Stores > The Ink Place

Product & services pricing Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"You folks are geniuses!! IT WORKS ..... and the very first time! Hooray! After a year and a half of pain and anguish with three other company's CIS System - not to mention my third Epson in the same time frame - this is WONDERFUL! I had so much extra ink. I stuck with the Epson XP420 because we are full-time RV wanderers and its the only printer with all the functions that fits the space we have. THANK YOU and I'll be back for supplies as needed. I appreciate the Good clear instructions,too. A very happy and will buy again"

This review was modified by CoryAcer on November 26 2015 12:44:09 PM

"Save your time, money and frustration and do not buy from this company.

I bought a continuous ink system from Inkproducts.com over a year ago and it's been a headache ever since. When I received the initial system as soon as I took it out of the package there was ink leaking from the bulk tank even though there was no apparent shipping damage. When I called the company I received the 3rd degree. They treated me like it was my fault. They did mail me a new system but this time when I received it, after I hooked it up I couldn't get 1 of the cartridges to hook into the printer correctly. When I'd put my original cartridge in place it worked fine but when I'd switch to the new ciss cartridge it still would't hold in place. All kinds of ink leaking out and a huge mess. Called the company again and according to them again it must be something I was doing wrong :( They mailed mailed me a new cartridge and all was great for about 6 months. When I went to refill/prime 1 of the color cartidges it wouldn't fill/prime. Called to see if I could just buy a new cartridge to replace it. The tech that I talked to was very nice and sent me a whole new set of cartridges, which was great but when I went to use them none of the chips were the correct ones. They did send along new chips for me to replace and I did but I never could get my printer to recognize the proper ink levels and started getting all kinds of error messages, etc. Finally put in my original cartridges and could at least print then even through the error messages. Called InkProducts to ask them how to get everything to reset. Was told I would receive a call back. After 1 week and no call I called again. By that time and a lot of searching on the internet I had found how to bypass the error messages to get it to print and was using the new cartridges, however by then the same color that I had problems with before started acting up again. It was apparent that the hose of that color was clogged. When I called again and asked how to get the clog out or could I buy new tubing I was told that I couldn't just buy the tubing but that a tech would call me to talk to me about the clog...which they just couldn't believe it was anything due to their product but that maybe I didn't know how to prime it correctly :((((( After a week and a half and no call back I gave up on this company. Was the final straw. Kicking myself that I didn't push to get a full refund at the very beginning when they shipped me a defective system. I know accidents happen and thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt and try to work through it. Right....$140 bucks wasted not to mention the clothes, paper and time cleaning ink off everything. I've refilled my own cartridges for many years before buying this system and NEVER had clothes ruined, ink everywhere like this.

"I never write reviews, but I just had to this time.... I will say that after years of spending money on ink cartridges, and I've tried quite a few off brands....this is BY FAR, THE BEST COMPANY I have ever dealt with. I had a few reservations, but thankfully I decided to try it. I purchased cartridges for my sons printer....(he is a broke college student)! I also purchased an auto fill system for my business! I When I tried to assemble it, I wasn't quite sure but after speaking with this older gentleman he walked me through it. Bottom line, if people really read the instructions ( they are very detailed) they will have no problems and my ink system has been up and running ! I am saving money and I am impressed by the quality and the customer service. I will be referring my colleagues as well!!

This review was modified by Des6886 on September 16 2015 02:14:23 PM

"Took a chance even after reading some poor reviews here since their site seemed to show they were knowledgeable with ink refills. Ordered a ink refill kit and it shipped quickly, but what I received was not was I ordered. I've emailed them and called repeatedly (during their crazy office hours) to try and resolve this and can't get a hold of anyone! Now having to deal with the headache of trying to get a full refund. Poor quality control from some one-man operation shop. No excuse for this mess. I should have just skipped over InkProducts.com based on their overall rating here. I do NOT recommend this company! Horrible customer service! Buy at your own risk."

"I was frankly skeptical when researching a CISS for my new Epson WF 3640. I was concerned about leakage, installation, ongoing issues, and what kind of support i would get. I looked at a few online, and settled for Inkproducts.com. I am so glad i did.

I received the system last week, and it took about 30 - 40 mins to install. As it says on the video I TOOK MY TIME. Once i got it installed properly, it worked like a charm, as if the printer came with it. Smooth as silk. I promptly printed 100 letters and envelopes, a few photos, etc. This thing just works great. The video is very detailed, the instructions are very detailed.

Customer service was wonderful when i called to inquire when the order was backordered at first. They said it would take a few extra days, and they were right on the money. Jamie coulnd't have been nicer.

Thank you Inkproducts.com. I will take the extra $$$ i am now saving on ink and take my wife out to dinner.

"BUYER BEWARE!!! inkproducts.com is a poor excuse for a business. I called on the phone to talk with them and bought my printer based on their recommendations for the most compatible printer with the continuous ink system. I had nothing but problems with this system. Poor print quality, product failure, did not work as described, incomplete information and excuses as to why this was my fault. I received no response from inkproducts.com after I voiced my displeasure. buy at your own risk!"

This review was modified by Frgatto2004 on September 30 2014 07:41:06 AM

"I have dealt with Ink Products.com for a year now. I have to say that they have given me excellent service before and after the purchase. All products ordered came in a timely manner and all in good condition. In follow-up calls for assistance the company staff has always been excellent. The proof is also in the results that the product purchased does the job. The cartridges and ink all work great and with the assistance of their print head cleaner I was able to give new life to a 3 year old HP printer. I highly recommend this on line dealer for all your printing needs.
Barry B

"A very pleased customer from your "how to videos",your product selections, but most of all to your support on resolving an ink cartridge issue. Great help desk support giving suggestions on trouble shooting to the actual determination that a replacement was needed. Finally the quick delivery was also an added bonus. "

"Crap Customer Service - Substandard products

I purchased a (CIS)continuous ink system for one of my Epson printers and refillable cartridge system for another. Six weeks after installing the system the black print head started to clog and progressively got worse. I went to my back-up Epson when cleaning efforts failed. That black print head was also clogged and couldn't be cleaned. Their web site says "clog free guaranteed." I contacted them via the webpage and asked for the details of their "guarantee," and briefly described my problem. I inquired about ink compatibility across the Epson line. Their answer:
"our inks do no clog but the Epson print heads can dry out causing that problem if the are stored and not used. Epson printer must be used almost every day or at leased run some print head cleanings."
Two supplemental emails went unanswered. Apparently the clog free guarantee is nothing but a marketing ploy to suck you in. It is totally unsubstantiated. Customer service? NOT!

This review was modified by brianriese on March 23 2014 02:00:03 AM

"Very satisfied with Tom and the crew at The Ink Place. I bought refill syringes and a chip resetter for an EPSON WP-4020. I refilled the black ink according to their directions and my printer didn't recognize the cartridge. Tom talked me through the steps, taking time to analyze each one until we discovered the issue (misaligned pin). The products save me a lot in ink costs and the customer service is exactly what I needed to solve a problem."

This review was modified by GetFresh484 on December 30 2013 12:32:13 PM

"I LOVE TOM !!!! InkProducts.com is INK HEAVEN !!! Honestly, I love everything about InkProducts.com :) they handled my orders, questions, issues, and curiosity ssssssssssooooooooooooo professionally and friendly !!! I had originally placed an oder for a CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) for my Epson Workforce printer. Within 2 hours, I got a phone call FROM TOM :) who took the time to 'hold my hand' & 'walk me' through the differences between the CISS and the refill kits. The CISS was more money; but, as he was kind enough to explain; for my particular printer, the CISS has a tendency to wear on the Epson print head, which on my particular model, was a bit weaker; vs. other Workforce models. He of course would be happy to ship the CISS I ordered,(w/that in mind) ; or, ship the more suitably conducive refills (less money). I went with his suggestion of the refill kit, and I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER !!!! I watched his 'How To' video , then carefully filled up the cartridges... THEY WORK SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING WELL !!! I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER :) I had a small issue with my Cyan cartridge, explained it to Tom, and he took care of it!!! Talk about AMAZING customer service... I am a CUSTOMER for LIFE :) After showing my dad how this works, he ordered the same printer, and now I am ordering him the Epson Ultimate Refill Kit; as well. In today;s day and age, InkProducts (particularly Tom) works hard to keep SERVICE in "Customer Service "; and are a true gem ! I will not look anywhere else for ink , cartridges, or refills.... InkProducts.com IS INK HEAVEN :)"

This review was modified by PurpleSerenity on August 08 2013 12:56:37 PM

"SCAM ALERT!!: I bought the refillable cartridges from inkproducts.com for $80. The system went right on my printer no problem and I was excited about saving money on ink. The directions you get appear to have been written by a 3rd grader so you will have a little figuring to do. I printed my first photo and noticed that the black ink turned purple on the picture. I did 20 more all with the same result. I called Tom who said he had no idea what was wrong and that maybe I should return the kit. Here is where the SCAM kicks in. You can return the kit if it doesnt work but you cant return the ink! This way Tom will get 50% of every deal he makes no matter if it is returned or not. If I buy the kit and it doesnt work I should be able to return ALL of it. Why would I keep the ink? You cant test the kit without opening the ink!! Tom will tell you that his system does not work for everyone. I felt it was worth the risk as the theory of it was wonderful! It didnt work for me. I was dissappointed but thats how it goes sometimes. But I cant return the ink? And to make matters worse he has the ink I bought from my return! And then add his 30% restocking fee!! This guy is a scam artist! If the system somehow works on your printer you'll be safe. If it doesnt and you need to return it you are screwed! Shame on this man ...."

This review was modified by Hpotter on July 24 2013 09:13:13 AM

"I purchased a Deluxe Ink Refill kit for a WF3540 Epson printer, after endless research for a co.
who seemed on top of the compatible ink replacement situation...so many fly-by-night outfits out there. What sold me on inkproducts.com was there detailed video instructions, and that they paid attention to, and adjusted to the changes the printer companies make to try and keep you from using 3rd market products. And that the inks used were matched up with OEM products...a must to keep from clogging printheads..etc.

I received the kit, and having never done this before, paid strict attention to the excellently detailed written instructions. Everything worked exactly as spelled out, and installation was
flawless. My printer is "happy" with the refilled cartridges, and I'm on my way to saving a bunch
of money in the future.

What sets inkproducts.com apart I feel is that they don't put out cookie cutter products. Each one is well thought out and tested to match each printer product line. They actually CARE that
it works correctly. The inkjet replacement industry is pretty brutal, with a lot of flimflam outfits
out there attracting you with low prices. The crew at inkproducts.com truly take pride in what they put out, and bust their rear ends testing and developing their products. Their problem is that no matter how well they do, they are depending on their customers to FOLLOW the instructions correctly....the X factor, and probably why they get some negative reviews. As far as I am concerned, they are the best out there. I highly recommend giving them a try.

"This review is being written 14 months after purchase and installation of the continuous ink supply system for a Canon MX882 printer. After 3 design related failures – one of which caused a messy internal ink spill – and oft reported poor customer service, this product is removed from my printer.

The system worked flawlessly for the first weeks. That’s when the first design failure caused two cartridges to quit printing. InkProducts.Com acknowledged the problem to me in an email, and we agreed on a workaround. Then after 11 months of operation, a hole was worn in the yellow hose. The product design and mounting during installation makes this mid-life failure inevitable. The company refused to work with me on a solution.

No warranty, poor customer service, multiple design flaws….buyer beware. The continuous ink supply system from InkProducts.com is a poor return on investment. One could purchase multiple aftermarket cartridges for less money than the 11 months of troublesome operation received from this product. And if “time is money”, this product was an extraordinarily poor choice.

Anyone wishing a more complete version of my problems is invited here www.djhome.net/tips/TheInkPlace.htm

"I ordered CIS system for my HP 8600 plus (SKU411) from inkproducts.com. I was waiting for my HP cartridges to be depleted before installing the CIS system. After initial installation, it worked. The next day, the printer complained about the cartridges so I called tech support at inkproducts.com. With their instructions, I managed to fool the printer to always think the cartridge is full. The printer printed a few pages then the printouts appeared light as if cartridge is low. I called tech support again. They instructed me to prime the lines (clear lines of air). I cleared the cartridge as instructed but the ink cartridges just became empty instead of drawing new ink from the reservoirs. inkproducts instructed me to send it back with RMA. After sending it back, they claimed the unit leaked all over and became damaged so they cannot offer a replacement. $140 down the drain because they originally sent me a defective unit. This is a bad business that does not care about its customers. Stay away.

This review was modified by fongyang on January 25 2013 09:23:33 PM

Share The Ink Place's store rating

The Ink Place is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

The Ink Place is not a merchant member
The Ink Place does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!