Stores > ThredUP

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.23/10 1.23/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.9/10 1.9/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.21/10 2.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.77/10 1.77/10
Voice your opinion! Review ThredUP by clicking a star below.
2017-09-20

Disappointing. Support local, don't support this crap.

"So, checked out Thred Up on a whim, from a podcast ad. Saw some cool jeans, thought hey great price! Started the checkout process, thinking it would be like any other online purchase, went to use my discount code but there was no where to put that, and then instead of "You will have a chance to confirm your order" you get "THANKS FOR YOUR PURCHASE"
Emailed them to cancel order and got "Not possible, already shipped!" ...............at 2 am. Yeah ok....
Order confirms shipment A WEEK LATER...guess it wasn't already shipped right?
Makes its way here, I deny the shipment as informed, it gets back to their center. I hear nothing even though it was received a week ago. Maybe they think I just forgot. teeheehee
Today they refunded the order after I emailed them AGAIN. Maybe they were "confirming items were in the exact same condition which takes a while" Lol yeah.. i never even touched the box.
1. I emailed customer service for updates multiple times. got different people EVERY TIME. So be prepared to copy paste your story to save time typing it out!
2. The refund was minus 30$ (shipping and handling....duty....taxes AMAZING) so they still got their hearty chunk of change. Guess I should have just ripped open the box and consigned locally, at least them I wouldn't be cursing their name and beating myself up for visiting their stupid stupid ripoff of a website.
but hey!! THEY ARE ONLY HUMAN RIGHT????????????????????????????? negative reviews come from **** customer service and policies guys, and just saying "hey we're nice be nice too" isn't enough

2017-09-20

Don't do it!!!!!

"I have been a wardrobe stylist/personal shopper for 16+ years so am very familiar with the consignment process. I decided to try ThreadUp, thinking that I would get a better payout since they don't have a brick and mortar store. Boy was I wrong.I feel SICK about the things I sent and how little I'm going to get for them. These items were either brand new with tags or designer, and I basically am going to end up netting about $10. Ridiculous. This site is a RIP OFF. Stay away!!!"

2017-09-19

So kind, great stuff, cheap prices

"I love thredup! They have great prices and an even better staff. They help me constantly when I return stuff. Thanks!!"

2017-09-17

Love it!

"I love thread up!! It gives me free shipping if you use the app & give it notifications turned on, and I love their customer service & there clothes. It's super fun getting their polka dot packages, and I HIGHLY recommend them! Try them out, see what you think, but make sure to give them a chance."

2017-09-11

Don't do it, waste of effort.

"Horrible. I have done this type of thing before with decent results. I bought an item from here so thought I would try the sales side. I carefully prepped items and figured I would miss a couple of things just human error. I ran the estimate on their website to see if it would be worth it & estimated about $30 or so. I got less than $9. All my WH|BM jeans were rejected for fading. $90 jeans, distressed style, rejected for fading...really? Some items popped into consignment so they don't have to pay me. Some rejected as "surplus". 14 items sold a few still sitting in "consignment" (a t-shirt sold for $8, I got .40 for it). Considering the time to wash, prep, pack and ship. I should have just taken the tax write off, at least it would be helpful. Don't waste your effort, it's a rip off. Also, there were over a month late processing the bag so they had it over 2 months before I even heard from them. When I contacted them to find out what happened to all my items I was dismissed by the CS agent. He later responded and claimed a family emergency after I dinged the service, but he made no mention of that when he dismissed me from the CS chat. "

2017-09-04

wish i could give a zero as this is a company of thieves.

"pennies given on items resold for over 1000 times a profit. they marker themselves as humanitarians; an insult to humanity! do not be scammed.

2017-08-31

Their making a fortune!

"I sent in 22 items, several with tags still on them, they paid out $8.50. That's an average of $.39 per item. They sold the items for $86. I could make more money selling them in my front yard! I would feel better just donating the stuff rather than lining their pockets.

2017-08-30

DO NOT SELL TO Thred Up!

"Thred Up is a total scam for sellers. DO NOT sell to them. On they buy side, it is fine but you will get PENNIES on the dollar for selling, even NEW with tags. I think it is unethical and I don't trust them. Check out the negative reviews ALL OVER the internet. It is a terrible business model."

2017-08-30

Oh, oh that smell.

"I've received two orders and I'm very happy with the clothes BUT they smell. Anyone else have this problem? They smell like moth balls is the best description I can come up with. I laundered and they still reek. When I complained they said to wash everything in vinegar and baking soda. Okay, I'm going to try that but these weren't cheap, and if they still smell then that's it for me. Even after laundering they make my closet smell."

2017-08-29

Not worth it

"I've tried Thredup twice. Only because I had a store credit when I returned items that were not as described. Honestly, I can do better in local thrift shops if I want to spend the time. My biggest beef though is the shipping time. We pay for shipping, it's coming from 1 state away and it takes over a week for the items to arrive. This just makes no sense. Don't waste your time."

2017-08-26

Seller, not worth it.

"If you're like me and only send great items in mint condition, you will be disappointed. I sent them a new Herschel Little America backpack and it wasn’t accepted. Really? I just took a look at the backpacks listed on their website. They're selling a POLYESTER Puma “backpack” for $28.00, but my perfect, rarely worn, high quality backpack from a highly popular brand, right round back to school time wasn’t going to sell? I’m honestly baffled.
Also a Madewell Denim jacket that sells for $120 that I’ve probably worn twice. A pair of Madewell jeans. All in mint condition. Also not accepted. And that is only two of the items that weren’t accepted that made me feel like I was totally ripped off. The first bag I sent them, I felt it was a little weird that some of the items weren't accepted. I’m very picky about the things I buy and sell. Everything I sent is in mint condition and from great brands. But I didn’t document any items the first time around, so I thought I wss mistaken and decided to try again. The second time around... I have to say I am deeply disappointed.
Besides, for the 9 items they accepted (including a brand new, tags attached Zara Blouse, new Hunter rain Boots, a Madewell Leather Tote, a North Face 3-in-1 Winter Jacket that alone is worth $300, a Patagonia Coat) all in amazing condition, the Ufpront Payout was $69.85. Come on. Honestly, I don’t feel like this is a good deal for sellers. For buyers, probably. But as a seller I feel ripped off.

2017-08-21

PLEASANTLY PLEASED.....

"I have purchased about 80 pieces of clothes (plus size) within the past couple months. I only returned 3 items as they ran small for their size (2 of the items were from the same designer). I have ordered blazers, cardigans, dresses, blouses and a pair of pants. All are very stylish and from name brand designers and the items are in great shape. There return process is very easy but you will wait a couple weeks for your credit to show up in your account. They also have a short return period (about 14 days). I am in love with ThredUP! "

2017-08-14

Two positive purchases so far

"I learned how to eliminate things I wasn't interested in (for example, gently used--I'd rather have like new or new with tags). I love the way the site is set up to show me only what I want and can afford. On my last purchase, I put the wrong shipping address. I realized the error within just a few minutes, and I dashed an email off to customer support. It is really difficult for them to get an address changed like that because of the way their company is set up, but they managed to get it done. I will definitely be shopping here a lot. "

2017-08-12

Refused to even let me browse without a Facebook account

"I saw an ad for the site. Tried to check the site. Was not allowed to view without an account. Fine. But any time I created an email + password account it told me my password was wrong or I needed to verify who I was... By giving them access to my Facebook or Amazon info. No thank you. Legit stores don't need scams. "

2017-08-10

Frustrated buyer

"Items I purchased were represented accurately but I didn't like them- their return policy, while transparent, is pretty lame. Stuck with credit unless I wanted to pay return shipping. Now I'm stuck with credit and I'm nervous to purchase anything because if I don't like it, I'm in the same situation. Definitely not "risk free." I responded to an email asking about my thoughts, and did not receive a reply.
THEN tried to use my credit on the App, and they charged me more than I authorized payment for me. It was fixed, but for that one hour I was pretty upset that I felt like they stole money from me. Doesn't help that I already don't care for them.
A lot of their items are way overpriced- paying more than if you bought new from the retailer (specifically I have noticed their Carters brand baby items are priced way more than in stores). Makes me wonder what else they are marking up. Also, a lot of items aren't properly described (i.e. Sizes are not right or clear).

Share ThredUP's store rating

ThredUP is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!