Product & services pricing Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.19/10 2.19/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.04/10 3.04/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.73/10 1.73/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10

"I was a little nervous after sending in my polka dot bag and reading poor reviews that I was going to get no money back. But they were great in keeping me posted about receiving my bag, the status of it's inspection and then details of my final inspection. I am a little skeptical that at least on of the items (only worn once or twice) wasn't posted but I see the same shirt in a different size posted. So why wouldn't they take mine (still waiting on an answer). But I was happy with what they took. Some stuff was outdated, out of season so I get why they didn't want it. But all my in-style pristine items they took and made note that they are in near perfect condition. Be sure the things you send it are a) a designer that they even accept and b) they look good. You wouldn't want to buy someone's ratty stuff on a high end site!"

modified review This review was modified by AshleyCB on January 27 2015 08:26:12 AM

"I sent in a bag of clothes more than 6 weeks ago. Only communication from the company is a series of e-mails pushing back the date they intend to review my clothes. The latest e-mail stated it would be another 2 weeks, yet I have little faith that date will be honored. Avoid this company. I am sickened when I think of the nice things I sent them. "

modified review This review was modified by BridgetAY27 on January 22 2015 06:00:37 AM

"I'm still not convinced that this is a legitimate company!!! I ordered a t-shirt way back in mid-December and still haven't received my product. They won't respond to me at all. Don't order from them!!!! "

"Stay far, far away. I too was lured by the false advertising of the 100% profit on handbags received before 12/31/14-so I sent them a designer bag in mint condition and a bunch of non-designer clothes not in mint condition. All the clothes were accepted, the bag, worth 10x that amount was not. When I asked why, they told me it had "wear" but none of the specifics could be made known to me, after repeated requests. This bag was spotless, used once. They are doing something with these bags. SCAM"

modified review This review was modified by myrtleb on January 18 2015 05:13:01 PM

"If I could give this site a -100, I would. I sent in a full bag of clothes. Tons of Free People. I used to work at Plato's closet, so I know the process of resale very well. First, they told me the bag would take two weeks to process.....after tons of emails, it took almost three months for my bag to get done. Out of about 30 items, they took ONE for consignment....a 2007 free people tunic and priced it at a whopping $30. They put that my items were worn, outdated, etc. The one thing that they took was the oldest item on my bag. Everything else was a newer label! Do not bother with this company. It is a SCAM. I fully believe some of the employees keep items that they want and give the seller a bull crap excuse. It is the worst resale company I've ever dealt with. "

"Thredup is garbage. Payouts for items are about 50 cents. I sent in a pair of 7 for all mankind jeans (retail $245) worn a handful of times and they did not accept them because of a "stain." I had them send me 2 pictures and there is absolutely no stain! So shady. I fully expect these jeans to show up on their site for sale. Do not waste your time!"

modified review This review was modified by AshOD on January 09 2015 11:43:41 AM

"This site nickle and dimes you. You have to pay to send your stuff and then pay to get your stuff back, Heaven forbid they put something on consignment... They will charge you to get that back to if it doesnt sell and thats after you have paid the return assurance. Save your stuff for the garage sale. "

"Something is definitely not right here: My first bag in early 2014 went well but since then they've gone downhill. This appears to be a pattern with them, judging from earlier reviews. In Dec 2014 they advertised 100% acceptance for all bags rcvd by the 31st but my December bag, including new leather purses and better store merchandise, was accepted at about 50% with a low per item payout. I've been trying to reach them about it but to date have not gotten a response. If you know of another place to resell I recommend you use it instead because all is not well at ThredUp."

modified review This review was modified by SaugatuckMom on January 03 2015 10:40:24 AM

"Ugh, this place is the worst. Their consignment payouts are FAR from competitive:

$10:00 – $14.99 15%
$15.00 – $19.99 25%
$20.00 – $59.99 40%

Anywhere I have consigned gives you AT LEAST 40% of the actual sale price. This structure creates an incentive to for ThredUP to price your items LOWER so they owe you a smaller percentage of the sale.

Also, I ordered a bunch of stuff from them (carefully reading the return policy first) and upon receiving it noticed that 3 of the 5 items were non-returnable, despite the fact that this was not communicated ANYWHERE before the purchase was made.

Dishonest company. Stay away.

"Terrible, terrible, terrible. At first I thought, well maybe some items had been used a bit more than I realized. By the 3rd bag, I got better at guessing what items they'd accept. The 4th and FINAL bag I sent in got an apology email that NOTHING was accepted. One of the items I send were black suede boots that were literally worn ONCE b/c 1) we were in the midst of a heat wave in So Cal & 2) my daughter forgot she shoved them under her bead. Really boots that were worn once and didn't bet accepted. Another item was a very gently used burgundy patent leather purse from Nordstoms - "not accepted"?! Here's what I think is happening - the "specialists" are keeping the items. Never again!"

modified review This review was modified by NTMuniz on December 23 2014 08:52:54 PM

"Extremely disappointed. ThredUP did not accept my authentic chanel bag for resell. They told me they destroyed it without asking for proof of authenticity. I received $16.00 for a bag full of expensive clothes and handbags. DO NOT SELL HERE."

modified review This review was modified by marissa12345 on December 23 2014 11:18:34 AM

"Initially, I was impressed with ThredUP...lately, not so much.
I've both bought, and sold/consigned with them and it has gotten progressively worse each time. I have received automated responses saying that a customer service representative will get back to me within 3 days and after 6 days, still no response, after contacting them again and waiting for 3 more days, I have yet to get a response. Meanwhile, the "window" to have my consignment item sent back to me has passed and I'm sure they've done whatever it is they do with that stuff.
Also, I have my doubts about what they do with some of the items they don't want. In my last round, I sent in two bags, one with kids clothes and some just "regular" women's clothing (Gap, Banana Republic, etc), it was all accepted and posted. The other bag was all higher end women's clothing and shoes and oddly, not a single thing in the bag was accepted, some of the clothing items included were: unworn Nieman Marcus sweaters, Joie silk blouses (Anthropologie,) unworn Doc Martens boots, minimally worn Donald Pliner heels, etc. The clothes were gifts that were the wrong size or just not my style so they were unworn. I have zero issue with my clothes not being selected if that is, in fact what happened but something seems fishy, something just isn't adding up. As there is no transparency as to what happens to your items should they not want them, I sort of feel like someone maybe decided to keep the bag for themselves?
Also, I decided to cash out on one of my consignments...the transaction took longer than it was supposed to so the money wasn't sent to Paypal on time. As we were out of the country the money sat in my paypal account and I received notice saying that Paypal was returning the money to Thredup (because it had been too long.) Well, guess what? That money still hasn't been returned to my account a month later. Thredup appears to be a very shady...or at least a disorganized, poorly run, company.
Needless to say, I will not be doing any further business with them and I will be very vocal in recommending others do the same.

modified review This review was modified by lulu3061 on December 11 2014 06:35:59 AM

"Thredup is a great company. The long list of negative reviews are from 2012. The problem with the unaccepted clothing not being returned has been corrected. Users can now opt to have all of their unaccepted items returned for a reduced ship fee of $12.99. I always always have my 'unaccepted' clothing returned to me. It's gives me an idea of what not to send for one thing.
This is the way to go. Have your items returned to you so that you can then give to friends or resell on your own.
Most people just put clothing in Planet Earth boxes (a FOR profit company posing as a charity) and get nothing for them at all.
It's a no brainer to clean closet and send to Thredup. I have always had the most rapid responses to inquiries and found customer service extremely prompt.

,,.

modified review This review was modified by maureenhowland-28328 on December 10 2014 10:40:47 AM

"This is a scam and they are basically stealing from their sellers. I sent them a bag full of brand-new (with tags attached) and like-new pieces from Citizens of Humanity, Laundry by Shelli Segal, Banana Republic, Seven for All Mankind, Paige Premium Denim, BCBG Max Azria and several other higher-end designers from their approved list. Guess which pieces didn't get approved? The brand-new, highest end ones. But my older, lesser quality items from LOFT and the GAP were accepted. There was no explanation as to why my items were rejected or where they went. My inquiries to customer service have gone unanswered (good luck finding a phone number to call). I wish I had done my research before sending my items in - it seems that a scary amount of sellers have had the same experience. I firmly believe that they are stealing the higher end pieces from their sellers and selling them elsewhere on the side. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (where ThredUp already has 100+ complaints). Take your clothing to a local consignor instead and beware of these blatant thieves."

modified review This review was modified by DZ14455 on November 25 2014 10:51:30 AM

"I sent 40+ items in a bag and they took 11 items for $30.25. I say, better $30 bucks than nothing! maybe 3 of the items were new with tags, which they did not take. I did try to sell/consign these items at two local shops before sending to thredup, so I felt that I did all I could before saying bye to the bag of clothes. It took a few weeks for the email stating what was received came thru but nothing unacceptable."

modified review This review was modified by marissa42 on November 22 2014 02:53:42 PM

ThredUP is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!