Stores > The Great Courses

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-08-22

Outstanding!!!

"Several courses taken and all were Five Stars."

2016-08-06

"Great, useful information. Very enjoyable & highly recommended for all aspiring photographers."

2016-08-03

Too pricy

"Great Courses items are just too pricy for UK customers. I think the UK prices should reflect the $/£ exchange rate at any given time and not just swap the $ sign for the £ sign but keeping the numbers the same.

Many thanks.

Godfried Geyevu

2016-07-08

Too many lectures!

"There are too many lectures that I have yet to finish the first course I started. The second course is still shrieked wrapped and unopened."

2016-06-21

disapointment

"for someone who had been teaching this class for over 20 years, i felt like his delivery was very flat. got the sense that at times he was just reading from his notes. i'm a very big wwii history fan and this course did not excite me. have no desire to listen to it again so i gave it away."

2016-06-17

Not really for point and shoot owners

"I loved the course once we got into the nitty gritty of setting up a photo, content, light,etc. Although the technical bits in the first part of the course were interesting they did not apply in my case

2016-05-16

Too Many Mailings & Dubious Sales

"To being with, we seem to get one of the emails or snail mail catalogs every few days. It was easy to stop the emails through their web site, but stopping the snail mail catalogs required calling, and it was a long, tedious process. During the first call, I was on hold for 8 mins. 12 secs., and when it finally connected to a rep, the call abruptly was ended. I called again and was on hold another 9 mins. and finally managed to speak to someone, who told me he would take care of it, but it will take 4 - 6 wks. to be completely removed from their catalog list.

I find the sales to be dubious. For instance, they seem to consistently say they are having a big sale. They advertise a course on sale for $120 that supposedly has a regular price of $500. I don't believe this at all - I think it's just a sales tactic.

I ordered one course - it was nice - but it wasn't worth the money I paid for it, and it certainly wasn't worth all this hassle.

This review was modified by lecetc on May 16 2016 10:53:20 AM

2016-05-10

BUS 515 FINAL EXAM

"BUS 515 FINAL EXAM
homeworktutorialshelp.com provide huge collection of Accounting Courses for Students`

Description:
(25 QUESTIONS) ALL ARE CORRECT (INCLUDE CHAPTER 6 THROUGH CHAPTER 10)

Chapter 6

Multiple Choice Question 19

What measures the central tendency of a set of data?

Coefficient of variation

Variance

Standard deviation

Mean

Range

Multiple Choice Question 39

Consider a p-chart measuring the percentage of defective light bulbs. If the LCL is .04 and a sample has 1% defects, what is the implication?

The process is in a state of control.

The process is out of control even though the variation is “good.”

The value of sigma must be increased.

The process has too many errors.

A calculation error must have occurred

Multiple Choice Question 16

An OC curve is an example of what?

Traditional statistical tools

Fishbone diagramming

Acceptance sampling

Experimental design

Statistical process control

Multiple Choice Question 25

On a control chart, what separates common from assignable causes of variation?

x-bar lines

Control limits

Specification limits

Production limits

Mean divided by standard deviation

Multiple Choice Question 41

What are preset ranges of acceptable quality characteristics?

Control limits

Product specifications

Six-sigma limits

AQC limits

R-chart limits

Chapter 7

Multiple Choice Question 26

According to JIT, is carried to cover up a wide variety of problems, such as poor quality, demand uncertainty, and slow delivery

This review was modified by homeworktutorialshelp on May 20 2016 12:14:53 AM

2016-05-09

Lack of instructor contact

"The course is adequate for learning at home. However, my problem is when doing the exercises, there is no feedback from an instructor. Therefore, I am never sure if I'm on the right track or if there is some way that I can improve my writing."

2016-04-29

Simply great to deal with.

"A minimum of fuss. Issues, although rare, are sorted out promptly."

2016-04-28

Awesome Photography Course!!

"Click my link and check it out !

This review was modified by tdonica on April 28 2016 06:27:51 AM

2016-04-24

My brain loves this!!

"My new favorite hobby is listening to The Great Courses lessons. I have learned about Particle Physics, Ancient Egyptian History, the Anatomy of the Brain, and the Industrial Revolution. My brain can barely contain its delight in what it will learn next! The few courses that did not meet my expectation were easily returned without a hassle."

2016-04-17

Great service and FAST too!

"All 3 courses I ordered at GREAT savings arrived exactly when promised in perfect order and condition. Thank you Great Courses for another satisfied customer."

2016-04-14

Great experience

"I have viewed part of the Old Testament course taught by Amy-Jill Levine and it is great! Looking forward to learning while I make a long drive!"

This review was modified by Jlocke1359 on April 14 2016 04:27:00 PM

2016-04-03

"The presenter has great delivery. Enjoyed the examples shown, and the connections made throughout the presentation. "

Share The Great Courses's store rating

The Great Courses is a Merchant Member! Learn more

The Great Courses is a merchant member
The Great Courses participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,633 merchant members.