Stores > The WEBstaurant Store

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.60/10 3.60/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.65/10 3.65/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10

2016-04-29

Great Products, Great Customer Service!

"We purchased a Stainless Steel Prep Table for our kitchen that goes very well with our Stainless Steel appliances. We get more compliments on the table than on the other expensive items in the kitchen. WEBstaurant is great to work with and we will definitely do business again as well as recommending the store to others."

This review was modified by ChrisMau on April 29 2016 01:14:03 PM

2016-04-28

terrible customer service, horrible people working for the company

"I Place Thousands of dollars worth of orders with webstarurant not exaggerating probably 2-4 thousand a month every month. THIS COMPANY HAS LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER BECAUSE OF THEIR POOR POOR EMPLOYEES< THE CUSTOMER SERVICE HERE IS SO BAD AND JUST WRONG WHY WOULD YOU EVER ORDER FROM THEM> HANDS DOWN THE WORST COMPANY I EVER DEALT WITH IN MY LIFE, THE ONLY WAY I WOULD USE THIS SITE AGAIN IS THEY FIRE EVERYONE, AND REHIRE NORMAL AND POLITE PEOPLE WHO TALK ON THE PHONES LIKE PROFESSIONAL ADULTS AND NOT LAUGH IN YOUR FACE. I BET THE OWNER OF THIS COMPANY HATES HIS/HER COMPANY PROBABLY USES AMAZON !!!!"

2016-04-13

Terrible customer service

"I just had a really negative experience with this company. I ordered about $100 dollars worth of merchandise. The shipping was about $30 bucks, so the total was about $130. Unfortunately, there was a typo in my shipping address. As a result, the shipment couldn't be delivered. The shipment was still in transit when the error was discovered, so I contacted the Webstaurant Store to fix the issue. I think that most places would be happy to fix the problem -- it's just a typo, probably happens all the time -- and would just send a new shipment.

The Webstaurant Store, however, saw an opportunity to really stick it to me. I was required to place an entirely new order, pay the $30 shipping cost TWICE (once for the old order, once for the new), PLUS an additional $30 for return shipping, PLUS on top of everything else, they made me pay a $30 restocking fee! I was out $90 when it was all said and done -- my $130 order was now $220. I know the typo was my fault, but come on! When I have had shipping issues with other online retailers, they just correct it and send the order out again. It's not like the merchandise was lost.

Needless to say, I won't be shopping at the Webstaurant Store again.

This review was modified by ElBudster on April 13 2016 07:30:48 PM

2016-04-10

Buyers beware!!!

"I ordered large pho soup bowls that only came in sets of 12. The shipment arrived quickly within a few days. The bowls were packed in two sets of six stacked with thin sheets of tissue paper. Two of the bowls on the bottom were broken and it seems they may have been broken prior to delivery. Six stacked bowls were placed on their sides in a box (equaling two boxes) and then placed in a larger box.

The bowls are average quality. When i called customer service and explained what happened the agent provided two options. Request two samples from the manufacturer if available or credit the amount of the two broken bowls. I requested two replacement bowls.

I received an email reply fairly quickly and found that i would be credited. I ordered with the understanding that i would get 12 bowls and should be able to get replacements for broken items. Customers need to be made aware of this, but if they were they probably wouldnt purchase from this site. Go somewhere else.

This review was modified by Pinkiepug on April 10 2016 12:39:41 AM

2016-04-09

I will not shop there again

"I ordered small, disposable side-dish cups, but since the shipping was so expensive, I added a bunch of other stuff to make it cost-effective. The items came fast, but were overpackaged and there were no lids for the cups. I contacted customer service and showed them that in the item's description it showed the cups with lids in the photo, but they said I had to order it separately and refused to help me in any way with the insane shipping costs I had to pay to get the lids. They didn't even admit that it was a bit confusing on their part to show the cups with the lids on them in the photo. I got the impression that they really don't care whether I shop there ever again, which I won't."

2016-04-01

This company has NO concern for customer satisfaction.

" If you can find your product ANYWHERE else I suggest you do so. Half of my initial order did not arrive, when refunded it was inadequate to cover cost and shipment of the item.

Interesting that overall rating is better than 4 stars when they receive nothing higher than 3 stars for any individual category...

This review was modified by DBLANDofTUCSON on April 01 2016 02:55:24 PM

2016-03-20

Poor quality stainless stell that rusted

" Beware of the webstaurant store. I purchased 6 stainless steel food warmers, which developed rust on the stainless steel inserts in less than 3 weeks of usage. The stainless was obviously of very poor quality since high quality stainless steel will not readily oxidize. I called them to complain and they basically told me that I needed to scour off the rust spots with steel wool.
How ridiculous, especially considering that food directly contacts those inserts. They would not stand behind their products so I called my credit card company, which refunded my purchase and shipping fees. In addition, I have filed a complaint with the FDA against this operation.
READ ALL OF THEIR NEGATIVE REVIEWS AND AVOID THIS COMPANY AS THEY ARE VERY DISHONEST.

This review was modified by 12SUNYATA on March 20 2016 10:07:39 AM

2016-03-05

Exorbitant shipping; unclear terms

"I purchased two small items and was charged over a hundred dollars shipping for these. They ship slowly! Won't arrive until a week after shipped.

I am not able to account for what seems like an exorbitant shipping charge, to me.

The website seems to assume you'll be ordering an oven, and makes you agree that you'll unload their truck. It's too bad they don't have a realistic ordering and shipping system in place for small items.

I discussed this with customer service which did not clarify the reason for the seriously overpriced shipping. I requested the option to complain and was told that they do not accept complaints!!

So far, not a good experience. Hope this helps someone else.

This review was modified by Hilary-Christene on March 05 2016 02:56:59 PM

2016-02-29

Jay Silver Charger Plates

"I ordered the Infinity Silver Glass Charger Plates from Webstaurant Store. They arrived on time and well-packaged. Unfortunately, the packing slip and the order was for silver. I received some beautiful gold ones. Called customer service. Immediately, they provided a plan to ship the silver ones. The process was easy and the customer service people responded immediately. The silver ones came almost overnight. They are gorgeous and set a beautiful table. Because of the ease of return and customer service, I placed another order from this website. Thank you, Chris and Sarah in customer service. You are great!!!!"

This review was modified by Mary69 on February 29 2016 06:23:51 AM

2016-02-23

Unreliable product description and terrible return/refund policy!

"Don't let the seemingly "affordable" prices lure you in. If you want to return something, they will charge you a restocking fee of 20-30% PLUS shipping costs. My latest experience with WEBstaurant Store will be the last. I specifically purchased 20oz-capacity square bowls to showcase my soups and curries. I needed at least 16 oz. capacity, so I gave about 4 oz. of extra capacity. Description states that the capacity is 20 oz. Well, when I received the bowls and tried to measure the capacity with water from a measuring cup, the bowl could NOT fit 20 oz. of liquid. In fact, it would only fit 16 oz. of liquid. The product description on their website was so unreliable - it was off by 4 oz. When I emailed a customer service representative my situation, they said that the description is only an "approximate" value. How can you be off 4 oz.? That is a huge discrepancy that makes a big difference when you are trying to be as exact as possible. In the end, they charged me for a restocking fee of 20% and return shipping, even though their product description was incorrect and misleading. Please, just stay away from this store and buy from somewhere with better customer service and return/refund policy!"

This review was modified by lgdan on February 23 2016 09:30:30 AM

2016-02-22

Avantco Chest Freezer 8 cu.ft

"The majority of my equipment I bought from Webstaurantstore. Why? Because I rely on them, and I like their service. A month ago I ordered Avantco Chest Freezer 8 cu.ft for my pizzeria. In a week time I've got the freezer, but it was in not-working condition. I hate to be involved in to returning routine, but nothing to do: I found the info on their site of how to proceed further. When I counted how much it's gonna be to return the stuff (transportation, restocking fee etc), I was almost in a panic, but anyway I decided to call them. Fortunately, the people of their team were very attentive to my problem and proposed to bring me another new freezer with no charge at all + the old (non-working freezer) will remain at my disposal. The company brought the replacement very quick, so I want to say Thank You, guys! Next time I will definitely order from them and will make referrals to my friends."

This review was modified by Dimka999 on February 22 2016 01:31:00 PM

2016-02-13

Rediculous restocking fee 30% ?!

"The price was fair and the shipped pretty quickly as I am in PA same as them, but when the product wasn't ideal as the seams were glued on the stainless steel blender, I returned it. Didn't even open the main box, and I am slapped with a 30% restocking fee. 10% more cause I am not a restaurant. Ridiculous. buyer beware go somewhere else the extra cost is worth it if you need to return it for any reason."

This review was modified by Deezak on February 13 2016 07:12:23 PM

2016-02-04

BY FAR THE BEST COMPANY, PRICE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

"I'm writing a 5 star review because the unit works perfectly. The customer service of WebstaurantStore is the best! They also have the best prices around as I did research on this for quite some time. They answer all my questions and or concerns very quickly. The Continental Refrigerator 2R-GD 52" Two Section Glass Door Reach-In Refrigerator - 48 Cu. Ft. is bigger than our other unit and we love how much space it has. Another feature we love is that the doors stay locked open in certain positions as our other unit the doors are always trying to close on you while getting product out."

This review was modified by Alanreisman on February 04 2016 06:50:06 AM

2016-01-29

Fantastic service on two occasions over 3 years

"I'm surprised by the negative reviews here as my experience has been quite the contrary. My first dealing with this company was in 2013 and although they did ship the wrong color in one of the two items I ordered shipped to me in Canada, when I called them they promptly sent me the correct item at no charge and told me to keep the one sent wrongly. No arguments, no hassle.

On the second occasion, I ordered 3 of a certain item recently and it was sent correctly and fairly quickly. The item, which was very inexpensive compared to similar items elsewhere, seemed to be of lower quality and 2 of the 3 broke down within a short period of time. This was obviously a manufacturing problem and not their fault. Despite that, when I called and spoke to someone (Sabrina), she had a great attitude and listened to my concern and looked into options to help me and eventually offered me either a replacement or full refund. I chose the refund option and they refunded my full purchase price including shipping. They did not even ask me to send the broken items back for verification. Also, during the whole process, they both answered the phone quickly when I called as well as answering emails quickly with detailed answers to questions. That is a rare thing in this day and age when people don't seem to read your messages before replying.

After these two experiences, I can't imagine a better level of customer service. What else could a customer ask for? Now, my items were of relatively lower price (my order was under $200 on both occasions), if that matters.

2016-01-28

The worst website ever.

"I spent over $5000 a month ordering from them to our juice bar. Each order was missing items. they refused to give any money back or send my items. the truck driver told me that the drivers are stealing items from the truck before delivery and when deliver they say to customer that they don't have time to go through order because they have other deliveries. They make you sign paperwork and websturant will not honor any claim because you signed this paper. After, at 3rd delivery I went through the entire order and was missing 8 items, Still trying to get my items/money back. Instead to running a restaurant I am now working full time sending paperwork to this website in order to get my items or money back. DO NOT WAISTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY this is a professional fraud."

This review was modified by omerho on January 28 2016 11:11:20 AM

Share The WEBstaurant Store's store rating

The WEBstaurant Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The WEBstaurant Store is not a merchant member
The WEBstaurant Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!