• Sports Authorit

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"Ordered some golf balls for Father's Day and after 3 days they sent an email to say they were cancelling the order. Poor service. Shop elsewhere. "

"Don't fall for the 10% discount when you sign up for emails. Here are ALL the brands excluded from the discount.

Adams Golf
Thorlo
Thule
Tour Edge
Wilson
bike racks, electronics/optics, select fitness, exercise bikes, ellipticals, treadmills, home gyms, weights, benches, trampolines and accessories, select Fan Shop furniture, select camping products, canopies, scooters, table games, fishing and hunting products, and select basketball systems. Other exclusions may apply.

This review was modified by Sportsmom3 on January 04 2015 04:46:54 PM

"I have had such a terrible experience ordering from Sports Authority online for the first time and likely the last. The entire shopping experience has been a nightmare and has still not been resolved. I decided I wanted to purchase a rangefinder for my boyfriend for Christmas. Sports Authority was having an awesome sale providing a 25% off discount store wide online for one day. I went online and saw the rangefinder was available but decided to purchase when I got home. Of course by the time I looked online that evening, the product was nowhere to be found. Odd that a high end product would disappear while such a significant discount was being promoted. I decided to go in-store and see if they could find it online as it was significantly cheaper to purchase online and get the discount rather in-store. The employee looked online and couldn't find it himself either. However, he did say if I had purchased by 12/19, I would get guaranteed delivery by Christmas. The next day, the online discount had dropped to 15%. Of course, now the rangefinder was showing online again. I called customer service and let them know i was trying to buy the rangefinder the previous day and they honored the 25% off by refunding me the difference after I purchased the product.

Shortly after purchase, I received an email with my order number and an estimated delivery date for some time in January. At this point, I'm furious because after jumping through loops to purchase the product, it was now not going to show up prior to the holiday. I called the customer service call center several times and no one could help me or even tell me when the product would be shipped. A few days passed and I called again. The representative said she would notify the warehouse to ship the product and they would ship it out on 12/31. Here we are on 1/2/15, I call customer service again and they are telling me the product still hasn't been shipped. No notification to me letting me know or anything! I have to continue to follow up on a product I went out of my way to purchase through Sports Authority because they offered the best deal. For all that I've been through, I would have been better off going elsewhere! This has been my first experience shopping online with Sport Authority and I can't say I will recommend it to anyone. The people at the customer service call center have no idea what they're doing and offer little to no help. I even spoke to a supervisor who did absolutely nothing but tell me my product didn't ship yet which I was clearly already aware of, hence me calling!

Now, I have reached out to corporate with no avail. No one picks up the customer care line. I left a voicemail and no one has returned my phone call. It has been such a horrendous experience. Never again!

This review was modified by lwilson4 on January 02 2015 12:30:29 PM

"I received a gift card for sports authority and I found my items, went all the way to the checkout process, only to find at the very last stage of checkout that my gift card is not accepted online and I have to go to a store to use it. I have no interest in going to the store... what a waste. This is the first time I've ever received a gift card for a major company that can't be used on their website..."

"Don't let the cheap prices tempt you. At first I loved ordering from here. However I never loved the shipping time. It takes on average 8-10 days to receive your products. And just pray you never have to return it. I made my return on August 7th it's been almost a month still no refund. I've called they said it was issued my card company will hold it for a couple days okay that's fine I waited. Called my card company nothing was issued. Recalled sports authority the next representative says there's nothing on file stating that my returned item was received meaning they never issued a return. So I can wait another 2 days for a response from the new case they opened, well its been 4 days still nothing. "

This review was modified by chabaco9311 on September 05 2014 01:52:26 PM

"The manager of the Naples's store must be the Boss from Hell, especially if you are a woman. This manager somehow found out out I was unhappy with the service i received trying to purchase a pair of running shoes. He stalked me in store and found me on the way to p checkout ( I did not seek him out to complain). He then proceeded to let me know, for what seemed like eternity, about what a great coach he was. He stated I should share the specifics about my experience so he could help the employee. After I spilled the beans I immediately regretted saying anything about the first shoe sales associate that helped me, given the manager's puffed up opinion about himself and feared for the employee. I finished by saying everything turned out Ok and apologized for being a little gruff.. I couldn't believe his reply, " That's OK, my wife does the same to me". Hello, this is 2014' not 1955. This guy needs some serious HR help. I would not want to be a woman working in this place, and I will no linger shop there."

This review was modified by LoisG on February 13 2014 06:22:40 PM

"Thought I would get a great deal on some Under Armour hoodies. The items were marked as back-ordered, but I wasn’t in a rush to get them and willing to wait until they were back in stock. ONE WEEK later I get an email saying the order was cancelled. I have NEVER had a back-ordered item cancelled without notice before. If the items were advertised as close-out (discontinued line, etc) that’s a different story, but the hoodies were clearly marked as available for back-order.

Not only that, but Sports Authority’s customer service department doesn’t respond to their customers. Sent an email the same day I received the unwanted order cancellation, and a week later no reply.

Oh well, one less online store to shop at...

"Ordered a sale item, was told it was on backorder, and received an email saying that the sale was cancelled and that I would not be receiving my item.

I find this particularly distasteful because on the order form there was no option to opt-out of Sports Authority marketing email list- you know the equivalent of a weekly circular that shows up in your inbox every few days. Also, paypal was "not available for this promotion" so I had to use my credit card. I figured that they were running a good deal to beef up their email list and billing list since they were requiring email addresses and credit card info. I was willing to accept this trade of information for deep discounts.

When they cancelled the order they not only wasted my time but also all of my information for free. I will not forget this and will never order from sports authority again.

This review was modified by chrisj321 on February 02 2013 10:19:19 AM

"Bad bad and very bad, such a disappointing experience. Placed an order for a hoodie, and I was excited by this purchase, and got an email that it will be back order for 3 or 4 weeks (not a problem, it was a good deal). After 1 weeks, they cancelled my order"

"Very negative experience. I purchased a sale item, they oversold it and they cancelled it. Their screw up and they screw me. Do not shop at Sports Authority."

"Purchased 3 items for gifts (2 in one order, and 1 in a separate order). Both orders were subsequently canceled with no explanation as to why.

I am not big on buying items that are listed for sale, expecting to receive them, only to find out that they were canceled 7 days later. Most reputable merchants have their products to you before then, with Amazon products arriving in 1-2 days.

Needless to say, I will not waste my time attempting to purchase anything from this merchant in the future. Luckily, I didn't need the gifts until early February, so I have time to find replacement gifts.

"Fix your ordering and inventory system."

"Cancelled order without notification. Apparantely they are into bait and switch or whatever you want to call it. Advertise low prices and not fulfill them. They will charge your card right away though. Garbage company. No wonder I barely shop here.
Stay Away! Keep up the 1 star ratings Sports Authority! You earned that every one!

"Ordered a hoodie from their website, order went through fine, but the item was on back-order. They said it would be 3-4 weeks to receive the item. A week later they send another email, saying the shipment would be further delayed. Checked the order status online, only to find out they actually cancelled the order, without telling me, because they did not want to fulfill the order for the price they posted. Won't ever (attempt) to do business with them again. Could have ordered or purchased a different hoodie in the mean time, instead of waiting a week for them to get around to telling me they weren't going to fulfill my order."

"Horrible! Was on their e mail list, saw great sale price on an exercise bike. Sounded too good to be true, but...it's their sales flyer so it must be true right? WRONG! Customer service rep says they made a mistake and they may ship or just cancel order. About 2 weeks later got an e-mail that says I cancelled order! I know they say quantities can be limited but, the minute I saw the e-mail I ordered it...I can't see where millions of people got the email and also wanted that bike.Plus if a rep said they put the wrong price on the flyer, I think they should honor their mistakenly quoted price. Plus never got a call back as promised...and everything is always we will get back to you in 2-3 days! I won't bs stepping goof in another Sports Authority again!"

Share Sports Authority (Fogdog)'s store rating

Sports Authority (Fogdog) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Sports Authority (Fogdog) is not a merchant member
Sports Authority (Fogdog) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!