• Address: 10201 Main Street Suite 100 Fairfax, VA 22030

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

"Thinkgeek are just awful. Constantly had problems with them but decided for one more chance. The site says items are in stock. I wait, a week later I notice one of my items is not there. I question and they tell me it's out of stock. I go on the webpage and the item STILL says it's in stock while I'm arguing with the help. Tells me the inventory hasn't been updated. It's been a damn week! They offer to send me an email when it's back in stock so I can repurchase it and get charged another shipping fee (which by the way, the shipping fee was not reduced when I did not receive one of my items.) I already paid the damn shipping on the item and also how can I trust the email any more than the webpage? Do yourself a favor and order from someone more reliable than these markup con artists."

modified review This review was modified by TobinHood on September 24 2014 07:35:32 AM

"BUYER BEWARE. This company is the most shady. BEWARE. They are real and sell lots of stuff, but you cannot reach the real company. They use a call-center in another State and if they cannot resolve issues even they do not have a way to contact the real company. They only have an email. I have had issues with orders, and impossible to resolve. even Google research you cannot find a ph# for the real company. You can find the address but not any real contact info.
BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Any company that operates like this is SHADY, small-time operation, or hides because they have a reason to be hiding. There are competitors out there that treat their customers better.

modified review This review was modified by ThinkGeekisBAD on September 14 2014 01:44:43 PM

ThinkGeek.com User

"Ordered an item for my friend's birthday. When I was checking out I realized I had chosen the wrong color, went back and changed it. I submitted order.

To be fair, shipping was fast, received it the next week, but the item was WRONG. It was the wrong color that I had changed at the last step before checking out. Not sure where the fault lies here, because I KNOW I changed it on my end. Not sure if it didn't go through or what.

I contacted them to return the item and they have no process for item returns. You merely have to request an RMA# and then you have to ship the item back yourself.

My item cost $15, it cost over $10 for shipping at UPS. So what am I actually being refunded? $5? I paid for them to ship the wrong item and paid to ship their mistake back to them. These guys have some scam going on.

"DO NOT BUY!!!!! Rip-Off!!!!! My husband ordered minecraft backpack and keychain as that is what our son like for his 8Th birthday which is today. We ordered a backpack,keychain and 2 shirts so as to avail free shipping if you spend $75. But since we are in Alaska right now we still have to pay extra shipping which is UPS $24.As he opened the package the backpack and keychain was not there so when my husband opened his email that says item was shipped and delivered there is a link in the email that says the backpack was out of stock and he will get a refund. In the Order Form that comes with the shirt, it says in there that keychain is included but we did not see any. This is such a hassle. Its a rip-off!!!!We paid $44 for 2 shirts where we can actually buy and get those minecraft shirts at walmart for $6 each. The actual stuff that we really are getting did not arrived at all!!!! and now it says out of stock in their website!!!! "

modified review This review was modified by MinecraftLover on August 27 2014 12:16:45 PM

"Received USED merchandise!
I bought three Sphero 2.0 units from ThinkGeek in August because they were on sale. When they arrived, two were brand new and one was used (not just open box, but scratches on the device and missing pieces!). I needed these for a robotics show and tried to get ThinkGeek to rush a replacement but they didn't care. I finally had to return it and buy from another store. Worst electronics purchase experience I've ever had. (I've bought thousands and thousands of dollars of equipment online and have never left a review for any retailer until today!)

modified review This review was modified by klockw243 on August 20 2014 09:32:11 AM

"One of my favorite store online ! They have amazing products. I placed my order on 06/15/2014 and received it 3 days after in Paris (France).
Products are good quality, exactly conform to description, video and pictures.
I recommande and will definetely order again

modified review This review was modified by JohanWALTER on June 20 2014 07:51:40 AM

"Wrote them an email a year ago to ask for missing batteries that were supposed to be included. They responded today(over a year later!) that I was SOL, however I could feel free to buy some from the internet. I responded that this was extremely poor customer service, and their response boiled down to "too bad."

I have ordered from thinkgeek several times, and this is the first problem I've had, but it is so negative, that I have never shopped there again. They have a terrible company, and will most likely not fix any problems you have. DO NOT BUY FROM THINKGEEK.

modified review This review was modified by Ihatethinkgeek on January 11 2014 12:28:49 PM

"Similar experience as some of the other negative reviews. Ordered some items on Dec. 12 to be delivered before Christmas, took them 5 days to report one item was out of stock. Other items were reported to be arriving by Dec. 23. Didn't arrive that day or the 24th, despite our waiting at home and checking constantly. While all of the other kids were opening their presents on Christmas, had to take one child aside and explain why their presents weren't there. Won't order from them again, and wouldn't have done so this time if I had seen the other negative reviews ahead of time. "

modified review This review was modified by JohnBRSmith on December 27 2013 12:49:25 PM

"Was a bit surprised to see the 2 out of 5 stars average (as I write this review that may change given time of course) for thinkgeek, I've ordered from them several times in the past with no problems whatsoever.. basically the problem was my fault - ordered a $9.99 grumpy cat "no" mug for Christmas that my 10 year old little guy didn't like so much (nothing wrong with the mug itself arrived in perfect condition, was just a bad choice on my part) ... knowing that many stores offer prepaid shipping and handling in a situation like this to return unwanted xmas gifts but also knowing thinkgeek's standard return policy (like that of many stores) is to have the customer pay return shipping if there's nothing wrong with the product (fair enough) I contacted them via phone seeing if there would be an exception to the policy for the holiday season... while their standard return policy does apply the customer service rep, who was SUPER nice and sweet as pie, consulted with someone else then let me keep the mug for free AND gave me a gift certificate for the same dollar amount as the mug ($9.99).. how generous is that !?! :) ... again very astonished by all the bad ratings on here, I've had nothing but positive experiences with thinkgeek though to my shame I haven't bothered to comment about it publicly until now- given their previously mentioned kindness however I felt compelled to do so right now. (scratches head again in confusion while looking at all the other reviews)..."

"Wow, after reading so many comments here I was fearing the worst when I had to return something that was broken in shipment. I must say, I did not expect what came next. Possibly one of the easiest and best customer service resolutions ever. I received a shipment of items the day before Christmas eve, 1 item had a broken piece in shipment so I submitted an RMA for replacement. 10 hours later (Now it's Christmas Eve) I get a reply that and a confirmation order email stating they're sorry for the issue and have already sent my replacement out, free of charge and no return necessary. Like I said, after reading so many negative reviews here, I was simply blown away at how easy and wonderful this was. I've shopped at ThinkGeek numerous times and this was the first issue I've ever had. I've never had shipping delays, everything has always arrived in a timely manner. I'm quite happy with how it all worked out and WILL continue to order from them. "

modified review This review was modified by Optics82 on December 24 2013 11:42:20 AM

"Here's the important takeaway about ThinkGeek, from my personal experience and the many reviews below:

They frequently miss delivery commitments, they *know* they have lousy customer service, and they've chosen not to fix either. They've made a business decision to simply accept a significant percentage of disappointed customers - usually messed over right around the holidays - rather than spend money fixing the issue.

Specifically: Thinkgeek is notorious for blaming shippers for 'losing packages'. As a UPS rep told me, they rely on customers not knowing that 'Tracking Information Received' (the status message you'll see on UPS, that translates to your-delivery-is-not-coming) doesn't mean the shipper ever got a package.

All it means is that Thinkgeek sent UPS a notice that a package *would* be coming. When Thinkgeek's warehouse folks drop the ball, as they seem to do routinely, this gives Thinkgeek somebody else to blame.

In my personal case, I ordered an item the 19th December for guaranteed delivery on the 23rd December. It didn't arrive that morning, so I checked the status - "Tracking info received".

I livechatted Thinkgeek, who promptly blamed the shipper, but who did agree to ship a replacement next day - so it would arrive today (24th December). I was pleasantly surprised.

Then I read my email this morning. From UPS:

SHIPPER TENDERED THE SHIPMENT TO UPS AFTER THE LATEST PICKUP TIME FOR THE REQUESTED SERVICE. A DAY DELAY IS LIKELY.

Contacted Thinkgeek again, and they simply repeated what UPS told me.

I've cancelled the order, demanded a full refund including prepaid return shipping to send back the item when (if?) it ever arrives.

In summary - last time I'm buying from them. My recommendation is showroom their site, and find the merchandise someplace else.

modified review This review was modified by JEMUR on December 24 2013 10:11:52 AM

"Absolute worst customer service and problem resolution ever. will never buy from them again. Ordered on the 14th and will not even get my order until the 26th if im lucky. They never shipped my order , and never contacted me when it was supposedly lost.they claimed it got lost in transit yet ups tracking states they never even received the package. i emailed them 3 times and never received a response. Good luck calling them either, they dont ever answer. i finally got ahold of someone on live chat and they refused to ship the package with a fast enough speed to get me my order by christmas. Delivery was available yet they chose not to do it! When i asked to connect me with a supervisor , i was told they wont do live chat. She stated that i need to call in. i told her "whats the point of that when no one answers the phone!" i told her to have them call me since they dont answer and she stated they wont make outgoing calls. If they screw up your order, they will not go out of their way one bit to fix it. i look forward to never buying from them again!"

modified review This review was modified by jz2107 on December 23 2013 08:04:59 PM

"The worst company ever. Cancels purchases with no notification. Only way to find out they f@cked you is to go track down your order history and see "CANCELLED".

Don't answer the phone. Don't answer the live chat.

Absolutely pitiful. Good Riddance. Will be sure to tell everyone I know to avoid TG like the plague.

modified review This review was modified by thinkgeeksucks on December 20 2013 11:45:03 AM

"After years of dealing with this company, I made another purchase recently. The items I wanted were in stock and waiting. They held onto my order and one of the items went out of stock during this time. They then shipped a partial order, with one of the items being back ordered for months. Charged me extra for 3 day shipping to get it prior to Christmas and because of the delays, it won't arrive until after. I was flat out lied to, two times on two different days by two different people. Turns out, they have zero clue when items are shipping and tell you things like "It will ship today" based on the amount of processing time the order has. I would not bother with this company, they have become one of those internet companies you look at and shudder. I will never do business with this company again.

I worked with customer service after posting this review and they refunded the cost of the 3 day shipping.

modified review This review was modified by visad on December 20 2013 07:03:51 AM

"They lost my order, then refused to replace it in time for Christmas even though I had ordered it weeks before, in plenty of time for the holidays. Take your business elsewhere. "

modified review This review was modified by aadacl on December 19 2013 03:35:06 PM

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member
ThinkGeek.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!