Stores > The Great Courses

Customer service: Rating 9.02/10 9.02/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10

2016-05-16

Too Many Mailings & Dubious Sales

"To being with, we seem to get one of the emails or snail mail catalogs every few days. It was easy to stop the emails through their web site, but stopping the snail mail catalogs required calling, and it was a long, tedious process. During the first call, I was on hold for 8 mins. 12 secs., and when it finally connected to a rep, the call abruptly was ended. I called again and was on hold another 9 mins. and finally managed to speak to someone, who told me he would take care of it, but it will take 4 - 6 wks. to be completely removed from their catalog list.

I find the sales to be dubious. For instance, they seem to consistently say they are having a big sale. They advertise a course on sale for $120 that supposedly has a regular price of $500. I don't believe this at all - I think it's just a sales tactic.

I ordered one course - it was nice - but it wasn't worth the money I paid for it, and it certainly wasn't worth all this hassle.

This review was modified by lecetc on May 16 2016 10:53:20 AM

2016-05-10

BUS 515 FINAL EXAM

"BUS 515 FINAL EXAM
homeworktutorialshelp.com provide huge collection of Accounting Courses for Students`

Description:
(25 QUESTIONS) ALL ARE CORRECT (INCLUDE CHAPTER 6 THROUGH CHAPTER 10)

Chapter 6

Multiple Choice Question 19

What measures the central tendency of a set of data?

Coefficient of variation

Variance

Standard deviation

Mean

Range

Multiple Choice Question 39

Consider a p-chart measuring the percentage of defective light bulbs. If the LCL is .04 and a sample has 1% defects, what is the implication?

The process is in a state of control.

The process is out of control even though the variation is “good.”

The value of sigma must be increased.

The process has too many errors.

A calculation error must have occurred

Multiple Choice Question 16

An OC curve is an example of what?

Traditional statistical tools

Fishbone diagramming

Acceptance sampling

Experimental design

Statistical process control

Multiple Choice Question 25

On a control chart, what separates common from assignable causes of variation?

x-bar lines

Control limits

Specification limits

Production limits

Mean divided by standard deviation

Multiple Choice Question 41

What are preset ranges of acceptable quality characteristics?

Control limits

Product specifications

Six-sigma limits

AQC limits

R-chart limits

Chapter 7

Multiple Choice Question 26

According to JIT, is carried to cover up a wide variety of problems, such as poor quality, demand uncertainty, and slow delivery

This review was modified by homeworktutorialshelp on May 20 2016 12:14:53 AM

2016-05-09

Lack of instructor contact

"The course is adequate for learning at home. However, my problem is when doing the exercises, there is no feedback from an instructor. Therefore, I am never sure if I'm on the right track or if there is some way that I can improve my writing."

2016-04-29

Simply great to deal with.

"A minimum of fuss. Issues, although rare, are sorted out promptly."

2016-04-28

Awesome Photography Course!!

"Click my link and check it out !

This review was modified by tdonica on April 28 2016 06:27:51 AM

2016-04-24

My brain loves this!!

"My new favorite hobby is listening to The Great Courses lessons. I have learned about Particle Physics, Ancient Egyptian History, the Anatomy of the Brain, and the Industrial Revolution. My brain can barely contain its delight in what it will learn next! The few courses that did not meet my expectation were easily returned without a hassle."

2016-04-17

Great service and FAST too!

"All 3 courses I ordered at GREAT savings arrived exactly when promised in perfect order and condition. Thank you Great Courses for another satisfied customer."

2016-04-14

Great experience

"I have viewed part of the Old Testament course taught by Amy-Jill Levine and it is great! Looking forward to learning while I make a long drive!"

This review was modified by Jlocke1359 on April 14 2016 04:27:00 PM

2016-04-03

"The presenter has great delivery. Enjoyed the examples shown, and the connections made throughout the presentation. "

2016-03-31

Learning Never Goes Out of Style!

"I have been extremely pleased with all the courses I have ordered! I have found the professors to be well spoken and interesting and the courses have kept me wanting to continue! I will continue to order!"

2016-03-30

"The course was great.
It all the mail that I am getting since then ,wanting me to order more that is bothering me.
Save the company some money, and quit sending me this stuff.
Arland Lindsley

2016-03-29

Not quite what I expected...BUT...

"I expected more science and less generalizations. The use of the word "but" got to be a distraction. Religion was not addressed well. Far better is Michael Shermer's course: Skepticism 101: How to Think like a Scientist. (No buts about it.)"

2016-03-28

Reading, Writing and Arithmetic

"I've ordered courses on all these subjects, including the course for high school students on becoming a successful student. I am very pleased with the courses I ordered for myself. The first two were CDs, but the latest was in DVD format. Frankly, either format works just fine for me. I am an avid reader, and enjoy learning a variety of subjects. The courses were as advertised, and I will continue to order in the future."

2016-03-28

The Great Courses ARE REALLY GREAT!!!

"I'VE ORDERED SEVERAL COURSES OVER THE LAST YEAR AND THINK THAT THEY OFFER A FIRST CLASS PRODUCT, HIGHLY RECOMMEND THESE TO ANYONE WHO LOVES LEARNING."

2016-03-26

Caterpillar

"Sometimes I feel like a caterpillar because it takes me so long to get things done --- Like reviewing my Great Courses! I have 3 now & I've still only made the time to get thru one of them but I'm enjoying it greatly. Thanks!"

Share The Great Courses's store rating

The Great Courses is a Merchant Member! Learn more

The Great Courses is a merchant member
The Great Courses participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,592 merchant members.