Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 6.50/10 313 reviews

Theestoreonline.com is a merchant member
    Theestoreonline.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,875 merchant members.
  • Theestoreonline.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 7.34/10 7.34/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.03/10 6.03/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.35/10 7.35/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.60/10 6.60/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Bait and switch operation. Price looked too good to be true. Sales rep called right after placing an order, said the item was on "national 3 week back-order", confusing Canon and Sony in the process, tried to sell me a generic kit.
Avoid.

"I WOULD ORDER FROM THIS STORE AGAIN, I WAS HAPPY WITH THE WAY THEY HANDLED MY ORDER FOR A CANON BATTERY. MY BATTERY WAS NOT INSTOCK SO THEY OFFERED ME SIMILAR BATTERY AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE. THE BATTERY WORKS FINE.

"Edit: the stars I assigned don't seem to be showing up after edit. Hopefully once it's proofed and released it will.

I had an experience that started out like the others here (told product wasn't in stock, etc, etc) the conversation spiraled quickly out of reasonable control.

After writing about it here, Carter called me(I'd guess immediately) to apologize and make things right. Honestly, I was pretty surprised he was able to actually make me feel better.

The fix is pending, I plan on raising my rating once it's been executed.

Moral of the story: Don't deal with support folks that call you outside of the businesses stated hours of support. Call back when the real support folks are in and figure it out then.

"We are working on the issue I had."

"OK, It is clear, like many of the reviewers have indicated, this is a classic "bait and switch" operations and the consumers must not get sucked into this. I was, and will never, ever, do business with them again.

My case is almost identical to all the other negative reviews with an added twist. I, too, ordered the Canon 430 ex II advertised as "In Stock" on the website, only to get a phone call the next day indicating it was on 4 week backorder. They convinced me to buy the Sigma 610 super for a great deal of $249.00. I later discovered that I could get the same flash on Amazon for $225.00. I wrote a terrible review of the company indicating bait and switch, only to get a phone call a few days later from their rep apologizing and indicating that they try hard to fulfill all orders and that if I would remove the negative review they would refund $30.00 that would make my Sigma less than Amazon's price. I asked when I would get my refund. He said immediately after I remove the review.

Well I removed the review that same day and here it is over a week later and I still have not received the refund. I called the company the next day to inquire about the status of my refund, but got a recording saying the company would be closed for two days. I called again several days later on a Monday, and again the recording indicated that they will be closed until Wednesday.

I am therefore re-writing my review. After reading all the reviews, it is obvious this company is comfortable scamming their customers and then try to buy them off to keep the negative reviews down. And then, talking about arrogance, after each negative review they post a pathetic disclaimer about trying to fulfill all orders. (If this is the case, why do they consistently claim items are "In-Stock" when it is obvious that they are not).

I don't understand how this company is allowed to continue these deceptive practices. Everyone who have had this experience, and it seems that there are many, should file a complaint with the BBB, and find as many ways as we can to get the word out. Do not patronize this company, instead stick with companies like Amazon, who will stand behind the product, give you what you want without all the BS.

"In March 2014 I purchased 2 Bower batteries for my Nikon D200. There was an issue with the batteries and although my request for a refund was outside the normal time frame allowed for returns, a manager graciously issued a refund. I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely recommend this vendor"

"I ordered a Canon Speedlite in December, was on backed order, offered an alternative product. Declined. Decided to re-order in April. Thought I would check on line reviews. Almost all were orders were on back order and was offered an alternative product. I not sure if this is the true definition of bait and switch, but it seems to be their normal business practice. UPDATE 4/13/14 I just re-ordered the Canon 403EX11 Speedlite, Was told it was in stock and will shipped today and should arrived in about 7 days. When it arrives will change review to reflex new opinion.UPDATE 4/17/14 I received my order today, it was exactly what I ordered, was new with USA warranty. I'm changing review to 5 stars"

"I am having some issues returning the item I purchased."

"Ordered an item and it was not in stock. They have since contacted me and have said they have processed a credit to my charge account. The credit so far has not showed on my account. Credit for account has been posted. Thank you for taking care of this."

"Wanted to express my compliments to Theestoreonline.com.
Via a personal phone call and also on email,Theestoreonline.com notified me that the product I ordered was on backorder for up to 4 weeks.
Due to my urgent need of the product, I immediately responded with a returned call.
Customer Service / Sales Representative explained the situation, details of my backordered product, made suggestions and offered the substitute product.
Initially, I was unwilling to purchase the substitute due to the increased price and noted other options on the internet.
However after our discussion, they were willing to be more competitive than the other internet websites.
Theestoreonline.com clearly takes care of their customers and reputation!
Amazing customer service and support! I am so impressed, I asked if I could write a review to share my positive experience with others!
Thank you Carter & Theestoreonline.com

"Ordered an official Nikon battery at a reasonable price. Got a voicemail asking me to call about the order. When I called the number they let, I got and endless set of robopitches. When the battery arrived, it was a cheap Chinese after market battery that I could have bought elsewhere for 1/4th the price instead of the official Nikon battery promised."

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-13-2014

Theestoreonline, Theestoreonline.com rep has responded

“““Thank you for contacting us.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.

A customer care specialist will be in touch with you soon. Kindly check your email/voicemail”

"I was very pleased with the help I received at Theestoreonline. I needed a second camera battery and the one I wanted was out of stock everywhere. I ordered it from Theestoreonline and, even though they were out of stock, I actually got a phone call to offer me alternatives. The staff was very informed on electronics and was able to get me a better battery at a great price! I will definitely shop there again."

"If you want to receive a call that the item you have ordered is out of stock and get an offer for something else TheestoreOnline is the company to go. No need to mention the headaches and wasted time with cancelling your order.
After you read other reviews you will find out that you are not alone. This is what they are doing o run their business.
Try to avoid this company as much as you can!

"Amazingly good service. There would have been a delay from the factory for the batteries I'd ordered and a sales rep called me ASAP an gave me choices that worked. Thanks!"

"When I placed my order for a Sony flash only to be told it was out of stock I feared that here comes a bait and switch.I agreed to the new offer and was pleasantly surprised that instead of normal mailing I received it in second day air and the new flash was better than my original order.I would highly recommend this store. "