Stores > The Great Courses

1-703-378-3819
      customerservice@thegreatcourses.com
      1-800-832-2412

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review The Great Courses by clicking a star below.
2017-05-11

They Really Hate Customers

"I can tell you that as an employee still with the company that the majority of the call center hates customers. They believe that it is a battle that they must win against the customer. One case in point, an elderly customer called in to place a fairly large order and was slow in giving the information. The rep put the customer on mute and started to make fun of her while stating that because of the customer, his stats were going to suffer. He then tried to upselll the woman and became belligerent when she would not take his offers. Another time, a rep called a customer a sucker for taking his upsell of a crappy course. It is a constant customer bashing in the call center."

2017-03-28

They have helped me so very much through my journey of life. I owe them so very much. Thanks to one and all.

"I have gained a lot knowledge being a lover/and user of The Great Courses! I can't thank them enough."

2017-02-10

This website ir really great!

"Decided to learn how to draw with The Great Courses. It's not that much at a cost and I'm so inspired by their course. Recommend to others. "

2016-12-29

insufficient

"I order 3 items and only rec'd the storyteller course"

2016-08-22

Outstanding!!!

"Several courses taken and all were Five Stars."

2016-08-06

"Great, useful information. Very enjoyable & highly recommended for all aspiring photographers."

2016-07-08

Too many lectures!

"There are too many lectures that I have yet to finish the first course I started. The second course is still shrieked wrapped and unopened."

2016-06-21

disapointment

"for someone who had been teaching this class for over 20 years, i felt like his delivery was very flat. got the sense that at times he was just reading from his notes. i'm a very big wwii history fan and this course did not excite me. have no desire to listen to it again so i gave it away."

2016-06-17

Not really for point and shoot owners

"I loved the course once we got into the nitty gritty of setting up a photo, content, light,etc. Although the technical bits in the first part of the course were interesting they did not apply in my case

2016-05-16

Too Many Mailings & Dubious Sales

"To being with, we seem to get one of the emails or snail mail catalogs every few days. It was easy to stop the emails through their web site, but stopping the snail mail catalogs required calling, and it was a long, tedious process. During the first call, I was on hold for 8 mins. 12 secs., and when it finally connected to a rep, the call abruptly was ended. I called again and was on hold another 9 mins. and finally managed to speak to someone, who told me he would take care of it, but it will take 4 - 6 wks. to be completely removed from their catalog list.

I find the sales to be dubious. For instance, they seem to consistently say they are having a big sale. They advertise a course on sale for $120 that supposedly has a regular price of $500. I don't believe this at all - I think it's just a sales tactic.

I ordered one course - it was nice - but it wasn't worth the money I paid for it, and it certainly wasn't worth all this hassle.

2016-05-09

Lack of instructor contact

"The course is adequate for learning at home. However, my problem is when doing the exercises, there is no feedback from an instructor. Therefore, I am never sure if I'm on the right track or if there is some way that I can improve my writing."

2016-04-29

Simply great to deal with.

"A minimum of fuss. Issues, although rare, are sorted out promptly."

2016-04-24

My brain loves this!!

"My new favorite hobby is listening to The Great Courses lessons. I have learned about Particle Physics, Ancient Egyptian History, the Anatomy of the Brain, and the Industrial Revolution. My brain can barely contain its delight in what it will learn next! The few courses that did not meet my expectation were easily returned without a hassle."

2016-04-17

Great service and FAST too!

"All 3 courses I ordered at GREAT savings arrived exactly when promised in perfect order and condition. Thank you Great Courses for another satisfied customer."

2016-04-14

Great experience

"I have viewed part of the Old Testament course taught by Amy-Jill Levine and it is great! Looking forward to learning while I make a long drive!"

Share The Great Courses's store rating

The Great Courses is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Great Courses is not a merchant member
The Great Courses does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!