Stores > The Watchery

• Address: 123 Prospect Ave
    • Contact: info@thewatchery.com
    • Phone: 866-843-9282
    • Customer Support: 866-843-9262
    • Business Hours: Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 6:00pm EST Friday: 9:00am - 1:00pm EST Saturday - Sunday: Closed
    • Fax: 718-504-4686

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-03-31

Old watch... New Papers

"I ordered a Corum 48mm Seafender Tides watch (New Old Stock) which was shipped promptly after the order was placed. When I received my package I inspected the watch and something looked out of place. As most people when they make a major purchase research the item beforehand and know the product well enough. Apparently I was told I didn't! Somehow the watch manufacturer can include items from a watch that hasn't been designed yet at the date of manufacture! I received a certificate and manual for a Corum 45mm AC One Tides watch (current model). The current watch has different dials and tides setup procedure apparent in the manual I received. Paperwork is important for resale value.
I called The Watchery and told a CSR what I received and was told they would get back to me. They didn't! I called a week later and spoke to Shenece, which she apologized again took my information. Less then 30 minutes later and received an Email stating "I did email our Parts dept and I was informed by them that the paperwork and manual you received is correct and there is no other additional paperwork." I then replied to her email with images of what I received and what I should have received and then have heard nothing since. I even requested a RMA, in case I wanted to return the item. I'm sure if I pursue it, it would be the same as beating a proverbial dead horse.
I'm sure the wrong Items were included to complete a loose watch to make it "new' in the grey market sense. Its a shame they think of their customers as fools that don't know any better. I have made two previous orders with them years ago that had no problems, but they have now lost me as a customer for good!!! The watch itself is probably authentic. BTW...thewatchery, world of watches, ewatches all the same company, so the same issues.

2016-01-27

Bulova Accuswiss Manchester United Edt BRILLIANT

"Hi folks I am writing my review from Western Australia..Having read mixed reviews from buyers from The Watchery (TW) I was slightly sceptical however I have purchased from World of Watches (WoW) before and it seems a very similar site. I had been looking to purchase a Bulova Accuswiss Manchester United watch since they came out but they can be very pricey. I checked WoW and TW to find the latter had it for about $50 usd cheaper. Rolled the dice and purchased it, now granted it only arrived today to me here in Australia (no thanks to a delay from Singapore customs which is not TWs fault) but the watch is superb, no marks, no prior use or any of the issues some people have experienced. I shall revisit this post should anything go wrong however for now I am very very pleased. Great watch at a great price. I hope to not require another watch for some time however I would have no hesitation to buy from them again. The only thing I would advise is that UPS tracking is useless and CS varied from poor to a bit better than average but again that is UPS not TW. Oh UPS also left my watch in the meterbox and a nice big note saying so on my door which would have led anyone straight to it..again..UPS fault"

This review was modified by DylanPerthWA on January 27 2016 03:12:10 AM

2016-01-14

Fraud

"I did the research and found the watch I was looking for. An Invicta 9937 automatic with the 26 jewel Swiss movement (SW 200). I was excited to find it at a good price on The Watchery. I received an email confirmation saying that I would receive the 9937 and waited almost two weeks for the watch to be delivered. Once it arrived, I went to my local jeweler to have it fitted to my wrist. I then left and went to dinner and took a moment look it over very carefully as something didn't seem quite right. Upon further inspection, I came to realize that what I was shipped was an inferior Japanese Miyota movement instead. The 9937 says Swiss Movt right on the face, the watch advertised (the pictures shown on their webpage of the watch I selected) showed exactly that. The watch I have in my hand right now is one that can be purchased at Costco for less than half of what I spent on the one I received. Buyer beware, these guys are totally fake. Do your self a favor and buy somewhere else, a place where you will get what you paid for. I'm obviously only giving it 1 star because I can't give it a zero......but you probably knew that already."

This review was modified by travisty on January 14 2016 07:19:22 PM

2015-06-19

"I am extremely disappointed with The Watchery. I paid for 2-day shipping because I needed the watch as a gift for someone's birthday in a week. The box arrived with the wrong watch (not even the same brand). I contacted them, now only having 3 days before needing the watch. They said they'd email me a return label and once it was scanned at a UPS store THEN they'd begin to process my 'exchange'. I told them I did not have time to go to a UPS store that day and I needed the 'exchange' process to begin immediately! I was placed on hold and when the woman returned I was told that they would offer me rush shipping and rush the process once the label was scanned, because they needed that for inventory.

To speak to a supervisor I had to send an email. I did receive a quick response and was told that they would offer me a one-time only overnight shipping and would even make sure the warehouse double checks the order before shipping. The tone was horrific, as if I was suppose to be grateful for them correcting the problem. The 'exchange' process should never have applied to me when the mistake was 100% their doing. I was still required to get the label scanned before them proceeding.

When the watch arrived I noticed a scratch/ding on the front. I emailed the supervisor immediately and was told they'd be happy to send me a pre-paid label to begin the next exchange process.

Their customer service is horrible and unprofessional. It's not worth the savings going with this company!

This review was modified by lfry24 on June 19 2015 06:49:07 AM

2015-04-15

"I ordered a luxury time piece and I am extremely happy! The price was unbeatable. I even contacted their CS with a follow up question and they responded positively very quickly. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. I've bought before from all of the other major sites before and I think this is the best experience I've had thus far."

2015-01-23

"BEWARE!! this company does not stand behind their products and their warranty is worthless. My husband ordered a new Ebel watch for me last Spring and it stopped working in October. I followed all the really annoying intricate instructions for sending it in for repair -- paid the postage both ways--just before Thanksgiving, and just received it back on January 23rd unrepaired with a note saying the parts were no longer available."

This review was modified by smwatsonfam on January 23 2015 11:30:39 AM

2015-01-12

"Buy 3 watches and first put me in life I had not returned the money, then do another order for 3 watches and were delayed in delivery, but never again buy into this garbage store and not recommend it to anyone."

2014-11-26

"I do not recommend this store, the items are not reviewed before sending them, I bought 2 watches a cabochon 512 and Elini Barokas artisan, the elini Barokas works 100% but Cabochon 512 came completely stopped.  I contact customer care and told me to take it to a jeweler and to replace the battery because they did not have the Renata battery and they would send me an electronic coupon to use it in my next purchase as compensation for the costs of repairing cabochon 512. I took the watch to jeweler to replace the battery. The battery was dead only 0.28Volt. the jeweler told me that this clock was stopped many months ago and that this watch was sent knowing this problem with the battery.
To this day they never sent me the coupom promised by customer care for compensation for expense repair.
Summarizing thewatchery sold me a defective item for the price of a new article 100% functional, Satisfaction guaranteed all lies, I keep expecting the compromised by customer care.

2014-10-21

"Do not buy! I paid $200 for a Guess watch that worked only 20 days. I sent back for replacement and never got anything from them. No watch, NO credit. Don't buy their junk. The worst customer service ever!"

This review was modified by STANI on October 21 2014 12:12:18 PM

2014-05-07

"I purchased an expensive writing instrument and upon arrival it was broken. I tried for several months to contact The Watchery by phone and each time I got to a living person they would transfer me back in to the telephone loop from HELL and I was NEVER able to speak with anyone that could help me. If I wanted to buy something no problem telephone representatives would speak with me. But the second I asked about returns or to speak to a supervisor transferred back to telephone hell. I finely fixed the pen myself. I will NEVER use The Watchery again very poor customer NO service. "

This review was modified by CRRamirez on May 08 2014 09:25:08 AM

2014-03-18

"I bought a nice watch from these clowns only to find that it had broken chronograph buttons, a calendar dial that lost a day every week and the time was fast. In other words, the watch was garbage.
I took it to a dealer who said at the price they sold it to me for, it had to be a factory second. The customer service was horrendous, they told me that I had to send it back to the manufacturer, as they told me they were not responsible for this. Question is, why would you buy from a company that sells second hand watches off as new ones and then dodges its responsibility as a merchant? Stay clear of these con artists.

This review was modified by steveplayford on March 18 2014 12:05:19 PM

2014-01-09

"I am writing this review to warn anyone about purchasing anything from thewatchery.com. I purchased a watch for Christmas and it came scratched and used for all I know. I tried to exchange it for one that was new as advertised and they would not exchange it because I did not call them within 5 days of receiving the product. I think this is ridiculous, especially during the Christmas season. The box wasn't damaged when it arrived and I did not take the time to look the watch over in detail because I did not assume I was receiving a defective product. I called them as soon as I was made aware of the scratch (from the person I gave it to as a gift), but by then it was past the 5 days and they would not exchange it. Their website states that they have satisfaction guaranteed, but this is a facade. I do not recommend anyone using them. They could scam you as well. If I could give no stars on this review then I would, but the lowest score was 1 star so that's what they get from me. They are not to be trusted as a seller."

This review was modified by Kimwalker24 on January 09 2014 02:46:14 PM

2014-01-03

"Returned watch and was never credited. They are a scam."

This review was modified by itssocoldintheD on January 03 2014 04:22:45 PM

2013-10-24

"Bad customer service they give you time that they will respond in 48hours but never get back to you and their call in customer service timing a ridiculous for west coast ppl. Just big claims on website but they do not fulfill their commitment. Complain number is mentioned below in order number which they never responded to."

This review was modified by rocker12131415 on October 24 2013 03:38:11 PM

2013-08-09

"I recently got a great price on a Swiss watch with an ETA movement, that was on closeout. When I received the watch the band seemed a little small, so I called their customer service number, to see if any links were available. The person I spoke with was friendly and helpful. There were no links available so we agreed I would return the watch. Before I sent it back I popped into a jewler to see if an adjustment could be made and he was able to give me a little extra room by adjusting the band. So in the end I am keeping the watch.

The Watchery got me a great deal on a great watch, customer service was friendly and helpful, and they got the watch to me in one day instead of two, granted I only live about 90 miles from their warehouse, still it was received a day faster than expected. I recommend The Watchery and wouldn't hesitate to purchase another watch from them. Top notch experience!

Share The Watchery's store rating

The Watchery is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Watchery is not a merchant member
The Watchery does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!