Stores > The WEBstaurant Store

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.95/10 3.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.38/10 3.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

2016-08-16

low price and fast shipping

"I ordered 9 items from them. The quality of the product is very good and the price is very low. It took only 2 days to ship to Los Angeles ( standard shipping). The best deal I can find online."

2016-08-09

Not pleased at all

"I order two sizes (9" and 6") of the SAME brand and SAME color plate, bone/ivory, for a wedding reception. They came in two completely different shades. Not slight, but rather VERY different. The larger one looks beige next to the smaller one. I thought I would exchange for both in WHITE, but I was told I would have to pay a 30% restocking fee plus my own return shipping. By the time I do that, I will get practically no money back, so I'm just keeping the plates. Now I have to reorder them but I don't think I will from this company. I'm afraid the white would be two different shades as well, somehow. "

2016-08-01

Ease of Use and Trustworthiness Impaired by Shipping Policies

"I ended up ordering quite a bit of tablewares including plates, cutlery, glasses, linens and other items for my wedding from WEBstaurant store, so I'm not writing this as someone who wants to burn them down. But my experience shopping with them got a lot more confusing when it came to figuring out shipping, and makes me hesitant to use them in the future for such big orders.

Namely, the amount you are charged for shipping is not fixed and varies wildly (and opaquely - there is absolutely no way to tell any of this on the product page!) based on what you place in the cart. I saw that the shipping on my $300 order had risen to nearly $50 with the addition of a few items so I started playing around with my cart. I had thrown a few small orders of napkins in, and imagine my surprise when I discovered that each individual pack of 50 napkins (base cost $4) added over $4 in shipping costs to my order! On the other hand, each pack of 50 shot glasses I added to the cart REDUCED shipping costs by around $1.25, making them considerably cheaper than I was budgeting.

Figuring all this out once I had a full cart of 20-25 items added another half an hour to my shopping time and I didn't even want to continue looking for more items once I had figured all of this out, since the true cost isn't really reflected on the item page. It is frustrating that a store that serves so many customers would have such a weird and inconvenient element when it comes to ordering from them.

This review was modified by think_tomorrow on August 01 2016 05:11:01 PM

2016-07-28

Some of the best customer service I have ever had.

"My business has been dealing with Webstaurant Store for the last 2 years and their customer service is consistently some of the best I have ever encountered. And I have dealt with a lot. They take returns no questions asked, replace anything damaged with little hassle, and the phone support are the friendliest and most helpful people. Because of this I have moved more of my orders through them. Cannot say enough!"

2016-07-25

Horrid customer service

"I ordered a new oven from them that arrived DAMAGED, there were MISSING PARTS (the legs of the oven [I had to call them to get these and wait until they arrived in order to even set the oven up]), and the oven completely stopped working within two months. Got in contact with them multiple times over the course of a week, each time speaking to someone different to come repair the oven. They said they would send a technician over to fix it, but no one showed up or even returned my call on the day that they were supposed to come. Absolutely terrible customer service. I am never ordering anything from them again and I would advise anyone who reads these reviews to stay away! I honestly wish I could give them 0/5 stars."

2016-07-20

Never Again!

"Ordered - Safety fencing. When we tried to install the first roll - it ripped just picking it up to put on posts.

Tried to return the other 4 unopened/unused rolls and they would not respond after their initial contact. I complained to PayPal and of all things...paypal decided in their favor!! ~~~ WHAT? I can not even view online why paypal came to such decision... but something is up with that for sure!!

I

2016-06-27

Terrible Service, Selling Returned Item as New

"Long time customer, very disappointed with purchase. Will not buy from vendor again. Ordered a New Panini Press that was a returned item. The item's box was ripped and unsealed. Contacted customer, provided photos but was told item was brand new. They can't explain why box was ripped and no protective grease on the grill."

This review was modified by alyim on July 02 2016 07:24:44 AM

2016-06-17

Table cover & poor service

"Ordered a square 36" table cover for a square table with legs approximately 36" apart. Table cover came with plastic feed to go under the table legs. They were stitched in a rectable with about 12" of space on the two sides with a long gap on the other. Clearly this was a manufacturer's defect. I contacted Customer Service, provided photos, and was told that they would contact the manufacturer. They contacted the manufacturer who apparently said that it was installed wrong and that i just need to put the plastic feet under the legs. I thought it was obvious that 12" will not be able to stretch to 36" so i informed them that the need to look at the pictures and they will realize it is not user error. They said they would reach out to the mfg. again. 10 days later... still no response.

My expectation is that they would honor the purchase between myself and webstaurantstore.com as a transaction between two parties. I did not purchase from the manufacturer directly, so i dont believe they should be responsible for solving my problem. I think webstaurantstore should pay to have the cover shipped back to them, send me a new one with no problems immediately, and use their own time to recoup any remuneration from the manufacturer.

They are definitely not a company that stands behind their products. If anything in your transaction goes wrong, expect them to run away and hide. I will NEVER buy anything from this company again.

2016-06-08

Very Satisfied Customer

"After reading some of these reviews I was very hesitant to place an order with Webstaurant Store. I went ahead and placed my order online for a stainless steel sink, 48" shelf as well as faucets for our new sink. I received my items just 7 days after placing my order. The sink arrived packed on a skid and crated. The sink was also wrapped in shrink wrap. Everything went smoothly with the exception of not receiving the sink leg braces. I called customer service as soon as I realized they were missing in shipment. The gentleman was very helpful. I received them via FedEx within 24 hours. WOW! Impressive! No complaints on this company. I will use them again if needed. "

This review was modified by RenovationQueen on June 08 2016 05:25:42 PM

2016-05-23

Very smooth transaction

"Very smooth transaction – received what I ordered (three boxes worth of different items, all consumables/food) and all were delivered promptly and exactly as I ordered. Each item was wrapped separately and packed well (a few were glass, so glad they arrived safely). Email communications were timely and delivery was via FedEx Ground (received the usual emails from them as well). Before ordering from this site, I checked online reviews and wondered if I should not order from the site/company, but the prices were compelling so I took a chance. Did note that the shipping for a few items is a bit high, but if you order more than 2-3 things, it balances out. Before check-out, the online site shows their return policy and advises that some equipment was not suitable for home use. Not sure why other reviewers who gave dismal ratings as my experience was positive – I will return. BTW, this survey site is hard to use..... did not accept my Don't Know responses. and the check box of if the store asked me to write this review should have been a yes or no............ again, not a great site."

2016-04-29

Great Products, Great Customer Service!

"We purchased a Stainless Steel Prep Table for our kitchen that goes very well with our Stainless Steel appliances. We get more compliments on the table than on the other expensive items in the kitchen. WEBstaurant is great to work with and we will definitely do business again as well as recommending the store to others."

This review was modified by ChrisMau on April 29 2016 01:14:03 PM

2016-04-28

terrible customer service, horrible people working for the company

"I Place Thousands of dollars worth of orders with webstarurant not exaggerating probably 2-4 thousand a month every month. THIS COMPANY HAS LOST A LOYAL CUSTOMER BECAUSE OF THEIR POOR POOR EMPLOYEES< THE CUSTOMER SERVICE HERE IS SO BAD AND JUST WRONG WHY WOULD YOU EVER ORDER FROM THEM> HANDS DOWN THE WORST COMPANY I EVER DEALT WITH IN MY LIFE, THE ONLY WAY I WOULD USE THIS SITE AGAIN IS THEY FIRE EVERYONE, AND REHIRE NORMAL AND POLITE PEOPLE WHO TALK ON THE PHONES LIKE PROFESSIONAL ADULTS AND NOT LAUGH IN YOUR FACE. I BET THE OWNER OF THIS COMPANY HATES HIS/HER COMPANY PROBABLY USES AMAZON !!!!"

2016-04-13

Terrible customer service

"I just had a really negative experience with this company. I ordered about $100 dollars worth of merchandise. The shipping was about $30 bucks, so the total was about $130. Unfortunately, there was a typo in my shipping address. As a result, the shipment couldn't be delivered. The shipment was still in transit when the error was discovered, so I contacted the Webstaurant Store to fix the issue. I think that most places would be happy to fix the problem -- it's just a typo, probably happens all the time -- and would just send a new shipment.

The Webstaurant Store, however, saw an opportunity to really stick it to me. I was required to place an entirely new order, pay the $30 shipping cost TWICE (once for the old order, once for the new), PLUS an additional $30 for return shipping, PLUS on top of everything else, they made me pay a $30 restocking fee! I was out $90 when it was all said and done -- my $130 order was now $220. I know the typo was my fault, but come on! When I have had shipping issues with other online retailers, they just correct it and send the order out again. It's not like the merchandise was lost.

Needless to say, I won't be shopping at the Webstaurant Store again.

This review was modified by ElBudster on April 13 2016 07:30:48 PM

2016-04-10

Buyers beware!!!

"I ordered large pho soup bowls that only came in sets of 12. The shipment arrived quickly within a few days. The bowls were packed in two sets of six stacked with thin sheets of tissue paper. Two of the bowls on the bottom were broken and it seems they may have been broken prior to delivery. Six stacked bowls were placed on their sides in a box (equaling two boxes) and then placed in a larger box.

The bowls are average quality. When i called customer service and explained what happened the agent provided two options. Request two samples from the manufacturer if available or credit the amount of the two broken bowls. I requested two replacement bowls.

I received an email reply fairly quickly and found that i would be credited. I ordered with the understanding that i would get 12 bowls and should be able to get replacements for broken items. Customers need to be made aware of this, but if they were they probably wouldnt purchase from this site. Go somewhere else.

This review was modified by Pinkiepug on April 10 2016 12:39:41 AM

2016-04-09

I will not shop there again

"I ordered small, disposable side-dish cups, but since the shipping was so expensive, I added a bunch of other stuff to make it cost-effective. The items came fast, but were overpackaged and there were no lids for the cups. I contacted customer service and showed them that in the item's description it showed the cups with lids in the photo, but they said I had to order it separately and refused to help me in any way with the insane shipping costs I had to pay to get the lids. They didn't even admit that it was a bit confusing on their part to show the cups with the lids on them in the photo. I got the impression that they really don't care whether I shop there ever again, which I won't."

Share The WEBstaurant Store's store rating

The WEBstaurant Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The WEBstaurant Store is not a merchant member
The WEBstaurant Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!