Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"This is a scam and they are basically stealing from their sellers. I sent them a bag full of brand-new (with tags attached) and like-new pieces from Citizens of Humanity, Laundry by Shelli Segal, Banana Republic, Seven for All Mankind, Paige Premium Denim, BCBG Max Azria and several other higher-end designers from their approved list. Guess which pieces didn't get approved? The brand-new, highest end ones. But my older, lesser quality items from LOFT and the GAP were accepted. There was no explanation as to why my items were rejected or where they went. My inquiries to customer service have gone unanswered (good luck finding a phone number to call). I wish I had done my research before sending my items in - it seems that a scary amount of sellers have had the same experience. I firmly believe that they are stealing the higher end pieces from their sellers and selling them elsewhere on the side. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (where ThredUp already has 100+ complaints). Take your clothing to a local consignor instead and beware of these blatant thieves."

modified review This review was modified by DZ14455 on November 25 2014 10:51:30 AM

"I sent 40+ items in a bag and they took 11 items for $30.25. I say, better $30 bucks than nothing! maybe 3 of the items were new with tags, which they did not take. I did try to sell/consign these items at two local shops before sending to thredup, so I felt that I did all I could before saying bye to the bag of clothes. It took a few weeks for the email stating what was received came thru but nothing unacceptable."

modified review This review was modified by marissa42 on November 22 2014 02:53:42 PM

"SCAM! I sent them a bag of stuff and requested return assurance. They are telling me that I did not, and now I can not get my items back. They kept some, but how ironic the two Coach Handbags I wanted back if they were not going to accept them can not be returned. This company is a scam. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB of San Francisco. Stay Away!"

modified review This review was modified by frustratedwthredup on November 19 2014 03:45:20 PM

"My buyer experience was solid. I ordered about ~$180 of items and found, among other things, two gorgeous cardigans and a wool skirt in amazing condition. I ended up sending back a lot of my order because the sizing wasn't perfect (not ThredUp's fault; brands are inconsistent and this is just what happens with online shopping).

Shipping back was an annoyance - I wish it were flat-fee instead of figure-it-out-yourself - but they processed my return and refunded me quickly, which was great. Even with $12 for shipping, the fact that I scored these amazing Ann Taylor and 525 America cardis for under $10 made it all forgiven; you don't get that kind of selection or quality anywhere else.

I've shopped on eBay and other direct-from-seller places, and the quality and condition of merchandise is never as good; I really appreciate ThredUp checking things for me because it instills such confidence. Having the option to return (paying shipping) for whatever reason I want, like "oh, it looks bad on," is also incredibly important when I'm shopping for designer pieces like Diane von Furstenberg dresses that are close to $100 pre-owned... I don't want the drama of eBay returns.

Overall, in terms of the buyer experience, ThredUp is great. Highly recommended.

(Note: I did NOT send them anything of mine. This review is about the shopping experience only.)

"I'll admit, I still order from ThredUp despite their ridiculously obvious incompetence with regard to categorizing items and correctly labeling their sizes. They screw up at least one thing in almost every single box I get. They refund me for some things with no explanation at all. I am constantly writing customer service to complain. Though most of the time I am frustrated with the screw ups, I am still a sucked for good prices and I do get some stuff at a good price. However, I have stopped recommendrecommending thredup to friends and family because honestly, they just need to do better. They should hire me, haha. I can pick out almost every item that they've mislabeled. Do better, ThredUp!

One redeeming factor: they do ship very quickly and items are well packaged.

modified review This review was modified by sarahn110685 on October 25 2014 03:29:45 PM

"HORRIBLE COMPANY! I ordered two things from this company After I had placed my order they flagged it. I emailed them asking why it was flagged and they claimed I already had another account for my household which I did not. They treated me like some common criminal. Hopefully I get a refund but I have a feeling it won't happen based on previous reviews. Buyer beware!"

modified review This review was modified by akswmich on March 23 2013 09:00:38 AM

"SCAM!!! I sent 4 bags of clothes in at the same time. Many were NWT. I was meticulous when packing these bags. Nothing I would not buy and followed all of their guide lines. I even took the time to document what I sent in and what the they said the payout would be for each item. NO WHERE EVEN CLOSE to what they estimated. I could kick myself, GYMBOREE, GAP, HOLLISTER, AE, etc. all very high end clothing and not even half of it was acceptable to them including the clothing with tags still on them. Sorry I participated and wish I had found this site first :( Terrible customer service also. I have sent several e-mails with no response yet."

modified review This review was modified by sammy3773 on March 22 2013 06:07:55 AM

"I thought that some of the reviews on Thredup could not be true. So I sent them a huge bag full of name brand clothes. They claimed they only accepted one item and gave me .40 cents!!! I called the number and it's not even a real number. It's a google number and it says to leave a message. I sure did eave a message and I asked fr my clothes back. I put items in bag like Abercrombie kids, The Children's Place. Do not sell to this company!"

"They don't get a rating at all, i found this company accidentally on google and looked to make sure they had secure checkout and were a ligit website and company i placed an order for 24 items to get my daughters started on spring/summer clothes i paid $148.80 which was taken from my visa and i have proof my card was charged and this was on march 6th i was never sent a confirmation email and still have not received any of the items, this company is a complete fraud DON NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THREDUP ! "

"I had used Thredup several times and had a great experience until now. I had filled up several bags in the past and received credit for my items. Not much credit but better then nothing at all. I would use that to purchase more clothes for my daughter. My last transaction with them, I sent in 2 bags, completley full.I filled them just like I did in the past. I went over every article to make sure that it would be something I would be happy with receiving. I just got an email that my cashout was $2.73. Out of 32 articles of clothing they only accepted 4. I emailed asking why and was told it was due to some pieces being stained, worn or pilled. One pair of pants listed as "worn" were never even worn. It was part of a set and I didn't like the print on the pants so it sat folded in my daughters closet until I sent it. Same with some other articles. They were nowhere near being worn. I am VERY dissappointed with this company. Its a shame because it was a great idea. Unfortunately they are now taking advantage of people. I will never send them another bag of clothes or purchase from them. I cashed out my balance and I'm done"

"Wow! I feel so scammed! Thought the whole recycling clothing ideas was great. Then I sent them 59 items and only 13 were paid for. They sent me pictures of every single item saying "wear" or "pet hair" or "stain". Hard to see any of this. Especially when 95% of the clothing I sent was lightly used and in good condition for a used clothing site. Really a waste of time!"

"Everyone who has posted reviews should file a complaint with the BBB of San Francisco. They followed on my complaint within 2 days and am waiting for resolution. There are 47 other complaints to date and the more they receive, the better for the people getting taken advantage of. After sending in a bag full of Gymboree, Dockers and Izod clothing many new with tags. They kept only the good items and rejected all of the new with tag clothing. Their website does state rejected items are "recycled" but they BEG for top end merchandise and deceptively lead you to believe that only THOSE items will be accepted. What happened is that only a few of the items were accepted and none of the new with tag items and all the Gymboree were rejected. There is no reason given other than a reply that they "didn't meet our standards." They couldn't get any better than new, name brand, with tags. Poor customer service. Scam. Stay away from this company. They take the best items and are intentionally misrepresenting the service they will provide you for sending in top quality clothes. FILE A COMPLAINT WITH BBB."

"Complete rip off! Used them twice. First time there were a couple missing items (kids Harley Davidson jacket in perfect condition) second time we sent 27 items and were paid for 6. All items were name brand and in great condition. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!"

"I also agree SCAM! I sent in a bag I went over at least 3 times to make sure everything looked brand new. They accepted very little of this bag. Strange thing is the clothes they did accept they marked as condition Excellent. I also find it very odd that of the identical items I sent that belonged to my 2 girls only one out of each set was accepted. Seriously makes me wonder if both were not and I only got paid for one.
My regret is I didn't do a little bit more research before sending my bag. If I had and saw all these reviews there is no way I would have sent my stuff, hopefully this review along with all the others will save someone else some money. If nothing else donate your clothes to a family in need because if you send to these people you will get very little. At least you will feel good donating them.

"SCAM! I was meticulous when selecting the items I sent, cutting any loose thread off, using a lint brush on them and MAKING SURE THEY ALL HAD TAGS, because of the company's fair warning that they're very selective. And still most weren't taken for reasons like "MISSING TAGS." All together I received under $30 for a bag full of like-new designer items. Find somewhere local where you can see what they're going to offer and you have the option of saying "no thanks." Where do the items they don't take wind up? I'm guessing those are sold too. If they're donated, where is my tax receipt ThredUP? SCAM!"

ThredUP is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!