Stores > ThredUP

Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.09/10 1.09/10

2016-11-27

HemmedUp

"Was happy to find the exact Eddie Bauer skirt I had been looking for. Sadly when it arrived, I discovered the skirt had been cut off and hemmed. No mention made in the listing/description of the item. With the $8.99 return handling fee plus no refund of the original shipping charge, it is hardly worth my time to send it back."

This review was modified by Edgewater_WI on November 27 2016 03:45:00 PM

2016-11-26

Give your clothes away.

"I sent a bag with 2 new Longchamp purses, 2 new Ralph Lauren dresses with the tags on and tons of Levis and Lane Bryant clothes, which they were asking for. They accepted one Lane Bryant shirt for 55 cents. My total payout for my entire bad was 55 CENTS. I wish I had just given these clothes to my local Goodwill. "

2016-11-23

Whatever you do... DON'T try to sell to Thredup

"Beware that whatever clothes Thredup doesn't accept from you (most likely at least 75% of your bag) they will turn around and sell to other companies for their own profit. Shady business practice, very disappointed. If you're wanting to get paid for your clothes, you won't get anywhere near the money they're worth through Thredup, instead save yourself the hassle and use a local consignment store or just donate your clothes to a thrift store with actual good intentions and honest business. "

2016-11-22

Terrible. Believe the negative reviews.

"This is my first ever on-line review. I sent in 2 bags stuffed with clothes, name brands, new with tags or in perfect condition and I got a five dollar credit for a whole bag.By the way, there is no word on my second bag and I can't find out what happened to the second bag because it is very difficult to figure out how to communicate with them. I have worked with consignment shops and have never felt so ripped off. I wish I would have taken the time to go somewhere else or donated it to charity. Believe the negative reviews. Don't get involved with them!"

This review was modified by NurseJojo on November 22 2016 02:06:49 AM

2016-11-12

Fed up with THREDUP

"I sent over 25 items. A lot of Mini Boden, RL Polo and Levi's. I requested a return of the items they did not accept. I received $38.41. This averages less than $2 per item. I had no items returned. I have always donated clothes in the past. I feel horrible for trying ThredUp when a needy kid could have used the clothes. "

This review was modified by Erica54321 on November 12 2016 05:54:03 AM

2016-11-11

I wish I could give them 0 stars!

"I sent in a FULL bag of NAME BRAND clothes, so full I could hardly get the bag closed... Women & children's clothing. I opted to donate the clothes they didn't use instead of paying $10 for them to be shipped back to me. ($10 for your OWN clothes? Who does that anyway?) I got $1.86 credit. Because I got 10% of $10.86... On probably $200 worth of clothes!!! & I don't mean I paid $200 for them. I couldn't MADE $200 off of them if I sold them myself. WARNING!! DO NOT SEND YOUR CLOTHES TO THEM! If you want to donate your clothes, donate them yourself so you at least get the receipt from them. Scam artists.... & I will warn everyone in every way that I can. I know nothing about purchasing clothes from them, but I NEVER will."

This review was modified by Casey_A on November 11 2016 01:25:53 PM

2016-11-10

THIEVES. SCAM. DON'T.

"I sent in 3 bags. They said that they LOST one bag-oops sorry. The other 2 bags full of designer bags-Coach, Kate Spade and others-new with tags, some--they evaluated and took 3 items and I might get $11.
How I wish I had read the reviews. DON'T DO IT. THEY ARE TERRIBLE. Donate and get the tax write off.
SUCH a rip off.

2016-11-07

Absurd

"I sent in a full bag of over 30 items of women's and children's clothing in good shape and from nice brands-some barely ever worn. One item was accepted-a Nike track jacket-and I got a 90 cent payout. Definitely only send your clothes here if you just want someone else to get rid of them. It also took about a month for them to go through my bag. "

This review was modified by Fedup356 on November 07 2016 08:02:30 AM

2016-11-04

What a rip-off!

"So disappointing. I sent in ten name-brand items. They chose one cardigan to pay me $2 and they're reselling it for $20. All of the items were classic and stylish. It's ridiculous when I see Faded Glory (Walmart) jeans on the site and they completely reject my Gap items."

This review was modified by Budgiejen on November 04 2016 12:46:54 AM

2016-10-27

“Happy with buying experience; Get $10 off your first order!”

"I've never sold clothes to ThredUp, so I can't comment on that aspect of the site, but I've bought clothes, shoes and handbags from them a number of times now and have always been pleased with the quality of the items. Returns are easy if pieces don't fit, and they occasionally send out codes for 10% or 15% off purchases. My only small gripe is that sometimes their shipping method is a little slow, but not unbearable.

Also, I found that new customers can get $10 free towards your first purchase, which I definitely took advantage of! Just sign-up for ThredUp through this referral link and the $10 credit will be automatically added to your cart at check out: http://www.thredup.com/r/ZFCJYY Enjoy!

2016-10-18

Misleading and Dishonest Promotion

"As a new customer, I took advantage of a 40% off promotion. I bought two items which cost $4.19 and $61.80. The subtotal somehow became $109.98. The promo discount: $43.99, tax: 4.95, shipping: 5.99. After all three were deducted, the total came to $76.93.
Now, if you add the cost of my two items ($4.19 and $61.80), you get 65.99. Add tax and shipping and voila, you get $76.93!
When I complained, they refunded me $10.94, which the customer support person said was "the difference from the cost of the items to the amount you got, plus additionally, I refunded you back the shipping cost for the order".

This review was modified by thrifty.consumer on October 18 2016 02:14:50 PM

2016-10-17

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE - RIPE OFF - DO NOT MAIL THEM CLOTHES!!!!! SCAM!

"What a SCAM! I mailed them 6 pairs of nice religion jeans which each jeans paid over $200 retailed. Included in the bag, I've mailed them plenty of nice dress tops. It took them over 2 months to look through my clothes and finally I checked and all they gave me was $10.01. What a SLAP IN THE FACE.

DO NOT.... DO NOT mail them your clothes. Horrible business tactic. I would have gotten over $150 if I were to sell it myself on craigslist or close5. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CLOTHES!!!!!

LESSON LEARNED!

2016-10-12

License to Steal

"If you want to give your clothes away, by all means, send them to ThredUp. I have read the other reviews and I have a similar story that they gave me almost nothing for the quality clothing that I sent in which were in excellent shape and were Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers and Coldwater Creek. I was initially told that they were giving me $33.80 for my clothing which was ridiculous; however, when I went to ThredUp to use the credit to buy something, I got a notice that I only had $16.82 credit. So either they deceive the sellers or they simply cannot add or subtract. WILL NEVER GIVE MY CLOTHES TO THIS COMPANY AGAIN. I predict this company will go out of business soon enough because they will run out of suckers to sell their clothing to Thred Up."

2016-10-12

Do Not Waste Your Time

"Long story short - thredup sends me an email with a 40% off code. The code does not apply to my final order screen so I contact to have them correct it. I'm told they won't give me the discount because I'd placed an order years ago and it's for new customers only. Seriously?? Will not accept order when it arrives and will not do any business with them again. Pathetic customer service."

2016-10-11

Give your clothes away instead

"Selling to ThredUp isn't all it's cracked up to be. They take forever to process your bag and then give you an insulting amount for a huge bag full of New and Slightly used items. It seems to be an all around win, win situation for them. Just give the items away or take the time to sell them on eBay. Sending items to ThredUp ends up being a total waste of time A full bag of clothes should at least equal enough to purchase one item from their site. My payout doesn't even cover shipping! Terrible. "

This review was modified by JoanneS66 on October 11 2016 09:41:59 PM

Share ThredUP's store rating

ThredUP is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!