• The Perfumed Co

Product & services pricing Rating 5.71/10 5.71/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.14/10 7.14/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

"Ordered a decant of a vintage perfume. Took longer than any other perfume company to receive it!

When it finally arrived, the fragrance was completely rancid. They requested I send it back to them in order for the owner to do a "quality check" and decide whether or not it was rancid....uh, no...

it's their word against yours....I'm out $25 for 5 ml of garbage.

This review was modified by stan9 on June 08 2015 07:59:51 AM

"I have only ordered a few times, a little goes a long way with perfume. I was very pleased by the fast shipping and the care they packed its items with. I was ordering items I had not smelled and so it was a pot-luck with some being wonderful and some not(as in way too strong) I have found that I loved one and had my husband buy it for me for my birthday. He loves it too. They offer a very nice description of the perfumes so you get a chance to narrow down what you may like by the top, middle and base notes. I will continue to buy from The Perfumed Court."

This review was modified by cfern004 on May 23 2015 08:04:22 AM

"Ordered decants on 5/2. Got an email 5/6 stating:

"Orders that have started the decanting process cannot be canceled or changed. If, while decanting your order, we discover that a product is back-ordered, you will be notified via email."

So the decanting has started. What is that, some sort of cold fusion process where atoms are split and reassembled inside a mini Hadron Collider? Is that why it takes so long? The decanting has started, but they don't know if they will have a backorder or not. I tell you what, if you're able to decant something you don't even have then you should be selling magic, not perfume.

Order shipped on 5/11. Arrived 5/18. It took half a month.

I honestly would not know if I received a fake scent or not, but the two times I've ordered I have liked what I got.

This review was modified by JohnnyReno on May 19 2015 06:14:55 PM

"The Perfumed Court has always done a great job of getting my orders filled quickly, and they been helpful answering my questions. They are great!"

This review was modified by ScoopySpaniel on April 15 2015 06:19:59 PM

"I don't know why there are so many negative reviews. I regularly order from them (maybe 5-10 different decants every 1 or 2 months, usually when they have a sale), and I've never had any trouble. It does take about 2 weeks to receive an order, but I expect that for a bunch of decants. Any other decant site I've used has less selection or a higher price. I had one problem once where a discount code wasn't showing up, and customer service was very prompt in getting back to me using their ticket system. Maybe they've improved their system since the past, or maybe people only post to this site when they have a problem. Either way, I've had several good experiences with this site. "

"I just received my first order from The Perfumed Court. I purchased Aventus by Creed at 70% less than Saks Fifth Avenue's price. I love it! It's the "real thing"! I received my order with in 8 days. I'm so happy I found this company. "

This review was modified by Theresacouto on March 29 2015 04:01:39 AM

"I just received my order from the Perfumed Court, and all the items were authentic, correctly labeled and well-packaged items in the sizes ordered. I am happy to have had a positive experience as a first-time buyer, and will continue to order from them as long as I have experiences like this. I am just happy to be able to get my favorite scents in small amounts at a price I can afford!

I read the reviews here after my order and was a little concerned, but my experience has been good.

The Perfumed Court did NOT ask me to write a review.

"I ordered some of the aqua de parma frags as there are quite a few of them. I ordered one of each.... but they sent me 4 duplicates: fig de amalfi .... so I got 4 times the amount I wanted of one and they left off 3 of the ones that I did order. I had to take the viles out of the plastic to read the names on the vile and in so doing i "voided" the return possibility. The woman was more concerned about her sons bar mitzvah than my order..... I shant do business with them any more and I have done a lot in the past. Now I deal with twisted lilly and decantshop. Good folks."

This review was modified by Frankophille on December 02 2014 08:31:36 PM

"I usually do not have the time to write reviews, but this company deserves the effort and not in a good way. It is a shame that I did not read this ratings before placing an order. I ordered some perfume samples and almost a week later I receive an e-mail saying that one of the fragrances was out of stock. The choices were to replace it, to refund just the value of that fragrance or to wait until it came back in stock (no estimate of when that would happen) and then they would sent to me the whole order. I asked for a full refund and this is the e-mail I received:
"Your order is decanted and ready for shipment which is why we cannot issue a full refund. We can either replace the fragrance, put your order on hold or refund you $3.00 for the Jo Malone Amber & Lavender. We apologize for the inconvenience. We greatly appreciate your considerable patience and your patronage of The Perfumed Court. Have a fragrant day!"

It will not be a fragrant day, will it Perfumed Court, but rather a smelly one. After they take your money there is not much effort to solve your problem. I will never buy from them again.

This review was modified by Sonia_V on October 09 2014 04:15:34 PM

"Much like another reviewer, I've ordered before and had no problem. Recently, though I ordered a small vial of Faberge's "Tigress" which they had to "decant". What a joke. It isn't even remotely close to Tigress. I remember Tigress well, I wore it. So glad I ordered just a small amount because I'm tossing it. Smells like powder and nothing else."

This review was modified by xam15 on August 04 2014 08:43:07 PM

"For the record, I have been a customer of the Perfumed Court since 2007, give or take a year. I have spent a lot of money with them over the years, and until recently have had excellent experiences with my purchases. But my last two orders have been troubling - especially one I received today.
The previous order from a few months back was for a sample of Nasomatto Nuda. A week after the order was paid, I had received no order confirmation. After writing them, I received a reply some days later. Sorry, they said, we are out of stock on that item. We can send you a substitute that is similar or you can wait until we have a new supply. No offer of a refund. I had to send multiple emails before I finally received a refund. This was all troubling (who wants a substitute?... and, the Nuda was discontinued - there would be no "new supply"), but not the end of the world. I did get the refund.
Today's order is a different matter. I ordered .5ml Amouage Homage Attar. Pricey stuff. I have on hand Amouage Tribute, Al Shomoukh, and a small sample of the Homage. I know these products well, through years of use. I knew right away something was wrong - the pale yellow liquid was the consistency of water - like a regular perfume. But Homage is an attar - it is an oil, with a thick, slow-moving consistency. Not so the vial I received: (1) It is like water (2) It is pale yellow, where my original ample is thick orange (3) The scent is similar, but far less strong, and it does not last like the original sample.
It is clear to me that the Homage I received has been diluted with alcohol. I don't like losing the money on this, but much worse is the feeling of being cheated, of being led to believe I am buying a beautiful attar, and then getting a ghost.
I am sad to see Perfumed Court come to pieces like this, and will go elsewhere for samples in the future.

This review was modified by taken-for-a-ride on August 18 2014 08:16:40 AM

"Be prepared to wait 2-3 weeks to receive your order. This place is understaffed. The company split up and the other members now work at Surrender to Chance which has much better customer service and reasonable delivery times. The Perfumed Court used to be a great place to get samples but now it's very disappointing. "

This review was modified by drstrangeglove7 on July 01 2014 10:52:51 AM

""Dear -------,
Unfortunately, your order seems to be lost. In this case there is nothing we can do because you are an international customer and your order was too small for us to insure. I am very sorry. I wish I could do more to help you. Thank you for your understanding."

So basically I'm 30 dollars (not that small an amount) out of pocket, and that's my fault somehow. Do not buy from these scammers.

"I just received my order from The Perfumed Court and can't say I was disappointed in the fragrance of the three samples I ordered. They seem to smell the same as the original fragrances and, although not as strong, do seem to last a decent length of time. What I was disappointed in was the size! I should have thought about the size of milliliters before ordering. The vials and spray bottles are very small and when you calculate the price per ounce, you would pay less for the real thing! Not being a metric country, I think it is difficult for us to imagine the size of 1 ml. I believe The Perfumed Court is betting on this! If you want to "sample" a new perfume before spending a large sum of money then this place might be for you, but not if you are looking for a "great deal" on perfume. Besides, if you will ask at perfume counters in department stores most of them will be happy to give you the same small vial of the perfume you want to try for free in hopes of gaining a new customer."

This review was modified by SCri on June 23 2014 05:33:18 AM

"I had my doubts about this site to begin with because it does not look professional at all. I work as a journalist for an international news organization in Washington DC and I love perfumes, and seek out hard to find ones. I took a chance with TPC because they had scents I really wanted to try. Let me be PLAIN.....I NEVER RECEIVED MY ORDER. I'm still trying to figure out what to do, but most likely I will file a complaint with BBB and file a dispute with my bank over the charge. I recommend that others file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as well, or Stopfraud.gov for fraudulent companies selling...nothing? on the internet."

This review was modified by Ilonavon on June 10 2014 02:34:10 PM

Share The Perfumed Court's store rating

The Perfumed Court is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Perfumed Court is not a merchant member
The Perfumed Court does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!