The WEBstaurant Store Reviews - webstaurantstore.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Write a review »
Rating 6.17/10 52 reviews

The WEBstaurant Store is not a merchant member
The WEBstaurant Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"My first order was for an item I had been buying elsewhere for almost exactly, twice the amount each!! The order was filled promptly and I will be using them again!!"

modified review This review was modified by MaryBarcena on July 16 2013 07:20:32 AM

"I have been a customer of theirs for over a year, buying lots of different kitchen equipment, small wares, and labels. Among the many things I bought was a robot coupe attachment, which ended up being the wrong one. Of course, since we are busy, no one got around to trying it out for about 60 days and then discovered it was the wrong top.
I contacted them on their online chat help thing and asked if I could exchange it (not a refund) but exchange it for the correct part. I felt like I was at the DMV. The rep literally gave me a link to their returns policy. Forget customer service, this is a joke. They act like these return policies came from the burning bush - it is ridiculous. The part was totally unused and in perfect condition. I understand if it were used or I was asking for a refund, but this was an exchange for a part they had in stock. Not cool. I will not be ordering from them again.

modified review This review was modified by HotdogJohn on June 21 2013 10:09:31 AM

"BAD NEWS. Catch 22 is alive and well and is being played out daily at WEBstaurantStore. Their return policy is simple: NO!!! -- even when the unit is defective.
I purchased a very expensive ROBOT COUPE processor which amazingly is only capable of preparing "HOT NOTHING" as the food slides up the sides of the unit, staying far away from the blades as possible. Now, how could I possibly know how completely ineffectual the unit would be before I opened the box and attempted to use it? Ah-ha That's the Catch 22. Once the box is opened and the unit has been 'used', they REFUSE to make reparations. So there goes $1400 down the toilet. This should not be. I've been a daily user of food processors since they first arrived from France in the early 70's. I know when I've been shafted. Learn from me.

modified review This review was modified by bwaybayb on June 12 2013 12:17:17 PM

"Would NEVER order from them again. Only have FedEx for delivery so my $62.45 item cost me $25.81 to deliver. I also had to pay EXTRA for the FedEx because it was delivered to my residence not a restaurant/business! Then I had to return the items and there was a 30% re-stocking fee!!! So it cost me and extra $18.74!!! Holy Cow plus I paid the return postage too!
so I lost my $25.91 fedex charge
So I lost my $18.74 restocking fee
so I lost my $16 return postage charge..
So I lost $60.65 on a $62.45 returned item.
WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN ! ! ! Rediculous

modified review This review was modified by hopeithelpsyou on June 04 2013 09:23:39 AM

"Everything about these people is fantastic. I am not kidding, the customer service, the pricing, the web pages--everything. It's a place I would be happy to work at even. Hell, I'd marry it if I could! It would be easy to tell you what they don't have in restaurant gear than to list the gazillion items they do--and the time I wasn't happy with a product, they made it right CHEERFULLY, TIMELY, and QUICKLY. "

modified review This review was modified by Lesleaj on May 15 2013 03:42:17 PM

"Great customer service, fast shipping, low prices and quality items! WEBstaurant has it all."

modified review This review was modified by ColoradoPod on May 09 2013 11:05:08 AM

"I found the WEBstaurant Store while looking for a cheap bulk source for molasses, but was pleasantly surprised to find much more. This is now my go-to source for many of my spices and dry goods, which come at a great price with combined shipping. I'm a new fan of buying in bulk!"

"I bought 2 stoves with this company. All was OK until the delivery, I was charged $ 45.00 extra for a liftgate truck that was never used, with no other option My worker used our own forklift to remove the items from the truck. When I wrote and explained what the truth was; they were not helpfull no willing to remove the unnecessary charges. I will contact the better business bureau. I will never ever use them and I strongly do not reccomend them."

"I was asked by our sales director to pick up 12 more 23 gallon wall hugger trash cans. I started with my main suppliers, then the local big box store. The suppliers were a great deal cheaper than the retail option but when I went online with Webstaurant.com, I found exactly what I was looking for much cheaper than both. For less money ($30) AND including shipping fees I was able to order the original 12 23 gal huggers, plus four 44 gal cans for my kitchen. "

"Thank you for providing such a good customer experience! These chafer stands are amazing! Heavy, sleek, and quite functional, they certainly upgraded my tablescape! I ordered 4, and will order the half-size stands now that I've seen the excellent quality of this product. The shipping was quite prompt; I ordered on Saturday afternoon (warehouse was closed), and by noon the following Monday I'd received a ship confirmation. Thank you for making my job easier!"

"Terrible. They draw you in with low prices, but their products and service is unacceptable. I recently opened a cafe, and made my first order a month before opening day through them. I made a very large order, but the price for shipping still shocked me. For my delivery, I chose to have them call 4 hours before the time of delivery to ensure I was at my store, which I live half an hour away from. I only recieved a phone call from the driver telling me that he left my entire order outside, unattended until I drove over. Mind you, this was in the middle of winter in Colorado.

When I went through my order, I saw that a flavored syrup in a glass bottle froze and burst all over the box. I also ordered a faucet that is extremely leaky (the handle doesn't fully close). On top of that, my ice cream cones arrived a full 10 weeks after I ordered them, and they were pretty much all smashed to pieces. When I complained to customer service, they said that I had to pay a 30% restocking fee. After I wasted a full day trying to get them to replace my damaged items, I finally got someone to agree to replace them. The ice cream cones arrived, mostly intact, but I have yet to see the syrup or faucet replacements that were promised to me.

I will NOT be ordering again, and I cannot recommend them to anybody. Also, all of their good reviews are because they give store credit to those that rate them and their products well.

modified review This review was modified by Merica821 on November 10 2013 03:58:29 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"30% restocking fee.. Will not be ordering again from them . "

""The WEBstaurant Store" answered my questions on shipping to Canada. They had the best product at the best price. The 3-1/2 hp blender got to me in 24 hrs. and was tracked all the way. The shipping was not over priced either. I've already recommended "The WEBstaurant Store" to other Canadians."

"The WEBstaurant Store is a nice find indeed. They have every day items, as well as hard to find items like the Vietnamese Coffee filter I was looking for - all a a great price.

I have ordered twice from the store so far and both times my order came ahead of schedule and packaged very well.

I highly recommend the WEBstaurant Store to all, not just professionals or businesses, but everyday people just like me. They have just about everything you need and then some.

Cheers and Vidimo Se!

modified review This review was modified by Zavi on December 26 2012 10:47:24 PM

"Excellent site. I wish I had learned of them years ago. Love their extensive products list and that they sell to home kitchens, not just restaurants/institutions. Highly recommended."