ThredUP Reviews - thredup.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Write a review »
Rating 1.33/10 30 reviews

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"SCAM!!! I sent 4 bags of clothes in at the same time. Many were NWT. I was meticulous when packing these bags. Nothing I would not buy and followed all of their guide lines. I even took the time to document what I sent in and what the they said the payout would be for each item. NO WHERE EVEN CLOSE to what they estimated. I could kick myself, GYMBOREE, GAP, HOLLISTER, AE, etc. all very high end clothing and not even half of it was acceptable to them including the clothing with tags still on them. Sorry I participated and wish I had found this site first :( Terrible customer service also. I have sent several e-mails with no response yet."

modified review This review was modified by sammy3773 on March 22 2013 06:07:55 AM

"They don't get a rating at all, i found this company accidentally on google and looked to make sure they had secure checkout and were a ligit website and company i placed an order for 24 items to get my daughters started on spring/summer clothes i paid $148.80 which was taken from my visa and i have proof my card was charged and this was on march 6th i was never sent a confirmation email and still have not received any of the items, this company is a complete fraud DON NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THREDUP ! "

"Everyone who has posted reviews should file a complaint with the BBB of San Francisco. They followed on my complaint within 2 days and am waiting for resolution. There are 47 other complaints to date and the more they receive, the better for the people getting taken advantage of. After sending in a bag full of Gymboree, Dockers and Izod clothing many new with tags. They kept only the good items and rejected all of the new with tag clothing. Their website does state rejected items are "recycled" but they BEG for top end merchandise and deceptively lead you to believe that only THOSE items will be accepted. What happened is that only a few of the items were accepted and none of the new with tag items and all the Gymboree were rejected. There is no reason given other than a reply that they "didn't meet our standards." They couldn't get any better than new, name brand, with tags. Poor customer service. Scam. Stay away from this company. They take the best items and are intentionally misrepresenting the service they will provide you for sending in top quality clothes. FILE A COMPLAINT WITH BBB."

"SCAM! I was meticulous when selecting the items I sent, cutting any loose thread off, using a lint brush on them and MAKING SURE THEY ALL HAD TAGS, because of the company's fair warning that they're very selective. And still most weren't taken for reasons like "MISSING TAGS." All together I received under $30 for a bag full of like-new designer items. Find somewhere local where you can see what they're going to offer and you have the option of saying "no thanks." Where do the items they don't take wind up? I'm guessing those are sold too. If they're donated, where is my tax receipt ThredUP? SCAM!"

"They are such a SCAM!!!! I sent in the bag fully stuffed over 35 items and only recieved payment for 8 items!! Levi jeans, New Gap jeans, Nike shoes, brand new Gymboree items, wool pea coat ect... and they paid me $12!!!! There were several items that they claimed were not found and could not account for. All my items were new or in like new condition. Another mommy friend of mine submitted her bag at the same time I did and the same thing happened to her...DO NOT SHOP OR SEND YOUR CLOTHES TO THIS PLACE...RIP OFF!!"

modified review This review was modified by jacobmommy1 on January 23 2013 01:59:07 PM

"I LOVE this site! I've been using it for close to 3 years now and it just keeps getting better. Personally, I think the customer service is amazing. I have also sent in clothing and as long as I keep an open mind about the true condition of the items that I am sending, I am always satisfied with my payout."

"I recently cleaned out with threadUP and I have to say I'm quite impressed with the operation. Very user friendly site, reasonable shipping times, and a fair payout. I probably could have received a few bucks more at my local consignment shop, but they make you wait until they sell your stuff. Ain't nobody got time for that. "

"I've used thredUP for quite a while. I liked it back when moms traded boxes, though it was more hit-and-miss as for quality and wear. I sent a bag to them for "clean out" when they first switched models and got a low price for the items, but it was reasonably fair given the ease of the service. Those were mid-range brands like Gymboree and Children's Place.

I just sent in a huge bag with about 60 items in it. They accepted 9 of them. Given that I overbuy and my daughter has 60 clothing items per season, nothing gets worn very much at all, with many things worn just 2-3 times. This time has a few items I expected to be culled out (lower end items or favorite items that were worn a bit more often) and that was most of what was accepted! It was otherwise all mid-range to high-end items - Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Gap, Levis, a couple boutique items. They accepted NONE of the high-end or boutique items. They didn't accept a Ralph Lauren outfit that was bought new last summer and had never even been worn! I sent them a stash of clothing that cost well over $1000 new, had been worn one season and was given less than $10 for the bag.

I've also noticed that I used to be able to find some DKNY and boutique items on their site for sale, but can't find them there at all now. Surely people haven't all stopped sending it in, so what's happening with those clothes? I previously would have recommended them, but now see it as a huge scam.

"I really wish I would have found this sight before sending in my items. I too sent in my daughters best clothes, some had never even been worn. My bag was completely full but they only gave me ten dollars in credit stating that my clothes were ripped or torn or stained. That is just not true! I do feel this company is a scam. Buyer beware!!! I will be making a complaint to both the BBB and angieslist."

"So I was told today that since my neighbor who shares the same address as me but two different lease's that oh yeah your order was canceled because you live in the same household with an existing customer. This site is a complete joke. Good luck getting your free credits and used clothes! I would seriously recommend you go somewhere else. These people want to act like they are they are part of the freaking FBI when it comes to doing what they said they would do. Good luck and don't waste your time with this company."

"I wish I would have found this site before...I sent in a bag half full of bug brand clothing some even had tags on them no tears no nothing made sure to look them over before I put them in the bag..I got paid nothing back they did however give me 10 dollars just for them taking a long time to look at my bag...Then when I went to cashout they said paypal takes I think 2% of whatever I've never had paypal do this before so that confuses me..I will never send anything back to these people and I won't be buying from them."

"The better the stuff you send, the less you get. I've sent clothing to the, before so I knew their guidelines. I didn't learn my lesson before and sent in some of my best clothes. Designer clothes, I thoroughly inspected the clothing for stains and tears. I also sent in brand new Diesel shoes for kids that cost me $60 that my daguther grew out of before she got to wear them.
Well. They only accepted 2 items of the 20 I sent in. 2 of my cheapest items. They gave me around a couple of dollars. I am so upset, I tried writing them to account for my items and the brand new expensive shoes I sent and they sent me a boiler plate response on how some of the clothing had stains, tears, and we're under garments. Undergarments? I never even sent them Undergarments so what the hell??? I specifically asked them about the Diesel shoes, and no response received. I am definitely filing a complaint with the BBB
FYI: the clothes they sell are not great at all, I bought clothes once and did not want to put my daughter in their used looking clothes.
I really think they are a scam and keep the nicest items for themselves.

modified review This review was modified by Isis129 on December 17 2012 11:01:57 AM

"TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!! You are supposed to just TRUST this place to look over your items and re-sell them for you...I sent a HUGE..and I mean...HUGE bag STUFFED FULL of top brands like Gymboree, Gap, and Childrens Place...Old Navy..Carters, Osh Kosh, etc...these were all clothes I bought brand new from stores. I took their policy very seriously and sent nothing in with so much as a fuzz ball on it. There were shoes with tags still on them, jackets and coats with tags still on them, etc. THESE NEW WITH TAGS ITEMS WERE NOT ACCEPTED.....NONE OF MY GYMBOREE ACCEPTED....This place clearly takes the better items for themselves or re-sells them locally...none of my really good items were even seen...they tried to reassure me that they carefully look over items...when I said there was no way that there was ANYTHING wrong with any of those shoes or anything I sent in for that matter, they said by me signing the piece of paper you have to send in with your clothes, you are turning everything over to them. Trust me, this is a scam. I got about $20 for that bag of clothes. Such a scam. Whats ironic is if you are the BUYER, you can still get some good deals on things...but if you are selling to them, you WILL get screwed over."

"Do NOT send your clothes to ThredUp. If you do, you will want to throw up. Most of the clothes will not be accepted, some will be accepted and you will not receive the credit for it and, to as the last straw, you will not receive a fair price for the clothes you send. I sent a whole bag filled with treasures. I got $38.00."

"I could kick myself for not looking up these reviews before trying Thredup. They are a total rip off. I sent in allot of very nice items, and they gave me very little cash, and the reasons they gave me for not taking 95% of my items was bullcrap. It sickens me to think of all the items they didn't take, and I will never get back. It is very unwise to use Thredup. I wouldn't even buy their stuff. The shipping is more then the items."

modified review This review was modified by coco.racoco on November 20 2012 07:53:57 PM