29th, what do you know: $2300 charge on my card. I'm livid. I not only DON'T have this computer, I've abided by their every request to try to have this item returned. Give them another call: "oh, sorry. Yes, you're right. We do have the item: let me open a refund ticket for you..." FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. CAN YOU PEOPLE DO ANYTHING RIGHT? It'll be 24 - 72 business hours before I'll "Receive an email confirming my refund" and another 3-5 business days before my refund is issued. Two words for you Tiger Direct: NEVER AGAIN. "

modified review This review was modified by Mayunator on April 29 2015 07:26:30 AM

"Horrible experience. They said my order didn't go through the banking, however when I called TD 5 minutes later they said everything was fine on their end and that the money went through. They were puzzled why Tiger direct said the money didn't go through. I have my order cancelled and am out $800.00"

"I used to order regularly from Tiger Direct, up until last time where a simple problem happened, IMO, they should have fixed it, but instead, I had to deal multiple times with their clueless customer service reps canned messages. And they never fixed the issue, so the lost a customer for good."

"DO NOT purchase anything from TigerDirect.ca.
Incredibly incompetent and unprofessional customer service and just overall handling of their business.
They charged me for express shipment (extra 30$) but sent the delivery with standard shipment. Admitted their mistake, asked me to call back upon arrival of the shipment for refund. I called, was on the phone again for an hour. The did not refund me for the difference. The whole time they even accepted that they made the mistake.

modified review This review was modified by jimmy34 on February 19 2015 11:12:18 AM

"Terrible return policy. First they do not accept online returns at their retail stores like most others. Second you have to ship back at your expense and only after you call with your tracking number do they process the return. I had to rummage in my trash can after I realized they had not refunded me one month later. Will never use again."

"Beware! I was promised a price match refund and despite many calls to their office, no follow up and no refund. Our account manager Manav Relan did nothing for us and even stopped responding to emails."

"I purchased a Dell desktop computer from tiger direct. The computer and monitor are mounted together. When I pulled it out of the box tge monitor fell off because the screws were not installed properly. The cord for the monitor was missing. I called customer service and was told it that it wasn't there problem and I had to contact another company. I was able to dig up a cord and turn it on to find that the software isn't installed properly. Called customer service again and was told I could return it at my expense All I really have to say is tiger direct f**k you"

modified review This review was modified by Abpla on January 29 2015 06:53:42 PM

"I ordered online, credit went through no problem, Visa Verification no problem. And yet TigerDirect did not ship my order!

Only when I went to check the status of the order did I see this message: "Please Call - This order is on hold, pending customer response. Please call 1.800.800.8300 to expedite your order processing." WTF!?!

Meanwhile, in the interim I had received two automated emails informing me that my order had been successfully received and processed.

Apparently due to fraud, TigerDirect requires all large online orders to call and provide their credit card number a second time over the phone. That in and of itself is frustrating - but even more so since they never communicated to me that my order was not being shipped.

Stupid process and no respect for the customer.

You have lost a loyal customer today.

modified review This review was modified by unhappywithtd on January 19 2015 03:04:26 PM

"I've been ordering online for 10 years and this company is the worst I've ever done business with. 1. They advertise items "in stock, ships in 24 hours" when this is not true. Do not believe anything they advertise about stock status. The truth is, their stuff ships from a "third party" in China and takes WEEKS to ship, much less arrive! 2. They add an "item" to your order with no explanation. You have to call them to find out it's an eco fee. Then *make sure you check your government eco fee website* because TigerDirect overcharged me and they'll do the same to you. 3. They advertise "your account won't be charged until we ship your order" - but then they bill your credit card for the eco fee immediately. So your card gets billed at least twice. 3. Then when you complain about anything or try to cancel your order, you get excuses about third parties and 3-day response times. Call twice and you will get two different stories. Staff don't know what they're talking about. 4. I had to call twice and threaten a chargeback to cancel my order, and then they told me it will take 3 days to "send the request to their third party warehouse". 5. TigerDirect.ca is not a real company! They are a front for shady Chinese junk peddlers. That's why they will NEVER tell you who they really are. There are plenty of Chinese online vendors who offer the same stuff in the same timeframe, but with far better customer service. And - no eco fees."

"Terrible customer service. I placed an order, which never arrived after 9 days, so was forced to call in to their customer service when I discovered that the online order tracking did not work.

Customer service told me that the order was cancelled and that they could not tell me why. When I asked them how I could find out, he told me I could call back tomorrow. I asked him why he couldn't just tell me now as opposed to calling back, and he very sarcastically told me that he could transfer me to the closed verification department.

He then transferred me to sales where the next customer service rep proceeded to ask me the same questions as him and then mysteriously lose his connection and hang up on me.

Terrible customer service, I would not use their service again.

modified review This review was modified by bitterabouttigerdirect on January 06 2015 08:32:47 PM

"If you don't want found problems ,wasting lot of your time, just don't buy here (I can't receive my money for defective item).Now my claim is escalated with PayPal but I am not sure about getting my money back."

modified review This review was modified by amball on December 21 2014 09:03:42 AM

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! They "shipped" my item to a warehouse, sent it via Purolator and somehow "lost the tracking number" meaning my product went completely missing. I was patient and waited 2 weeks. After 10 days worth of calls to try and figure out what happened to it they finally "opened a ticket number" to investigate. This took over 1.5 hours. They offered nothing except a replacement that would take over a week to arrive. "

modified review This review was modified by Sscott328 on December 17 2014 03:33:12 PM

"Robert Manley -
Not very happy. The amount that they removed from my Visa was $100.00+ dollars more then I authorized (is this not fraud). So I called within 5 minutes and they said it was cancelled. I called for four days straight and they said that the delay was in my financial institution. Called the VISA fraud department and they said that they were lying to me that Visa does not hold your returned funds. Called them back and they said they would get me a Visa cancellation number and mail it to me. Did not so phoned them and they said they had there Visa cancellation number. Phoned Visa fraud department and they said that was Tiger directs internal number and they were lying that their is no such reference number. So if they did not have this reference number before they were just lying again and never cancelled the payment just the order in the first place. I am a computer programmer and send them a lot of business this will never happen again.
I had to come back two days have passed since they gave me their internal proof of repayment. I have not received the money. I would think that maintaining a customer would be better than a few cents interest. Absolutely disgusted with their lies.

modified review This review was modified by Robert-Manley on December 04 2014 04:05:30 PM

"Bought a GeForce 970 MSI through TigerDirect. They had it in stock at a decent price and shipping was free. It took about 4 days to reach me which was fine. After ordering it Nvidia decided to do a promotion where any card you order comes with a free game. I had ordered mine before the promotional start date but after contacting them they still honored the promotion. It took about 5 days but they did email me the code for a free game.

Good service overall and I was happy with the results, will shop there again in the future.

modified review This review was modified by Vernoz on November 13 2014 12:07:08 PM

"Does anyone in customer service at TigerDirect.ca have higher than a grade 3 reading comprehension?

I have been trying to return a HDD to them for the past 2 months which they sent in error because a TigerDirect.ca agent started the return process for the HDD which was shipped, and shipped a second... just 'cause!

I stopped phoning them so I would have a transcript of the conversation to give to the VP and General Manager of TigerDirect.ca. I'm going to phone him at home (should I post his home phone number and address here? Probably not.), and mail him the conversation I've been having with customer service tomorrow (Monday), 'cause I'm not that much of an jerk to phone him on the weekend.

So now, I have a second HDD sitting unopened , waiting for labels... will they ever come? I doubt it. When I phone the VP tomorrow, I'm going to suggest that I just get to keep it - FOR FREE!

I checked the box asking if TigerDirect.ca asked me to write this review because they actually did! I wish I could post the entire chain of emails back and forth since September to show how terrible the customer service at TigerDirect.ca really is!

Here's the email I received.

***
Hello,
It's gratifying to know that our efforts have not gone unnoticed. Please feel free to visit http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Tiger_Direct to share your Tiger Direct experience with others about the service you have received.

All comments and suggestions are very important to our infrastructure as a company. These observations allow us to develop our communication with our customers and to bring the level of service and quality to a standard that's higher than that of most computer companies today."

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

I. C.
***

The best part of this whole email conversation is that fact that an agent admitted to me that when you fill out the fields on the TigerDirect.ca email page of their website, asking for order number, part number, phone number, etc..., the TigerDirect.ca agents don't receive that information. They only get the body of the email. I'm pretty sure that's standard for all companies. The number of times I've carefully entered comparable information in others' websites, I find the agents I end up speaking with ask me again for everything! I have started refusing to respond, saying only that I already provided the system with that information, but no one has actually admitted that they don't get that info!

I would also ask that resellerratings.com give the reviewer the option of giving a zero star rating. The reviewer can select 'Don't Know' as a response, but without a zero response, the survery isn't very scientific.

To all of my survey responses, please subtract one star to properly rate TigerDirect.ca, because giving them one star is way too generous!

modified review This review was modified by VromTramchick on November 02 2014 02:26:46 PM

Share TigerDirect.ca (Canada only)'s store rating

TigerDirect.ca (Canada only) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect.ca (Canada only) is not a merchant member
TigerDirect.ca (Canada only) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!