Stores > Things Remembered
  • Things Remember

Voice your opinion! Review Things Remembered by clicking a star below.
2016-01-04

"In December, I ordered an engraved necklace for my mother's 70th birthday. It was to be shipped for delivery by 12/28. On 12/21 I received a call that the order was cancelled. I immediately called customer service and was told the order was still in process and that the call to me was made in error. This is the same message I saw on the web site when checking my order status. When I didn't receive the item on the 28th, I called again and was again told that the order was with the vendor and give it another week. Another week and no necklace. This time when I called I was rudely told that I was notified on 12/21 that the order had been cancelled. I went through the entire story again with a supervisor to no avail. The entire time this is happening, the item is still showing as "In Stock" online. When I brought this to the supervisor's attention, she stated that the website just needed to be updated. If you want a special gift for a special someone do NOT order from thingsremembered.com!!"

2016-01-01

"I have ordered with Things Remembered twice now. First time was IN STORE and I had no problems so I figured I could shop online, and have the same positive interaction. How wrong I was...
I ordered a birthstone necklace from the online store three days before Christmas. Payment taken out THAT SAME DAY, and I thought all was well. I went to pay some bills today, and my card was declining. Login to my mobile banking to find not only the full payment, taken out a second time, but an extra $30 fee for what I did not know. The first rep I spoke with was not at all customer friendly. I told her i had two separate withdraws from my account the 30th and would like to know what the second one was. She insisted over and over that there was only one charge. After only 5 minutes of this I had had enough. Told her to have a great day and made my second call. I dialed again and got the second rep, who was much more helpful, at least in knowing what the charge was. I was told it was a holiday hold and everything would get put back into my account but there were no managers to talk to today. She also said I would get certificates, which, I appreciated but I am pretty positive I have no wishes to shop through them again and I would not be happy with that option.

I do not plan on coming back to this store for any business i have. Like I said before I didn't have any problems IN STORE, but online is just a cluster. I do not recommend them.

2015-07-09

"I went to the store at mall of america and I was asking the woman that she was working some questions because it was my first time to shop in that store she was really mean and having an addutied .
You have to hear people who smile and welcome people not who give them hard time anyway I like the things at the store.

2015-06-24

"A few days go I saw an item (item no. 796929) at a reduced price of $14.99 on their website. Today their website offers a 20 percent discount on already reduced item. However, that same item is now listed at a reduced price of $19.99. How can $14.99 to $19.99 be a reduction? Is that not false advertisement?"

2015-05-18

"Daughter graduating in 3 days and needed some personal gifts. So we went to the Things Remembered store in Rivertown Plaza, Grandville, MI and found three items we thought she'd love. Then we had them monogrammed and inscriptions put on them and we could have picked them up in 1 hour, but instead picked them up the next day. Wonderful choice. They were boxed and polished and looked great. When we gave them to our daughter, she was thrilled with each of them - a bracelet, a jewelry box and a business card name plate with her degree on it - MBA! THANK YOU THINGS REMEMBERED."

2015-04-29

"FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

On 4/2 i ordered a cross multifunction pen online. AS ADVERTISED, IT HAD 2 CAPS, 1 is the classic cap and the 2nd a stylus. That's the only reason why i bought it here - for the 2 caps. I paid a hefty expedited shipping and it arrived on 4/7.

I'm soooo disappointed with what i received. If i only knew i would get a pen with only the stylus cap, i could have bought it at the cross website and paid a lesser amount of 2 day shipping compared to TR.

On 4/8 i emailed customer service stating i received a pen not as advertised, a pen with only the stylus cap.

On 4/10 cs replied:

Hello ______,

Hello. I apologize for the error with your order.   I will have a replacement sent to you immediately.  You can expect this to arrive __4/20/2015.  Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you.

__'_____ _____

500 S Bailey Rd | North Jackson, OH  44451
1.800.685.6802
_____@thingsremembered.com
Don’t Just Say it. Engrave it.

So i waited. On 4/20, no replacement was sent. I did not even received a tracking confirmation that a replacement has been sent indeed.

On 4/21, i emailed them again, a ff up with my previous complain and pressing on the the replacement as stated.

I was only IGNORED and did NOT get any response!!!

On 4/26, i wrote a review on their site. Stating the problem with my order and the replacement that was not sent. I also submitted a picture of the pen i received and 3 screenshots of my original order, the response i received and the email to access and make a review on the product i purchased in their website.
Next page says the review will be published ol after 72hours if approved.

So would i recommend this?
NO. NEVER.
SAVE YOUR MONEY INSTEAD OF BUYING FALSELY ADVERTISED.

2015-02-13

"I ordered an item 2 weeks before Valentines day. I was promised it would be there 2 days before hand. The day it was supposed to be delivered, I call and ask what happened and they say UPS lost my item. So I get another one made and I am told it will arrive 2 days later. So once I call again, they say it's just now being picked up by UPS. I am very upset with this company and its service. PLEASE DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL BE HIGHLY UNSATISFIED."

2015-01-05

"I ordered a birthstone necklace on 12-18 it is now jan 5! And i still do mot have it! I called them on 12-29 since it had been "guaranteed " on the website to arrive 12-24 and they told me it was a specialty item and no way it could be ready by the 24th and that i needed to be patient! That it should arrive in 2 days! Of coursevit didnt arrive 2 days later either. I havr been calling and calling and no one will help me! I would just cancel the order but I really want this necklace, its a thoughtful gift from my husband which makes it priceless to me. Its just so disappointing and fustrating that nonone is helping me, the customer service reps are absolutely useless! My advice dont buy Nuthing from here unless you want disappointment and fustration"

2014-12-06

"I looked at many online options and only TR had the right mens bracelet for me. There website customization tools worked well and gave me an accurate idea of what it would look like. Once I got up the nerve to order ( after all the negative reviews on this site) the process was easy and went without a hitch. I'm happy with my purchase and would buy from them again (even though their jewelry seemed a little expensive to me. )"

2014-09-23

"I've waited well over a month for an item. Each time I called, I was told that my product was on back order and would be sent. On my most recent call, I was informed the order was dropped. I had to reorder. I would have given up and gone elsewhere, but it was a promised gift. I might use my local store again, but I won't go the online route in the future. "

2013-12-24

"Things Remembered Store -HORRIBLE, that is all I Should say about this place. I called to get engraving done on a snow globe for my husband and my first Christmas together. Spelled the name 7 times to be sure the person on the line had it correctly spelled. I get the globe it is scratched and the names are completely incorrect!!!! I call and express my concern the "manager" as she says she was named Kylie or Kaylee says oh people make mistakes and I don't need to deal with this we are not a phone order system! Excuse me business is business weather I ordered it over the phone or in the store it is still business. She said best we can do is make you a new Plate for the globe and have it ready tomorrow I am out of town for HOLIDAYS. So I give them info to make a new plate will be a late gift then I go to spell our names and I spell mine to her and my name starts with a D she says oh D like DOG, I said D like Daniel or David the "Manager" says D like DOG and laughs....HOW RUDE, what kind of service is this and what kind of person do you put in management. So frustrated with service I received in the St.Cloud MN Crossroads mall WILL NEVER SHOP AGAIN THERE!!!!! Will also go above this!!!"

2013-11-19

"My son and I recently purchased groomsmen gifts from this company and we could not have been more disappointed! The engraving was poor. One mug was scratched. Instead of getting a new one they tried to buff the scratch out which made it worst. Now it is a day before the gift is needed and we are given no options. If we take the mug from the store we can not get a new one. In desperation we told them we wanted a refund. After 2 weeks no refund and they tried to say we took the mug! In trying to get this resolved they told multiple lies. We even had voice mail they had left and claimed they didn't leave. POOR I mean NO customer service! "

2012-12-21

"My grade F. Ordered A photo throw for Christmas delivery on December 7th. According to the website standard delivery would be fine for Christmas delivery. No throw ever arrived and prompted me to call to find out why. Called customer service starting on 12/18 and they said on multiple occasions that it was shipped and would arrive as promised. Needless to say, all blatant lies. Received this email on December 21st just hours after being told it would arrive later today by UPS Next Day Air:

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your order with Things Remembered! We regret to inform you that we will not be able to fulfill and deliver your Photo Throw order in time for the holiday due to production constraints. We sincerely apologize for this unfortunate circumstance. At this point we have some options for you to consider:

1. Receive a 50% discount on your Photo Throw if you would like to keep your order for delivery by January 11, 2013
OR
2. Receive a second throw of equal value at NO additional charge to you.
OR
3. Cancel your order.

Please respond to this e-mail with the resolution that works best for you.

Again, we are very sorry for this situation. We value your business and hope that one of the options above will be acceptable.

Thank you!

Don’t use them!!! I have wasted over 3 hours of my time chasing this order.

Share Things Remembered's store rating

Things Remembered is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Things Remembered is not a merchant member
Things Remembered does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!