"The manager of the Naples's store must be the Boss from Hell, especially if you are a woman. This manager somehow found out out I was unhappy with the service i received trying to purchase a pair of running shoes. He stalked me in store and found me on the way to p checkout ( I did not seek him out to complain). He then proceeded to let me know, for what seemed like eternity, about what a great coach he was. He stated I should share the specifics about my experience so he could help the employee. After I spilled the beans I immediately regretted saying anything about the first shoe sales associate that helped me, given the manager's puffed up opinion about himself and feared for the employee. I finished by saying everything turned out Ok and apologized for being a little gruff.. I couldn't believe his reply, " That's OK, my wife does the same to me". Hello, this is 2014' not 1955. This guy needs some serious HR help. I would not want to be a woman working in this place, and I will no linger shop there."

modified review This review was modified by LoisG on February 13 2014 06:22:40 PM

"Thought I would get a great deal on some Under Armour hoodies. The items were marked as back-ordered, but I wasn’t in a rush to get them and willing to wait until they were back in stock. ONE WEEK later I get an email saying the order was cancelled. I have NEVER had a back-ordered item cancelled without notice before. If the items were advertised as close-out (discontinued line, etc) that’s a different story, but the hoodies were clearly marked as available for back-order.

Not only that, but Sports Authority’s customer service department doesn’t respond to their customers. Sent an email the same day I received the unwanted order cancellation, and a week later no reply.

Oh well, one less online store to shop at...

"Ordered a sale item, was told it was on backorder, and received an email saying that the sale was cancelled and that I would not be receiving my item.

I find this particularly distasteful because on the order form there was no option to opt-out of Sports Authority marketing email list- you know the equivalent of a weekly circular that shows up in your inbox every few days. Also, paypal was "not available for this promotion" so I had to use my credit card. I figured that they were running a good deal to beef up their email list and billing list since they were requiring email addresses and credit card info. I was willing to accept this trade of information for deep discounts.

When they cancelled the order they not only wasted my time but also all of my information for free. I will not forget this and will never order from sports authority again.

modified review This review was modified by chrisj321 on February 02 2013 10:19:19 AM

"Bad bad and very bad, such a disappointing experience. Placed an order for a hoodie, and I was excited by this purchase, and got an email that it will be back order for 3 or 4 weeks (not a problem, it was a good deal). After 1 weeks, they cancelled my order"

"Very negative experience. I purchased a sale item, they oversold it and they cancelled it. Their screw up and they screw me. Do not shop at Sports Authority."

"Purchased 3 items for gifts (2 in one order, and 1 in a separate order). Both orders were subsequently canceled with no explanation as to why.

I am not big on buying items that are listed for sale, expecting to receive them, only to find out that they were canceled 7 days later. Most reputable merchants have their products to you before then, with Amazon products arriving in 1-2 days.

Needless to say, I will not waste my time attempting to purchase anything from this merchant in the future. Luckily, I didn't need the gifts until early February, so I have time to find replacement gifts.

"Fix your ordering and inventory system."

"Cancelled order without notification. Apparantely they are into bait and switch or whatever you want to call it. Advertise low prices and not fulfill them. They will charge your card right away though. Garbage company. No wonder I barely shop here.
Stay Away! Keep up the 1 star ratings Sports Authority! You earned that every one!

"Ordered a hoodie from their website, order went through fine, but the item was on back-order. They said it would be 3-4 weeks to receive the item. A week later they send another email, saying the shipment would be further delayed. Checked the order status online, only to find out they actually cancelled the order, without telling me, because they did not want to fulfill the order for the price they posted. Won't ever (attempt) to do business with them again. Could have ordered or purchased a different hoodie in the mean time, instead of waiting a week for them to get around to telling me they weren't going to fulfill my order."

"Horrible! Was on their e mail list, saw great sale price on an exercise bike. Sounded too good to be true, but...it's their sales flyer so it must be true right? WRONG! Customer service rep says they made a mistake and they may ship or just cancel order. About 2 weeks later got an e-mail that says I cancelled order! I know they say quantities can be limited but, the minute I saw the e-mail I ordered it...I can't see where millions of people got the email and also wanted that bike.Plus if a rep said they put the wrong price on the flyer, I think they should honor their mistakenly quoted price. Plus never got a call back as promised...and everything is always we will get back to you in 2-3 days! I won't bs stepping goof in another Sports Authority again!"

"I placed an order online and they made me wait for 4 weeks and later sent me an email saying order is cancelled at my request. I never asked them to cancel my order, bunch of lairs and not that customer friendly. Never place an order or purchase in Sports Authority."

"WORD OF WARNING: DO NOT order anything online with Sports Authority. I ordered about $200 worth of merchandise and today I received someone's order of a $15 slingshot. His order information is in the box, my label on the outside. So, he got a nice little xmas present. Sports Authority says that everything is out of stock and that they have no idea when or if it will be restocked. I was informed that it was MY RESPONSIBILITY to go to the website everyday and look to see if it was restocked and then call customer service to have it resent. I asked to speak to a Supervisor and was told there wasn't one available. I asked for my money to be reimbursed and I was told that couldn't happen because I was given a discount for my "inconvenience". I have requested a call from a Supervisor....let's see if that ever happens. So, they have my money and I have a stupid slingshot which they want me to return!"

"Dec 5, 2012
On Nov 26 I ordered a PSABR Trunk Mount 4 Bike. Rec'd em to advise
of Nov 28 shipping date. As of today nothing's arrived so I called SA. I was told the item was returned 12/3 by UPS due damage. SA did not advise me of the return, I had to call and inquire. The replacement can't be shipped until 12/7. I depart
late same day. I told them to ship it at their expense to arrive
by Friday. I will never do business w/this company again. BEWARE and expect to be disappointed.

modified review This review was modified by LindaLalum on December 05 2012 01:05:40 PM

"Ordered some workout clothes for my daughter. Box arrived smashed (not their fault) and included wrong size of shorts, a clearance shirt with stains on it, and to top things off, two shirts that were of a different brand/maker than advertised in the online listing. VERY annoying, and I would never shop from this has-been, bottom-of-the-barrel retailer again. Sports Authority has been eclipsed by Zappos, Road Runner Sports and Swimoutlet for VERY good reasons. Sports Authority needs to get with the times and bump up the service quality."

modified review This review was modified by atlantamomofsix on October 16 2012 05:14:30 AM

"THIS COMPANY IS H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E! I went to the store a couple of days ago, to buy a sleeping bag for an overnight retreat coming up in a week. Unfortunately, the sleeping bag did not work, so I needed to find a new one. So, I went to their website, which is the slowest, worst website I have ever been to. You have to press the button a billion times to go the the page you want, and its not my computer that is the issue, because it doesn't happen on any other site! Finally, when I find the sleeping bag I want, I call a Sports Authority near me to see if it is in the store. I am on the phone for 45 minutes without even talking to anybody! 45 minutes? Really? Just to see if something is in stock? They need to fire that worked. One employee blocked our aisle. Again, REALLY? Are you kidding me? The employees are supposed to be helpful, not an obstacle. Next, at checkout, the employee was rude and in a bad mood. Overall, this company sucks, and after reading this review, one would be very ignorant to shop there again. For camping needs, I recommend REI, or an outdoor store close to you."

modified review This review was modified by Mira123Mcdonald on August 28 2012 01:14:02 PM

Sports Authority (Fogdog) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sports Authority (Fogdog) is not a merchant member
Sports Authority (Fogdog) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!