• Rating 3.33/10 36 reviews

The Perfumed Court is not a merchant member
    The Perfumed Court does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • The Perfumed Court contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

chronicbuyer's Avatar
Down Under

"I am very puzzled by these negative reviews- I bought from The Perfumed Court for the first time recently, and had no problems at all. The items were packed and shipped in a fairly timely manner, and tracking was provided (I'm an international buyer). The samples came to me packaged well- absolutely no broken vials, and they got my order correct. I doubt anything I have purchased has been watered down since one of the samples has lasted hours after I washed it off my wrist. I bought from TPC before reading the reviews here and I was honestly terrified that something might go wrong, but look how it turned out!

I guess the only negative is that the prices are extremely high, but that's only to be expected.

I placed another order again today. If that one goes wrong at all, I'll return and review. P.S. I haven't been paid by The Perfumed Court to write this review. I'm just an ordinary first-time buyer who was anxious about my transaction and came out completely unscathed!

modified review This review was modified by chronicbuyer on April 02 2014 11:07:17 AM

"I ordered a 1.5ml of L Wren Scott perfume. I was surprised that they said they had tons of this item in stock. When I received the order I opened the package and found a cheap bottle looking nothing like the original perfume bottle and the scent smelled just as cheap I am out $80.00. Naturally, I called an no answer so I left them an email. I should of read the reviews before I purchased this item...Folks, they are a rip-off.

For those out there that have written positive reviews your full of crap.

modified review This review was modified by drchristna on March 24 2014 05:22:03 PM

"I am getting ready to place another order with the Perfumed Court. Over the years I have ordered various fragrances and sizes and have always received the correct order. My recent order was a bit slow (very slow) however, customer service did everything possible to rectify it. I will continue to use them as I love being able to test a fragrance and the prices are reasonable.
No, The Perfumed Court DID NOT ask me to write this review.

modified review This review was modified by IvyChanel on January 03 2014 06:18:16 AM

"I don't usually write bad reviews, but my experience with The Perfumed Court was absolutely dismal. The customer service was disgusting to say the least and the amount of times I received the wrong scent or half filled vials can not be counted on my hands. I would not recommend this shop at all, please find some where else to buy perfume!"

modified review This review was modified by laurahalberg on November 29 2013 06:43:02 AM

"I had a very bad experience with this shop. I ordered four decants, one of them smelled very strange, it was by no means the authentic fragrance( a perfume from Amouage) but a totally different scent. I wrote to the customer service and got an unfriendly mail, they were not wiling to compensate me for this scent which was something else than the well- known perfume I ordered.
Even one of the three other decants smelled a bit strange, very weak, with strange headnotes.

I order decants on a regular basis, at other stores and have never had such an unpleasant experience and such an unfriendly customer service.

I will never order again fom this site. No, thanks.

modified review This review was modified by Jenta on October 21 2013 01:14:29 PM

"This place is a total joke!!!!! The fragrances are imitation and junk. They smell watered down and cheap. I voiced my concerns to Tisha and she blows you off.....tells you are authentic. DO not buy from here if you want authentic fragrance and the customer service is nonexistent! SCAM!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by islandgirl97 on July 24 2013 10:08:15 PM

"Scam Artist!!! I ordered my favorite Tokyo Milk perfume, what they sent me was not even close. Not only did it not smell right but I was allergic to it, rash, sneezing and water eyes. I contacted them and didn't hear back, so I contacted Tokyo Milk. According to Tokyo Milk this company is not an authorized reseller of their products. That means that the perfumes The Perfumed Court sold me are fraudulent. Two weeks after my first email to The Perfumed Court I requested
a full refund, including what I learned from Tokyo Milk. Then all of a sudden Tisha was writing and calling me because she wanted for me to send the product back, too late I had already sent it to Tokyo Milk so they can use it as evidence of your fraud. I have also reported them to the Better Business Bureau.

I have placed many, many orders with The Perfumed Court (14 since about 2007). My orders have included mini sizes produced by the manufacturers and decants. I can't recall experiencing any problems with my orders (save for an evaporation issue with some vials, which I don't believe they use anymore). My last order was a little slow to ship but everything arrived within about three weeks of my order, carefully packaged as usual. I have never had any cause to believe that their product is anything other than genuine and unadulterated perfume - I have frequently purchased decants of fragrances I have previously tried or conversely purchased a full bottle from an authorised retailer after sampling from TPC and can confirm that everything I have received from TPC has been as expected. It should be borne in mind that formulas change before anyone suggests that a fragrance they are familiar with doesn't smell as it should.
I note that a number of the reviews below are similar in tone and style and, on the basis of the good service I have received over the years, I suspect that a number are authored by the same individual. The forums at Basenotes are a useful place to look for information about trusted decant services.

"I have never had a problem with this company. I have used it probably four different times and received satisfactory service and products. Was shocked to see all the negative review and wonder if they are for real or if something recently has changed. The company i see in these reviews is definitely not the company i have used with success many times (4) in the past"

"I hate being treated like I'm stupid. I run an online store, so I know very well that giving someone a shipping number that shows no activity at all does not mean it has shipped. It just means that you printed out a label. Trying to fool me into thinking it is the post office that's running slow won't work. Don't lie when I ask if you even have it in stock, and tell me you decanted it and it's being shipped. No, you don't, and no, it isn't. As a bonus, their customer service is pathetic. All around rude people who can't run a business."

"This company is 100% illegal. It is illegal to ship perfume through the mail. The owner of this company does not even have a business license. She is willing to do anything to promote her business including lying, cheating, and stealing to get by. Any positive reviews on this website are from the owner herself. She will stop short of nothing to make sure she stays in business. When dealing with this company be very careful because she will also ask the customer to lie about what is being shipped if you need to make a return."

"I had previously posted a negative review on this company because I thought I'd received an incomplete order. After corresponding with them I realized it was my error. A backlogged portion of my order actually shipped along with the original order, and it was so securely packed (very nice job on securely and attractively packing their product) I thought it was part of the initial order (which was a gift) and completely overlooked it. In short, nice selection, extremely (lol) good packaging, everything I expected and then some."

modified review This review was modified by MarkusOReilly on December 03 2012 01:07:50 PM

"I placed an order with them and when I did the site gave me an error message. I assumed the order did not go through, maybe something wrong with my credit card, so I used another one. Same thing happened. I contacted them about it, no reply, but when I went to my email later that day there were two different confirmations of my order. I quickly emailed them to tell them that I didn't want two orders, that I only wanted one. Never heard a word from them. I did check both credit cards and both charges are on the credit cards. I have not yet had a reply. That was on October 24th. Two weeks no reply."

"Its been a month ans still no items. Perfumed court has ignored all emails and I am now forced to file a dispute. Unprofessional sleezbags"

"This is my first time ordering from The Perfumed Court. Upon ordering, I received no e-mail confirmation whatsoever. The order was made 9/25 and was not shipped until 10/10. That's OUTRAGEOUS. I found some tiny print on their website stating that each order is hand picked/filled, but some sort of warning or notification that orders would take 2 weeks to fill would have been nice. I'll never do business here again, that kind of wait time without prior notice, and without any order confirmation isn't ethical for online business."