Product & services pricing Rating 7.06/10 7.06/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.35/10 5.35/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.09/10 6.09/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.67/10 5.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.78/10 4.78/10

"The worst place to buy photography equipment. I was sold a Canon flash for $409. And told it will be mailed in 2 days. But the next day a lady called from Miami saying it was not in stock. But Bundle with lots of junk was in stock and it will cost me $450.00 and can be shipped next day. So I agreed. But the package came after close to 15 days. So I refused it and sent it back. On October 20th, I got a confirmation that package has been received and credit has been issued and it will take 7-14 days to show up on my credit card. I still have not received my credit after almost a month.
My advice to all the people. Its worth paying few $$ more to 42nd st photo and get US warranty Items

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-19-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

“Your refund has been issued and we see you ordered extra equipment with your purchase”

"Do not buy from these SCAM ARTIST. They are a bait and switch company. They popped up on google with a great price for a camera flash I wanted for Christmas, so I sent a link to my Mom. So she ordered it. They called her the next day saying what they say to everyone who buys anything from them: "The item you ordered is out of stock everywhere, but we can offer you an even better item at a better price". That flash is available anywhere. But my poor mother doesn't know about camera flashes and she doesn't know about CROOK SCAM ARTIST. She went along with the BAIT AND SWITCH salesperson, because my mom is a trusting person. When she told me about this it sounded sketchy to me, because the flash I wanted is easily available, so I did some research. Theestoreonline is not a real business. They are a classic bait and switch business preying on the naive. I told her to call back and cancel the order, but when she tried they told her that it had already shipped. Yea. of course it did. Apparently that is what they always say. I don't even want to imagine what they will say when we try to return the flash. The best way to fix this is probably contact your credit card company and tell them to cancel payment. They are familiar with this organization. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER. DO NOT BE THEIR NEXT VICTIM. spread the word about these people so others don't get scammed."

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-19-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

““““““.””As a longtime employee of theestoreonline.com , I am greatly disturbed by this "review." Before responding directly to this review, I'd like to note that estoreonline has over 100,000 satisfied customers. Out of all our customers, a fraction of one percent of our customers encounter a problem. Although this is such a great minority of our customers, we still get distressed over every single customer that is not wholly satisfied. Therefore, estore does everything in its power to leave every customer happy that they purchased something fromtheestoreonline.com Unfortunately, due to the fact that estore serves so many consumers, it is inevitable that mistakes do sometimes occur. This does not only apply to estore, but any major corporation or powerseller one can think of, such as Apple or Nike. Being that we are a powerseller, we do admit that mistakes could have occured with specific orders. Regards,
Bob Mayer
estore customer service Employee”””””””

"Spoke with customer service and they resolved the issue. "

"I purchased two Nikon flashes with theestoreonline. While in both cases I received a call with the suggestion to go for a slightly better package (and price) I was happy with the outcome. Shipping was about 7 days for my first order and about 4 days on second one.
To be completely honest, I found the store listed on a popular search engine while looking for the Cheapest offer on those flashes. And I did expect a little catch behind; need to be realistic!
Anyways, all in all, my items came with full manufacturer warranty (not gray market stuff) and I ended up paying the lowest price out there. Got it quickly as well.
So, happy all the way.

"STEER CLEAR from this company. Definitely a BAIT & SWITCH company. My story is pretty much like most of the other stories here. Someone calls me and leaves a message to call them back for verification purposes. I did, and the guy tells me that the OEM battery I selected is on a nationwide backorder from the factory for over 3 weeks. He then tells me that I can get a high capacity battery for the same price. I thought it sounded like a good deal, so I asked him if it was an original Nikon battery. He said it was a Nikon licensed battery. So I said to him, then it's not an original battery. He said no. But he kept insisting that this one was better. He got irritated when I kept trying to interrupt him in the middle of his speech. I told him, I wasn't interested, and to please just cancel my order. He didn't curse at me, but you can tell he was super pissed. You could tell that he did this all day long to everyone that ever calls. Don't do business with them."

"Like many of the other customers writing negative reviews for this store, I very much dislike their bait and switch tactics. And I also hate being lied to. When i called the day after placing the order, I was told that it was too late because the order had shipped. When I called Lisa four days later to find out the status of the order, I was told that it had shipped the previous day. I actually received the order 11 days after placing it. On the positive side, I did get what I actually ordered (plus the add on kit of stuff I didn't need or want) and the final price was $10 less than anywhere else on the internet. I would have been more generous with my review if they had just been open and honest with me."

"While my purchase experience started out on the wrong foot, I was left very happy with the personal attention that my complaint received and the way that the customer representatives and a supervisor took the time to make sure that I was satisfied with with my purchase. In my years of online shopping I have rarely worked with a company so intent on making sure that I was satisfied after initially voicing my displeasure. I now look forward to using the products that I have ordered and perhaps ordering future products from TheEStoreOnline. "

"Confirming that these guys are classic bait-and-switch cons. I just had a repeat of the same situation described by other reviewers, that a product (Canon camera battery) shows on line as "in stock", and then I got the call "back ordered, but happy to sell you a 'higher capacity' battery." Except I know my batteries, and there is no higher capacity Canon battery than the one I ordered, so the salesperson was obviously lying. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CON ARTISTS!"

"Purchase from someone else! This is a scam/fraud!! Same thing happened to me as other reviewers.... bought a battery charger at a great price, notified it was out of stock, upgraded to expedited shipping and a better product for 2x the price. Called to cancel in less than an hour and they stated it had already shipped and could not be canceled. If you want to roll the dice, place your order and see what you get. Also carefully read their return policy. Written perfectly to protect themselves from the customers that they scam... "We only offer an exchange policy on chargers, NO refunds". State that it is because customers use something and then send it back. Reality is, they are protecting themselves from you calling them on their scam. For me, I will not be back. Will be looking for a way to report this site as the fraud that it is!

Update - 11/17/14
Talked to customer support the day the substitute item shipped. They made an exception for me and allowed me to return the battery charger. I was notified today that they had issued a refund for the price I paid. Am still supposed to get return shipping paid. Will continue to update when I see the credit on my credit card.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

A customer care specialist will be in touch with you soon to assist you regarding your inquiry . Kindly check your email/voicemail ”””””

"**WARNING** These are classic bait and switch con artists. Shop elsewhere! I ordered a $120 Nikon flash, listed as "in stock." Lisa called and said flash was unavailable and shipped me a $49 off-brand flash I did not order. Then they were abusive on the phone and hung up when I called to return the junk they sent me !
I reported them to NY Atty General, FL Atty General and FBI Internet Crime Unit.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

"Like other reviews, a classic bait and switch. I "purchased" two Canon LP E6 batteries for under $40.00 each. I normally check with Resellerratings.com when I find deals too good to be true. After placing order I receive a call saying the Canon batteries are on back order so they have another "better" battery. Now to add insult they claim this better battery is $79.00 on their website but she will knock off the price and sell them to me for $45.00 each. After a second call to Lisa to find out more on this battery she advises it is a Vivitar made battery and she will sell it to me for the same price of the Canon battery. I tried to cancel the order, but she said it was already in shipping, and I would have 14 days to return. I received the batteries today, and they are neither Canon, which I already knew, but they are not even Vivitar but Bower which you can get on Amazon for less then $8.00 a battery.
I contacted their customer service and got Lisa who was understanding of my concerns. She provided my RMA number without much hesitation and advised there would be no restocking fee. If they can deliver what they advertise then they would be worth doing business with.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

"Update: Like some others, I was told my battery was not in stock and was asked to buy one at a higher price. Today another manager called me and corrected the situation to my satisfaction."

"Classic Bait and Switch ---I ordered an advertised battery charger at a very reasonable price --- received the phone call saying the item was back ordered and would take 45 days to receive , but they did have in stock a vastly superior, much more powerful faster charger for only about 200%+ of the original price. I told the salesman to cancel the order. At this point I became a special first-time customer entitled to a major discount on the vastly superior item. As it was only 50% more, and I was not interested in pursuing the conversation, I agreed to the upgrade at the special price. The true price, with additional shipping and tax (not mentioned) turned out to be (once again) about double. It is now ten days since the supposed in-stock item was ordered. Although the concern managed to immediately bill for the item, it has not been received --- going beyond their prediction of 5 - 7 business days. You won't get a bargain, and they aren't there to help you. It's always embarrassing to be taken by such an old trick .... but if the salesperson knows his/her stuff and they get you at the right time .... you can end up being stuck. I'd strongly suggest passing on their great offers and going with a more reliable company. "

"The Theestoreonline.com staff went out of their way to ensure I got the best item for my camera needs. Customer service is great, prices are very cheap, shipping is very reasonable...what else could we wish for. "

"I was looking to buy a charger for my Nikon D5200 camera. Google search directed me to their site. Obviously half the price than what Amazon offered. Their website said the product was 'in stock". Ordered it. The process was simple. Again like many others said, I got an email about the order and some issues. I called up. The rep said they do not have it but can offer another brand for a higher price. It was still cheaper than Amazon price so I said yes.
I got it within 4 days. It is working as of now and not sure when it will stop working.
If you want to take the risk then go ahead.

Theestoreonline.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Theestoreonline.com is a merchant member
Theestoreonline.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,911 merchant members.