Stores > ThredUP

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.15/10 2.15/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.02/10 1.02/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
2017-01-18

DO NOT SELL TO THIS PLACE!

"I sent a huge bag of mostly brand new with tag items and received next to nothing for it. Items that they were selling for over $12.99 on their site from my bag, received only a payout of $0.65 cents. A huge scam for anyone selling their items through them. I don't have any experience with buying but selling is definitely a NOT. I sent the bag back to them in November of 2016 and they only processed the bag in January of 2017. On top of the small payout, they charged me $9.99 cents for processing, etc. "

This review was modified by paolabrooke on January 18 2017 08:45:03 AM

2017-01-17

Have a garage sale and make more money on your clothes!

"Thred Up pays out worse than garage sale prices! Seriously!
I sent a bag full, they kept 20 items, donated rest and then gave me .50 cents store credit, oh yeah, and they have to charge YOU for shipping the bag of clothes to them. MESSED UP!
They are making BANK $$$ on this and it's pathetic!

This review was modified by mtsj on January 17 2017 02:00:02 PM

2017-01-12

Thrilled with the prices, quality and quickness!

"I was pleasantly surprised when I got my package. Nicely packaged and high quality with a personal touch. Got my new clothes quick and they were just like advertised."

This review was modified by therapypetz on January 12 2017 05:00:02 PM

My new favorite store

"As a plus size gal it's really hard to find decent clothes at my local resale shops, here in the rural Midwest. So, when I heard about this and checked it out, I fell in love. I can search up my size only and browse through their selection instead of spending hours pilfering through overcrowded racks to come away disappointed.
Recently, I placed an order for a pair of shoes. Unfortunately, they were the wrong size from what was listed on the site. It was disappointing, but people are human and make errors. I decided to keep the shoes, because they were my daughters size, but I did contact customer service to notify them of their error. I was happily surprised to see that there was a text option to contact them instead of just phone and email. After texting them, I received a real reply with an hour. They were very apologetic and compensating with a credit for the shipping fees and a 40% off credit for a future order. These were available immediately.
Today, I sent off my first bag full of clothes. I have read the reviews and realize that most people are not happy about the amount they received for their clothes. I can't speak for everyone, but I sent my clothes off with the mindset that anything is better than nothing. I plan to use the credit towards new purchases, so anything is better than what I'm getting with the clothes sitting in my closet. If I wanted to make more money off of them, I would try other means, than this.
All in all, I'm very happy with ThredUP and will continue to use them for a long time to come.

AVOID reselling here!!

"I wish I would have read more reviews before I sent my kids clothing (sizes 6-10) in but a friend had a good experience so I tried it but it was obviously before they changed their policies. 77% of my clothes were rejected. I received a "whopping" $1.80 for the FULL bag of clothes I sent in. I had checked them over carefully to ensure they were free of stains and I washed them before I sent them. They only accepted TWO items outright and then will "try" to sell 5 items on consignment BUT you don't receive that money until they are sold. I had many sets from Gymboree and a Jack and Janie wool dress that they didn't take. I saw they were selling kids shirts from Walmart, and then they don't take the majority of my clothes?? TERRIBLE service....stay away from sending items in. I never bought anything from here so I cannot comment on that aspect. Deleting the app and not looking back!"

This review was modified by SeifertA on January 11 2017 10:52:50 AM

2017-01-11

I would have felt better donating these items to charity

"I submitted a very large bag full of good quality items, some never used. It took over a month for them to process the bag. They accepted 30 items and my payout was only $4.95. What bothers me is that they have sent me emails saying 7 of my items have sold. I made about 15 cents per item. Waste of time. I would have felt better donating these items to charity. "

2017-01-07

Gross!

"I ordered three coats and one handbag from ThredUP. The handbag was great. Gently used, but clean and looking almost new. The coats were disgusting.
One coat was actually a man's coat, but sold as a woman's. I found a pair of gloves in the pocket that were men's gloves, it didn't fit correctly and it buttoned to the right.
The other coats were women's coats, but arrived filthy and wrinkled. Then when I put my hands in the pockets, I found a wadded up piece of gauze with blood on it in one coat and two used tissues in the other coat!
Seriously? You can't even check the pockets when this stuff comes in? If I shopped at a local consignment shop, even Goodwill, the clothes would be clean and pressed and they would not have biohazards lurking in the pockets.

2016-12-26

Avoid!!!

"I requested a clean out bag and I filled it full of designer clothing and sent to them. I finally had to call and ask if they got it. They did. Got less than 2.00 for all the trouble. Wish I had taken it to a local charity. "

2016-12-23

Selling to Thred Up so not worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Like many others have mentioned, really wish I would've read reviews before selling stuff to thred up. What a joke!!! Several weeks ago I sent a bag of probably 17-18 items, including 3 pairs of shoes (2 that I actually bought recently from thred up no less, one of which was a super cute pair of Steve Madden wedges that unfortunately didn't fit me). Most of the items I sent in were things I bought off thred up recently, I never wore any of them and they were sent back in the same condition that thred up sent to me, but now aren't worthy of resale????? I obviously was not expecting to get back the full amount I paid, but had to laugh out loud when I saw my net earnings of $7.16 (that isn't available to me for 14 days unless I want to use it toward a thred up purchase) They don't provide any reason for why 65% of the bag was rejected and their website says that have "very high standards" typically accepting less than 40% of items. 95% of the items I sent were purchased from thred up just a few weeks prior and never worn!!!! Their high standards accepted a pair of cheap Target flats but rejected Steve Madden wedges (that again I bought from them just weeks prior and were never worn) It seems like the magic number is 6 - looks like many reviewers only got 6 items accepted regardless of how many were sent. I will never sell to or buy from thred up again - just not worth it! Oh and did I mention that the bag was described as *FREE* but once you send it in, they deduct a $9.99 shipping fee from your earnings . What a scam!!!!!"

This review was modified by Bink327 on December 23 2016 05:39:55 PM

2016-12-20

Don;t sell to them

"What a rip-off. Wish I could give them 1/2 a star. Don't sell to them. Sell to a local consignment or give away to your friends or a charity. I received a lousy $3.60 for a dozen items (they say they accepted 6). Which is 60 cents a piece but they deduct $9.99 for "shipping and handling" even though the bag was "free". What a scam. I basically gave them my clothes so they could profit off of me. Don't EVER sell to them! Wish I had read this first."

2016-12-16

it could be awesome but it seems someone got too greedy

"When I first heard of Thredup I was SOOO excited. It sounded like it would be a perfect way to get a little $$ for the clothes my kids outgrow. I requested a clean out bag (which was FREE at the time), received it, then forgot about it for a LONG time. I rediscovered the bag put a few items in it to try the system out, ones that I felt met the guidelines of course (Baby Gap & North Face- excellent condition) and sent them along. Wow, that was easy! I received notification that my bag was received on Oct 27 and it had an estimated processing date of Dec 1. I thought that was a little outrageous but since these items would have otherwise be donated to charity, no biggie. I thought I would try again and saw that it now costs 9.99 to get a bag!! WHAT?!?! That's just plain crazy, why in the world would I pay a company to take my items and resell them. Eventually my bag was processed on 12/15, six items were accepted (I don't remember how many I sent but I don't think it was many more than that. I received 14.05 and they are selling my items for 84.94. I am ok with that. Now I am waiting for the payout, if I wanted to use it to buy something I could right away. All in all this could be awesome if the bags were free but with the 9.99 charge for the bag there is NO WAY I would do it again nor would I recommend it to anyone"

2016-12-15

Complete rip off for selling

"ThredUp is a total scam! I sent all brand new or barely used brand name items, including a brand new pair of Vera Wang boots, they accepted 7 items and gave me a lousy $2.65 !! What a joke!
I'll donate to my local Goodwill from now on and not some company making a killing off of ripping people off!

2016-12-15

too big for their britches!

"When I first started using ThredUp, 2 years ago, I really loved them! Now, I am incredibly disappointed. My first few ThredUp bags received decent payouts and the prices to purchase items on their site were reasonable and competitive with consignment or discount store prices. Now, they give you pennies (if that) for your items and sell things WAY over priced. For example, they are selling used Under Armour Kids clothing for upwards of $25.00. I can get a brand new Under Armour Kids clothing item for less than that at TJ Maxx or even the Under Armour store on sale; BRAND NEW! Not to mention the person who sold that Under Armour Kids item to ThredUp probably received no more than $5.00 for it. Something just isn't adding up... no one in their right mind would purchase consignments items for that much!"

This review was modified by karaldunbar on December 15 2016 09:24:49 AM

2016-12-13

DO NOT TRUST THREDUP

"not only does it take forever for them to process your items, they resell what they do not take to 3rd party sellers! you get pennies on items nd they sell them for about 1/3 retail. of course, they do not offer items too low, because, they resell them to other wholesalers. THE WORST!!! hope they close."

This review was modified by mmvines on December 13 2016 04:03:07 PM

2016-12-07

Great for Women, Children, and the World!

"I'm so excited about ThredUP. After reading earlier this year about how much pollution is created by the throw-away fashion industry, I vowed to buy only clothes that are well made, with classic styling and natural fibers. Clothes that meet all those criteria are so expensive, however, that I wasn't buying. Period! Then I saw an add for ThredUp. After much hesitation, I bought an Anne Klein mohair jacket and a still-with-tags, button-down Banana Republic blouse -- and the total came to less than $40 when I applied the coupon I received for signing up. I was nervous -- it seemed too good to be true. I waited nervously until my package came in the mail. When I opened the (crisply logo-d and taped) shipping box, I found that my purchases were beautifully wrapped in tissue paper with tags, and there was a note about how all the packaging was recyclable -- first and foremost as lovely gift wrap and tags. Moreover, there was a sweet little booklet about the women who work at ThredUp; the photos of them playing with their children and the statements about why they believe in what they do made my eyes well up a little! I guess I recognized my tribe. :-) And then I carefully unwrapped my gifts (from ThredUp and me to me), and I was thrilled (and relieved) to find that the items I had purchased were exactly as pictured and described -- and they fit! And the coat is so warm. That was my first experience. My second experience I shall share briefly to show what great customer service they have. I turned around that evening and ordered more clothes. Then I woke up in a panic at having bought too much. I wrote to cancel my order the next morning. They replied right away and worked out the cancellation and were completely helpful, professional, and kind. I love them. And I bet you will, too! "

Share ThredUP's store rating

ThredUP is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThredUP is not a merchant member
ThredUP does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!