The Ink Place Reviews - inkproducts.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 6.67/10 36 reviews

The Ink Place is not a merchant member
The Ink Place does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"A very pleased customer from your "how to videos",your product selections, but most of all to your support on resolving an ink cartridge issue. Great help desk support giving suggestions on trouble shooting to the actual determination that a replacement was needed. Finally the quick delivery was also an added bonus. "

"Crap Customer Service - Substandard products

I purchased a (CIS)continuous ink system for one of my Epson printers and refillable cartridge system for another. Six weeks after installing the system the black print head started to clog and progressively got worse. I went to my back-up Epson when cleaning efforts failed. That black print head was also clogged and couldn't be cleaned. Their web site says "clog free guaranteed." I contacted them via the webpage and asked for the details of their "guarantee," and briefly described my problem. I inquired about ink compatibility across the Epson line. Their answer:
"our inks do no clog but the Epson print heads can dry out causing that problem if the are stored and not used. Epson printer must be used almost every day or at leased run some print head cleanings."
Two supplemental emails went unanswered. Apparently the clog free guarantee is nothing but a marketing ploy to suck you in. It is totally unsubstantiated. Customer service? NOT!

modified review This review was modified by brianriese on March 23 2014 02:00:03 AM

"Very satisfied with Tom and the crew at The Ink Place. I bought refill syringes and a chip resetter for an EPSON WP-4020. I refilled the black ink according to their directions and my printer didn't recognize the cartridge. Tom talked me through the steps, taking time to analyze each one until we discovered the issue (misaligned pin). The products save me a lot in ink costs and the customer service is exactly what I needed to solve a problem."

modified review This review was modified by GetFresh484 on December 30 2013 12:32:13 PM

"I LOVE TOM !!!! InkProducts.com is INK HEAVEN !!! Honestly, I love everything about InkProducts.com :) they handled my orders, questions, issues, and curiosity ssssssssssooooooooooooo professionally and friendly !!! I had originally placed an oder for a CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) for my Epson Workforce printer. Within 2 hours, I got a phone call FROM TOM :) who took the time to 'hold my hand' & 'walk me' through the differences between the CISS and the refill kits. The CISS was more money; but, as he was kind enough to explain; for my particular printer, the CISS has a tendency to wear on the Epson print head, which on my particular model, was a bit weaker; vs. other Workforce models. He of course would be happy to ship the CISS I ordered,(w/that in mind) ; or, ship the more suitably conducive refills (less money). I went with his suggestion of the refill kit, and I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER !!!! I watched his 'How To' video , then carefully filled up the cartridges... THEY WORK SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING WELL !!! I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER :) I had a small issue with my Cyan cartridge, explained it to Tom, and he took care of it!!! Talk about AMAZING customer service... I am a CUSTOMER for LIFE :) After showing my dad how this works, he ordered the same printer, and now I am ordering him the Epson Ultimate Refill Kit; as well. In today;s day and age, InkProducts (particularly Tom) works hard to keep SERVICE in "Customer Service "; and are a true gem ! I will not look anywhere else for ink , cartridges, or refills.... InkProducts.com IS INK HEAVEN :)"

modified review This review was modified by PurpleSerenity on August 08 2013 12:56:37 PM

"SCAM ALERT!!: I bought the refillable cartridges from inkproducts.com for $80. The system went right on my printer no problem and I was excited about saving money on ink. The directions you get appear to have been written by a 3rd grader so you will have a little figuring to do. I printed my first photo and noticed that the black ink turned purple on the picture. I did 20 more all with the same result. I called Tom who said he had no idea what was wrong and that maybe I should return the kit. Here is where the SCAM kicks in. You can return the kit if it doesnt work but you cant return the ink! This way Tom will get 50% of every deal he makes no matter if it is returned or not. If I buy the kit and it doesnt work I should be able to return ALL of it. Why would I keep the ink? You cant test the kit without opening the ink!! Tom will tell you that his system does not work for everyone. I felt it was worth the risk as the theory of it was wonderful! It didnt work for me. I was dissappointed but thats how it goes sometimes. But I cant return the ink? And to make matters worse he has the ink I bought from my return! And then add his 30% restocking fee!! This guy is a scam artist! If the system somehow works on your printer you'll be safe. If it doesnt and you need to return it you are screwed! Shame on this man ...."

modified review This review was modified by Hpotter on July 24 2013 09:13:13 AM

"I purchased a Deluxe Ink Refill kit for a WF3540 Epson printer, after endless research for a co.
who seemed on top of the compatible ink replacement situation...so many fly-by-night outfits out there. What sold me on inkproducts.com was there detailed video instructions, and that they paid attention to, and adjusted to the changes the printer companies make to try and keep you from using 3rd market products. And that the inks used were matched up with OEM products...a must to keep from clogging printheads..etc.

I received the kit, and having never done this before, paid strict attention to the excellently detailed written instructions. Everything worked exactly as spelled out, and installation was
flawless. My printer is "happy" with the refilled cartridges, and I'm on my way to saving a bunch
of money in the future.

What sets inkproducts.com apart I feel is that they don't put out cookie cutter products. Each one is well thought out and tested to match each printer product line. They actually CARE that
it works correctly. The inkjet replacement industry is pretty brutal, with a lot of flimflam outfits
out there attracting you with low prices. The crew at inkproducts.com truly take pride in what they put out, and bust their rear ends testing and developing their products. Their problem is that no matter how well they do, they are depending on their customers to FOLLOW the instructions correctly....the X factor, and probably why they get some negative reviews. As far as I am concerned, they are the best out there. I highly recommend giving them a try.

"This review is being written 14 months after purchase and installation of the continuous ink supply system for a Canon MX882 printer. After 3 design related failures – one of which caused a messy internal ink spill – and oft reported poor customer service, this product is removed from my printer.

The system worked flawlessly for the first weeks. That’s when the first design failure caused two cartridges to quit printing. InkProducts.Com acknowledged the problem to me in an email, and we agreed on a workaround. Then after 11 months of operation, a hole was worn in the yellow hose. The product design and mounting during installation makes this mid-life failure inevitable. The company refused to work with me on a solution.

No warranty, poor customer service, multiple design flaws….buyer beware. The continuous ink supply system from InkProducts.com is a poor return on investment. One could purchase multiple aftermarket cartridges for less money than the 11 months of troublesome operation received from this product. And if “time is money”, this product was an extraordinarily poor choice.

Anyone wishing a more complete version of my problems is invited here www.djhome.net/tips/TheInkPlace.htm

"I ordered CIS system for my HP 8600 plus (SKU411) from inkproducts.com. I was waiting for my HP cartridges to be depleted before installing the CIS system. After initial installation, it worked. The next day, the printer complained about the cartridges so I called tech support at inkproducts.com. With their instructions, I managed to fool the printer to always think the cartridge is full. The printer printed a few pages then the printouts appeared light as if cartridge is low. I called tech support again. They instructed me to prime the lines (clear lines of air). I cleared the cartridge as instructed but the ink cartridges just became empty instead of drawing new ink from the reservoirs. inkproducts instructed me to send it back with RMA. After sending it back, they claimed the unit leaked all over and became damaged so they cannot offer a replacement. $140 down the drain because they originally sent me a defective unit. This is a bad business that does not care about its customers. Stay away.

modified review This review was modified by fongyang on January 25 2013 09:23:33 PM

"It took me only 10 minutes to install my new continuous ink system and it worked perfectly. Still works perfectly after over 200 prints. One problem was that is was not well packed and got here broken had to ship back and have them replace it. But I still Love it! And here is why I love it so much:
I first bought from SuperToBuy.com and installed the continuous ink system and after 3 months of trying everything I can think of and speaking with Jason (from supertobuy)5 times, I/we can not get the thing work correctly. Sucks! And what a messy job! Only the black works right. Last call to Jason, he said that my brand new printer is the problem! And that I must need a new printer head!!! Best thing he would offer me is a 10% off another CIS system???? What, he just said it was my printer that was not working!!!
UPDATE... I gave up and bought another CIS system from inkproducts.com, and now I'm happy

"Ordered a Continuous Ink Supply system from Ink Products for my HP 5510 Photosmart Printer. The order arrived in just a couple of days by Priority Parcel Post. The unit easily installed and worked several tests including head cleaning and a print quality check. Everything looked beautiful. As soon as I tried to print from my computer I got a cartridges missing or damaged report. I contacted Ink Products and after some suggested checks they sent me a new set of cartridges. I installed these and tested them with my computer in the USB mode (wireless turned off). Everything OK. Tried in the wireless mode and still OK.
The people at Ink Products are very easy to talk to and were patient while I tried the suggested test they recommended. Even though I had a problem they successfully got me up and running in short order. I would definitely recommend them.

"Inkproducts.com tech support is my new best friend.
I initially planned to buy a CIS for a different, slightly cheaper place, but the reviews were so bad (poor to no tech support)that I ultimately chose Inkproducts.com because of good reviews. I wasn't disappointed.
I bought a CIS for my Officejet Pro 8600. Unfortunately I waited until my HP cartridges were out of ink, and that creates some sort of technical glitch that prevents the system from working. But Tom, from Tech Support, worked with me tirelessly--even when the office was closed, even scheduling a weekend hour around my schedule--because it was important to HIM that we get this glitch fixed. The company was willing to provide a refund it it ultimately did not work. Without going into technical details, suffice it to say that the problem was related to HP's computer chips in their attempt to force the consumer to buy their expensive cartridges, but Tom solved my problem, and now I'm in love with inkproducts.com. (Sorry Tom, my husband would not be happy if I said I was in love with YOU).

With something like a CIS, where glitches are very common, you definitely want a company that would stand by their product and offer tech support. This company is the one.

Rachelle, New Jersey
PS. I was NOT asked to write a review.

"Purchased the Deluxe Refill Kit for Canon MG5320 and could not be more satisfied.

- Pricing was very low.
- Shipped next day. Packed very well.
- Free shipping with minimum $75 purchase.
- The kit worked perfectly.
- Clear and easy to follow instructions.
- An awesome video showed step by step directions.
- Excellent customer service.

"I recently got a continuous ink system from inkproducts.com. The ink prints just as nicely as HP’s own, and at a fraction of the cost. But what’s amazing is that the owners (it’s a family business) went way beyond what anyone could expect in the way of customer service. They know everything there is to know about printers, and took the time to help me with every aspect of installing their system. Do not be afraid of the installation process, and don’t hesitate to phone them.
I bought one from another company and it turn out to be a nightmare. Don't believe all that your read.
They are the best!
TD

"I received my continuous system for the Canon MX 882 and a was very impressed by the quality of the product. I was able to install the system easily with the supplied instructioncs and after a couple of cleanings it was printing flawlessly. The prints look great and I am saving a ton of money in ink costs. I couldt't be happier with the product or there customer service. I don't usually comment on products but I have been so pleased with this I wanted to let others know.

Keep up the great job!!!

Yeimaru Nery

"Disappointing experience with inkproducts.com and I can't recommend them. I ordered an Epson CIS. From the defining it had problems and I had multiple calls to support. They finally conceded it was an issue with a defective valve and offered to replace it. I took a while to return the product and when I did I had no response. Now a month later from them receiving the return, they said my RMA had expired and I can pay $50 to replace the ink and shipping. I don't care to invest an additional $50 in a product that I don't know will work since mine never worked well."