Stores > ThinkGeek.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review ThinkGeek.com by clicking a star below.
2017-10-15

Says items have shipped- no items a month later!

"They claim items shipped (ups only shows a label created, not picked up) but never did. These were gifts, ordered with ample time, and nothing a month later?! Chatted with customer service and still nothing! What happened? You guys used to be great, I've been ordering from y'all for years and never been treated like this."

2017-09-28

BUYER BEWARE

"I ordered something for my son's birthday almost 6 weeks ago and I still have not received it!!!!! The money was taken from the bank, and they said I could not cancel my order. It stated the money would be taken out only when the product was shipped. I did not receive the package, so I called the company. I exclaimed the situation, and said I want to cancel my order, they said I could not. They could not find my order and did not know when it shipped. I received an email saying it was shipped sept 15th. It is now sept 28, and nothing. I called 5 times, and the customer service people are clueless. Each promised to call me back after they looked into it. Nothing!!!! This afternoon, I received an email saying they ran out of the product. So I paid for something that they could not provide and will take over $400 dollars from my account , which I will not get for another month or Now my son will be dissapointed on his 10th Ibirthday. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN. Shame on you and your lousy company"

2017-09-02

Terrible customer service

"Ordered an item at ThinkGeek that got stuck in a UPS warehouse due to a damaged invoice. I've had contact with their customer support three times but the issue still isn't resolved. My package has been stuck in the same warehouse for well over a month now. To make matters worse UPS has already stated that I will have to pay an additional €25,- by the time the invoice papers are cleared in order to release the package.

Long story short, terrible customer service, definitely not worth ordering here if you live outside of the U.S.

2017-08-30

thinkgeek!

"thinkgeek is a very very odd store"

2017-04-16

Don't care about their customers

"So basically I ordered a gift for a friend's birthday, I'm in US, my friend is in UK. I paid extra for the package to be delivered express. There was an additional fee (tax as I was told) that my friend had to pay when he got it. Like who has to ever pay for their own gift? He had to deny the package cuz he didn't have enough cash on hand to pay and had to turn the package away. It went to the warehouse. I contacted think geek who told me I had to contact UPS. I contacted them and they said I had to contact think geek. Got the run around and told them that they are responsible for contacting their carrier, UPS. They said they can't get the package and oh I'm lost out on the money I paid, all I get is an apology, no chance to redirect the order to me or to be returned. I don't feel they properly made me the customer away of a fee to be charged and or the opportunity to pay prior so the person getting the package doesn't have to shell out more cash when they get it. Just a way to take advantage of their customer. Never again will I use them.

P.S I ordered a stupid Star wars bb8 waffle maker, the back panel of the hinge broke off the first time I used it so quality rating: 0

2017-04-12

Love these guys

"First of all, they have a really cool selection of stuff. Secondly, everything I bought two years ago is still in use, and is no longer on the website. This makes them very unique"

2017-03-24

Speedy Shipping!

"I ordered a ThinkGeek exclusive pop figure to be shipped to the U.K. (I'm a sticker collector and had to have this one). On the Sunday night I put my order through, and low and behold it was on my doorstep by the Wednesday. I'm not sure if the delivery speed is a recurring thing but I was so happy when I got it!

When my Funko Pop was delivered it was packaged perfectly and resulted in a mint condition pop. I'll definitely be ordering from ThinkGeek again. Great service.

2017-02-22

Never an Issue

"Ordered an awesome sweater for my Mom for Christmas, and unlike a lot of reviews I see here, my order arrived exactly when they said it would be. Just like all my other orders previous to this one.

This is definitely the place to shop for "geeks". Items for every genre and anywhere in the house. All price ranges too. Oh and they have an awesome rewards program, so the more you shop the more points you get for free stuff.

2017-01-17

Never again!

"I'm not sure ThinkGeek even takes itself seriously as a seller.

I got a Star Trek ring for Christmas, one I wanted for a really long time so obviously I was very excited to see it under the tree. What a surprise it was when I opened the box and the ring was missing a stone! So I called their help line right away and when a lady asked me to send her pictures of the ring I did so while still on the phone. I expected her to examine the picture right away but instead, she told me that someone would get back to me within the next 48 hours. I waited for a while and then decided to contact their online chat for help. The monkey examined the pictures and gave me RMA number. I sent the ring back the very next day in hopes of getting a new one soon. Two days later I get another e-mail - from the lady I spoke to the first time around asking for the pictures Except she didn't e-mail me, she e-mailed the original buyer, even though she had my e-mail address and knew I got the ring as a gift. In addition, she also wanted pictures of the box and the packaging. I told her I sent the pictures while still on the phone with her and since she didn't help I contacted someone else who did. I also asked her again if she could contact me, not the original buyer, I reminded her I got the ring as a Christmas present. Even after that, she e-mailed the original buyer again asking for the pictures again so I sent her the same ones I sent to the monkey on the chat line.

Again. JUST NOW, three weeks later, I received a new ring and IT'S BLACK! It's as if someone wore it or dropped it into acid and then sent it back and they sent me that exact ring! What the hell?!?

Do not buy from this vendor!

2017-01-15

Product didn't meet specs & bad customer service

"I ordered a jacket according to the sizing chart but when I received it the items was not sized right. Their customer service is not helpful at all. I would have to pay for more shipping and restocking fee IF they decided to take the item back. They should be owning up to the mistake rather than the customer paying more money to get what they ordered."

2016-12-19

Stay away from this vendor

"I just placed an order and then my daughter emailed me and said she also ordered the same item from them which I didn't know she was going to do. They don't have a "cancel order" link on their site. You need to get on a chat session and work it that way. The order states that it's "processing", but the rep said she can no longer cancel it. I asked about just refusing shipment and she said I could, but would still be charged for the item. I then asked about an RMA, as she didn't even bring that up as an option and she said "yes", but after reading these reviews I'm hesitant to even go that route. I am amazed a vendor like this is still in business. I just wished I would have read these reviews before ordering from them. The customer isn't even close to being first with ThinkGeek.com. My best advice to anyone reading this is to find it elsewhere."

2016-12-18

Buyer Beware!!! They are THE worst!

"Horrible rude customer service. Did not provide promised follow-up for pre-sale item. Refused to respond to email requesting clarification. Charged my account for something that wasn't due until February in December! Overdrafted my account and when I complained they said, "we"ll let the overlords know, it's shipped so nothing you can do about it." Are you kidding me? Their third party celery site is a joke that doesn't work! Thank goodness for PayPal and their protection! "

2016-12-07

Did not receive my order and was still charged.

"I wish I could give less than one star. I ordered over 55 dollars worth of christmas presents on this website and only received 2 of my orders. After a month of waiting the other 4 items were put on hold then never shipped. They failed to notify me and still charged me. I had to sit on the phone for 30minutes and all they could do is refund me after I asked them several times to. They would not give me the product for the price it was on sale. This is a horrible company and I will never buy from them again. THINK SMART and shop somewhere else. Just a heads up the four items I ordered were the 4 pack deal with the Beer can steins."

2016-11-23

Another unsatisfied customer

"Tried to order a $19.99 item and pay via paypal. Paypal goes through order does not complete.

I wait till the next morning and check, still nothing. I go back to their site and the item is still in my cart. So I figure, lets see if I can't fix this the other will clear, so I run it though again, this time paying with a debit card. Still doesn't work, but I do get billed!

Write them and explain the issue. The reply a day later that ther is problem with my first name. For the record I don't have one...

Call them up and talk for thirty six minutes. During which time there amazing customer service rep informs me that his manager says "What kind of person doesn't have a first name?" Okay so now I'm irate and speak with the manager who clears the order and says place it again and everything will be fine. I tell me, no you place the order while I sit here on the phone and you confirm that it went through.

He does, it doesn't, and in the process he tries again four times! So in total I have 6 charges to my account for an order that their website won't complete. He tells me I will have my money back in 24 hours.

Two days later I call and ask, so where is my money? I'm told oh no it takes 3-5 days to clear. Meanwhile I am out $148 until this clears which hampers my ability to purchase anything else over the thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks so much ThinkGeek you will never see my business again.

2016-11-09

Fraudulent Item Description and Poor Return Policies

"I ordered a light blue Star Trek hoodie as a gift. When I received it, it was teal, almost green, not light blue as pictured and described on their website (hence the fraud). I reached out to exchange for a yellow one. They said because it is not defective, I am responsible for return shipping, although they will send the new color with free shipping...that is not free shipping. I am paying for shipping twice for an item that was improperly described on their website.

I decided not to give THEM any of my money and am just returning the hoodie. I have now wasted double shipping (about $15) and have no merchandise. Hopefully they do refund my money for the purchase as they insist they will (after about 2 weeks of them receiving the merchandise back).

Share ThinkGeek.com's store rating

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member
ThinkGeek.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!