Stores > ThinkGeek.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

2016-02-03

Return policies bordering on thievery

"I placed an order around Christmas with ThinkGeek. I understood it might take longer to ship, especially where I am (Canada). A month later, I contacted them asking for an update as I haven't received my order. Customer service informed me that the order had "made its way back" to its warehouse and they would refund me. When I noticed I only received half the money back, I contacted them again, but they told me that they don't refund shipping in cases where the shipping error is on the customer's side. However my address was perfectly correct, and my buzzer goes straight to my phone, so there's no way I would have missed a shipment. Also the tracking info said the package had never left the state of Ohio. They came up with some excuse of their shipper not updating the info properly, but that it's still somehow my fault.

This is essentially theft. The package clearly never made it to my house, yet they're claiming it's my fault I never received it. How is this an acceptable business practice? ThinkGeek is keen on failing to make an effort to ship their orders and pocketing any money they make off shipping. This is unacceptable. NEVER shop with ThinkGeek.

This review was modified by Prax150 on February 03 2016 10:55:54 AM

2016-01-14

Don't waste your money

"I ordered a small, they sent me a large. The material is very poor quality and the customer service is nonexistent. I've been trying to contact them for over a month by phone and e-mail but I have received no responses besides the automated response saying they received my e-mail. Stay away from this site, its a scam "

2016-01-13

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

"I ordered a few items for my son-in-law and accidentally made a duplicate order. Called them right away and was told they couldn't stop shipment.

When I received the extra box I did everything exactly as described, even paid for return shipping - $16!
They sent me an email saying refund would be in 5 days, it's been 3 weeks.

I also tried to "live chat" and they put you on hold for 26 minutes and then disconnect.
Very uncool people to do business with, I will not buy from them again

This review was modified by inspirepeace85 on January 13 2016 04:47:58 PM

2016-01-11

Very cool items but not worth the pain

"I bought a lam for my son for Christmas. It was the Game of Thrones lamp. It arrived on time for Christmas, but the base of the lamp which is a sword was not properly attached to the based. I contact customer service and I waited over 65 MIN for somebody to get to me and process the return. They email me the labels and instructions to send it back by USPS. After 3 weeks no news from this company. I tried the LIVE CHAT which it takes over 60 mins again to get somebody. Well it says 25 min wait but you get disconnected. Finally I got somebody on the chat which after reviewing the information said the haven't received the lamp. Looking at the pace this company works, I hope my son will get his lamp in his life time. NO BUYING FROM THIS COMPANY ANYMORE!"

2016-01-09

"worst customer service every. I made an initial order which they cancelled. Was told to reorder it and of course the initial one ends up being shipped. Now i have duplicate orders so they charged me twice but will not offer a full refund.

update: took a whole month of contacting them before finally getting a refund

This review was modified by henrychen7 on January 09 2016 12:01:35 PM

2015-12-29

"I ordered 6 gifts in early November to be delivered for Christmas. I had them shipped out of state to my parent in laws where we would be spending Christmas. Low and behold, the one thing (out of checked baggage and multiple online purchases) that didn't arrive was my 6 items from ThinkGeek (which I stupidly relied on for an individuals whole gift).

So I called to find out why I was never notified at the beginning of December that my gifts were not delivered (they were sent BACK to ThinkGeek. Again, please remember that 20 other packages had absolutely no problem reaching this destination). Now they were out of 4 of the 6 gifts, but gave me a refund (gee thanks, that helps a TON on Christmas Eve eve in the middle of nowhere), a small store certificate (which wont even cover shipping of anything on there site) and a "replacement" for the two items in stock still. I explicitly repeat at least 3 times that the order now needs to be shipped to the billing address and NOT the original shipping address as we are not residents of that state. Representative Garrett agrees and says they are going to my state of residence. Disappointing, but workable.

Then comes my first full day back home on December 29th. I receive delivery confirmation that my ThinkGeek gifts were delivered to Ohio. Where we don't live and then I would be responsible for shipping them to myself AGAIN (a service I have already paid for). I call to have them solve it and Stephanie was only willing to issue me a refund after 90 minutes on hold listening to the same obnoxious music over and over and over again. So now I am out of gifts and have no recourse. I am not generally a reviewer but I now hate this service so much I have decided to let everyone else know not to order from them. If they can't figure out customer service or delivery maybe they deserve to be taken over by services like Amazon that actually TRY to make their shipments work.

BOO on ThinkGeek and BOO on their customer service (lack there of). Thanks for ruining our materialistic part of Christmas. Twice.

This review was modified by rockabird86 on December 29 2015 01:23:15 PM

2015-12-28

"Worst online shoping experience hands down huge over charge on my order sent after order was made . Spent hours dealing with costumer service and of course was nothing but waste of Time. Easily worst online store. I delt with. Never had a store charge after everything was cleared over 80 dollar jump . Could have bought same product at bestbuy for almost 100 dollars cheaper "

This review was modified by Zepstien on December 28 2015 05:17:34 PM

2015-12-16

"I was really disappointed when I purchased a 50 dollar star wars glass set, once I received it, and got to see them. They looked nothing like the pictures they has presented. They look and feel very cheap. There are literally a small light glass cup with a sticker around them. Needless to say I will no never order from them again!"

2015-12-04

"Duplicate order shipped. ThinkGeek would not issue a shipping label for the 2nd order that I was willing to send back for a full refund."

This review was modified by elpianoman on December 04 2015 12:48:47 PM

2015-12-02

"ThinkGeek is awesome! I was very dumb and shipped my Cyber Monday order to an old apartment complex I haven't lived at in 3 years! UPS couldn't do anything to stop or reroute the order. I contacted ThinkGeek customer service thinking it would be a long shot to get the same pricing, but they did it for me! They honored the sale price and the free shipping despite the fact that it had jumped back up to twice the price!"

This review was modified by HappyCustomer90 on December 02 2015 11:26:45 AM

2015-11-29

"Really bad customer service. I ordered some gifts on ThinkGeek's website. Unfortunately, it had been several years since my last order and when I got my confirmation from ThinkGeek less than an hour after I placed I realized they had the wrong shipping and billing address.

I immediately called them and was told there was "nothing they could do", as the order had been sent to the processing department and I was out of luck. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who also said the same thing. When I asked what I could do they were unable to offer any help.

The order was being processed and not been shipped, yet they were unable to do anything to change the address prior to shipping the product. Wtf!!!!! I thought a company with a name ThinkGeek would be a bit more tech savvy than this.

I would not recommend ThinkGeek to anyone after this. Shop Amazon, they are much better at the customer service thing.

2015-11-14

"I had an interesting experience this afternoon with ThinkGeek. I was looking online for some gift ideas, and found a few I liked. Living in Orlando, I thought "hey, I'll just stop into the store they have here and see if they have what I want.". So I went in and noticed something. A statue I liked was $40 online, but in store it was $79.99. Double the price. Same for a Funko Pop figure i thought my wife would like. Online-$9.99. In store-$16.99. I called customer service and they said the store markup may be to compensate for shipping and handling. However, after doing some math, the statue online, combined with one day/overnight shipping, would still be $15 less than what they were selling it for in store. I asked an employee about it, and he did mutter that they'll match the price online. However, a customer would have to call them out on it before they match it. After looking around, I found numerous instances of the markups. So a word of advice. Although they only have one brick and mortar store thus far, do your research. If you plan on buying something from the store, find the price online first to make sure it matches up. Shady business if you ask me. To be fair, everyone i talked to was pleasant, and I've been a customer of theirs online for years. But this left a bitter taste in my mouth."

This review was modified by pgdate317 on November 16 2015 05:33:01 PM

2015-11-04

"About two months after I upgraded to the iPhone 6 with Sprint at the Best Buy Mobile Store my screen cracked. I called the Apple Store to see what they would charge to fix it and they informed me it would be around $90. Then I remembered I purchased a Geek Squad protection plan through Best Buy. When I called and explained I needed my screen replaced the agent told me I was still covered under the 1 year Apple Warranty and that there would be no charge to replace my phone. They would overnight ship me a new phone and I would just have to mail my broken phone back unlocked. So that's what I did. A week later there was a $163 charge on my credit card from Best Buy/Geek Squad and an email stating my phone was NOT covered under the 1 year protection plan. I called Geek Squad to get to the bottom of what happened about 15 times. Each time I was transferred and rerouted around to different departments. A few times the call was "accidentally" disconnected. When I would rarely come across helpful agents, I asked them what it said in my file and they flat out admitted it said the agent I first spoke to made a note stating I wouldn't be charged and was covered. I've spoken to supervisors, the customer relations department and still nothing. No one has any answers or solutions to this error on their end. I do NOT recommend getting any kind of protection plan with them. Go directly to Apple. I wish I would have done that to begin with,. Geek Squad's customer service is atrocious!

2015-10-22

"I ordered a comic book that cam destroyed. They refused to do anything about it, and threatened me that I will never be able to order again if i filed a complaint with my bank. Check out the convo:

Kayla (Listening)
Kayla: Thank you for contacting ThinkGeek! My name is Kayla. How can I help you today?
File attachment upload has started.
The file 20151021_165743.jpg (1270.13KB) was received.
ME: in ref to Order #6ccc5e14b the comic book i ordered came to me destroyed.
Kayla: Hi. I'm very sorry your comic book arrived bent. Unfortunately, this item isn't covered under our return/replacement policy. As noted on the product's page (http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/htno/?pfm=Search&t=star%20wars%20variant ), all comics are shipped bagged and boarded, however cannot be guaranteed to arrive in mint or graded condition.
ME: Well thats ridiculous! Ok no problem I will file a complaint with my bank then.
Kayla: I do want to make you aware that if you file a chargeback with your bank, you will not be able to place orders with ThinkGeek in the future.
ME: Ok no problem. You guys should ship your products better, and stand behind your shipping. I paid for a garbage product and you will not fix it? No need to do business with you again.
Kayla: Thanks for chatting. Have a great day!

2015-07-22

"I ordered two blind bags and not only were the two the exact same item one of them was bent and had this powder, which i assumed was pigment from the resin piece, and finger prints all over it."

This review was modified by Auzie13 on July 22 2015 01:45:16 PM

Share ThinkGeek.com's store rating

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ThinkGeek.com is not a merchant member
ThinkGeek.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!