• Rating 7.50/10 5 reviews

The Lake Erie Trading Post is not a merchant member
    The Lake Erie Trading Post does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • The Lake Erie Trading Post contact information

"It was my first time ordering from LETP. I was leery of ordering with some of the reviews I had read. I called LETP prior to ordering online to find out if the repair panels were in stock or not. I was informed that the panels I was looking for were a common item and he was certain stock would not be an issue but he could not tell me until the order was placed. I was told that I would receive a call about 30 minutes after the parts were ordered if they were not in stock, or if there were any issues with the order. I placed the order and heard nothing from LETP. The next day I sent an email requesting a ship date. The email was responded to within 15 minutes explaining that it takes 24 hours for the warehouse to process the orders, after that they would hit shipping and most likely be shipped out that day. I was also told that I should receive a tracking number when the shipment is made. I never received the tracking numbers but the panels were on my front porch two days later. Less than one week from the time I ordered until the parts were delivered at a fraction of some of the competitors shipping rates. The panels look first class. I would highly recommend LEPT to anyone who is looking for a good product at a fair price. I would most certainly use this company again. "

"Everything was great. Price and speed couldn't be beat. I know others who've used fixmyrust.com with similar results. If someone says anything drastically different, they may be an ex-girlfriend or something causing trouble."

"Worst service yet! Does not answer phone, does not answer emails, does not own up to their mistakes and no sense of professionalism. I will NEVER deal with this company again and I recommend no one else to go through their bs."

"I've ordered parts from fixmyrust.com several times and I've always received good parts pretty quickly. It's a good deal."

"I ordered an aftermarket rocker panel from Lake Erie Trading Post on January 21st, 2010. The price was very reasonable. On February 2nd, the panel showed up, but it was the incorrect panel (I ordered a panel for a 2 door, they sent me one for a 4 door).

After an email on February 3rd, they agreed to send me a shipping label to return the incorrect panel, and shipped me a new panel. The new panel arrived February 15th and was correct this time. It appears to be exactly what I was expecting and I am very pleased.

I will say that I did find communication to be difficult. Lake Erie Trading Post is supposedly a very small business and they don't staff someone to sit by the phones at all times. They also have a live chat on their website, but they usually don't have an operator on there either. This forces you to rely primarily on email communication. Unfortunately, email response time can vary, but it's seems to usually take around a day for them to get back to you.

Ultimately, though - while communication may not have been trivial, they were able to respond to my issue and work everything out. It's great when you have a transaction that goes perfectly, you pay and your item arrives exactly as described, but it's when something goes wrong that is the test of a seller, and Lake Erie Trading Post passed this and was able to resolve the situation satisfactorily.