"Beware. Website does not carry accurate information. They offered 677 speed RAM laptop, but the laptop only works at 533 RAM. Also, they do not have many items available. They're just a 3rd party vendor. Any issues or problems must go through Asus in Fremont, CA. I had defective battery and c9tech couldn't do anything about it. Had to call Asus when I gave my money to c9tech. Finally returned the item because I was not satisfied with item nor c9tech. Never again!"

modified review This review was modified by jjohan35 on March 25 2007 05:33:25 PM

"Great price on a great item. Took a bit of time to arrive due to holiday rush but c9tech saved me money on tax so well worth the wait. Sasha was always quick to respond to emails with courteous updates. I will be doing future business with them again. Thanks Sasha! "

""

San Diego

"I was searching through resellers to find the merom version of the W3J because I wanted to preorder it. I didn't necessarily find c9tech to have the cheapest price for that product but I wanted to avoid sales tax and shipping fees. There were no problems with placing the order.

Any emails I sent to c9tech were replied to the next day so response time wasn't slow. When the product was ready, they offered me the option of going to Fremont myself and picking up the product from their warehouse instead of waiting for the notebook to ship back and forth between states. I chose to go to the warehouse which was somewhat hard to get to. But in the end, I got my notebook without trouble from c9tech (but going to Fremont and waiting in the warehouse wasn't fun). So far I'm satisfied and I wouldn't mind making another purchase from them.

"c9tech was great. I got my laptop right on time, after cross-shipping however, but it was for upgrading the RAM. Sasha responded to my 1000 e-mails in a timely manner with a patient tone. They have the best deal on the internet considering the RAM upgrade and free shipping. Just an overall great experience. I'm typing this review from my new Asus and everything is juuuust fine. Thanks c9tech!

-Kris

modified review This review was modified by krp312 on December 08 2006 07:20:35 AM

"excellent service. Even tho they do not have direct contact number, their email communication was very prompt and kept me informed on the status of the order at every step. Definitely recommend to other buyers. would buy from them again. "

"I'm very satisfied with my order and Sasha always replied to my emails on the same day too! Thank you"

"Good: Communication, Low prices
Bad: Deceptive shipping practices, stock not updated. Read the long explanation below

Bottom Line: C9tech has cheap prices but you certainly get what you pay for

I ordered a W3J and modular bay battry from C9tech because of the low price ($50 academic discount) and good return policy.

Pre Order: Before ordering, I contacted the owner, Sasha Trupcevic several times, and and communication was excellent, as I received responses in a timely manner.

Order Process: My order was processed without a hitch, although when I first tried to place an order the site was down.

Post Order/ Shipping: This is when the seemingly good shopping experience turns ugly. Basically, the only positive thing I can say about C9tech after my credit card was charged is that my laptop arrived in one piece.

I placed my order on July 23rd for a W3J and modular battery. Both were indicated as in stock. After ordering, my order was "cross shipped" on the 26th. Now, I had been constantly checking my order status, and emailed C9Tech to inquire as to what cross shipping meant. The owner told me that in order to avoid sales tax when selling to customers in certain states, they must first ship to their business location, then ship to the customer. I would like to point out that NOWHERE on their website is cross shipping mentioned, customers expect that when they select 3-5 day shipping, the order will arrive in those 3-5 days, not 6-10. When I complained to the owner, he acted as if he were doing me a favor, yet if I had known about the shipping delay I would have ordered from another store in another state (To avoid sales tax) that actually stocks the laptops in their warehouse.

To compound my problems, I was told that the modular bay battery was out of stock, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NOT NOTED AS SUCH!

Finally, on August 3rd, 11 days after my order, I received the laptop.

More problems: On August 3rd I emailed the owner to ask when the battery would be in stock. On the 4th I received a response that it would be in stock in about a week, but I could have a different color battery from another model shipped now instead. I decided to wait the week, after the owner told me it would not be a problem for me to receive the battery by August 23rd (That is when I leave for college; I need the battery before then).

It is now August 22nd (1 MONTH AFTER MY ORDER!!!!) and the battery is still not here. In fact, according to the tracking information, it has not even left Missouri and will not be delivered until the 24th, at the earliest. Now I will have to incur the additional expense of shipping the laptop to my college.

Needless to say, if I need a product in any less than 30 days, I will definitely NOT be ordering from C9Tech again

modified review This review was modified by Schneid1224 on August 22 2006 12:55:25 PM

"I had a great experience with c9tech and even had an opportunity to meet its president, whom was really helpful and knowledgeable. All my questions were responded to extremely quickly and in a professional manner. I ordered the ASUS W3J and was updated on the ordering status instantaneously. The laptop arrived on time and was exquisite. As for price, from my research the price was extremely competitive and there was even a student discount. I would recommend this site to anyone looking for quality products from a reputable merchant."

modified review This review was modified by eponder on July 26 2006 09:47:24 PM

"I was very satisfied with my new ASUS W5F from c9tech.

Despite experiencing a slight delay in shipment, c9tech upgraded my shipping to FedEx Overnight without charge and also offered a prompt explanation of the circumstances regarding the delay.

Sasha was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions in a timely fashion via e-mail and online forums.

Double-boxed notebook arrived with an uncompromised structural integrity. Running tests with Prime95, 3DMark05, Super Pi, and MobileMeter all confirmed that everything was in good working order.

Next time I purchase a laptop for myself or friends/family, I'm looking at c9tech first.

modified review This review was modified by LaptopLover on July 17 2006 09:18:41 AM

"Prices were competitive but reasonable and I wasn't able to find any other vendors who offered the ASUS extended warranty. Excellent customer service, all my questions were addressed promptly and patiently. Overall a very pleasant experience and I'm very happy with my new laptop.

Can't find anything about my experience to complain about, but wish I would've known it would take so long to process my order. This merchant's service provider’s security model blocked the transaction on the first attempt. The total amount was then split into two transactions that had to be charged on two separate days. While the initial charge did drop off eventually, it took several days and during that time it was tying up my available credit so that the second half of my order could not be charged until the amount from the initial attempt dropped off. Since part of this period fell over a weekend, by the time the charge dropped off, a week had already passed before my order was done processing and ready to ship out.

I have excellent credit, have never had problems with my card’s limit not being enough for large transactions, and have never encountered this before with other vendors. I purchased a more expensive laptop a few months ago as a gift for someone through another merchant and didn’t have any problems. I realize this was not c9tech's fault, but if this policy had been stated somewhere on the website and I'd known it would delay my order by such a long period, I would've purchased my laptop somewhere else since time was an issue for me in this instance. I didn't see this mentioned by anyone when I was reading the ratings for this reseller before I made my purchase, but hopefully someone will find this information useful.

Overall, I'd say my experience with c9tech was positive and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again. If you're not in a hurry to receive your order, I'd definitely recommend.

"I purchased the w5ae from c9tech and couldnt be happier with my laptop and the customer service from c9. Sasha from c9tech immediately notified me that Asus was having a rebate sale for the w5ae and even offered to locate me a Black version of the model, which i am very thankful for. Sasha also answered over two dozen emails before my purchase and about a dozen more afterwards :) I found all my enqueries were responded to in a very timely and friendly manner. I would recommend c9tech to my friends, and will definitely purchase from them again when i need a new notebook. THANK YOU SASHA "

""

"Great reseller. Very friendly, answered all my questions promptly and completely. Item came in good order with no problems. Highly recommended."

"Although the communication between company and consumer is great, the support is not. I e-mailed the owner about a known recall issue before I ordered and was assured it was no longer a problem. So, I ordered. I received the laptop with the known recall flaw (screen ghosting) 2-3 months after it had been made public. So much for quality control. I then started having misc. hardware based ticks in the system and I asked to have it replaced, being within 30 days of receipt. I was told to ship it in and a new unit would be sent. There was no way to track the progress of my RMA'ed unit; one day a package just showed up. It was the old laptop, with a "new" screen. So much for a new unit. They return packaging was beat up, having made a few roundtrips. Would it have been so hard to use a new box with an anti static bag? Overall, I'm dissapointed with the level of customer service and support provided by C9Tech. If you're a computer enthusiast such as I, it might bother you too."

The c9tech Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The c9tech Store is not a merchant member
The c9tech Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!