Write a review »

"HORRIBLE COMPANY! I ordered two things from this company After I had placed my order they flagged it. I emailed them asking why it was flagged and they claimed I already had another account for my household which I did not. They treated me like some common criminal. Hopefully I get a refund but I have a feeling it won't happen based on previous reviews. Buyer beware!"

modified review This review was modified by akswmich on March 23 2013 09:00:38 AM

"SCAM!!! I sent 4 bags of clothes in at the same time. Many were NWT. I was meticulous when packing these bags. Nothing I would not buy and followed all of their guide lines. I even took the time to document what I sent in and what the they said the payout would be for each item. NO WHERE EVEN CLOSE to what they estimated. I could kick myself, GYMBOREE, GAP, HOLLISTER, AE, etc. all very high end clothing and not even half of it was acceptable to them including the clothing with tags still on them. Sorry I participated and wish I had found this site first :( Terrible customer service also. I have sent several e-mails with no response yet."

modified review This review was modified by sammy3773 on March 22 2013 06:07:55 AM

"I thought that some of the reviews on Thredup could not be true. So I sent them a huge bag full of name brand clothes. They claimed they only accepted one item and gave me .40 cents!!! I called the number and it's not even a real number. It's a google number and it says to leave a message. I sure did eave a message and I asked fr my clothes back. I put items in bag like Abercrombie kids, The Children's Place. Do not sell to this company!"

"They don't get a rating at all, i found this company accidentally on google and looked to make sure they had secure checkout and were a ligit website and company i placed an order for 24 items to get my daughters started on spring/summer clothes i paid $148.80 which was taken from my visa and i have proof my card was charged and this was on march 6th i was never sent a confirmation email and still have not received any of the items, this company is a complete fraud DON NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THREDUP ! "

"I had used Thredup several times and had a great experience until now. I had filled up several bags in the past and received credit for my items. Not much credit but better then nothing at all. I would use that to purchase more clothes for my daughter. My last transaction with them, I sent in 2 bags, completley full.I filled them just like I did in the past. I went over every article to make sure that it would be something I would be happy with receiving. I just got an email that my cashout was $2.73. Out of 32 articles of clothing they only accepted 4. I emailed asking why and was told it was due to some pieces being stained, worn or pilled. One pair of pants listed as "worn" were never even worn. It was part of a set and I didn't like the print on the pants so it sat folded in my daughters closet until I sent it. Same with some other articles. They were nowhere near being worn. I am VERY dissappointed with this company. Its a shame because it was a great idea. Unfortunately they are now taking advantage of people. I will never send them another bag of clothes or purchase from them. I cashed out my balance and I'm done"

"Wow! I feel so scammed! Thought the whole recycling clothing ideas was great. Then I sent them 59 items and only 13 were paid for. They sent me pictures of every single item saying "wear" or "pet hair" or "stain". Hard to see any of this. Especially when 95% of the clothing I sent was lightly used and in good condition for a used clothing site. Really a waste of time!"

"Everyone who has posted reviews should file a complaint with the BBB of San Francisco. They followed on my complaint within 2 days and am waiting for resolution. There are 47 other complaints to date and the more they receive, the better for the people getting taken advantage of. After sending in a bag full of Gymboree, Dockers and Izod clothing many new with tags. They kept only the good items and rejected all of the new with tag clothing. Their website does state rejected items are "recycled" but they BEG for top end merchandise and deceptively lead you to believe that only THOSE items will be accepted. What happened is that only a few of the items were accepted and none of the new with tag items and all the Gymboree were rejected. There is no reason given other than a reply that they "didn't meet our standards." They couldn't get any better than new, name brand, with tags. Poor customer service. Scam. Stay away from this company. They take the best items and are intentionally misrepresenting the service they will provide you for sending in top quality clothes. FILE A COMPLAINT WITH BBB."

"Complete rip off! Used them twice. First time there were a couple missing items (kids Harley Davidson jacket in perfect condition) second time we sent 27 items and were paid for 6. All items were name brand and in great condition. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!"

"ThredUp is slow and hard to navigate. While shopping, items were deleted from my cart. The majority of prices were REALLY HIGH considering that they are second hand and that there are no returns allowed.
I can truthfully find similiar items brand new online when on sale. I was still willing to order a few items, to see what conditions the items arrived in and what there customer service was like. After placing my order, I received an extremely rude Email from THredUp saying my order had been "flagged" for having more than one account in my name. I do not know WTF that was about, since it is the first time I used the site, but I didn't think it was worth my time, my trouble, and especially, MY BUSINESS. I requested that the order be cancelled and have not heard a word back from them. N I C E
ThredUp, real nice. It is safe to say that their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I would prefer to shop local consignment/thrift shops were items are all $1 or $2 and you can find all the big name brands there as well. If you don't have the time to do the shopping in person, there are a LOT of online consignment shops with much more reasonable prices and asonable return policies. I encourage you to Google online consignment shops and see what else is out there BEFORE YOU BUY!

"I also agree SCAM! I sent in a bag I went over at least 3 times to make sure everything looked brand new. They accepted very little of this bag. Strange thing is the clothes they did accept they marked as condition Excellent. I also find it very odd that of the identical items I sent that belonged to my 2 girls only one out of each set was accepted. Seriously makes me wonder if both were not and I only got paid for one.
My regret is I didn't do a little bit more research before sending my bag. If I had and saw all these reviews there is no way I would have sent my stuff, hopefully this review along with all the others will save someone else some money. If nothing else donate your clothes to a family in need because if you send to these people you will get very little. At least you will feel good donating them.

"SCAM! I was meticulous when selecting the items I sent, cutting any loose thread off, using a lint brush on them and MAKING SURE THEY ALL HAD TAGS, because of the company's fair warning that they're very selective. And still most weren't taken for reasons like "MISSING TAGS." All together I received under $30 for a bag full of like-new designer items. Find somewhere local where you can see what they're going to offer and you have the option of saying "no thanks." Where do the items they don't take wind up? I'm guessing those are sold too. If they're donated, where is my tax receipt ThredUP? SCAM!"

"They are such a SCAM!!!! I sent in the bag fully stuffed over 35 items and only recieved payment for 8 items!! Levi jeans, New Gap jeans, Nike shoes, brand new Gymboree items, wool pea coat ect... and they paid me $12!!!! There were several items that they claimed were not found and could not account for. All my items were new or in like new condition. Another mommy friend of mine submitted her bag at the same time I did and the same thing happened to her...DO NOT SHOP OR SEND YOUR CLOTHES TO THIS PLACE...RIP OFF!!"

modified review This review was modified by jacobmommy1 on January 23 2013 01:59:07 PM

"I LOVE this site! I've been using it for close to 3 years now and it just keeps getting better. Personally, I think the customer service is amazing. I have also sent in clothing and as long as I keep an open mind about the true condition of the items that I am sending, I am always satisfied with my payout."

"I recently cleaned out with threadUP and I have to say I'm quite impressed with the operation. Very user friendly site, reasonable shipping times, and a fair payout. I probably could have received a few bucks more at my local consignment shop, but they make you wait until they sell your stuff. Ain't nobody got time for that. "

"I've used thredUP for quite a while. I liked it back when moms traded boxes, though it was more hit-and-miss as for quality and wear. I sent a bag to them for "clean out" when they first switched models and got a low price for the items, but it was reasonably fair given the ease of the service. Those were mid-range brands like Gymboree and Children's Place.

I just sent in a huge bag with about 60 items in it. They accepted 9 of them. Given that I overbuy and my daughter has 60 clothing items per season, nothing gets worn very much at all, with many things worn just 2-3 times. This time has a few items I expected to be culled out (lower end items or favorite items that were worn a bit more often) and that was most of what was accepted! It was otherwise all mid-range to high-end items - Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Gap, Levis, a couple boutique items. They accepted NONE of the high-end or boutique items. They didn't accept a Ralph Lauren outfit that was bought new last summer and had never even been worn! I sent them a stash of clothing that cost well over $1000 new, had been worn one season and was given less than $10 for the bag.

I've also noticed that I used to be able to find some DKNY and boutique items on their site for sale, but can't find them there at all now. Surely people haven't all stopped sending it in, so what's happening with those clothes? I previously would have recommended them, but now see it as a huge scam.

ThredUP is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!