Stores > Things From Another World

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.00/10 8.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

2016-09-19

New to comics in general

"And "Kyle" from TFAW has been very helpful. Also, all the comics come secured and in amazing condition. Doing all my comic shopping thru them for now on. The only thing I DONT like is that sometimes they use DHL, and DHL where I live is absolutely terrible."

2016-07-14

Not much help with Customer Support

"I recently had an order sent to an incorrect address which was not the stores fault as the site had two "home" addresses saved and i apparently only applied a new address to my billing and not to the shipping as well. When contacting for options i was told that there was nothing they could do, which i was fine with since i figured that would be the case as the package was delivered already to the incorrect address and i am basically relying on them to be decent and return my package.

When trying to get an expedited reorder and shipping through Support, i was told to re add all items and create a new order. I would have liked if they would have taken care of that for me.

Also, i was only contacted about an hour before close of day so any responses coming from me had to wait till the next day, resulting in a 3 day email correspondence.

I just wish it was not as difficult as it was to get what i needed

This review was modified by WinnieCooper on July 14 2016 11:24:59 AM

2016-07-06

Love this site!

"Just getting back into comics again after being away from collecting for the last 10 years. Love the subscription service as I have no good comic shops near me. Comics arrive packed very good and various shipping options are a bonus. Just wish the subscription ordering process was easier. A little hard to get the hang of. Will be visiting your Universal, CA store the week of SDCC. Can't wait!"

This review was modified by Dartzy on July 06 2016 09:13:22 AM

2016-05-14

Solid service

"Started ordering comics from TFAW after my local comic shop closed its doors a year ago. I miss the local shop atmosphere, but don't have to worry about the service. Items are well packaged, no problems with basic USPS shipment. Appreciate the bag and board option."

This review was modified by photoleia on May 14 2016 06:46:06 AM

2016-05-03

Great comics and related service!

"Things from Another World are always on-the-ball. When i moved to my new place (in 2011), i hadn't included TFAW in my list of addresses to update. When i received the email about a new shipment, i emailed, or called (can't remember which), TFAW Customer Service immediately went to the mailroom to retrieve the package and readdress it. All the customer service is like that. I really like this company and only wish I lived in the Pacific Northwest so I could go to the store."

This review was modified by darkover-fan on May 03 2016 07:41:12 AM

2016-01-04

"i from Russia, i received my 4th shipment from tfaw.com, two from three comics is dented. Package in good condition it's not postal service. i very dissatisfied, they answered me:

Dear Rustam,

Thank you for contacting us. I looked at the photos, and unfortunately we can only guarantee a Very Fine condition or better, and these fall within that grading from the photos you sent to us. Sadly there isn’t anything we can do to get you anymore out to you at this time. We sadly can’t guarantee Near Mint as the only way to receive them in that condition would be to pick them directly off the printer. You can view more about our Grading Policies on the site here: http://www.tfaw.com/Help/Comic-Grading___176

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.  If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us at any time, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.  Have a great day.

Kyle Steele
TFAW Customer Service

This review was modified by Rustam007 on January 05 2016 01:20:33 AM

2015-11-27

"Wonderful experiance.low cost.easy buy."

This review was modified by ziprot on November 27 2015 12:55:58 PM

2015-10-07

"Pre-ordered a book back in August. Had a problem processing the payment before it was supposed to ship. Nbd, I changed the credit card. I thought they were going to ship the book on September 3rd, the day when it was made available, but instead, they shipped it four days before the other release date, September 15th. Again, no big deal, though I was surprised and slightly disappointed because I had wanted it earlier. Well, it is now October 7th, and I still haven't got the book yet, and I have to wait till tomorrow to even begin asking for a refund. I am never ordering from these people again."

2015-09-23

"TFAW details how much things could cost and how much time it will take to ship items overseas. It is an invaluable way to gauge where and when to order books when traveling."

2015-08-31

"If it's comics, graphic novels, RPGs or anything related to the above, TFAW has it at a reasonable price. They also have the best range of optiions for packing and shipping, and the staff members are knowledgeable and courteous. All in all, a joy to work with. I will be returning often!"

This review was modified by SnowJade on August 31 2015 01:25:12 PM

2015-06-02

"Order #1606634, May 1. I order 6 Chew back issues comics and 2 new chew comics. so far tfaw has sent three packages charging me postage each time. one package was lost in the mail. The other 2 packages included 1 comic each and 1 comic was damaged. tfaw fills back issues as they come in so they will send one comic at a time and mulitple packages until the order is filled. in this case i order 6 back issues about $10 worth of books and was sent three packages with postage totaling $10.50 each time. at this point, after paying postage 3 times, one package is missing, the 2nd packaged had a damaged book and the 3rd package is on the way. NEVER order back issues from TFAW.

This review was modified by robotur on June 05 2015 06:22:28 PM

2015-03-25

"This is a truly awesome place to get your comics/graphic novels. the service is awesome, ordering is way to easy. The easiest online store to get what you need. Keep it up guys the customer service is amazing. I am a huge fan already. The 5 star rating I gave is a true depiction of the service and selection of this site."

This review was modified by justinmags84 on March 25 2015 11:29:24 AM

2014-11-28

"I certainly love buying the latest Dark Horse comics from these guys as well as catching up on old issues. And never had a problem with their "nick and dent" discounts. Ordering is fast and easy, although if there is one quibble (a small one), is that it can be difficult to search for an exact item."

2014-11-21

"Backstory:

Pre-ordered MONTHS ago the Harley Quinn Annual 1 (non christmas tree smell). Ordered 30 copies for myself as well as several other boardies.

Email sent saying books were "ready to be shipping", however it noted that they were now converted to the Christmas tree one. I quickly emailed them back and was assured by Kyle that this was not the case and I would get the proper books.

Books get delivered. Open up the package and low and behold they are CHRISTMAS TREE. Sent another email to Kyle informing him of their mistake and he said oh shoot, send them back we will credit you for them.

Perfect, can you send me replacements of the ones I ordered?
No we don't have those ones left.
Ok I will take the alternate cover then.
Sorry limit of 5 per person.
Really? Even though I ordered these months ago?
Yup.
So I will get them at the price I paid initially?
Really? Even though I pre ordered these months ago and YOU (TFAW) made the mistake?
Ya I have no way to change the price. Plus we can't give you more than 5.

So they will not receive any future orders from me. I apologize to those other guys who were hoping to get some of these that got screwed out of it.

2014-11-17

"Easy to use site, very user friendly."

This review was modified by louisdh on November 17 2014 04:42:52 PM

Share Things From Another World's store rating

Things From Another World is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Things From Another World is not a merchant member
Things From Another World does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!