• TigerDirect.ca

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.04/10 1.04/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10

2015-07-27

"I have been ordering from TD for many years. Everything from barebones computers to printers, cables, monitors and so on. Never have I ever had as much trouble as I have had this last go-a-round.
I ordered another barebones kit for a friend. Well due to TD's new computer system anything that went into backorder was automatically displayed as customer cancelled, so nothing gets shipped even when it's restocked. And by the time I realized what had happened almost every part of the barebones kit was either out of stock or no longer available. So another round of phone calls and sitting on hold, (thank god for speaker phones). I tried to get all the parts, but it was not going to happen. So the order was cancelled.
I then, ordered another barebones kit, sympathizing with them about their new computer system issues. Like I said I've never had anything like this happen before in all the years I've been ordering from them.
Well, everything arrives, except the case and the hard-drive. Well, you can't build a computer without either. So after another round of emails and phone calls, I was told everything was on it's way.
Well, that was a load of poppy-cock! The case was shipped, and then it was cross docked with an non UPS carrier and I lost track of it until, again I contacted TD, and was told that once it was shipped from the non UPS shipper they would send me the UPS numbers. It was over a week I waited for the updated numbers, and I still had heard nothing. Once AGAIN, I contacted TD threatening them with bad reviews and such, and within minutes I received the updated tracking numbers. And I received a shipping update for the case. But nothing on the hard drive. But I decided to give them some time to get the word out to the NON UPS shipper. Needless to say, just the other day, I checked once again and nothing. I again contacted TD to find out what was happening with my hard drive, threatening to post a negative review on every and any website I could find.
Needless to say, you obviously know the end of this story. My hard drive is still somewhere out there in limbo, nowhere near it's final destination. As far as I know.

This review was modified by Gypsywindrl on July 27 2015 10:03:48 AM

2015-07-14

"Terrible terrible TERRIBLE. Do not place any orders online with this company. Their delivery times are 3x longer than any other company I have ordered from.

I ordered online June 16th, and paid for 5 business day shipping. The website said that all items were in stock.

They were not - they had to be cross shipped to their central warehouse from all across the country (all 3 items) which took over a week. Then, the order sat there for 2 weeks and never shipped. I called 4 times (30 minute wait each time) and the customer service reps could only give me a scripted answer that they were unable to confirm delivery times, and that there were delays due to annual inventory count.

If your company takes 2 weeks to do an inventory count, everyone in the warehouse should be fired on the spot.

So I cancelled me order then and there. "OK sir, we understand. The order is now cancelled, your refund will be processed in 48 hours"

I then ordered from NCIX.com. Cheaper prices, and my items arrived next day (for the same shipping cost).

To my surprise, I also got part of my TigerDirect.ca order a few days later. So much for cancelling my order. The customer service reps are completely incompetent.

1 week later, I still do not have my refund for the articles that I never received, nor do I have the RMA to return the articles that they sent me days after I cancelled my order.

Save yourselves the headache and avoid this horrible company."

This review was modified by nastafarian on July 14 2015 12:37:21 PM

2015-07-14

"Ordered a laptop mid June. Estimated delivery June 27. After many phone calls, sitting on hold for 30-45 minutes each time, no laptop almost 1 month later. First agent said he would call me with order status, he never called back. 2nd agent told me laptop was backordered although it showed in stock online. Then 3rd agent told me it wasn't backordered and it would ship immediately. Checked my order status this morning and shows credit card declined which is unbelievable and to call the 800 number to expedite the shipping process. Another 30 minute wait, 4th agent told me my order had been cancelled. Would not let me talk to a supervisor. Told me I had to start all over again and reorder. Apologized for any inconvenience.......really????? STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!"

This review was modified by MacBeth on July 14 2015 06:30:06 AM

2015-07-08

"Have the same experience as mcintyrecam. Placed an order on June 18 and had to call 3 times to find out what they were doing. The last item of the order is supposed to arrive July 10. I have been buying from them for years and have never had such poor service before. Something must have changed in the company ! Guess Newegg will be getting a lot more of my business."

2015-07-06

"I have used tiger direct for many computer purchases and they have always been fine. This last purchase will definitely make me go to another competitor. Today is July 6th and I have not yet received one of the components I ordered, It is almost a month since placed my original order. I have called into customer support 3 times, each time waiting over 20 minutes to talk to someone and then be put on hold further after each inquiry. Waiting 30 minutes on the phone only to be told, that it should ship in the next day or two is just bad service. "

2015-06-26

"In the last 20 years, the worst experience I had in web e-commerce. My order was shipped at the wrong address. I sent two e-mails to inform them that they were not shipping my order at the address they had in my invoice, one to tell them that it has been shipped at a wrong address (not the one the had in my invoice). No answer or at least a response that they have my request in consideration...I call them and after 1 hour of waiting on the line, I decided that I have lost my money and had to count this experience as an accident. Usually web business on the web are very responsive but not TigerDirect! If you do business with them, cross your finger, you might be luky. Or buy a lotery ticket! Good luck!"

2015-06-17

"Bought a GeForce through TigerDirect. They had it in stock at a decent price. It took about 1 week to reach me which was fine. The card was supposed to come with a code for a free game but apparently I was just at the edge of the end of the promotion and the card arrived without any code. I contacted them to reclaim it and another week after I had this code.

I was happy with the service"

2015-04-29

"Where do I even START. Placed an order on Friday April 17th on an item that would "ship within 24 hours." Well, it's a weekend - so hey, we expect that by the following Tuesday, we'll hear something. Well, Tuesday comes and goes, then Wednesday...and hey, it's Thursday: what's our order status? I give their superb (I use this word loosely) customer service line a ring. They apologize and advise that the item was delayed and it would ship from their warehouse within 2-3 business days. Okay, fine. The weekend comes and goes, we're back at Tuesday the 21st...order status online is still pending, I give them another call: again, they apologize and advise: "sorry, the item will be on backorder until May 11th. Would you like another item recommendation?" "No. Cancel the order." So, I'm thinking now, all is fine and well. The order is cancelled, my boyfriend and I start investigating other computer options from other vendors. Saturday morning (the 25th) arrives... accompanied by an email advising that our item has shipped. Now, I'm sorry: When I look at the calendar, it advises it's not only not May, it's April 25th: did you magically come across stock? Did you completely disregard my cancellation request? I give them a call: "Sorry, the item shipped before we could process the cancellation. Just refuse the product when it arrives." Lovely. Okay. Apparently you've failed to realize you can intercept items from UPS, but I suspect you're all incredibly lazy, so no worries, I'll do it your way. I still can't get this company out of life. UPS arrives on Monday, computer in tow, I advise them I don't want the package and to return it to wherever it came from. Sure, no problem. I monitor it online, UPS returns it...I check my credit card statement on the 29th, what do you know: $2300 charge on my card. I'm livid. I not only DON'T have this computer, I've abided by their every request to try to have this item returned. Give them another call: "oh, sorry. Yes, you're right. We do have the item: let me open a refund ticket for you..." FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. CAN YOU PEOPLE DO ANYTHING RIGHT? It'll be 24 - 72 business hours before I'll "Receive an email confirming my refund" and another 3-5 business days before my refund is issued. Two words for you Tiger Direct: NEVER AGAIN. "

This review was modified by Mayunator on April 29 2015 07:26:30 AM

2015-04-16

"Horrible experience. They said my order didn't go through the banking, however when I called TD 5 minutes later they said everything was fine on their end and that the money went through. They were puzzled why Tiger direct said the money didn't go through. I have my order cancelled and am out $800.00"

2015-02-25

"I used to order regularly from Tiger Direct, up until last time where a simple problem happened, IMO, they should have fixed it, but instead, I had to deal multiple times with their clueless customer service reps canned messages. And they never fixed the issue, so the lost a customer for good."

2015-02-19

"DO NOT purchase anything from TigerDirect.ca.
Incredibly incompetent and unprofessional customer service and just overall handling of their business.
They charged me for express shipment (extra 30$) but sent the delivery with standard shipment. Admitted their mistake, asked me to call back upon arrival of the shipment for refund. I called, was on the phone again for an hour. The did not refund me for the difference. The whole time they even accepted that they made the mistake."

This review was modified by jimmy34 on February 19 2015 11:12:18 AM

2015-02-15

"Terrible return policy. First they do not accept online returns at their retail stores like most others. Second you have to ship back at your expense and only after you call with your tracking number do they process the return. I had to rummage in my trash can after I realized they had not refunded me one month later. Will never use again."

2015-01-30

"Beware! I was promised a price match refund and despite many calls to their office, no follow up and no refund. Our account manager Manav Relan did nothing for us and even stopped responding to emails."

2015-01-29

"I purchased a Dell desktop computer from tiger direct. The computer and monitor are mounted together. When I pulled it out of the box tge monitor fell off because the screws were not installed properly. The cord for the monitor was missing. I called customer service and was told it that it wasn't there problem and I had to contact another company. I was able to dig up a cord and turn it on to find that the software isn't installed properly. Called customer service again and was told I could return it at my expense All I really have to say is tiger direct f**k you"

This review was modified by Abpla on January 29 2015 06:53:42 PM

2015-01-19

"I ordered online, credit went through no problem, Visa Verification no problem. And yet TigerDirect did not ship my order!

Only when I went to check the status of the order did I see this message: "Please Call - This order is on hold, pending customer response. Please call 1.800.800.8300 to expedite your order processing." WTF!?!

Meanwhile, in the interim I had received two automated emails informing me that my order had been successfully received and processed.

Apparently due to fraud, TigerDirect requires all large online orders to call and provide their credit card number a second time over the phone. That in and of itself is frustrating - but even more so since they never communicated to me that my order was not being shipped.

Stupid process and no respect for the customer.

You have lost a loyal customer today."

This review was modified by unhappywithtd on January 19 2015 03:04:26 PM

Share TigerDirect.ca (Canada only)'s store rating

TigerDirect.ca (Canada only) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

TigerDirect.ca (Canada only) is not a merchant member
TigerDirect.ca (Canada only) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!