"-This is an update from a post about 5 pages back. This is the update that I completely forgot to add.

Well, I finally got the second stick after 2 weeks and once again, it was junk. I took this stick to my local computer store and had it tested, guess what, it's junk. Of course, I am not surprised after reading some of the articles on the internet about this company being just one of several names for a business that is supposedly dealing in "shady" business practices. I'm not sure if it's true, but it does make you wonder when you can't get a product that works, can't get any customer service, and then get a 512 stick of ram, that posts as 256 and causes your computer to crash.

modified review This review was modified by Madstrom on November 10 2002 11:57:12 AM

"I have opened police report and have an ongoing investigation. PLEASE email all your complaints and orders to usepost2000@yahoo.com. I promise to do everything to get your money back!

This is their new explaination. They were 'bought' out. TOo bad the information I have submitted has been USEFUL and they are in trouble.

No Service, No support, Defective Fraudulent Products, AKA Central COmputers, OCZTech, Read Below:

This company advertised pc2700 memory which would only run stable at pc1600 cas2.5. Would not return messages and had only advertised a long distance number for support. No email was replied to (send more than 30 over the course of weeks), and no attempts have been made on their behalf to right the situation. I will list the following contact information for them since I have done quite a bit of digging for this. www.webuildpcs.com AKA: www.ocztech.com www.central-computers.com www.athlonoc.com www.abilitycomputers.com www.theoverclockerzstore.com ...amost others..they are doing business under the umbrella of CenCom which stands for Central Computers. There are two address I have come up with for sure: Cen Com, Inc 3287 Willowcreek Rd Portage, IN 46368 and: CENTRAL COMPUTERS 6335 ROBINS ROAD PORTAGE, IN 46368 They have the following webmaster: Eric Hull Who may be reached at: eric@webuildpcs.com They list the following phone numbers: Phone: 219.764.3366 Fax 219.764.0173 BUT I HAVE FOUND A TOLL FREE NUMBER: 1-866-755-1766 The better business bureau of NW Indian can be found here: http://www.nwin.bbb.org/ And their local Police and detective bureau is here: http://www.ci.portage.in.us/police/detective_bureau.htm And aparently you can lease THEIR OFFICE LOCATION here: http://www.portageindianachamber.com/ecodev.phtml (3287 Willowcreek Rd) - CHECK IT OUT. i CAN BE REACHED AT USEPOST2000@YAHOO.COM FOR FURTHER COMPLAINTS. I WILL BE REGISTERING THIS WITH THE INDIANA ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/

GoodAdvise

comments posted: 0
user type: professional

"The worst company I have ever made a purchase from. Oh I got the Voodoo5 5500 from them finally, like two months later. On top of this, they lap their heatsinks for hardware sites to review, but don't lap the ones they sell to their customers. They are VERY dishonest people. Only those who post below, and above, saying they would buy again are those who have actually been lucky. When it all comes down, customers should NOT be lucky to get their products. They are a company that makes the USA look bad!"

"No Service, No support, Defective Fraudulent Products, AKA Central COmputers, OCZTech, WEbuildPCS, Read Below:

"Ordered some heat sinks from them. No problem. Got shipping tracking number and all. Good guys to me."

"Have these guys gone out of business: web site down for about two weeks?"

"I ordered a barebones system from OCZ and the shipping was horrible! It took almost a month before it finally arrived. I even sent daily e-mails and called their customer service (long distance) and never got replies. However, since it has been shipped, it has been running perfectly and I am happy with the product, but not the service."

Wichita Falls TX

"These guys were great to deal with. I ordered a power supply, 256 MB of PC-2400, a copper shim, and a heatsink. My order arrived within a week of placement. Their website lets you track the status of your order, which I found very handy. Everything worked perfectly when it arrived. I have the PC-2400 running at its rated 150 mhz FSB without a problem."

"Company does not notify you when items are placed on backorder. On hold waits for Support have been longer than 3 hours."

The Overclockerz Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Overclockerz Store is not a merchant member
The Overclockerz Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!