• Address: 10201 Main Street Suite 100 Fairfax, VA 22030

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.01/10 1.01/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.14/10 1.14/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.91/10 0.91/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.22/10 0.22/10

"Think Geek sent a duplicate item. I have emailed them several times with no response, complained through their surveys, waited on hold for over 45 minutes, tried live chat but could not wait an hour to talk to them. There is no way to return unwanted items because they require a 'return number'. Although their stuff and indeed, their website seems cool, there are apparently no "geek monkeys" to service customers. "

"I ordered a product and then, a few hours later, they started offering free shipping. I attempted to have my shipping credited but they said they couldn't. I then attempted to cancel my order (placed only a few hours ago - Saturday night) and they said they couldn't.

I refused delivery and now they aren't crediting me for the return.

I have now disputed the transaction with my credit card company. I urge anyone who has issues with them to do the same since they will at least need to pay a fee to the card company for the dispute.

modified review This review was modified by rratings4233 on January 19 2015 05:06:13 AM

"I ordered two Christmas presents at the same time. One arrived promptly and the other never came. I checked the shipping status and it said they both arrived on the same day. I contacted ThinkGeek through their website and never heard anything. I then contacted a customer service rep via the online chat option. I had to wait 35 minutes, but when I finally got someone they refunded my money immediately and sent me a $10 gift certificate for the site. I would use them again, but not in cases where I need a present immediately."

"It's been nearly a month since I first made a return request through their portal for a defective product. That was ignored, so I followed up with an email. That was ignored, so I followed up with a live chat. I had provide all of my information over again, but I finally got some approval to return. Had to return the defective product on my own dime, costing more than $18 to ship via the cheapest option I could find. Been there a week, no update to my status. Their website is horribly arranged and makes it unnecessarily difficult to find information related to orders and returns. Still waiting for ANY resolution to this situation and sure as hell will never order from them again under any circumstances."

"Ordered a t-shirt on 12/15/14 and have not received it on 1/12/15. No answers to numerous emails and cannot sit long enough to wait to"chat" over 60 mins and holding several times!
Had many years of good products and service but there is definitely a problem with this company now.
Reporting to the BBB and my credit card company

modified review This review was modified by Mamdis on January 13 2015 11:13:59 AM

"returned the item. it took them very very long to process the return. then they tell you you should see the refund within 2 days. its been 6 days and i saw nothing on my card. you can email them all you want, they will not reply you. if you try calling you will be on hold forever (after 30 minutes i give up). if you try chatting online, you will wait for over an hour. their customer service is non existent. A word of advice for shoppers who are still brave enough to shop there: protect your purchase by using Paypal. They will help you get your money back in case Thinkgeek ignores all your emails. "

modified review This review was modified by rocknx on January 14 2015 08:41:10 PM

"Absolutely horrible. They sent the completely wrong item. No one answers the phones, the wait time for "online chat" is over an hour and they never responded to the submission of a return request through their website.

I've had to go the route of paypal dispute just to get the money back since no one will respond to me.

"Worst customer service ever! I tried to return something I received as a gift, but so far I haven't been able to. I emailed them 3 times, never heard back. I waited for FOUR hours to do a live chat, and I never received the email they said would tell me how to return my item. I tried calling, waited on hold for an hour before I gave up. I have given up on trying to return this item. I will NEVER EVER shop from think geek again."

"I have been a customer of ThinkGeek for 4 years and have NEVER had a problem. There must be something going on there...been waiting for 4 weeks for my order and on hold for the last hour. I emailed customer service and it has been 7 days. Don't know what's going on but this isn't like them. "

"I used to love ThinkGeek. I've used them for years without issue, but this holiday season they totally screwed up. I ordered three things as Christmas gifts from them. Two arrived fine and the third had the wrong item. I had ordered a board game but received a ladies tee. I tried calling their "24/7" customer service, but after 45 minutes of holding (listening to the same song with no updates on time to a representative) I hung up and decided to email them. I got an email reply saying appx 24-48 hours to reply to emails, but 5 days later, I heard nothing. I sent another email explaining this issue and lack of response, and still nothing. Since I was travelling, I didn't have a computer that I could wait "45" minutes on for online support. At work yesterday, I started the live chat after lunch. After 3 hours, yes three hours, I had gone from 114 to 38 in the queue. What?! I'm trying again this morning for the live online chat, and so far, after and hour, I've gone from 68 to 45. I will never purchase from thinkgeek again. Non-existent customer service. "

modified review This review was modified by k_koltai on January 06 2015 10:20:44 AM

"Missing items. Crushed items. On hold for over an hour, never got through! Live Chat wait was 1 hour and 16 minutes! If I could give them a negative number I would. Customer service is non-existent!

"On December 16th, I ordered a tshirt for my husband for Christmas. Not a big deal, since shipping was supposed to only take 3-5 days. Well, Christmas rolled around and... guess what... no tshirt. I did not receive the shirt until the Monday after Christmas. (the 29th) And guess what... it was not even close to the RIGHT TSHIRT. The only thing it had in common with the shirt I ordered was that it was, in fact, a tshirt. I have tried calling. I was on hold for 45 minutes and gave up. I tried chatting. I waited for someone for 2 hours, and then my browser magically crashed. I emailed. I emailed that day. (so, 4 days and some hours ago) and have STILL received NO RESPONSE. "

"Quite possibly the most horrible customer service experience in the history of ever. Created tracking numbers in my account history but never shipped the items. I called 10 days later to find this out and had to actually request a refund for the unshipped (and now unavailable) items!! To make matters even worse, they refused to refund the proper amount after being on hold for over an hour and a half and then arguing for over 30 minutes with Jared, a supervisor of all things. To add further insult to injury, the so-called unavailable items are indeed available to purchase on eBay from this vendor for over three times the price I paid. Really?? After all this you were lying about the availability to save a few bucks? Could you possibly have screwed this up any worse ThinkGeek? They'll be gone soon enough. Thanks for wasting hours of my life in the meantime!"

modified review This review was modified by jwcartier on December 30 2014 03:29:07 AM

"Never order at Thinkgeek . It is cheating from the start .
First you pay, than they say it has been shipped(it never has) , than they return money but they keep 20 % ? to pay the livechat sorries and apologizes .
I have UPS Connections, and there was never a package shipped to me, as they promised, and now they keep 20 %, 9,74 USD, just to do or ship nothing ? stay away .

"This pathetic excuse for a company just kept me on hold for two hours and finally I had to hang up. I feel abused and sickened. Yes, cool items but that is irrelevant. Someone who absolutely does not care about people has taken over this steaming pile of horse dung. I will never order from them again.

If you are looking for an Amazon-like experience forget it! Go elsewhere, save you strength. I wanted to return an item, but I will eat the $40 rather than put up with this abuse!

modified review This review was modified by keith-3502 on December 27 2014 07:13:36 AM

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member
ThinkGeek.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!