• Address: 10201 Main Street Suite 100 Fairfax, VA 22030

Product & services pricing Rating 2.69/10 2.69/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.22/10 1.22/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.01/10 1.01/10

"Terrible customer service. Got my refund and will never be ordering from them ever again. Took 2 weeks to get a hold of a rep, and when I did they messed everything up. I'm lucky I got a refund at all, though I didn't get the Christmas gift I ordered. if there was a way to give them 0 stars i would."

modified review This review was modified by jacobdyke7 on December 21 2014 08:25:07 AM

"I ordered a Star Trek hoodie from thinkgeek that had been out of stock for sometime. When I got an email from them saying they had it back on stock I was elated. I ordered and had a confirmation email from them within 5 minutes of the notification that the hoodie was back in stock. They charged my card which according to their shipping FAQ they only do once your order is shipped. Imagine my surprise when I got an email from them this morning informing me that the Christmas present I had already been charged for was out of stock again and that my order had cancelled. In that same email they stated that my card wouldn't be charged. I called their customer service number was on hold for almost an hour and had a 25 minute conversation with an oversees call center. 25 minutes to get the customer service rep to tell me my money would be refunded. A huge waste of time and literally the worst customer service experience I've ever had. I will NEVER again shop at ThinkGeek.

modified review This review was modified by KayEmm on December 21 2014 06:41:59 AM

"I do not recommend ANYBODY ordering from this site. I ordered a two piece coffee mug set and when it arrived one of the mugs was broken into 5-6 pieces. The packaging was terrible, they put the two small mugs upside down in a giant box with only two small bags of air. They say that they email back in 48 hours but I've been waiting three days and I even wrote a second email and have heard nothing back.
I also tried the live chat and they gave me a ten minute wait and as soon as it got down to three minutes they kicked me off and canceled my request. I also waited on the phone for an hour. This place is a fricken scam.
This was the first order iv ever placed with them and I regret it so much.

modified review This review was modified by Ashleyann95 on December 20 2014 06:18:09 PM

"DO NOT order from Thinkgeek unless you don't want your item and want to still pay for it. Literally 4 HOURS to wait for customer service to chat. Telephone was over 1.5 hour wait.

Ordered 2 items Dec 2 and got the email and a tracking number. 7 days later it still hadn't been shipped or even picked up for delivery from their warehouse.

I called customer service and was told by automated message it'd be 1.5 hour wait. Went online and waited for chat as I worked.
FINALLY got through after almost an hour and was told item must have been stolen or something (exact words).
I said tracking shows it never left their warehouse and then I was told it must've been stolen from their warehouse then. Items couldn't be reordered because they were now out of stock.
Was offered a $10 credit. What goods a credit if the items not in stock?!!
I opted to cancel. Here it is the 20th of December and still no refund.

I waited on hold via chat AGAIN, this time for 4 hours while I worked and was told refund is issued. Their Facebook wall is full of stories just like mine.

** DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS GARBAGE PLACE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF**

"The products on this site were so clever. And it was so easy to order. But the problem is I never received my order, nobody answers 24-hour customer service, and the live chat is a joke. They just put you in endless "queue." Do Not order from this company! "

modified review This review was modified by carient on December 19 2014 03:01:50 PM

"I ordered a small gift on December 3rd. Three weeks later I email them for a shipping update. Three days go by, and I never receive a response back. I call them, and had to wait on the phone for over 2 and a half hours. The rep tells me that it was never given to UPS. He is going to replace it, but at first wanted to only send it standard shipping. This is a Christmas gift, and eventually he agrees to expedited shipping. Two days go by and it still has not reached UPS. I use the online chat and waited over an hour. After waiting the second time, the rep could not care less and basically tells me that it will get here when it gets here. Nothing was done to assure me that it was given to UPS this time. She completely blew me off. This was the worst shopping experience and I will not order with them again. Do yourself a favor and use Amazon instead."

"I am currently ON HOLD with customer service, I have been for 15 minutes. I ordered a backpack on Tuesday Dec 16, and paid $25 for overnight delivery via UPS. It's for a birthday today, FRIDAY the 19th, and it's NOT HERE. The tracking info shows it was never given to UPS. They lied and said UPS lost it. I asked for them to ship it ASAP and get it here tomorrow. No can do, they said it will take two (2) days to process the order! Why did I PAY $25.00 for overnight shipping then? I asked to speak to a manager, and am still STILL waiting, stay FAR, FAR away from this company!"

"I will NEVER order from ThinkGeek again. I love the items that ThinkGeek has available, but they can never seem to get orders correct. I ordered something for my husband last year for Christmas and the order never shipped. When I was finally able to get in contact with customer service they said the item was out of stock. Instead of notifying me that the item was out of stock, they just never shipped it yet charged my credit card. They gave me a gift card to use instead of a refund. This year for Christmas I ordered something using my gift card I received the previous year. My order went through and shipped. When I got the order, it was hand warmers instead of a Binary MUG I ordered. When I called, they had told me the item was out of stock and they would reissue me the amount on the same gift card, which seems like a waste to me because I REFUSE to ever shop with this company again. So pretty much I am out of my money. If an item is OUT OF STOCK...... STOP SELLING it instead of over selling it and sending people the WRONG items. I was annoyed but understanding the first time around, but to have the EXACT same EXCUSE from them again this year is ridiculous! This company needs to get their stuff together real quick. "

modified review This review was modified by peach1230 on December 19 2014 10:47:25 AM

"I placed two separate orders with Think Geek. The first, a travel mug, still had not arrived when the second order (placed almost a week after the first) arrived at my door. Thinking that was a little weird and wanting to know if there was a problem, I used Think Geeks live chat option to ask about it.

I spoke with Afred Ivan who very quickly told me that, yes, my order had somehow been lost between processing and shipping. However, within 2 minutes he had already created a new order, free of charge of course, waived the shipping fee and assured me that I would still have my item before Christmas.

Despite the mishap of losing my order, I couldn't be happier with my purchase and the way it was all handled! Afred was very polite and extremely helpful. Will definitely purchase from them again!

modified review This review was modified by andreaasalways on December 18 2014 11:09:12 PM

"Terrible. How are they still in business? I placed 2 orders for Christmas gifts back in November. Received notices that both had been shipped but the first one never updated after that. ThinkGeek kept telling me it was on its way, it was on time, blah blah blah. After the 2nd order arrived they finally admitted my order was lost and they would send a replacement, but most items were out of stock now. The replacement shipped but they forgot an item, so that was sent out in another package. They gave me a $10 credit and I was stupid enough to order something else - when it finally arrived it wasn't even what i ordered. I tried to call them but the hold time is 3 hours. Waited on chat for 2 hours, the rep came on and greeted me but never responded to anything I wrote. So I tried chat again, waited an hour this time, finally got another person and wrote them a detailed note of what happened. They waited about 5 minutes and then typed back "Is there a specific question I can help you with?". Um...what the? Did you even read what I wrote? After that they wouldn't respond at all. This is crazy...I've never dealt with a company this bad."

"I submitted an order on 12/2 and have not received the package. I paid $7 for shipping and my item weighed less than a pound. However, they shipped it using a CHEAPER and unrealiable solution, UPS Mail Innovations. The tracking number never updated. I contacted ThinkGeek. After holding for some time, I finally got in contact with someone, who put me on hold for another 20 minutes while they "checked stock". Well, they NEVER came back! The chat disconnected due to "inactivity". I was furious. By the time I got a hold of someone else, I noticed an order was put through with expedited shipping. Great! Except it's now been 3 full business days and they've yet to even ship it. It's still processing. Are you kidding me? I buy a Christmas present for my wife, nearly a month in advance, and it can't make it to my door in time? I'm appalled. I feel cheated that I paid enough money for the item to ship UPS group, yet they attempted to fool me with a cheaper option. Then they top that off with terrible customer support. I have ordered from ThinkGeek several times in the past. This is my last. "

"THIS COMPANY'S CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CRAP!!!

This company has cool stuff, no doubt about that and they have a cool website. But what good is have cool stuff for sale if you can't actually get it to your customers? They are apparently having massive problems with their carrier this holiday season but are still offering free shipping on their website & claim that if you order today you will have it by Christmas. Let me just tell you, you most likely will not.

I placed an order on 11/30 for a bunch of stuff and got it on 12/8. YAY!

Before receiving that order, I placed another order on 12/2 & got an email on 12/6 saying it shipped. I checked it a week later and it still says it needs to be picked up by the carrier (basically the same thing it said on the 6th). I used their direct chat feature on Sunday 12/14, was told I was 38 in the queue and approx wait time of 22 minutes. Cool, I was writing out Christmas cards so I stayed online. 43 minutes later I was finally greeted by Jared. And then that was it. It was sadly a one sided conversation - the chat said we were connected and that Jared was "listening" but he never chatted back. I disconnected and was kinda pissed but I got over it.

I used the chat feature Monday morning 12/15 and got Katrina on the chat within 11 minutes. She looked up my order and told me that they are having problems with their carrier and unfortunately 2 of the 3 things I ordered are out of stock (here a hint Katrina, look at how MANY of each I ordered - I ordered 3 items but a quantity of 7). So they are going to refund for the OOS items and expedite ship me the one item that they still have in stock AND give me a $10 gift certificate for my trouble. I am disappointed but am okay with this resolution. UNTIL...I go check the replacement order about an hour later and it is for quantity 1. I ordered 3 of those suckers and PAID FOR THEM ALREADY.

You guessed it, I have to chat with these a-holes again. Now I am really pissed. I get someone fairly quickly and they put in another expedited order for the other 2. No I am sorry, no nothing.

So here's the real kicker, 2 days later one of the replacement orders is stuck at the carrier facility again or in their warehouse or whatever the hell is going on with their shit right now. So I ordered and paid for 7 items. I am still waiting on a credit for 4 of those items, 2 are on their way to me (fingers crossed) and one has fallen into the black hole with the first order. I am so sick of thinkgeek right now I could vomit.

And by the way, there are 184 people in the queue for their online chat help right now. That tells you how messed up they are.

modified review This review was modified by Dnice2002 on December 18 2014 12:41:08 PM

"This company has great products, only if you could get them to your door! I placed an order on Nov 26, and as of Dec 17th I still had not received it. They re-ordered the item for me a 2nd time about half way through, and it also never arrived. I tried to call from the customer service number on my email order confirmation and the automated lady told me the hold time was 140+ minutes!!! WHAT! Does anyone work there other than (1) person!!! then I tried to do the same VIA their chat customer service and I literally waited over 2 hours the first time (I was at work, and trying to talk to them at the same time, I took to long to respond to a question and the rep disconnected us), so I logged back on and waiting over another hour, RIDICULOUS wait times!!!!! they need more people working especially over the holidays.. the person I finally was online with the FIRST time said it looks like my order was lost, and he could give me a refund, did I want it.. the CLICK.. so the 2nd time, a different rep told me she could not issue me a refund as they have to wait 5 days from the date of the order shipped email for UPS to update their system, well this is total BS as I work in a similar industry and UPS does not take 5 days to update anything.. She still would not give me a refund, and although she apologized she had zero compassion for my situation, which it was a gift for my young son.. So I explained why and got transferred to a supervisor, explained everything to her and she asked me what I wanted her to do.. REALLY?!?! So after about 4-5 hours of dealing with 3 reps including one supervisor, I received a refund and was told it would take 2-6 days.. SERIOUSLY!!! The plus side was the very next today, today, the refund was in my bank account, so thanks for that... This was my first dealing with TG, and I am so not impressed with the poor customer service from this company. I only give this rating 2 stars because the refund showed up so fast, this of course could be my bank's doing.. Will I buy again, MAYBE, but no promises.. will I recomend the site, eh, for the cool items, maybe... eh'...."

"I ordered a Christmas gift on December 1st. On December 6th I received an e-mail saying my package was ready to be shipped. The e-mail indicated the tracking link would be available when the package shipped. After waiting a few weeks, I noticed that it still did not show shipped. I called to follow-up and was on hold for almost three hours. Now the item I ordered is out of stock and they are saying that UPS lost my package. Three hours for customer service is not acceptable. I will not be ordering from them again."

"I've ordered from ThinkGeek in the past and never really had an issue (besides the items I've purchased being of lower quality than I hoped), but this experience takes the cake. Ordered on Dec 3 (holiday presents), and on the 6th I was worried when I didn't see that the order processed so I contacted their live chat support. Luckily I got someone almost right away and she told me they were behind on orders from Black Friday, apologized and gave me a $10 off coupon. Magically the next day the order was finally processed and eventually got out to me much later than the shipping I paid for. My husband also ordered an item on Dec. 1st and has STILL NOT RECEIVED IT or was contacted at all. Maybe only those who call in to complain get their packages. After reading the other reviews here I realize I am lucky that I got my package in time at all. I won't be using that $10 gift certificate."

modified review This review was modified by meelocatus on December 18 2014 04:58:32 AM

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member
ThinkGeek.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!