Stores > The WEBstaurant Store

Customer service: Rating 3.53/10 3.53/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.32/10 2.32/10

2016-12-05

Forget returns

"Having 2 restaurants I have ordered many things from webstaurant. Excellent selection, good prices, adequate delivery but if you have to return anything forget it. After you pay high shipping costs and their restocking fee you're at 50% and they're not at all accommodating. Also, paid high price for 2nd day shipping. Arrived 5 days later. I was told to pound salt as the fine print says, Saturday and Sunday don't count, putting in the order after 11a.m. puts it to the next day. So my Thursday order came tuesday. Whatever you can get from Amazon usually works out better"

2016-11-30

Will order from them again and again and again!!!!

"I am just a single person, a senior citizen, not a business. I ordered a butane burner which never arrived. The CS person checked with the carrier and offered to reship the item. In the interim I had added a bunch of small items to my cart which the CS person accommodated in the second shipment. 45 minutes later I called back as I realized that I had forgotten to add 2 final items that I wanted. The CS person also accommodated the addition of the last two items. The shipment arrived 36 hours later, complete, intact......everything was high quality, in fact, much higher quality than I had expected. I am sorry for the people that have left bad reviews on this site, that they had such a negative experience, but all I can give is praise for a job well done, products that far exceeded my expectations and pleasant and professional customer service people who went above and beyond the call of duty."

This review was modified by MisterRGB on November 30 2016 08:05:01 AM

2016-11-29

Customer Service is A-mazing

"Look, we're all human, so mistakes happen, I cant hold the entire the company responsible for the actions of someone in the warehouse, and it was a simple mistake like "item#123jar" vs "item#123jarfair", so I received a portion of my order incorrectly, I notified customer service immediately, and 5 minutes later had return labels in my email, 24hrs later the wrong product is being sent back and my correct order is underway. I'm very pleased with this experience, and everyone I had contact with during the process. "

This review was modified by NurseMikey on November 29 2016 07:25:41 PM

2016-11-17

Beware Restocking Fee!

"Ordered an item for $50. Cost $12+ to ship it.
Item did not fit our need and in order to return for refund,
it would cost us a return shipping fee of $12+ and a
30% restocking fee.
This left us with a total of a $32 refund with the $18 restocking
fee, minus the $12 shipping, with a grand total of $20. And,
of course, we spent $12 to ship it in the first place, so reduce
that to $8 back on $62 spent. We have decided to keep the item
(which we can not use as it is a sink part that doesn't fit), donate
it to Habitat for Humanity, and not bother rebooting and driving
it down to the mailing center for a return. I will not be purchasing
from this company again due to their high restocking/shipping fees.

2016-11-09

Unbelievable and inconvenient!

"We are a business and placed an order for an equipment and realized we ordered a smaller equipment than we actually needed. So immediately after order placed which was Sunday, I sent an email and placed URGENT on it informing them that I need to order another item instead of the item placed. I got contacted via email stating its been placed and shipped although status states it's under processing! What do you mean? I literally just called and email and it was Sunday the day of ordering. After back and forth emailing, and them refusing to give me a supervisor, they said I could send back item once I receive it but id have to pay the 20% restocking fee!!! Really? For something I didn't even get? Then after another email and another rep, they said they would make an exception of waiving the fee but I'd have to purchase the other one. They demanded I pay the return label fee which again I didn't even get the damn item yet!!! What kind of business are you running? It's pathetic how you treat clients!!! They could have put a stop to the order as it was still not even processed!! In the last email, the lady stated that this is the last time she will offer this exception as I've had other exceptions in the past? Oh really? Not receiving an item is not a customers fault and when we called to complain they said we did receive it and that they would replace it with store credit!!! What kind of business does that??! Not getting our product is our right for a refund if we did not get it! You are not doing me a favor!! I will stop purchasing anything from this site!!! The worse customer service you will ever have!!!! "

This review was modified by Campalaboud on November 09 2016 06:47:21 PM

2016-10-20

SCAMMERS PERIOD NEVER BUY FROM THEM

"Bought an item, item did not work as it should and they REFUSED to let me return it, refused. So I contacted the BB and my credit card company, who is refusing to pay them. I then returned it because unlike this piece of garbage company I do have ethics. I am shocked they are still in business and I should have done my homework regarding what a horrible company they are, do not make the same mistake."

2016-10-19

Will never use again!

"Wrong Item was sent. Would not return without paying a 25% restocking fee. Said I ordered the wrong item. I would never order from these people again. Other part of order came broke. Try Katom"

This review was modified by Littles1710 on October 19 2016 11:22:31 AM

2016-10-14

50% Restocking fee BECAREFULL !!!!!!

"I order $25,000 of product maybe 40 pc total.
3 pc they ship and before I receive, I realize that I made a mistake.
When I told then that I didn't receive them diet and that I will spend all the credit they will give me.
They told me out of the $1,200 I will be charge 50% restocking fee so now I will get only $600 dollars then they also told me we will charge you to ship them back witch I believe is going to be $100.
So now I only get $500 back then once I will place an order from my credit they will charge me shipping to.
At the end of this long story I may get $400 from my $1200.
What a bad experience

This review was modified by pgatel24 on October 14 2016 11:30:22 PM

2016-10-01

Bab customer service.

"I buy two items from these poeple. They did ship the merchandise but from two different warehouses. One arrived next day the other one never arrived. I track it and fed ex claiming that some one by name carrara got the package. When i call to customer service to have them trace to find it they refused to do it. I complaint with pay pal. They end up refunding the value of the misding items. It is not a good busniess practice what http://www.webstaurantstore.com customer service do.

This review was modified by Cesoch5 on October 01 2016 03:26:34 PM

2016-09-28

BE CAREFUL!!!

"I ordered a $8,000 walk-in cooler and our General Contractor installed the walk-in component but not the cooling unit right away. Shortly after receiving the shipment we open the container which was holding the cooling unit and it was terribly damaged from the transit due to a poor packing job. I contacted customer service and because it was now within 5 days of receiving the unit they told me there was absolutely nothing I could do.

With that being said, I had to spend another $3,000 buying a cooling unit that worked. After spending tens of thousands with Webstaurant Store, you'd expect better customer service for an item they failed so deliver safely to me.

BEWARE! Work with somebody who appreciates your business and will go the extra mile when something is not right. THEY DID NOT and because of that I will now be bringing my business elsewhere.

This review was modified by alexakt on September 28 2016 09:18:39 AM

2016-09-13

Buyer Beware!!

"I must admit, my first experience with Webstrauant was positive except that my shelving unit was missing a split sleeve and had to use duck tape to finish installing the last shelf. The company sent me 4 split sleeves after completion. I left a nice review because my delivery was so fast. I placed a second order and once again, split sleeves were missing from my order and the fact that I had other issues with the posts that were ordered. I had missed one post in my order and charged $17.85 to ship it which arrived the same day with the 3 posts. 3 posts came with inserts for foot levelers, but the solo one did not. Tried reaching customer service by email, but they stopped responding. I still do not have my split sleeve after 6 days and my last shelf sits in my living room waiting to be made whole. There is NO phone number to try and reach upper management. I guess small customers like me are no problem to lose, but I wonder how many customers who read this may have been a big fish. Beware of this company! If anything goes wrong with the order, you're at their mercy whether you're going to get what you paid for. Shipping is another issue completely. Good Luck. I guess duck tape has to save my day again.
I have been contacted by a real person with a phone number! Although this transaction was a fiasco of blunders, I have received some compensation with shipping and 2 parts missing have been shipped out. This company has some work ahead to regain my trust and confidence. If it weren't for my constant emails and possibly this review, I doubt this resolve would have been done. VO from NY

This review was modified by eaglewings873 on September 14 2016 11:07:11 AM

2016-09-09

Buyer beware

"I bought 3 tablecloths (72"x120"). When they arrived, they had a seam. The seam is not down the middle, but about 2' from the side. I learned I should have read the faq. The seam was disclosed in the faq instead of the description (not cool). I learned their restocking fee is 30%, plus shipping (not cool). So, I bought 3 tablecloths at $17.49 = 52.47. I paid $23.27 shipping. I would have to pay return shipping; I assume at 23.27, plus a restocking fee of $15.74. That means I pay $62.28 to get my partial refund of $36.73 (not cool).
This is a good reference for shopping brick and mortar.
Rod Ocmond

2016-08-16

low price and fast shipping

"I ordered 9 items from them. The quality of the product is very good and the price is very low. It took only 2 days to ship to Los Angeles ( standard shipping). The best deal I can find online."

2016-08-09

Not pleased at all

"I order two sizes (9" and 6") of the SAME brand and SAME color plate, bone/ivory, for a wedding reception. They came in two completely different shades. Not slight, but rather VERY different. The larger one looks beige next to the smaller one. I thought I would exchange for both in WHITE, but I was told I would have to pay a 30% restocking fee plus my own return shipping. By the time I do that, I will get practically no money back, so I'm just keeping the plates. Now I have to reorder them but I don't think I will from this company. I'm afraid the white would be two different shades as well, somehow. "

2016-08-01

Ease of Use and Trustworthiness Impaired by Shipping Policies

"I ended up ordering quite a bit of tablewares including plates, cutlery, glasses, linens and other items for my wedding from WEBstaurant store, so I'm not writing this as someone who wants to burn them down. But my experience shopping with them got a lot more confusing when it came to figuring out shipping, and makes me hesitant to use them in the future for such big orders.

Namely, the amount you are charged for shipping is not fixed and varies wildly (and opaquely - there is absolutely no way to tell any of this on the product page!) based on what you place in the cart. I saw that the shipping on my $300 order had risen to nearly $50 with the addition of a few items so I started playing around with my cart. I had thrown a few small orders of napkins in, and imagine my surprise when I discovered that each individual pack of 50 napkins (base cost $4) added over $4 in shipping costs to my order! On the other hand, each pack of 50 shot glasses I added to the cart REDUCED shipping costs by around $1.25, making them considerably cheaper than I was budgeting.

Figuring all this out once I had a full cart of 20-25 items added another half an hour to my shopping time and I didn't even want to continue looking for more items once I had figured all of this out, since the true cost isn't really reflected on the item page. It is frustrating that a store that serves so many customers would have such a weird and inconvenient element when it comes to ordering from them.

This review was modified by think_tomorrow on August 01 2016 05:11:01 PM

Share The WEBstaurant Store's store rating

The WEBstaurant Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The WEBstaurant Store is not a merchant member
The WEBstaurant Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!