• The Video Beat

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

"sorry but the last experience was awful..i tried 3 times with 3 different credit cards..order was refused..credit cards in great standing!! tried alternate ways to pay...they were refused! wrote them..got no where! I AM AN EXCELLENT CUSTOMER WHO ORDERED MANY TIMES IN THE PAST..THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING!! PS CUT THE NASTY RESPONSES TO MY INQUIRY!"

"I had a great experience with The Video Beat. I ordered a DVD copy of "Sweetwater: A True Rock Story", and it came in a timely manner and the quality was okay. You can tell they copied from VHS, but the movie itself was straight to tv anyway so any quality is understandable. I really like it and am happy with my purchase. "

This review was modified by rcarter752 on February 20 2015 07:27:51 AM

"Do not purchase from this site. I was looking for more of the Buck Owen Show and thought I hit the jackpot. For over $50 US all I received were the same 9 episodes I had already watched on u-tube. This company stole from u-tube, made a copy and mailed it to me. So disappointed I did not research this first. I just wonder if the true owners of these episodes are aware of this."

This review was modified by DelinOntario on December 27 2014 05:30:56 AM

"I have purchased 12 discs from this company in a little more than a year. So far 6 or the discs no longer work and were only played 2 or 3 times. Contacted the business and was told they would replace them IF I purchase something from the site. Since I am having problems with year old discs I do not want to purchase any more until we resolve this problem. So far no luck. Buyer Beware either the discs are cheap ones with a short shelf live or they are just a bad batch."

This review was modified by cmort on November 21 2014 01:24:52 PM

"Unhappy with the videos, requested a refund.. All I got was you must not know video collectors market. He was rude, and would not let me return all three videos I ordered. Would only let me return one. However; we never did, because he never told me the policy for returning. He WOULD probably charge me more than what I paid for the videos. RUDE RUDE. IF ONE IS UNHAPPY YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RETURN, AND NOT DOWN GRADE YOUR CUSTOMERS AS TO WHAT THEY KNOW OR NOT ABOUT REPRODUCING OLD VIDEOS "I'M NOT THE EXPERT VIDEO BEAT IS - THATS WHY THEY CHARGE FOR TAPES RIGHT". Our emails went back and forth, and not once did he say -- we want you to be completely satified -- this is the refund policy. The video I ordered was American Band Stand in the 50's, the tapes we're not even wrapped up,and you could not even hear the music -- from all the static on the tape. When I told him "Chuck" as he called himself. He got very offensive in his email.. I would NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN.. TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.. HE'S FAST AT GETTING YOUR VIDEO, BUT DON'T ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK.."

"I love their stuff. The Hullabaloo, Hollywood Palace, and R-and-R Nostalgia series has many memorable, live, never-seen (to me) performances that bring me lots of joy and make me appreciate that best-of-all eras in music. The quality is fine considering the historic nature of the material, and the sound quality is surprisingly vibrant and audiophile grade. Everyone who loves this music owes it to themselves to try their offerings.
Yeah you could look thru youtube, but somehow the experience of seeing it on a good TV/Audio system (and using the videobeat as a "consultant" to uncover this rare material) is well worth it to me. I highly recommend videobeat.

This review was modified by rrrrssss on October 05 2013 11:00:30 AM

"awesome promptness in receiving order,all questions answered quickly.great quality for the money.very 1st purchase was sone shindig and hullabo shows and still play them often as my friends are impressed with the overall quality.great to receive even the sixties business practices.prompt,courteous,service,and the almost give away prices with the more you buy is outstanding and warrants being placed on the frequent buyers list "

This review was modified by michaelsixties on July 29 2012 08:49:06 AM

"I purchased fifteen DVDs from The Video Beat between 2005 and 2009. All arrived promptly and played ok at the time. The video quality varied from very good to quite poor, but I assumed that most of the material had been sourced from video tapes recorded from television broadcasts and the like, so I wasn't too upset about the poor quality items.However, during the past year or so I have noticed that seven of the fifteen DVDs I bought no longer play properly, and simply stick around half to three quarters of the way thru. I have not experienced this problem with any other DVD seller and even have some DVDs I made myself eight years ago that still play. has anyone else experienced this problem with Video Beat merchandise?"

This review was modified by nafydrog on July 25 2012 07:15:03 AM

"This site is a treasure trove! I bought a DVD of a 1959 movie that I had been seeking for decades, and this was the only source for it anywhere. The film has sentimental value for me, and I am very happy to finally have it. I'm telling all my friends about this unique seller, and I'll be a repeat buyer for sure."

"I'm sorry to see a customer so upset with Video Beat. I've been a customer and trading partner with Chuck for many years and he's always been honest, responsive to problems, and a nice and knowledgable guy. In 2002 several discs "stopped working" a year or two after I purchased and I contacted Chuck about a discount if I repurchased them. He replied immediately and sent me all new discs for free including postage.

Many times I've had questions and he's dug around to quickly find answers. The customer that originally posted here must be an anomaly, because I've always known the Video Beat to be friendly and helpful.

"I purchased "The Beatles in Germany 1966" and was very dissatisfied with the content and quality. The two hour DVD included very little live concert footage and alot of useless filler, i.e. extraneous crowd scenes from outside the concert that kept being repeated. The video quality resembled VHS recordings and the audio was poor at best and often unintelligible during interviews. Audio during concert songs was often disconnected from the video, i.e. George Harrison singing on the video while audio was on an instrumental segment. The description of this DVD sounded great but it was a very poor product. For a cost of $20, this DVD was a total rip off. I emailed Videobeat, explained my disappointment, and asked for a refund. Their reply is below. I'll never buy another DVD from them and warn others to be very wary.

"You clicked “accept official policy” when you checked out. If people have a nice tone and attitude I’m inclined to make exceptions.
I’m sorry I only offer exchanges for defective discs."

The "unofficial policy" also stated they would generally make refunds because they only want satisfied customers. Apparently I had a bad "tone and attitude" because I told them exactly what was wrong with the DVD.

"A great site, very helpful, fast shipping, top quality DVDs with amazing extras. I urge any fan of rare 50s/60s movies/music/TV to visit this site. You will be amazed at the range on offer."

Share The Video Beat's store rating

The Video Beat is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Video Beat is not a merchant member
The Video Beat does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!