Product & services pricing Rating 6.90/10 6.90/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.08/10 5.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.02/10 6.02/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.47/10 5.47/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.48/10 4.48/10

"They bait and switch. Ordered a OEM Sony battery. Was a lot cheaper than other stores. Got a call the next day they were out of the OEM and would sell us "really good" battery for just $10 more ($33 total) than the OEM battery. Got the battery and did a search to find out amazon sold it for $15. Don't waist your time on this company. Will take you every time."

"They call you up after you make the order and try and package useless junk on top of the order. I made the mistake of going with one of these packages in addition to my order. Let this be a warning to you all. When my package arrived I saw that they replaced the flash diffuser from my original order with a piece of junk one. When I rang them up I had a very unsatifactory exchange with a "customer service" gentleman who was no help at all. In the end they said they wouldn't send me the diffuser I actually ordered. I feel ripped off and they seem to have no interest in helping to rectify the situation."

"Was in desperate need of a battery for a holiday party. They reached out to me personally to make sure I was taken care of. Got the battery to me in TWO days!! And I got great pictures, including the next day when my family was over. Love the service!!!!"

"was hesitant after reading reviews worried I might have made a mistake. I've now had the battery for two weeks and it's been great. It's great to order online and still get a personal touch. "

"D O N O T B U Y from this place. wish i had read the reviews here before purchasing from "theestoreonline". I experienced exactly what everyone here has experienced. Placed a rush delivery order on a new Nikon brand charger…received phone call the next day that they were out of stock and "as a courtesy" they'll send me a better charger for a discounted price. I received an off brand junk charger that sparks shot from, and broke in 15 days. They did send me a replacement, but it was the same exact charger, even after the customer service woman told me they were sending an "upgrade".

Customer service is the worst i've encountered. They seem very tense and defensive on the phone. I get the impression that they are completely overwhelmed with orders by means off their bait and switch scam, and subsequently overwhelmed by all the complaints.

"The worst place to buy photography equipment. I was sold a Canon flash for $409. And told it will be mailed in 2 days. But the next day a lady called from Miami saying it was not in stock. But Bundle with lots of junk was in stock and it will cost me $450.00 and can be shipped next day. So I agreed. But the package came after close to 15 days. So I refused it and sent it back. On October 20th, I got a confirmation that package has been received and credit has been issued and it will take 7-14 days to show up on my credit card. I still have not received my credit after almost a month.
My advice to all the people. Its worth paying few $$ more to 42nd st photo and get US warranty Items

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-19-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

“Your refund has been issued and we see you ordered extra equipment with your purchase”

"Do not buy from these SCAM ARTIST. They are a bait and switch company. They popped up on google with a great price for a camera flash I wanted for Christmas, so I sent a link to my Mom. So she ordered it. They called her the next day saying what they say to everyone who buys anything from them: "The item you ordered is out of stock everywhere, but we can offer you an even better item at a better price". That flash is available anywhere. But my poor mother doesn't know about camera flashes and she doesn't know about CROOK SCAM ARTIST. She went along with the BAIT AND SWITCH salesperson, because my mom is a trusting person. When she told me about this it sounded sketchy to me, because the flash I wanted is easily available, so I did some research. Theestoreonline is not a real business. They are a classic bait and switch business preying on the naive. I told her to call back and cancel the order, but when she tried they told her that it had already shipped. Yea. of course it did. Apparently that is what they always say. I don't even want to imagine what they will say when we try to return the flash. The best way to fix this is probably contact your credit card company and tell them to cancel payment. They are familiar with this organization. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER. DO NOT BE THEIR NEXT VICTIM. spread the word about these people so others don't get scammed."

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-19-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

““““““.””As a longtime employee of theestoreonline.com , I am greatly disturbed by this "review." Before responding directly to this review, I'd like to note that estoreonline has over 100,000 satisfied customers. Out of all our customers, a fraction of one percent of our customers encounter a problem. Although this is such a great minority of our customers, we still get distressed over every single customer that is not wholly satisfied. Therefore, estore does everything in its power to leave every customer happy that they purchased something fromtheestoreonline.com Unfortunately, due to the fact that estore serves so many consumers, it is inevitable that mistakes do sometimes occur. This does not only apply to estore, but any major corporation or powerseller one can think of, such as Apple or Nike. Being that we are a powerseller, we do admit that mistakes could have occured with specific orders. Regards,
Bob Mayer
estore customer service Employee”””””””

"Spoke with customer service and they resolved the issue. "

"I purchased two Nikon flashes with theestoreonline. While in both cases I received a call with the suggestion to go for a slightly better package (and price) I was happy with the outcome. Shipping was about 7 days for my first order and about 4 days on second one.
To be completely honest, I found the store listed on a popular search engine while looking for the Cheapest offer on those flashes. And I did expect a little catch behind; need to be realistic!
Anyways, all in all, my items came with full manufacturer warranty (not gray market stuff) and I ended up paying the lowest price out there. Got it quickly as well.
So, happy all the way.

"STEER CLEAR from this company. Definitely a BAIT & SWITCH company. My story is pretty much like most of the other stories here. Someone calls me and leaves a message to call them back for verification purposes. I did, and the guy tells me that the OEM battery I selected is on a nationwide backorder from the factory for over 3 weeks. He then tells me that I can get a high capacity battery for the same price. I thought it sounded like a good deal, so I asked him if it was an original Nikon battery. He said it was a Nikon licensed battery. So I said to him, then it's not an original battery. He said no. But he kept insisting that this one was better. He got irritated when I kept trying to interrupt him in the middle of his speech. I told him, I wasn't interested, and to please just cancel my order. He didn't curse at me, but you can tell he was super pissed. You could tell that he did this all day long to everyone that ever calls. Don't do business with them."

"Like many of the other customers writing negative reviews for this store, I very much dislike their bait and switch tactics. And I also hate being lied to. When i called the day after placing the order, I was told that it was too late because the order had shipped. When I called Lisa four days later to find out the status of the order, I was told that it had shipped the previous day. I actually received the order 11 days after placing it. On the positive side, I did get what I actually ordered (plus the add on kit of stuff I didn't need or want) and the final price was $10 less than anywhere else on the internet. I would have been more generous with my review if they had just been open and honest with me."

"While my purchase experience started out on the wrong foot, I was left very happy with the personal attention that my complaint received and the way that the customer representatives and a supervisor took the time to make sure that I was satisfied with with my purchase. In my years of online shopping I have rarely worked with a company so intent on making sure that I was satisfied after initially voicing my displeasure. I now look forward to using the products that I have ordered and perhaps ordering future products from TheEStoreOnline. "

"Confirming that these guys are classic bait-and-switch cons. I just had a repeat of the same situation described by other reviewers, that a product (Canon camera battery) shows on line as "in stock", and then I got the call "back ordered, but happy to sell you a 'higher capacity' battery." Except I know my batteries, and there is no higher capacity Canon battery than the one I ordered, so the salesperson was obviously lying. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CON ARTISTS!"

"Purchase from someone else! This is a scam/fraud!! Same thing happened to me as other reviewers.... bought a battery charger at a great price, notified it was out of stock, upgraded to expedited shipping and a better product for 2x the price. Called to cancel in less than an hour and they stated it had already shipped and could not be canceled. If you want to roll the dice, place your order and see what you get. Also carefully read their return policy. Written perfectly to protect themselves from the customers that they scam... "We only offer an exchange policy on chargers, NO refunds". State that it is because customers use something and then send it back. Reality is, they are protecting themselves from you calling them on their scam. For me, I will not be back. Will be looking for a way to report this site as the fraud that it is!

Update - 11/17/14
Talked to customer support the day the substitute item shipped. They made an exception for me and allowed me to return the battery charger. I was notified today that they had issued a refund for the price I paid. Am still supposed to get return shipping paid. Will continue to update when I see the credit on my credit card.

Update 11/29/2014
My credit card has been credited for the purchase, however, the return shipping has not.

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-04-2014

“Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

“““Thank you for contacting us.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

A customer care specialist will be in touch with you soon to assist you regarding your inquiry . Kindly check your email/voicemail ”””””

"**WARNING** These are classic bait and switch con artists. Shop elsewhere! I ordered a $120 Nikon flash, listed as "in stock." Lisa called and said flash was unavailable and shipped me a $49 off-brand flash I did not order. Then they were abusive on the phone and hung up when I called to return the junk they sent me !
I reported them to NY Atty General, FL Atty General and FBI Internet Crime Unit.

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-04-2014

“Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

“““Thank you for contacting us.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Theestoreonline.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Theestoreonline.com is a merchant member
Theestoreonline.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,919 merchant members.