Stores > The Watchery

• Address: 123 Prospect Ave
    • Contact: info@thewatchery.com
    • Phone: 866-843-9282
    • Customer Support: 866-843-9262
    • Business Hours: Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 6:00pm EST Friday: 9:00am - 1:00pm EST Saturday - Sunday: Closed
    • Fax: 718-504-4686

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"I am extremely disappointed with The Watchery. I paid for 2-day shipping because I needed the watch as a gift for someone's birthday in a week. The box arrived with the wrong watch (not even the same brand). I contacted them, now only having 3 days before needing the watch. They said they'd email me a return label and once it was scanned at a UPS store THEN they'd begin to process my 'exchange'. I told them I did not have time to go to a UPS store that day and I needed the 'exchange' process to begin immediately! I was placed on hold and when the woman returned I was told that they would offer me rush shipping and rush the process once the label was scanned, because they needed that for inventory.

To speak to a supervisor I had to send an email. I did receive a quick response and was told that they would offer me a one-time only overnight shipping and would even make sure the warehouse double checks the order before shipping. The tone was horrific, as if I was suppose to be grateful for them correcting the problem. The 'exchange' process should never have applied to me when the mistake was 100% their doing. I was still required to get the label scanned before them proceeding.

When the watch arrived I noticed a scratch/ding on the front. I emailed the supervisor immediately and was told they'd be happy to send me a pre-paid label to begin the next exchange process.

Their customer service is horrible and unprofessional. It's not worth the savings going with this company!

This review was modified by lfry24 on June 19 2015 06:49:07 AM

"I ordered a luxury time piece and I am extremely happy! The price was unbeatable. I even contacted their CS with a follow up question and they responded positively very quickly. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. I've bought before from all of the other major sites before and I think this is the best experience I've had thus far."

"BEWARE!! this company does not stand behind their products and their warranty is worthless. My husband ordered a new Ebel watch for me last Spring and it stopped working in October. I followed all the really annoying intricate instructions for sending it in for repair -- paid the postage both ways--just before Thanksgiving, and just received it back on January 23rd unrepaired with a note saying the parts were no longer available."

This review was modified by smwatsonfam on January 23 2015 11:30:39 AM

"Buy 3 watches and first put me in life I had not returned the money, then do another order for 3 watches and were delayed in delivery, but never again buy into this garbage store and not recommend it to anyone."

"I do not recommend this store, the items are not reviewed before sending them, I bought 2 watches a cabochon 512 and Elini Barokas artisan, the elini Barokas works 100% but Cabochon 512 came completely stopped.  I contact customer care and told me to take it to a jeweler and to replace the battery because they did not have the Renata battery and they would send me an electronic coupon to use it in my next purchase as compensation for the costs of repairing cabochon 512. I took the watch to jeweler to replace the battery. The battery was dead only 0.28Volt. the jeweler told me that this clock was stopped many months ago and that this watch was sent knowing this problem with the battery.
To this day they never sent me the coupom promised by customer care for compensation for expense repair.
Summarizing thewatchery sold me a defective item for the price of a new article 100% functional, Satisfaction guaranteed all lies, I keep expecting the compromised by customer care.

"Do not buy! I paid $200 for a Guess watch that worked only 20 days. I sent back for replacement and never got anything from them. No watch, NO credit. Don't buy their junk. The worst customer service ever!"

This review was modified by STANI on October 21 2014 12:12:18 PM

"I purchased an expensive writing instrument and upon arrival it was broken. I tried for several months to contact The Watchery by phone and each time I got to a living person they would transfer me back in to the telephone loop from HELL and I was NEVER able to speak with anyone that could help me. If I wanted to buy something no problem telephone representatives would speak with me. But the second I asked about returns or to speak to a supervisor transferred back to telephone hell. I finely fixed the pen myself. I will NEVER use The Watchery again very poor customer NO service. "

This review was modified by CRRamirez on May 08 2014 09:25:08 AM

"I bought a nice watch from these clowns only to find that it had broken chronograph buttons, a calendar dial that lost a day every week and the time was fast. In other words, the watch was garbage.
I took it to a dealer who said at the price they sold it to me for, it had to be a factory second. The customer service was horrendous, they told me that I had to send it back to the manufacturer, as they told me they were not responsible for this. Question is, why would you buy from a company that sells second hand watches off as new ones and then dodges its responsibility as a merchant? Stay clear of these con artists.

This review was modified by steveplayford on March 18 2014 12:05:19 PM

"I am writing this review to warn anyone about purchasing anything from thewatchery.com. I purchased a watch for Christmas and it came scratched and used for all I know. I tried to exchange it for one that was new as advertised and they would not exchange it because I did not call them within 5 days of receiving the product. I think this is ridiculous, especially during the Christmas season. The box wasn't damaged when it arrived and I did not take the time to look the watch over in detail because I did not assume I was receiving a defective product. I called them as soon as I was made aware of the scratch (from the person I gave it to as a gift), but by then it was past the 5 days and they would not exchange it. Their website states that they have satisfaction guaranteed, but this is a facade. I do not recommend anyone using them. They could scam you as well. If I could give no stars on this review then I would, but the lowest score was 1 star so that's what they get from me. They are not to be trusted as a seller."

This review was modified by Kimwalker24 on January 09 2014 02:46:14 PM

"Returned watch and was never credited. They are a scam."

This review was modified by itssocoldintheD on January 03 2014 04:22:45 PM

"Bad customer service they give you time that they will respond in 48hours but never get back to you and their call in customer service timing a ridiculous for west coast ppl. Just big claims on website but they do not fulfill their commitment. Complain number is mentioned below in order number which they never responded to."

This review was modified by rocker12131415 on October 24 2013 03:38:11 PM

"I recently got a great price on a Swiss watch with an ETA movement, that was on closeout. When I received the watch the band seemed a little small, so I called their customer service number, to see if any links were available. The person I spoke with was friendly and helpful. There were no links available so we agreed I would return the watch. Before I sent it back I popped into a jewler to see if an adjustment could be made and he was able to give me a little extra room by adjusting the band. So in the end I am keeping the watch.

The Watchery got me a great deal on a great watch, customer service was friendly and helpful, and they got the watch to me in one day instead of two, granted I only live about 90 miles from their warehouse, still it was received a day faster than expected. I recommend The Watchery and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another watch from them. Top notch experience!

"Was quite skeptical of the company and what they were offering. I ordered 1 piece and it arrived perfectly and in timely fashion (even to Canada). I would purchase products from them again."

This review was modified by Nickle9 on July 24 2013 04:38:41 PM

"very bad ...my order have been chanched , i have ordered for four watches , tow of them are correct and tow been chanched "

"This is my second order from your company. The first order was a graduation gift for my godson. The watch stopped working after has 3rd time wearing it. He had it repaired himself.
This most recent order has not been given to the recipient yet. I will let you know how satisfied he will be. Nonetheless, the order did in fact arrive on time. Thank you - Gloria

Share The Watchery's store rating

The Watchery is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Watchery is not a merchant member
The Watchery does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!