The Tech Geek Reviews - https://thetechgeek.com/content/index.php Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.83/10 25 reviews

The Tech Geek is not a merchant member
The Tech Geek does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I've bought several items from the thetechgeek.com over the last several years and usually have no problems. However this time I ordered several hundred DVD-R's and after several days noticed that they had not shipped them. They had however charged my credit card. Tried to contact them without success. Their contact page returns a page not found when you hit submit and evidently their phone number is a state secret. Called my credit card company today and initiated a chargeback. Perhaps that will get their attention."

Rating 8/104/5

"Got a great price, shipping wasn't lightning fast but product was a good dead and worked perfectly."

Rating 8/104/5

"I had a very pleasant shopping experience with TheTechGeek.com. After placing my order, I received an email confirmation of my order quickly, and later the same day received a shipping notification email. There was no tracking number in the email, so the next day I emailed their customer support to see if they had one. It took them a little time, but by that evening I had a reply with the my information. They could have saved us both some time by putting the information in the shipping email, but their fairly quick reply was polite and professional. All-in-all, I would probably shop here again. Thanks!!"

Rating 6/103/5

"My experience with The Tech Geek was initially rather unfavorable. The item sent was not the item that I had ordered. Then I was informed that the item that I had ordered was not in stock (despite it having indicated otherwise at the time that I placed the original order) and therefore could not be exchanged for the item sent in error. Customer Service were very prompt and professional, however, in arranging for a full refund and accepting the retuned merchandise. They accepted responsibility and were very courteous throughout. Based solely on my experience with them, I would venture another order with The Tech Geek in future - based upon their admirable response and follow-up to what began as an unfortunate error. Considering some of the previous feedback here, they seem to be making great strides in improving their service. "

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered two SanDisk SD cards from this company. Online shopping experience was as ordinary as other stores. I received the order confirmation almost immediately through an email, but never received a shipping confirmation. The shipping took 8 postal working days (weekdays and Saturdays excluding a postal holiday) through USPS. It was longer than most of online stores nowadays I dealt with, but is nothing out of ordinary. The shipment came in a plain envelop with the manufacturing package inside. There is no box or foam, and really nothing fancy. For the product I purchased, this type of shipping package is fine with me. I read some online reviews from this site after the order and was concerned. I felt really relieved when finally receiving the shipment. I did not need to call the company and therefore don't know the customer support side of the business. My payment was through my credit card. They charged it when the product was shipped. And there is no overcharge thus far. I guess customer's expectation plays a role if there is dissatisfaction about shipping speed and other things. Comparatively speaking, Tech Geek would not be the best online shopping store in terms of services. However for my case, they got the business done. But I am really only speaking for my $15 of shopping experience. Do I really want to deal with the company again? Based on its current rating, I won't. But if the deal is really good, I will probably make another trip. "

modified review This review was modified by Blakly on October 16 2007 10:35:50 AM

"These jerks are rip-off artists!

Here's their response to my complaint of false advertising:

Dear customer,
The item is brand new. The item is advertised as being brand new in
bulk packaging, which is the shiny silver bag it came in. The
scratches are mostly likely from the shipping from the manufacturer to
our warehouse, and the item shifting inside its package. If you
return the item, there will be a 25% restocking fee charged, because
the item is advertised as being in bulk packaging. Thank you!
Quoting Customer:

> The item I ordered (#8331099786) was described as:
> "Griffin iTrip LCD FM Transmitter for iPod w/Dock Connector - Brand New
> in Bulk Packaging (1) (A206,)"
> However, when I opened the antistatic pouch, it was clearly evident that
> it was not brand new. The front and back of the iTrip are heavily scratched.

"Ordered an item described as "Brand new in bulk packaging." They shipped me a clearly used item, covered in scratches. I contacted their customer service via phone, and of course, got an answering machine. Sent an email describing issue. Got a terse response telling me the item is in fact new and the scratches must have gotten there from the manufacturer. Stay away from these guys."

Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered 2 HDMI cables from The Tech Geek on June 14th and I promptly received a e-mail confirmation that they received my order. I paid at time of order via Pay Pal. By June 18th I hadn't received any shipping confirmation. I sent their customer service a e-mail asking for a tracking number. On June 19th I received a e-mail from customer service asking me to send them the Pay Pal transaction ID. I did. On June 20th I received the following e-mail "Dear customer, Your information has been update. We will send the order ASAP. Thanks for shopping at TheTechGeek.com". I never recieved a tracking number. The items finally arived on June 23rd.

In all fairness...A co-worker of mine ordered the same items a day after I did. He didn't pay using Pay Pal, and he recieved his order the day before mine. The delay may of been the fault of Pay Pal, but I can't confirm.

Rating 4/102/5

"Ordered item from tech geek, I decided I did not want it about 30 mins later. Their website said its easy to call and cancel. I called got a voicemail, left a message. emailed them. Nothing. The item came quickly and is not worth going through the hassle of returning it, besides who would I contact to say I want to? Prompt service, non-existant customer service."

modified review This review was modified by chhenry on June 28 2007 08:05:52 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"Bought a Bluetooth External Adapter, price was good. but shipping was too long. was shipped in a USPS even that i paid like $4 for shipping... product is fine... but i would not buy stuff from them again. "

"Terrible Store.

This place sends your order to other shippers, which process it. They do NOT answer emails, and there is no phone support (Try calling thier customer support line - you get an answering machine)

I placed an order, and wanted to add something to it, so I called, and emailed. No answer for a day, and then I got a shipping notice. Still no phone answer, or email reply. Finally after 2 days I got an email telling me that my order could not be added to as it already shipped.

Buyer beware of these guys, There is absolutely no support, so if something is lost or broken, you have no way of contacting them. They also have a silly 15% restocking fee for all returned items no matter what, Bit of a fly by night. Next time I will stick to a reputable firm, even if I fave to spend more.

"January 4th, I order a USB hub and pay through PayPal. I never received a confirmation from TechGeek, and after repeated e-mails I FINALLY get a reply around the 25th stating they hadn't received my payment information. I forward them a copy of the PayPal receipt and they thank me for my promptness (yeah, sure thing). February 5th, I receive my package. It looks like it's been stepped on, and it's NOT the USB hub that I ordered. Naturally, I received it 2 days after their "100% satisfaction guarantee" offer had expired. These guys just plain suck."

"Bought flash card readers, mini tripods and usb hub from there on 3 orders, the price is VERY competitive, the shipping is quick, packaging is adequate.

Returned one card reader, for some reason, it works fine with smaller cards, like 256MB, doesn't work with bigger cards, like 2GB. Even I sent back the reader later than required 10day for RMA, they still refunded the purchase price PROMPTLY after they got it!

Will come back to do more business with them, will recommend them to friends.

"Ordered The King of DVD Player
PLAY DIVX, KARAOKE, 5.1 CHANNEL OUTPUT with 2 microphones. Stopped working properly after 7 month of usage. Called/e-mailed customer service= no results, contacted BBB to see what could be done in order to get unit repaired or get my money back.
BTW, the unit looks never been sertified for sale in the USA, no manufacturer contact info on manual. Watch out for this store. Paid $45.99, next day the same dvd player was $39.99, asked for refund, the store said :yes, but did not refund the money.

"Extremely pleased. Found the best deal online for an 80gb laptop drive ($69)and an enclosure ($6), free shipping received in an under a week. "