• The Lake Erie T

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

RWP

"My impression of this e-business is it's a one person store front drop shipper with serious personal issues. Sometimes he'll apparently provide good service (according to past reviews here) and other times fall off the face of the earth for a while and screw a bunch of customers. Just my luck that I ordered when he was in la-la land mode...

So I placed an order for some rust repair panels from their FixMyRust.com subsidiary 6 days ago. The order summary stated an order confirmation email would be sent in a few minutes, but nothing was ever received. My debit card was charged right away, though.

Then I noticed there was no website link to check the order status/progress, nor was there a business address. Not a good sign…

Waited a few days to see if they'd get their act together but heard nothing. 2 days ago I sent them an email via their website's contact service warning them I'd file for fund reversal through my bank if they didn't get in touch with me and favorably resolve this issue within 24 hours by having the ordered items in the shipper's possession, w/ a valid tracking number to prove it. No response was received, but I wasn't surprised.

A couple of hours ago I called the only phone number listed on their website and was treated to a very professional sounding automated operator stating "my call would be answered promptly in the order it was received". This message repeated every 45 seconds or so for about 5 minutes until it abruptly changed to "please leave a message" -- then it hung up on me before I could say anything.

Enough is enough. The owner of this business sure goes through elaborate efforts to make the website look professional and reputable, from the checkout process to the phony automated operator making it sound like they had a whole department of operators handling a high volume of calls. The order number I received was nothing more than the numeric year/month/day followed by what I assume was the sequence number of my order that day -- 23. Doesn't sound like a high volume of business to me... if that number is even to be believed.

Sure am glad I made screen grabs of the completed order and email I sent them or I'd have no proof to base my case upon. My bank liked that too and it sped up the process of filing a claim against them. It will take up to 10 days before I get my money back but at least they didn't succeed in stealing from me.

My advice to everyone is to stay away from this thief and never assume a professional appearing e-commerce business is legitimate.

"As everyone said, the worst possible customer service and communication there evere was, first go around with them , all went good, second time after 2 and 1/2 months waiting on part and never calling me back , they finally refunded my money as they said they couldn't find part,. decent quality, but customer service should be number 1"

modified review This review was modified by guysrus on August 10 2014 02:02:24 PM

"Buyer Beware! Though some have received decent service from this outfit, the majority of the reviews are poor with extremely slow shipping. My experience....

I placed an order on Thursday, tried to call the number listed many times on Friday to cancel the order without success. The number appeares to be bogus. Emailed support and was told I could not cancel the order due to a Saturday shipment. After the initial response, I was harassed via email. (Have proof). Was refused tracking to prove shipment took place. Saturday shipments are very rare and with refusal of tracking I am led to believe this item never shipped and the seller simply does not want to issue a refund.

After many unsuccessful emails trying to obtain tracking / resolve issues, Ive opened a dispute and also contacted the BBB. Very unprofessional company. Not customer oriented and will not respond once they get your money!

modified review This review was modified by bones78 on May 06 2014 06:02:37 AM

"Worst company I have ever had to deal with.. Cheap prices but when they take your money, don't send the part and don't respond to emails or answer there phones.. No thanks.. Filing complaint with the BBB and going through my credit card to get my money back.

Don't waste your time

modified review This review was modified by SinisterDips on May 05 2014 05:07:12 AM

"It was my first time ordering from LETP. I was leery of ordering with some of the reviews I had read. I called LETP prior to ordering online to find out if the repair panels were in stock or not. I was informed that the panels I was looking for were a common item and he was certain stock would not be an issue but he could not tell me until the order was placed. I was told that I would receive a call about 30 minutes after the parts were ordered if they were not in stock, or if there were any issues with the order. I placed the order and heard nothing from LETP. The next day I sent an email requesting a ship date. The email was responded to within 15 minutes explaining that it takes 24 hours for the warehouse to process the orders, after that they would hit shipping and most likely be shipped out that day. I was also told that I should receive a tracking number when the shipment is made. I never received the tracking numbers but the panels were on my front porch two days later. Less than one week from the time I ordered until the parts were delivered at a fraction of some of the competitors shipping rates. The panels look first class. I would highly recommend LEPT to anyone who is looking for a good product at a fair price. I would most certainly use this company again. "

"Everything was great. Price and speed couldn't be beat. I know others who've used fixmyrust.com with similar results. If someone says anything drastically different, they may be an ex-girlfriend or something causing trouble."

"Worst service yet! Does not answer phone, does not answer emails, does not own up to their mistakes and no sense of professionalism. I will NEVER deal with this company again and I recommend no one else to go through their bs."

"I've ordered parts from fixmyrust.com several times and I've always received good parts pretty quickly. It's a good deal."

"I ordered an aftermarket rocker panel from Lake Erie Trading Post on January 21st, 2010. The price was very reasonable. On February 2nd, the panel showed up, but it was the incorrect panel (I ordered a panel for a 2 door, they sent me one for a 4 door).

After an email on February 3rd, they agreed to send me a shipping label to return the incorrect panel, and shipped me a new panel. The new panel arrived February 15th and was correct this time. It appears to be exactly what I was expecting and I am very pleased.

I will say that I did find communication to be difficult. Lake Erie Trading Post is supposedly a very small business and they don't staff someone to sit by the phones at all times. They also have a live chat on their website, but they usually don't have an operator on there either. This forces you to rely primarily on email communication. Unfortunately, email response time can vary, but it's seems to usually take around a day for them to get back to you.

Ultimately, though - while communication may not have been trivial, they were able to respond to my issue and work everything out. It's great when you have a transaction that goes perfectly, you pay and your item arrives exactly as described, but it's when something goes wrong that is the test of a seller, and Lake Erie Trading Post passed this and was able to resolve the situation satisfactorily.

Share The Lake Erie Trading Post's store rating

The Lake Erie Trading Post is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Lake Erie Trading Post is not a merchant member
The Lake Erie Trading Post does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!